PDA

View Full Version : Best naruto preliminary match, in the exam

Silver Dragonair
13th July 2006, 1:32 PM
I say the Gaara vs. Rock Lee. I think it was the only match where at least one of the contestants used their power to the fullest. It was cool watching Lee go all out. But it was sad that his efforts were in vein (SP?).

The Shino vs. Zaku comes in Second. But in the manga only. Because in the anime, the bugs didnt make Zaku's arms blow off. They just crippled them.

I actually thought they were all interesting in their own right. Except the Kankuro fight. That was boring.

Jonouchi
13th July 2006, 1:44 PM
Yoroi vs. Sasuke

Naruto vs. Kiba

Gaara vs. Lee

Hinata vs. Neji

Those are my votes

Alphonse Elric
13th July 2006, 1:45 PM
I must honestly say, though the Neji vs. Hinata-chan fight made me hate Neji (For nearly killing Hinata-chan.), and though Hinata-chan nearly died during that fight, I found it the best of all.

Why? *Points to Signature*

Fanboy Desires put aside, I must say, the Kiba vs. Naruto fight wasn't really that interesting, in my opinion. To be honest, the whole "Naruto farting during an important event" thing was getting kind of old. In fact, the only thing I appreciated about Match # 7 was that Naruto finally got to transform into something correctly.

Gaara vs. Lee... Well, that was a good one. Nothing else to say.

Kabuto
14th July 2006, 2:25 AM
Gaara versus Lee wins by a landslide. One of the best fights in the series. To believe people picked Neji versus Hinata and Chouji versus Dosu >_>.

xXFallenButterflyXx
14th July 2006, 2:52 AM
Rock Lee vs. Sabaku no Gaara. Seeing that made me realize how awesome Gaara is.

Kecleon Freak
14th July 2006, 3:23 AM
Lee vs. Gaara definitely. Lee is my second favorite character, and seeing him go crazy on Gaara (whom I hate) was one of the Chuunin Exam arc's high points for me.

I love it most when characters fight with straight martial arts (even in they are ridiculously exaggerated) as opposed to crazy techniques, which is part of the reason I like Lee so much.

Silver Dragonair
14th July 2006, 3:44 AM
Gaara versus Lee wins by a landslide. One of the best fights in the series. To believe people picked Neji versus Hinata and Chouji versus Dosu >_>.

That kuruma guy voted for all of them

Kurama
17th July 2006, 4:51 AM
i know i couldn't decide

Shikamaru
17th July 2006, 6:09 AM
To me it has to be Zaku vs. Shino and Naruto vs. Kiba. I liked those two fights since Shino(Beetles) and Kiba both use creatures in their fights (Beetles and Akamaru).

akane_rose
17th July 2006, 7:21 AM
rose: I'd say Naruto vs. Kiba was the best. some how I just found it funny. :)

Minami Itsuki
17th July 2006, 7:44 AM
Lee Vs. Gaara.

Filled with action, tear jerking moments, suspenseful and blood pumping battling...stuff. XDD

One of my most fave fights in the series too~

Second fave = Sasuke vs. Yoroi.

moonstone
17th July 2006, 7:10 PM
They were all really good, but I have to agree: Rock Lee vs. Gaara. I think that they were both really strong ninjas, and the thing about Rock Lee going all out is completely true.

Nagashi
19th July 2006, 8:13 PM
Shino ownage is always good, and I love Zaku, so I went with them - it was nice seeing a fraction of the bug user's power.

Mimori Kiryu
19th July 2006, 8:30 PM
Rock Lee vs Gaara. That's a given.

Sasuke vs Yorei. That was one of the better ones to show that even Sasuke needs help to get through things. XD

Naruto vs Kiba. I liked this one, it was one of my favorites.

And I forgot to vote for it...but I loved the battle with Kin vs Shikamaru. It was good too. D:

Ash6K
19th July 2006, 9:25 PM
My favorite and best is Neji's and Hinata's fight. It's kinda like sibling rivalry (except they are cousins), it shows that Hinata can face anyone in a match if she belives in herself, and to see a Naruto and Hinata moment is priceless. I do like Gaara vs. Lee too (thank goodness Gaara and Lee become Allies, two strong warriors facing Kimimaro= awesome).

coolcobra77
21st July 2006, 3:06 AM
It looks like Gaara vs Lee is what everyone likes
(I still yet have to get Naruto Vol:10 to enjoy it... stupid only Vol. 9)

I liked Naruto vs Kiba becuase it showed how much Naruto isn't a whimp like everyone believes. Even I did... I mean being able to make a million of you is cool, but there are a million flood and Master Chief kicked all thier **** in one big boom (Halo 1) and is about to kill 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 more in Halo 2+3 combined!

BattleFranky~40
22nd July 2006, 5:41 PM
Anybody who doesn't say Rock Lee v Gaara is insane in the membrane.

