PDA

View Full Version : The Arcane Realm Recorded History



enchantress
19th July 2006, 5:34 PM
The FB Training Zone

Unlike other Fizzy Bubbles zones, this zone has been created for the sole purpose of introducing new members to RPing FB Style before venturing into current zones. It gives you a chance to familiarise yourselves with how we work and to experiment and expand upon your RPing skills before moving on. There are four levels of advancement to pass through before I will give you the ok to post in current zones, and those are:

Beginner: http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/spacer2.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Learner: http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/spacer01.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/spacer2.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Experienced: http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Advanced: http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/spacer01.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/spacer01.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/spacer01.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif

When you have successfully replied to 5 consecutive updates at Advanced Level, you will be free to move into current FB zones.

While the updates I provide here will be far from top quality due to time restraints, they will still provide enough information for you to formulate a decent response and to RP to your highest standard. While updates won't be top-notch, your replies should be as your next rating will depend upon how you reply. If you wish to proceed to the Advanced Level in order to leave this zone behind and move into regular zones, you should be striving to give your replies everything you have as that is what is expected in all FB Zones. Please remember that while FB has Gyms, Contest Halls, Bases, the Arcade, and various other activities as well as Time Out to help pass the time between updates, our primary purpose is Role Playing and while we don't always expect lengthy replies, we do expect a reasonable degree of quality. Replies don't have to be long to be good as some people are mistakenly inclined to believe.

Rules
- No less than four (4) lines when replying, and by four lines I mean four complete lines of text. Not three or four words before hitting the enter key and writing another three or four words. Decent and articulate sentences are a must.
- No chat speak. No abbreviations. No icons/smilies. Type properly or I'll ignore your post.
- Please proofread posts. It's not only a great way to check for errors, it's also an excellent chance to see if you can expand upon/improve your reply before submitting.
- ALWAYS quote your update by using the quote button in the bottom right-hand corner of the post. If you c/p and add Quote tags, your post will be ignored. Also, don't quote the entire post, only the update that has been written for you.
- When using attacks for battle, please state clearly what you are ordering your Pokémon to do, and order no more than three attacks (offensive or defensive) per round of battle.
- Never take it upon yourself to encounter or capture a Pokémon. The Pokémon you encounter is entirely up to the discretion of your updator. If you've read through the Updates & Replies Thread you will find that there are several reasons for this rule being in place.
- When in a battle situation, never, ever try to control the moves or reactions of your opponent Pokémon. It's my job to give you an adventure, it's your job to overcome any obstacles I put in your path. Be sure to give clear and precise instructions for the moves you want your Pokémon to use, but don't ever try to control the Pokémon you are battling. I'm hoping I'll never have to PM anyone about editing their reply because they've posted incorrectly. It's embarassing for you, and uncomfortable for me.
- If your Pokémon has a nickname please don't expect me to know it straight off the bat. After a while I do become familiar with the teams of people I update but when you're new to me I'd appreciate it if you would refer to the Pokémon you have, not call them by name. For example, somebody says, "Blaze use Ember!" Ummm, who/what is Blaze? I know it's a Fire Type, but what is it? A Torchic, Charmander, Houndour??? I won't know unless you tell me.
- I do ask that you keep a profile of your FB team in your signature which includes your Pokémon, their levels and genders. I do however understand that not everyone wants to do this so if you could, at the very least, post a link to your registration post I'd appreciate it greatly. If you do neither and I need some information about your Pokémon, there's a strong likelihood you'll be skipped.

And lastly, I'm not expecting everyone to start off perfectly here. Mistakes are expected and I'm more than happy to offer pointers/advice when asked for it, as are many FB members. I'm lenient to a point, but if you've been informed about something that has been done wrong and continue to ignore the advice given to correct it, then you will be ignored. End of story.

Now that formalities are out of the way, how about we get down to business? Below are a list of areas you may enter (only one area at a time), so all you need to do is decide where you would like to travel before making your introductory post.





The Arcane Realm


Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

Mediville (Please reply in LemonChiffon)
This well-populated village and its surrounding farmlands contain many low-levelled wild Pokémon suitable for beginning trainers to practice against. Levels are only gained by Pokémon under level 10.

The Graveyard (Please reply in Silver)
A haunting graveyard where the spirits of Pokémon have been put to rest. At night a thick fog hangs in the air while the restless spirits of those Pokémon with unfinished business rise from the grave, looking for closure that often never comes.

Desert of Illusion (Please reply in DarkOrange)
A vast desert, filled with all kinds of Pokémon. It is rumored that two special villages can be found here, but is this fantasy or reality?

Ancient Tomb (Please reply in Gold)
An ancient maze supposedly containing the tombs of long-departed kings which is filled with treasure and danger. You will not be able to leave until you find an escape rope and you can't bring one with you.

The Ocean of Mystery (Please reply in DeepSkyBlue)
An ocean with many mysteries that have yet to be solved. Only those with Water Type Pokémon can travel these seas, as whenever a ship has set sail, they have never again been seen. What has happened to these ships, their crew and passengers, is anyone's guess, but few are willing to take their chances by travelling out by boat.

Silverton Ranges (Please reply in LightSteelBlue)
A snow-capped mountain range where many wild Pokémon reside. Many old mines litter the mountainside from the days when silver was heavily mined, but due to the often below zero temperatures, they were eventually abandoned. Rumor has it however, that there are still many valuable ores hidden within the mountains.

Lee-san
24th July 2006, 12:26 AM
For the first time in his life, Lee felt cold.
Coming from a small village in the middle of a lush forest, he didn't know such things as ice, snow and mountains. And now, they were all here right before his eyes, the mountains rising in the distance like silent giants, and the ice and the snow all around them, everywhere.
Lee swallowed, glancing once last time over his shoulder, looking back at the road he had used to travel here. He almost felt like turning back..but quickly, he faced the mountainside before him again. He was ready. Ready to embark on a new journey. Lee began to set himself in motion..
And stopped.
Smiling, he took a small, red and white ball from his belt, looked at it for a moment, and tossed it in the air.
A flash of bright light could be seen, turning to the ground, where it materialised itself into a small, green, dinosaur-like creature.
"Bulbasaur!"
Still smiling, his trainer said "You ready, partner? From now on, we're gonna walk this road together. Let's go!"
And so, the two began their journey, walking towards the Silverton Ranges, wondering what would await them there..

Jonouchi
24th July 2006, 1:20 AM
(I hope I'm doing this right.)

As Ricco walks along the path towards the oceanside, Ricco clutched his Pokeball and released his Pokemon from his red and white ball. A Bright white flash fell from the ball and formed into a blue Pokemon with Orange spikes on its cheeks, called a Mudkip.

"Kaio." Ricco said. "I know this is our first adventure, so try to be brave and give me the best you have."

Mudkip cheered in agreement.

"This is our time. Let's show the world what we got!"

Mudkip cheers in agreement again. With that, Ricco and Kaio, the Mudkip, left to the Oceanside. They felt the breeze slap against their faces as they walked down the path towards The Ocean of Mystery. Hearing all the rumors about that place, they were somewhat nervous. That, however, did not stop them from their adventure.

"This is it, from here on out, this is the adventure of a lifetime!" Ricco said.

They continued on, towards The Ocean of Mystery.

Pearl's Perap
24th July 2006, 4:36 AM
"Ok..this is it.." Zak was slightly nervous, he rarely left the comforts of home behind for long, but now he was been thrown into the deep end, the world of pokémon, with only a Bulbasaur as his 'guide'

As Zak walked slowly along the path told to walk along, he noticed a rather large sign near to the edge of the track. On the sign was a map of the surrounding areas in the Arcane Realm, but only one really caught Zak and Bulbasaur's eye, the Forest of Adventure. Zak thought this would be an appropriate place to begin as it would be a similar place to where the two had met back in the beginning.

"You ready girl?" Zak smiled down towards the pokémon at his feet, who replied with excited chirps, she too wanted to get going and find their way into adventure in the well named, Forest of Adventure.

"Of we go then.." Zak motioned for the pokémon to lead the way, as she knew more about the world than he did, and because he wasn't too good with directions as it was.

enchantress
25th July 2006, 7:07 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen
Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Beginning your Fizzy Bubbles journey by entering the Arcane Realm’s mysterious Forest of Adventure, you travel along the faint path with Bulbasaur by your side when after several minutes of travel you hear a loud pitched screech. Confused, you look around but see nothing, when out of nowhere an extremely irate Mankey drops to the ground before you. Beating wildly upon it’s chest before pointing accusingly at you, it then proceeds to challenge you to a battle…


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue
Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Heading out upon your first adventure, you soon arrive upon the seemingly endless shore of the Ocean of Mystery. The white sands of the beach stretch for miles in either direction, but oddly enough there are very few people on the beach itself, let alone in the water. Realising Mudkip is still a little too young to be Surfing you out to sea, you decide instead to take a stroll upon the beach, Kaio excitedly running back and forth and round in circles, happy to be so close to the water. A few minutes later he stops running however, staring instead at a small spot in the water. Following his gaze, you soon see what has caught his attention as you spot a Poliwag emerging from the sea. Walking straight up to Kaio, Poliwag them proceeds to spurt a Bubble of water into his face…


Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue
Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
After days of trekking across the countryside, you finally reach the Arcane Realm’s Silverton Ranges. The scenic mountains spread for miles, and there is a distinct chill in the air causing you to wrap your coat a little tighter around your body. Deciding now would be a nice time to allow Bulbasaur to join you on your travels, you release him before the two of you continue to trek along the trail leading up along the mountainside. A short time later you stop when you notice something coming down the trail towards you, and after a moment recognise it to be a Nidoran♂. The little Pokémon at first appears startled to see you, and for a moment you’re convinced it’s going to turn and run, but instead it approaches, staring curiously at Bulbasaur before looking up at you then pointing toward itself and then Bulbasaur. It appears this little one is asking permission for a battle with your Pokémon. What a polite little fellow…

Lee-san
25th July 2006, 8:46 PM
Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
After days of trekking across the countryside, you finally reach the Arcane Realm’s Silverton Ranges. The scenic mountains spread for miles, and there is a distinct chill in the air causing you to wrap your coat a little tighter around your body. Deciding now would be a nice time to allow Bulbasaur to join you on your travels, you release him before the two of you continue to trek along the trail leading up along the mountainside. A short time later you stop when you notice something coming down the trail towards you, and after a moment recognise it to be a Nidoran♂. The little Pokémon at first appears startled to see you, and for a moment you’re convinced it’s going to turn and run, but instead it approaches, staring curiously at Bulbasaur before looking up at you then pointing toward itself and then Bulbasaur. It appears this little one is asking permission for a battle with your Pokémon. What a polite little fellow…


After some time of hiking through the snowy mountains with Isaac, his Bulbasaur, Lee could see a little creature heading towards him on the road, quickly coming closer..after some time, he could tell it was indeed small, about the size of his Bulbasaur, but with a small horn on his forehead, big ears and of a light pink color. Lee took out his Pokedex, pointed it towards the Pokemon, and after the Dex gave its explanation about it, the young trainer was sure: he encountered a male Nidoran!
The creature stopped in front of him, seeming to be scared at first, but then it gestured toward itself and towards Bulbasaur. Lee quickly understood: it wanted to battle!
"Well, I'm gonna grant you this favor..you ready, partner?" he spoke. "This is our first battle, let's make it one to remember!"
"Bulba!" The small, green Pokemon stepped in front of his trainer, facing Nidoran with a determined look on his face: it was ready to give his best.
"Ok Isaac, start off by planting a Leech Seed on it, and then Tackle it twice!"
Isaac nodded, having understood his trainer's orders. Lee felt his heart beating faster and faster; he totally forgot about the cold around him. This was it, his first battle..

Jonouchi
25th July 2006, 9:33 PM
Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Heading out upon your first adventure, you soon arrive upon the seemingly endless shore of the Ocean of Mystery. The white sands of the beach stretch for miles in either direction, but oddly enough there are very few people on the beach itself, let alone in the water. Realising Mudkip is still a little too young to be Surfing you out to sea, you decide instead to take a stroll upon the beach, Kaio excitedly running back and forth and round in circles, happy to be so close to the water. A few minutes later he stops running however, staring instead at a small spot in the water. Following his gaze, you soon see what has caught his attention as you spot a Poliwag emerging from the sea. Walking straight up to Kaio, Poliwag them proceeds to spurt a Bubble of water into his face…

Ricco saw the Poliwag shoot at his Pokemon with a Bubble attack, for no reason. He could see that this Poliwag was a nasty one. Ricco wasn't going to let his Mudkip take a beating like that.

"Come on, are you going to let that thing beat you?" Ricco yelled.

Mudkip shook itself off and readied itself for battle, waiting for Ricco's command.

"I don't care what your deal is, don't attack my Pokemon like that!" Ricco warned the Poliwag. "Let's go, Kaio! Growl at it to try and make it nervous. Then beat that Poliwag with two Tackles!"

Realizing that there wasn't much that he could do, this was all he had to order. Now he just hoped for the best.

Pearl's Perap
26th July 2006, 12:15 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen
Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Beginning your Fizzy Bubbles journey by entering the Arcane Realm’s mysterious Forest of Adventure, you travel along the faint path with Bulbasaur by your side when after several minutes of travel you hear a loud pitched screech. Confused, you look around but see nothing, when out of nowhere an extremely irate Mankey drops to the ground before you. Beating wildly upon it’s chest before pointing accusingly at you, it then proceeds to challenge you to a battle…


"Woah..calm down little guy!" Zak laughed slightly, he did not really know what he was letting himself in for. Upon thinking on the situation, he thought that calling a tough pokémon like Mankey 'little guy' was a rather embarassing thing to be doing.

"So you want a battle?" Zak smirked towards the Bulbasaur, showing no fear as he stepped forward, Kerry following close by, she was a little nervous.

"Kerry, let's not just leap into an attack, let the Mankey come to us..if it does, try and attempt a tackle upon it." Zak winked at the Bulbasaur at his feet, he didn't want her running in and being beaten up, he would rather wait and see how it progressed.

Dragon 11
27th July 2006, 12:22 AM
"Well Wind, we're here. I love the desert, you know why?" Dragon Eleven asked his Pidgey. Wind gave an inquistive look. Dragon answered, "It's because of all the ledgends! I'm a sucker for these kinds of things! There are suposed to be two lost towns in this place, and I'm going to find them, with your help. And maybe the help of a native pokemon as a guide. It's probably buried by now, but can you check from the skies?"

Wind nodded and flew up 1000 Feet, to search for the towns. While Wind searched, he took out a book, from his backpack titled "Myths and Ledgends of Fizzytopia and The Arcaine Realm." He had bookmarked a page titled "Lost Towns of the Desert of Illusion" and below that it said thus:

enchantress
27th July 2006, 7:49 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Wisely deciding to allow Mankey the first move in what is inevitably shaping up to be Kerry’s first battle, you take a step closer to the little Pig Monkey, far from afraid of its threatening bravado act. Kerry stays close to your side, and though rather nervous, doesn’t take her eyes off her opponent for one moment. Listening to your commands, she obediently stands her ground while Mankey’s attention diverts toward her. It then gives you a rather wicked grin, misinterpreting Kerry’s nervousness for weakness which turns out to be a stupid choice on Mankeys behalf. Returning its gaze to Kerry, it immediately moves in and lifts its arm, ready to swipe down and Scratch Kerry, only to be met with a rather powerful Tackle to the gut. Mankey drops to the ground, shocked and winded, while Kerry looks up at you with a twinkle in her eye as though to ask, “Did I do good?”


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
More interested in the mysterious towns that are supposed to reside somewhere upon the vast plains of the Desert of Illusion than in the actual desert itself, you waste no time in sending Pidgey out to scan the area from the sky, assuming there is a much better chance of finding something from an aerial point of view than from simply wandering in a random direction. While Wind obediently soars into the air in search of anything that may give some clue as to which direction you should head, you decide to take a rest and read your book. You don’t get very far however, when you hear a distressed squawk which you recognise as coming from Wind. Immediately diverting your attention to the sky, you’re shocked to discover that Wind has come under attack by a very territorial and rather vicious looking Spearow…


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Far from pleased with Poliwag’s rather rude introduction, you immediately order Kaio to attack. You can hear a low warning Growl issuing from his throat as he stares threatening at the little tadpole Pokémon, but Poliwag appears far from dazed until the Growl becomes louder and far more threating. Poliwag takes a step back, as though second guessing its decision to pick a fight, but then seems to shrug off its hesitation as it spurts yet another Bubble attack into Kaio’s face. Quite annoyed now, Kaio rushes for Poliwag before Tackling it in the stomach. Poliwag tumbles backward to land on its rear in the sand and, watching while Kaio runs for him again, spits out another Bubble, this time into the sand at Kaio’s feet before Poliwag rolls itself out of the way as Kaio hits the wet patch and skids, tumbling head over heels straight into the water. Poliwag appears extremely amused by this, standing at the waters edge, clutching its stomach as it is overcome with an attack of the giggles…


Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
The bitter cold mountain air is soon forgotten as the excitement at the prospect of your first battle takes over. Isaac nods, understanding your instructions, before turning to Nidoran and preparing himself for his first fight. Isaac begins by firing off a small seed which attaches itself to Nidoran before sprouting vines which surround the little poison pin Pokémon while Nidoran responds by Leering threateningly at Isaac. Isaac, unable to move, is helpless to evade Nidoran’s next attack as it charges forward and Pecks him lightly with its little horn. Now free to move, Isaac retaliates with a Tackle, both Pokémon taking a little tumble on the gravelly mountain trail. Nidoran Pecks Isaac again, but its attacks are doing little damage, and so Isaac responds with yet another Tackle. Nidoran stands his ground however, squaring off against Isaac as he readies himself for another round of battle. The Leech Seed appears to be sapping a little of his energy, but not enough to worry about at this point…

Lee-san
27th July 2006, 8:15 PM
Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
The bitter cold mountain air is soon forgotten as the excitement at the prospect of your first battle takes over. Isaac nods, understanding your instructions, before turning to Nidoran and preparing himself for his first fight. Isaac begins by firing off a small seed which attaches itself to Nidoran before sprouting vines which surround the little poison pin Pokémon while Nidoran responds by Leering threateningly at Isaac. Isaac, unable to move, is helpless to evade Nidoran’s next attack as it charges forward and Pecks him lightly with its little horn. Now free to move, Isaac retaliates with a Tackle, both Pokémon taking a little tumble on the gravelly mountain trail. Nidoran Pecks Isaac again, but its attacks are doing little damage, and so Isaac responds with yet another Tackle. Nidoran stands his ground however, squaring off against Isaac as he readies himself for another round of battle. The Leech Seed appears to be sapping a little of his energy, but not enough to worry about at this point…



Lee couldn't help but smile: he was having his first Pokemon battle in this awesome scenery, and what was best: it was going well!
The trainer watched closely as his Bulbasaur executed his battle orders, fighting fiercely against his small, but no less fierce opponent. A little too fierce..
"Okay buddy, here's what I want you to do next: Let out your most fearsome Growl to intimidate that little bugger, then continue to Tackle it!" he said.
Lee clutched his fists as he continued to watch the battle, excited to see what happened next, as he heard a noise coming from near his feet. He looked down and saw that a couple of small stones loosened themselves and began rolling down the side of the mountain he was currently on. Lee could hear the noise the stones made when rolling down for quite some time afterwards..
"Oh, and be careful and try to not get close to the edge of the road, it's going steep downhill there!" the trainer shouted, concerned for the safety of his Bulbasaur and of the Nidoran..

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
27th July 2006, 9:18 PM
A young lad called Weebos enters the Arcane realm with his faithful female chikorita, Bud, at his side. " A brand new beginning Bud, just you, me, and wherever the winds of fortune send us," he says to his green companion, " But, where exactly are they taking us?" While he stares into the sky pondering this, a chill wind blows in from the graveyard, as if daring those brave enough to enter. Weebos shivers as he turns into the wind, staring hard at the graveyard. " It looks like our path has been chosen, eh Bud?" he comments as he makes his way to the graveyard, Bud in tow, shaking her head.

Dragon 11
27th July 2006, 11:14 PM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
More interested in the mysterious towns that are supposed to reside somewhere upon the vast plains of the Desert of Illusion than in the actual desert itself, you waste no time in sending Pidgey out to scan the area from the sky, assuming there is a much better chance of finding something from an aerial point of view than from simply wandering in a random direction. While Wind obediently soars into the air in search of anything that may give some clue as to which direction you should head, you decide to take a rest and read your book. You don’t get very far however, when you hear a distressed squawk which you recognise as coming from Wind. Immediately diverting your attention to the sky, you’re shocked to discover that Wind has come under attack by a very territorial and rather vicious looking Spearow…

Dragon couldn't believe himself. He had been so busy reading his book to pay attention to his Pidgey! He could hardly see Wind, or the Spearow as they flew thousands of feet in the air clawing and tackleing each other. They were both hurt badly. Then, to make matters worse, Dragon saw a huge sandstorm coming quickly from the north, near to center of the desert. The sandstorm was going to hit the two birds in about two minutes! But, Dragon thought optimisticaly to himself, if they could get through the sandstorm, it might uncover the towns, if they were covered in sand as his book suggested. But back to the more pressing matters, the sandstorm reached up a mile in the sky with sand, higher than Wind, or the Spearow, could fly. He needed to get both of them covered soon, but, unfortunately the Spearow wouldn't go down without a fight. After a minute of running, sweating, and thinking he had finally reached the spot below the two battling birds and he thought up a plan. He didn't know if they had enough time for it to work, but it was worth a try.

"Wind, tackle him with all you got, make sure it's out cold then bring in down hard with an other tackle! Then come down! Quickly!" Dragon yelled, as loud as he could, though it would only be a wisper up thousands of feet. He hoped Wind heard, because there was only about fourty-five seconds left before the sandstorm hit. And time was running out, as the sandstorm was only a mile away, and Dragon, Wind, and the Spearow were right in its path! Would Wind even have enough time to do the plan and plumet, too? What an eventful ten minutes this turned out to be!

Pearl's Perap
28th July 2006, 12:22 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Wisely deciding to allow Mankey the first move in what is inevitably shaping up to be Kerry’s first battle, you take a step closer to the little Pig Monkey, far from afraid of its threatening bravado act. Kerry stays close to your side, and though rather nervous, doesn’t take her eyes off her opponent for one moment. Listening to your commands, she obediently stands her ground while Mankey’s attention diverts toward her. It then gives you a rather wicked grin, misinterpreting Kerry’s nervousness for weakness which turns out to be a stupid choice on Mankeys behalf. Returning its gaze to Kerry, it immediately moves in and lifts its arm, ready to swipe down and Scratch Kerry, only to be met with a rather powerful Tackle to the gut. Mankey drops to the ground, shocked and winded, while Kerry looks up at you with a twinkle in her eye as though to ask, “Did I do good?”


"Go you!" Zak cheered at Kerry throwing his arms in the air to support the tiny pokémon at the time she need support the most.

"Now that Mankey knows what we're made of, let's make a move, try another tackle..NOW!" Zak uttered the command and swung his arms down, pointing one straight at the pig monkey, he knew his Bulbasaur had the capabilities to take such a pokémon down and he believed in her.

As Zak stepped back from the match, he smiled to himself, proud of his partner and her hidden power. As he did so, Zak began to look down at his belt where five pokéballs were clipped neatly, wondering wether he was best to wait or throw one at the Mankey soon.

"Kerry, keep on your toes." Zak called out a few more encouraging words, his partner was doing great already but if she knew she had somebody supporting her, and somebody to do proud, she could win for him and they could advance.

Jonouchi
28th July 2006, 2:16 AM
Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Far from pleased with Poliwag’s rather rude introduction, you immediately order Kaio to attack. You can hear a low warning Growl issuing from his throat as he stares threatening at the little tadpole Pokémon, but Poliwag appears far from dazed until the Growl becomes louder and far more threating. Poliwag takes a step back, as though second guessing its decision to pick a fight, but then seems to shrug off its hesitation as it spurts yet another Bubble attack into Kaio’s face. Quite annoyed now, Kaio rushes for Poliwag before Tackling it in the stomach. Poliwag tumbles backward to land on its rear in the sand and, watching while Kaio runs for him again, spits out another Bubble, this time into the sand at Kaio’s feet before Poliwag rolls itself out of the way as Kaio hits the wet patch and skids, tumbling head over heels straight into the water. Poliwag appears extremely amused by this, standing at the waters edge, clutching its stomach as it is overcome with an attack of the giggles…

After his previous attempt to get rid of the enemy, Ricco's became more annoyed with that Poliwag. Especially when it dodged to have Mudkip fall into the water, and giggling at him in the process. Ricco planned his next attack. He didn't want to lose his first battle on his new adventure.

'That Poliwag's more annoying than I thought.' Ricco thought to himself. Ricco didn't want Mudkip to take a beating like that. He figured he can try again and this time, he could get the advantage. He wasn't going to surrender yet.

"Alright, lets try this again." Ricco said. Thinking carefully about what he should do, he decides to play it safe and dodge the attacks instead of going into close combat.

"Alright Kaio, let's try this now." He said. "Try another Tackle attack." He didn't want to screw up his battle, he thought about this carefully and decided to go with it.

"While doing that, dodge any Bubble attacks thrown at you. Then suprise it with another Tackle."

Ricco wasn't going to let that Poliwag beat him. He tried to stay calm and focus on the match at hand, not to get distracted by anything else.

enchantress
3rd August 2006, 5:18 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Pleased as punch after seeing your reaction to her performance against Mankey, Kerry puffs her chest out with pride before following through with her next order. With Mankey still surprised after being caught off guard, Kerry manages to successfully land another full throttle Tackle while Mankey is climbing back to its feet, causing it tumble to the ground once again. It is then that you hear wild screeching from above and look to see the branches overhead lined with what appears to be hundreds more Mankey who are watching the battle unfold with a great deal of excitement. At first you’re terrified upon seeing so many, worried about what will happen to both you and Kerry should she win this battle, but soon realise they are no threat to you as they actually appear to be rooting for Kerry. Not quite sure what to make of this, you return your attention to the battle just in time to see Mankey Scratch Kerry across the cheek…


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
The sun is setting as you and your faithful Chikorita enter the sombre grounds of the graveyard situated on the outskirts of the town of Mediville. All is quiet, and though the weather has cooled a little there is no obvious reason for the chill you feel run up your spine as your gaze falls upon row after row of gravestones before you. Bud isn’t looking very enthusiastic about your choice of locations to explore when there are so many more interesting areas out there, but follows along anyway, shaking her head though whether this is due to disapproval or resignation, it’s not quite clear. Beautiful shades of pink, yellow and orange color the sky as day slowly turns to night, but you’re suddenly distracted when Bud releases a startled cry after a little Natu hops out from behind one of the gravestones and begins madly pecking away at her…


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Please reply to your last update again. Your current reply is a blatant case of self updating and cannot be accepted. You may in no way, shape or form take control of anything outside of the actions of yourself or your own Pokémon. No sandstorms that have not been mentioned by your updator and no comments on the condition of either Pokémon. That’s my job. Your job is to respond as best you can to any obstacles I put in your path. Please be sure to read the rules as listed in the Arcane Realm’s introductory post, and to see here (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=50329) for a further explanation on how to reply appropriately to an update.


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Infuriated with Poliwags obvious amusement over Kaio’s tumble into the water, you’re not about to let it get away with this and think as quickly as you can on how to get around its dirty little tricks. Coming up with what you believe to be a viable plan, you relay your instructions to Mudkip who nods his understanding before trotting out of the water, shaking himself off and staring angrily at Poliwag who is doubled over in stitches. Taking this opportunity to make his first move, Kaio dashes across the sand, prepared to whack Poliwag with a full strength Tackle, when Poliwag spits out another Bubble. Kaio is ready this time however, and dodges the attack, hopping to the right as the Bubble washes past him then hopping back onto his original path to land a powerful Tackle to Poliwag’s gut. Poliwag is sent reeling backward, it’s little round body spinning out of control across the sand before it skids to a stop and regains its feet, turning and staring at Kaio with a look of combined surprise and fury. Looks like Poliwag isn’t finding this amusing anymore as it stomps angrily back across the sand preparing to retaliate. As soon as Poliwag is within range, it fires off another Bubble attack which Kaio once again dodges before zipping in to attack again. Poliwag unleashes another stream of Bubbles, some of them hitting Kaio this time, popping as they hit him though not causing a great deal of damage while Kaoi keeps on pushing forward, leaping at Poliwag and Tackling it to the ground. Both Pokémon roll in the sand which makes it look almost like they’re wrestling, before both jump to the feet and stare one another down. Poliwag has taken a bit of a beating this time around and is definitely no longer finding anything funny about this battle, while Kaio is looking ready and willing to put this little tadpole in its place…


Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Both Pokémon are doing rather well at the moment, and Nidoran appears to be tougher than you had first thought. This doesn’t stop you from wanting to give this battle everything you have however, and so instruct Isaac on what to do next. Isaac promptly Growls rather loudly, the threatening tone to it causing Nidoran to worry a little, the confident expression on its little face wavering slightly as it moves in to Peck Isaac again. The Leech Seed is also effecting Nidoran somewhat, his health draining slightly and causing it to look a little tired as Isaac rushes forward for another Tackle which knocks Nidoran off its feet causing it to skid along the gravel on the mountain path. It soon regains its footing though, Leering angrily at Isaac before rushing in to Peck him. Nidoran is looking a little wobbly on his feet, and is looking rather tired, giving Isaac a little more confidence as this battle moves into round three…

Lee-san
3rd August 2006, 5:32 PM
Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Both Pokémon are doing rather well at the moment, and Nidoran appears to be tougher than you had first thought. This doesn’t stop you from wanting to give this battle everything you have however, and so instruct Isaac on what to do next. Isaac promptly Growls rather loudly, the threatening tone to it causing Nidoran to worry a little, the confident expression on its little face wavering slightly as it moves in to Peck Isaac again. The Leech Seed is also effecting Nidoran somewhat, his health draining slightly and causing it to look a little tired as Isaac rushes forward for another Tackle which knocks Nidoran off its feet causing it to skid along the gravel on the mountain path. It soon regains its footing though, Leering angrily at Isaac before rushing in to Peck him. Nidoran is looking a little wobbly on his feet, and is looking rather tired, giving Isaac a little more confidence as this battle moves into round three…


Standing on the sidelines as the battle went on and Nidoran and Bulbasaur exchanged blows, Lee noticed two things: One, that small Nidoran was indeed a much tougher foe than he assumed. Looks like Nidoran showed his polite behaviour only outside of battle..he was giving Lee's Bulbasaur a hard time..but also, the poison pin Pokemon began to look more and more exhausted, breathing heavily, and obviously hurt from Isaac's Tackles and the draining from the Leech Seed..quickly thinking, Lee decided to take this opportunity..

"Ok buddy, this match is soon over! Dodge that incoming Peck attack, then Tackle it head-on again, afterwards go in for another Tackle! Fight one more time!"

"Bul Bulbasaur!" the small dino-like Pokemon said, facing the other Pokemon and looking straight into its eyes, again ready to give his best for his trainer.

"And then.."

Lee placed his hand on his belt, quickly unclipping one of the small, red-and-white colored balls on it. Nervously playing around with it, twirling it around in his hands, the trainer got ready to throw the Pokeball as soon as his Bulbasaur executed his orders..hoping for the best, he crossed his fingers.

"Good luck buddy.."

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
3rd August 2006, 7:58 PM
[The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
The sun is setting as you and your faithful Chikorita enter the sombre grounds of the graveyard situated on the outskirts of the town of Mediville. All is quiet, and though the weather has cooled a little there is no obvious reason for the chill you feel run up your spine as your gaze falls upon row after row of gravestones before you. Bud isn’t looking very enthusiastic about your choice of locations to explore when there are so many more interesting areas out there, but follows along anyway, shaking her head though whether this is due to disapproval or resignation, it’s not quite clear. Beautiful shades of pink, yellow and orange color the sky as day slowly turns to night, but you’re suddenly distracted when Bud releases a startled cry after a little Natu hops out from behind one of the gravestones and begins madly pecking away at her…

As Weebos entered the graveyard, he couldn't help but feeling uneasy. As he looked around at all of the grave markers he shivered for reasons he could not define, which frightened him. He looked down at Bud, she hadn't noticed her surroundings yet because she was still going on about all of the better places they could have gone. Now it was his turn to shake his head at his companion as he turned toward the sky. He became lost in thought as he watched the sun set over the tombstones in an explosion of color, which made the scene a grotesque combination of beauty and death. His musings came to an abrupt end when Bud’s piercing cry reached his ears. He whipped around to find Bud under assault by a ferocious Natu. It was then that he once again became lost in thought as he pondered how a Natu could conceivably be ferocious, but he was quickly brought back to reality by yet another yell from Bud. He looked toward his green companion, “Don’t you worry Bud, we can take this little pipsqueak, let out all of your ferocity in a double tackle!” As Bud hopped to his orders, Weebos was filled with a rush of excitement. This was he and Bud’s very first battle, and there was no way he was going to lose.

