PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL 3rd Generation Shiny Discussion

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
16th July 2006, 12:03 AM
One of the biggest problems of the other Shiny discussion was that you could only post shinies from THAT set of games.

Well now we can post ALL shinies!

RULES:
Same as others including:
No spamming
Stick to the topic
No "2 more eggs hatched" or "7 more resets"
You CAN post shinies you HAVE had.

well let's get started!

Moeteimasu Umi
16th July 2006, 12:06 AM
I have a shiny Spinarak,3 Sneasles,Snorlax,Mr.mime, and a mantine and I used to have a shiny Whishmor and Regiice

edit:First Post!

bLASTOIse_MAsTer
16th July 2006, 12:18 AM
I have 32. Check sig.

Golden_Latias
16th July 2006, 12:23 AM
^ So did you get three shiny Bulbasaurs, three shiny Mudkips, etc. or are you counting the evolutionary stages as one seperate shiny? 'Cause we don't do that here. Or else, I'd have over 22 shinies :p.

I don't have much. Only 11 shinies. They are:

Kyogre
Armaldo
Steelix
Nidoqueen
Mawile
Victreebel
Swampert
Gyarados
Vaporeon
Parasect
Porygon2

And, as you all know, I'm after a shiny Lileep.

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
16th July 2006, 12:43 AM
Well I only have 4.
2 of them were in gold.

Parasect
Golem(Geodude,Graveler)

Be thankful, O.K?

Aptenodytes
16th July 2006, 1:09 AM
I have a shiny Marowak. The rest I don't care about :).

Arena Tycoon Slaking
16th July 2006, 1:12 AM
I have a Shiny Crobat and thats it but im happy to have a shiny at least

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
16th July 2006, 1:47 AM
Man, (I really want a shiny Crobat....)

Arena Tycoon Slaking
16th July 2006, 1:51 AM
I'm really having a dry season, it was three years ago when i caught the Shiny Zubat

summnor1201
16th July 2006, 2:17 AM
Ive got a shiny Crobat caught as a zubat

Random Absol Guy
16th July 2006, 2:19 AM
Shiny Nidoran (M) and shiny Grimer. Also KO'ed a shiny Tentacool with a crit :(.

Current Goal: SR'ing for Shiny Rayquaza.

Spriteman
16th July 2006, 2:21 AM
Well, so far, I've had a shiny Vileplume (from my friend) and a shiny Tentacool, all on my Fire Red, then, being the dumb *** I am (and not knowing how rare shinies were...) rested my game, I still hurt myself for doing it...

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
16th July 2006, 4:52 AM
Quite Unlucky.

Goin for Shiny Abra via Gamecorner.

Wish me luck!

Trainer Rachel
16th July 2006, 7:12 AM
Well, I ran across a shiny Magnemite in the power plant (and caught it! ^^) What I really want is a shiny Pikachu! I've hatched like, honestly hundreds of eggs but to no avail....

.Person.
16th July 2006, 7:17 AM
I've caught about 20 (Dust discovered), hatched 3, traided 11 and had 3 shiny starters. Kept restarting the game w\out knowing. I feel so retarded!
<:[

The only shiny pokemon I want->Metagross

Dragonking
16th July 2006, 7:33 AM
Well finally, six shinies and I can post all my R/S/E/FR/LG/Col shinies someday.

Darth_paul
16th July 2006, 8:24 AM
I have a shiny slowbro and I used to have a shiny nincada and a shiny ghastly.

BasiltheDragon
16th July 2006, 8:30 AM
I have a shiny Wurmple. I hatched about 709 Eggs for it.

Now going for a Dratini.

zeppelin
16th July 2006, 8:33 AM
im searching for my shiney Shuppet,no luck though.
i cant rremeber all of em but i have a shiney wynaut.

Pottsie
16th July 2006, 9:11 AM
I've never seen any Shiny Pokémon on any of the Games.

!Mats!
16th July 2006, 12:46 PM
Not even the red Gyarados?

