PDA

View Full Version : What do you like most about 3rd. Gen?

Sneasel
15th July 2006, 10:32 PM
I personally like the berry feature in R/S/E. It's fun growing them and all. So: What do you like most about 3rd. Generation?

Pottsie
15th July 2006, 10:43 PM
I like the Secret Bases in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald, because they were your own place. Too bad you couldn't have loads, but I think it was for the best.

TogeticTheRuler
15th July 2006, 11:02 PM
i like that u can get all these legends but nooooo im stuck in the stupid aqua hideout

water types rule
15th July 2006, 11:20 PM
It's so hard to pick:remake's of great games,Secret Bases, Berry growing,great Pokes,Battle Fronteir.... I guess I'd pick the Secret Bases, they're so fun, even if they don't accomplish anything, and collecting decorations, can be a bit of a break from teh Fronteir or Contests and whatnot.

Chimecho3000
15th July 2006, 11:42 PM
The Secret Base battles is what I like most about the 3rd gen. games.

Snow
16th July 2006, 12:12 AM
The pokemon are my reason.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
16th July 2006, 1:15 AM
The battle frontier for sure its just so challenging and fun

Alakazam
16th July 2006, 1:19 AM
I love the Battle frontier and the Secret bases.

Aptenodytes
16th July 2006, 1:21 AM
The better sprites for one, and also the Battle Fronteir was cool.

Kosmo
16th July 2006, 7:17 AM
The design and art of the games, (sprites, buildings, etc.) the remakes of the 1st generation, two on two battles, quicker link battles and lots more.

BasiltheDragon
16th July 2006, 8:32 AM
The Battle Frontier, and that there's more Legendaries for me to destroy.

pikachu146
16th July 2006, 10:44 AM
I like the Emerald battle frontier best.It is fun,gives you something to do after you've beaten the Elite4.

Ridi
16th July 2006, 4:05 PM
Hmm, Pokemon natures, I think. It's cool to see Pokemon with different personalities - I feel like I get to know them better, somehow, 'cause I'm a geeky loser and think of my Pokemon as my FRIENDS. :D

ZTcrazy
16th July 2006, 5:09 PM
The thing I really liked about the 3rd generation (especially E) was the amount of different things you can do when you have beaten the PKMN league. There are so many different legendaries you can get, do some EV training, contests and of course the BF in Emerald.

Kabuto
16th July 2006, 7:26 PM
Natures to make pokemon stronger and the large selection of pokemon.

-SI-
16th July 2006, 9:19 PM
R/S/E: Diving
FR/LG: Islands.

crashandburn
16th July 2006, 10:00 PM
I like the secret bases and the pokemon abilities

RPG Maker
16th July 2006, 10:03 PM
Secret Bases for sure, my friends and I had fun making them. My friends all moved away T_T and one of the things I have to remeber them is their Secret Bases in my game.

Kiseki
16th July 2006, 10:08 PM
In R/S/E, I liked the berry feature, secret bases, and Pokemon contests. After you finish the game, you'd make your own secret base, and participate in contests to earn ribbons. That's pretty fun. ^^

Dark_Force
16th July 2006, 10:13 PM
R/S/E: Secret bases, battle frontier

Fr/Lg: Revisiting Kanto, new items (ie fame checker, teachy tv, vs seeker, hm case etc)

General: Massively improved sprites+overworlds, individual mini-sprites, metagame's transformation-natures, abilities, evs etc etc)

~DF~

Caterpie Master
16th July 2006, 10:55 PM
I do love the great amount of berrys, and the secret bases are also lotta fun.
And of course the improved graphics.

GetBacker
17th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Sapphire was my first Pokemon games. It wasn't until I got Crystal a few months later that I could really appreciate the 3rd generation improvements.

This may seem dull but the aspect of the 3rd generation I like the most is the new storage system. It is so easy to move pokemon between box and party, and from one box to another, and you don't have to save the game everytime you switch boxes.

price
17th July 2006, 7:54 PM
I guss secret bases,battle tower/frontier,and the new pokemon.

Golde
17th July 2006, 11:47 PM
The step up in graphics from G/S/Csince R was my first GBA Game.

Golden Latios
18th July 2006, 3:23 AM
I like the graphics and new Pokemon the most in the Third Generation. I also love the random shows they put on TV! :P

WaterDragon trainer
18th July 2006, 3:24 AM
I always like the opportunity to see new pokemon. Most of which I find to be cool.

dylan,watermaster
18th July 2006, 10:01 PM
The hours of cathing a chimcho. oh and salsa my psycotic seadra. GO SEADRA!!!!!