Jonouchi
3rd August 2006, 8:41 PM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Infuriated with Poliwags obvious amusement over Kaio’s tumble into the water, you’re not about to let it get away with this and think as quickly as you can on how to get around its dirty little tricks. Coming up with what you believe to be a viable plan, you relay your instructions to Mudkip who nods his understanding before trotting out of the water, shaking himself off and staring angrily at Poliwag who is doubled over in stitches. Taking this opportunity to make his first move, Kaio dashes across the sand, prepared to whack Poliwag with a full strength Tackle, when Poliwag spits out another Bubble. Kaio is ready this time however, and dodges the attack, hopping to the right as the Bubble washes past him then hopping back onto his original path to land a powerful Tackle to Poliwag’s gut. Poliwag is sent reeling backward, it’s little round body spinning out of control across the sand before it skids to a stop and regains its feet, turning and staring at Kaio with a look of combined surprise and fury. Looks like Poliwag isn’t finding this amusing anymore as it stomps angrily back across the sand preparing to retaliate. As soon as Poliwag is within range, it fires off another Bubble attack which Kaio once again dodges before zipping in to attack again. Poliwag unleashes another stream of Bubbles, some of them hitting Kaio this time, popping as they hit him though not causing a great deal of damage while Kaoi keeps on pushing forward, leaping at Poliwag and Tackling it to the ground. Both Pokémon roll in the sand which makes it look almost like they’re wrestling, before both jump to the feet and stare one another down. Poliwag has taken a bit of a beating this time around and is definitely no longer finding anything funny about this battle, while Kaio is looking ready and willing to put this little tadpole in its place…

Ricco watched the battle, as his Mudkip knocked his foe down to the ground. He got a little excited that the odds are in his favor now, but felt kind of bad for him. He felt like HE was the bully now. He decided to make a little deal with the Poliwag.

"Kaio." Ricco began. "I want you to growl at him one more time to scare him off. If he resists your growl, try another Tackle. Be sure to dodge the Bubble attacks again."

He decided that this was a good time to try and spare the poor Poliwag, he didn't want to be the bully anymore. He'd rather help, than hurt at this point.

"Poliwag." He began. "I really don't mean to hurt you, but I'm willing to give you one last chance to flee. If not, then I'll continue this battle."

Ricco didn't want to harm the Pokemon the way it was battling, but at this rate, it felt like he doing the same thing he did to Kaio. Attacking him for no reason. He felt that it was too late to make this deal, since he attacked him twice. He decided that he would just wait to see what would happen.

"Well, are you going to run?" Ricco said. "I'm giving you one last chance."

He awaited the response from the Poliwag before his Mudkip attacked.

Pearl's Perap
4th August 2006, 12:39 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Pleased as punch after seeing your reaction to her performance against Mankey, Kerry puffs her chest out with pride before following through with her next order. With Mankey still surprised after being caught off guard, Kerry manages to successfully land another full throttle Tackle while Mankey is climbing back to its feet, causing it tumble to the ground once again. It is then that you hear wild screeching from above and look to see the branches overhead lined with what appears to be hundreds more Mankey who are watching the battle unfold with a great deal of excitement. At first you’re terrified upon seeing so many, worried about what will happen to both you and Kerry should she win this battle, but soon realise they are no threat to you as they actually appear to be rooting for Kerry. Not quite sure what to make of this, you return your attention to the battle just in time to see Mankey Scratch Kerry across the cheek…


"Strange of them to be on our side.." Zak murmured under his breath, still watching in awe as the pig monkeys watched, dotted around the trees above.

"Okay Kerry, don't let that scratch attack deter you girl, get back into gear with a tackle to the Mankey's underside!" Zak called out, reverting his attention back to the battle once again, where the pig monkey had clawed at Kerry's face.

"Bulba.." Kerry leapt into a fighting stance and began to get ready to attack the Mankey once more.

"You're doing really well girl, considering this is your first battle and everything. I'm proud of you.." Zak knew that the compliments he had given before we are a good confidence booster, so he tried some more.

Tweaking the minimized pokéballs on his belt, Zak unclipped one, ready to throw at the Mankey once the match had been decided.

Kyuubii
5th August 2006, 12:12 AM
Maverick unclipped the single red-and-white ball off his belt and flung it into the air releasing a small echinda Pokemon in a flash of white light. The small Pokemon ran up its trainer's arm, settled on his shoulder, and stared at the breathtaking sight before them. It was a monolithic forest, lush green fauna everywhere with sunlight shimmering through the treetops.

Then, turning to the Cyndaquil on his shoulder, Maverick asked, "The Forest of Adventure huh? What do you think Seraphim?"

The small Pokemon looked as though it was considering something for a few moments and then nodded its head, letting out a small squeak, "Cynda, Cyndaquil!"

"Okay. It's decided then," Maverick, with Seraphim on his shoulder, continued on towards adventure...

Dragon 11
8th August 2006, 4:03 AM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
More interested in the mysterious towns that are supposed to reside somewhere upon the vast plains of the Desert of Illusion than in the actual desert itself, you waste no time in sending Pidgey out to scan the area from the sky, assuming there is a much better chance of finding something from an aerial point of view than from simply wandering in a random direction. While Wind obediently soars into the air in search of anything that may give some clue as to which direction you should head, you decide to take a rest and read your book. You don’t get very far however, when you hear a distressed squawk which you recognise as coming from Wind. Immediately diverting your attention to the sky, you’re shocked to discover that Wind has come under attack by a very territorial and rather vicious looking Spearow…

Dragon put the blue hard-back book in his backpack, looked up, and gave Wind a broad grin. "You aren't going to get beat by that little Spearow, are you? Bring the battle down where I can see it! Then tackle it into the ground, if it doesn't work, try again!" he shouted to his small bird starter pokemon. He got up off the dessert sand and brushed off his black jeans. He stared at two dots in the cloudless skies as a breeze blew past him. He was surprised at the early battle of the birds, but he liked pokemon battles, especially aerial ones!

enchantress
20th August 2006, 7:13 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Still puzzled by the reaction of the onlooking Mankeys, right now you’re more interested in what’s happening on the ground than in the wild screeching overhead. Returning your focus to the battle, you praise Kerry for her efforts, making the little Bulbasaur prouder than ever and determined to do her best for you. Though that scratch to the face had caused Kerry some discomfort, she isn’t about to give in yet and launches herself at the pig monkey for a full throttle Tackle, ramming it in the gut and winding it. Mankey retaliates with another Scratch, but this one isn’t quite as powerful as the last, being more of a reflex action than an actual attack as it struggles to regain its breath…

Kyuubii http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Entering the mystical forest wonderland of the legendary Forest of Adventure with Seraphim hitching a ride on your shoulder, you wander along for several minutes taking in the beauty of your surroundings. This forest has a special aura about it, a distinct feeling of something ancient which makes your journey that much more special as you wonder what mysteries and adventures it has to offer. After several minutes you stop when you hear the faint sound of what you think is crying, and curious to know what there is to be upset about in such beautiful surroundings, you follow the sound to find a little Wurmple huddling over the body of a dead Beautifly. The Beautifly is obviously this little ones mother, and you can’t help but feel pity for the poor orphaned bug, but before you have a chance to think about it, let alone react in any way, you hear a low rumble and turn to see a Poochyena standing by a nearby tree, growling a warning. It’s obvious this little pup is the one responsible for Beautifly’s untimely demise, and it apparently doesn’t want you around to stop it from finishing off Wurmple as well…


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Startled from your thoughts by Bud’s cry, you find the rather comic site of a ferocious Natu to be more puzzling than anything else, but it doesn’t take you long to react to the situation. Relaying your instructions to your little Chikorita, she soon recovers from the initial shock of the surprise attack and throws all of her body weight into a Tackle which sends Natu reeling backward to smack into the gravestone from which it had first appeared. Natu appears horrified by this turn of events, though it’s quite clear its distress isn’t caused by Bud’s attack, but from the fact it had crashed into the tombstone. With a distressed squawk it scrambles to get off the grave as quickly as possible before turning an enraged glare upon Bud and hopping toward her for yet another frenzied Peck attack. Bud is ready this time however and manages to Tackle the tiny bird head on, causing it to drop to the ground like a brick. Natu is enraged by this time, recovering its feet once more and launching itself at Bud to peck her right between the eyes. Looks like you have one spirited little birdie on your hands here…


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Calling for Wind to bring the battle closer, he quickly obeys your orders, taking a dive and darting for the ground with Spearow close on his tail, pulling up at the last minute to come zooming past you at waist level. Spearow completely ignores you, more focused upon Wind who arcs up and around, performing a kind or aerial somersault before crashing into Spearow’s back with a powerful Tackle. Spearow drops like a brick, crashing into the ground with an almighty thud before picking itself up and zooming straight toward Wind to Peck him hard in the belly. The two are then locked in a midair battle of wills, flapping their wings wildly in one another’s faces to try and blind the other before Wind lowers his head and rams into Spearow with another Tackle then darting around behind it to give himself a chance to regain his breath. This has certainly turned into an ugly fight, though a rather interesting one. Both Pokémon have taken some damage, but Wind has the advantage for the time being…


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Not quite sure you really want to continue this battle, you decide to bargain with Poliwag, but not before relaying attack orders to Kaio just in case. Surprisingly Poliwag takes a moment to hear you out, realising you’re not meaning to be rough, before giving you a friendly smile. It appears your gesture to back down has earned you a little respect in it’s mind, but it shakes it head and points at Kaio to relay the message it wants to finish this fight. It seems that what had initially started out as a practical joke has now turned into a challenge for Poliwag and it wants to prove itself so it returns its attention to Kaio, ready and willing to take this battle to the next stage. Kaio Growls at Poliwag, warning the little tadpole this isn’t going to be an easy fight, and although now taking this battle seriously, Poliwag hesitates a moment before unleashing more Bubbles upon the little Mudkip. The bubbles burst on impact with Kaio’s skin, but he charges through them anyway, Tackling Poliwag once more. The two roll in the sand before regaining their feet, staring one another down. Poliwag is breathing rather heavily now, appearing rather tired, so who knows how much more it can take…


Silverton Ranges - Please reply in lightsteelblue

Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Mulling over the situation, you soon decide on the best course of action. Nidoran is indeed putting up quite a fight, and rather than drag this out for too much longer, you may as well take advantage of its weariness and bring this battle to a close. Instructing Isaac, you reach for an empty Pokéball, ready to throw it as soon as Isaac carries out his orders. Nidoran can sense what is coming, Leering Isaac down before he has a chance to move, then rushing in to Peck the little Bulbasaur. Not to be deterred, Isaac makes his move a moment later, putting all of his energy into one powerful Tackle, knocking Nidoran’s feet out from under him and sending the little poison pin Pokémon flying. The poor little bugger skids to a halt on the gravel, extraordinarily wobbly on its feet now and with a very nasty graze along the right side of its body, but at that moment you toss your Pokéball, watching with baited breath as the capture beam shoots out to envelop Nidoran before falling to the ground. Nidoran is still putting up a struggle, the Pokéball rocking wildly on the ground for what seems an interminably long time before finally locking with a “ping!” Congratulations, you’ve just captured a Lv.5 male Nidoran!

Rather pleased with yourself, and very happy with Isaac, the two of you soon continue along the path you were following when you come across the entrance to what looks to be an old abandoned mine shaft. Though the air out here is chilly, the tunnel walls and floor appear to be coated in a thin layer of ice making it rather obvious that if you decide to enter this will not only lead to a very chilling journey, but a rather dangerous one. Glancing at the path ahead before returning your gaze to the tunnel entrance, you ponder over which path to take…



For some reason my little stars aren't showing up (::sadface:: ), but here are the current stats:

Pearl's Perap: 3
Kyuubii: 1
Weebos: 2
Dragon11: 2
Jonouchi: 2
Lee-san: 3

Lee-san
20th August 2006, 1:38 PM
Lee-san http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Mulling over the situation, you soon decide on the best course of action. Nidoran is indeed putting up quite a fight, and rather than drag this out for too much longer, you may as well take advantage of its weariness and bring this battle to a close. Instructing Isaac, you reach for an empty Pokéball, ready to throw it as soon as Isaac carries out his orders. Nidoran can sense what is coming, Leering Isaac down before he has a chance to move, then rushing in to Peck the little Bulbasaur. Not to be deterred, Isaac makes his move a moment later, putting all of his energy into one powerful Tackle, knocking Nidoran’s feet out from under him and sending the little poison pin Pokémon flying. The poor little bugger skids to a halt on the gravel, extraordinarily wobbly on its feet now and with a very nasty graze along the right side of its body, but at that moment you toss your Pokéball, watching with baited breath as the capture beam shoots out to envelop Nidoran before falling to the ground. Nidoran is still putting up a struggle, the Pokéball rocking wildly on the ground for what seems an interminably long time before finally locking with a “ping!” Congratulations, you’ve just captured a Lv.5 male Nidoran!

Rather pleased with yourself, and very happy with Isaac, the two of you soon continue along the path you were following when you come across the entrance to what looks to be an old abandoned mine shaft. Though the air out here is chilly, the tunnel walls and floor appear to be coated in a thin layer of ice making it rather obvious that if you decide to enter this will not only lead to a very chilling journey, but a rather dangerous one. Glancing at the path ahead before returning your gaze to the tunnel entrance, you ponder over which path to take…


Time seemed to stop for a few moments as Lee watched the Pokeball rumble on the ground; even now the little Pokemon is putting up quite a fight. But finally, the Pokeball locked in, and with a sigh of relief, Lee rushed over to it to pick it up. Grinning while staring at it, he soon realised that he just took a big step forward on his long journey as a Pokemon Trainer..
Snapping out of his thoughts, he looked out around nervously, but of course noone was there, so..
"Wooooohooooo I captured a Nidoran!!" Lee cheered while jumping in the air and doing a victory pose.
"Anyway..time to head on..you did very well, I'm extremely proud of you, partner!" Lee said as he turned to his Bulbasaur.
"Bulbaaa!" it said, seeming just as happy as his trainer, having helped him on his first capture.
"Ok buddy, return to your ball, you take a nice long rest now." Lee said as the flash of light enveloped Isaac. Afterwards, he put both Pokeballs at his belt and continued his journey through the Silverton Ranges.

After a while, he came to what seemed to be the entrance to a very dark, very cold and very dangerous and..quite abandoned mine. Peering inside, he could see the cave was covered in ice all over. Freezing, Lee almost turned back to continue walking outside, but stopped right again, his curiosity being victorious.
"Hey, I'm here for adventures, aren't I? And this old forgotten mine looks like the best place to get into some..and maybe even get rare treasures and Pokemon, heh. Alright then, the show must go on.."
After wondering for a moment who he was talking to the whole time, Lee took out his flashlight, parka, scarf and gloves from his backpack, turned the flashlight on to light the cave, put the extra cloth items on tightly and started exploring the mine, trying to have some warm thoughts to keep the cold away..

Jonouchi
21st August 2006, 10:14 PM
Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Not quite sure you really want to continue this battle, you decide to bargain with Poliwag, but not before relaying attack orders to Kaio just in case. Surprisingly Poliwag takes a moment to hear you out, realising you’re not meaning to be rough, before giving you a friendly smile. It appears your gesture to back down has earned you a little respect in it’s mind, but it shakes it head and points at Kaio to relay the message it wants to finish this fight. It seems that what had initially started out as a practical joke has now turned into a challenge for Poliwag and it wants to prove itself so it returns its attention to Kaio, ready and willing to take this battle to the next stage. Kaio Growls at Poliwag, warning the little tadpole this isn’t going to be an easy fight, and although now taking this battle seriously, Poliwag hesitates a moment before unleashing more Bubbles upon the little Mudkip. The bubbles burst on impact with Kaio’s skin, but he charges through them anyway, Tackling Poliwag once more. The two roll in the sand before regaining their feet, staring one another down. Poliwag is breathing rather heavily now, appearing rather tired, so who knows how much more it can take…

Ricco remembered the gesture he gave to Kaio a few moments earlier. Ricco knew in his mind that he was right about Poliwag not giving up at this point. He smiled with confidence, and decided that he was ready to end this battle with a few more attacks. He decided on something else, and took a Fast Ball from his belt. Ricco enlarged the ball to it's full form and clutched it tightly in his hands.

"Kaio, this is it!" He said. "Let's end this fast!"

Mudkip knew he was right as well and prepared himself against Poliwag.

"Poliwag, I warned you that if you didn't leave, you would lose this battle." Ricco stated. "I'm sorry, but now it's time for me to keep my promise."

Ricco was now more determined than ever. Even though Poliwag wanted to continue, deep down, he also wants to keep fighting. He focused his mind to the match and readied himself for the next round, and his Fast Ball.

"You ready Kaio?!" Ricco asked. "Let's give it all we got! Let's start with a Tackle straight at him. Should he use Bubble again, be sure to dodge them. Then end this with a Tackle as hard as you can."

Ricco held his ball tightly for when the time was right. He was going to catch that Poliwag and help it become a strong and formidable fighter, as well as his friend. He prepared himself for the next and, possibly, the last round of this battle.

Dragon 11
22nd August 2006, 2:58 AM
Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Calling for Wind to bring the battle closer, he quickly obeys your orders, taking a dive and darting for the ground with Spearow close on his tail, pulling up at the last minute to come zooming past you at waist level. Spearow completely ignores you, more focused upon Wind who arcs up and around, performing a kind or aerial somersault before crashing into Spearow’s back with a powerful Tackle. Spearow drops like a brick, crashing into the ground with an almighty thud before picking itself up and zooming straight toward Wind to Peck him hard in the belly. The two are then locked in a midair battle of wills, flapping their wings wildly in one another’s faces to try and blind the other before Wind lowers his head and rams into Spearow with another Tackle then darting around behind it to give himself a chance to regain his breath. This has certainly turned into an ugly fight, though a rather interesting one. Both Pokémon have taken some damage, but Wind has the advantage for the time being…

Dragon was amused with the maneuver. He thought of a way to attack the Spearow's head. He needed a distraction. Then he thought of it. “Use its aggressiveness to make it go after you. Then swoop low and stir up the dust cloud to confuse it. Then with your Keen Eye ability spot it out in the dirt devil, if it is moving, go after its wings. Stopping its wings stops its flight. If its still or you make it still, give it a head shot with a tackle. Got it?” Wind nodded, and gave a half-hearted smile. He was usually a pacifist, but he was enjoying this, it was fun. His thoughts were interupted by Dragon.

"So, you want a permanent aerial sparring partner?" Pidgey nodded. "Good, lets end this!" Dragon said merrily.

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
24th August 2006, 2:24 AM
Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Startled from your thoughts by Bud’s cry, you find the rather comic site of a ferocious Natu to be more puzzling than anything else, but it doesn’t take you long to react to the situation. Relaying your instructions to your little Chikorita, she soon recovers from the initial shock of the surprise attack and throws all of her body weight into a Tackle which sends Natu reeling backward to smack into the gravestone from which it had first appeared. Natu appears horrified by this turn of events, though it’s quite clear its distress isn’t caused by Bud’s attack, but from the fact it had crashed into the tombstone. With a distressed squawk it scrambles to get off the grave as quickly as possible before turning an enraged glare upon Bud and hopping toward her for yet another frenzied Peck attack. Bud is ready this time however and manages to Tackle the tiny bird head on, causing it to drop to the ground like a brick. Natu is enraged by this time, recovering its feet once more and launching itself at Bud to peck her right between the eyes. Looks like you have one spirited little birdie on your hands here…

"Sweet Jesus!" said Weebos as he watched the epic conflict unfold before him. His beloved Chikorita, Bud, was locked in battle with a rather humourously ferocious Natu. 'Something has really ****** this chicken finger off, he thought to himself as the two green pokemon squared off. Bud moved first, running headlong into the furious flapper. "Bingo!" Weebos exclaimed as the Natu flew into a tombstone. "That was excellent Bud." Weebos congradulated his partner. "Chi-Kaa!" Bud responded triumphantly. A flurry of movement diverted their attention back to the psychic bird. Natu, having apparently regained its sense was flapping about in a rather unorthodox fashion, trying to get off the tombstone as fast as possible. The look on its face clearly displayed the height of terror, or as much terror as a Natu could possibly display. 'Its spooked out of its mind." Weebos thought to himself, the implications were tantalizing. The Natu quickly regained composure and charged again, but Bud met it with another tackle, knocking it onto its back. The psycho-chick flipped back up, infuriated, and viciously pecked Bud. Weebos meanwhile was once again lost in thought, but he came to as Bud once again cried out, this time in exhasperation for her trainer. "Well, well, well..." Weebos pondered, "Afraid of a little graveyard, eh? Bud! Take that bird down a notch with a Growl, follow up with two Tackles, keep that Natu on that tombstone." Weebos giggled with glee, yet on the inside he was a little uneasy at his own plan. Natu lived in the graveyard, what reason could it have to be scared?

Pearl's Perap
25th August 2006, 12:01 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Still puzzled by the reaction of the onlooking Mankeys, right now you’re more interested in what’s happening on the ground than in the wild screeching overhead. Returning your focus to the battle, you praise Kerry for her efforts, making the little Bulbasaur prouder than ever and determined to do her best for you. Though that scratch to the face had caused Kerry some discomfort, she isn’t about to give in yet and launches herself at the pig monkey for a full throttle Tackle, ramming it in the gut and winding it. Mankey retaliates with another Scratch, but this one isn’t quite as powerful as the last, being more of a reflex action than an actual attack as it struggles to regain its breath…


Zak gasped as he watched the battle nearing the end, the Mankey exhausted, his Bulbasaur pumped for more due to all the support she was recieving, the overhead Mankey's watching in awe.

"Okay Kerry, I think this is our chance..tackle that Mankey in the air!" Zak called out, he knew what to do now, Mankey was weak and weak pokémon are easier caught.

Zak watched the Mankey as Kerry lowered her head and began to run at it at full-speed, ready to toss it high into the air, holding his arm in the air, pokéball in hand, Zak smirked, ready to throw it towards the pig-monkey pokémon in hopes of catching it to add to his collection, or trade on in the future.

"Kerry, you can do it girl!" Zak was proud, his starter pokémon and oldest friend was an amazing battler, and this was only the beginning of what was to come.

Kyuubii
27th August 2006, 6:59 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Kyuubii http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Entering the mystical forest wonderland of the legendary Forest of Adventure with Seraphim hitching a ride on your shoulder, you wander along for several minutes taking in the beauty of your surroundings. This forest has a special aura about it, a distinct feeling of something ancient which makes your journey that much more special as you wonder what mysteries and adventures it has to offer. After several minutes you stop when you hear the faint sound of what you think is crying, and curious to know what there is to be upset about in such beautiful surroundings, you follow the sound to find a little Wurmple huddling over the body of a dead Beautifly. The Beautifly is obviously this little ones mother, and you can’t help but feel pity for the poor orphaned bug, but before you have a chance to think about it, let alone react in any way, you hear a low rumble and turn to see a Poochyena standing by a nearby tree, growling a warning. It’s obvious this little pup is the one responsible for Beautifly’s untimely demise, and it apparently doesn’t want you around to stop it from finishing off Wurmple as well…



Maverick just stood there, shocked to have experienced death this early in his journey. Then, realizing that he needed to do something, he regained his composure and called out to his Pokemon, "Seraphim! This is gonna be our first battle together. Get ready!"

The small echinda Pokemon nodded its head and leaped off Maverick's shoulder, letting out a loud squeak, "Cynda!"

"Alright listen carefully. I want you to use a tackle attack on that Poochyena over there okay?" He pointed towards the angered Pokemon not to far away.

"Cyndaquil!" Seraphim leapt off into battle, a navy colored blur as it somewhat clumsily ran towards the black and grey dog Pokemon.

enchantress
15th September 2006, 7:52 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Pearl's Perap http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Noticing that Mankey is weakening which gives you a slight advantage, you decide to go for broke and attempt to capture the little bugger. Kerry obediently carries out your instructions, charging the little pig monkey who can only watch with bulging eyes as its bulbous foe attacks. Mankey attempts to leap out of the way, but is still heavily winded, giving Kerry just the opening she needs to send the little primate flying as she Tackles it in the gut. Mankey does manage to get in one last Scratch to Kerry’s bulb before it is sent hurtling through the air at which point you toss your Pokéball, watching with baited breath as the ball bounces off Mankey which triggers the release mechanism, the red beam shooting out and enveloping Mankey before pulling the squealing monkey into the ball. The branches overhead are suddenly filled with high pitched and …“delighted…?” screeching as the red and white sphere drops to the ground, shaking furiously as Mankey struggles to evade capture. After an interminably long wait as the ball wobbles madly on the ground, the light finally turns green with a little ”ping!”, signifying your capture of the level five male Mankey within. You have little time to celebrate your capture however, as it appears there is now another problem facing you as several of the Mankey from the treetops leap to the ground and surround you, moving in to create a rather uncomfortably restricting circle around Kerry and yourself…

Kyuubii http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Horrified to have stumbled upon such a grisly scene so early into your adventure, you quickly decide you can’t just stand by and watch as Poochyena finishes off this distressed little Wurmple who is still huddled over its dead mother. Seraphim is also eager to help the little bug type and upon your order, darts toward the dark pup with fire in his eyes. Poochyena isn’t about to let an overzealous rodent get in its way however, and lowers its head, charging for Seraphim and meeting him with a head-on Tackle. The subsequent skull bashing which results as the two collide isn’t too pleasant, particularly for Seraphim as Poochy has a definite size advantage over him, and he falls to the ground, shaking his head furiously while trying to clear his vision. Poochyena then Howls loudly, the eerie sound echoing throughout the forest and sending a chill up your spine. It looks like you may have bitten off more than you can chew here, especially considering Poochy is now staring at Seraphim with a rather hungry look in its eyes…


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
If there is one thing that’s becoming clearer by the minute, it’s that this little psychic birdie is very, very upset. What reasons it could have for being so highly strung are beyond you, but the uneasy feeling of you having severely misjudged its intentions, as well as its reactions, is beginning to play on your mind. Shrugging off these thoughts, you instead decide to go with the flow, obviously finding it rather amusing to see Natu react so strongly to being flung onto this gravestone, and decide to use its evident distress of trampling this grave to your advantage.

Recovering from Natu’s last attack against her, Bud Growls at the tiny bird who hesitates for a moment before Leering Bud down. Using this opportunity to attack again, Natu hops forward and Pecks Bud’s front right paw, though luckily not too hard. Bud soon retaliates with a Tackle, sending Natu flying back once more, this time the psychic birdie putting a lot of energy into digging it’s claws into the ground before it can land directly on top of the grave behind it, but having put so much energy into stopping itself, has left itself wide open for yet another Tackle as Bud moves in quickly, slamming Natu back and into the tombstone a second time. Natu is more than distressed at this point, it’s completely and utterly enraged, picking itself up and hopping forward, flinging itself into Bud’s face to attack with an insanely furious barrage of Pecks…


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Noting Spearow’s highly aggressive nature, you decide to use this to your advantage. Taking a moment to figure out a course of action while the two face off once more, you relay your orders to Wind who obeys without question. He darts away from Spearow as quickly as possible, urging his attacker to pursue him, a plan that works perfectly as Spearow streaks off after Wind, staying close on his tail.

Wind takes a dive for the ground, stirring up a large cloud of dust, but one thing you’d overlooked with your plan is that Wind is not the only birdie here with the Keen Eye ability. While Wind prepares to attack, Spearow darts through the cloud of dust and rams into Wind with ferocious force, it’s Peck attack tearing a large gash into Wind’s belly and up into his right wing. Oops… look like that plan backfired as it’s now Wind who has been disadvantaged in the same way you were hoping to disable Spearow. Releasing an earsplitting squawk of agony, Wind manages to hop to his feet, but is unable to follow through with his next attack due to the damage to his wing…


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Wanting to end this battle as quickly as possible, you ready yourself with a Fast Ball while instructing Kaio on what to do next. Nodding his understanding, Kaio leaps in to Tackle the tadpole Pokémon before it has an opportunity to react. Poliwag is knocked off its little feet, but quickly retaliates with yet another Bubble which Kaio is ready for. Dodging the attack, Kaio soon follows up with another Tackle, KOing Poliwag who drops to the ground. Level up for Kaio. What would you like to do now?

Note: If you plan on throwing a Pokéball you must clearly state you wish to do so. You’re holding one, but made no mention of wanting to use it for this update, so I’ve skipped over it.…


Lee-san I’m releasing you from my clutches here in the Arcane Realm. You don’t belong here as you’ve proven you’re more than capable of RPing to an above average standard. Best of luck in the zones, and please don’t forget to check with ZO’s regarding capped zones before posting an intro.

Jonouchi
16th September 2006, 6:11 PM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Wanting to end this battle as quickly as possible, you ready yourself with a Fast Ball while instructing Kaio on what to do next. Nodding his understanding, Kaio leaps in to Tackle the tadpole Pokémon before it has an opportunity to react. Poliwag is knocked off its little feet, but quickly retaliates with yet another Bubble which Kaio is ready for. Dodging the attack, Kaio soon follows up with another Tackle, KOing Poliwag who drops to the ground. Level up for Kaio. What would you like to do now?

Note: If you plan on throwing a Pokéball you must clearly state you wish to do so. You’re holding one, but made no mention of wanting to use it for this update, so I’ve skipped over it.…

Sorry about that. I'll remember that next time.


Ricco watched as the Poliwag fell to the ground with a thud. He was glad that he won his first ever battle, but he also didn't want to leave it here. Ricco looked at Kaio and smiled a bit.

"You know what, Kaio?" Ricco said.

Mudkip turned to him wondering what he's going to say.

"We can't leave this guy here, and he put up quite a fight too." He stated. "Let's take him with us."

Mudkip agreed. Ricco held tight to his Fast Ball and looked at his fallen opponent, knocked out on the ground.

"Once he's caught, let's head somewhere else. I want to explore this place a little more." He said. "But first-"

Ricco threw his arm back and tossed the Fast Ball towards Poliwag. The Fast Ball darted straight for Poliwag and hit its target.

'Please.' he thought. 'Let this work!'

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
16th September 2006, 7:11 PM
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
If there is one thing that’s becoming clearer by the minute, it’s that this little psychic birdie is very, very upset. What reasons it could have for being so highly strung are beyond you, but the uneasy feeling of you having severely misjudged its intentions, as well as its reactions, is beginning to play on your mind. Shrugging off these thoughts, you instead decide to go with the flow, obviously finding it rather amusing to see Natu react so strongly to being flung onto this gravestone, and decide to use its evident distress of trampling this grave to your advantage.

Recovering from Natu’s last attack against her, Bud Growls at the tiny bird who hesitates for a moment before Leering Bud down. Using this opportunity to attack again, Natu hops forward and Pecks Bud’s front right paw, though luckily not too hard. Bud soon retaliates with a Tackle, sending Natu flying back once more, this time the psychic birdie putting a lot of energy into digging it’s claws into the ground before it can land directly on top of the grave behind it, but having put so much energy into stopping itself, has left itself wide open for yet another Tackle as Bud moves in quickly, slamming Natu back and into the tombstone a second time. Natu is more than distressed at this point, it’s completely and utterly enraged, picking itself up and hopping forward, flinging itself into Bud’s face to attack with an insanely furious barrage of Pecks…


A chill wind blows through the graveyard as a vicious battle continues to unfold. Weebos, a young intrepid pokemon trainer trainer and his Chikorita, Bud, are locked in conflict with an unnervingly ripshit Natu. Bud starts this round off with a Growl, which stopped Natu only for a moment before it responded with a Leer. Bud, taken off guard, received a peck to the paw from our ferocious feathered friend. "Stream of Asterisks!" Weebos exclaimed, "Bud get it together!" Bud, responding to her trainer's call, charged in with a spectacular tackle, which sent the psychic puffball hurtling at the tombstone once more, but not before Natu fought momentum with friction, utilizing its taloned claws. Bud took advantage of Natu's preoccupation and hit it for another excellent tackle. Natu hit the tombstone yet again, but this time, Natu righted itself, and with a terrible and wild glint in its eye, assualted Bud's face with a vengeance. "Bud! HANG IN THERE!" Weebos cried as he watched his friend get mauled, "When you see an opening, go for it! Start tackling and don't let up!" Weebos readied a pokeball just in case. 'If I see an opening,' he thought, 'I have to go for it, I don't think this bird is going to give up without a fight.'