Winter02
16th July 2006, 2:08 PM
I have six shinies. They are: Dusclops, Oddish, Poochyena, Pidgeotto & 2 Tentacool.

ShinyFufu
16th July 2006, 2:13 PM
Yeah, this is great. Talk about any shiny for any 3rd Gen game...

I have I have 6 shinies if counting evolutionary steps. But we don't do that, so I'll only count 3

Pelipper, Charizard, and Alumineon(if you read a certain fan-fic, you'll get it)

Pottsie
16th July 2006, 3:13 PM
Not even the red Gyarados?

Oh yeah, but other than that, I've never seen any Shiny Pokémon. I suppose they are difficult to find?

Shadow_Latios
16th July 2006, 7:47 PM
I don't have any shinies anymore but I really want a shiyn absol, absol is the only one of my favourite pokemon that has a decent shiny that I can get one of :)

Golden_Latias
16th July 2006, 8:24 PM
I don't have any shinies anymore but I really want a shiyn absol, absol is the only one of my favourite pokemon that has a decent shiny that I can get one of :)
Anymore? What did you have? And what happened?

-SI-
16th July 2006, 9:18 PM
I got a Shiny Poochyena the other day ^^

Dark_Force
16th July 2006, 10:25 PM
Four Shinies: Raikou (Leaf Green), Milotic (Sapphire), Blaziken (Ruby) and Metagross (Emerald). All used on my team, all have good ivs but crappy natures. Go figure.

~DF~

matrix_Logic
17th July 2006, 12:45 AM
In the third generation:
FireRed/LeafGreen
Kanto:
Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Beedrill, Porygon, Mr.Mime, Mr.Mime, Gengar, Gengar, Gengar, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Flareon, Ditto, Articuno, Shellder, Cloyster, Chansey, Dragonite, Raichu, Vileplume, Gyrados,Electrode,Tantacruel, Marowak, Kingler, Clefable, Koffing, Slowbro,Hitmonlee,Pidgeot,Jigglypuff, and Nidoking.
Johto:
Entei, and Wooper.
Hoenn:
NONE.
----
Ruby: Ralts,and Beldum.
Sapphire: Steelix, and Altaria
Yup. Thirty-Seven Shinies. Excluding the metallic generation.

Wyndigo
17th July 2006, 2:44 AM
I have a quirky Absol. Only level 70. He's pretty good considering I screwed up his EVs.

I also have an impish Aggron, who is level 100 and kicks butt.

Both caught in the wild, sometime last year.

price
17th July 2006, 3:51 AM
I used to have two shiny tentcools and about ten mintens ago I saw a shiny linoone and ran away from it.

xero37
17th July 2006, 4:35 AM
Well, I have five shinies, just check out my sig:

Rhydon
Cyndaquil
Quilava
Typhlosion
Spinda

Yes I have all three of the Cyndaquli line. I accidently ran from a shiny Fearow. I didn't notice it was shiny until I ran away. I am also getting a shiny Gloom from my brother, which I will probably evolve into a Bellosom. I am currently hatching eggs for shiny Absol.

miken park
17th July 2006, 5:34 AM
Shiny Bellosm PWNs me.
I finally got Toto. -_-
Took long enough.

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
17th July 2006, 9:54 AM
Good on ya!

After shiny magikarp/abra wish me luck!

~Shining-Metagross~
17th July 2006, 4:56 PM
Ok, Here we go, these are my shinys:
Magnetric
Caught on: Ruby
Current level: 79

Pelileper:
Caught on: Ruby(Traded)
Current Level: 29

Tangela:
Caught On: Fire Red(Traded)
Current Level: 51

Metagross:
Caught On: Emerald
Caught By: Soft Restart(5 Restarts)
Current Level: 49

water types rule
17th July 2006, 5:43 PM
I only got 1, it's in my sig. Although I'm hoping to get a shiny Registeel eventually.

DarkSpectrum
17th July 2006, 5:57 PM
I have a quirky Absol. Only level 70. He's pretty good considering I screwed up his EVs.

