PDA

View Full Version : GSC Competitive Team

Temeraire
15th July 2006, 5:01 AM
This is just a team I'll be using to battle with friends, not actual competitions. So all the legendary/OU/whatever clauses are not a worry. I'm not really partial to annoyers, but if someone sees that an annoyer is in need, I can easily turn Zapdos into one. Also, I'll be freely abusing the clone cheat in getting whatever TMs I need. :P

Note: This is mainly a team of resters with Miltank as the alarm clock.

Zapdos @ Mint Berry
special sweeper
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Drill Peck / Hidden Power
-Rest
I realize this thing can't touch ground/rock types, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a water, grass, or ice HP.

Typhlosion @ Leftovers
special sweeper
-Flamethrower
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake / Sunny Day
-Rest
Which should I choose: Earthquake or Sunny Day?

Suicune @ Leftovers
tank / pseudohazer
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Roar
-Rest

Heracross @ Leftovers
physical sweeper
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Return
-Rest

Miltank @ Leftovers
cleric / tank
-Heal Bell
-Return
-Earthquake
-Milk Drink

Lugia @ Miracle Berry
physical sweeper / tank
-Curse
-Aeroblast
-Earthquake
-Recover
Finally, your general and ever-handy OU Lugia moveset.

Any major weaknesses? Any moves I could improve on. I'm open to all suggestions.

Double-Edge
15th July 2006, 8:21 AM
Once Miltank is gone, your team will fall easily

Zapdos@Leftovers
Drill Peck
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
HP: Water/Grass
~ Thunderwave is must, parasupport is your friend, i know you dont like annoyer type moves, but they are needed in battle. Also forces switches or unecessary resting, which is to your advantage. It also forces them to use heal bell. Bolt is pure accuracy, since Thunder is only good when rain dance is working, and RD takes up a need spot. Drill peck for pure power and STAB. you better hope you can get a HP: Water/Grass, cause there isnt much more you can do

Typlosion@Mint Berry
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Rest
~This works, but you need mint berry, cause Plosion can be taken down easily without it

Suicune@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Roar
Mirror Coat
~ Only change is Mirror Coat. No one will risk losing any pokemon, and will always go for the electric types against Suicune. Mirror Coat will stop that

Heracross@Leftovers
Megahorn
Earthquake
Curse
Return
~ Again, no rest, cause ross can be picked apart while resting

Miltank@Leftovers
Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Attract
Return/Body Slam
~ I personally love Miltank. Attract stops attack and sometimes forces switching. Slam give parasupport, but return give good damage.

Lugia@Leftovers
Aeroblast
Earthquake
Curse
Surf
~ Surf gives rock/ground coverage. the rest was good

you need a mixed tank thats can baton pass such as Jolteon or an Annoyer such as Umbreon, cause everyone carries heal bell these days, and if you can force them to use all of them up, the battle will go in your favour

Umbreon@Leftovers
Confuse Ray
Toxic
Charm
Rest
~ This is the only time rest should be used without mint berry. Normally mean look is on this set, but you want them to switch out, and if they dont, you can rest. Charm is for if they dont switch, but they will

Jolteon@Leftovers
Baton Pass
Agility
Thunderwave
Rest
~ Again, only time rest with out mint berry. Agility, thunderwave, then baton pass. only rest when you need to. Agility as you should know will boost your speed, which will help in the long run especially with Typlosion

Temeraire
15th July 2006, 11:35 PM
If I do use a baton-passer, which pokemon in my team should I replace it with? (since there there's only 6-per-team) Would Scizor suffice as a good baton passer?

See, what I was trying to get with a resting team is that one pokemon fights until they dip into the red, rest, switch out to another (with type advantage, hopefully), battle, rest, and so on until all I have left is Miltank. Then, while everyone else is resting, Miltank does a heal bell and then I immediately switch out to any pokemon that just woke up (Miltank will take one or two hits in this).

Is that a workable plan? I'm not sure, since I haven't used this approach before. I can understand that some members of my team can't rest and survive without switching out (like Typhlosion and Heracross).