Dragon 11
23rd September 2006, 7:58 PM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Noting Spearow’s highly aggressive nature, you decide to use this to your advantage. Taking a moment to figure out a course of action while the two face off once more, you relay your orders to Wind who obeys without question. He darts away from Spearow as quickly as possible, urging his attacker to pursue him, a plan that works perfectly as Spearow streaks off after Wind, staying close on his tail.

Wind takes a dive for the ground, stirring up a large cloud of dust, but one thing you’d overlooked with your plan is that Wind is not the only birdie here with the Keen Eye ability. While Wind prepares to attack, Spearow darts through the cloud of dust and rams into Wind with ferocious force, it’s Peck attack tearing a large gash into Wind’s belly and up into his right wing. Oops… look like that plan backfired as it’s now Wind who has been disadvantaged in the same way you were hoping to disable Spearow. Releasing an earsplitting squawk of agony, Wind manages to hop to his feet, but is unable to follow through with his next attack due to the damage to his wing…


Dragon and starter pokemon looked towards the aggressive Spearow. Without looking away, Dragon asked, "You okay, Wind?" Wind gave a reasuring squawk and nodded. Zephyr was pleased with his little bird, he knew it must be in pain. But wouldn't be much longer before he had a second bird. But now time to get a couple good hits to end this.

Dragon started to mumble to himself, "I think that last attack made it even more aggressive. Wait, that's it! It'll just keep attacking. So, if Wind just dodges it's attacks, Spearow will run out of energy, it's tired already. Then a well placed tackle will put it out cold!"

He turned to Wind, "Dodge all of his attacks. It will tire him out, and make him look like an idiot. Then tackle him when he's tired. It is a matter of brains over blind rage. And you get your ravenge." Wind was happy with the plan, and he could put up with the pain a bit longer. Now all that was left to wait and keep ready.

Dragon got out and readied his Friend Ball to reap the rewards of the first battle of his adventure, and hopefully make it tamer, too.

enchantress
29th October 2006, 3:24 PM
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Completely overcome by Natu’s furious attack, Bud is at a loss as to what to do next. Knowing she has to get this psycho bird off of her, she charges toward the tombstone, hitting it head-on with Tackle. Thankfully having Natu on her face protects her from taking too much damage, but the same can’t be said for Natu who was the meat in the sandwich between Bud and the tombstone. Natu drops like a brick, looking dazed before realising it is once again sitting upon the grave it had been so viciously protecting. That familiar spark of rage then returns to its eyes before it lunges insanely for Bud yet again who is ready this time and meets the tiny bird with a head-on Tackle. Lucky size does matter in this instance, as Bud has come off the victor in this showdown as Natu is once more sent reeling back and smashing into the gravestone. Natu isn’t giving in easily though, hopping back to it’s feet and staring back at Bud with such rage in it’s eyes that it scares you. Natu isn’t looking all too hot though. It may have a lot of spunk but it’s wearing down, panting heavily as it glares directly into Bud’s eyes…

Note: Please post your signature with your reply so I have immediate information on hand regarding your Pokémon’s statistics should I need them.


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
With Wind now injured, you feel the only way to really handle the remainder of this battle is to go on the defensive. Relaying your instructions to Wind, he nods his understanding before eyeing Spearow closely. He doesn’t need to wait long as Spearow is determined to attack while Wind is weak, and as it darts in for the kill Wind hops to the side at the last moment, just managing to dodge the attack. Spearow, furious at having been tricked, circles around and swoops back in, but this time Wind takes a dive for the ground while Spearow soars over top of him, so close that Wind can feel Spearow’s talons scrape the feathers on his back. Even more infuriated to have been outwitted twice, Spearow comes in for a third attack, this time darting to the left at the last possible moment - just as Wind hops in the opposite direction. He was lucky that time, but Spearow is onto his cat and mouse game now so who knows how long it will be before Spearow correctly guesses the direction in which Wind is going to dodge? At this point you can only hope that keeping Spearow moving will tire it out sooner rather than later.

Note: Nowhere in my previous update did I state that Spearow was tired. Please don’t assume anything.


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Deciding you’d like to take Poliwag along with you on the next stage of your adventure, you throw a Pokéball toward the KO’d tadpole and watch with baited breath as the small red and white sphere bounces off it before the capture beam shoots out and sucks Poliwag in. You’re soon distracted from the Pokéball as it begins to wobble on the ground however, when a deafening mechanical scream grabs your attention. Looking up you see a small aircraft which is leaving a smoke trail behind, spiralling toward the ocean before crashing into the water approximately twenty metres offshore. Staring at the wreckage, you’re not quite sure what to do as you’re too stunned to react instantly until Kaio prods you in the leg, pointing toward the Pokéball you had just thrown which now contains a Lv.5 male Poliwag…

Jonouchi
30th October 2006, 2:07 AM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Deciding you’d like to take Poliwag along with you on the next stage of your adventure, you throw a Pokéball toward the KO’d tadpole and watch with baited breath as the small red and white sphere bounces off it before the capture beam shoots out and sucks Poliwag in. You’re soon distracted from the Pokéball as it begins to wobble on the ground however, when a deafening mechanical scream grabs your attention. Looking up you see a small aircraft which is leaving a smoke trail behind, spiralling toward the ocean before crashing into the water approximately twenty metres offshore. Staring at the wreckage, you’re not quite sure what to do as you’re too stunned to react instantly until Kaio prods you in the leg, pointing toward the Pokéball you had just thrown which now contains a Lv.5 male Poliwag…

Ricco tossed a Fast Ball straight towards the now fainted Poliwag, which encased the Pokemon into the red and white ball. The ball began to wiggle around, but as soon as that occured, Ricco heard something.

"What's that?" He said.

He looks up to see a plane. It was high up, but smoke came out of the engine and was headed in Ricco's general direction. Ricco had no clue what to do, but had to get out of the way immediately, so he ran to the left. Luckily the crash was nowhere near him, and landed off shore about twenty meters from him. Ricco was shocked at the thought of him nearly dying from the crash, or that there was even a crash period! He was just lucky that it veered off his course.

"That was scary!" He said. "What should I do?!"

Just then, Mudkip nudged Ricco and pointed to his Pokeball, lying on the ground. Poliwag was nowhere in sight, so it appeared that he did catch it after all.

"I almost forgot about you." He said as he ran to his newly caught Pokemon.

He lifts up the pokeball and welcomes him to the team, then concentrates on his next priority: The wreckage in the water.

"Alright, let's help them out!" Ricco said.

Ricco didn't know what to do. He could swim out there, but he would be at risk of drowning if he went that far. Was there any people on it at all?

"Alright." He said. "I think we should wait till we see people come out, and if there are, we help them. Ok, Kaio?"

Kaio nodded to these orders and waited for the people to come out, should there be any.

Dragon 11
1st November 2006, 10:54 PM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
With Wind now injured, you feel the only way to really handle the remainder of this battle is to go on the defensive. Relaying your instructions to Wind, he nods his understanding before eyeing Spearow closely. He doesn’t need to wait long as Spearow is determined to attack while Wind is weak, and as it darts in for the kill Wind hops to the side at the last moment, just managing to dodge the attack. Spearow, furious at having been tricked, circles around and swoops back in, but this time Wind takes a dive for the ground while Spearow soars over top of him, so close that Wind can feel Spearow’s talons scrape the feathers on his back. Even more infuriated to have been outwitted twice, Spearow comes in for a third attack, this time darting to the left at the last possible moment - just as Wind hops in the opposite direction. He was lucky that time, but Spearow is onto his cat and mouse game now so who knows how long it will be before Spearow correctly guesses the direction in which Wind is going to dodge? At this point you can only hope that keeping Spearow moving will tire it out sooner rather than later.

Note: Nowhere in my previous update did I state that Spearow was tired. Please don’t assume anything.

A nice cooling breeze felt good to both sides of the match, especially the Flying-type trainer, also blowing his black jeans and blue tee-shirt, that hot August afternoon before leaving. "But atleast there's no humidity," Dragon optimistically said, flashing back to when he visited Slateport City seven years ago exactly ago and all the humidity of the summer, but calling himself back as Wing dodged a third attack, this one even closer. He looked and saw his Pidgey chirping a laugh at the obsurdity of the last round as walked up to him and applied a Poition to Wind's wing.

Then Pidgey said, in pokemon lauguage, "This is all reminicent of a Matador and a Bull."

Dragon, who vaguely knew what his starter was saying, said, "Hey matador, you want to end this?" Pidgey nodded. "Good, use Thorns, then a Faint Attack get behind it and hit it with a Steel Wing!"

Wind nodded again and turned towards his opponent, "You're good, you almost got me that last time."
"You're not bad yourself," replied Spearow, warming up to its opponent, "I might just tag along and spar with you."
"Probably," said Wind, looking at his trainer grasping a pokeball in his right hand ready to throw, and smiling then back at his opponent, "I would like that."
"So, lets begin," nudged the Spearow, getting ready.
"Fine by me," Wind smirked, readying himself as well, as another breeze came over to battlefield.

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
2nd November 2006, 3:34 AM
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

Weebos http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Completely overcome by Natu’s furious attack, Bud is at a loss as to what to do next. Knowing she has to get this psycho bird off of her, she charges toward the tombstone, hitting it head-on with Tackle. Thankfully having Natu on her face protects her from taking too much damage, but the same can’t be said for Natu who was the meat in the sandwich between Bud and the tombstone. Natu drops like a brick, looking dazed before realising it is once again sitting upon the grave it had been so viciously protecting. That familiar spark of rage then returns to its eyes before it lunges insanely for Bud yet again who is ready this time and meets the tiny bird with a head-on Tackle. Lucky size does matter in this instance, as Bud has come off the victor in this showdown as Natu is once more sent reeling back and smashing into the gravestone. Natu isn’t giving in easily though, hopping back to it’s feet and staring back at Bud with such rage in it’s eyes that it scares you. Natu isn’t looking all too hot though. It may have a lot of spunk but it’s wearing down, panting heavily as it glares directly into Bud’s eyes…

Note: Please post your signature with your reply so I have immediate information on hand regarding your Pokémon’s statistics should I need them.



Piercing cries echo through the yard of graves as the living inhabitants resume their heated conflict. The nefarious Natu continues its assault on Bud’s head. Bud, in an effort to remove her purple plumed parasite, charges straight into the tombstone. Natu gets squished and tumbles from its perch. It rises unsteadily and, realizing it is once again on the grave, turns toward Bud, murder burning in its eyes. Natu throws itself at Bud, only to be met with a terrific Tackle, once again flinging the tiny terror with a resounding thud into the gravestone. “What is this gravestone made of?” Weebos asks nobody in particular. “Furthermore, what is this Natu made of?” he wonders as Natu rights itself again, perseverant and ready for another round. ‘The little bird isn’t looking too hot,’ Weebos thought, “I’ll have to finish it soon because Bud isn’t in peak condition either.’ Suddenly, Weebos puts away his pokeball and pulls out a TM and a little pouch. Turning to Bud he says, “I think this is a good time to use these, eh Bud?” The green dinosaur nodded and Weebos fed her three rare candies and gave her the TM.
-Bud grew to level 8! She learned Razor Leaf and Bubblebeam!-
“Now!” Weebos said confidently, looking down at his friend. “It is time we show this squirt we mean business, Bud use Razor Leaf and Bubblebeam!” As he commanded this Weebos threw his arm into the arm and brought it down, pointing straight at Natu, meeting the staring bird’s gaze. Bud shook her head at her trainer’s theatrics, but nonetheless was invigorated by the chance of showing off her new techniques.

OOC: I used the candies on Bud in the bank previously and the TMs I taught her are in my regi.

enchantress
25th November 2006, 1:26 PM
Weebos: Unless you’re interested in attempting to capture Natu, you’re free to move out of the Arcane Realm and into the zones. If you decide to stay for the duration of this battle, I’ll have an update up for you within 36 hours as I’m planning on updating this zone much more regularly over the next few weeks. If not, best of luck in the zones, and please don’t forget to check with ZO’s regarding capped zones before posting an intro.


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
You’ve lost one star for self-updating, among other things. If you have questions about this, PM me.

Deciding to apply a Potion to Wind’s injured wing, both birds give you the strangest look, a look which can’t help but make you feel slightly uncomfortable. Wind then looks at his wing, feeling a slight numbing sensation, but it’s still as limp as before, if not a little more, which doesn’t boost his spirits at all. Spearow watches with a gleam in it’s eye, obviously feeling it has this battle in the bag, and doesn’t even wait for Wind to attack, hopping in to Peck him right between the eyes before turning tail and flying off in the opposite direction. Wind, his eyes watering heavily, flaps his good wing fast and hard enough to unleash a special move taught to him and causing small thorn-like projectiles to zip through the air after Spearow, hitting it in the behind as it flies away. Spearow releases a shocked screech, and though the combined factors of Thorns being a Grass Type Move with Wind’s injured wing has caused the move to be far less effective than it would be when used by a Grass Type Pokémon, the burning sensation in Spearow’s butt has caught it’s attention. Turning around and streaking back toward Wind full speed, Spearow Growls ferociously, and although Spearow has scared Wind slightly, Wind is too focused upon winning this battle to shy away from the angry bird. Waiting for the last possible moment before making his move, Wind uses Faint Attack, disappearing before Spearow makes contact, only to reappear a moment later with his good wing glinting brightly with a metallic sheen before whacking it down onto Spearow’s skull as hard as he can. Spearow takes a dive for the ground, landing face-first in the sand, while Wind appears pleased to have at last been able to prove he’s not as incompetent as it first appeared. It’s hardly his fault he was injured, he had only been following instructions…


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Scooping up your newly captured Poliwag, you focus upon the plane wreckage in the water, deciding it’s safer to stay here and wait to see if anyone comes out rather than to swim out and check to see if there are any trapped and drowning survivors. Lucky for you the door on the side of the plane swings open and a tiny man who appears to be in his mid fifties leaps out of the hatch with a box in his arms, tucking it under one arm as high out of the water as possible and using the other to swim awkwardly toward the shore.

Panting heavily, he finally ends up on the beach, dragging himself onto the sand before putting the box down and hurriedly tearing open the top. He doesn’t even appear to have noticed you, more concerned about the contents of the box than anything, and upon looking inside releases a mournful cry of dismay. “This can’t be!” he wails, “All of my work is DESTROYED!”

Weebos, Purveyor of Great Fun
25th November 2006, 4:31 PM
Thank you very much Tess for updating me in this realm of arcaneity and putting up with me, I think I shall be off to other zones now. Good luck Dragon and Jonouchi.

Jonouchi
25th November 2006, 5:03 PM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Scooping up your newly captured Poliwag, you focus upon the plane wreckage in the water, deciding it’s safer to stay here and wait to see if anyone comes out rather than to swim out and check to see if there are any trapped and drowning survivors. Lucky for you the door on the side of the plane swings open and a tiny man who appears to be in his mid fifties leaps out of the hatch with a box in his arms, tucking it under one arm as high out of the water as possible and using the other to swim awkwardly toward the shore.

Panting heavily, he finally ends up on the beach, dragging himself onto the sand before putting the box down and hurriedly tearing open the top. He doesn’t even appear to have noticed you, more concerned about the contents of the box than anything, and upon looking inside releases a mournful cry of dismay. “This can’t be!” he wails, “All of my work is DESTROYED!”

Ricco didn't really want to risk drowning while saving others; Mudkip didn't either. They both waited for someone to come out. That was when Ricco saw someone pop out of the boat and into the water.
"Who's that?" Ricco asked. Mudkip was confused as well.
The man was swimming towards his area of the Ocean. To Ricco's suprise, he didn't look like he needed any help, but that box looked heavy.
"Let's give him a hand." Ricco said. "Okay Kaio?" Kaio agreed and helped Ricco out
Ricco runs into the water and decides to help him, but upon reaching head-inch water, the man made it onto the shore, carrying the box with him. Ricco just floated there, wondering why he was ignored. Ricco swam back to the mainland and looked at the man nearby, looking at his box.
"I wonder what happened?" Ricco said to himself.
He turns to Mudkip and patted on its head.
"You fought well against that Poliwag, Kaio." He said. "Keep it up and you'll do fine."
Mudkip let out a happy cheer. They both hear a shocked cry coming from the man nearby.
"Uh-Oh..." Ricco said. "Better find out what happened. Kaio, stay here and watch the boat to see if there's anyone else coming out. If there's more, let me know immediately."
Mudkip nodded a yes as Ricco ran over to the man with the box.
"This can’t be!” he wails, “All of my work is DESTROYED!”
"Uh..excuse me, sir?" He said. "What's destroyed? What's going on?"
Whatever Ricco expected, it probably wasn't good news.

Dragon 11
25th November 2006, 5:59 PM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
You’ve lost one star for self-updating, among other things. If you have questions about this, PM me.

Deciding to apply a Potion to Wind’s injured wing, both birds give you the strangest look, a look which can’t help but make you feel slightly uncomfortable. Wind then looks at his wing, feeling a slight numbing sensation, but it’s still as limp as before, if not a little more, which doesn’t boost his spirits at all. Spearow watches with a gleam in it’s eye, obviously feeling it has this battle in the bag, and doesn’t even wait for Wind to attack, hopping in to Peck him right between the eyes before turning tail and flying off in the opposite direction. Wind, his eyes watering heavily, flaps his good wing fast and hard enough to unleash a special move taught to him and causing small thorn-like projectiles to zip through the air after Spearow, hitting it in the behind as it flies away. Spearow releases a shocked screech, and though the combined factors of Thorns being a Grass Type Move with Wind’s injured wing has caused the move to be far less effective than it would be when used by a Grass Type Pokémon, the burning sensation in Spearow’s butt has caught it’s attention. Turning around and streaking back toward Wind full speed, Spearow Growls ferociously, and although Spearow has scared Wind slightly, Wind is too focused upon winning this battle to shy away from the angry bird. Waiting for the last possible moment before making his move, Wind uses Faint Attack, disappearing before Spearow makes contact, only to reappear a moment later with his good wing glinting brightly with a metallic sheen before whacking it down onto Spearow’s skull as hard as he can. Spearow takes a dive for the ground, landing face-first in the sand, while Wind appears pleased to have at last been able to prove he’s not as incompetent as it first appeared. It’s hardly his fault he was injured, he had only been following instructions…

Oops, thanks for the explaination (Better to lean these things now(I never knew you couldn't choose the weather, but I understand the thing with the Spearow), and I didn't know I was so controvesial.

When Dragon got a strange look he knew he did something wrong. He ruined the chance for a fair fight between them, and the numbing even made it harder for Wind to move! But he is distracted by the Spearow who had come in and Pecked Wind before fleeing. With that, the Pidgey clicked. And flapping his wings and focusing on his wing used the move acidently taught to him by a magic rose, Thorns. With a flap of his wings, dozens off thorns shot at the fleeing Spearow. With this, the Spearow came flying back, unleashing a Growl, but Wind is concintrating on its good wing. At the last second Wind used Faint Attack behind the Spearow then uses all the power he had tranfered into his good wing for a Steel Wing knocking his opponent into the sand.

"Revenge is sweet," mummbled Wind, "we should do that again sometime."
Dragon who only vaguely knew what Wind meant from body languange countered, "Don't get ahead of yourself, its not over yet. When it gets up use wait for it to attack first then Faint Attack behind it and Tackle its right wing, then try to get another Steel Wing in. If it doesn't get up, leave it to me." With that, he gripped the Pokeball harder and backed up a few feet, and saw Wind do the same, but with more difficulty giving Dragon another guilt trip. "I'll take them to the PokeCenter back in Meddi Ville," he promised himself, trying to hide his guilt for both pokemon, "The Spearow did attack first," he added.

Wind wasn't having any guilt, it was hard to get him in a rage but it was even harder to get him out. He was tempted to hit the Spearow, but wanted to finish it off fair. But he was determined to finish this battle next turn.

enchantress
29th November 2006, 7:49 PM
Weebos: No problem. In future though, try to pay attention to hints your updator may be giving you. One of the main reasons I kept you here this long is because you weren’t picking up on what I was trying to tell you. I was disappointed you didn’t pick up on the hints I was giving you each update, but meh *shrugs* Try to look a little deeper from now on or you may inadvertently skip over something which could turn into a bigger adventure.


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Better.

Both Pokémon are breathing heavily, the desert heat combined with the length of this battle wearing them down. Wind may be injured, but after that last round of battle Spearow not only has a burning butt, but one hell of a headache. It hops up from the ground, a little wobbly on its feet, and takes a moment to refocus it’s eyes only to note Wind’s smug expression which only enrages it further. Not stopping to think, Spearow goes straight for the kill, darting toward Wind with fire in its eyes. Wind is prepared though, with a much cooler head he’s able to use tactic and pulls the same vanishing act he had last round, Faint Attacking out of Spearow’s path only to reappear, launching his full body weight into his opponent. Both Pokémon roll across the sandy desert in a ball of flying feathers, pecking and clawing insanely at one another. Wind tries his best to break free, but his injured wing is making the task very difficult indeed. Putting all of his remaining energy into gathering the strength to rip his good wing free of Spearow’s grasp, Wind somehow manages to free it and you watch as the familiar silvery metallic sheen glints brightly in the sunlight. Spearow sees it coming however, and manages to evade it at the last moment, only just managing to gain enough speed and height to dart up and around before coming back at Wind and Flying full-force into the tired bird. The collision sees both Pokémon crash to the ground and you watch for a few moments to see what happens next. But nothing does. Taking a few steps closer you see this battle has resulted in a double KO. Watcha gunna do?


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Approaching the distressed man who is on his knees and grasping his hair in total frustration, you ask what is wrong. Finally noticing he’s not alone, the man stares at you for a moment as though trying to register the words you have spoken, before returning his gaze to the box sitting silently on the sand.

“The ores I’ve spent months mining were destroyed in the crash! Some were burned, melting after an electrical fire started mid-air, some are sitting at the bottom of the ocean and the remaining ones I have stored in this box are water damaged! I’ve had to travel all across the land to complete the collection for the ingredients needed to power my Flight Simulator and they’re ruined along with the Aerial Podium prototype which was smashed to smithereens in the plane!”

Staring back out at the plane wreckage which slips beneath the surface of the water while you both watch, he appears to have forgotten you’re there. “What am I going to do?” he wails to the sky before frustratedly beating his fists in the sand…

Dragon 11
1st December 2006, 1:41 AM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Better.

Both Pokémon are breathing heavily, the desert heat combined with the length of this battle wearing them down. Wind may be injured, but after that last round of battle Spearow not only has a burning butt, but one hell of a headache. It hops up from the ground, a little wobbly on its feet, and takes a moment to refocus it’s eyes only to note Wind’s smug expression which only enrages it further. Not stopping to think, Spearow goes straight for the kill, darting toward Wind with fire in its eyes. Wind is prepared though, with a much cooler head he’s able to use tactic and pulls the same vanishing act he had last round, Faint Attacking out of Spearow’s path only to reappear, launching his full body weight into his opponent. Both Pokémon roll across the sandy desert in a ball of flying feathers, pecking and clawing insanely at one another. Wind tries his best to break free, but his injured wing is making the task very difficult indeed. Putting all of his remaining energy into gathering the strength to rip his good wing free of Spearow’s grasp, Wind somehow manages to free it and you watch as the familiar silvery metallic sheen glints brightly in the sunlight. Spearow sees it coming however, and manages to evade it at the last moment, only just managing to gain enough speed and height to dart up and around before coming back at Wind and Flying full-force into the tired bird. The collision sees both Pokémon crash to the ground and you watch for a few moments to see what happens next. But nothing does. Taking a few steps closer you see this battle has resulted in a double KO. Watcha gunna do?

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I suppose...
Trying to add more drama without breaking any rules... ('tis hard to balance the yin and the yang of writing a reply [/guru mode])

Wind was tired, but so was the Spearow. "Now or never," he told himself and watched as the Spearow can at him, but vanished right before he got hit, reappearing behind the attacker. Then he tackled the Spearow right to the ground. Once they we're on the ground, they two birds started to peck and claw at one another. "If I can just get my wing in position...," whined Wind, "There!" With that he rose his good wing, which was now a reflective beckon that blocked Dragon from seeing what happened next, but Spearow had too good sight and dodged out of the wings way, swooping out then doubling back at Wind. "I don't have anything left, I down with this...," moaned Wind, but in one last optimism said, "But so is he!"

"Wind! Wind!" yelled Dragon as reached and picked up his first pokemon, guiltier than before. A tear or two dropped from Dragon's eyes when he saw his pokemon in pain. "Well. no need to have this all in vain, I suppose..." mumbled Dragon throwing a pokeball at the Spearow his Pidgey defeated, but with slightly less gusto then if he would have won. "Don't worry, I'll get you to a PokeCenter. There's one in Medi Ville, thats not far away," said Dragon putting pokemon back in it's pokeball. He wiped his eyes and looked out to see if he caught the Spearow, then he'd be off to the Medi Ville pokecenter. He'd make up his mistakes in one way or another...

Jonouchi
1st December 2006, 2:56 AM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Approaching the distressed man who is on his knees and grasping his hair in total frustration, you ask what is wrong. Finally noticing he’s not alone, the man stares at you for a moment as though trying to register the words you have spoken, before returning his gaze to the box sitting silently on the sand.

“The ores I’ve spent months mining were destroyed in the crash! Some were burned, melting after an electrical fire started mid-air, some are sitting at the bottom of the ocean and the remaining ones I have stored in this box are water damaged! I’ve had to travel all across the land to complete the collection for the ingredients needed to power my Flight Simulator and they’re ruined along with the Aerial Podium prototype which was smashed to smithereens in the plane!”

Staring back out at the plane wreckage which slips beneath the surface of the water while you both watch, he appears to have forgotten you’re there. “What am I going to do?” he wails to the sky before frustratedly beating his fists in the sand…

Ricco walked up to the man near his box to ask if he was alright. The man looked at him and saw that he was upset. Ricco didn't like that feeling at all. The man looked back at his box and what was in it.
“The ores I’ve spent months mining were destroyed in the crash! Some were burned, melting after an electrical fire started mid-air, some are sitting at the bottom of the ocean and the remaining ones I have stored in this box are water damaged!"
Ricco was disappointed at all the hard work this man had lost. No one likes to lose what they worked hard on, not even Ricco.
"I’ve had to travel all across the land to complete the collection for the ingredients needed to power my Flight Simulator and they’re ruined along with the Aerial Podium prototype which was smashed to smithereens in the plane!”
"That's horrible!" Ricco said with worry in his eyes. "Is there any way I can help?"
Ricco turns his head back to the sea as he notices the plane sinking back into the water. Ricco ran over to the beachside and saw the tail of the plane go down.
"What do we do now, Kaio?" Ricco asked his Mudkip.
Mudkip turned to Ricco and looked back at the sea.
"Do you think we have any way to help that man?" Ricco asked Kaio. Kaio nodded a no.
"Yeah. Probably not."
Ricco looked back at the man who began to yell into the sky.
"What am I going to do?" he screams.
"I wonder if there's a way to get them back from underwater, despite it probably being ruined." He asked himself. "Maybe he might know where to get some more."
Ricco went back to the man, who was beating the sand with his fists.
"Like I said, is there any way I can help you?" He asked again. "I know your work meant a lot to you, but I think I might help you. The ores in the water, do you think they're still unharmed?"
Ricco wanted to do all he could to help this man, but he might face some problems if he had to go out into the water.

enchantress
2nd December 2006, 10:02 AM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Your feelings of triumph are short-lived when you realise that Wind has been KO’d, but rather than look at the negative, you feel it better to look on the bright side. Not wanting Wind to have gone through all of this for nothing, you toss the Pokéball you’ve been holding toward the fainted Spearow before racing over and tending to Wind, not even looking to see if your capture is successful. Scanning Pidgey’s bruised and battered body, you can’t help but feel a pang of guilt. Trainers often forget the brutality of battle when their thoughts are focused on the end prize of victory, but this defeat has made you realise there is more to battling than meets the eyes. Your Pokémon must always come first, and right now you’re going to see that Wind is cared for before continuing with your adventure.

Scooping him gently up in your arms, you assure him all will be well, before returning your attention to the small red and white sphere which is now sitting quietly on the desert sand, it’s green light signalling the successful capture of a Lv.5 male Spearow. Lifting the Pokéball from the ground, you tuck it safely away before retracing your steps, leaving this vast wasteland behind. If only one thing is certain at this point in time, it's that these arid and unforgiving plains have taught you a very valuable lesson…

Hours later, walking along the main street of the quaint little farming village of Mediville, you’re pleasantly surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops are a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through, but your main concern right now is to locate the Pokémon Centre. Fortunately it isn’t easy to miss, the small stone building with its large Pokéball design over the entrance standing out instantly amidst the other buildings. It’s the hive of activity going on outside of the PokéCentre which has your attention however. Ambulances are parked outside, their lights flashing brightly, and while you stand there watching another ambulance comes screaming up the street from behind. You feel the desperate breeze of the vehicle’s mad dash to the Pokémon Centre as it flies past you, the siren deafening, while Pokémon Centre staff, ambulance officers, and villagers alike are bustling around carrying hordes of injured Pokémon inside. Some look burned, most have broken limbs, and some, gathering from the mounting piles of cloth-covered lumps beside the building, haven’t made it.

It is then that a nurse spies you standing there and rushes over. “Oh my!” she cries, “You’ve found another one! Quickly, bring it inside!”, and while she rushes you toward the door, you can hear the terrified wailing of a small child. Looking to your left, you see a girl of about six, covered in soot and screaming her lungs out. Her little hands are bunched into fists at her side as she stand there. Tears are streaming down her face, leaving wet paths trailing down her soot covered face, but with all of the activity nobody has noticed her. “Caaaaaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” she cries, the sound more of an hysterical scream than a cry, “Caaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Where are you Can-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!”


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Wanting to help the man, but not exactly sure what it is you can do for him, you once again offer to help. He looks at you for a moment, not even seeming to contemplate this, before looking back out to the swirling water which had just consumed what was left of his plane.

“The ores in the water cannot be used now,” he replies with a tone of resignation. “They’ve been contaminated by the impurities in the water and are useless. The only choice I have is to gather more, but with the tournament only three weeks away I have no hope of collecting them as well as rebuilding the prototype in ti...”

Stopping suddenly, an expression of hope glitters in his eyes as he looks back at you. “You!” he cries, pointing at you in a way that makes you wonder if you’ve done the right thing by offering your services. “You can help!”

He then begins walking in circles, trailing his fingers through his thinning hair while muttering to himself. “Three weeks… three weeks to collect the ores and rebuild the podium. The podium can be completed in two weeks, the fusion work in one. That leaves no time for testing, but it can be done…”

Turning back to you, the man grins broadly. “Can I ask you to collect the ores for me while I rebuild my flight simulator? I have no chance of getting it ready for the tournament alone, but with your help I may just be able to pull it off. This will require you to travel to all corners of the land, but I can lend you a small aircraft and pilot who will fly you to the destinations you need to reach.”

He then covers his mouth with one hand, his eyes bulging. “My goodness!” he exclaims, turning bright red. “How rude of me not to introduce myself! My name is Loft. Professor Loft, and I’m a leading researcher in the field of Pokémon Aerial Dynamics!”

Grabbing your hand, he shakes it profusely, a large and happy grin on his face. You can’t help but wonder what it is you’ve gotten yourself in for, and even though Professor Loft appears slightly eccentric you can’t help but be a little curious about his work…

Jonouchi
3rd December 2006, 12:06 AM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Wanting to help the man, but not exactly sure what it is you can do for him, you once again offer to help. He looks at you for a moment, not even seeming to contemplate this, before looking back out to the swirling water which had just consumed what was left of his plane.

“The ores in the water cannot be used now,” he replies with a tone of resignation. “They’ve been contaminated by the impurities in the water and are useless. The only choice I have is to gather more, but with the tournament only three weeks away I have no hope of collecting them as well as rebuilding the prototype in ti...”

