PDA

View Full Version : My Pokemon Emerald Dilemma.

Nidogod
18th July 2006, 10:23 PM
I've been playing Pokemon off and on since the oringal release. I've gotten bored with it sometimes, where as other times I was totally obsessed. Now here's the thing. I had Ruby since about a month after it was released and Sapphire a few months later. I played them a good amount. Then when I read about the changes that were taking place in Emerald, I was totally ecstatic. It was a dream come true to catch Johto Pokemon (I don't have FR or LG) and have a battle area more engaging than Battle Tower. Now for the problem. I bought Emerald the day it came out. Ever since then, I've tried playing it about 6 times, and I have yet to go farther than Flannery without getting bored and playing something else. I'm really interested in doing the apprentice thing, and beating Battle Fontier, but I simply can't go that far without getting tired of playing.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm hoping I'm not the only one, because I would really like to know how some of you get over this. I really want to try this new stuff out but I can't bring myself to do it, and I'm basically wasting the game.

[I figured this thread would belong here the most. It doesn't have to pertain to Emerald, just the way you get over Pokemon boredom in general.]

Phillyboomerangs
18th July 2006, 10:30 PM
Well if i get bored i start a new file and see if i like what i see. When i get a team i really like i just go for it. Also if you like a guy then u want to evole him and get him better. Before you know it you at then elite four. Somtimes if you catch good people then you will over come it. Also think of the reward when you beat it

RPG Maker
18th July 2006, 10:51 PM
Happens all the time with me but of course I get bored with things I have done lots of time. The only time I get really exited to play any Pokemon is either the Pokemon game is new or my friends and I are going to battle each other but they all moved away so I'm less exited. I think Diamond and Pearl should make things more interesting.

Cain
18th July 2006, 10:54 PM
I got bored of Pokemon for a three year span. But, I bought Sapphire and got hooked again. Still though, every now and then i get bored and dont play for a month or so, then pick it back up and usually start a new game, or try something new. Dont worry about it, you'll get more interesting eventually, I'm sure.

kyogre king
18th July 2006, 11:25 PM
when i got bored of my emrald i started to catch pokemon that had good stats and thought of new ways i could ev train them.(i'm currently working on kyogre)

2Percent Miltank
19th July 2006, 1:01 AM
This happens to me a lot. Only in my case, I don't necessarily get bored of my game, I just...I dunno, feel like restarting. o_o; I do it too often. I have done it with all my Pokemon games. I'd start it off thinking I'd stick with that one team through to the end...then one day I decide I'm sick of it and start off from the beginning. xx; I've really only beaten two of my Pokemon games, my Silver and Crystal Versions.

However, about a week ago I started up my Emerald Version after not playing it for several months. I just convinced myself that restarting the game over and over wasn't getting me anywhere. I'd never reach the Battle Frontier and see all those cool new Pokemon if I kept starting over. I should just enjoy the game and keep on battling with the team that I have~

To help you out, since you get bored of your game every so often, maybe (if you're sick of your current Pokemon team) try catching all new Pokemon and form a new team without restarting. That way, once your team has been levelled up, it would sort of be like restarting the game only without having to go through all the gyms again.

And think of it like this - in Emerald you can battle the gyms more than once, so why start over when you can have a second chance to battle the leaders? X3

AkariKanzaki
19th July 2006, 1:44 AM
I felt that way when I played through Emerald as I'd played through Ruby first. It's not so bad once you beat the Elite Four because you can do the Battle Frontier but before that it's a little rough. What I did to force myself through it was remind myself that even before the Elite Four there was things I could do. I could go in Sky Tower before beating the Elite Four. There was the Battle Tents. The Safari Zone was expanded so I had fun catching all of the Johto Pokemon in it.

I especially liked the Battle Tents. They're almost like previews to what is coming up in the Battle Frontier. You had to deal with interesting challenges in them too, like rental Pokemon with crappy movesets.