I also have an impish Aggron, who is level 100 and kicks butt.

Both caught in the wild, sometime last year.
If you have emerald you can always use the stat reducing beries so long as you don't get to level 100. and considering there may be some changes to the stat/move relations then you may wanna wait til diamond/pearl come out if you intend to upload em.
I will prolly have to do the same with my shiny vileplume

Poke`King
17th July 2006, 6:04 PM
Well, now i have a shiny metagross and a shiny golduck, but since this is a discussion on shiny pokemon, I have a question, how do you get the shiny starters for ruby and sapphire?

DarkSpectrum
17th July 2006, 6:16 PM
Well, now i have a shiny metagross and a shiny golduck, but since this is a discussion on shiny pokemon, I have a question, how do you get the shiny starters for ruby and sapphire?
save/soft-reset in front of the professors bag or breed for them

Sike Saner
17th July 2006, 10:51 PM
My 3rd-gen shinies are as follows:

From Ruby: A Groudon. I just about had a heart attack when that thing decided to show up shiny, and I think they heard my reaction to its appearance in neighboring counties: "THAT THING IS GOLD!!!"
From Sapphire: Spinda; Crobat, caught as a Zubat; and Walrein, caught as a Spheal. Sapphire has given me more shinies than any other game.
From Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Emerald: Nothing yet... =(

Golde
17th July 2006, 11:49 PM
umm, 1. Heh, Regice.

Golden Latios
18th July 2006, 2:38 AM
I have a Shiny Milotic, Bellossom and Mightyena in my Emerald, and I have a Shiny Electrode in my Ruby. I had a Shiny Unown in my FireRed, but my batteries died out.

WaterDragon trainer
18th July 2006, 4:31 AM
I was about to get a shiny Sableye from my cousin, but he decided to annoy me by starting a new game so I never got that shiny Sableye. I still never forgave him for that.

2Percent Miltank
18th July 2006, 4:35 AM
I had a shiny Butterfree in LeafGreen, though it 'tis long gone now ever since my little brother stole the game and restarted it. <____< I'm hunting around in my Emerald Version for any shiny Pokemon, really. XD A shiny's a shiny, no need to be picky. :x

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
18th July 2006, 6:20 AM
I have a Shiny Milotic, Bellossom and Mightyena in my Emerald, and I have a Shiny Electrode in my Ruby. I had a Shiny Unown in my FireRed, but my batteries died out.

Yes I know all about your Feebas -_-.

Sapphire Phoenix
18th July 2006, 3:32 PM
I have a shiny Zizagoon x2. 1 from hunting Latias, the other from the PC in New York, and a Shiny Linoone that use to be a zigzagoon that was aslso from the PC.

Ridi
18th July 2006, 8:12 PM
I have a Crobat, a Dugtrio and a Linoone, all of them were caught on different games. I've met two shinies in the Battle Frontier; a Swablu and a Granbull that are going to plague my mind forever. D:

Poke`King
18th July 2006, 8:49 PM
save/soft-reset in front of the professors bag or breed for them

Thank you because sometimes I wonder if I'm doing it right for some reason.

Wyndigo
19th July 2006, 6:49 AM
If you have emerald you can always use the stat reducing beries so long as you don't get to level 100. and considering there may be some changes to the stat/move relations then you may wanna wait til diamond/pearl come out if you intend to upload em.
I will prolly have to do the same with my shiny vileplume

That is true. But he's currently on my LG because I restarted my Emerald. :) So I can't do that for a bit. But thanks for the tip.

Shiny Vileplum is awesome, by the way. I want one.

Malocide
19th July 2006, 8:59 AM
Someon gave me a shiny pikachu and I evoled it other then than that my friends both just got them and they play less than me Gah...

