PDA

View Full Version : Kanto vs Hoenn

TogeticTheRuler
16th July 2006, 12:06 AM
Kanto or Hoenn?*takes out all of legendaries and events just in case*
Mine is Kanto cuz i can get loads of Togetics now!

Ragnarok
16th July 2006, 12:14 AM
Kanto because of the challenging second wave pokemon leauge and gyms

Trooper Guy
16th July 2006, 12:15 AM
A very random poll indeed... But anyways, if you meant Lg/Fr, then Hoenn>>>Fr/Lg Kanto, imo. I like exploring in Hoenn and the region is bigger and doesn't take a couple of days to beat. Both are cool, but i like Hoenn more. Period.

I vote Hoenn, ftw.

dabattousai
16th July 2006, 12:16 AM
Kanto, because there is no huge water terrain with annoying water Pokemon popping up every 5 seconds while trying to find the area where you dive to the 8th Gym or head to the Elite 4.

Pottsie
16th July 2006, 12:16 AM
I like both of them.

Golden_Latias
16th July 2006, 12:18 AM
Hoenn. Most people like Kanto, either because of nostalgia or because people think Hoenn is a rip-off of Kanto, be it the Pokemon, the locations, or anything else.

I look at Kanto's Pokemon, and most of them are generic and boring (Charizard, anyone?). Some of Hoenn's Pokemon, such as Nosepass, don't look like anything, and that's what makes them creative. And don't go on ranting about how Hoenn's Pokemon are clones of Kanto Pokemon! IMO, the word "clone" is used so much in Pokemon, people don't even know what it means anymore. I've heard some absurd stuff, such as Lairon and Aggron being rip-offs of Rhyhorn and Rhydon just because their bodies are similar.

Plus, Hoenn has most of my favorite Pokemon, such as the Latis, Flygon, and Swampert.

Kikas123
16th July 2006, 12:21 AM
I prefer Kanto cause It's got that Old school Charm.

water types rule
16th July 2006, 12:23 AM
Hoenn, it has more then just grass and field, although Kanto is good too.
Hoenn has more diverse areas, such as the top of a volcanoe, underwater, a city in a crater,etc.

JohtoGirl
16th July 2006, 12:27 AM
Johto owns both of them.
However I prefer Kanto to Hoenn.

TogeticTheRuler
16th July 2006, 12:41 AM
I like hoenn music better though,hmmm i forgot to put Orre

Chimecho3000
16th July 2006, 12:46 AM
Hoenn, Kanto was kinda boring.

Dragonfree
16th July 2006, 12:55 AM
Well, I like Kanto personally because most of my favorite Pokémon happen to come from it, although this does not belong here at all.

Snow
16th July 2006, 12:56 AM
Hoenn is better in my opinion.

Manene
16th July 2006, 12:58 AM
Hoenn. It seems to be real varied (sp?) and full of adventure. Kanto seems kind of plain in my opinion.

Manene out;manene;

Arena Tycoon Slaking
16th July 2006, 2:10 AM
Hoenn Mainly because of the Battle Frontier but Hoenn has the best Starters ever!

Adam_stm
16th July 2006, 2:42 AM
I like them noth. They are both unique.

Volteon
16th July 2006, 4:25 AM
Hoenn! The last generation is always my favorite.

It´s strange, Jolteon is my favorite Pokémon and it belongs to the region I hate the most!

Pure
16th July 2006, 4:33 AM
Kanto. I did like it because I played it first, but I played Emerald and I tried to like Hoenn, but I couldn't. Most of the pokemon are very boring, to me, and the entire region took forever to get through. There was a long stretch in Hoenn (I think in the water) that bored me out of my mind.

Plus, Kanto pokemon are the best.

Staryu
16th July 2006, 4:35 AM
I like both. But they each offer something different..Kanto has Staryu..Hoenn has Tate & Liza..

Rainy_Day
16th July 2006, 4:41 AM
I definitely prefer Hoenn. I loved Kanto, but it has pretty plain and generic geography. It has some nice islands (Cinnabar and Seafoam) and a cool Safari Zone, but otherwise it's just the usual trees and grass.

Hoenn is a lot more diverse. It has the rainy area with tall grass (my favorite place in the region), lots of little ponds and puddles around, an ashy area with the volcano, and a lot of coastal area. Plus, there are various trees and grass, which makes the region a lot more beautiful and fun to explore.