Nidogod
19th July 2006, 1:57 AM
2Percent Miltank said exactly how I feel, and I always restart my games, too >_<. I just started getting new Pokemon in my team, hopefully that'll help. Kept Hariyama and Gyarados and replaced Grovyle and Seviper with Oddish and Zubat.

mewfanforlife
19th July 2006, 2:31 AM
I just sort of forced myself through it, and used a few new Pokemon to relieve boredom because I knew the BF would be fun and different.

Golden Latios
19th July 2006, 3:48 AM
I get bored of my game only when I beat it completely. Then, I don't play it untill about a couple months later, where I decide to sometimes reset it. I try to complete the Pokedex if I'm really bored of the game sometimes, too. But in my Emerald, I don't get bored because I love the Battle Frontier.

Shiny Pokemon Chaser Ky
20th July 2006, 5:25 AM
I never really get bored with pokemon. Sometimes, however, I get a craving to start over. I start the game that I like the least over, wich happened to be ruby. I just get so far, trade my good pokemon ovet to emerald, saphire, and leafgreen, and start again.

TogeticTheRuler
20th July 2006, 6:08 AM
i have that problem 2,I need 2 train my lf pokemon since they need to be garys pokemons lvl in the Silph so i keep turning it off,I save evry 700 steps to fix the problem but ten again its still borring,restarting is a mistake,2nd time its ok since u want to try different stuff u didnt do in 1st file such as ur poke team but after the 5th file,boring,u copletely know wuts gonna happen,especially if u keep making new pokemon teams,

Aquarelle
21st July 2006, 6:46 AM
I had that problem ONCE, and that was on my Sapphire. I had completed Ruby, emerald, and leaf green, and had just gotten fire red and sapphire. I played Fire Red and got hooked right away, then after completeing it up to the second gym, I tried my sapphire. I don't know why, but for some reason I got bored with it and left it alone for like two months, I had only gotten the first badge. After completing fire red, I went back to my sapphire, and spent the next few months completing it. That's very abnormal for me, since I usually beat the game in like five days, since I get super addicted. But for some reason, the game wasn't very exciting this time round. I had beaten the R/S/E storyline at least ten times before, on my games, my sister's, and my firend's. Finally, I had completed it.
But soon after, I traded all my pokemon to safety and started over, this time playing as a boy for the very first time. I wasn't bored this time, and actually enjoyed playing it. I wonder if playing as Brendan made me like the game more for some reason, perhaps since it was something new to me.

But other than that one time, I have always been hooked on my pokemon games. I am willing to spend all day playing if I'm trying to complete something in one of my games, I was once up 'till four thrity in the morning playing crystal, just to get from the fourth gym up to the league. I am a very adamant player, I don't like to give up that easily.

Severance
7th March 2007, 5:35 AM
When I get bored playing Pokemon I just bust out the PS2 and play some fighting games, or Disgaea1/2. Or FFT. If that doesn't work, I just play Pokemon Colo/XD, since it's sorta diff. from playing the GBA games.

Or I play DotA.

Conquistador
7th March 2007, 5:40 AM
i so know what u mean nido, that happends to me SOOOO much... as u probly guessed, right now im obsessed xP

Zeus
7th March 2007, 5:40 AM
It happens to me too.At times,I'm totally addicted to pokemon....at other times,I don't even touch the game.While I'm not playing....I play something else.

The Mighty Wurmple
7th March 2007, 6:13 AM
I hate it right at the start, when you have like 3 Lv 8 Pokemon. It just gets annoying, there's no action.

Mew3
7th March 2007, 7:29 AM
I never got bored woth my Emerald, I was too determined to start doing the things I bought the game for, which are the Battle Frontier, cloning glitch and rebattling gym leaders + Steven.

Glitch Master
8th March 2007, 2:59 AM
But other than that one time, I have always been hooked on my pokemon games. I am willing to spend all day playing if I'm trying to complete something in one of my games, I was once up 'till four thrity in the morning playing crystal, just to get from the fourth gym up to the league. I am a very adamant player, I don't like to give up that easily.

Me tooo.

I played for 3 hours trying to find a chansey ;113;. THEIR EVIL!!!

Luin
8th March 2007, 3:41 AM
I havnt really been playing 3rd gen long enough to get really bored yet.

