PDA

View Full Version : Will you still play?

darkpkmn fan1
16th July 2006, 10:04 PM
The third gen games are brill no doubt. But the question is, will you still play if you get D/P? Tough question eh.

Golden_Latias
16th July 2006, 10:05 PM
Yeah, I will. Just not as much.

battlefrontiertrainer
16th July 2006, 10:06 PM
yeah I'll still play them not just when I'm trading my good pokes to D/P

dragonmaster_jonathan
16th July 2006, 10:07 PM
not that tough for me. Im going to still play and pay attention to my main team on firered, but Im also going to have a main team on Diamond as well. I might move alot of stuff to Diamond from Firered though.

FireHead Hank
16th July 2006, 10:11 PM
I guess I'm going to trade all my ev trained and "special" Pokemon to D/P, so I wont play Emerald as much as I'm playing it right now. But I think I'm not going to QUIT playing Emerald, because I really like Hoenn, it's Gym Leaders and else.

-SI-
16th July 2006, 10:13 PM
I still play Blue for gods sake. Hell yes i will.

2Percent Miltank
16th July 2006, 10:34 PM
I still play Blue for gods sake. Hell yes i will.

Sorry, but that has to be the best quote all day. XDD *applauds thee* ;P

Anywho, if I do get D/P, I will still play Emerald. Like Sneasel Inferno, I still play the older games, namely my Crystal Version. X3

Megg Lavender
16th July 2006, 10:36 PM
Of course I will. But, I would never trade in my Sapphire Pokemon into the D/P games. Just because a new game is around, doesn't mean I have to ignore my old Pokemon games. They're still fun. ^^

Pottsie
16th July 2006, 10:43 PM
I will always play the Third Generation Games, because I won't be getting the Diamond/Pearl Games, because I never liked the DS and I won't bother buying one just for one Game.

RPG Maker
16th July 2006, 10:45 PM
Of course I will still play. The only reason I don't play Gold/Silver/Crystal is because the batteries are dead. I still don't have FireRed or Emerald so I will for sure to get them before Diamond/Pearl and play them.

AkariKanzaki
16th July 2006, 10:52 PM
Sure. There will be a bunch of Pokemon from 3rd gen that won't be available in 4th gen natively so you must trade them in. There may be 4th gen players that don't have the 3rd gen games and will want traded Pokemon. Also I may want to use some of these Pokemon for battling, either competitively or in-game.

coolcobra77
16th July 2006, 10:57 PM
I will I gotta trade my lvl 100 team over to the awesomest D/P

Moonlight.
16th July 2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah. Heck, I still play RBY even though they've been remade.

Manene
16th July 2006, 11:01 PM
Maybe. If I do, it defiantly won't be as much. But I'll probaly use up to about 55-70% of the time that I do play trading my Pokemon to Diamond and/or Pearl.

Manene out;manene;

Sneasel
16th July 2006, 11:03 PM
Yes, I will play these games even after D/P comes out, but not as much as I currently do.

Caterpie Master
16th July 2006, 11:56 PM
Hmm, I don;t know...
Sometimes maybe....but not as much as I used to...

Aptenodytes
17th July 2006, 12:13 AM
I'll play them maybe 20 mins for every 5 hours of D/P 8D.

Leon Phelps
17th July 2006, 12:32 AM
I'll still play Emerald from time to time. D/P will occupy most of my free time though.

Kabuto
17th July 2006, 12:37 AM
Probably play them eventually to raise good pokemon to add to my collection or just play to explore the lands again. Not like I can't trade, so I wouldn't be making progress for nothing.

Theneedleman
17th July 2006, 1:06 AM
Does trading pokes from Fr/Lg/R/S/E count? -.- Not as much....as D/P

GonbeTR
17th July 2006, 1:23 AM
I think I will still play Emerald because obtaining gold symbols at Battle froniter is very difficult.

Auraninja
17th July 2006, 1:28 AM
Sure I will!