And while Kanto's Elite 4 get powered up, I like fighting the powered up Gym Leaders in Hoenn more (more trainers--8, and double battles!).

kitsune_boy389
16th July 2006, 4:44 AM
I like Hoenn more. The old pokemon are becoming, well... old for me. I like things that are new.

coolcobra77
16th July 2006, 4:45 AM
I'm the one who posted the "1st" neither !

I really think they both weren't so great, Johto.. .just can't beat Johto

my first game .. .and the one region I'll die loving

≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈
16th July 2006, 4:55 AM
Hoenn. Never liked Kanto, bar a few great Pokémon from it. Otherwise, it's just.....boring. Hoenn is awesome. Variety rules with an iron fist, people, places, and Pokémon.

≈*V Tsun*≈
The 8th Champion

Puffs
16th July 2006, 6:10 AM
I like them both

Hoenn has beautiful landscapes and awesome pokemon like Flygon, Deoxys, and Blaziken

Kanto has awesome music and beautiful pokemon like Charizard, Mewtwo, and Magmar

Erus Black Mage
16th July 2006, 6:31 AM
Where the hell is Johto ._. anyway I like Hoeen better.

PokeMaster Justin
16th July 2006, 6:35 AM
Hoenn is bland. Kanto while old still has some nostalgic value in it.

BasiltheDragon
16th July 2006, 9:40 AM
I like Kanto more. Though Jhoto owns both.

Darth_paul
16th July 2006, 9:44 AM
Yeah. I think Hoenn is the better one.

Charizard86
16th July 2006, 9:49 AM
I don'treally have any problem with either of them. Kanto had that cool '5 cities next door' thing, which makes it look more believable than just 'dangerous path, city, dangerous path, city,' Hoenn had more of a wild look to it &, while having just a bit too much water for my tastes, was pretty well designed. I'd have to go with Johto as my favourite though.

MagTrick
16th July 2006, 10:05 AM
i love em both

RPG Maker
16th July 2006, 10:08 AM
I love Kanto for being the first Pokemon region I was introduced to and I love Hoenn for being diverse.

Zero Nexus
16th July 2006, 10:09 AM
Hoenn is better in my opinion.

quoted for the truth!

pikachu146
16th July 2006, 11:41 AM
I prefer Hoenn.It seems bigger.

torkip
16th July 2006, 3:46 PM
Kanto, it's more classic and the Pokemon look better in my opinion.

~Flareon~
16th July 2006, 4:35 PM
I think Hoenn is better so I voted for it.

ZTcrazy
16th July 2006, 6:07 PM
Kanto all the way. Nothing beats the originality of Krabby and Seel. :p

lazyslothboy
16th July 2006, 6:48 PM
Hoenn is better than kanto. Hoenn has more places that are different, such as the desert, and the places that rain. Kanto still has some uses however, such as huge number of other pokemon, the updated elite four (excellent training after ev training is completed), and of course the Sevii Islands. I just wish the Sevii Islands could play a larger role than they ended up having:(

Kabuto
16th July 2006, 8:22 PM
Hoenn has more unique cities towns and areas to explore, but Kanto has unique gameplay elements. I think both were necessary and the 3rd gen wouldn't be the same without either region.

2Percent Miltank
16th July 2006, 9:48 PM
Honestly, I like them both. ^^; Each region has its own unique landscapes and creative towns and cities, so they are of equal greatness in my eyes.

-SI-
16th July 2006, 10:15 PM
Definetly Hoenn.

Sneasel
16th July 2006, 10:45 PM
I like Hoenn the best because the pokemon are better, and it has more things to do.

Praetor
17th July 2006, 2:20 AM
johto if it had hoenn's extras would definitely be the best region ever!!!, however as it stands, of the regions accessible in the 3rd gen alone, i'd definitely hafta go with hoenn, because its got lots of extras and changes quite a bit in scenery, kanto is the same old same old

Master Of Metal
17th July 2006, 2:26 AM
I like Kanto cuz its dungeons are more challenging than hoenn's dungeons. hoenn had short dungeons where you could get out of them without getting attacked by a wild pokemon or having a trainer battle.