Walking Contradiction
20th July 2006, 9:28 AM
New pokemon, improved graphics, contests, secret bases, berries, storage system. I think contests are the best thing.

Jiggy37
20th July 2006, 6:48 PM
The addition of abilities. The first time I read about Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Flash Fire, and Levitate, and the first time I saw the likes of Intimidate and Synchronize in action, I thought to myself, "Yes, this is exactly where the Pokemon series has been wanting to go since day one, and they finally figured out how to get there."

Other than that, honorable mentions would be the more strategic EV system, the new held items, the infinitely-improved box system, and the VS Seeker--which absolutely must become standard in Pokemon games from here on out. It really added a great dynamic to the game to be able to rebattle anyone who's outdoors, especially when at least half of them evolve/level up their team or add new Pokemon. It gave a stronger sense that you're not the only person in the region who's on a genuine quest to be a great Pokemon trainer.

mewfanforlife
20th July 2006, 8:24 PM
I like secret bases, double battles, and all the berry types.

lightfairy475
3rd August 2006, 5:46 AM
R/S: I liked the additon of Pokemon natures and abilities, Secret Bases, Berry growing, and Contests. You become the Pokemon League Champion, and you suddenly have Contests to win, a Secret Base to customize, Legendaries to capture, and a Battle Tower to conquer. Of course, the leap in graphics has its place on my list, too.
E: The Battle Tents were cool to fight in. I especially loved the Battle Swap tournament in Slateport. The Tents and Battle Frontier really add a whole new dimension to the game. It's not just teaching you Pokemon these powerful attacks and hammering away at the opponent anymore. Now you have to learn to adapt your technique for using completely new Pokemon you didn't raise, give your Pokemon diverse movests according to nature, choose your moves wisely depending on the situation, and more. It really pushes you to the limit.
Fr/Lg: I liked the addition of the Sevii Islands and items like the Fame Checker and Teachy TV. (Aw, no coffee man and Missingno.?) The fact that you could catch one of the Legendary Dogs from Johto depending on your starter was awesome.

Somebody
3rd August 2006, 5:50 AM
The storage system, it is very simple to go between boxes, much unlike the games of previous generations.

Havoc Houndoom
3rd August 2006, 6:04 AM
Let's not forget the Gamecube games. Those are quite fun, having actual storylines in 3D to play thruogh. (And let's not forget, Houndour or Houndoom are available in both! ;228; ;229;)

But I love the abilities, new type combos, the new moves, and all the good stuff. Here's hoping Gen-4 will be even better!

Aquarelle
3rd August 2006, 8:12 AM
I like:

~Better graphics
~Better storage system
~Abilities/natures
~BATTLE FRONTIER!!!
~Sevii Islands
~Hoenn :)
~Elite Four second wave on FR/LG
~Pokemon contests

And lots more, I won't list them all, or else I'll be typing for hours...

drone_8@hotmail.com
3rd August 2006, 8:16 AM
Aagron and secret bases were my fav

~Flareon~
3rd August 2006, 2:41 PM
In R/S/E, I liked the secret bases.

Shattered Rift
3rd August 2006, 6:00 PM
I hadn't even thought of the improved storage system until reading this thread. It was definitely something I was taking for granted.

Secret Bases are my favorite aspect (I miss the all the collectibles for your room from GSC), but the new aspects of gameplay (Natures and Abilities) add another solid dimension to the game.

Oh, and how about the ability to run, ;)?

true+false
3rd August 2006, 6:31 PM
In FR/LG I really like the Sevii Islands and in Emerald, the Battle Frontier and Safari Zone Extension.

sam_h12
3rd August 2006, 8:50 PM
yeh i like the storage system.

and i love the sprites. i think they're great.

i liked FRLG because it was a chance to use pokemon that were missed out in RSE. they picked the worse pokemon for the hoenn dex...

Warri0r
3rd August 2006, 10:05 PM
-Improved Graphics

-the Easy to use and organized storage system

-Vs. Seeker in FR/LG.

Jolteonmaster2
4th August 2006, 3:40 AM
Ruby and Sapphire were the first Pokemon game on the GBA, FireRed and LeafGreen were remakes of the 1st generation, and Emerald was the first in full color.

Sapphire Phoenix
4th August 2006, 5:29 AM
I like the sprites (but just the R/S/E pokemon, I don't like that the back sprites of older pokemon are reused from Gold and Silver) the way easier storage system, and the Secret bases in R/S/E.

K-os
5th August 2006, 2:14 PM
The large amount of pokemon and in rse diving.

the 3gen is just much more challenging.
Sham FR and LG dont have diving.

~K-os~