Stopping suddenly, an expression of hope glitters in his eyes as he looks back at you. “You!” he cries, pointing at you in a way that makes you wonder if you’ve done the right thing by offering your services. “You can help!”

He then begins walking in circles, trailing his fingers through his thinning hair while muttering to himself. “Three weeks… three weeks to collect the ores and rebuild the podium. The podium can be completed in two weeks, the fusion work in one. That leaves no time for testing, but it can be done…”

Turning back to you, the man grins broadly. “Can I ask you to collect the ores for me while I rebuild my flight simulator? I have no chance of getting it ready for the tournament alone, but with your help I may just be able to pull it off. This will require you to travel to all corners of the land, but I can lend you a small aircraft and pilot who will fly you to the destinations you need to reach.”

He then covers his mouth with one hand, his eyes bulging. “My goodness!” he exclaims, turning bright red. “How rude of me not to introduce myself! My name is Loft. Professor Loft, and I’m a leading researcher in the field of Pokémon Aerial Dynamics!”

Grabbing your hand, he shakes it profusely, a large and happy grin on his face. You can’t help but wonder what it is you’ve gotten yourself in for, and even though Professor Loft appears slightly eccentric you can’t help but be a little curious about his work…

'I feel that he's desperate about this.' He thought. 'What should I do?'
Ricco had listened to Professor Loft's story, about the Tournament and the flight simulator and with the Professor asking for his help, he didn't want to leave him to his work. Ricco felt bad for this man and wanted to do whatever he could to help him. Ricco was a little nervous of the idea of travelling across the region to help this man find ores. Even though the only thing he cared about was the tournament he mentioned.

"I'd be glad to help you." Ricco said. "Can you just excuse us one moment?"
Ricco brushed the Professor's hands off of him and ran to his Mudkip.
"What do you say, buddy?" he said. "Want to help this guy out?"
Mudkip jumped up and down in excitement. Ricco knew this adventure was going to be rough, but he wanted to help him if the Professor wanted to finish the tournament. He didn't have much doubt within him.
"I'm as excited as you are, we're going on an adventure! A real one!"
He took Mudkip and went back to the Professor to agree in helping him out.

"We'd love to help you out. Just tell me where to go and we'll be there." Ricco said. "Three weeks, that'd be plenty of time to help out."
Ricco awaited his response, but forgot to ask another thing.
"Oh, one more thing. Can I enter this tournament when we're done?"
As he awaited his response, he had another question to ask.
"So, where can we find the ores you're talking about? are they spread across the Arcane Realm?"

Dragon 11
5th December 2006, 1:37 AM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Your feelings of triumph are short-lived when you realise that Wind has been KO’d, but rather than look at the negative, you feel it better to look on the bright side. Not wanting Wind to have gone through all of this for nothing, you toss the Pokéball you’ve been holding toward the fainted Spearow before racing over and tending to Wind, not even looking to see if your capture is successful. Scanning Pidgey’s bruised and battered body, you can’t help but feel a pang of guilt. Trainers often forget the brutality of battle when their thoughts are focused on the end prize of victory, but this defeat has made you realise there is more to battling than meets the eyes. Your Pokémon must always come first, and right now you’re going to see that Wind is cared for before continuing with your adventure.

Scooping him gently up in your arms, you assure him all will be well, before returning your attention to the small red and white sphere which is now sitting quietly on the desert sand, it’s green light signalling the successful capture of a Lv.5 male Spearow. Lifting the Pokéball from the ground, you tuck it safely away before retracing your steps, leaving this vast wasteland behind. If only one thing is certain at this point in time, it's that these arid and unforgiving plains have taught you a very valuable lesson…

Hours later, walking along the main street of the quaint little farming village of Mediville, you’re pleasantly surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops are a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through, but your main concern right now is to locate the Pokémon Centre. Fortunately it isn’t easy to miss, the small stone building with its large Pokéball design over the entrance standing out instantly amidst the other buildings. It’s the hive of activity going on outside of the PokéCentre which has your attention however. Ambulances are parked outside, their lights flashing brightly, and while you stand there watching another ambulance comes screaming up the street from behind. You feel the desperate breeze of the vehicle’s mad dash to the Pokémon Centre as it flies past you, the siren deafening, while Pokémon Centre staff, ambulance officers, and villagers alike are bustling around carrying hordes of injured Pokémon inside. Some look burned, most have broken limbs, and some, gathering from the mounting piles of cloth-covered lumps beside the building, haven’t made it.

It is then that a nurse spies you standing there and rushes over. “Oh my!” she cries, “You’ve found another one! Quickly, bring it inside!”, and while she rushes you toward the door, you can hear the terrified wailing of a small child. Looking to your left, you see a girl of about six, covered in soot and screaming her lungs out. Her little hands are bunched into fists at her side as she stand there. Tears are streaming down her face, leaving wet paths trailing down her soot covered face, but with all of the activity nobody has noticed her. “Caaaaaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” she cries, the sound more of an hysterical scream than a cry, “Caaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Where are you Can-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!”

Technically, shouldn't I change the color of my posts now? Meh...

Dragon's legs were tired by the time he got close to the old-fashioned farming village. The sun was starting to set, giving everything a red tint as Dragon wandered peacefully through to the Pokemon Centre, admiring the laid-back atitude. But, when he got there he saw quite the commotion among the peaceful town. He looked around him to see people carrying burnt and broken pokemon. He got quite the disturbing feeling when he saw a growing mountain of cloth covered corses. This was interupted by loud sirens, flashing lights, and the wind off another frantic ambulence.

While he was taking all this chaos in, a nurse calls out to him, “Oh my! You’ve found another one! Quickly, bring it inside!”
"What's going on here!?" yelled Dragon, almost as frantic as the dire situation.
But he got sidetracked by a little girl, maybe six, yelling hysterically “Caaaaaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Caaaan-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Where are you Can-deeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?!”
"Can you take care of my Pidgey?" asked Dragon, "I'll be back in a sec." With that he ran to comfort the little girl. He also realized that his Tailow, Gale, is good at comforting people. By that time he was next to the girl and asked, "Hey there, its okay. I'll help you find Candee," while releasing Gale to comfort the girl.

enchantress
10th December 2006, 9:29 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Last update no, as you still needed to exit the Desert. This update yes, as you are now in Mediville.

Uneasy due to the hive of frantic activity around you, you know you can’t leave the small child standing there like that. Her distress is plain as day, and since nobody else has even noticed her, let alone tried to help her, you hand Wind over to the nurse before rushing to her side. Assuring her that everything will be ok, you offer to help find her missing Candee, waiting patiently for her hysterical cries to settle.

Releasing Gale in the hope of calming the girl, he sits on your shoulder chirping softly to help soothe the tiny child. After a minute or two her cries turn into wracking sobs, and while she stares at you through teary eyes, the expression of loss she silently conveys causes a gut-wrenching knot to tighten in your stomach.

“Th-there” she sobs, pointing to her right and staring off into the distance. “C-candy was th-there, but n-now I can’t f-find her.”

Following her gaze, you look back the way you had come to see a thick black smoke trail rising into the air…


Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
While the prospect of recovering ores holds no real appeal to you, the word, “Tournament” has managed to grab your attention. Mulling over this for a moment, you discuss the situation with Mudkip who appears extraordinarily eager to set out on a real adventure. Returning your attention to Professor Loft you agree to help, asking about the tournament as well as what it is he needs you to do.

Thrilled to receive a positive response, the Professor begins leading you away from the crash site and further down the beach while explaining the Annual Flying Pokémon Tournament is a yearly event held in a stadium atop the Forest of Adventure’s highest mountain peak. Only flying Pokémon may be entered in the tournament, but the Professor’s work on a Flight Simulator for non-flying types has proven promising. The Aerial Podium can “fly”, and is able to hold the weight of a Pokémon up to 65 pounds. The prototype has only ever had one trial run, but it was successful. Unfortunately it was destroyed in the crash which means it needs to be rebuilt, and quickly, since sign-ups for the tournament begin in two weeks, with the first round of battles starting the week after.

While taking all of this in, you hadn’t noticed how far you’d walked till you find yourself standing outside a modern-looking laboratory nestled into a small cove at the farthest northern point of the beach. You’re amazed to see there is even a small airstrip here, not large enough to land a large plane, but just the right size for small aircraft. There are two light planes sitting at the western end of the runway, identical to the one which you had seen crash into the ocean less than an hour before. The professor heads straight into the laboratory however, sifting through papers while muttering to himself before finally pulling out a list and handing it to you.

“These are the items I need you to collect,” he says, before rushing through another door and calling out to someone named Henry.

Reading over the list you see:


Forest of Adventure
1 large Sudowoodo root
5lbs Heracross dung

Graveyard
2 flasks Spectral Essence

Desert of Illusion
2 litres Cacturne sap

Silverton Ranges
3lbs Silver
2 Gold Nuggets
2.5 lbs Iron Ore

Mediville
Metalsmith - Melt Silver, Gold and Iron Ores

Wondering how you’re supposed to find these “ingredients”, or how they can possibly fuel the Aerial Podium, your thoughts are interrupted when Professor Loft returns to the room with a small man in tow whom you assume to be Henry. Eyeing him curiously, you take in his small round stature, balding head, chubby red cheeks and sky blue eyes which are magnified four times their natural size due to the thick horn-rimmed glasses he’s wearing. Upon seeing you Henry approaches with a bright smile, his friendly demeanour putting you at ease. Shaking your hand enthusiastically, Henry announces that he’s your guide for the next two weeks before turning to Professor Loft.

“Now that’s all sorted out there is no time to waste!” the Professor exclaims, practically shoving both you and Henry out the door. “Lady Hawk is fully fuelled and ready to go and I have work to do!”

The Professor then slams the laboratory door in your face before you have a chance to respond. Looking to Henry, you see him chuckling heartily.

“Take no notice of him,” Henry says, amused. “The Podium has been his life for the past three years and with it so close to becoming a marketable reality, he’s become so engrossed in his work that he sometimes forgets his manners. He’s really a friendly chap, very intelligent and sociable, but after this afternoon’s events, his only interest is in rebuilding the Podium. After all of this is over you’ll have the chance to see him for who he truly is - a wonderful man with a brilliant scientific mind.”

“The Professor is correct though,” Henry continues. “We don’t have much time to collect the ores, so hop on board, get yourself comfortable, and tell me where you’d like to go first.”

Leading you on board Lady Hawk, the second of the two light aircraft sitting on the airstrip, Henry buckles himself into the pilot’s seat, starts up the engine and sits patiently while you strap yourself into the passenger seat and take another look over the list…

Jonouchi
11th December 2006, 12:11 AM
Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Jonouchi http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
While the prospect of recovering ores holds no real appeal to you, the word, “Tournament” has managed to grab your attention. Mulling over this for a moment, you discuss the situation with Mudkip who appears extraordinarily eager to set out on a real adventure. Returning your attention to Professor Loft you agree to help, asking about the tournament as well as what it is he needs you to do.

Thrilled to receive a positive response, the Professor begins leading you away from the crash site and further down the beach while explaining the Annual Flying Pokémon Tournament is a yearly event held in a stadium atop the Forest of Adventure’s highest mountain peak. Only flying Pokémon may be entered in the tournament, but the Professor’s work on a Flight Simulator for non-flying types has proven promising. The Aerial Podium can “fly”, and is able to hold the weight of a Pokémon up to 65 pounds. The prototype has only ever had one trial run, but it was successful. Unfortunately it was destroyed in the crash which means it needs to be rebuilt, and quickly, since sign-ups for the tournament begin in two weeks, with the first round of battles starting the week after.

While taking all of this in, you hadn’t noticed how far you’d walked till you find yourself standing outside a modern-looking laboratory nestled into a small cove at the farthest northern point of the beach. You’re amazed to see there is even a small airstrip here, not large enough to land a large plane, but just the right size for small aircraft. There are two light planes sitting at the western end of the runway, identical to the one which you had seen crash into the ocean less than an hour before. The professor heads straight into the laboratory however, sifting through papers while muttering to himself before finally pulling out a list and handing it to you.

“These are the items I need you to collect,” he says, before rushing through another door and calling out to someone named Henry.

Reading over the list you see:


Forest of Adventure
1 large Sudowoodo root
5lbs Heracross dung

Graveyard
2 flasks Spectral Essence

Desert of Illusion
2 litres Cacturne sap

Silverton Ranges
3lbs Silver
2 Gold Nuggets
2.5 lbs Iron Ore

Mediville
Metalsmith - Melt Silver, Gold and Iron Ores

Wondering how you’re supposed to find these “ingredients”, or how they can possibly fuel the Aerial Podium, your thoughts are interrupted when Professor Loft returns to the room with a small man in tow whom you assume to be Henry. Eyeing him curiously, you take in his small round stature, balding head, chubby red cheeks and sky blue eyes which are magnified four times their natural size due to the thick horn-rimmed glasses he’s wearing. Upon seeing you Henry approaches with a bright smile, his friendly demeanour putting you at ease. Shaking your hand enthusiastically, Henry announces that he’s your guide for the next two weeks before turning to Professor Loft.

“Now that’s all sorted out there is no time to waste!” the Professor exclaims, practically shoving both you and Henry out the door. “Lady Hawk is fully fuelled and ready to go and I have work to do!”

The Professor then slams the laboratory door in your face before you have a chance to respond. Looking to Henry, you see him chuckling heartily.

“Take no notice of him,” Henry says, amused. “The Podium has been his life for the past three years and with it so close to becoming a marketable reality, he’s become so engrossed in his work that he sometimes forgets his manners. He’s really a friendly chap, very intelligent and sociable, but after this afternoon’s events, his only interest is in rebuilding the Podium. After all of this is over you’ll have the chance to see him for who he truly is - a wonderful man with a brilliant scientific mind.”

“The Professor is correct though,” Henry continues. “We don’t have much time to collect the ores, so hop on board, get yourself comfortable, and tell me where you’d like to go first.”

Leading you on board Lady Hawk, the second of the two light aircraft sitting on the airstrip, Henry buckles himself into the pilot’s seat, starts up the engine and sits patiently while you strap yourself into the passenger seat and take another look over the list…

Ricco listened to the discussion about the Flying Pokemon tournament and realized that he can't enter without flying Pokemon. Ricco didn't have any (Except for Baltoy, but Ricco thought he might not be allowed.) and was disappointed. Ricco then noticed that the "Flight Simulator" was for any non flying type Pokemon and that was what got destroyed in the crash. This motivated Ricco to get the job done faster. Who knows? With all of his efforts, he might get in for free.

Ricco soon arrived outside the main area of the Airport/Lab and was entered inside. Upon entrance Professor Loft handed him a list of the things he needed. Mudkip jumped onto his shoulder and read the list with him. Ricco, at first, never thought there would be that much, but looking at the list, he knew that it would take him a while to get them back. Some of them were unusual, some were a bit uneasy for his tastes, but if this would power up his Flight simulator, he would have to get it. The professor soon returned with a small man, who was named Henry.

"Nice to meet you, Henry." Ricco said. "I'm Ricco, and this is Mudkip."

Mudkip smiled and gave a cute "Mudkip" sound.

Ricco soon found out that he would be his guide for the next few weeks. Ricco was a little excited, but figured it wasn't going to be as easy as he expected. Before he can ask Professor Loft anymore questions, he left immediately and shut the door behind him.

“Take no notice of him,” Henry says, amused. “The Podium has been his life for the past three years and with it so close to becoming a marketable reality, he’s become so engrossed in his work that he sometimes forgets his manners. He’s really a friendly chap, very intelligent and sociable, but after this afternoon’s events, his only interest is in rebuilding the Podium. After all of this is over you’ll have the chance to see him for who he truly is - a wonderful man with a brilliant scientific mind.”
"I would imagine so." Ricco said. Mudkip agreed with him
“The Professor is correct though,” Henry continues. “We don’t have much time to collect the ores, so hop on board, get yourself comfortable, and tell me where you’d like to go first.”

Ricco hopped into the back seat of the Lady Hawk and scanned his list over again. There were so many things to get and so little time to get them all. Ricco scanned the list through and figured he should start from what he thought would be easier to find.

"Okay, Henry." he began. "How about we start off with the Desert of Illusion first. Now off we go!"

Ricco was excited that he was going to travel across the entire Arcane Realm. Mudkip peeked over the window of the plane as it prepared for takeoff. Ricco patted his Mudkip on the head and strapped himself in tight. It was sure going to be a bumpy ride.

Dragon 11
11th December 2006, 1:46 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Dragon11 http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gifhttp://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/custom/star.gif
Last update no, as you still needed to exit the Desert. This update yes, as you are now in Mediville.

Uneasy due to the hive of frantic activity around you, you know you can’t leave the small child standing there like that. Her distress is plain as day, and since nobody else has even noticed her, let alone tried to help her, you hand Wind over to the nurse before rushing to her side. Assuring her that everything will be ok, you offer to help find her missing Candee, waiting patiently for her hysterical cries to settle.

Releasing Gale in the hope of calming the girl, he sits on your shoulder chirping softly to help soothe the tiny child. After a minute or two her cries turn into wracking sobs, and while she stares at you through teary eyes, the expression of loss she silently conveys causes a gut-wrenching knot to tighten in your stomach.

“Th-there” she sobs, pointing to her right and staring off into the distance. “C-candy was th-there, but n-now I can’t f-find her.”

Following her gaze, you look back the way you had come to see a thick black smoke trail rising into the air…

Thanks for clearing up the color think, and sorry the post is kinda short, that all that was needed to be said, then a little more.

The little girl was calming off... vaguely. She may have calmed, but when his eyes met hers it was still sickeningly sad. If only everyone else was. “Th-there. C-candy was th-there, but n-now I can’t f-find her,” she said as she pointed off to a direction under billowing black smoke. This disheartened Dragon even more then the little girl. Even Gale's impenetrable optimism was shaken, but he forced himself to not let show.

Trying to stay strong for the girl's sake, Dragon said, "We'll find Candee," and held the girl's hand. "By the way, what's your name, dear? And who's Candee?" added Dragon, looking up to see Gale twenty feet above trying to get a view of where the smoke came from. Gale may have been able to convince most people, but Dragon knew Gale was sadder then him.

enchantress
18th December 2006, 4:02 PM
Alrighty, Jonouchi and Dragon 11, you're both free to move out of the Training Zone and into regular FB Zones. Unfortunately they're all capped at the moment, but that will be sorted out by the end of the month. Good luck to you both.


Jonouchi, you've improved a great deal since you started here, especially recently. Keep it up, and you'll be doing well in no time.

Dragon 11, you're taking far too much for granted. You could have done a lot more with that last reply, but chose not to. Remember not to create anything your updator hasn't mentioned, whether it be weather conditions or time of day. I'm tempted to keep you here a little longer, but I have a lot of work to get through in the next two weeks so I'd like this zone free ASAP. Try to keep in mind the points I mentioned via PM and you should be ok.


Note to ZA's and ZO's: I'm scrapping the star system in this zone but adding something else. If any updatees are not replying as they should be, you will have the option to send them into this zone. If you do this, the updatee in question will be restricted to this zone and this zone only until I say otherwise. This will be a last resort though, but I know of a few members who could end up here if they don't begin trying to put a little more effort into their replies.


EDIT: Pearl's Perap, you were replying well enough to move out of the training zone before you left. Now that you've returned, you may also move into regular zones. The Christmas break has delayed the work we've been doing in regards to getting our current zones sorted out, but we're in the final stages of development of the new system so you'll have active (and uncapped) zones to reply to before long.

PeeGee
31st May 2007, 12:01 PM
PikaGod slowly walked into Mediville. He looked around in amazement at the beautiful scenery of the farmland. Suddenly he was pushed onto the ground by something slamming into his back.

"What the?" PikaGod asked before noticing a small acorn-like pokemon running away.

"Nuzzles! You get back here!" he yelled playfully at his Seedot.

But Nuzzles kept running away from his trainer. PikaGod took about five minutes but he soon caught up to the grass-type.

"Hey Nuzzles, I have something for you," said PikaGod before slipping a Miracle Seed over the Seedot's acorn hat.

PikaGod stood up with Nuzzles beside him and awaited any challenges that befell him.

The Houndoom
3rd June 2007, 4:35 AM
The moon was full as it shone down on the Graveyard. Max slowly stepped into the large graveyard, as he stepped the twigs snapped beneath his feet. "hooowwwwwllllll" a cry sounded and Max jumped in fright. Houndour jumped out from behind a near-by grave and wagged its tail, he dropped a stick and pushed it towards Max. "Oh is that all you want, you scared me soooo much that I almost died besides Houndour we can't play! What if one of those ghosts come? Huh? What will we do then?" Max questioned the little pup, all Houndour did was stare and cocked its head in confusion. "Don't worry, just... come on already" Max said walking down the dark path to a large stone statue.

enchantress
3rd June 2007, 6:28 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you're surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops being a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you suddenly hear a shrill scream and turn in the direction from which it came from. Spying a Meowth streaking along the street toward you with something shiny in its mouth, you then see a woman appear, screaming, "STOP THIEF! STOP THAT MEOWTH!" What will you do?


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
The Houndoom: The sun is setting as you and your faithful Houndour enter the sombre grounds of the graveyard situated on the outskirts of the town of Mediville. All is quiet, and though the weather has cooled a little there is no obvious reason for the chill you feel run up your spine as your gaze falls upon row after row of gravestones before you. Max doesn't appear to mind your choice of locations to explore as he's more interested in playing instead, but nonetheless follows along as you head deeper into the cemetery. Beautiful shades of pink, yellow and orange color the sky as day slowly turns to night, but you're suddenly distracted when Max releases a startled yelp after a Teddiursa appears from behind one of the gravestones and launches itself at him in a frenzied and apparently unprovoked attack...

PeeGee
4th June 2007, 1:08 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you're surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops being a welcome change to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you suddenly hear a shrill scream and turn in the direction from which it came from. Spying a Meowth streaking along the street toward you with something shiny in its mouth, you then see a woman appear, screaming, "STOP THIEF! STOP THAT MEOWTH!" What will you do?

PikaGod stared at the cat pokemon before deciding to do something.

"Ok Nuzzles. Lets stop this thief! Try to annoy the Meowth and use bide if it attacks you!" ordered PikaGod.

Oh boy. Nuzzles doesn't actually know any damaging moves. I hope that he does ok, thought PikaGod, pretending that he was absolutely confident in his pokemon's abilities.

The Seedot looked up at his trainer and nodded. He ran towards the cat with his Miracle Seed dangling behind him.

The Houndoom
5th June 2007, 8:22 AM
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
The Houndoom: The sun is setting as you and your faithful Houndour enter the sombre grounds of the graveyard situated on the outskirts of the town of Mediville. All is quiet, and though the weather has cooled a little there is no obvious reason for the chill you feel run up your spine as your gaze falls upon row after row of gravestones before you. Max doesn't appear to mind your choice of locations to explore as he's more interested in playing instead, but nonetheless follows along as you head deeper into the cemetery. Beautiful shades of pink, yellow and orange color the sky as day slowly turns to night, but you're suddenly distracted when Max releases a startled yelp after a Teddiursa appears from behind one of the gravestones and launches itself at him in a frenzied and apparently unprovoked attack...

"Houndour!" MAx jumped back as his pokemon was attacked "Houndour... buddy, use an ember! Quickly aim for its belly" HE cried to Houndour in fright, the Teddiursa seemed strong and wasn't going to go down to easily... and it was only a little bear! Max noticed that there was nowhere the little pokemon could have come from! The graves looked scarier in such dim light but Houndour's ember lit up the area.

enchantress
5th June 2007, 9:19 AM
(Max is my charachter... Houndour is my houndour... sorry if i confused you... I'll stype in 1st-person if it helps)
My mistake. It was late, I was tired, the server kept crashing and I was pissed off so I rushed it, misreading your post in the process. Please don't use first person narrative though, I despise it.


For both of you, please read the Arcane Realm's very first rule and then reply to your updates again.

PeeGee
5th June 2007, 10:05 AM
I updated my post.

The Houndoom
7th June 2007, 3:03 AM
Sorry, it had more then four when i was posting but i should have checked afterwards

enchantress
7th June 2007, 7:09 PM
A note to both of you - When replying, think about the situation you're in. What are your thoughts? What are your feelings? Given a real life situation, and in the FB world your adventures are "real" in a sense, how will you react to whatever situation you've just found yourself in? Surely you're not going to come across something like an enraged Tauros and say, "Blaze, use Flamethrower!" Your initial reaction is going to be something along the lines of "Holy S***! WTF am I going to do now?!" You're most likely going to be ready to pee your pants, so RP that into your reply. Show some emotion. Show some feeling. Think about what you would do if you find yourself in the situation you're facing and RP it into your reply before you start thinking, "Blaze! use Flamethrower!" Trust me, your replies will be a hell of a lot more believable, and one thousand times better than charging straight in to attack. FB is about role playing so the sooner you start working on getting into character and putting as much into your replies as you can, the sooner you'll be free of me and out there adventuring in mainstream zones.



Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: Without even stopping to think, you immediately instruct Nuzzles to help the woman. Eager to be of assistance, Nuzzles obeys your orders, rushing toward Meowth in the hope of at least tripping it up since there isn't a great deal more he can do.

With his little miracle seed dangling behind, Nuzzles streaks into the path of Meowth, causing the thieving kitty to take a tumble, Nuzzle's miracle seed slamming it in the eye as both Pokémon roll head over heels on the cobblestone street.

Furious at having its escape foiled, and half blinded from the hit to its eye, Meowth turns on Nuzzles who sees the attack coming and bides himself for the impact. Meowth swipes Nuzzles across his little cheek before growling menacingly, and preparing to strike again...


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
The Houndoom: Surprised by the sudden attack, you unwittingly take a step backward before the reality of the situation sinks in and you realise that Houndour is in serious trouble. The ferocity of Teddiursa's attack seems rather strange, but right now all you're thinking of is protecting your Pokémon, and the only way you can do that is by having him fight back in defense of himself.

Houndour is also stunned by the unexpected attack, but knows that if he doesn't defend himself he'll end up mince meat and so unleashes an ember, the flurry of flames shooting into the air around the enraged little bear and singeing its fur. Teddiursa only seems more angry now, and swats Houndour, scratching him on the nose...

PeeGee
8th June 2007, 12:24 AM
[size=1]
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: Without even stopping to think, you immediately instruct Nuzzles to help the woman. Eager to be of assistance, Nuzzles obeys your orders, rushing toward Meowth in the hope of at least tripping it up since there isn't a great deal more he can do.

With his little miracle seed dangling behind, Nuzzles streaks into the path of Meowth, causing the thieving kitty to take a tumble, Nuzzle's miracle seed slamming it in the eye as both Pokémon roll head over heels on the cobblestone street.

Furious at having its escape foiled, and half blinded from the hit to its eye, Meowth turns on Nuzzles who sees the attack coming and bides himself for the impact. Meowth swipes Nuzzles across his little cheek before growling menacingly, and preparing to strike again...


"Nuzzles! Hang in there!" yelled PikaGod, his voice warbling in worry.

He had just sent his trusted pokemon out into battle and it had only scored a hit because his Miracle Seed.

[I]Wait! Nuzzles has the ability to become very hard. This may give Nuzzles the chance to win! thought PikaGod as he realised something.

"Nuzzles Harden up a bit!" ordered PikaGod, hoping his hunch was right.

enchantress
9th June 2007, 3:35 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Quick note - If you continue to reply with the absolute minimum effort as you have been thus far, you'll be adventuring in the Arcane Realm for a very long time. Please take note of how others are replying and attempt to RP in response to your situation a little more.

Deciding that Nuzzles best chance here is to toughen up in order to defend himself against Meowth's onslaught, you instruct him to harden himself, an order causing Nuzzles to glance at you quizzically. Judging from the expression on his face, he's as a little confused as to why you're asking him to use another move when he's already biding himself against Meowth's attacks.

Out of the corner of his eye, Nuzzles notices Meowth move in again before clawing and scratching at him in a frenzied onslaught which is wearing him down rather quickly. Not sure how much more of Meowth's scratches he can endure, Nuzzles wonders if he can survive another round of battle before unleashing the energy he is accumulating, or whether he should release it now. Guess you have a decision to make...

PeeGee
9th June 2007, 11:02 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Quick note - If you continue to reply with the absolute minimum effort as you have been thus far, you'll be adventuring in the Arcane Realm for a very long time. Please take note of how others are replying and attempt to RP in response to your situation a little more.

Deciding that Nuzzles best chance here is to toughen up in order to defend himself against Meowth's onslaught, you instruct him to harden himself, an order causing Nuzzles to glance at you quizzically. Judging from the expression on his face, he's as a little confused as to why you're asking him to use another move when he's already biding himself against Meowth's attacks.

Out of the corner of his eye, Nuzzles notices Meowth move in again before clawing and scratching at him in a frenzied onslaught which is wearing him down rather quickly. Not sure how much more of Meowth's scratches he can endure, Nuzzles wonders if he can survive another round of battle before unleashing the energy he is accumulating, or whether he should release it now. Guess you have a decision to make...



"Ok Nuzzles! Hang in there! Its time for me to make the final decision!" yelled out PikaGod, "If you don't think that its possible for you to survive any longer unleash the energy that you have stored in your body or if you feel that you can go on than you can!"

PikaGod took a short breath after yelling out his last sentence.

Hopefully Nuzzles has managed to store enough energy because that Meowth looks pretty strong and it has given a good beating to Nuzzles. Even with his hardened state Nuzzles hasn't been able to stand up to the Meowth. I've messed up really bad! thought PikaGod.

"Sorry Nuzzles," he whispered.

enchantress
14th June 2007, 3:05 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: Note: Nuzzles couldn't use Harden because he's still using Bide...

While Nuzzles knuckles down, biding his time, Meowth reconsiders attacking him, deciding instead to make its getaway. Giving Nuzzles one final scratch for good measure, Meowth picks up its little trinket before fleeing down the street again. Nuzzles is reluctant to allow the thieving kitty to get away this easily, especially considering all of the pain he's suffered in the last minute, and unleashes a beam of energy which streaks after Meowth, whacking it in the backside and sending it flying head first into a nearby wall. Amazed with what he'd just done, Nuzzles can only gape while Meowth falls into a crumpled heap on the floor, the item it had stolen falling out of its mouth and rolling into the gutter where it sits silently, shining in the sunlight. Meowth has been KOed. Level up for Nuzzles.

Before you can blink, the woman who had been crying out for Meowth to be stopped comes racing up the street to collect the item stolen from her before turning around and sweeping Nuzzles up in a huge hug.

"Thank you little Seedot!" she cries ecstatically. "You've saved a priceless family heirloom from being stolen away forever! You're my hero!"

Turning to you, she asks casually, "I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I feel I can trust you after what you and your little friend have done for me. Will you mind delivering a letter to Farmer Jones for me? The postman has been sick all week and I really can't make it out there myself, so if you have the time..."

PeeGee
15th June 2007, 12:24 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: Note: Nuzzles couldn't use Harden because he's still using Bide...

While Nuzzles knuckles down, biding his time, Meowth reconsiders attacking him, deciding instead to make its getaway. Giving Nuzzles one final scratch for good measure, Meowth picks up its little trinket before fleeing down the street again. Nuzzles is reluctant to allow the thieving kitty to get away this easily, especially considering all of the pain he's suffered in the last minute, and unleashes a beam of energy which streaks after Meowth, whacking it in the backside and sending it flying head first into a nearby wall. Amazed with what he'd just done, Nuzzles can only gape while Meowth falls into a crumpled heap on the floor, the item it had stolen falling out of its mouth and rolling into the gutter where it sits silently, shining in the sunlight. Meowth has been KOed. Level up for Nuzzles.

Before you can blink, the woman who had been crying out for Meowth to be stopped comes racing up the street to collect the item stolen from her before turning around and sweeping Nuzzles up in a huge hug.

"Thank you little Seedot!" she cries ecstatically. "You've saved a priceless family heirloom from being stolen away forever! You're my hero!"

Turning to you, she asks casually, "I'm a little embarrassed to ask, but I feel I can trust you after what you and your little friend have done for me. Will you mind delivering a letter to Farmer Jones for me? The postman has been sick all week and I really can't make it out there myself, so if you have the time..."


"Uh well OK miss," stammered out PikaGod.