Valkyrie X
17th July 2006, 3:34 AM
Hoenn is better than Kanto in pretty much every way possible, to be honest. :/

Plus, it has Latios and Latias, which automatically makes it the best region of all. ;)

;381;Ryu;380;

Reubo
17th July 2006, 3:39 AM
Hoenn to be honest. :/ Kanto was nice, but Hoenn was much more complex and it had more to do.

Shiny Penny
17th July 2006, 12:02 PM
Yea for me Hoenn has to be my favourite because it has more variety, places like the desert and Pacificlog Town have more character to them than the places in Kanto.

Aptenodytes
17th July 2006, 6:51 PM
I like them equally, but add in the fact Marowak is in Kanto, I think I'll choose that one.

Golde
18th July 2006, 12:38 AM
Hoeen has terrible places, yet kanto is boring. meh.

kyogre king
18th July 2006, 12:50 AM
HOENN because there is so much to do

kyogre king
18th July 2006, 12:52 AM
Hoeen has terrible places, yet kanto is boring. meh.
I know that you said grouden does't that count for somthing?

flightsaber
18th July 2006, 2:40 AM
I think kanto's great. Nothing beats training a fresh team in viridian forest...

Snow
18th July 2006, 2:51 AM
where's johto?It's marked the best pokemon game yet to me.

Golden Latios
18th July 2006, 3:29 AM
Hoenn, because you can watch TV, plant berries, enter Pokemon Contests, etc. I also like the Pokemon in Hoenn.

mewfanforlife
18th July 2006, 3:38 AM
Kanto as it's easier to train there, and most of my favorite Pokemon are in the original 151.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
18th July 2006, 10:56 AM
Hoenn - more interesting terrain, cooler pokemon, not completed in 3 days, THE BATTLE FRONTIER

Honestly, the frontier >>>> E4 second wave

Blizzard
18th July 2006, 11:49 AM
Kanto has the original awesomeness [Victreebel, Pikachu, among other things] but Hoenn has some cool Pokemon. In other words Hoenn >> Kanto >> Johto.

Bulk
18th July 2006, 1:03 PM
Kanto should've had the Battle Frontier (imo) but I still think Kanto is the best. Many of the Hoenn Pokemon were just clones of Kanto Pokemon with slight differences and there were far too many legendaries for my liking. Kanto was also the only place you can get Snorlax (not including Shinou) so it therefore rules over everything

Mequuh
18th July 2006, 1:09 PM
Kanto.. It's the best. It's been around longer and has a better story. Just things like Snorlax in the way and stuff that brings you back to anime as a child and stuff makes it great. It's a timeless classic region.

Liam-Kun
18th July 2006, 1:35 PM
hoenn, 'cause.. I don't know, I just like it ^^

TogeticTheRuler
19th July 2006, 2:46 AM
Somewear on 1st page,i said to not like Hoenn or Johto just cuz of the legendarys in them(seriously Hoenn had a lot)

Bonsly is pimp
19th July 2006, 3:38 AM
i liked Hoenn because of the amount of legendarys it had, it gave us alot of side missions

i liked Johto because the pokemon looked ......... exotic i guess

i liked Kanto because of the last maybe 50 pokemon

so overall i liked them about equally

Wyndigo
19th July 2006, 8:02 AM
I really like Kanto. I've found myself being able to play it over and over without getting stuck in a place because of boredom like in Hoenn. I like the starters and pokemon better, the story is good and the battles more.

Like Bulk said, FRLG should have gotten a battle Frontier as well... :/ Then it would be perfect.

That said, I don't hate Hoenn. I just wish that the gameplay and pace was more balanced and that the final half of the game wasn't entirely water-based.

Akutenshi
19th July 2006, 9:01 AM
I like Kanto more, personally.
Hoenn was just, I don't know.
Something about it I didn't really like.

dylan,watermaster
19th July 2006, 8:52 PM
I would have to say the kanto because of SEADRA!!!\

GO SEADRA!!!;117;

ArrEmmDee
19th July 2006, 9:11 PM
Kanto. Sure, Kanto was just some generic cities, but it made it feel more real, and the first time you went through the region it had a real feeling to it in some odd way. That something like this could happen, and 10 year old boys really left home to go on quests across the region, going through caves, underground paths, visiting big cities...

