PDA

View Full Version : My trip to Boston JAA

bartthecartoon
18th July 2006, 12:28 AM
It all started last night when I had to make a last minute adjustment on my Groudon's Moveset. He had Rock Slide instead of Acient Power, so I swapped the moves around 12:00 last night, then when to sleep.

Celebi! There was a 2 hour line for Celebi all day, but I happened to get really lucky. I was walking by the download area and one of the guys that gives the downloads thought I had just come from the line so he called me over and gave me Celebi. These are the ones I got:

Sassy
Gentle
Mild
Quirky
Bashful
Gentle
Naive
Impish
Mild
Bashful

Then I had to go to the tournament. They gave me a shirt and put me in group one, so here are how the battles went:

Battle one: This guy was pretty good. He started by sending out a Kyogre and Ludicolo. I sent out Groudon and Ho-Oh. His main problem was the he used Surf and it was Sunny out so it only did about 20 damage to each of my Pokemon. Then he sent out a Ditto and Charizard after I KO'd his first two. His Charizard KO'd my Ho-Oh, but my Groudon OHKO's his Charizard with Ancient Power. Then I sent out Gengar and finished him off.

Battle two: I was up against a girl this time. She had an OK team. She went with Mewtwo and Ludicolo. I didn't have much trouble beating them. She KO'd my Ho-Oh and I sent out my Gengar who Exploded, ending the match.

Battle three: This was a guy I had met earlier. He was about 25 and came with a group of friends. His team was simmalar to mine and he quickly KO'd my Ho-Oh and Groudon. I came back though and won the match. His attacks kept missing because of my Bright Powder and Lax Incense.

Battle four: This was against another guy in the same group of friends as Battle 4. He had almost the exact same team as me, except he had a Physical Mewtwo. I would have won the match except for one thing. I had already told him about my Exploding Gengar, so I thought he would be expecting it. He wasn't though, he didn't use protect when I sent it out, and I didn't use Explode. That cost me the match. On the next turn, his Mewtwo used Self Destruct, thus winning it for him.

He went on to be the champ, so I was happy that I lost to him. I saw the other semi-finalist in the food court later on and talked to him for a while. I told him how close I had been and he said he wished I had won.

I didn't have enough time to go to the top 20 line since it was really long all day, but I already had all of the Pokemon they were giving out anyway. So all in all, I had a great day, even though I lost.

Did anyone else here go to JAA in Boston?

AkariKanzaki
18th July 2006, 12:34 AM
The mods may close this since there's a JAA thread in the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald board.

Anyway, glad to hear you enjoyed JAA too. I went to the DC one myself. This was the first time I've ever been to a Pokemon event as Nintendo never came close enough before. I hope they continue to do these events every spring/summer and that they continue to go to at least as many locations as they did for JAA, if not more so more people can participate. Even if they don't have any Pokemon in-game events or downloadable Pokemon to give away it's a neat way to gather with fellow fans.

I managed to get 12 of the Top 20 Pokemon, most notably Pikachu for the lightball. I also got 3 Celebis.

iskate4nobody
18th July 2006, 12:34 AM
what pokemon did they give out?

Ace Hardlight
6th November 2006, 11:36 PM
do you think anyone cares

TRJessie579
7th November 2006, 1:59 AM
Wow, thanks for breaking the rules and bumping up a thread from July for that wonderfully relevant post.

-Closed