There is still value in the games. Even with the new games, I still think the past games will still be fun and beside, you can trade from the older games to the newer games.

~Bent~
17th July 2006, 1:38 AM
It depends. That's really all I can say. If Diamond and Pearl are good enough, then I'll probably play them most of the time, but I'll still play old games on occasion (though Crystal is my first choice).

Darth_paul
17th July 2006, 8:15 AM
yeah. I'll probably play but just not as much.

Ridi
17th July 2006, 9:30 AM
Most likely. But even if I don't, I know I'll continue to obsess over my R/S Pokemon and draw them and stuff.

Shiny Penny
17th July 2006, 9:55 AM
To be honest, i think that once Diamond and peal come out the only reason I'll still play Emerald is to fill my Diamond/Pearl Pokedex, other than that, i think that the birth of the 4th Gen will be the death of the 3rd Gen to me.

Malocide
17th July 2006, 11:25 AM
I will tade most of my 3rds to DP but I think I will still play.

Also have you forgoten old sea chart has not come out there probaly going to do it after DP so people have to have or buy emerald. Other wise I don't know when they will do it, they got three major pokemon events left before DP comes out. I hope they give it out at worlds becasue I am goona be there. I might also go to JAA nationals but that depends if someone drops out.

water types rule
17th July 2006, 9:51 PM
I'm not getting Diamond anymore, since they completely screwed over every Pokemon, but if I did I'd still play my 3rd gen games some.

Sid Hoffman
17th July 2006, 10:06 PM
I'll get D/P, looks promising, but I still like GBA graphics better...

SamsGFX
17th July 2006, 10:24 PM
Yeah I will, coz I love LeafGreen+Emerald and also, like other people said, I'll trade over so I can get the full Pokedex on Diamond/Pearl

Aqua_Maiden
18th July 2006, 12:41 AM
No doubt,I'm still going to play. Probably,most of the pokemon in Shinou are 3rd generation, I will like to catch them from my FR/LG/R/S or E so they can be a decent level.

Golde
18th July 2006, 12:54 AM
I might restart them.

Pure
18th July 2006, 12:58 AM
No. I never really liked the 3rd gen as much as the other two. I'll trade with FRLG and Emerald maybe, but only to fill my Pokedex.

Ryano Ra
18th July 2006, 12:59 AM
Oh course.

I still play Yellow with Pikachu following me and making faces. Goodness.

If I still play that, I'm definitely going to continue playing Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

mewfanforlife
18th July 2006, 3:39 AM
I will still play, Emerald in particular, but not as much as I do now.

Golden Latios
18th July 2006, 3:53 AM
I will still play Emerald, but I'll defiantely be hooked on Diamond a lot when I get it. I hope not, though.. :P

WaterDragon trainer
18th July 2006, 4:38 AM
Probably. There's still some pokemon I need to finish the game.

kyogre king
18th July 2006, 4:53 AM
I'm gonna play emrald only if i need a pokemon that i can't get in D/P

BlackFlameGymLeaders
18th July 2006, 5:08 AM
depends on how much i enjoy the new games. So if i love the new ones i will barely play the old ones

-Buoysel-
18th July 2006, 5:18 AM
Yes, I'll play some, and use them to trade back and forth between versions, so that way I can complete the Pokedex on Diamond and Pearl.

Nidogod
18th July 2006, 11:11 PM
Based on the drastic changes in the typing/battling system that will take place in D/P (possibly), I will definitely still play the old games when I want a taste of the old style.

Silver Dragonair
18th July 2006, 11:21 PM
If its good...I mean it could suck and I could hate it

The Dean of Suds
19th July 2006, 1:41 AM
Heck yea. it's my favorite generation.
Over and out,;198;

kitsune_boy389
19th July 2006, 9:37 AM
I'm not entirely sure. I think I'll be too busy playing D/P to play my Sapphire.