Silver Dragonair
22nd July 2006, 5:48 PM
It looks like Gaara vs Lee is what everyone likes
(I still yet have to get Naruto Vol:10 to enjoy it... stupid only Vol. 9)

I liked Naruto vs Kiba becuase it showed how much Naruto isn't a whimp like everyone believes. Even I did... I mean being able to make a million of you is cool, but there are a million flood and Master Chief kicked all thier **** in one big boom (Halo 1) and is about to kill 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 more in Halo 2+3 combined!

Following the americanized version??

I have read the scanlated version up to cahpter 315 (about 35 volumes)

BattleFranky~40
22nd July 2006, 5:51 PM
Following the americanized version??

I have read the scanlated version up to cahpter 315 (about 35 volumes)
What's taking you so long to read Chapter 316?

Silver Dragonair
22nd July 2006, 6:20 PM
What's taking you so long to read Chapter 316?

Oh snap its out...

oh and check your PM...I asked you somethin

Adzieboy
23rd July 2006, 1:52 PM
I liked Hinata vs Neji
Shikamaru vs Kin (Shikamaru owns!)
Tenten vs Temari (Tenten owns too.)

BattleFranky~40
23rd July 2006, 2:01 PM
How could you like Temari v TenTen?

It lasts a whole 2 panels in the manga

SudovVoOdO
23rd July 2006, 2:03 PM
Of course gaara vs rock lee

Adzieboy
23rd July 2006, 2:14 PM
How could you like Temari v TenTen?

It lasts a whole 2 panels in the manga

I know, but I like Tenten, and the way summons the weapons. ^^

BattleFranky~40
23rd July 2006, 2:16 PM
I know, but I like Tenten, and the way summons the weapons. ^^
but in the end, this is for best fight, not best character.

Since Kishimoto was merciful enough to only force us to see the beginning and the end, it shouldn't even count as a fight.

Silver Dragonair
23rd July 2006, 3:12 PM
Temari vs. Tenten was shown in the anime.

It wasnt impressive

battlefrontiertrainer
23rd July 2006, 3:44 PM
Garra Vs Lee definatly the most interesting

Eon Chao
23rd July 2006, 5:21 PM
Garra vs Lee was the most action packed.

Hinata vs Neji was the most emotional.

Sakura vs Ino was tho only other one i enjoyed reading/watching.

The only other fight that deserves a mention is Shikamaru's and it ony deserves a mention as it's no where near as good as his one against Temari.

Adzieboy
23rd July 2006, 6:44 PM
but in the end, this is for best fight, not best character.

Since Kishimoto was merciful enough to only force us to see the beginning and the end, it shouldn't even count as a fight.

I was talking about the anime, not the manga. It's pitiful in the manga.

Kecleon Freak
23rd July 2006, 6:49 PM
Well, since this is the manga section, we should be talking about the manga and not the anime.

Adzieboy
23rd July 2006, 7:00 PM
Well, since this is the manga section, we should be talking about the manga and not the anime.

Yeah, I just realised that, sorry.

My real answer would be Ino and Sakura.

Fullmetal_Alchemist
23rd July 2006, 7:49 PM
Definitely Lee vs Gaara and Hinata vs Neji, both were pretty brutal and interesting.

Adzieboy
23rd July 2006, 7:51 PM
Yeah Hinata vs Neji was quite moving, the stuff about Neji and the branch family.

Jinchūriki
1st August 2006, 1:21 AM
Lee vs Gaara

Lee got crippled, that right there makes it the best

Blue_Lightning8
1st August 2006, 1:27 AM
I liked Hinata vs Neji
Shikamaru vs Kin (Shikamaru owns!)
Tenten vs Temari (Tenten owns too.)

Uhh, yeah... Temari totally owned TenTen. Anyway to the subject
Shikamaru vs Kin ( Very Strategic )
Neji vs Hinata (Intense!)
Rock Lee vs Gaara (Even more Intense!)

blackice2
1st August 2006, 1:41 AM
Kin vs. Shikamaru was my favorite, but Gaara vs. Lee was a close second.

johnny139
1st August 2006, 11:01 PM
I voted for Lee vs. Gaara and Hinata vs. Neji.

Lee vs. Gaara because Rock Lee is my favorite Genin and seeing Gaara breakdown was great. Hinata vs. Neji if only for the mental taunts Neji threw at her beforehand.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
2nd August 2006, 6:14 PM
rock and gaara

celebi mew
3rd August 2006, 12:16 AM
lee vs gaara sand ninja rule

NARUTOxMANGA
21st August 2006, 4:02 PM
Uzumaki Naruto is best! ^^

SuperShadow the Hedgehog
21st August 2006, 6:06 PM
The Hinata and Neji one probably, considering Hinata was considering weak and shy, but in the battle she stood up for herself, well, she didn't give up even though she was on the verge of death.

But I did like the Gaara and Lee battle. I think it was on last night or something.