Double-Edge
16th July 2006, 2:25 AM
yeah, it could work, but if your opponent picks up on it, they will kill Miltank quickly

and dont forget mean look

i would mean look Miltank or any heal bellers, just to get rid of them first

The Mysterious One
18th July 2006, 8:40 PM
This is just a team I'll be using to battle with friends, not actual competitions. So all the legendary/OU/whatever clauses are not a worry. I'm not really partial to annoyers, but if someone sees that an annoyer is in need, I can easily turn Zapdos into one. Also, I'll be freely abusing the clone cheat in getting whatever TMs I need. :P

Zapdos @ Mint Berry
special sweeper
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Rest
I realize this thing can't touch ground/rock types, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed for a water, grass, or ice HP.

Despite what was said, ThunderWave is NOT a must on Zappy. Hardly any Zappies have it. Why? Because Rhydon and Steelix are natural switch ins to Zappy all the time. And what good will TWave do you then? Hidden Power is frowned upon just about everywhere, but if your friends aren't totally ****** off by the idea, then go for it I guess. Since you already have a Sleep Talker in Heracross, I would go with Reflect/Thunderbolt/Drill/Rest @ Lefties. But if you must, Thunder Wave can be placed over Reflect.

Typhlosion @ Leftovers
special sweeper
-Flamethrower
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake / Sunny Day
-Rest

Sunny Day over Rest if you wish. Typhlosion wont be lasting long...There are a myriad of better pokemon to use than this though.

Suicune @ Leftovers
tank / pseudohazer
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Roar
-Rest

OK, but Toxic over Ice Beam is usually the way to go.

Heracross @ Leftovers
physical sweeper
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Return
-Rest

Id go with Curse/MegaHorn/Seismic Toss/Rest @ Leftovers. The set Double Edge suggested will just get you walled by Skarm (which apparently is on almost every team, Lix, Rhydon, and so on).

Miltank @ Leftovers
cleric / tank
-Heal Bell
-Return
-Earthquake
-Milk Drink

Better off going with Body Slam over Return for Paralysis. Growl can be used over EQ to hold off Cursers and the like. And since most of the things attacking Miltank will be special attackers (like Raikou and the like), which happen to be genderless or Female, Attract will NOT do you much good.

Lugia @ Miracle Berry
physical sweeper / tank
-Curse
-Aeroblast
-Earthquake
-Recover

An uber...but if your friends dont slap you silly for using it, then meh. That set was the old shcool set and worked fine. Problem is, Skarm is now the most popular P Hazer out there, and quickly walls this Lugia. Nevermind the fact that Reflecting Raikou takes care of it (especially if Lugia is paralyzed or soemthing). There are better sweepers you could use. The set is not as great as you may think. Meh, whatever floats your boat.

Any major weaknesses? Any moves I could improve on. I'm open to all suggestions.

3x Rock weak, Zappy weak, Nidoking weak, Snorlax owns you...Dropping Typhlosion for something like Nidoking or Rhydon or something would really help you.

Altmer
19th July 2006, 8:21 AM

Zapdos @ Mint Berry
special sweeper
-Thunder
-Rain Dance
-Rest

Drill peck works just fine, get sleeptalk over rain dance.

Typhlosion @ Leftovers
special sweeper
-Flamethrower
-Thunderpunch
-Earthquake / Sunny Day
-Rest

Neither, get Nidoking.

Suicune @ Leftovers
tank / pseudohazer
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Roar
-Rest

Works.

Heracross @ Leftovers
physical sweeper
-Megahorn
-Earthquake
-Return
-Rest

Seismic toss over return or skarm will just sit there.

Miltank @ Leftovers
cleric / tank
-Heal Bell
-Return
-Earthquake
-Milk Drink

I like curse on this, but whatever.

Lugia @ Miracle Berry
physical sweeper / tank
-Curse
-Aeroblast
-Earthquake
-Recover

I'd ditch this, but the set is fine.

I guess starmie is quite hard to combat with an se move on every of your pokemon. Blissey over Miltank because you have too little special wallage especially if you're not going to play lugia since this is OU not uber metagame. Nidoking over something over typhloshion, or get a grasser like Meganium/Eggy.