He was amazed by the fact that this woman had instantly trusted him. He hadn't actually done anything. It was all Nuzzles' work. PikaGod looked down at his trusty pokemon. The Seedot was covered in scratch marks.

"But first miss, do you have anything that could heal Nuzzles. He is pretty badly hurt?" asked the partially worried trainer.

The small grass-type pokemon sighed as he heard his trainer ask if he could get healed because he was pretty badly hurt.

The Houndoom
17th June 2007, 11:44 AM
The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
The Houndoom: Surprised by the sudden attack, you unwittingly take a step backward before the reality of the situation sinks in and you realise that Houndour is in serious trouble. The ferocity of Teddiursa's attack seems rather strange, but right now all you're thinking of is protecting your Pokémon, and the only way you can do that is by having him fight back in defense of himself.

Houndour is also stunned by the unexpected attack, but knows that if he doesn't defend himself he'll end up mince meat and so unleashes an ember, the flurry of flames shooting into the air around the enraged little bear and singeing its fur. Teddiursa only seems more angry now, and swats Houndour, scratching him on the nose...


A slither of light grabbed at the sky as the Sun set, it was already really dark but Max managed to see what was happenning. The graves aren't that scary after all Max said in his mind, looking towards one on second thoughts..., Max snapped back from the scenery and looked at his pup, "Houndour we're taking this teddy down, whether it wants to be or not!" Max cried "Houndour dodge everything it throws at you, of course i mean attacks you, if it lands a hit blast it with an ember!" Houndour puffed as it readied itself.

enchantress
19th June 2007, 9:25 AM
Note: The more you give me by way of reply, the more effort I'll put into your updates. If you continue to give me the absolute minimum, and you're both doing that at the moment, don't expect miracles from me. Everyone watches the AR, not only me, so show us all what you can do *chop chop* Get into character and give us everything you've got!


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: The woman eyes you warily, the look in her eyes making you wonder if she is having second thoughts about asking for your help.

"You... you don't have any healing items for your Pokémon?" she asks, her voice clearly displaying a tone of disapproval.

Realising how she has sounded, she immediately smiles, putting your mind to rest. "The Pokémon Centre is right down the street love," she says, pointing toward a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over the entrance. "But before you go, here is the letter. You'll find Farmer Jones' farm on the western outskirts of town. Just follow Main Street to its northern end, then take the left junction and you'll find the farm several miles down the road. A nice walk in the countryside will do your little friend the world of good after he's all healed up."

Handing you the letter, she thanks you again before turning back and walking down the street in the direction from which she had come. Nuzzles looks up at you, pointing toward the Pokémon Centre. "Seedot?" he asks hopefully, clearly feeling tired and sore from his recent battle...


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver
The Houndoom: Houndour stands watching the small bear, briefly wondering why the little pipsqueak is so aggravated. Something etched into the gravestone catches his eye, but he's more interested in ensuring he's not mauled to death and so concentrates upon his attacker. Teddiursa Leers him down, a low growl rumbling threateningly in its throat. It reaches out, and while you're convinced it is going to attack Houndour again while he's unable to react whilst caught up in Teddiursa's Leer, the tiny bear simply shoves him off the mound of dirt in front of the gravestone before turning to you and holding its claws up in a manner clearly stating it'll tear you to shreds if you do not move along right now.

Houndour, not in the least impressed at being pushed around by a little bear, unleashes another Ember which showers over Teddiursa who perceives the attack as being a challenge and retaliates by charging Houndour and Scratching him again.

Houndour is stinging from the scratches he has sustained, while Teddiursa's fur is singed in several places. While the two appear to be at a standoff, neither backing down, you can't shake the feeling something else is going on here that you're completely unaware of...

PeeGee
22nd June 2007, 6:55 AM
[size=1]Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon
PikaGod: The woman eyes you warily, the look in her eyes making you wonder if she is having second thoughts about asking for your help.

"You... you don't have any healing items for your Pokémon?" she asks, her voice clearly displaying a tone of disapproval.

Realising how she has sounded, she immediately smiles, putting your mind to rest. "The Pokémon Centre is right down the street love," she says, pointing toward a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over the entrance. "But before you go, here is the letter. You'll find Farmer Jones' farm on the western outskirts of town. Just follow Main Street to its northern end, then take the left junction and you'll find the farm several miles down the road. A nice walk in the countryside will do your little friend the world of good after he's all healed up."

Handing you the letter, she thanks you again before turning back and walking down the street in the direction from which she had come. Nuzzles looks up at you, pointing toward the Pokémon Centre. "Seedot?" he asks hopefully, clearly feeling tired and sore from his recent battle...


PikaGod looked up at the Pokemon Centre and was amazed about how he had missed it. There weren't any other buildings with enormous pokeballs on them.

"So Nuzzles, lets go," the beginning trainer said to his precious and injured pokemon.

As the two of them started walking up towards the Centre PikaGod fingered the envelope.

I have to know what's inside this, thought PikaGod.

As him and Nuzzles walked through the automated sliding doors PikaGod resisted the urge to open the letter and immediately read what was inside. Instead he walked up to the nurse's counter and asked if Nuzzles could be healed.

enchantress
23rd June 2007, 6:15 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Entering the Pokémon Centre, you approach the counter and ask the nurse to tend to Nuzzles. She smiles, taking him from you and giving him a quick examination.

"He looks good," she says. "Nothing a little rest won't fix. But to be on the safe side I'll give him a little potion and some ointment for those scratches, and he'll be good as new. If you'll just give me a moment..."

Gently lifting Nuzzles in her arms, she walks into a room behind the counter and while you're waiting you unintentionally overhear a conversation between two teenage boys sitting in the waiting area.

"I couldn't believe it!" exclaims the first, who is obviously quite distressed. "They didn't leave ANYTHING behind. Not a THING! How can that happen?"

"You're kidding!" replies the second, shocked by the news his friend has relayed. "You mean they just took him? There wasn't even a struggle?"

"It's hard to say," the first boy responds. "Unless they got him while he was sleeping. He's the fifth this month..."

The boy stops talking, too choked up to continue speaking, while his friend sits beside him unsure of what to say.

At that moment, the nurse returns to the counter with Nuzzles wrapped safely in her arms and looking rather happy.

"Here you go," she smiles, handing him over to you. "Try not to let him battle again too soon. He'll need a little break before fighting again, but he looks like a tough little fellow so he'll be feeling better very soon."

With Nuzzles all healed up and a letter to deliver, it looks like it's time to head off...

PeeGee
24th June 2007, 3:51 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Entering the Pokémon Centre, you approach the counter and ask the nurse to tend to Nuzzles. She smiles, taking him from you and giving him a quick examination.

"He looks good," she says. "Nothing a little rest won't fix. But to be on the safe side I'll give him a little potion and some ointment for those scratches, and he'll be good as new. If you'll just give me a moment..."

Gently lifting Nuzzles in her arms, she walks into a room behind the counter and while you're waiting you unintentionally overhear a conversation between two teenage boys sitting in the waiting area.

"I couldn't believe it!" exclaims the first, who is obviously quite distressed. "They didn't leave ANYTHING behind. Not a THING! How can that happen?"

"You're kidding!" replies the second, shocked by the news his friend has relayed. "You mean they just took him? There wasn't even a struggle?"

"It's hard to say," the first boy responds. "Unless they got him while he was sleeping. He's the fifth this month..."

The boy stops talking, too choked up to continue speaking, while his friend sits beside him unsure of what to say.

At that moment, the nurse returns to the counter with Nuzzles wrapped safely in her arms and looking rather happy.

"Here you go," she smiles, handing him over to you. "Try not to let him battle again too soon. He'll need a little break before fighting again, but he looks like a tough little fellow so he'll be feeling better very soon."

With Nuzzles all healed up and a letter to deliver, it looks like it's time to head off...

As they left the PokeCentre PikaGod still held his Seedot in his arms.

"Well Nuzzles, now you are all healed up, aren't you," cooed PikaGod.

Nuzzles let out a disturbing giggle as his owner slid a finger over his acorn hat.

"Well we better set off to the farmer's house" commented PikaGod as he put down his beloved pokemon.

"OK, where did she say to go again?She said just follow Main Street to its northern end, then take the left junction I think. Is that right Nuzzles?" asked PikaGod.

The pokemon nodded, swayed back and forth (When you have no body they are practically the same thing.)

"Let's go!" yelled out PikaGod.

Then he asked, "Where's Main Street?"

Nuzzles facefaulted.

enchantress
26th June 2007, 6:32 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

"Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

"You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

"It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

"You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."

PeeGee
27th June 2007, 12:11 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

"Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

"You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

"It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

"You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."


"Thank you," said PikaGod as he shook the man's hand.

I wonder what managed to hurt those poor Mareeps? thought PikaGod.

And I sure hope that what ever did it doesn't hurt Nuzzles.

The troubled trainer looked down at his pokemon. Blissfully unaware of what his trainer was thinking Nuzzles was happily hopping along with recently restored vigour.

Soon however the pair of pokemon/trainer stopped. They had finally arrived at the Jones' place.

"Well Nuzzles, lets go and deliver this letter to Farmer Jones," said PikaGod.

enchantress
28th June 2007, 9:41 PM
PikaGod: I'm going to need you to reply to your update again. You've self updated which is something I explained to you during the RP Part of the Registration Test. Nowhere in the update did I state that you were anywhere near the farm, let alone already there. In fact, you hadn't even left the town yet.

Another thing that's concerning me, and this I've mentioned a couple of times, is the way you're putting in minimal effort with replies. Please take this as constructive criticism because that's what it is, as all I want is to see you improve.

Remember this?

A note to both of you - When replying, think about the situation you're in. What are your thoughts? What are your feelings? Given a real life situation, and in the FB world your adventures are "real" in a sense, how will you react to whatever situation you've just found yourself in? Surely you're not going to come across something like an enraged Tauros and say, "Blaze, use Flamethrower!" Your initial reaction is going to be something along the lines of "Holy S***! WTF am I going to do now?!" You're most likely going to be ready to pee your pants, so RP that into your reply. Show some emotion. Show some feeling. Think about what you would do if you find yourself in the situation you're facing and RP it into your reply before you start thinking, "Blaze! use Flamethrower!" Trust me, your replies will be a hell of a lot more believable, and one thousand times better than charging straight in to attack. FB is about role playing so the sooner you start working on getting into character and putting as much into your replies as you can, the sooner you'll be free of me and out there adventuring in mainstream zones.

So far, all I've been seeing are reactions to situations rather than any real roleplaying. Thinking in character and taking in everything that is going on around you is the first step to creating better replies. You've had several situations where other things have been going on, the two most recent being the conversation you overheard between the two boys, and the drama with the Mareep. In both replies you've completely ignored the events around you. This is the reason I ended the last update in the way I did - I wanted to see what you're going to do without me guiding you to react to the immediate situation. It's time to reflect. I'm sure you have questions regarding the things you've seen and heard so I'd like to see what you can do with that.

What did you think when you overheard the boys? How did you feel when you saw the Mareep? What was your reaction to the boys obvious dismay upon seeing the injured Mareep? Did any of this even matter to you? If so, I'd like to see it worked into your reply. If you were really there, if you were seeing, hearing and experiencing all of this in real life, how would you feel? It's these reactions (thoughts, feelings, etc), that I'm looking for.

Feel free to sift through FB zones to see how other people reply if you think it will help, but I'm going to have to ask you to reply to your last update again. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll try to answer them as best I can.

PeeGee
2nd September 2007, 6:32 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

"Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

"You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

"It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

"You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."

"Thank you," said PikaGod as he took the man's advice.

But the trainer couldn't take his mind off those poor Mareeps.

What ever did that to those Mareeps must be pretty heartless, thought PikaGod, I hope to god that whatever it is, it doesn't get to my Nuzzles

Putting that thought out of his mind PikaGod suddenly remembered something from when he was about eight. His brother had just finished his pokemon journey and had promised PikaGod that when his Gliscor had babies he could have one. That promise was never fulfilled. HIs brother had died that night.

Ryuusei
3rd September 2007, 4:17 PM
(Linkage (http://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=6831623#post6831623) to Registration/Profile)

A young girl stepped into the fabled Arcane Realm where new trainers were expected to enter before they were allowed to set off for far more dangerous adventures. She was dressed in a plain, black, sleeveless blouse, along with a black skirt with the picture of a small white heart imprinted near the corner. A pair of stylish black high-heels completed the set. She clutched a Pokeball in her hands before clipping it to a belt around her waist.

Sighing, the female pondered on the places in the Arcane Realm she could go to. The place that appealed to her was the Graveyard. However, her Pokemon, Torchic, had no moves effective on the types she thought would appear there, ghost types. After all, it was a Graveyard, so she expected it to consist of mainly ghost types.

Mediville seemed like the next best place to go. The people there were friendly, according to this short, undescriptive guide of the Arcane Realm. Wild Pokemon there were also around the level of her starter Pokemon. She pondered on where to go for a slight moment before making up her mind.

Heading towards Mediville and the village there, a small grin flashed across her face for a slight moment, as if saying that this was definitely the best decision. However, how was she to know it was the best choice when she didn't even entered the place yet?

enchantress
5th September 2007, 6:22 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: I seem to have missed the part where you received a phone call in your update so I can only assume you're self updating. Please reply again.

Kishu Arashi: Wandering along a dirt road on the outskirts of Mediville, you're wondering what the town centre itself will be like. It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time out away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city life, but the young boy you see on the road ahead has caught your attention, pushing all other thoughts from your mind. He looks to be around ten years old and is standing by the fence looking into the paddock of the farm you are passing. The expression on his face is one of pure anguish, and when you look in the direction in which he is staring you notice a Rapidash tied to a tree in the farm's pasture. It looks to be half starved, severely dehydrated, and can barely stand, but the rope it's tied to is so high on the tree that it's unable to even lay down to rest. There is no food or water anywhere in the near vicinity and even while you watch the tortured creatures front legs give out beneath it causing it to stumble forward, the rope halting its fall to the ground and nearly choking it until Rapidash regains its feet and stands still, its entire body wracked by heavy, laboured breathing. The boy is now crying, and though it's obvious he wants to jump the fence and rush to the aide of Rapidash, something is holding him back...

Ryuusei
5th September 2007, 11:26 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Wandering along a dirt road on the outskirts of Mediville, you're wondering what the town centre itself will be like. It's a perfect spring morning, the air is crisp and fresh, and the farms you're passing appear to be quiet and peaceful. This seems to be just the kind of place to visit for some time out away from the hectic hustle and bustle of city life, but the young boy you see on the road ahead has caught your attention, pushing all other thoughts from your mind. He looks to be around ten years old and is standing by the fence looking into the paddock of the farm you are passing. The expression on his face is one of pure anguish, and when you look in the direction in which he is staring you notice a Rapidash tied to a tree in the farm's pasture. It looks to be half starved, severely dehydrated, and can barely stand, but the rope it's tied to is so high on the tree that it's unable to even lay down to rest. There is no food or water anywhere in the near vicinity and even while you watch the tortured creatures front legs give out beneath it causing it to stumble forward, the rope halting its fall to the ground and nearly choking it until Rapidash regains its feet and stands still, its entire body wracked by heavy, laboured breathing. The boy is now crying, and though it's obvious he wants to jump the fence and rush to the aide of Rapidash, something is holding him back...

The young boy on the road seemed to have caught Arashi's attention. His emotions were clear as that anguished face was seen so clearly. He was staring at something in the farm's pasture and the girl just could not wonder why he was having that look. Glancing at the direction the boy was staring at, it turned out a poor Rapidash was tied to a tree in the pasture, severely tortured. As it stumbled forward for a while, the rope halted the fall and almost choked Rapidash till it regained its footing and stands still.

Noises seem to have escaped from the boy, revealing his tears. It seemed as if he pitied the Rapidash. But if he was caring about it, why didn't he dare jump across the fence and aide the Rapidash? Something was up and Arashi wanted to get to the bottom of it, even though it would get the folks of Mediville to picture her as a nosy, busybody.

The brunette approached the young boy, a concerned look on her face. Leaning against the fence somewhere near the boy, she gave him a small smile, as if caring what was up with him. She attempted to comfort him by asking a short, simple question in the most caring voice she could (which was really bad, but she tried anyway).

"What's wrong? You seem really upset about something. Are you worried about the Rapidash over there?"

enchantress
8th September 2007, 12:37 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Seemingly unconcerned for the Rapidash or the boy, your curiosity gets the better of you and you approach the child trying to show at least some sign of compassion in the hope of eliciting a response of some kind. Asking him what the matter is, you watch while he turns to you, his eyes filled with tears.

"August used to be mine," he chokes, almost unable to continue speaking. Pausing to try and get himself together, he continues his story.

"August used to be mine. My mother gave her to me before she died, four years ago. August was only a little Ponyta then, and I raised her and took care of her the way my mother wanted me to. I trained her and taught her how to be a show horse like her own mother was but because August was young I couldn't enter her in competitions. When August evolved two years ago my dad let me enter her in the County Fair where all of the best Rapidash compete. She won every contest that year, and last year, and even attracted the attention of the Laramie's who own the best Rapidash in the world who wanted to come here to Mediville to meet her."

He stops for a moment, looking back to August who is staring at straight back at the boy with an expression of hope mingled with despair.

"When my dad fell into some trouble last year and needed to borrow some money so we can keep our farm, he had to borrow from Mr Wesley," the boy continues, shooting an angry look toward the house standing a little further back from the pasture August is tied up in. "Mr Wesley owns everything in Mediville, even the police, and is jealous of August because she was winning all of the awards at the County Fair that his horses couldn't win because August is better than them. He made dad put our farm and August up as collateral for the loan. If he didn't, Mr Wesley wouldn't loan him the money we needed. Then someone torched our wheat crops, so dad couldn't sell them to pay back the loan and Mr Wesley came and took August and the deeds to our farm. We have to move away tomorrow but I don't want to leave without August."

"I know he burned our crops but the police won't search his property for the equipment that was used to wreck our field. If we have proof we can hand it in at Hazard Sheriff's Office in the next town and he'll get into trouble and we'll get our farm and August back."

The boy stares at the house again, the expression of resentment mixed with anguish unmistakable.

"I can't even help August now, because Mr Wesley said he'll shoot her in the head if I go anywhere near her again."

Surprised by this last comment, you look toward the house and notice the shadow of a man sitting inside at the front window of what you assume to be his living room, the barrel of a shotgun pointed toward August in the pasture...

PeeGee
9th September 2007, 3:25 AM
I changed my post.

enchantress
9th September 2007, 4:11 PM
PikaGod: I didn't ask you to edit your post, I asked you to reply again. In any case, you'll still need to make another reply as you're going completely offtrack. You started off replying to the situation at hand but have then veered off into territory totally unrelated to your storyline. Please try to get back on track so we can tie this up.

PeeGee
10th September 2007, 12:57 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Realising you have no idea of where Main Street is located, you don't have any time to dwell on the matter when you hear an ambulance siren wailing in the distance. It's becoming steadily louder as it nears, and a moment later you hear the screech of tires outside before ambulance officers come charging through the door with a stretcher. You notice there are two Mareep laying on it, bleeding heavily. They're bleating pathetically, the sound so agonizing that you can't help but pity the poor sheep. It is then that the two boys you had overheard talking leap to their feet, the first boy who had been so upset, even paler than he'd been a few minutes ago.

"Not again!" he wails, throwing himself onto the stretcher to hug the Mareep. "And this time in broad daylight!"

"You'd better get home Danny," the ambulance officer says to the boy, whom he obviously knows. "Your dad's looking for you."

Looking to the nurse, Danny appears to be torn between leaving the sheep or returning home.

"It's ok," she says softly, "I'll take good care of them Danny, I promise."

Immediately setting to work, the nurse instructs the ambulance officers to take the injured Mareep into the emergency room, leaving Danny to stare after them. The other boy stands, placing a hand on Danny's shoulder. "We'd better go..."

Danny nods, his eyes burning with tears, before rushing out of the Pokémon Centre with his friend, leaving you standing alone in the waiting room wondering what's going on.

Walking outside, you notice the boys running up the road when a man sees you standing on the street looking a little confused. Explaining that you don't know where Main Street is and that you need to get to the Jones Farm, the man laughs.

"You're on Main Street lad, and that there boy up there is the Jones boy. Just follow him and you'll be at the Jones Farm before nightfall..."

"Thank you," said PikaGod as he took the man's advice.

But the trainer couldn't take his mind off those poor Mareeps.

What ever did that to those Mareeps must be pretty heartless, thought PikaGod, I hope to god that whatever it is, it doesn't get to my Nuzzles

Looking down at his pokemon, which was happily bouncing about, PikaGod smirked.

It won't get to him, he thought.

Attempting to put away the horrible images of the poor injured Mareeps, PikaGod lifted up his hand and returned his pokemon to its ball.

"Well, I better get this letter to the Jones' place."

enchantress
12th September 2007, 7:17 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Not even attempting to catch up with Danny, you set off in the same direction in which he was running, but soon find he's out of sight. You're not sure what mutilated the Mareep that were brought into the Pokémon Centre, but you do know that whatever happened to them occurred at the Jones Farm and so you recall Nuzzles so that nothing bad can happen to him. Several minutes later, you're walking along a dirt road and into Mediville's surrounding farmlands when you hear some whimpering coming from a deep, man made ditch in the field next to the road. Taking a closer look, you find a young Poochyena laying at the bottom who appears to have injured its front paw from the fall. It's whimpering softly while licking its paw, but when it sees you above it begins snarling ferociously, believing you are the one to have set the trap it has fallen into...

PeeGee
12th September 2007, 12:01 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Not even attempting to catch up with Danny, you set off in the same direction in which he was running, but soon find he's out of sight. You're not sure what mutilated the Mareep that were brought into the Pokémon Centre, but you do know that whatever happened to them occurred at the Jones Farm and so you recall Nuzzles so that nothing bad can happen to him. Several minutes later, you're walking along a dirt road and into Mediville's surrounding farmlands when you hear some whimpering coming from a deep, man made ditch in the field next to the road. Taking a closer look, you find a young Poochyena laying at the bottom who appears to have injured its front paw from the fall. It's whimpering softly while licking its paw, but when it sees you above it begins snarling ferociously, believing you are the one to have set the trap it has fallen into...

PikaGod backed up a bit. What was wrong with this Poochyena? The newbie trainer had just seen it and the dog pokemon was threatening him.

"Hey there boy," whispered PikaGod, in hope that he could sooth the angry pokemon.

At the same time PikaGod's left hand was resting upon Nuzzles' pokeball.

Let's hope that this pokemon is too injured to attack, thought PikaGod

He took a step forward and awaited what was coming.

enchantress
12th September 2007, 6:59 PM
*sobs* I want Ollie...

Alright. You're barely managing to pass the requirements of the very first rule of the Arcane Realm (no less than four lines when replying), which tells me you're putting in the bare minimum time and time again. The main purpose of FB is roleplaying and you're just not doing that. Replies MUST start improving very, very soon or we'll be looking at revoking registration. Please read through the UPN Arcane Realm (http://forums.upnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=92)'s Records and pay attention to how people are replying. Ignore Coordinator's replies because he's close to having his registration revoked as well, but pay special attention to Xuande, Shadowshocker, and Ollie. The zones are what FB is all about, so please think before replying. I've given you tips before so please start paying attention.




Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Taken aback by Poochyena's initial response to seeing you, you're not quite sure how to react, instinctively reaching for Nuzzle's Pokéball. Attempting to soothe the injured Pokémon's nerves by speaking to it in a calming tone of voice, something appears to be working as Poochyena stops snarling and instead returns to licking its paw, staring warily up at you while it does so. Luckily the ditch is too deep for Poochyena to even attempt attacking, but you know that if you leave it down there it's sure to starve as there is no way it can make its own way out. Looking around, you see a couple of long planks which have been left by a hole in the fence. The farm's owner will obviously be returning at some point to repair the fence, but for now those planks look sturdy enough to be used as a ramp. While contemplating this, you also realise this ditch is too deep and too narrow to have been made for no reason and begin to wonder if someone has deliberately tried to trap this little pup, or if it has fallen in by accident. Surely someone will be along soon to check, but as you're weighing your options regarding leaving Poochyena where it is or attempting to help it, Poochyena yips loudly to regain your attention. Looking back down at it, you see it's now standing, it's injured paw lifted slightly off the ground while it looks up at you hopefully. It appears you have a decision to make...

PeeGee
13th September 2007, 11:29 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

PikaGod: Taken aback by Poochyena's initial response to seeing you, you're not quite sure how to react, instinctively reaching for Nuzzle's Pokéball. Attempting to soothe the injured Pokémon's nerves by speaking to it in a calming tone of voice, something appears to be working as Poochyena stops snarling and instead returns to licking its paw, staring warily up at you while it does so. Luckily the ditch is too deep for Poochyena to even attempt attacking, but you know that if you leave it down there it's sure to starve as there is no way it can make its own way out. Looking around, you see a couple of long planks which have been left by a hole in the fence. The farm's owner will obviously be returning at some point to repair the fence, but for now those planks look sturdy enough to be used as a ramp. While contemplating this, you also realise this ditch is too deep and too narrow to have been made for no reason and begin to wonder if someone has deliberately tried to trap this little pup, or if it has fallen in by accident. Surely someone will be along soon to check, but as you're weighing your options regarding leaving Poochyena where it is or attempting to help it, Poochyena yips loudly to regain your attention. Looking back down at it, you see it's now standing, it's injured paw lifted slightly off the ground while it looks up at you hopefully. It appears you have a decision to make...

Oh boy, thought the trainer, If I even attempt a rescue there is a chance that those planks won't hold my weight.

PikaGod stared at the Poochyena while trying to make a decision. It just broke his heart to maybe discover that someone had deliberately attempted to hurt or even kill a small innocent pokemon.

"Well let's take a chance," he muttered under his breath.

Knowing full well that if the boards were not able to keep his weight, PikaGod would be sent tumbling into the ditch and could possibly hurt himself bad. But PikaGod also knew that if the Poochyena was saved that the dark-type pokemon could live a longer life and one day evolve into a Mightyena.

"Here goes nothing..." whispered the scared trainer as he went for the boards.

enchantress
14th September 2007, 11:29 AM
It appears strategic scenarios are not the way to go with the Arcane Realm as there are obvious signs of struggling showing here. I'll be reposting The Houndoom's last update should he decide to return, restarting Kishu Arashi, and suspending PikaGod's membership until an RP test is passed. Again...



Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you’re surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops a stark comparison to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you notice a scared little Skitty sitting in the gutter in the street ahead with a rather nasty looking Snubbull standing threateningly over top of it. Skitty is mewing softly, far too terrified to move, while Snubbull begins to close in on it...


The Graveyard - Please reply in silver

The Houndoom: Houndour stands watching the small bear, briefly wondering why the little pipsqueak is so aggravated. Something etched into the gravestone catches his eye, but he's more interested in ensuring he's not mauled to death and so concentrates upon his attacker. Teddiursa Leers him down, a low growl rumbling threateningly in its throat. It reaches out, and while you're convinced it is going to attack Houndour again while he's unable to react whilst caught up in Teddiursa's Leer, the tiny bear simply shoves him off the mound of dirt in front of the gravestone before turning to you and holding its claws up in a manner clearly stating it'll tear you to shreds if you do not move along right now.

Houndour, not in the least impressed at being pushed around by a little bear, unleashes another Ember which showers over Teddiursa who perceives the attack as being a challenge and retaliates by charging Houndour and Scratching him again.

Houndour is stinging from the scratches he has sustained, while Teddiursa's fur is singed in several places. While the two appear to be at a standoff, neither backing down, you can't shake the feeling something else is going on here that you're completely unaware of...

Ryuusei
16th September 2007, 6:59 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Arriving in the quaint little farming village of Mediville which looks like a page out of a history book, you’re surprised by just how old this town appears to be. Its cobblestone streets and old-style shops a stark comparison to the modern design of most towns and cities you have passed through. Slowly strolling along the street while examining the village you notice a scared little Skitty sitting in the gutter in the street ahead with a rather nasty looking Snubbull standing threateningly over top of it. Skitty is mewing softly, far too terrified to move, while Snubbull begins to close in on it...

(OOC: Sorry about lateness in replying. Have been bogged down with school life and all I barely have time to RP. My final year exams are coming so my replies to your updates will be fairly slow due to revision. Sorry for not letting you know in advance, I'll try to find time to RP during this period of three weeks, after which on Friday of the third week, my exams end)

Mediville was a simple old town to the young girl. Sure, she wanted something interesting to go to but she chose Mediville because she wanted to start a simple adventure in a realm totally new to her. Tapping her feet as she took a stroll along the street having a quick glance around the village, a scared little pink cat sat in a gutter along the street with another pink creature intimidatingly staring over the kitten. Mewing softly as the bigger, towering pink Pokemon began closing in on its victim, Arashi decided that this was the best time to react.

Sure, she usually displayed close to no emotion to most humans for humans were usually the ones who started their problems but she had to feel a little sympathy for the poor, yet simply endearingly cute cat. Whipping out the Pokeball containing her Pokemon, she ran towards the gutter, trying to react as quickly as possibly so the bigger, yet meaner, pink Pokemon couldn't harm the harmless kitten.

Dashing forward, she threw the Pokeball as far she could towards the direction of the gutter, hoping that her Pokemon would be able to stop the meaner creature, whom she had just remembered was called Snubull after checking her Pokedex, before the young cat could come into contact with harm.

(OOC: If you don't mind me asking, what's the nature of my Torchic? Thanks)

enchantress
19th September 2007, 7:08 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: No problem. As for Torchic, it's your choice as to what Nature (http://www.serebii.net/pokemon_advance/personality.shtml) you'd like her to have.
Regarding your reply, please keep in mind that if you'd like your updates to move along at a faster pace it will be helpful if you order your Pokémon to make some kind of move. This way, the battle can start with the next update rather than the one after. Also, be sure to mention the Pokémon you're using to avoid any confusion. At the moment it's not really an issue, but as your team grows your updator will need to know which Pokémon is in the ball that is being used.


Unable to stand seeing a Pokémon in trouble, particularly an adorable little pink kitty, you're quick to react. Rushing forward whilst whipping out your Pokéball, you waste no time in tossing it right in front of Snubbull and skid to a halt while Torchic appears in a flash of bright light as she emerges from her ball. Skitty looks surprised, Snubbull looks angry, and Torchic blinks rapidly, wondering what on earth she's been tossed into the middle of. Taking note of the frightened kitten and bully Snubbull, it only takes Torchic a moment to size up the situation. While she's a little hesitant about defending a cat, whose natural instinct is to eat her kind, she isn't about to argue the matter and faces Snubbull with a warning look in her eye. Snubbull grins widely, convinced it's found an entree before trying to intimidate Torchic by pulling a Scary Face. The attempt backfires though, as Snubbull is ugly enough to be considered scary already, Torchic staring back at it with a determined expression on her face while she prepares to battle...

Ryuusei
21st September 2007, 4:50 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Unable to stand seeing a Pokémon in trouble, particularly an adorable little pink kitty, you're quick to react. Rushing forward whilst whipping out your Pokéball, you waste no time in tossing it right in front of Snubbull and skid to a halt while Torchic appears in a flash of bright light as she emerges from her ball. Skitty looks surprised, Snubbull looks angry, and Torchic blinks rapidly, wondering what on earth she's been tossed into the middle of. Taking note of the frightened kitten and bully Snubbull, it only takes Torchic a moment to size up the situation. While she's a little hesitant about defending a cat, whose natural instinct is to eat her kind, she isn't about to argue the matter and faces Snubbull with a warning look in her eye. Snubbull grins widely, convinced it's found an entree before trying to intimidate Torchic by pulling a Scary Face. The attempt backfires though, as Snubbull is ugly enough to be considered scary already, Torchic staring back at it with a determined expression on her face while she prepares to battle...

Arashi knew that difficulties would arise in this situation. Due to the fact that kitties like eating birds, Torchic seemed scandalized that she had to protect a cat of all things. Though she disliked doing this favor, it was her first chance to prove to her trainer that she was a strong Pokemon.

As the Snubull attempted a Scary Face technique on Hinote, the girl looked by in the corner as it failed due to the pure fact that Snubull was rather, per say, ugly, so the young hatchling didn't feel really intimidated like she should when this technique would be performed by another Pokemon.

Glaring back at the pink bull, her face showed the determined side of her, ready to win her first battle, or so she hoped... The bad thing was, her trainer went down and did an attempt to scoop the kitten into her arms.