Walking Contradiction
23rd July 2006, 12:30 PM
I definately will, catching all the duplicate versions of pokemon to be sent to D/P. And, if contests don't make a return, I'll sometimes play for contests.

TogeticTheRuler
23rd July 2006, 12:43 PM
Of course,i need to complete my leafgreen and emerald so ill play it to trade pokes ^v^

JONNO.FRESH
23rd July 2006, 1:40 PM
Yea i'll play them as i've finished them all and it would be a waste not to play them

Jhonny
23rd July 2006, 1:51 PM
Theyll be more for messing about on because I'll be starting them all again once I've drained them of their pogeys

BattleFranky~40
23rd July 2006, 1:57 PM
Nope. There'll be no reason to

Great Sage
23rd July 2006, 3:32 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes! Form a network so to speak.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
23rd July 2006, 10:47 PM
Well, I have a history of ditching old games. But, I think I wil still play them.

Trooper Guy
23rd July 2006, 10:59 PM
Yes i will still play them. Why should i ditch good games? What, just because something new would be arriving, that's a good enough reason to ditch them? That just seems stupid to me. D/P will take up most of my free time though, that's a garrentee obviously. But i'm still going to play my old games, why abandon them? Doesn't make sense to me.

Aquarelle
23rd July 2006, 11:10 PM
Of course I'll still play, this is my favourite generation! Even today I still play the first generation games, this whole series is just too good to put down, I couldn't stand living without playing all my pokemon games...

XD375
23rd July 2006, 11:16 PM
Yeah, sometimes.

Cloud Strife
24th July 2006, 1:13 AM
I still play RBY, so I will still play this generation when DP are out.

Buizeru
24th July 2006, 1:38 AM
Most likely, but not as much.

~Buizeru~

Reece
24th July 2006, 2:36 AM
No. I beat the game and got all the Pokemon and even right now I don't play it.

Orion-Sama
24th July 2006, 4:45 AM
Of course. How else can you get the nice Move Tutors of Emerald? Maybe D/P will have them, but...

I'm also expecting 50 different TMs in D/P (Maybe with a few exceptions...), which means 3rd Gen will be useful to teach Moves to old Pokés.

Plus, how can one abandon the hotties such as Roxanne, Flannery, Winona, Erika, Leaf and such? ;)

Swellow_91
24th July 2006, 1:05 PM
Of course , they were great games! Most of the time I'll be breeding pokemon to transfer to D/P ( and train them there ) , though.

Astinus
24th July 2006, 1:15 PM
My obsessions come and go, so if I feel like playing them, then I will. I still play the old games from time to time. Besides, I like the style of FireRed. And, call me a weird sentimental fool, but I like the memories I have of playing that game, and I want to make more...

Besides, there is the need to complete the Pokédex.

mrmimeykai
24th July 2006, 1:20 PM
I hate gamefreak and will offically boycott the 4th generation untill this mechanics change is rectified
...or untill the end of the week

I will proabally like the game though and try to complete the pokedex

Powerful_Blaziken88
25th July 2006, 1:46 AM
Yeah I imagine I'll still play 3rd gen games. I'll probably sell my Ruby and Sapphire and just keep Emerald and FireRed, but I will still play those.
I have had my file on Emerald since the day it came out, and I wouldn't sell away over a year's hard work. Not to mentio it'll probably be 2 years' hard work by the time D/P come out in America.

true+false
25th July 2006, 1:50 AM
Yes. I am going to eventually get Diamond and Pearl, I will still play R/S/Se and FR/LG. I will mainly just trade, breed or Battle Frontier in Emerald.

