PDA

View Full Version : Favoutire 3rd Gen game?

DragonDance
15th July 2006, 7:40 PM
The first thread here will be a simple poll. My favourite is emerald because of the animations.

Alakazam
15th July 2006, 7:41 PM
The first thread here will be a simple poll. My favourite is emerald because of the animations.
Same here. Anis rule!

Darth_paul
15th July 2006, 7:42 PM
I'm gonna say Ruby. I would say Emerald but I didn't like the sprites and I'm kinda prejudiced as mine's broken. :@

PkmnTrainerJ
15th July 2006, 7:52 PM
It's Colosseum by the way, if you can change it, and also Favourite.

But I reckon Emerald, wuv the new additions and things.

Kalosian
15th July 2006, 7:53 PM
Emerald, becouse of the Breeding additions, Battle Frontier, Safari zone updates & better Pick up items.

Pottsie
15th July 2006, 7:59 PM
I've only recently got Emerald, so I'd say Firered.

Auraninja
15th July 2006, 8:02 PM
Emerald because of the new features and the emphasis on Rayqaza, one of my favorite legendaries.

summnor1201
15th July 2006, 8:37 PM
Emerald cause of the storyline revamp and battle frontier

Brick Road
15th July 2006, 8:40 PM
Sapphire, I use it as my main game, and I love it ^^

B R ~

4 8 15 16 23 42
15th July 2006, 8:44 PM
Emerald, because of Battle Frontier and the animations.

Ben Kenobi
15th July 2006, 8:49 PM
Emerald. Need I say why?

WhiteWizard42
15th July 2006, 9:06 PM
It's Colosseum by the way, if you can change it, and also Favourite.

But I reckon Emerald, wuv the new additions and things.
no "u" in favorite if you live in america. DD (Viper) needs to fix "colosseum", though.

emerald. battle frontier, everstone breeding and fixed IV inheritance, all 3 weather ubers, bonus islands (navel rock/birth island/faraway island/southern island), lati@s of your choice, more pokes available in-game than in any other, not as much of a rehashed storyline as FR/LG/XD, easier EV training than any other game (except Defense, but no game does defense training well), and just general awesomeness.

Comray001
15th July 2006, 9:08 PM
XD is my favorite!

lazyslothboy
15th July 2006, 9:21 PM
easily emerald. But Ruby and Sapphire come as a close second as they introduced many new things, such as new pokemon, natures, etc.

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
15th July 2006, 9:45 PM
Emerald for sure, the Battle Frontier rules, with Colosseum in a close Second.

Charizard86
15th July 2006, 9:46 PM
Emerald, mainly cos of the animations and the whole optional doublt battle thing. The other GBA games were disappointing in the double battle area & The Gamecube games just made me sick of it. Emerald had a perfect balance.

FireHead Hank
15th July 2006, 9:48 PM
Emerald. It's awesome; Battle Frontier, animated sprites, re-match with Gym Leaders...

Random Ryuu
15th July 2006, 9:50 PM
i like colosseum the most cuz the battles look better on gamecube than on the GBA, but it's because i don't have XD yet. my second fav would be emerald and then leafgreen.

Colosseum Heroine 1991
15th July 2006, 9:53 PM
My fav is Colosseum. I like that it has a darker storyline and a way better one than the usual "unknown beginner trainer beats all the gym leaders, stumbles upon some evil team and takes them down, and then goes on to beat the E4 and become the champ" thing. I also like that it's the first 3D RPG, and I like its characters(especially Wes!).

Golden_Latias
15th July 2006, 10:00 PM
Tie between Sapphire and Leaf Green. Emerald's overrated *shot* :p. And besides, I don't have it.

I like Sapphire because, well, I don't have Ruby, either. Plus, as someone else said, R/S introduced new Pokemon, natures, contests, etc. into the Pokemon universe. And I liked LG because I don't have FR, but still. FR/LG introduced Kanto Pokemon to the Advanced Gen. The Sevii Islands, though rushed and tacked on, were interesting.