Arena Tycoon Slaking
19th July 2006, 9:21 AM
I have a Crobat, a Dugtrio and a Linoone, all of them were caught on different games. I've met two shinies in the Battle Frontier; a Swablu and a Granbull that are going to plague my mind forever. D:
I've seen a Shiny Nidoking And Meowth In The Frontier :(

berty106
19th July 2006, 10:19 AM
i have one shiney wurmple on saphire ^_^. i found it very near the begining!
didnt realise it was shiney, just caught it for my pokedex xD
im hatching for shiney charmander on LG now.

dylan,watermaster
19th July 2006, 4:28 PM
^ So did you get three shiny Bulbasaurs, three shiny Mudkips, etc. or are you counting the evolutionary stages as one seperate shiny? 'Cause we don't do that here. Or else, I'd have over 22 shinies :p.

I don't have much. Only 11 shinies. They are:

Kyogre
Armaldo
Steelix
Nidoqueen
Mawile
Victreebel
Swampert
Gyarados
Vaporeon
Parasect
Porygon2

And, as you all know, I'm after a shiny Lileep.
I dont have any!!!! GO SEADRA!!!!;117;

matrix_Logic
19th July 2006, 4:33 PM
Tommorow, I will continue shiny hunting. I will hatch eggs for a shiny Charmander and a shiny Abra. Then I might go after a Geodude. After that, I will go after Hoenn and Johto Pokemon.

Zera
20th July 2006, 3:18 AM
my only shiny is charizard. i had many, invlueding a complete eeveelution set without the eevee though, >_> however, they were lost to me, by the tragic reseting of my emerald gmae.. :|

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
20th July 2006, 5:12 AM
I remember zera....

Though you finally got a black charizard!

Dragonking
20th July 2006, 7:11 AM
Though he lost a few before. Beldum SRing still. No new surprizes

Mitja
20th July 2006, 1:48 PM
saphire: numel
ruby: whismur
emerald: wingull, poochyena

still hatchin eggs for a shiny ralts
atm have 500 v__v
;280;

matrix_Logic
20th July 2006, 4:10 PM
Alright, I've started hatching/sring for an Abra, I will only do it occasionally, until I get my camera attachment...Then I will try to get it a lot. After the abra I will go after a shiny charmander and I won't evolve it. (Already have a shiny charizard)

mewfanforlife
20th July 2006, 11:46 PM
My shinies, Whismer found while playing my first third gen game, Ruby, for the first time, and after less than an hour of play time.
Seaking found more than two years later in the Safari Zone, luckily I caught it.

Trace360
21st July 2006, 12:28 AM
I have two shinies Paras from Mt.Moon and Abra from the game corner in Leafgreen.

YamiShenya
21st July 2006, 12:46 AM
I only have two, a pretty Lunatone from my Sapphire and a Pidgey from my LeafGreen. The Pidgey has a near-perfect IV in attack, though, so it'll get trained as soon as I can be bothered to.

Golden_Latias
21st July 2006, 12:59 AM
I have two shinies Paras from Mt.Moon and Abra from the game corner in Leafgreen.
>.> There goes my uniqueness. . . well, once you evolve that Paras and I meet someone on these Forums who has a shiny Victreebel, then I'll lose my uniqueness.

Arena Tycoon Slaking
21st July 2006, 7:30 AM
>.> There goes my uniqueness. . . well, once you evolve that Paras and I meet someone on these Forums who has a shiny Victreebel, then I'll lose my uniqueness.
Chaosemerald has a Shiny paras also

The Swam
21st July 2006, 3:44 PM
Hi, I'm new here. I have a Shiny Camerupt in Emerald. I remember coming across it while walking in fiery path for the first time and thinking, a blue numel. Don't see those every day. So I caught it and named it bluey. I didn't realize it was a shiny until a couple days ago.

Jirachi777
21st July 2006, 4:12 PM
I have a shiny Linoone (first Pkmn I caught in the 3rd gen. Sweet start, huh?) and a Machop

kjb dragon
21st July 2006, 7:17 PM
i have a shiny slugma,nut don't ever plan on evolving it because it goes from being silver to purple.

starterlover1
22nd July 2006, 12:01 AM
The only two shinies I've ever had are the ones in my signature. *Cries* "I WANT MORE SHINIES!" Oh, and I have a GSC shiny Gyarados.;350;

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
22nd July 2006, 12:56 AM
Hatching for Feebas still.