Hinote disregarded the fact that her trainer was not concentrating on the battle and was more concentrated in scooping up the cat into her arms instead. She stomp her foot to alert her trainer of the battle and Arashi immediately turned around.

Thinking strategically, the girl knew she had to work with what little moves Torchic knew. Snubull seemed to be of a higher level than Hinote and seemed to have a bigger arsenal of techniques available to him/her. Complementing the fact that Snubull's current attacks were pretty much stat-reducing and physical attacks, reducing his attack power would definitely be a choice. Thank god Torchic learned Growl naturally.

"Hinote, Growl," the brunette said, "Attempt reducing his attack power to soften the damage done to you. And hm..."

The female pondered whether or not she should start using attack moves but decided that one more use of the Growl technique would benefit her now. It would definitely serve as Snubull's bane somehow, in the end, in which his attacks wouldn't do as much damage than the start of the battle, where they were fresh.

"Growl one more time before going up close to him for a Scratch!" Arashi rattled her commands rather quickly. Turning back to the Skitty, she had one eye on the battle between Hinote and the Snubull, while the other she had on Skitty, wanting to scoop the adorable kitten into her arms so she could cradle it.

Young girls these days...

enchantress
22nd September 2007, 7:55 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: With Snubbull and Torchic sizing each other up, neither willing to give any ground, you make a move to step closer to Skitty which doesn't go down too well with Hinote. She stomps her foot angrily, demanding you return your attention to your own Pokémon rather than that of a total stranger, which forces you to stop and concentrate on the impending battle as your first priority. Taking Snubbull's strengths and weaknesses into account, you quickly come to the conclusion that Hinote is at a distinct disadvantage here and decide to risk having her reduce Snubbull's attack power before attempting an attack of her own. Hinote appears rather concerned with this as it will mean she'll have to rely on some quick footwork in order to avoid becoming the dogs next meal, but she understands the logic in your decision and so obeys without question, Growling threateningly at Snubbull. The little bulldog seems slightly taken aback, never expecting a little chicken to even attempt standing up to it, but then appears to have a change of heart, lunging in and Tackling Hinote. The two crash to the ground in a tumble of limbs and flying feathers before coming to a stop with Snubbull pinning Hinote underneath it. Snubbull is pleased to have Hinote right where it wants her and while it stares down at Hinote with a smug look on its face and its teeth crackling with electricity, it doesn't seem too concerned at all with the fact Hinote is still Growling ferociously at it. That is until Snubbull attempts to sink its Thunder Fang into Torchic's neck... Hinote kicks her feet up into Snubbull's belly just before those hideous teeth make contact, digging her claws in as deeply as possible and then pushing downward with all her might resulting in Snubbull rearing backward and upward, yelping in agony as Hinote opens a long wound in its belly with her Scratch attack from hell. With Hinote scrambling out from beneath Snubbull and now impatiently awaiting your next instructions, you scoop Skitty up into your arms, trying to soothe the terrified kitten who is now as scared for Hinote as it was for itself only moments ago...

Rakurai
26th September 2007, 2:20 PM
It was a perfect day to start a journey, with the sun shining brightly, and many small clouds dotting the sky.

Katsushige and his Electrike, Kiba, had recently arrived in the Arcane Realm, and had started their way down a long road that would eventually take them to their first, unchosen destination. The road winded through a seemingly endless, unchanging landscape of rolling hills and open countryside.

Both of them were staring into the sky at the clouds as they walked, (As it seemed more interesting then what surrounded them on the ground), perfectly silent, and letting their minds wander.

Katsushige, after sometime, decided to break the silence, and spoke what was on his mind to Kiba, saying "Are you really okay with this whole battling thing? I mean, in the five years of your life, you haven't once gotten into a fight with another Pokemon."

Kiba seemed to think for a moment, then replied with a short "Ra", and a nod of his head.

Continuing on, Katsushige said, "The only thing we have to go off of are those training sessions we had a few days before we left. In a real fight you could get really hurt or even...I don't want to think about it. But battles are inevitable, so I suppose there's no use worrying about it. I'll just do all I can to make sure none of those things happen to you."

After a while, the two came to a crossroad, with one path leading to the town of Mediville in the distance, and the other continuing off into the wilderness. Katsushige stopped to think for a moment, closing his eyes, and putting his hand on his chin, while Kiba sat, seemingly anxious to hear his decision.

About half a minute later, Katsushige opened his eyes, and announced his decision, saying "We're going to that town over there.", pointing his finger in the direction of Mediville. "Considering our relative lack of battling experience, it would be foolish to head out into the wilderness. Let's get some practice, and maybe then we can go somewhere a little more interesting".

No sooner then Katsushige had finished his last sentence, Kiba took off at maximum speed (Which, of course, was very fast) in the direction of Mediville, eager to get a closer look.

Katsushige sighed, and smiled, before running after his friend, who had come to a stop a short ways from the town, and was waiting patiently...

enchantress
28th September 2007, 5:18 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: For future reference, can you please refrain from using any font size larger than default? I personally prefer size one as it makes the entire look of a zone so much neater, but default is acceptable as well.

While Kiba waits patiently for you on the outskirts of the town of Mediville, you notice something come flying out of a tree beside the road and whack him in the head. Startled, he turns to the tree and looks up into it only to cop another hit to the face. Seeing your Pokémon coming under attack from some kind of mysterious assassin, you race along the quiet dirt road when another object comes flying out of the tree. Kiba sidesteps it this time, but as you come to a skidding halt beside him to make sure he's ok, yet another missile is launched - this time at YOU. After receiving a hit from what feels like a small rock, which you soon discover are acorns, you turn to the tree, puzzled, only to find a little Pachiriusu giggling hysterically from the branches above. Seems this little one finds bombarding unsuspecting passersby with its acorns of death to be amusing...

Rakurai
29th September 2007, 11:40 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: For future reference, can you please refrain from using any font size larger than default? I personally prefer size one as it makes the entire look of a zone so much neater, but default is acceptable as well.

While Kiba waits patiently for you on the outskirts of the town of Mediville, you notice something come flying out of a tree beside the road and whack him in the head. Startled, he turns to the tree and looks up into it only to cop another hit to the face. Seeing your Pokémon coming under attack from some kind of mysterious assassin, you race along the quiet dirt road when another object comes flying out of the tree. Kiba sidesteps it this time, but as you come to a skidding halt beside him to make sure he's ok, yet another missile is launched - this time at YOU. After receiving a hit from what feels like a small rock, which you soon discover are acorns, you turn to the tree, puzzled, only to find a little Pachiriusu giggling hysterically from the branches above. Seems this little one finds bombarding unsuspecting passersby with its acorns of death to be amusing...

Kiba had started to let out an irritated growl after getting whacked between the eyes by the second acorn, but nothing more, as he was quite mild-mannered, compared to most of his kind, who probably would've retaliated in a more aggressive fashion.

"Some way to have fun...", Katsushige said to himself quietly, as he picked up the acorn that had hit him, looking at it for a moment, before tossing it aside. Katsushige then started to continue down the path, thinking to himself, "I doubt that Pachirisu means any real harm, though, so I think I'll just ignore it for now".

Having come to his decision on how to deal with the mischievous squirrel, Katsushige called out to Kiba, saying "Let's be on our way. It'll probably leave us alone once we get out of its throwing range."

Kiba hurried back to his trainer's side, but did so while keeping an eye on his assailant, hoping to avoid any additional acorns to the head...

Ryuusei
29th September 2007, 1:55 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: With Snubbull and Torchic sizing each other up, neither willing to give any ground, you make a move to step closer to Skitty which doesn't go down too well with Hinote. She stomps her foot angrily, demanding you return your attention to your own Pokémon rather than that of a total stranger, which forces you to stop and concentrate on the impending battle as your first priority. Taking Snubbull's strengths and weaknesses into account, you quickly come to the conclusion that Hinote is at a distinct disadvantage here and decide to risk having her reduce Snubbull's attack power before attempting an attack of her own. Hinote appears rather concerned with this as it will mean she'll have to rely on some quick footwork in order to avoid becoming the dogs next meal, but she understands the logic in your decision and so obeys without question, Growling threateningly at Snubbull. The little bulldog seems slightly taken aback, never expecting a little chicken to even attempt standing up to it, but then appears to have a change of heart, lunging in and Tackling Hinote. The two crash to the ground in a tumble of limbs and flying feathers before coming to a stop with Snubbull pinning Hinote underneath it. Snubbull is pleased to have Hinote right where it wants her and while it stares down at Hinote with a smug look on its face and its teeth crackling with electricity, it doesn't seem too concerned at all with the fact Hinote is still Growling ferociously at it. That is until Snubbull attempts to sink its Thunder Fang into Torchic's neck... Hinote kicks her feet up into Snubbull's belly just before those hideous teeth make contact, digging her claws in as deeply as possible and then pushing downward with all her might resulting in Snubbull rearing backward and upward, yelping in agony as Hinote opens a long wound in its belly with her Scratch attack from hell. With Hinote scrambling out from beneath Snubbull and now impatiently awaiting your next instructions, you scoop Skitty up into your arms, trying to soothe the terrified kitten who is now as scared for Hinote as it was for itself only moments ago...

Patting the pink-colored cat on its head, a sense of worry and panic was throbbing inside of Arashi's heart. Hinote didn't have any special, fancy moves like Snubull, who had Thunder Fang in its arsenal. Who knew what other moves the pink Pokemon might have? It would be even more difficult if Snubull knew a move like Water Pulse.

As thoughts raced across her head, Arashi glanced at her still energetic and fighting Pokemon. Deciding that aiming for the wound Snubull received from Hinote's Scratch would be the best decision, the brunette showed a face of calmness instead of the worry inside of her heart. There was no point in feeling hopeless, it would cause the Skitty in her arms to feel more terrified. She raised a finger pointing at Snubull, ready to shout out her choices for her attacks this turn.

"Scratch! Follow up with another Scratch at the wound at its belly! Find an opening and attack with another Scratch!"

enchantress
1st October 2007, 7:27 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Determined not to show the doubt clouding your heart not only for Hinote's sake but Skitty's as well, your relay your next instructions with more confidence than you're feeling. Hinote appears pumped, the adrenaline rush of her previous victory, if only temporary, urging her to continue fighting for all she's worth. With Snubbull still reeling from that last attack, Hinote lunges forward and strikes again, kicking out and Scratching the wound on Snubbull's belly with her little claws which succeed in deepening the cut even further. Snubbull is livid, diving for Hinote and Tackling her to the ground. The two take another tumble, but Hinote has the advantage now as she's still quite calm while Snubbull is too enraged to be thinking clearly. Kicking her little foot up again, Hinote once again aims for Snubbull's open wound resulting in a pained yelp ringing through the streets of Mediville. In a blind rage, and its mouth beginning to frost over as its teeth appear to become coated with ice energy, Snubbull opens its mouth wide in preparation for its Ice Fang attack when Hinote kicks upward and Scratches Snubbull's face. Unfortunately Hinote doesn't come out of this one as easily as before as Snubbull sinks its icy teeth into her little leg. Hinote squawks in agony and Snubbull adds insult to injury by Tackling your little fire chick to the ground, pinning her beneath it...

Rakurai: Deciding to leave the cheeky squirrel to its own devices you continue upon your journey into Mediville. Pachirisu appears to be content to let you pass considering it's already had its fun with you, and several minutes later you find yourself standing in the little town's marketplace. It's a quaint little place, the old style buildings and cobblestone streets giving the town a unique kind of charm, but what has caught your attention is the group of people standing by an alley. They're all speaking rather animatedly, as though arguing about something, and upon passing you smell what has to be the most putrid odour you've ever had the misfortune of coming across. You can't help but overhear their argument, as it seems none of them are willing to "get rid of the thing" even though they're all offering each other large payments as a reward if another will do the job for them...

Rakurai
2nd October 2007, 1:35 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: Deciding to leave the cheeky squirrel to its own devices you continue upon your journey into Mediville. Pachirisu appears to be content to let you pass considering it's already had its fun with you, and several minutes later you find yourself standing in the little town's marketplace. It's a quaint little place, the old style buildings and cobblestone streets giving the town a unique kind of charm, but what has caught your attention is the group of people standing by an alley. They're all speaking rather animatedly, as though arguing about something, and upon passing you smell what has to be the most putrid odour you've ever had the misfortune of coming across. You can't help but overhear their argument, as it seems none of them are willing to "get rid of the thing" even though they're all offering each other large payments as a reward if another will do the job for them...

Upon reaching Mediville, Kiba had once again decided to take the lead, but this time, he only stayed a few meters ahead, much to the relief of his worrysome trainer.

"I guess he must've figured out that going far ahead of me isn't the wisest thing to do, even if all he got was a couple of acorns to the head...", Katsushige thought to himself, as he kept an eye on his companion, who seemed to be intrigued by his unfamiliar surroundings.

Not long after that thought had passed through Katsushige's mind, however, Kiba came to a sudden stop, widening his eyes, before running behind his trainer, as though he were trying to hide from some unseen force.

"What's wrong? Do you smell something weird?", Katsushige asked Kiba, after noticing his once pleasant expression had changed to one of pure disgust. "Well, whatever it is, I don't think we can avoid it, so we'll just have to deal with it", he said, before continuing down the road leading towards the town marketplace. After a moment of hesitation, and a whine, Kiba reluctantly followed.

It wasn't long before Katsushige had drawn close enough to the source of Kiba's plight to notice it himself.

"Ugh... Where is that awful smell coming from? If it's bothering me this much, then you must be suffering, having such a keen sense of smell and all. Perhaps you'd like to hide in your Pokeball for now?"

Kiba shook his head in response to Katsushige's last sentence, seeming interested in finding out where the smell was coming from, despite the misery it was causing him.

"Well then, maybe someone around here knows something about this", Katsushige said, happening to notice the group of people arguing just as he finished his words. "I guess I'll go ask them..."

enchantress
2nd October 2007, 4:48 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: The putrid odour wafting through the air is enough to nearly make you gag, but for some reason both you and Kiba are intrigued by it. Wondering where it's coming from, you can't help but overhear the conversation going on between the townsfolk and slowly approach them. Upon noticing your presence, one of the men looks you up and down, quite obviously curious as to why you're here. Upon explaining that you'd heard part of their conversation and are wondering what is causing the smell, the man seems more than happy to explain.

"A purple Pokémon, if you can call it a Pokémon because it looks like living sludge, has invaded our town and polluted our water supply. All of our crops are either dead or dying, and even our drinking water is contaminated. There are no Pokémon in town strong enough to do battle with the creature because they're all too sick, and as you've already heard none of us are willing to get to close to it either. We have to do something or we'll lose everything we've ever worked for, but we can't face it alone - not without any Pokémon for backup..."

Rakurai
3rd October 2007, 1:46 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: The putrid odour wafting through the air is enough to nearly make you gag, but for some reason both you and Kiba are intrigued by it. Wondering where it's coming from, you can't help but overhear the conversation going on between the townsfolk and slowly approach them. Upon noticing your presence, one of the men looks you up and down, quite obviously curious as to why you're here. Upon explaining that you'd heard part of their conversation and are wondering what is causing the smell, the man seems more than happy to explain.

"A purple Pokémon, if you can call it a Pokémon because it looks like living sludge, has invaded our town and polluted our water supply. All of our crops are either dead or dying, and even our drinking water is contaminated. There are no Pokémon in town strong enough to do battle with the creature because they're all too sick, and as you've already heard none of us are willing to get to close to it either. We have to do something or we'll lose everything we've ever worked for, but we can't face it alone - not without any Pokémon for backup..."

"I never would've imagined that this town was facing such a crisis...", Katsushige thought to himself. "I don't know if I'm ready to deal with something like this, or more importantly, if Kiba is ready, but it seems like these people need all the help they can get."

After thinking for a moment, Katsushige responded to what the man had said, having decided to offer assistance.

"We'd be happy to help out. My name is Katsushige, and this is my Electrike, Kiba."

Kiba raised a paw, as if to wave, and uttered something short in his language (Most likely a simple greeting), upon hearing his name being used in an introduction.

"I can't say that I have much experience when it comes to battles, though, and the same goes for Kiba. To be honest, we haven't battled once in our lives, but at very least, we have a basic grasp of how it's done. Hopefully, enough of a grasp to provide decent backup for you and the others. Do you have some sort of plan for dealing with the Pokemon?"

After having spoken, Katsushige started to ponder over what the man had described as being the source of the problem, formulating a battle plan well before the time had come.

"A purple Pokemon that looks like living sludge... No doubt, that has to be a Grimer or a Muk. I honestly don't know how Kiba is going to deal with something like that, given his lack of moves. It would be idiotic to make him try attacking something like that physically, given how toxic its body is, and also the fact that it isn't solid, meaning he'd probably just get himself stuck to it if he tried. However, I don't think his Thunder Wave is going to be able knock it out, or even cause any harm. I just hope that if those men have a plan, simply stunning it will be enough to let them handle the rest..."

enchantress
4th October 2007, 8:34 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: "Plan?" the man responds. "We have no plan. All of our Pokémon are too ill to battle the creature or to even draw it out of the sewers. Perhaps if you can at least lead it out into the daylight we may be able to catch it with something."

Suddenly realising he hasn't even introduced himself yet, the man introduces himself as Harris before pointing to an old wooden door at the end of the alley.

"The stairs leading into the sewers are behind that door. I know it's asking a lot lad, but if you think you can handle the job we're willing to reward you..."

Ryuusei
5th October 2007, 8:54 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Determined not to show the doubt clouding your heart not only for Hinote's sake but Skitty's as well, your relay your next instructions with more confidence than you're feeling. Hinote appears pumped, the adrenaline rush of her previous victory, if only temporary, urging her to continue fighting for all she's worth. With Snubbull still reeling from that last attack, Hinote lunges forward and strikes again, kicking out and Scratching the wound on Snubbull's belly with her little claws which succeed in deepening the cut even further. Snubbull is livid, diving for Hinote and Tackling her to the ground. The two take another tumble, but Hinote has the advantage now as she's still quite calm while Snubbull is too enraged to be thinking clearly. Kicking her little foot up again, Hinote once again aims for Snubbull's open wound resulting in a pained yelp ringing through the streets of Mediville. In a blind rage, and its mouth beginning to frost over as its teeth appear to become coated with ice energy, Snubbull opens its mouth wide in preparation for its Ice Fang attack when Hinote kicks upward and Scratches Snubbull's face. Unfortunately Hinote doesn't come out of this one as easily as before as Snubbull sinks its icy teeth into her little leg. Hinote squawks in agony and Snubbull adds insult to injury by Tackling your little fire chick to the ground, pinning her beneath it...

Seeing Hinote injured rather badly from Snubull and its elemental fangs, Arashi got rathered worried due to the fact it was her first battle and Snubull seemed to be an experienced battler. No matter what, she had to win. Being pinned under by the Snubull, the girl had to think of a quick counter attack. Thinking that attempting to push Snubull off Hinote was simple, just a nice kick upwards at its big gash. However, how to continue fighting him was the problem. Growl wouldn't work for her for Snubull appeared more menancing than before. Looks like she just had to stick to Scratch. Pity.

"Hinote, kick him at his big wound with your stronger leg, hopefully it pushes him off you," said the brunette, thinking up of what else to do at that moment, before adding, "Hm... Alright, Scratch it again at that wound and attempt another Scratch!"

Crossing her fingers on her left hand, she patted the young Skitty in her arms, who looked rather worried about the whole situation to her. She glanced at the kitten and really felt like making it the first Pokemon capture she had. Well, she didn't want to fight it, hopefully it'd come along and join her, but that was just all hoping. She had to wait for this battle to end first of course.

Rakurai
5th October 2007, 12:00 PM
I have a question to ask. I'm doing OK with my responses as long as you don't say anything about them, right? But even if that's true, I was wondering if you see any ways in that I could improve my responses. It's just that I don't like to do a job that's merely satisfactory, and would prefer to aim for something that's a little higher.


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: "Plan?" the man responds. "We have no plan. All of our Pokémon are too ill to battle the creature or to even draw it out of the sewers. Perhaps if you can at least lead it out into the daylight we may be able to catch it with something."

Suddenly realising he hasn't even introduced himself yet, the man introduces himself as Harris before pointing to an old wooden door at the end of the alley.

"The stairs leading into the sewers are behind that door. I know it's asking a lot lad, but if you think you can handle the job we're willing to reward you..."

"A trap... That sounds like something that might be more up our alley. Though, I'm not so sure if whatever is down there will be very willing to come out, even with a bit of provocation, on Kiba's part. I guess there's only one way to find out..."

Those were Katsushige's words as he and Kiba began to move down the narrow alley, in the direction of the door that would eventually lead them into the sewers. Both were feeling neither confident, nor very calm about the matter, but their desire to help the people and Pokemon of Mediville spurred them on.

Katsushige put his hand around the rusted handle of the door (That seemed to be seldom used by the townsfolk, given the poor condition it was in), but hesitated before opening it, turning his head towards Harris to tell him exactly what he planned on doing.

"For now, we'll just try to determine the exact location of the Pokemon causing the problem. Unless you can come up with a way to catch it on such short notice, in which case, we can try luring it up here right away. Hopefully, it won't take us too long to find it..."

After he spoke, Katsushige opened the door, and the moment he did so, the odor seemed to double in strength, which was enough to make both the trainer and his Pokemon recoil, and take a few quick steps backwards.

"I hope I don't regret this..."

That was all Katsushige thought as he gazed at the stairs that led down into the darkness of the sewers, and then at Kiba, noticing he had a frightened look on his face. He was waiting to hear what Harris had to say before taking any further actions...

enchantress
5th October 2007, 4:04 PM
I have a question to ask. I'm doing OK with my responses as long as you don't say anything about them, right? But even if that's true, I was wondering if you see any ways in that I could improve my responses. It's just that I don't like to do a job that's merely satisfactory, and would prefer to aim for something that's a little higher.

Sorry if you thought this was an update, but I won't be updating until tomorrow or Sunday and wanted to address this ASAP.

I'm actually rather impressed with your replies, my only concern arising with your reply before this one in which you stated you do not believe Kiba has any chance of successfully battling a Grimer. While your reasoning behind it is sound, I do see a fault in it as I can see quite a successful strategy which can be used should a battle eventuate (I'm happy to go into detail via PM if you're not sure what I'm talking about). Keep in mind that I'm well aware of type disadvantages and the low levels in the Arcane Realm and I take all of that into consideration, including the movesets of both your Pokémon and whatever I choose to have you come across, before selecting one for you to encounter. I wouldn't put you up against one if I thought it couldn't be done.

Other than that all is good, so no worries there.

enchantress
6th October 2007, 7:19 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Hinote has taken quite a blow, but the fire in her eyes demonstrates she is far from willing to give up this fight. Considering her current disadvantage, this aren't looking so good for her, but she's quick to react by kicking her good foot upward and digging her claws as deeply as possible into Snubbull's wound before pushing with all of her might and Scratching it open further. Snubbull's cry of agony is part yelp, part howl, and as it scrambles backward off of Hinote, she leaps up and hops as high into the air as possible, kicking out as hard as she can and Scratching Snubbull across the face. The little bulldog is taken aback, shocked by the fact this miniature chook is putting up not only quite a strong fight, but seems to be winning. Contorting its Face into the Scariest looking mask possible, Snubbull's attempt to make Hinote back off fails miserably as she is just too fired up to be intimidated by the bully before her. Putting as much power as possible into her good leg, she leaps from the ground, aiming another Scratch for the wound in Snubbull's belly. While Snubbull is looking quite faint now, sweat beading upon its brow and its complexion rather pale due to the pain from its open wound, this little dog isn't the type to give up easily and spins around, its stubby little Tail Whipping Hinote. Snubbull then stands its ground, facing Hinote with a look of determination in its eyes, but Hinote just stares back at it with a manical grin on her face. This dog has bitten off more than it can chew, and she's confident she can take it out with very little effort right now...



Rakurai: "From what we can tell the creature has made its nest about a quarter mile into the sewers," Harris replies. "The last time someone tried to draw it out, the creature dragged their Pokémon away and carried if off deep into the system. Oddish hasn't been seen since..."

Realising this information isn't about to make you feel any more confident, Harris is quick to at least try putting your mind to rest.

"Your friend here has the advantage of being an Electric type," he continues, nodding toward Kiba. "With water being all around you down there he'll have a good chance of paralyzing the creature or at least hindering its movement. If you can disable it we can come down and dispose of it, or if you can draw it out we can trap it out here."

Taking his words into consideration, you figure that if you're going to get this done then there's no point in wasting time standing around outside. The townspeople are obviously at their wits end after having lost so many Pokémon in addition to their crops, and with you being their only hope there doesn't appear to be much choice in the matter. Turning the knob in the door leading into the sewage system, you take a deep breath, hoping for the best before opening the door and taking your first step inside.

If the odour in the streets had been bad, then this was definitely a hundred times worse. The putrid smell is so overpowering that both you and Kiba begin to gag, but after about a minute of breathing it in you become accustomed to it just enough to allow you to at least continue without bringing up your morning meals. Descending the stone steps one at a time, you soon find yourself standing in a long, dank, stone corridor with miles of tunnel on either side. Relying on Kiba's sense of smell to determine the direction in which you should go, he takes a minute to sniff the air in both directions before nodding to the left.

The tunnel is quite dark and approximately two metres wide, the only light dimly illuminating the passageway coming from small manhole covers overhead that are spaced at roughly fifty metre intervals. A waterway is running through the tunnel as well, taking up a good metre of the walkway to your right leaving you little room to navigate should you find yourself face to face with the toxic purple creature the townspeople have come to loathe. The stone walls are damp, much of it coated in a layer of filthy moss, and you can't help but feel it's about time this place was upgraded a little to suit the modern era. The sound of dripping water somewhere in the distance only adds to the nervousness you're feeling, as do your echoing footsteps as you walk along the long corridor.

Several minutes later you hear the distinct cry of pain, and hurry a little in order to find the source of the sound. Within minutes you come across another, narrower tunnel branching off to the left of the one you're following, and upon looking into it see a Grimer and Oddish engaged in quite a violent battle...

Rakurai
6th October 2007, 10:29 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon


Rakurai: "From what we can tell the creature has made its nest about a quarter mile into the sewers," Harris replies. "The last time someone tried to draw it out, the creature dragged their Pokémon away and carried if off deep into the system. Oddish hasn't been seen since..."

Realising this information isn't about to make you feel any more confident, Harris is quick to at least try putting your mind to rest.

"Your friend here has the advantage of being an Electric type," he continues, nodding toward Kiba. "With water being all around you down there he'll have a good chance of paralyzing the creature or at least hindering its movement. If you can disable it we can come down and dispose of it, or if you can draw it out we can trap it out here."

Taking his words into consideration, you figure that if you're going to get this done then there's no point in wasting time standing around outside. The townspeople are obviously at their wits end after having lost so many Pokémon in addition to their crops, and with you being their only hope there doesn't appear to be much choice in the matter. Turning the knob in the door leading into the sewage system, you take a deep breath, hoping for the best before opening the door and taking your first step inside.

If the odour in the streets had been bad, then this was definitely a hundred times worse. The putrid smell is so overpowering that both you and Kiba begin to gag, but after about a minute of breathing it in you become accustomed to it just enough to allow you to at least continue without bringing up your morning meals. Descending the stone steps one at a time, you soon find yourself standing in a long, dank, stone corridor with miles of tunnel on either side. Relying on Kiba's sense of smell to determine the direction in which you should go, he takes a minute to sniff the air in both directions before nodding to the left.

The tunnel is quite dark and approximately two metres wide, the only light dimly illuminating the passageway coming from small manhole covers overhead that are spaced at roughly fifty metre intervals. A waterway is running through the tunnel as well, taking up a good metre of the walkway to your right leaving you little room to navigate should you find yourself face to face with the toxic purple creature the townspeople have come to loathe. The stone walls are damp, much of it coated in a layer of filthy moss, and you can't help but feel it's about time this place was upgraded a little to suit the modern era. The sound of dripping water somewhere in the distance only adds to the nervousness you're feeling, as do your echoing footsteps as you walk along the long corridor.

Several minutes later you hear the distinct cry of pain, and hurry a little in order to find the source of the sound. Within minutes you come across another, narrower tunnel branching off to the left of the one you're following, and upon looking into it see a Grimer and Oddish engaged in quite a violent battle...

The sudden noise that broke the silence of the sewer made Kiba leap about a foot into the air, and also provoked a similar, but smaller reaction from Katsushige.

"That sounded like a Pokemon... Let's hurry before we lose it!"

Those were Katsushige's words as he hastily picked up the startled Electrike before running in the direction of the noise, not wanting to take the chance of getting separated.

After locating the tunnel the noise was coming from, he set Kiba down, and quietly took a look around the corner, spotting the Grimer that was most likely the source of the problem, as well as an Oddish, which he reasoned was probably the one that Harris had mentioned.

Since neither of the two Pokemon had seemed to notice him yet, Katsushige whispered his plan to Kiba, who was standing right behind him.

"This is it. That Oddish that went missing is battling with the Grimer we came down here to deal with. It looks like it could use your help, so I want to you to quickly hit that Grimer with a Thunder Wave before it notices us. Try to lead it out of that tunnel into the open, where we are now. That way, you'll have a bit more space to maneuver. Keeping your distance from it is essential, as from what I hear, simply touching one of those things is enough to make you sick."

Kiba gave a nod of his head to acknowledge the command before slowly moving into the tunnel, his body starting to throw off sparks of electricity as he prepared his attack.

Katsushige watched from around the corner, as thoughts of concern began to fill his mind.

"I hope he'll be okay. He has a definite speed advantage over that thing, plus that Oddish to back him up. But still, this is something new to him. I can tell that he's a bit tense..."

Ryuusei
7th October 2007, 11:09 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Kishu Arashi: Hinote has taken quite a blow, but the fire in her eyes demonstrates she is far from willing to give up this fight. Considering her current disadvantage, this aren't looking so good for her, but she's quick to react by kicking her good foot upward and digging her claws as deeply as possible into Snubbull's wound before pushing with all of her might and Scratching it open further. Snubbull's cry of agony is part yelp, part howl, and as it scrambles backward off of Hinote, she leaps up and hops as high into the air as possible, kicking out as hard as she can and Scratching Snubbull across the face. The little bulldog is taken aback, shocked by the fact this miniature chook is putting up not only quite a strong fight, but seems to be winning. Contorting its Face into the Scariest looking mask possible, Snubbull's attempt to make Hinote back off fails miserably as she is just too fired up to be intimidated by the bully before her. Putting as much power as possible into her good leg, she leaps from the ground, aiming another Scratch for the wound in Snubbull's belly. While Snubbull is looking quite faint now, sweat beading upon its brow and its complexion rather pale due to the pain from its open wound, this little dog isn't the type to give up easily and spins around, its stubby little Tail Whipping Hinote. Snubbull then stands its ground, facing Hinote with a look of determination in its eyes, but Hinote just stares back at it with a manical grin on her face. This dog has bitten off more than it can chew, and she's confident she can take it out with very little effort right now...

Seeing the young Hinote being able to dish out some good damage to the seemingly more experienced Snubbull gave Arashi the hope that she and Hinote could win as a team. Patting the young Skitty, she got ready a Love Ball for the Skitty, well, if the kitten wanted to join anyway. She held no worry for Hinote now for she seemed to be able to finish off the Snubbull with just one or two more attacks. Victory was theirs.

"Alright, finish that Snubbull off with two more Scratches. If that Pokemon still hasn't gone down with two scratches, find a weak spot and deal a final Scratch! You can beat him!" Arashi shouted rather enthusiastically, as she wanted Hinote to feel the thrill of winning her first battle and how it felt like. However, she did hope the young chick Pokemon wouldn't grow overconfident after a single victory.

Staring at the kitten in her arms, she looked at it and thought up of something at least, something that could persuade her to join her team. Holding out a Love Ball she received from the Starter Pack, she glanced at the pink cat and asked rather gently.

"Skitty, d'you wanna be part of my team?"

PeeGee
8th October 2007, 8:36 AM
First I have a question. Is it possible to change my pokemon's name?