Hoenn somehow tried to do something like this, but overall it did itself in somewhere along the line. Might've been the music or something, who knows, but Hoenn is currently the worst of the three regions, hands down.

TogeticTheRuler
20th July 2006, 7:10 AM
i liked Hoenn because of the amount of legendarys it had, it gave us alot of side missions

i liked Johto because the pokemon looked ......... exotic i guess

i liked Kanto because of the last maybe 50 pokemon

so overall i liked them about equally
wdf u didnt even read my post which was just b4 u,it says u CANNOT like Hoenn only for the Legends since its unfair with Kant legends!;201-m;

Lickitung
20th July 2006, 7:48 AM
Kanto by far. I've played every pokemon game since I first got red back in the late 90's, and FireRed is awesome because of the nostalgia it brings. Though the whole "give tea instead of water" to the saffron guard really messed me up.

starterlover1
20th July 2006, 5:31 PM
I like hoenn better. Reasons:

Contests
Pokemon
Berries
Secret Bases
Battle Frontier
Ability Additions
Cooler Pokemon(Starters, Milotic)
More Natural, and more grass
Safari Zone Additions
Storyline
Pokenav
Ability To Beat GL's Up to FIVE times
Faster Bike
Mirage Island (Yes I have been there)
Trick House
Overall Coolness

Jiggy37
20th July 2006, 7:01 PM
Kanto.
-Better music (I do have to give props to Hoenn's Route 120, Slateport City, and Petalburg, but that's about it)
-No extremely huge and empty fields (notice how much of a fix job they had to do in Emerald, adding trainers all over the place)
-No extremely huge and empty areas of water
-The trainers get to higher levels and are much easier to rebattle
-The Elite 4 actually gets elite
-Team Rocket
-Better Pokemon overall (again, Hoenn does have its cool ones like Metagross, Salamence, and Ludicolo... but Kanto has them in greater number)

That's not to say that Hoenn doesn't have its advantages... It's just that most of the things I like better about Hoenn have less to do with Hoenn itself than that Gamefreak obviously just made an active choice not to put them in Kanto. The Mach Bike, the conveniently-located breeding place, the contests, and the berries are pretty much it. The one major advantage Hoenn has is the Battle Frontier, but even then, that wasn't there originally and I'm not sure it's fair to compare Emerald to FR/LG when they never got their own third version.

Mudkip3
20th July 2006, 7:14 PM
I like Hoenn because of its starters (Mudkip!), its towns, colorfulness, two evil teams, and newness.

Masumi
20th July 2006, 8:09 PM
Hoenn, for it's interesting plot, wonderful gymleaders and villans, and of course amazing Legendaries.

Galatica Phantom
20th July 2006, 10:00 PM
Kanto. I played Ruby and the game just seemed boring and difficult. For some Reason, I felt that Hoenn copied alot off Kanto, in terms of Poke'mon Likeness. I couldn't even finish the game, so I gave it to my friend and brought FireRed. Been in love ever since.

killerjaw01
20th July 2006, 10:22 PM
I prefer Hoenn. It is much easier to hatch eggs there, the terrain is more interesting, and it rains.

Triforce007
20th July 2006, 10:24 PM
Kanto, it the original man yeah!!! Also Squirtle is there and so are the Sevii isalnds. Better Gym Leaders too.

mew_psychic_gatto
21st July 2006, 2:56 AM
I like Kanto better because it brings back feelings of nostalgia.

Aquarelle
21st July 2006, 6:32 AM
Hoenn's better, IMO. I do like Kanto, but it's just so small compared to Hoenn. The Hoenn region has all the things Kanto has such as the Safari Zone, plus more like contets and the battle frontier, so it's basically a bigger, more detailed version of Kanto. Hoenn is also home to some of my most favourite pokemon and pokemon characters of all time, it's easier to hatch eggs there, you can have secret bases and grow berries, and it even rains and has lightening! (Can't remember how to spell it)
Kanto only has things that every game has, such as towns and gyms, so it's not as original and creative anymore. I didn't reall like some of the gym leaders and elite four members, either. But I do like the Elite Four 'second wave' thing in FR/LG, I wish they did that for emerald.

Phantom Raichu
24th August 2006, 4:10 PM
Neither Johto rocked!