189 eggs hatched.

spacefissure
22nd July 2006, 1:54 AM
Take a look at my sig for more information.

matrix_Logic
22nd July 2006, 3:11 AM
I am still Hatching/SRing for a shiny Abra.
Afterwards, I will go after a shiny Charmander.
AFTER THAT... I will go for a Hoenn or Johto Pokemon, I will try to stop going after Kanto Pokemon...Need some self-restraint...

pistonsfan99
22nd July 2006, 3:16 AM
i am proud to report that after 3 weeks of searching i finally got lucky and found a shiny suicune, good thing i saved my masterball

the bad news is i traded it to my friend for a lv. 100 alakazam with some amazing stats

it took a few hours and a bunch of pokemoney to finally save while i was on the route it was on, then the search began

woo hoo! =]

hawaiian ale
22nd July 2006, 4:11 AM
weezing and sharpedo are my shines

Golden_Latias
22nd July 2006, 4:14 AM
i am proud to report that after 3 weeks of searching i finally got lucky and found a shiny suicune, good thing i saved my masterball

the bad news is i traded it to my friend for a lv. 100 alakazam with some amazing stats

it took a few hours and a bunch of pokemoney to finally save while i was on the route it was on, then the search began

woo hoo! =]
Lucky! But, wait. Did you SR for it near the grass? Or keep restarting your game over and over again?

jwla
22nd July 2006, 7:47 AM
My shinies are a Hariyama, and a Huntail. I caught the shiny Clamperl, and it was male, so I decided to evolve it. I really want a shiny Roselia. Black and purple roses...eeee!

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
23rd July 2006, 1:50 AM
nice job. still no shiny feebas

Misdreavus
23rd July 2006, 4:21 AM
Last night, I was resetting for a Modest Mewtwo with good stats when I came across a shiny one! I tossed a Master Ball and he's mine.

~Bent~
23rd July 2006, 5:53 AM
One in Sapphire. A Loudred in Victory Road.

Two in FireRed. A Persian in Sevault Canyon (which I defeated), and a Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone (after which I soft-resetted my game).

I'm keeping my Exploud as trade fodder for D/P...

Dragonking
24th July 2006, 6:43 AM
My Lg game isn't cursed. I got a shiny unown F. woohoo

ShinyFufu
24th July 2006, 11:05 AM
SRing for a shiny Treecko... once I get it... I'll SR for Rayquaza. THen either egg hatch/wild hunt for a shiny Ralts or SR for a shiny Totodile. I think I'll just SR for Chiko and Cynda on XD.

Spriteman
24th July 2006, 11:31 AM
Only had two... My mate traded my a shiny vileplume, and I found a shiny Tentacool... I restarted my game, and I've been punching myself ever since...

Dragonking
24th July 2006, 4:29 PM
I just got another shiny. A Magnemite. My first Anime shiny. I'll evolve him soon.

Manly Blissey
24th July 2006, 6:45 PM
What is SRing?

Manly Blissey
24th July 2006, 6:51 PM
Hatching for Feebas still.

189 eggs hatched.

How do you get the time?
Any tips on atching eggs?

ShinyFufu
24th July 2006, 6:56 PM
When egg hatching, I personally would go thru the grass a little bit in hopes of finding a wild shiny as well as getting a shiny from an egg. Just make sure you move around a lot. And in Emerald, make sure you have a pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party; it makes the eggs hatch faster.

And u shouldn't double-post, there is an edit button if there is something you want to add but no one else has posted yet(sorry for mini-modding)

price
25th July 2006, 3:44 AM
today I got a shiny whismur while ev training in rustbro(sp) tunnle.

Manly Blissey
25th July 2006, 4:27 PM
When egg hatching, I personally would go thru the grass a little bit in hopes of finding a wild shiny as well as getting a shiny from an egg. Just make sure you move around a lot. And in Emerald, make sure you have a pokemon with the ability Flame Body or Magma Armor in your party; it makes the eggs hatch faster.