A boy sat on the ground, flipping through a book. The boy had brown/blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a black shirt and a pair of blue board shorts. Around the boy's waist was a brown leather belt. The book that he held was a guide to Fizzy Bubbles.
Now lets see here, PikaGod thought as he observed the different areas available, The Ocean of Mystery is out because I don't have a water pokemon. The Graveyard looks interesting, though Nuzzles' Bide wouldn't even managed to touch the pokemon there.
PikaGod paused for a moment, in deep though about where to go. Then it hit him! Nuzzles was a grass type, so it sounded like the Forest of Adventure was a great place for him. Thinking of Nuzzles PikaGod realized that he should get an opinion from his one and only pokemon. PikaGod gripped a ball that was somehow clipped onto his belt. With a quick motion of his arm, PikaGod threw the red and white ball into the air. The ball smashed into the ground and seemed to break, but in fact it sent out a red beam that materialized into an acorn. The acorn had huge eyes and was about as tall as the height from PikaGod's foot to his knee.
"Hey there little fella," cooed PikaGod as he picked up his Seedot," Listen, how do you feel about going to the Forest of Adventure?"
The acorn looked at his owner and friend before making the closest thing he could to a nod.
"Well then let's go!" exclaimed PikaGod, putting the guidebook in his bag.
The trainer stood up and stretched before looking for the path to The Forest of Adventure.

enchantress
8th October 2007, 6:48 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Any time you like.

Entering the land known as the Arcane Realm, you spend some time reading through a guide book containing brief descriptions of the areas in which you can travel. While some areas seem more appealing than others, you finally decide upon the Forest of Mystery seeing as you believe Nuzzles will enjoy the environment. Allowing Nuzzles to travel by your side, a short while later you find yourself in the forest and walking along a thin trail worn into the grass. It's a beautiful day with sunlight filtering through the canopy of leaves overhead, and after several minutes of walking you find yourself faced with quite a disturbing scene. While a Ledyba is basking in a small patch of sunlight on the forest floor, a Starly swoops down from the branches above and begins attacking it quite ferociously...



Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Konan: From the look on Snubbull's face it seems the little bulldog is well aware of the fact Hinote has gotten the better of it, but its pride is clearly getting in the way. Refusing to give an inch to the little fire chick, Snubbull leaps forward and Tackles Hinote. Fortunately she's become rather accustomed to this by now and has learned from experience exactly how to get the dog off her. Snubbull on the other hand isn't quite as bright. While it pins Hinote beneath it, Hinote once again kicks out and Scratches Snubbull deeper into its open wound resulting in the dog releasing a weak, pained yelp and backing away from her. Hinote hops up, unwilling to allow her chance of defeating Snubbull to pass, and immediately Scratches it again. By this time with Snubbull looking like it's about to turn tail and run, Hinote moves in once more, putting all of her energy into one final Scratch which has Snubbull keeling over, KOed. Level up for Hinote.

With Hinote eying the snoozing Snubbull warily, Skitty looks at her with big adoring eyes. It's quite obvious the little kitten is now looking upon Hinote as being its saviour which makes your next decision a very easy one indeed. Reaching into your pocket, you remove an empty pink Pokéball inscribed with a purple heart. Holding the Love Ball up in front of Skitty, you gently ask if it would like to become a part of your team. Skitty looks up at you curiously, then at the Love Ball, before returning its gaze to Hinote. A moment later it looks back up at you with happy little eyes, reaching out its paw and triggering the ball's release mechanism. The little pink kitten is sucked inside, resulting in a Lv.2 female Skitty becoming the newest addition to your team.

At that moment, a small boy comes racing down the street screaming blue murder upon seeing Snubbull laying unconscious in the gutter. "What have you done to my Snubbull?!" he yells, before scooping it up in his arms and racing across the road to the Pokémon Centre. "You're gunna pay for this!", he yells again while disappearing through the doors. Shrugging, you figure you'll be long gone before he's ready to return and take pleasure in the fact you have an adorable new teammate to keep you company during future adventures...

And with Skitty's capture, you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House and are free to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are available to you, but for the time being you may only choose one to adventure in. Enjoy ^-^



Rakurai: It doesn't take long for you to assess the situation and realise that the Oddish involved in this battle with Grimer is the missing Pokémon Harris had earlier mentioned. Judging from the injuries to both Grimer and Oddish, combined with how exhausted they both appear to be, it seems this fight has been going on for quite some time. How Oddish has managed to survive this long is anyone's guess, but the fact it appears to have some Egg Moves on its side may be the reason the little blue bulb is still going strong. While you stand there watching, Oddish continues to put up the fight of its life unleashing a barrage of Bullet Seeds upon the purple sludge Pokémon but not before Grimer's body glows, Hardening itself against the attack. It retaliates quickly by moving in and Pounding Oddish hard only to be immediately whipped across the face with one of Oddish's little leaves. The sharp edges Cut Grimer who reaches out and Pounds Oddish again. While Oddish is retaliating with its Razor Leaf, you instruct Kiba to intervene as you know you need to help Oddish while stopping Grimer in the process.

Kiba, looking rather tense as he's never been involved in a real Pokémon battle before, nods his understanding and moves in closer. Thankfully Grimer and Oddish are both too busy to have noticed either one of you yet, and are completely unaware of the fact their battle is about to be interrupted. With Kiba moving in you notice an unnatural gooey type of ooze on the ground which appears to be coming from Grimer. Thinking it has to be the sludge Pokémon's version of blood, this could mean that if luck is on your side the fact it is injured may help to make your job a little easier. Kiba watches closely, waiting for just the right chance to attack, and as soon as Grimer moves over a wet patch of stone, makes his move. Aiming his Thunder Wave into the wet patch Grimer is sitting in, the small tendrils of electricity charge the water and cause Grimer to begin convulsing violently as its body is wracked with electrical energy. Both Pokémon appear shocked upon finally noticing your presence, and in what has to be the most unexpected twist in this morning's events, Oddish releases and angry cry and leaps in between Kiba and Grimer. Facing Kiba with a look of pure rage on its little face, Oddish appears to be ready and willing to do him harm should Kiba even attempt to attack Grimer again...

Ryuusei
8th October 2007, 9:35 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Konan: From the look on Snubbull's face it seems the little bulldog is well aware of the fact Hinote has gotten the better of it, but its pride is clearly getting in the way. Refusing to give an inch to the little fire chick, Snubbull leaps forward and Tackles Hinote. Fortunately she's become rather accustomed to this by now and has learned from experience exactly how to get the dog off her. Snubbull on the other hand isn't quite as bright. While it pins Hinote beneath it, Hinote once again kicks out and Scratches Snubbull deeper into its open wound resulting in the dog releasing a weak, pained yelp and backing away from her. Hinote hops up, unwilling to allow her chance of defeating Snubbull to pass, and immediately Scratches it again. By this time with Snubbull looking like it's about to turn tail and run, Hinote moves in once more, putting all of her energy into one final Scratch which has Snubbull keeling over, KOed. Level up for Hinote.

With Hinote eying the snoozing Snubbull warily, Skitty looks at her with big adoring eyes. It's quite obvious the little kitten is now looking upon Hinote as being its saviour which makes your next decision a very easy one indeed. Reaching into your pocket, you remove an empty pink Pokéball inscribed with a purple heart. Holding the Love Ball up in front of Skitty, you gently ask if it would like to become a part of your team. Skitty looks up at you curiously, then at the Love Ball, before returning its gaze to Hinote. A moment later it looks back up at you with happy little eyes, reaching out its paw and triggering the ball's release mechanism. The little pink kitten is sucked inside, resulting in a Lv.2 female Skitty becoming the newest addition to your team.

At that moment, a small boy comes racing down the street screaming blue murder upon seeing Snubbull laying unconscious in the gutter. "What have you done to my Snubbull?!" he yells, before scooping it up in his arms and racing across the road to the Pokémon Centre. "You're gunna pay for this!", he yells again while disappearing through the doors. Shrugging, you figure you'll be long gone before he's ready to return and take pleasure in the fact you have an adorable new teammate to keep you company during future adventures...

And with Skitty's capture, you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House and are free to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are available to you, but for the time being you may only choose one to adventure in. Enjoy ^-^

Seeing Hinote being sharp and learning on how to avoid repeating the same mistakes, easily finding a fast counter to Snubbull's repeative assault, Arashi smiled. She had learnt a lot from this battle and it seemed like the young chick did too. The brunette's hair blew in the wind as her Torchic mustered up all her strength to deliver a strong Scratch attack to knock out the pink colored Pokemon. The young Pokemon seemed to have gained strength and appeared to have levelled, causing the girl the put on a huge grin, something quite rare for her.

Seeing the young kitten look around at Hinote before entering the Love Ball, the female was overjoyed. It was her first Pokemon capture and it meant she could do loads more now. Suddenly hearing a young boy's shout, the girl turned around to see an angered trainer who took his Snubull away. Deciding that this was the perfect time to leave, she dashed off, recalling Hinote into her Pokeball. This part of her journey would be etched onto the back of her mind, being the first ever and surprising journey. Hoping the boy from earlier wouldn't come chasing after her, she dashed out of Mediville and the Arcane Realm, ready to take on bigger challenges.

Thanks very much for the great RPing. I'll be taking a day or two off before moving off to a zone. And thanks for giving me to privelege to the Egg House.

Rakurai
8th October 2007, 11:53 PM
Rakurai: It doesn't take long for you to assess the situation and realise that the Oddish involved in this battle with Grimer is the missing Pokémon Harris had earlier mentioned. Judging from the injuries to both Grimer and Oddish, combined with how exhausted they both appear to be, it seems this fight has been going on for quite some time. How Oddish has managed to survive this long is anyone's guess, but the fact it appears to have some Egg Moves on its side may be the reason the little blue bulb is still going strong. While you stand there watching, Oddish continues to put up the fight of its life unleashing a barrage of Bullet Seeds upon the purple sludge Pokémon but not before Grimer's body glows, Hardening itself against the attack. It retaliates quickly by moving in and Pounding Oddish hard only to be immediately whipped across the face with one of Oddish's little leaves. The sharp edges Cut Grimer who reaches out and Pounds Oddish again. While Oddish is retaliating with its Razor Leaf, you instruct Kiba to intervene as you know you need to help Oddish while stopping Grimer in the process.

Kiba, looking rather tense as he's never been involved in a real Pokémon battle before, nods his understanding and moves in closer. Thankfully Grimer and Oddish are both too busy to have noticed either one of you yet, and are completely unaware of the fact their battle is about to be interrupted. With Kiba moving in you notice an unnatural gooey type of ooze on the ground which appears to be coming from Grimer. Thinking it has to be the sludge Pokémon's version of blood, this could mean that if luck is on your side the fact it is injured may help to make your job a little easier. Kiba watches closely, waiting for just the right chance to attack, and as soon as Grimer moves over a wet patch of stone, makes his move. Aiming his Thunder Wave into the wet patch Grimer is sitting in, the small tendrils of electricity charge the water and cause Grimer to begin convulsing violently as its body is wracked with electrical energy. Both Pokémon appear shocked upon finally noticing your presence, and in what has to be the most unexpected twist in this morning's events, Oddish releases and angry cry and leaps in between Kiba and Grimer. Facing Kiba with a look of pure rage on its little face, Oddish appears to be ready and willing to do him harm should Kiba even attempt to attack Grimer again...

Kiba was rather surprised by how the Oddish reacted to his attempt to render assistance, and backed away from the angry plant with a guilty look on his face, as if to express apology for his intrusion.

"I guess it wants to finish what it started on its own...", Katsushige said to himself in an irritated tone, obviously upset by how rudely his friend's help had been rejected.

"Kiba, come over to me, and we'll watch how this battle wraps up from a distance. You might need to get involved later."

At those words, Kiba promptly ran back to his trainer, who was now standing in the open. "Maybe I ought to explain to that Oddish why we're here in the first place...", Katsushige thought to himself, reasoning that the Oddish's harsh reaction may have simply been a result of a misunderstanding. After a moment, he decided to speak up.

"We came here to stop that Grimer that's been causing the town so many problems lately. A man named Harris told us that it had taken an Oddish down here, and I'm guessing that would be you. We figured you might need some help, but if you want to fight on your own, that's fine with us."

"Regardless of the outcome, this problem is pretty much in the bag, since the Grimer looks like it's in pretty bad shape, meaning we can probably finish the job if that Oddish can't knock it out."

PeeGee
9th October 2007, 12:26 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Entering the land known as the Arcane Realm, you spend some time reading through a guide book containing brief descriptions of the areas in which you can travel. While some areas seem more appealing than others, you finally decide upon the Forest of Mystery seeing as you believe Nuzzles will enjoy the environment. Allowing Nuzzles to travel by your side, a short while later you find yourself in the forest and walking along a thin trail worn into the grass. It's a beautiful day with sunlight filtering through the canopy of leaves overhead, and after several minutes of walking you find yourself faced with quite a disturbing scene. While a Ledyba is basking in a small patch of sunlight on the forest floor, a Starly swoops down from the branches above and begins attacking it quite ferociously...

PikaGod walked through the forest, amazed by it immense size and beauty. At his side a small acorn-like pokemon hopped gleefully. Nuzzles was absolutely ecstatic about being in a forest again. When he got caught by PikaGod's mother, Nuzzles had never been able to go back to a forest, because PikaGod's mother thought that it was too dangerous.
"So do you like it here?" mockingly asked PikaGod, who knew that Nuzzles liked the Forest.
The Seedot gave his trainer a look that could have been a look that said 'Are your kidding' either that or Nuzzles could be constipated but PikaGod chose the former. As the pair continued to walk on they saw a small red bug pokemon basking in the sun. PikaGod smiled at it because of the relaxed expression on its face until he saw the Starly. As the small bird attacked the bug PikaGod took a brief glance at Nuzzles, thinking about a way to possibly get rid the attacking bird. Nuzzles noticed PikaGod's glance and rolled his eyes. Nuzzles had a slight suspicion about what PikaGod was thinking about and to him it was obvious what to do.
"Nuzzles are you ready to help that pokemon?" asked PikaGod.
The Seedot looked at his trainer before doing the closest thing he could to a nod.
"Okay then, try to find a way to get that Starly to attack you and then use Bide and when you have stored enough energy let the little bugger get its punishment for attacking that Ledyba!" PikaGod ordered.
The grass pokemon nodded before running to the Starly.

enchantress
9th October 2007, 5:40 PM
Might I suggest to those of you who appear to be struggling with your Pokémon's limited movesets, to consider depositing them into the Move Tutor for a few days? Just one reasonably effective egg move on their side will help immensely with replies and you'll be free to pick up where we've left off here after you've picked them up. This is only a suggestion, you can take it or leave it, so the choice is yours.



Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Impressed with the size and beauty of the Forest of Mystery, you walk along engaging in some friendly banter with Nuzzles. Upon spying Ledyba basking in the sunlight you can't help but smile at the relaxed and carefree expression on the little bug's face, and when witnessing it come under attack from a Starly are quick to leap to the bugs aide. Nuzzles rolls his eyes, knowing before you say anything that you'll want to help Ledyba, or more accurately want him to help Ledyba, and immediately obeys your instructions. While Starly is flapping its wings in Ledyba's face, Nuzzles runs up and leaps in front of the helpless bug, drawing Starly's attention to him instead. Your plan has definitely worked, because Starly is so annoyed with Nuzzles for getting in its way that it Tackles him, but not before Nuzzles begins Biding his time, waiting for the right opportunity to unleash the energy he's beginning to store. He stands his ground while Starly swoops up high, watching as the angry bird comes Flying toward him. Upon impact, Nuzzles is sent rolling across the forest floor, spinning over and over before coming to a stop. He's feeling a little dizzy after that, but still holds his ground, feeling the energy building up inside. Starly is beginning to wonder why Nuzzles isn't moving at all, and while it circles around the treeline just above Nuzzles, Ledyba makes its escape. Starly doesn't appear to be interested in the little bug anymore though as it's more curious about Nuzzles and swoops down to Tackle him, wondering when the little acorn will retaliate...



Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: Oddish's expression seems to soften upon noting the guilty look on Kiba's face, and when Kiba retreats, signifying he's taken the message and won't interfere again, it is now Oddish who appears to be feeling guilty. Grimer's face is contorted into a mask of pain, and it is only now that you begin to suspect there is something more going on here that you're completely unaware of. It groans, saying something to Oddish who responds with something you don't understand. Whatever it is they're talking about, Kiba's attention has been perked, and he takes a step closer. Oddish gives him a warning glance, but upon hearing you out nods its understanding and allows Kiba to move in closer to Grimer. Now even more confused, you take a step closer as well to try and get the gist of the conversation going on between the three Pokémon.

While Grimer lays back, Oddish points its little leaves toward something that appears to be embedded in the sludge Pokémon's underside, and upon closer inspection you find it to be quite a large piece of broken glass. Grimer's arms are far too pudgy and not quite long enough to pull the glass out, and Oddish doesn't have any arms and is so unable to help it. While the three natter between themselves the picture soon becomes clear as it seems Oddish and Grimer aren't mortal enemies after all. Grimer had initially pulled Oddish into the sewers as it had needed help removing the glass, but every time a trainer and Pokémon came near it all they would do is attack. At its wits end, it has stolen Oddish, and after explaining it's situation had befriended it. Unfortunately Oddish was helpless to aid Grimer considering it has no arms, and so the two have been battling non-stop in the vain hope of helping Oddish grow strong enough to evolve. As a Gloom, it will have arms and be able to help Grimer which is why it was so angry about the intrusion.

All three Pokémon then seem to finish talking and look up at you, wondering what you'll decide to do next...

Rakurai
10th October 2007, 12:53 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: Oddish's expression seems to soften upon noting the guilty look on Kiba's face, and when Kiba retreats, signifying he's taken the message and won't interfere again, it is now Oddish who appears to be feeling guilty. Grimer's face is contorted into a mask of pain, and it is only now that you begin to suspect there is something more going on here that you're completely unaware of. It groans, saying something to Oddish who responds with something you don't understand. Whatever it is they're talking about, Kiba's attention has been perked, and he takes a step closer. Oddish gives him a warning glance, but upon hearing you out nods its understanding and allows Kiba to move in closer to Grimer. Now even more confused, you take a step closer as well to try and get the gist of the conversation going on between the three Pokémon.

While Grimer lays back, Oddish points its little leaves toward something that appears to be embedded in the sludge Pokémon's underside, and upon closer inspection you find it to be quite a large piece of broken glass. Grimer's arms are far too pudgy and not quite long enough to pull the glass out, and Oddish doesn't have any arms and is so unable to help it. While the three natter between themselves the picture soon becomes clear as it seems Oddish and Grimer aren't mortal enemies after all. Grimer had initially pulled Oddish into the sewers as it had needed help removing the glass, but every time a trainer and Pokémon came near it all they would do is attack. At its wits end, it has stolen Oddish, and after explaining it's situation had befriended it. Unfortunately Oddish was helpless to aid Grimer considering it has no arms, and so the two have been battling non-stop in the vain hope of helping Oddish grow strong enough to evolve. As a Gloom, it will have arms and be able to help Grimer which is why it was so angry about the intrusion.

All three Pokémon then seem to finish talking and look up at you, wondering what you'll decide to do next...

Katsushige tried his best to make some sense of what in the world the three Pokemon were talking about, but failed completely, only grasping the fact that the Oddish had no intention of beating the Grimer senseless, judging from the fact that the two seemed to have forgotten about battling completely, and were simply chatting with each other now.

"Well, this is certainly an interesting development. I have a feeling that this Grimer is completely unaware of all the trouble it's causing by being down here. Perhaps if I do it a favor, it'll be willing to go somewhere else. Or maybe it wants to go somewhere else, but that glass is making it too painful for it to do so."

He looked at the piece of glass that was stuck in the Grimer as he thought about what to do. Eventually, he decided to make an offer to the troubled Pokemon.

"I guess I could remove that piece of glass for you. But if I do, could you promise that you'll find a new home? It's just that by being down here, you seem to be causing a lot of problems for this town, though you can't really help it. That's probably why everyone keeps attacking you. I'll clear things up with the townsfolk to make sure you aren't the victim of any future attacks, as well. They might even be willing to help you find a place to live."

I guess if I'm going to do this, I'd better be careful.", Katsushige thought to himself, before pulling a piece of cloth out of his bag to cover his hand with, so as to avoid coming into direct contact with the Grimer's toxic body.

He waited to see if the Grimer would be willing to agree to his terms before removing the piece of glass...

PeeGee
10th October 2007, 6:09 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Impressed with the size and beauty of the Forest of Mystery, you walk along engaging in some friendly banter with Nuzzles. Upon spying Ledyba basking in the sunlight you can't help but smile at the relaxed and carefree expression on the little bug's face, and when witnessing it come under attack from a Starly are quick to leap to the bugs aide. Nuzzles rolls his eyes, knowing before you say anything that you'll want to help Ledyba, or more accurately want him to help Ledyba, and immediately obeys your instructions. While Starly is flapping its wings in Ledyba's face, Nuzzles runs up and leaps in front of the helpless bug, drawing Starly's attention to him instead. Your plan has definitely worked, because Starly is so annoyed with Nuzzles for getting in its way that it Tackles him, but not before Nuzzles begins Biding his time, waiting for the right opportunity to unleash the energy he's beginning to store. He stands his ground while Starly swoops up high, watching as the angry bird comes Flying toward him. Upon impact, Nuzzles is sent rolling across the forest floor, spinning over and over before coming to a stop. He's feeling a little dizzy after that, but still holds his ground, feeling the energy building up inside. Starly is beginning to wonder why Nuzzles isn't moving at all, and while it circles around the treeline just above Nuzzles, Ledyba makes its escape. Starly doesn't appear to be interested in the little bug anymore though as it's more curious about Nuzzles and swoops down to Tackle him, wondering when the little acorn will retaliate...

PikaGod winced as he saw his pokemon get hit by the Starly. Apparently the small bird could pack a wallop. And all Nuzzles could actually do is absorb the energy.
Memo to self thought the trainer, After we are finished in the Forest of Adventure, take Nuzzles to the Move Tutor.
Just after he thought that PikaGod saw his acorn pokemon get smashed by the bird again. And once again the newbie trainer winced.
"Go Nuzzles!" he yelled out, "Show that stupid bird who is boss!"
While trying to encourage his pokemon PikaGod secretly hoped that Nuzzles still had enough energy left in him so that the grass type would survive to use his bide attack.
I wonder, wondered PikaGod, What if Nuzzles has enough energy in him so that I can catch that Starly?
With that thought in his mind PikaGod unconsciously grabbed the Net Ball on his belt.
Well I can only know if it happens, PikaGod thought.
"Nuzzles! Unleash energy!" screamed out PikaGod to his pokemon, hoping that he had a chance of catching the Starly.
After yelling out his order, PikaGod paid close attention to his Seedot hoping that his plan would work.

enchantress
12th October 2007, 5:55 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Considering Nuzzles' distinct type disadvantage against Starly, you can only hope the little guy actually manages to survive long enough to be able to unleash his energy. First instructing him to show Starly who is boss, you cross your fingers praying that Starly won't knock him out while he continues to absorb the energy from the birds attacks. Starly is quite an opponent, very fast and extremely strong against your little grass type. It uses a Quick Attack/Tackle Combo, once again causing Nuzzles to go rolly polly across the forest floor before coming to a complete stop. If anything, Nuzzles is looking a little annoyed by the fact he is helpless to do anything other than take the abuse Starly is dishing out, but a little gleam in his eye signifies his pleasure with the fact he can feel the energy building. His eyes follow Starly's every move, and Starly appears to think it has Nuzzles at its mercy while it circles around above him, squawking threateningly. When Starly makes its move and swoops in with Fly, Nuzzles knows it's a do or die situation. The flying attack could very well KO Nuzzles on the spot, but if it doesn't he is home free. The impact knocks Nuzzles off his feet, and this time when he comes to a stop your breath catches in your throat as Nuzzles doesn't appear to be moving. He's just laying on the forest floor, but after what seems like an eternity he opens his eyes. Starly sees this, shocked that its attack hasn't knocked out this cheeky little intruder, and it moves in for one final attack. Nuzzles is ready though, and while he lays there on the ground, watching Starly swoop in, he can feel a surging energy inside of him. He'd taken a heavy blow from that last attack, but the advantage was that he now has more than enough inside of him to take Starly out. Hearing your command to unleash his energy, Nuzzles waits until Starly is only a metre away before releasing a powerful beam filled with Normal and Flying Energy. It strikes Starly hard in the chest, the bird's eyes bulging with shock when it realises what Nuzzles has been doing all of this time, before it drops to the ground with an angry screech. Watching with baited breath you're nervous when you see that Nuzzles isn't moving, and upon moving closer see that the energy he had used has caused him to pass out. Looking at Starly you see it's still conscious, though barely. It's on the ground, squawking weakly, not even having enough energy to take flight and flee...



Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: With this unexpected development coming completely out of left field, you decide to reason with Grimer in the hope that it will have a better understanding as to why people are attacking. It looks guilty upon hearing what you have to say, so guilty that its eyes begin to ooze something you're guessing are tears. It's obvious Grimer doesn't want to harm anyone, it just wants some help so it can continue moving on to wherever it was going when it was passing through the Mediville sewer line and ended up in trouble. It nods, understanding and agreeing to your terms allowing you to move closer while Oddish watches the goings on carefully.

Ensuring your hands are well protected, you remove the glass from Grimer whose face turns from a mask of agony to one of relief. It's still not out of the woods though, as it is still leaking that gooey, bloody substance at a much faster rate. Grimer is quite pale, and Oddish is tapping your arm with its little leaves, urging you to continue on and out of the sewers while Grimer still has the energy to move unaided. It's slow going, and while you walk along with Kiba, Oddish and Grimer, the sludge Pokémon is becoming weaker and weaker. You're afraid that it's not going to make it to the exit when you see the stone stairway a few metres ahead.

Finally emerging into sunlight you find Harris and the other townsfolk you'd met earlier waiting. Upon seeing you exit the door, it appears they're ready and waiting for Grimer, but what you find does not please you at all. Rather than trying to catch Grimer and then "dispose" of it someplace else, it appears they were quite literal in the sense of wanting to dispose of Grimer - permanently. They are waiting by the entrance with hunting rifles aimed for the door, and when Grimer begins to emerge from the stairwell they aim for it, ready to shoot...

PeeGee
12th October 2007, 10:36 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Considering Nuzzles' distinct type disadvantage against Starly, you can only hope the little guy actually manages to survive long enough to be able to unleash his energy. First instructing him to show Starly who is boss, you cross your fingers praying that Starly won't knock him out while he continues to absorb the energy from the birds attacks. Starly is quite an opponent, very fast and extremely strong against your little grass type. It uses a Quick Attack/Tackle Combo, once again causing Nuzzles to go rolly polly across the forest floor before coming to a complete stop. If anything, Nuzzles is looking a little annoyed by the fact he is helpless to do anything other than take the abuse Starly is dishing out, but a little gleam in his eye signifies his pleasure with the fact he can feel the energy building. His eyes follow Starly's every move, and Starly appears to think it has Nuzzles at its mercy while it circles around above him, squawking threateningly. When Starly makes its move and swoops in with Fly, Nuzzles knows it's a do or die situation. The flying attack could very well KO Nuzzles on the spot, but if it doesn't he is home free. The impact knocks Nuzzles off his feet, and this time when he comes to a stop your breath catches in your throat as Nuzzles doesn't appear to be moving. He's just laying on the forest floor, but after what seems like an eternity he opens his eyes. Starly sees this, shocked that its attack hasn't knocked out this cheeky little intruder, and it moves in for one final attack. Nuzzles is ready though, and while he lays there on the ground, watching Starly swoop in, he can feel a surging energy inside of him. He'd taken a heavy blow from that last attack, but the advantage was that he now has more than enough inside of him to take Starly out. Hearing your command to unleash his energy, Nuzzles waits until Starly is only a metre away before releasing a powerful beam filled with Normal and Flying Energy. It strikes Starly hard in the chest, the bird's eyes bulging with shock when it realises what Nuzzles has been doing all of this time, before it drops to the ground with an angry screech. Watching with baited breath you're nervous when you see that Nuzzles isn't moving, and upon moving closer see that the energy he had used has caused him to pass out. Looking at Starly you see it's still conscious, though barely. It's on the ground, squawking weakly, not even having enough energy to take flight and flee...

PikaGod watched the beam of energy smash into the Starly. The trainer was about to yell out congratulations to Nuzzles but PikaGod saw that he was knocked out.
That last attack must have really taken out alot of energy, thought PikaGod.
PikaGod rushed over to his fallen pokemon and picked the Seedot up and started to cradle him.
"You did well little fella," whispered PikaGod as he gripped Nuzzles' pokeball.
In a beam of red light the Seedot was returned to his pokeball. PikaGod finally noticed the Starly as he clipped his pokemon's pokeball back onto his belt. The trainer's eyes lit up, he might finally get his first catch.
"You're mine," muttered the trainer.
PikaGod grabbed the Net Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=6259399&postcount=3) and threw towards the nearly fainted pokemon.
C'mon, c'mon, thought PikaGod as the ball hurtled towards the Starly.

Enchantress, this update was really hard to right about ten lines for so I tried my best to get to ten lines and still have it be reasonable.

enchantress
12th October 2007, 11:13 AM
My suggestion is to try and RP in your feelings while you're watching the battle unfold rather than starting from the point at which it finished. It'll give you some RP experience, and also help you to relate to what your Pokémon may be feeling. As for the Net Ball, can you please edit the link into your update? All items shoud be linked to when they're being used. Whether they're balls, potions, or whatever.

You've been trying, I'll give you credit for that. So long as you keep on trying you'll get to the point where you won't even need to think about your reply before you start, it'll just come naturally.

Considering you have a ten line size one font limit, you're doing well ^-~

PeeGee
12th October 2007, 12:27 PM
I put in the link.

Rakurai
12th October 2007, 1:07 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: With this unexpected development coming completely out of left field, you decide to reason with Grimer in the hope that it will have a better understanding as to why people are attacking. It looks guilty upon hearing what you have to say, so guilty that its eyes begin to ooze something you're guessing are tears. It's obvious Grimer doesn't want to harm anyone, it just wants some help so it can continue moving on to wherever it was going when it was passing through the Mediville sewer line and ended up in trouble. It nods, understanding and agreeing to your terms allowing you to move closer while Oddish watches the goings on carefully.

Ensuring your hands are well protected, you remove the glass from Grimer whose face turns from a mask of agony to one of relief. It's still not out of the woods though, as it is still leaking that gooey, bloody substance at a much faster rate. Grimer is quite pale, and Oddish is tapping your arm with its little leaves, urging you to continue on and out of the sewers while Grimer still has the energy to move unaided. It's slow going, and while you walk along with Kiba, Oddish and Grimer, the sludge Pokémon is becoming weaker and weaker. You're afraid that it's not going to make it to the exit when you see the stone stairway a few metres ahead.

Finally emerging into sunlight you find Harris and the other townsfolk you'd met earlier waiting. Upon seeing you exit the door, it appears they're ready and waiting for Grimer, but what you find does not please you at all. Rather than trying to catch Grimer and then "dispose" of it someplace else, it appears they were quite literal in the sense of wanting to dispose of Grimer - permanently. They are waiting by the entrance with hunting rifles aimed for the door, and when Grimer begins to emerge from the stairwell they aim for it, ready to shoot...

Katsushige and Kiba both felt rather relieved for multiple reasons, among them the fact that no real battle took place, and the fact that both of them had come out of the situation unscathed. But, the Grimer's injury was still pressing on their minds.

"Just a little more, and this will be all over...", Katsushige thought to himself, as he saw the stairs leading up to the surface. However, upon finally exiting the sewers, the sight of Harris and the other men with their rifles instantly made most of his relief disappear.

Reacting impulsively, he moved in front of the Grimer who had emerged from the sewers just after him and Kiba, and quickly spoke up, looking very angry as he did so. Kiba followed his trainer's lead, moving in front of the Grimer as well, after which he began releasing a low growl to show his disapproval for what the men were intending to do.

"What's the meaning of this?! You said you and the others were going to trap the Grimer, not shoot it. I know it's caused a lot of problems, but none of it was intentional. This Grimer was simply passing through this area, but it got injured, which kept it from leaving. That's the only reason why the water pollution has gotten so out of hand."

Pausing for a moment, Katsushige took out the piece of glass that had been stuck in the Grimer, and unwrapped the cloth from around it before holding it up for all to see. Both the glass and cloth had some purplish residue on them. He had kept them for the sake of being able to offer a better explanation of what had happened down in the sewers, not expecting that something like what was happening now would've taken place. He then continued on with his explanation.