Colosseum comes in a close second, though, with its darker, more mature storyline. The Shadow Pokemon concept was an excellent idea IMO.

Captain Brain
15th July 2006, 10:02 PM
Emerald: Animation, Pokemon and plot-line are all 5star in my book. ;025;

Dragetre
15th July 2006, 10:04 PM
For me, it's a tie between FireRed and Emerald. Although I prefer Emerald slightly more due to the fact that it has the Battle Frontier, I still would consider the two games a tie for me.
-Dragetre

♪Crystal Mew♪
15th July 2006, 10:10 PM
I like emerald for all the cool new stuff... but they definately lost some points for originality (it was the same codebase as r/s)

I voted lg since it is my favorite of the bunch... it introduced some new things, the font was probably the best of them all, it had a lot of gameplay in it... and was actually at times challenging

Taruta the Blue Mage
15th July 2006, 10:19 PM
Emerald, why? Battle Frontier, animations, all 3 Ancient Legendaries, Choosing which Lati you want, Speed Deoxys, Well thought out story line, Re-facing Gym Leaders, New ways of obtaining Pokemon. The works basically

Pikachu
15th July 2006, 10:28 PM
Emerald, with enhanced breeding, wireless compatibility, and more pokemon, it's easily the best pokemon game out there.

Freakshow
15th July 2006, 11:13 PM
Emerald; it contains a lot of things I need for competitive battling
- Lv.91 Pick Up (still too lazy to train one up, though) for Earthquakes
- Breeding enhancements (Everstone, Magma Armor/Flame Body)
- Wireless compatibility

Aptenodytes
16th July 2006, 12:41 AM
Emerald. Top three reasons: Animations, Battle Frontier, and Re-battling old gym leaders with stronger Pokemon.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
16th July 2006, 2:23 AM
Emerald. Top three reasons: Animations, Battle Frontier, and Re-battling old gym leaders with stronger Pokemon.
Exactly the same here

Adam_stm
16th July 2006, 2:34 AM
Emerald and XD

2Percent Miltank
16th July 2006, 2:36 AM
Emerald for sure. <33 I love the animations and all the new features in it compared to my Ruby version. :3 Leaf Green is tons of fun too, I just prefer my Emerald version to it. ^^

ESE
16th July 2006, 2:36 AM
...WTF? You guys really like the Emerald animations???
How is that possible? They suck. They're probably the worst animations ever used in a GBA game -_-
I still voted Emerald, tough.

wcgold
16th July 2006, 2:46 AM
Even though I never played Emerald, I'm still voting for it. The animations suck, but cutting hatch steps by half and longer gameplay with the addition of the Battle Frontier equals Win.

pikachu146
16th July 2006, 11:47 AM
Emerald.Because you can get Groudon and Kyorge in one game.And there's the battle frontier,and all those additions.

Shiny Penny
16th July 2006, 12:14 PM
Emerald because of the Battle Frontier; the only battle facility that has ever proved a challenge in a game boy pokemon game. Also the addition of the man who tells when you have perfect IV's and the scondary function of Flame Body made breeding easier which was also a definate plus.

silver girl
16th July 2006, 12:31 PM
As the most say: Emerald. I already loved the animations in Crystal and so I'm glad they were in Emerald again. i also like the BF. And it's cool that you must fight both Team Magma and Aqua.

Bulbatordile
16th July 2006, 12:45 PM
Emerald because of it's better storyline, Battle Fronteir and animation (although not as good as Crystal's attempt). As well as the other added features-some Abilites having 2nd effects otside of battle, being able to re-challenge gym leaders. More legendaries, G/S pokemon, both fossils.
the only thing I did not like was the 'regional/national dex' which restricts what pokemon you can use before upgrade (unlike in R/S where you can trade whenever).

!Mats!
16th July 2006, 1:48 PM
Emerald for me!

MagTrick
16th July 2006, 2:49 PM
pokemon emerald

why you said all my reasons

~Flareon~
16th July 2006, 3:44 PM
My favourite 3rd Generation game is Emerald.