And u shouldn't double-post, there is an edit button if there is something you want to add but no one else has posted yet(sorry for mini-modding)

Thank you!

Swellow_91
25th July 2006, 5:45 PM
I have 3 shiny pokemon. A Zubat , a Makuhita and an Hariyama. I caught the Zubat in Meteor Falls and while I was training in Victory Road I encountered the Makuhita and Hariyama in less than an hour.

These are my only shinies I've ever seen :(

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
26th July 2006, 8:13 AM
Nice!

No feebas :( I don't think they like me!

capnchronic
26th July 2006, 3:55 PM
almost all my legendaries are shinies:

latias
latios (both SO DAMN HARD TO GET.)
rayquaza
kyogre
mewtwo
and i think mew... idk

MYSTERIOUS MISSINGNO
27th July 2006, 4:51 AM
eh, I don't like cheaters.

No feebas

Aquarelle
27th July 2006, 4:59 AM
I've had a few shinies in this generation:

~Dustox, caught as a shiny Wurmple
~Lunatone, I robbed it off my sister's sapphire
~Whismur, I caught it about two weeks ago while trying to pick up tm 26
~Raticate, I caught it on fire red, but my sister 'borrowed' my game last week, traded it onto her FR, and now, she's lost her fire red cartridge! Great... Well, I guess that's my punishment for stealing a shiny from her. What goes around comes around...

Cain
27th July 2006, 7:08 AM
Well, seeing as I've never posted in this thread, might as well :P
I have a Shiny Linoone caught on Route 118 and a Shiny Hypno caught in the Berry Forest. Linoone is at Level 60 and Hypno is at Level 40.

Ben Kenobi
27th July 2006, 3:17 PM
I don't really hunt shinies as I usually just find them when I'm training. So far I've found a Duskull in Mt. Pyre on Ruby and Golbat in Victory Road on Emerald.

4 8 15 16 23 42
27th July 2006, 3:19 PM
I've seen a shiny Zubat in Granite Cave, I fainted it
I caught a shiny Aron in Granite Cave (coincidence?) I restarted, so I don't have it any more.
The only other shiny I've ever had is Gyarados from G/S/C

I'm hoping to get a shiny Growlithe, Meditite, another Gyarados and another Aron.

Edit: Oh yes and that Espeon in Trainer Tower that's ALWAYS shiny.

Shiny Metagross
27th July 2006, 5:04 PM
I got a shiny Metagross! Metagross is my only shiny in the 3rd gen. I'm trying to get a shiny ralts

matrix_Logic
27th July 2006, 5:25 PM
I am still looking for a shiny abra. I am now on the semi search for a shiny Paras while I train my new Firered team in Mt.Moon.

Theneedleman
27th July 2006, 7:16 PM
i have a shiny Arcanine. Took time to get it.

Snow
27th July 2006, 7:25 PM
these are my shiny
a spinerack a mantric lv 100 a crobat a dewgong.those are mine.I am currently looking for a shiny charmander eggs hatched 120 grrr when well i find him.

Th' Duck
27th July 2006, 10:01 PM
All the shinies I've had experience with, in order:

Girafaraig - Sapphire - Found in Safari Zone. Got near twice, threw a Safari Ball. Shake 1, 2, 3... It breaks out. Then, it runs away. I think I threw my GBA at the wall there >_>

Unown V - Leaf Green - I'm trying to catch all the Unowns, and BAM, a shiny Unown V. After my shock wears off I throw an Ultra Ball, and it's mine. I named it V-Man. I was in tears of joy :P

Sharpedo - Ruby (friend's) - He caught it with a Super Rod off Pacifidlog. Later, he restarts his game without trading it over. He didn't really know the value of shinies.