Shiny_Milotic
25th July 2006, 4:31 AM
When I got Emerald I had already beaten FireRed, and traded everything I have that is good from my FireRed to my Emerald to help complete the Pokedex and have the best Lineup by mixing it all up a little bit. I plan on doing the same thing for D/P, but now I have more than 3 sets of Lineups because of R/S/E/Fr/Lg .. And I am planning on restarting my FireRed as soon as I finish milking it for all it's worth. But, as long as the newer games can communicate with older games, I will keep playing, defintiely, maybe even as much. I will keep trying to make more and more Lineups until I have trained any Pokemon that is mediocre or better :D

lightfairy475
3rd August 2006, 7:04 AM
Of course I will! You can bet I'll play D/P more than the 3rd Gen., but I could never abandon my Firered, Emerald, or Ruby and all the memories I have of them. I still play Yellow, Red, and Crystal sometimes, so I'll still play 3rd Gen. Maybe not as much, but I will. D/P will probably be my main interest, but these games are my favorites, and there's no brand sparkly new feature the 4th Gen. could have that could make me forget them.

Cain
3rd August 2006, 7:19 AM
Oh yeah, I'll still play. I imagine I'll eventually get bored of D/P for a while, so then I'll revert back to the 3rd gen for a while. Because we can trade between 3rd and 4th gen, I doubt these games will become as obsolete as G/S/C did.

Dragonking
3rd August 2006, 7:33 AM
I'll still play the 3rd gen. because I won't have all the shinies I wantbuy the time D/P comes out.

CharizardMaster
3rd August 2006, 9:24 AM
Yeah, if I don't finish the pokedex by then.

SabrE
3rd August 2006, 10:33 AM
I still play all the games, but when I get D/P, I will concentrate on that until I complete it.

Needs a Deoxys
3rd August 2006, 11:39 AM
I will definetly play them but D/P will definetly get more time from me though. Well obviously since they're new.

Charizard_Millky
3rd August 2006, 11:40 AM
i will but not much at all

Pancakes11
3rd August 2006, 12:13 PM
I will still play them but not until I beat D/P

Cucco-Cojiro
4th August 2006, 2:35 AM
Yes, for sure. I still play Silver as well. I'll probably only play to beat the game again, not to train or anything, though.

Moeteimasu Umi
4th August 2006, 3:17 AM
well yea probally

Naruto Uzumaki
4th August 2006, 3:19 AM
Yeah I'll still play them!

Raito
4th August 2006, 3:20 AM
Yes, since I love the 3rd Gen Metagame. I might host a third gen tourney on WiFi. I'm already hating this Meta.

Jiggy37
4th August 2006, 4:06 AM
Probably not. I can't say definitely not, though, because the new moves and the new metagame might make me want, for example, to have an Adamant Mewtwo instead of a Timid one, or a Bold Kyogre, or something like that. If that's the case, I'd go ahead and restart Fire Red and Sapphire pretty much right away.

Jolteonmaster2
4th August 2006, 4:11 AM
No! Besides, I don't even have a DS! And I don't want one either!

Bonsly is pimp
4th August 2006, 6:35 AM
probably not if i can get all of my 1309 pokemon on D/P plus room for all the new ones

Kakashi Sensei
4th August 2006, 6:37 AM
Who wouldnt, Wifi.

Finally I can battle other people around the WORLD then just the same people in my neighborhood

Sapphire Phoenix
4th August 2006, 8:10 AM
Maybe. I might after I beat D/P a few times and I would then have to so I could train new pokemon in FR.

kitsune_boy389
4th August 2006, 9:00 AM
Yes. Of course!

pkmn17
4th August 2006, 9:04 AM
I will play Em after if it can support Wi-Fi so i can trade on line to collect all and finally compleate atlest on pokedex lol.

wcgold
4th August 2006, 10:24 PM
I have a feeling that I might only play my 3rd gen games to help my Diamond version. I would obviously transfer all of my Pokémon from Ruby that aren't obtainable in Diamond, plus my pile of Ganlon & Salac berries that I've been growing. And if someone trades me Omanyte, Mew & Deoxys through Wi-Fi, I might do a temporary trade to my Ruby version to complete the National Dex.

And I'll probably restart my Sapphire version constantly. I would do this to get Jirachi from my Pokémon Colosseum Bonus Disc, transfer the Jirachi to my Diamond version, offer the Jirachi for trade, restart Sapphire again, and go through the whole process again.