-SI-
16th July 2006, 10:20 PM
Ruby. Started my 3rd generation craze ^^

Sneasel
16th July 2006, 11:11 PM
I like Leafgreen the best. It was the first 3rd gen. game that I completed.

Theneedleman
17th July 2006, 1:03 AM
I like Emerald the best. The animations and Battle Frontier are sweet.

GonbeTR
17th July 2006, 1:21 AM
My favorite is emerald because BATTLE FRONTIER rocks! Moreover, there are diverse features that makes this game more adorable.

Golde
18th July 2006, 12:35 AM
I like emerald better than any game, and so does everyone else.

Golden Latios
18th July 2006, 3:25 AM
I like Emerald the best, since it has very good graphics, and new options, like choosing who you want to catch (Latios/Latias), the Battle Frontier, you get to catch Groudon and Kyogre, etc.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th July 2006, 4:26 PM
Mine is Ruby because it was my first 3rd gen game.2nd would be FireRed then Emerald

mewfanforlife
20th July 2006, 12:50 AM
Emerald because the BF keeps me playing, and the Gamecube games because they were so different.

Aquarelle
21st July 2006, 7:32 AM
Emerald, because of breding/ability additions, contests, being able to catch both groudon and Kyogre, choosing your Lati, gym leader rematches, and the battle frontier of course!

Mudkip3
21st July 2006, 7:04 PM
Emerald, because of the animation of the fight of Groudon and Kyogre, facing both evil teams, animation in battle (though it isn't very good), rebattling the Gym Leaders, and the Battle Frontier.

duelistXmist
21st July 2006, 8:00 PM
Emerlad, biggest, most chanllging and you can cacth almost all the 3rd G pokemon and some great Johoto ones.

Jiggy37
21st July 2006, 9:46 PM
Emerald, because of the Battle Frontier and breeding changes. If not for those two things, FR/LG would easily win; it has better music, better Pokemon, and a better main quest.

8$~Rayquaza~$8
22nd July 2006, 12:46 AM
emerald was the best

Orion-Sama
22nd July 2006, 5:59 AM
Emerald. Best Pokémon game ever made. Period. :)

Colosseum/XD come in close second, for they're the best deviation from the usual storyline and truly renewed my interest in the franchise. :o

battlefrontiertrainer
22nd July 2006, 2:31 PM
Xd because it was a good place to train 4 me at least

BattleFranky~40
22nd July 2006, 2:42 PM
Leaf Green. R/S/E was just... bleh. The pokemon themselves were alrght, but they could have definatly done better. As for Colloseum and XD, they suck. Very very hard.

folgore
26th August 2006, 4:08 AM
I really liked Pokemon XD. Ive always liked the 3-D games better that have a definate plotline.

VLadCsharp
13th November 2006, 10:39 PM
Emerald, I think is the best, because it introduces the Battle Frontier.

ShinyManafi
13th November 2006, 10:41 PM
Emerald, for all of those cool additional features

Pacman
14th November 2006, 12:05 AM
Emerald. You can catch more Legend Pokemon and Johto Pokemon. And, of coaurse, the Battle Frontier.

tomato13187
14th November 2006, 3:55 AM
I like LG's sprites the most, however, Emerald has more pokemon that I like, and XD just gave me Safari Zone pokemon and others with awesome moves. I don't have Emerald, by the way. Otherwise, I probably would've picked it.

[AceAussie]
14th November 2006, 7:32 AM
Fire red FTW..it's the best

top 8 guy
14th November 2006, 7:38 AM
No fire red is like a copy is of blue and red, but then so is emerald of ruby and sapphire, with new things, Im gonna say probably none of them because dp will make it more obvious which 1 is better :P

MukkinMUK
14th November 2006, 11:36 AM
Yo yo yo, the best iis Emerald... Yay, with all those cool spirits..!!!
Muk looks even more like a rapper, then in the past games..!! (Yo... Says my MUK..)

Juan87
14th November 2006, 12:11 PM
d probably say either emerald or leaf green why would you choose ruby or sapphire when most of that is in emerald with more