Pikachu - Fire Red (same friend's) - He caught it in the power plant. he won't give it to me, he knows how rare it is now after I yelled at him for erasing the Sharpedo >_>

Abraace
27th July 2006, 11:33 PM
I finally found(and caught) my first shiny Pokemon on Emerald, whilst on my holidays. It's a shiny Whismur with the Adamant nature. I've heard that's a decent nature for an Exploud, so here's hoping I can raise it well.

I've encountered: Shiny Nidoran male in Silver, which was too weak for any of my Pokemon to weaken and not OHKO(all mine were at least level 90 at this point)

Shiny Jolteon in Emerald, which appeared in the Battle Pyaramid. As items are not permitted, I could not catch it. I was annoyed.

matrix_Logic
28th July 2006, 12:51 AM
^ I'm totally addicted to Ace of Abra.

Anyways, I did not find a shiny paras in mount moon while I was training, probably because I was there for an hour. I searched for a shiny abra, a couple of encounters, eggs, and SR's, no luck yet. I also started looking for a shiny Charmander. I hatched a couple of eggs, no luck. I may restart one of my Leafgreens to start SRing for it, Well, back to shiny hunting...

Havoc Houndoom
28th July 2006, 5:53 AM
I have two shinies to my name.

One is a Rhyhorn that I captured in the Sapphire Safari Zone. (Was lucky it didn't get away.) Not sure that I want a pink Rhydon, but... meh.

The other is a Nidoran(M) that I captured in the FireRed Safari Zone. (Double the luck!) I WILL make it into a blue Nidoking eventually.

Odd that both shinies were in different Safari Zones - and I got 'em both. They're in Safari Balls to prove it. :)

Kimori
29th July 2006, 4:35 AM
I restarted my Emerald, and I'm trying to get a shiny Torchic as my starter.

I have a question about shiny starter Pokemon.. You know how before you choose your starter they show you picture of it? Well, if it's a shiny, will the picture of it be shiny, or do you stll need to send it into battle to find out? o.o *feels stupid*

Shiny Penny
29th July 2006, 6:32 AM
I just traded my shiny Crobat for my friends shiny Golem. I think its a wierd thing to do seeing as though both of them are amongst the most common shinies but overall I feel as though it was a good decision for me as i hadnt even looked at my shiny crobat for months and it was basically rotting in my PC. Now i have a new shiny tthat i can use and i havnt really lost anything major.

Sceptile of Stealth
30th July 2006, 12:34 AM
I just traded my Shiny Medicham to my Leaf Green from Sapphire. I found and caught a Shiny Nidoran Female in the Safari Zone, and I'm so lucky to have caught it too! It's now a Nidoqueen that will go under training after my Shiny Meganium. ^^

I'm just going for that Shiny Sceptile now. >.>;;

psyblazer_ex
30th July 2006, 9:41 AM
I just hatched a shiny Omayte on my sapphire :o so excited and last week i hatched a shiny Ponyta*doesnt have FR/LG so borrows and breeds friends Pokemon*I'm unbeleivably lucky *wishes the above was true althoguh has a Ponyta a Omanyte and a Smoochum all in eggs*

I. Diddley
30th July 2006, 10:56 PM
I restarted my Emerald, and I'm trying to get a shiny Torchic as my starter.

I have a question about shiny starter Pokemon.. You know how before you choose your starter they show you picture of it? Well, if it's a shiny, will the picture of it be shiny, or do you stll need to send it into battle to find out? o.o *feels stupid*

no it will not, i was soft reseting for a shiny treeko, and the pic was normal but it came ebing shinny! so again, no.

MetalMario
31st July 2006, 1:33 AM
Mmm, it's a new Shiny Thread, and with each new thread comes an introduction. I'm the proud owner of fourteen shinies. They are:

Linoone: (Omega) Met on Route 121 as Linoone. Way back when I was still in high school, I was sick with strep. I decided to pop in my Sapphire for a little bit and this was the first (and only) thing I ran into.
Jumpluff: (Fluffy) Met at the Memorial Pillar as Hoppip. I was training a Quagsire while waiting for laundry to finish.
Exploud: (Fiona) Met in the Rusturf Tunnel as Whismur. I was effort training a Numel (Kamloops) in there when it came along.
Porygon2: (Shinnix) Met at the Celadon Game Corner as Porygon. Soft resetting over the course of a few months during spare time. Little-known fact: I was going to name him, "Blunix", but forgot amidst the excitement. Then the name just stuck.
Hoppip: (HipHoppip) Met at the Memorial Pillar as Hoppip. Effort training a Flareon this time.
Dragonite: (Olga) Met at the Celadon Game Corner as Dratini. Had it been a male, I'd have named him "Orff", for the composer, and it suits Dragonite's awkward appearance.
Ludicolo: (Dora) (the explorer) Met on Route 114 as Lotad. Found maybe half a year into my quest for Shiny Seviper. It began June 2005 and lasted for 9 months. I never found the bugger.
Ariados: (Apophis) Met in the Pattern Bush as Spinarak. I fell in love with the looks of various shiny bugs (notably Beedrill and Ariados) found in the Pattern Bush, so I moved all my Pokédex and level training there. First shiny found on a bus.
Camerupt: (Nanaimo) Met on Route 112 as Numel. Pseudo effort training a Gardevoir in preparation for the 13374 on Emerald. (That Gardy kicked their as*ses BTW.) It just randomly came along. It was Bold due to Gardy's Synchronize. I think there's a correlation. (game-specific, of course)
Altaria: (Shuko) Met on Route 114 as Swablu. The result of resuming the Seviper Hunt. Pokérus and two shinies would have been a more rewarding haul had I actually gotten what I came for. The name comes from the first hunter (and a vet) at the SHC to have a shiny Altaria. I was also considering Mayhood, the name of a member here at SPPF (who's long since left, I believe) whose name was previously, "Shiny Swablu," the Coveted Gold Swablu.
Pidgeot: Met in the Berry Forest as Pidgeotto. I'd moved my Pokédex and level training (so-called "passive looking" >.>) to the Berry Forest in the hopes of encountering a shiny Drowzee/Exeggcute.
Butterfree: (Petal) Met in Viridian Forest as Metapod. Leveling up a Slakoth for Pokédex purposes, I believe. I was hoping for a Weedle/Kakuna, but this will do.
Fearow: Met on Route 11 as Spearow. Moved my training here in hopes of a shiny Drowzee without the risk of a repeat Pidgey family member. It was technically the same day I found Metapod when I found this. D: (Metapod was after midnight, this was the morning after.)
Politoed: Met on Four Island as Poliwag. First shiny found fishing. Trainer Iruka got me liking shiny Seaking. Checking its routes, I found that Poliwag (whose shiny I like more) was found wherever Goldeen was, so I settled with Four Island, where there's a high Poliwag rate and a low Goldeen/Magikarp rate. Two days later, the sky blue Poliwag appeared on my line.

Whew! I think that's everything and in order. (I'll edit if there are any mistakes.) So yeah. I have a lot of shinies. I'm currently looking for shiny Treecko by saving in front of Birch's bag. I've been at it for two months and found ~11477 Treeckos. I haven't found anything, not even a (n uncatchable) shiny Zigzagoon, which is disturbing and demoralizing.

killerjaw01
31st July 2006, 3:38 PM
Is this the place to discuss the shiny glitch? If it is, what is it?!
I've searched for it and could not find it. I've heard talk about it, and I've asked, but no one is telling me.
Anyway, I have Rhyhorn and Sharpedo. Found Sharpedo as Carvanha while Feebas hunting on Ruby, and found Rhyhorn on LG in the Safari zone while Tauros hunting.

NintendoRox42
31st July 2006, 5:56 PM
I don't have a shiny..

None of my friends do either. It's like we're cursed.

Metagross
31st July 2006, 7:28 PM
Shiny's are all about luck and effort,you can go through millions and no see one,on the other hand side you could encounter one in the wild at your first attempt

drone_8@hotmail.com
2nd August 2006, 3:14 AM
the odds of seeing a shiny pokemon is 1 in 8192. i have eight shinys