So in other words, I might do very little actual playing in my 3rd gen games.

Enix
5th August 2006, 4:27 AM
I'll still play, because I don't have a Nintendo DS!

Tiffany
6th August 2006, 2:37 AM
I'll still play, most definately. I still play all my other games. When I started Sapphire I was still playing Silver.

Jaster
6th August 2006, 4:59 AM
I will still play mine.

Griesmeel
12th May 2008, 7:11 PM
i have Pearl now and i use Fire Red only for trading poke's to Pearl.

Ceecee-typhlosion
13th May 2008, 10:44 AM
yep i still play 3rd gen

to migrate pokemon and stuff

aerisLana
17th May 2008, 5:28 PM
Yes, I still play my Sapphire even though I already have Diamond. The 3rd gen games are still helpful in many ways, like migrating Pokemon to 4th gen that can only be caught there. Plus, I like some features in 3rd gen more than those features in 4th gen. (like the BGM. I like the BGM in 3rd gen more than the 4th gen's)

Pingouin7
17th May 2008, 8:07 PM
Why should we stop playing 3rd gen. games because D/P are out?

You can't catch Groudon, Rayquaza, etc. on Diamond/Pearl, and there is Battle Frontier in Emerald.

Plus what stops you to play 2 games at a time?

NovaNight
18th May 2008, 6:38 AM
Why would I not? D/P doesn't have Hoenn, the Battle Fronteer or overworld Secret bases. A gen up doesn't stop me from going back to play the previous gens. Heck, I still play Yellow and Blue.

Umbreon-dana
18th May 2008, 7:06 AM
A gen up doesn't stop me from going back to play the previous gens.

Exactly.

And I play my 3rd Gen games more then my Diamond version.

I still play Crystal from time to time.

MetalMario
18th May 2008, 9:44 AM
i have Pearl now and i use Fire Red only for trading poke's to Pearl.
Congratulations on the two-year necro! Have a Pizza Trophy. ;)

I still play the third-gen quite regularly, but mostly just to prepare stuff to use in the 4th-gen! :D

NES
18th May 2008, 11:28 AM
Well after a year with Pearl i can say i haven't touched Emerald again, just to send pokemon on the pal park, but not even Battle Frontier has made me want to play a bit, i don't think i will play it anywhere soon.

UmbreonLord
18th May 2008, 12:20 PM
I do play diamond a lot, mainly only for wifi battling. Emerald has a lot more to do. Better pokes, diamond and pearl was a letdown. most of the stuff a pre-evolution :(

Pingouin7
18th May 2008, 2:55 PM
The only thing I can do left on my Diamond is Battle Hax Tower, trade and battle on Wi-Fi.

Maybe geting shinies too.

Eagledawn
18th May 2008, 3:50 PM
Of course I still do! I think Emerald's better than D/P.

maxx unlimited
19th May 2008, 7:55 PM
Yes, for sure.
I really didn't like Sinnoh. :P

Umbreon_13
19th May 2008, 7:58 PM
i have D/P and i still play Emerald all the time in fact i barely play diamond and my brother started a game on pearl so yeah i still play the third generation games cause they are more challenging to beat and i need mudkip on diamond but first i need to beat the elite four and have more pokemon before i start migrating and all that stuff

purple_absol709
19th May 2008, 8:20 PM
Yes, of course. I'm a personal fan of of the 3rd gen games. Plus you can trade from game to game, so I would probably train on my old games anyways.

Raccario
22nd May 2008, 2:13 AM
I still play the 3rd gen games, but not nearly as much lol

Raccario
22nd May 2008, 2:18 AM
I still play the 3rd gen games, but not nearly as much lol

Forretress Fan
22nd May 2008, 2:48 AM
I play the 3rd Gen Games occasionally when Bored with Diamond, but mostly just for moving Pokemon I don't have.