I found the anime episodes on the net and started watching for the 1st time since they were originally on TV (Series 1 kanto) when I was about 13. I only then realised they had made a remake of red/blue, and im now back playing the games+ emerald too.

With regards to getting bored tho, I understand the compulsion to restart games, but I could never destroy all my hard work in training my pokemon so I would have to trade them all to safety before I restarted.

Im currently working on hatching a team of good natured/IVd pokemon which I can use to play ruby. But I have to keep my emerald game for breeding and housing all my much loved pokemon.

Kabuto
8th March 2007, 3:44 AM
Yeah it sucks, but stick with it, its worth it in the end.

Anaya
8th March 2007, 3:46 AM
I've been playing Pokemon off and on since the oringal release. I've gotten bored with it sometimes, where as other times I was totally obsessed. Now here's the thing. I had Ruby since about a month after it was released and Sapphire a few months later. I played them a good amount. Then when I read about the changes that were taking place in Emerald, I was totally ecstatic. It was a dream come true to catch Johto Pokemon (I don't have FR or LG) and have a battle area more engaging than Battle Tower. Now for the problem. I bought Emerald the day it came out. Ever since then, I've tried playing it about 6 times, and I have yet to go farther than Flannery without getting bored and playing something else. I'm really interested in doing the apprentice thing, and beating Battle Fontier, but I simply can't go that far without getting tired of playing.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm hoping I'm not the only one, because I would really like to know how some of you get over this. I really want to try this new stuff out but I can't bring myself to do it, and I'm basically wasting the game.

[I figured this thread would belong here the most. It doesn't have to pertain to Emerald, just the way you get over Pokemon boredom in general.]

What's that? I've always been curious about what that is. Can someone answer my question?

Nebula
8th March 2007, 4:16 PM
At Battle Frontier, go to the Battle Tower. When inside the reception area, head over to the right and there is this trainer who will ask you for advice. There's your apprentice.

Anaya
8th March 2007, 11:36 PM
^Oh? Well what's the meaning of it? Hehe.

mrrrrrrr KENNEDY
9th March 2007, 2:02 AM
it happens to me all the time in colluseum i have completed it once but never a again the furthest i can bare my self to go is Agate village but i mostly stop playing in Pyrite lol

Theneedleman
9th March 2007, 11:49 PM
Don't worry we all go through phases, including me.

the_w0lf
10th March 2007, 12:17 AM
This exact thing happened to me. I would also push myself to get there, but only disapointed scott for not ever completing his battle frontier challenge. One time I ev trained a Dusclops and was ready for the rest of my team, left the game for a while, then restarted of bordem. This time around I speeded through with Blaziken,Aggron and Gardevoir and now I'm getting my team ready. Trust me if you dont stick with it...you might not ever haha.

E.J.S
10th March 2007, 4:30 AM
Wow this is the exact problem Im experiencing right now. I have a shiny grovyle as ma starter and I want to restart the file but I just cant cuz its a shiny!!!...But luckily Ill just trade it over to D/P when it comes out in english...still thats a month away.

Mini Minun
10th March 2007, 5:00 AM
This happens a lot nowadays for me. I usually play another game until I'm bored then move on to another. Emerald is quite fun once you get further. Don't give up.

Nidogod
10th March 2007, 5:31 AM
Wow, I completely forgot this existed. I made it over half a year ago. x_x

CharizardMaster
10th March 2007, 6:01 AM
I get bored sometimes but when I'm not capable of playing it-as I am now, I just need something to fill the void.

XD Mewtwo
10th March 2007, 6:10 AM
I am tired of the games.
I am not going to touch them much til D/P comes out.

Regidragon
11th March 2007, 8:12 AM
When I got stuck at the Battle Frontier, I jusat mixed Records and tried making all my cool Pokemon get to Level 100. Then I started playing on the battle frontier again.

Axle
11th March 2007, 11:07 AM
I'm starting to get bored of my Emerald game, which is bad considering my pokemon I will transfer to D/P is on it. So now I'm going to try and catch Pokemon I don't have in my dex yet.