Jaster
24th August 2006, 6:02 PM
I like kanto the most, the reason is that it has more places to go you can buy fire stones, water stones,etc, and the islands.

TeamPez2
24th August 2006, 10:49 PM
Kanto imo. Hoenn's Safari zone was extremly easy to catch pokemon not really a challenge. Kanto's Elite 4 is also much more challenging imo.

killerkyogre14
24th August 2006, 10:53 PM
Hoenn might have the better pokemon but Kanto is still the classic for me

"O"
24th August 2006, 11:32 PM
Kanto is borring. Oh, and Hoenn is much prettier.

thunderblade12
24th August 2006, 11:47 PM
kanto, because it was more challanging. way more trainers to battle against then ruby/saphire. the gym leaders were tougher to, the kanto and johto leaders actually had some stratagy and there gym special attack was strong. the best we get from the hoeen gyms are calm mind and water pulse

Midnight Lucario
24th August 2006, 11:48 PM
hoenn rocks!!!!!

Johto Trainer
24th August 2006, 11:56 PM
IMO Hoenn is better because you can actually go underwater and explore a ship,battle frontier but I like the Kanto music more.

~Bent~
25th August 2006, 1:30 AM
Hoenn has far more to occupy your time than Kanto/Sevii.

In Hoenn, you can:
- Rearrange your room
- Rearrange your Secret Base
- Mix Records and fight friends at their Secret Base
- Plant and grow berries
- Try out Contests
- Mix Pokeblocks

In Kanto, you can crush berries. If you have multiplayer.

Shiny Ho-Oh
25th August 2006, 1:32 AM
i dont know, ilike them both but i think kanto is more challenging

-Raiga-
25th August 2006, 2:17 AM
This poll is really unfair because even though the kanto games were revamped the only thing revamped was abilities and moves and crappy islands. Plus Johto isn't in there for some stupid reason. So basically were still comparing a game 8 years from the first.

Anyways,

Kanto-Had the simple pokemon that everyone loved, plus the adventure was beleivable because they didn't force you to run into the enemies like R/S. Plus this safari zone beats R/S's ten times over.

Johto-The best cities in my opinion, and some of the most diverse pokemon(example,smeargle), and the starter had something for everyone. Todadile(for people for like power), chikorita(mainly for girls), and cyndaquil(for everyone else). Basically it took the best from kanto and Hoenn(considering it wasn't even made) and put it into one game.

Hoenn-Orignality is what this game is about, the match call, battle fronteir, scott himself, story, plus the variety of areas, whats not good about this game is in the other two.

Personlly it would only be fair to judge if FR/LG had weather, time, battle frontier, berries, contests, and seceret bases, but if I had to choose between the two Kanto.

edit: But out of all three Johto hands down.

Milotic_Master
25th August 2006, 2:26 AM
I like hoenn, because there is more to do.

Momoko Lover
25th August 2006, 2:45 AM
I was going to say Kanto, but after reading the posts I thought Hoenn is alot better, there's more stuff to do and my favorite thing to do in Hoenn is the contests so, I say Hoenn now.

folgore
25th August 2006, 4:20 AM
Hoenn. Because its different.

Dark_Danger
25th August 2006, 3:13 PM
Hoenn. Most people like Kanto, either because of nostalgia or because people think Hoenn is a rip-off of Kanto, be it the Pokemon, the locations, or anything else.

I look at Kanto's Pokemon, and most of them are generic and boring (Charizard, anyone?). Some of Hoenn's Pokemon, such as Nosepass, don't look like anything, and that's what makes them creative. And don't go on ranting about how Hoenn's Pokemon are clones of Kanto Pokemon! IMO, the word "clone" is used so much in Pokemon, people don't even know what it means anymore. I've heard some absurd stuff, such as Lairon and Aggron being rip-offs of Rhyhorn and Rhydon just because their bodies are similar.

Plus, Hoenn has most of my favorite Pokemon, such as the Latis, Flygon, and Swampert.

the reason they look dif, is because kanto as made before hoenn, therefore, some of the hoenn pokemon migh tlook more creative,

Lucariofan-atic
17th February 2009, 10:59 AM
I like Hoenn better. Kanto is kinda boring.
Hoenn has more places than Kanto, either and the pokemon level is higher than Kanto.