ChaosAngel
23rd May 2008, 10:28 AM
I still play.
Mainly hunting for shinies.

Cryptozoologist
24th May 2008, 4:12 AM
I haven't played RSE at all since I got Diamond.

swampert55
1st June 2008, 2:30 AM
I still play 3rd gen much more than Diamond. There are no good places to train in D/P, but in Ruby I have a lot of Secret Base data.

Kacho
1st June 2008, 2:48 AM
I will still play it.
Mainly for the other 2 starters to trade...
and then maybe for breeding or coverting rare item purposes... XD
MUAHAHA!

Shiny qwilfish of doom
1st June 2008, 7:07 AM
i always like to pop back to the 3rd generation games.

MAGAX
1st June 2008, 8:02 AM
asking me to stop playing emerald which i had played for nearly 450+ hour(and another 350 hour for the previous save file) and gotten 9 symbols in?not a chance...things may change if a battle frontier like island is release in platinum...

Dark Arceus
1st June 2008, 10:06 AM
I still use my 3rd gen games, especially my Sapphire for training my rounded team and Leaf Green for training my hatched team. Of course, I still use them for the pal park as well.

DJDojo
3rd June 2008, 3:19 AM
I'm addicted to the 3rd generation games, so yeah, I still play them ^_^

Pokerealm
3rd June 2008, 3:01 PM
Only for shinyhunting.

Quilavafan24
3rd June 2008, 6:00 PM
Of course I will still play:) I'm still early in my emerald game. (almost to the 4th gym)Oh yeah you can bring pokemon to diamond and pearl.

Shining Mew
5th June 2008, 6:01 AM
Nah. I hardly ever restart my games so they were doomed the second I bought them. I might reset my firered one day though.. barely anything on that file

Shining Mew
5th June 2008, 6:03 AM
Nah. I hardly ever restart my games so they were doomed the second I bought them. I might reset my firered one day though.. barely anything on that file

RICH
11th June 2008, 4:02 AM
i do just so i can import to help with my diamond and pearl

Kites
11th June 2008, 10:47 AM
I will, but very rarely.

Mandude
12th June 2008, 10:19 AM
I do still play Emerald and Leaf Green, just not as much now that I have Diamond.

poke'master
12th June 2008, 10:27 AM
I havent played my emerald since i got diamond... but it was a great game!! i kinda miss it lol. doing pearl though atm

scout13
13th June 2008, 5:06 AM
i still play ruby. ive been challenging myself to how fast i can beat the game. :)

Enheritance
13th June 2008, 5:58 AM
I still play Emerald(along with FireRed now and then) as I was obsessed with the BF for a long time. But, obviously, my flame for playing it died down since I bought Diamond.

Jerre
13th June 2008, 4:10 PM
Yes. I still play Emerald. I've got Gold too. But not so much. I stopped a little when i got Emerald.

Sharks Shouldn't Fly
13th June 2008, 4:26 PM
Old thread...is old. D:

Anyway, I do still play my 3rd gen games...mainly so I can get new Pokemon to migrate to Diamond. XD
In fact...after I was able to migrate, I emptied out pretty much all of my 3rd gen games, and I've just now restarted some (like Sapphire) so I can get legendaries I didn't have, so that I can migrate them to Diamond. XD''''

I should probably be ashamed of myself for taking advantage of my games like this...but I don't. : D D;

The Composer
13th June 2008, 5:48 PM
Well, considering I refuse to play D/P, whenever I play pokemon, it's one of these that I'm playing. I personally think that they're WAY better than the new ones which seem like the makers of pokemon are just trying too hard. Too many random attacks, too many new items and I don't like the way any of the new pokemon look. Just...like they made it for the sake of making a sequel and not using any really good ideas. Just my opinion of course though.

Larry
14th June 2008, 3:01 PM
I actually started mine over recently...

Geodude
14th June 2008, 3:52 PM
Old thread shouldn't have been bumped, irrelevant now.