"This is what kept this Grimer from reaching the destination it had in mind. Also, the Oddish that disappeared is alive and well. In fact, it's with us right now. It turns out the Grimer dragged it off simply because it wanted help with removing the glass, and now the two are friends. Oddish was battling with this Grimer in hopes of evolving so it could gain the arms necessary to help it out. It can personally attest to the fact that this Grimer meant the town no harm. So, please spare the poor thing. Right now, it could really use some treatment at a Pokemon Center, since that glass caused a pretty serious injury."

Having finished his long winded explanation, Katsushige took a deep breath, then crossed his arms as he waited to see how the men would react to what he had just said. Kiba looked a little surprised by his trainer's strong response to the situation, having never seen him speak out in such a way before. He stopped growling, and gave a slow nod of his head to show the men that he wholeheartedly agreed with everything his trainer had just said...

enchantress
15th October 2007, 6:23 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Lifting Nuzzles gently from the ground, you look over him first, congratulating him for a battle well fought before returning him to his ball to rest. Turning your attention to Starly you pray it's weak enough to capture, throwing your Net Ball at it and watching with baited breath while the bird is sucked inside. Starly attempts to put up a fight, and you watch the Pokéball wobbling wildly on the ground for what seems like forever before Starly finally loses the battle and the ball falls still. The capture light turns green, signalling your successful capture of a Lv.5 female Starly. Before you even have a chance to retrieve the ball from the ground Ledyba appears from the bushes, staring at you with wide, adoring eyes. It seems this little one is very grateful to you for having saved its life and a moment later it runs over to you, plopping a Lum Berry at your feet. Ledyba then turns and heads back off into the bushes, turning around to look at you as though asking, "What are you waiting for?" Seems this little one wants you to follow it...


Starly's capture has unlocked your rights to the Egg House, but I'd like to keep you here a little longer just to see how you go. I've left the update at a point where you can choose to continue with this adventure or move off into another area. Whatever you choose to do, the stipulations we've previously discussed still apply.



Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: With both you and Kiba standing protectively in front of Grimer while you berate Harris and his friends for even entertaining the thought of harming the poor creature, Oddish appears from the doorway as well, it's little face twisting into a mask of pure rage upon seeing rifles pointed at its friend. It leaps in front of all three of you before stalking up to Harris and kicking him in the ankle resulting in all of the townspeople lowering their weapons. Seeing Oddish's reaction to the situation has only confirmed in their minds that every word of your story is true, and if that's the case then it is unfair to punish Grimer for something it has had no control over. Shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair in a manner that portrays he has no idea what to do, Harris looks from Oddish to Grimer to you, before finally speaking.

"Well then, this certainly does change things," he says quietly, his gaze returning to Grimer. "It also sheds light on the matter since it explains everything that has been happening as of late. We cannot punish an innocent creature when it is not in the wrong, but we cannot allow it to stay here either. Our town is in ruins and the longer it stays here, the worse the pollution will become."

"The Pokémon Centre is across the street," Harris continues, pointing to a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over top of the entrance door. "You've already done our town a great service by finding the source of the trouble, but if you can do us one last favour and please see that Grimer is tended to before you leave we'll appreciate it immensely."

Reaching into his pocket, Harris removes a green and white Pokéball embedded with red and yellow gems.

"This is for you," he says, handing it to you. "A Friend Ball (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/friendball.gif) given in thanks for your services to our town, and a reminder that you will always be welcome here. Perhaps when Mediville has recovered from this seasons catastrophe you will consider returning to see us at our best rather than our worst."

A few minutes later, after taking leave of Harris and his friends, you enter the Pokémon Centre with Grimer and Oddish. Oddish is refusing to leave Grimer's side until it knows its friend is okay, and watches protectively while the nurse tends to Grimer after having heard your explanation of events. The nurse is understanding of the situation and patches Grimer up as best she can for the time being, but the look of concern in her pale blue eyes has you worried.

"Grimer is going to need some care until this wound has fully healed, but we can't keep it here for I fear not all of the townspeople will be understanding of its situation" she says, a little frown creasing her brow. "It'll have to leave, but could end up with a terrible infection if left a..."

Before she has an opportunity to finish speaking, Oddish leaps to the counter pointing its little leaves toward Grimer and then puffing out its chest. Obviously Oddish feels its perfectly capable of taking care of its friend and is willing to leave Mediville and its trainer to care for it.

"That's not exactly what I had in mind Oddish," the nurse laughs, both amused and delighted by the loyalty the little grass type is showing its injured friend. Looking back to you expectantly she asks, "Would you be willing to travel with Grimer for a little while? At least until it's well enough to travel on its own?"

Rakurai
16th October 2007, 10:24 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: With both you and Kiba standing protectively in front of Grimer while you berate Harris and his friends for even entertaining the thought of harming the poor creature, Oddish appears from the doorway as well, it's little face twisting into a mask of pure rage upon seeing rifles pointed at its friend. It leaps in front of all three of you before stalking up to Harris and kicking him in the ankle resulting in all of the townspeople lowering their weapons. Seeing Oddish's reaction to the situation has only confirmed in their minds that every word of your story is true, and if that's the case then it is unfair to punish Grimer for something it has had no control over. Shaking his head and running his fingers through his hair in a manner that portrays he has no idea what to do, Harris looks from Oddish to Grimer to you, before finally speaking.

"Well then, this certainly does change things," he says quietly, his gaze returning to Grimer. "It also sheds light on the matter since it explains everything that has been happening as of late. We cannot punish an innocent creature when it is not in the wrong, but we cannot allow it to stay here either. Our town is in ruins and the longer it stays here, the worse the pollution will become."

"The Pokémon Centre is across the street," Harris continues, pointing to a small stone building with a large Pokéball design over top of the entrance door. "You've already done our town a great service by finding the source of the trouble, but if you can do us one last favour and please see that Grimer is tended to before you leave we'll appreciate it immensely."

Reaching into his pocket, Harris removes a green and white Pokéball embedded with red and yellow gems.

"This is for you," he says, handing it to you. "A Friend Ball (http://www.upnetwork.net/fb/sprites/items/friendball.gif) given in thanks for your services to our town, and a reminder that you will always be welcome here. Perhaps when Mediville has recovered from this seasons catastrophe you will consider returning to see us at our best rather than our worst."

A few minutes later, after taking leave of Harris and his friends, you enter the Pokémon Centre with Grimer and Oddish. Oddish is refusing to leave Grimer's side until it knows its friend is okay, and watches protectively while the nurse tends to Grimer after having heard your explanation of events. The nurse is understanding of the situation and patches Grimer up as best she can for the time being, but the look of concern in her pale blue eyes has you worried.

"Grimer is going to need some care until this wound has fully healed, but we can't keep it here for I fear not all of the townspeople will be understanding of its situation" she says, a little frown creasing her brow. "It'll have to leave, but could end up with a terrible infection if left a..."

Before she has an opportunity to finish speaking, Oddish leaps to the counter pointing its little leaves toward Grimer and then puffing out its chest. Obviously Oddish feels its perfectly capable of taking care of its friend and is willing to leave Mediville and its trainer to care for it.

"That's not exactly what I had in mind Oddish," the nurse laughs, both amused and delighted by the loyalty the little grass type is showing its injured friend. Looking back to you expectantly she asks, "Would you be willing to travel with Grimer for a little while? At least until it's well enough to travel on its own?"

Katsushige turned to look at Kiba, who was sitting a good distance away from the Grimer, and noticed he seemed to be trying very hard to hide a look of disgust. The smell of the Grimer wasn't nearly as powerful as it had been back in the sewer, but evidently, it still seemed to be bothering Kiba a lot.

"Somehow, I don't think having that Grimer around forever is going to work out. But I think Kiba can at least bear with it until it recovers..."

Having already come to a decision, Katsushige turned to the nurse and spoke up.

"Well, since we're the ones who helped Grimer get out of this mess, I feel its our responsibility to watch over it until it can go off on its own again."

Turning to the Oddish, he said, "I know you're worried about Grimer, but I'm sure your trainer is just as worried about you. I promise that we'll keep it safe."

Having spoken, Katsushige then reached into his bag, and pulled out a Poke Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7037599&postcount=4726) from his bag, and showed to the Grimer before asking it a question.

"Are you ready to go? We don't have any particular destination in mind, but it seemed as though you did, if I'm not mistaken. We wouldn't mind taking you there, if you know the way."

PeeGee
16th October 2007, 10:56 AM
[color=limegreen]Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Lifting Nuzzles gently from the ground, you look over him first, congratulating him for a battle well fought before returning him to his ball to rest. Turning your attention to Starly you pray it's weak enough to capture, throwing your Net Ball at it and watching with baited breath while the bird is sucked inside. Starly attempts to put up a fight, and you watch the Pokéball wobbling wildly on the ground for what seems like forever before Starly finally loses the battle and the ball falls still. The capture light turns green, signalling your successful capture of a Lv.5 female Starly. Before you even have a chance to retrieve the ball from the ground Ledyba appears from the bushes, staring at you with wide, adoring eyes. It seems this little one is very grateful to you for having saved its life and a moment later it runs over to you, plopping a Lum Berry at your feet. Ledyba then turns and heads back off into the bushes, turning around to look at you as though asking, "What are you waiting for?" Seems this little one wants you to follow it...

PikaGod watched anxiously as the ball hit the nearly fainted bird. The Starly was sent into the ball with a red beam. The Net Ball rocked and rocked until the Starly finally admitted defeat. Before PikaGod even had the chance to get his Starly's pokeball, the Ledyba from before jumped out of some bushes and put a Lum Berry by his feet. It then proceeded to walk off into the bushes, expecting PikaGod to follow.
Okay, should I follow the Ledyba or not? thought the trainer.
PikaGod finally nodded his head.
"But I need to get something first," said PikaGod to the Ledyba.
Not bothering to hear a reply PikaGod walked over to the Starly's pokeball.
"Welcome to the team Starana," whispered PikaGod as he clipped her pokeball right next to Nuzzles.
Just as PikaGod was about to say he was ready to go, he realised something very, very bad.
I only have a very injured Starly that can battle for me he thought, his eyes wide open, I'm really going to have to trust this bug to not get me into a battle.
Hoping that he was making the right decision, PikaGod motioned to the Ledyba that he was ready to follow.

enchantress
16th October 2007, 1:50 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Please remember what we discussed via PM, particularly regarding decent paragraphs when you reply. When you restarted you showed a vast improvement, but you're slowly slipping again. I know it sometimes seems hard to make a reply out of a short update, but it is possible as illustrated here (http://forums.upnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?p=197894#p197894) and here (http://forums.upnetwork.net/viewtopic.php?p=199222#p199222). There are many more examples as well, so read through zones if you want to pick up ideas. There's no need to rush it, so just take your time and experiment with trying to extend upon what you've already written before submitting. If you'd like some pointers, PM me at any time. I'm here to help, so don't be afraid to ask if you feel you need to.

Retrieving the Net Ball containing your newly caught Starly before catching up with Ledyba who continues to lead you into the forest, you can't help but be concerned by the fact you have only one conscious Pokémon and that even she has next to no energy. Hoping you won't need to battle in the near future, you soon find yourself emerging into a small clearing inhabited by more Ledyba than you've ever seen in your life. It appears you're now standing amidst the colony with whom Ledyba lives but are not quite sure why it's brought you here. While the hundreds of Ledyba look at you curiously, the one who has led you here proceeds to tell them a rather dramatic story full of exaggerated movements eliciting, Ooohs!" and Aaahs!" from the crowd. When Ledyba finishes its heroic story, they all look upon you with adoration while whispering excitedly amongst themselves. While you look over them warily, you notice what appears to be a very old, shiny Ledian making its way toward you. Stopping before you, it looks up at you with an expression of hope on its face before saying something which sounds very much like, "Will you help us?"


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: Realising this relationship isn't going to last long-term, you're at least willing to allow Grimer to travel with you until it's well enough to continue alone. Deciding that a Pokéball will be the best choice for everyone as it will enable Grimer to heal faster and for both you and Kiba to remain unaffected by its putrid odour, you hold the ball in front of the Sludge Pokémon asking if it's happy to travel with you. Grimer turns to Oddish, a quick thank you and goodbye exchanged between the two before Grimer gurgles something that Kiba understands to mean "I want to travel to a land outside the Arcane Realm". A moment later it presses the button on the Pokéball and disappears inside giving you ownership of the Lv.4 male Grimer while Oddish watches on sadly knowing it may never see its newfound friend again.

A short while later, after leaving the Pokémon Centre, you see it's now approaching sunset as you walk along the dirt road leading out of Mediville. Turning back to take one final look at the quaint little farming village you see the tiny form of Oddish jumping up and down, its little leaves waving madly in a final farewell, and you wonder if the two will one day reunite. With the beautiful colours of sunset streaking the sky, you take your leave of Mediville and the Arcane Realm, wondering where your future travels will lead you...

And with Grimer's capture you're free to use the Egg House and to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are the current zones available for you to choose from, but for the time being you may only choose two of the three to adventure in. Hope you're enjoying FB so far, and will have fun in your future travels ^-~

Rakurai
16th October 2007, 11:53 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Rakurai: Realising this relationship isn't going to last long-term, you're at least willing to allow Grimer to travel with you until it's well enough to continue alone. Deciding that a Pokéball will be the best choice for everyone as it will enable Grimer to heal faster and for both you and Kiba to remain unaffected by its putrid odour, you hold the ball in front of the Sludge Pokémon asking if it's happy to travel with you. Grimer turns to Oddish, a quick thank you and goodbye exchanged between the two before Grimer gurgles something that Kiba understands to mean "I want to travel to a land outside the Arcane Realm". A moment later it presses the button on the Pokéball and disappears inside giving you ownership of the Lv.4 male Grimer while Oddish watches on sadly knowing it may never see its newfound friend again.

A short while later, after leaving the Pokémon Centre, you see it's now approaching sunset as you walk along the dirt road leading out of Mediville. Turning back to take one final look at the quaint little farming village you see the tiny form of Oddish jumping up and down, its little leaves waving madly in a final farewell, and you wonder if the two will one day reunite. With the beautiful colours of sunset streaking the sky, you take your leave of Mediville and the Arcane Realm, wondering where your future travels will lead you...

And with Grimer's capture you're free to use the Egg House and to leave the Arcane Realm to travel in a main zone of your choice. Upon replying to your update UPN's Twilight Realm, Serebii's Fizzytopia, and Bulbagarden's Cascadia are the current zones available for you to choose from, but for the time being you may only choose two of the three to adventure in. Hope you're enjoying FB so far, and will have fun in your future travels ^-~

Katsushige and Kiba had started their way down a path leading to places unknown, and their eyes were once again fixed on the sky, mesmerized by the colors of the sunset. However, after a short time, a thought suddenly struck the trainer's mind, and he stopped, before saying something to Kiba.

"You know, it totally slipped my mind, but I just remembered that we were supposed to get some training done back in Mediville. I guess you'll get your taste of a real battle sooner or later, though. I just hope we don't get in over our heads."

He then took one last look at Mediville, thoughts of the events that had happened earlier in the day filling his head as he did so.

"We'll have to come back someday. I'd love to see what the town is like at its best. It still amazes me that one ordinary Pokemon almost brought that place to ruin..."

Turning to Kiba again, he said, "I guess we should pick up the pace. It's going to get dark pretty soon."

Kiba gave an enthusiastic nod of his head, before speeding down the path, with his trainer trying to keep up to the best of his ability...

Thanks for all of the updates. For the speed they come at, I consider them to be of high quality.

PeeGee
23rd October 2007, 1:13 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen
Retrieving the Net Ball containing your newly caught Starly before catching up with Ledyba who continues to lead you into the forest, you can't help but be concerned by the fact you have only one conscious Pokémon and that even she has next to no energy. Hoping you won't need to battle in the near future, you soon find yourself emerging into a small clearing inhabited by more Ledyba than you've ever seen in your life. It appears you're now standing amidst the colony with whom Ledyba lives but are not quite sure why it's brought you here. While the hundreds of Ledyba look at you curiously, the one who has led you here proceeds to tell them a rather dramatic story full of exaggerated movements eliciting, Ooohs!" and Aaahs!" from the crowd. When Ledyba finishes its heroic story, they all look upon you with adoration while whispering excitedly amongst themselves. While you look over them warily, you notice what appears to be a very old, shiny Ledian making its way toward you. Stopping before you, it looks up at you with an expression of hope on its face before saying something which sounds very much like, "Will you help us?"


PikaGod followed the small bug, wondering where he was being taken. Soon however, he stopped as he stopped in a small clearing. He looked around in amazement at all the Ledybas that were there. There had to be at least one hundred of them.
Oh my God. he thought, There are so many bugs ... and their all staring at me!
The trainer was quite alarmed to see that he was the centre of attention, thanks to Ledyba telling the story of how he was saved. But PikaGod had a feeling that the story was being slightly exaggerated. He didn't know why, he just felt as if it was being exaggerated. It was then PikaGod noticed the shiny Ledian. His eyes went wide open and his jaw dropped. The newbie trainer felt honored to be in the presence of a shiny pokemon. Especially in the presence of an old one!
Wow! he thought This is so cool!
And then he heard what sounded like 'will you help us?'. At that PikaGod's face went pale. He shook his head, let the colour return before thinking about the situation at hand.
Well, I don't have any pokemon that could survive in a battle but hopefully I won't have to go into a battle.
PikaGod gulped before saying "Yes I will help you."
He then waited to find out what he had to do.

enchantress
28th October 2007, 4:39 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Upon hearing you agree to help, an excited buzz passes through the crowd of Ledyba before they all surround you. Making a large circle around both you and their leader, it isn't long before you smell a strange aroma in the air. It is by no means unpleasant, in fact it's rather aromatic, but before long you find yourself feeling a little lightheaded. Wondering what's going on you finally sit on the grass in front of the shiny Ledian as the dizziness is really getting to you now, and as he looks deep into your eyes your vision becomes blurry as crystal clear images start to form in your subconscious. You then hear a deep voice which begins to tell a story which you see clearly in your mind, almost as though you are in a dream...

Since the beginning of time the Ledyba have lived peacefully in the forest, in harmony with Mother Nature and all that is pure. Our leaders descend from the very first Five Star Pokémon, their royal heritage defined by the special colour they posses which is passed down through their bloodline from father to son. The forest was ours to make a home, to breed and thrive in its lush surrounds. The soil our life force, the grass our sustenance, the trees our shelter, the skies our liberty. We've lived and played, sang and danced, existing in peace with our fellow forest friends.

The happy images of peaceful, playful Ledyba then slowly begin to chance, the image turning darker as the voice in your mind continues to relay the story...

Then came the day that humankind entered the forest and began to take. First the trees, then the earth, with large metallic beasts baring deadly teeth that tore through our home with a ferocious roar, destroying any and all in their wake. Finally they took the Pokémon, our forest friends, imprisoning them inside tiny spheres where daylight cannot reach. One by one the species died, most fleeing deeper into the forest, but others unable to escape, their numbers now but a few. Until recently the Ledyba have managed to hide, as our kind are of little interest to humankind. But they have found our heirs, our royal line, whose shiny coats caused greed to rise in the hearts of the humans who have stolen them from our midst. Our royal prince and his twin must return to rule the Ledyba for without them we will die...

With the image fading from your mind you slowly begin to come back to your senses, the strange aroma you'd smelled earlier now less potent as it wafts away on a light breeze passing through the forest. Understanding the Ledyba need their shiny royal heirs back to lead them, and they need your help in order to do so, you're a little overwhelmed as it appears to be quite a task. No matter what it means to you, they are placing their future in your hands and that has to account for something. The little Ledyba who had originally brought you here now approaches you with a hopeful smile, seemingly waiting for you to follow...

PeeGee
1st November 2007, 8:41 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Upon hearing you agree to help, an excited buzz passes through the crowd of Ledyba before they all surround you. Making a large circle around both you and their leader, it isn't long before you smell a strange aroma in the air. It is by no means unpleasant, in fact it's rather aromatic, but before long you find yourself feeling a little lightheaded. Wondering what's going on you finally sit on the grass in front of the shiny Ledian as the dizziness is really getting to you now, and as he looks deep into your eyes your vision becomes blurry as crystal clear images start to form in your subconscious. You then hear a deep voice which begins to tell a story which you see clearly in your mind, almost as though you are in a dream...

Since the beginning of time the Ledyba have lived peacefully in the forest, in harmony with Mother Nature and all that is pure. Our leaders descend from the very first Five Star Pokémon, their royal heritage defined by the special colour they posses which is passed down through their bloodline from father to son. The forest was ours to make a home, to breed and thrive in its lush surrounds. The soil our life force, the grass our sustenance, the trees our shelter, the skies our liberty. We've lived and played, sang and danced, existing in peace with our fellow forest friends.

The happy images of peaceful, playful Ledyba then slowly begin to chance, the image turning darker as the voice in your mind continues to relay the story...

Then came the day that humankind entered the forest and began to take. First the trees, then the earth, with large metallic beasts baring deadly teeth that tore through our home with a ferocious roar, destroying any and all in their wake. Finally they took the Pokémon, our forest friends, imprisoning them inside tiny spheres where daylight cannot reach. One by one the species died, most fleeing deeper into the forest, but others unable to escape, their numbers now but a few. Until recently the Ledyba have managed to hide, as our kind are of little interest to humankind. But they have found our heirs, our royal line, whose shiny coats caused greed to rise in the hearts of the humans who have stolen them from our midst. Our royal prince and his twin must return to rule the Ledyba for without them we will die...

With the image fading from your mind you slowly begin to come back to your senses, the strange aroma you'd smelled earlier now less potent as it wafts away on a light breeze passing through the forest. Understanding the Ledyba need their shiny royal heirs back to lead them, and they need your help in order to do so, you're a little overwhelmed as it appears to be quite a task. No matter what it means to you, they are placing their future in your hands and that has to account for something. The little Ledyba who had originally brought you here now approaches you with a hopeful smile, seemingly waiting for you to follow...

PikaGod started to feel a bit spooked out when he saw the Ledyba start to surround him. He looked at the shiny Ledian leader and was about to ask what was happening. Then the trainer smelt a very strange aroma. PikaGod nearly yelped out in surprise when he realised that his sight was going blurry. Just before he was about to scream out that his vision was going when something appeared in his mind.
What is happening? thought PikaGod.
But he did not speak out anything because he wanted to know what had happened. At first he thought that the Ledybas and Ledians had a pretty good life until the humans had taken everything. Soon the images stopped and PikaGod understood what had to be done. He then noticed the first Ledyba that he saw approach him, smiling. PikaGod saw that the small red bug was waiting for him.
The trainer bit his lip while he thought, Oh boy, these pokemon really want me to help them.
Taking in a deep breath PikaGod looked at the bug. He wanted to say no but he didn't want to let the Ledyba get hurt in any way.
"Okay let's go," said PikaGod, motioning for the Ledyba to go.

enchantress
5th December 2007, 2:32 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Replies are dropping off again. So much more could have been done with that last one but you didn't even scrape the surface. Please try putting more thought into them, and provide at least four decent paragraphs in response to this update that still cover the minimum stipulation we've previously discussed.

Following Ledyba into the forest, about an hour passes before you wonder where on earth the little bug type is taking you. Eventually you notice that the trees are thinning, and that signs of deforestation having taken place are all around. Instead of a thick, flourishing forest, you're now entering an area that has been completely mutilated by mankind. Acres of tree stumps are spread out before you and while you stand looking over the area you notice there aren't any wild Pokémon in sight with the exception of a few flying types flitting from treetop to treetop along the outer edges of the affected area. Ledyba continues to urge you onwards, the message Ledian had been conveying to you earlier crossing through your mind as you wander along behind the little beetle. Another ten minutes pass before you approach what appears to be a rather large campsite. Trucks and logging equipment are scattered around, and at this point in time Ledyba veers off into what is left of the forest and leads you to a vantage point where you are able to overlook the campsite without being seen. While you watch, several trucks heavily laden with logs from the forest are driving out of camp. Most of the tents have already been packed away, with only three remaining, one of which Ledyba is pointing toward rather animatedly. It doesn't take a genius to guess that this is the tent where the Ledyba's two royal heirs are being held. The question now is how you're going to go about rescuing them...

enchantress
26th December 2007, 1:48 PM
NEW RULE


New members are not officially a part of FB until they've been given the go ahead to leave the Arcane Realm and have replied to the update after their release. This means that your registration can be revoked at any time during this period. In order to remain "active" you will be required to reply to your Arcane Realm update within seven days of it being posted. If you take longer than this to reply we will assume that you are no longer interested in RPing and your registration will be revoked. If you have a legitimate reason for not being able to reply, you will need to contact your updator at least three days before the seven day time restriction is up.

New members will only be able to post in the Pokémart, Move Tutor, Training Centre, Beauty Salon, Daycare Centre, Adoption Centre, and Cable Club, but CANNOT use any other shops including the Arcade and Casino. In addition, any members who are in the Arcane Realm during FB special events (shops, zones or giveaways), cannot take part in those events unless otherwise stated by the person running it.

If you're actively taking part in other areas of the forum yet are ignoring your Arcane Realm updates, your registration will be revoked no questions asked.

If your registration is revoked you will lose all Pokémon and items you have obtained, and will need to reapply to FB when registration opens at a later date if you still wish to take part. However, you must restart with the same Starter Pokémon that you had originally chosen which will be at Lv.5 with no Egg Moves, MT Moves, HM's or TM's - just as it was when you first began.

This new stipulation begins as of now. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.


Inactive Arcane Realm Members
Kyuubii - Last Reply (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=4082121#post4082121)
The Houndoom - Last Reply (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=6375423#post6375423)

Membership for the above named members has now been revoked due to inactivity.

PikaGod - You're on seven days notice as of now.

PeeGee
30th December 2007, 11:38 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Replies are dropping off again. So much more could have been done with that last one but you didn't even scrape the surface. Please try putting more thought into them, and provide at least four decent paragraphs in response to this update that still cover the minimum stipulation we've previously discussed.

Following Ledyba into the forest, about an hour passes before you wonder where on earth the little bug type is taking you. Eventually you notice that the trees are thinning, and that signs of deforestation having taken place are all around. Instead of a thick, flourishing forest, you're now entering an area that has been completely mutilated by mankind. Acres of tree stumps are spread out before you and while you stand looking over the area you notice there aren't any wild Pokémon in sight with the exception of a few flying types flitting from treetop to treetop along the outer edges of the affected area. Ledyba continues to urge you onwards, the message Ledian had been conveying to you earlier crossing through your mind as you wander along behind the little beetle. Another ten minutes pass before you approach what appears to be a rather large campsite. Trucks and logging equipment are scattered around, and at this point in time Ledyba veers off into what is left of the forest and leads you to a vantage point where you are able to overlook the campsite without being seen. While you watch, several trucks heavily laden with logs from the forest are driving out of camp. Most of the tents have already been packed away, with only three remaining, one of which Ledyba is pointing toward rather animatedly. It doesn't take a genius to guess that this is the tent where the Ledyba's two royal heirs are being held. The question now is how you're going to go about rescuing them...

Where on Earth is this thing taking me? thought PikaGod as he followed the small ladybug in front of him.
For the past hour PikaGod had been following the Ledyba because he had agreed to help the bug types get their royal heirs back. As the trainer thought about his whereabouts, he noticed that the trees were starting to thin out.
What the, he thought, I know that there should be more trees around here.
Soon PikaGod found that heaps of trees were missing, all that remained of them were just stumps. PikaGod stopped to look at the trees when Ledyba urged him to go on. The trainer continued forward until he found himself at a rather large campsite where there seemed to only be three tents. He then noticed Ledyba pointing at one of the three tents, obviously the location of the royal heirs.
Now how am I going to get to the tents? PikaGod thought to himself, I'll probably need a diversion. Well Nuzzles could probably help, as could Autumn.
With that thought in his head, PikaGod grabbed two ball on his belt and threw them up into the sky. When the first ball landed and opened its red beam formed into the small form of an unconscious Nuzzles, the other ball's beam formed into a strange plant like bell headed pokemon, a Bellsprout. But this Bellsprout had a brown head with blue lips. BUt before he did anything else, Angus pulled out a Revive (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=7354932#post7354932) and sprayed it onto Nuzzles' little body. Not seeing if the Revive had an effect PikaGod started his orders.
"Okay Autumn I'll need you to stay with me. I'll need your vines to grab the two captive pokemon because they would probably see me easier. Nuzzles I'll need you to find a way to distract the builders or whatever they are. I think that a Razor Wind would probably do it."
With that final order PikaGod picked up his shiny Bellsprout and waited to see if his plan would work.

enchantress
4th January 2008, 1:51 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Surprised by the amount of destruction the loggers have caused, you look over their campsite wondering what to do next. Ledyba has already pointed out the tent in which it believes its royal heirs are being held, so it's now up to you to try and get to them without being caught. Releasing your new shiny Bellsprout, Autumn watches curiously while you take a bottle from your pack and spray Nuzzles with a Revive. It only takes a moment for him to begin stirring, and while he starts to recover thanks to the medicine, you relay your plans to Autumn in regards to her role in this rescue mission. Her bulbous little head nods in understanding while Nuzzles rises to his little feet and comes over to stand next to you. Having no idea of what's going on, or who this strange new Flower Pokémon is that you're holding, Nuzzles can only trust that following your instructions won't get him hurt. With his role being to create a diversion, he wanders out into the campsite to look for something suitable to target. Two lumberjacks walk out of one of the tents, but pay no heed to Nuzzles as it's not unusual to see grass types walking around the area. Wandering up to the tent furthest away from the one he knows you want to enter, he flips over onto his head and begins spinning as fast as he can for several seconds before skidding out of his spin and sending a blast of wind at the rope tethering one side of the tent to its supporting peg. Small, sharp, pockets of air from his Razor Wind succeed in making several cuts in the sturdy rope, but not enough to slice it all the way through. Frowning, Nuzzles repeats his attack completely unaware of the fact he's being watched. This time the rope has been frayed enough for just one more attack to do the trick, but just as he begins to make his final assault he finds himself being picked up by the head and looking straight into the gaze of the lumberjack who has caught him and is now examining him with a highly amused expression.

"Well there little fella, what do you think you're doing there?" he chuckles. "It's only natural you're feeling the need to get a little revenge for us having cut down your home, but it'll grow back in no time. Besides, if you knock down that tent we won't be able to replant all of the saplings that are inside. Would you like to see them, little guy?"

Not being able to hear what's going on with Nuzzles and the logger who had caught him attacking the tent, you're torn between trying to rescue the Ledyba or your own Pokémon. It appears he's succeeded in causing the distraction you were hoping for, if not exactly in the way you had expected...

PeeGee
7th January 2008, 7:53 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Surprised by the amount of destruction the loggers have caused, you look over their campsite wondering what to do next. Ledyba has already pointed out the tent in which it believes its royal heirs are being held, so it's now up to you to try and get to them without being caught. Releasing your new shiny Bellsprout, Autumn watches curiously while you take a bottle from your pack and spray Nuzzles with a Revive. It only takes a moment for him to begin stirring, and while he starts to recover thanks to the medicine, you relay your plans to Autumn in regards to her role in this rescue mission. Her bulbous little head nods in understanding while Nuzzles rises to his little feet and comes over to stand next to you. Having no idea of what's going on, or who this strange new Flower Pokémon is that you're holding, Nuzzles can only trust that following your instructions won't get him hurt. With his role being to create a diversion, he wanders out into the campsite to look for something suitable to target. Two lumberjacks walk out of one of the tents, but pay no heed to Nuzzles as it's not unusual to see grass types walking around the area. Wandering up to the tent furthest away from the one he knows you want to enter, he flips over onto his head and begins spinning as fast as he can for several seconds before skidding out of his spin and sending a blast of wind at the rope tethering one side of the tent to its supporting peg. Small, sharp, pockets of air from his Razor Wind succeed in making several cuts in the sturdy rope, but not enough to slice it all the way through. Frowning, Nuzzles repeats his attack completely unaware of the fact he's being watched. This time the rope has been frayed enough for just one more attack to do the trick, but just as he begins to make his final assault he finds himself being picked up by the head and looking straight into the gaze of the lumberjack who has caught him and is now examining him with a highly amused expression.

"Well there little fella, what do you think you're doing there?" he chuckles. "It's only natural you're feeling the need to get a little revenge for us having cut down your home, but it'll grow back in no time. Besides, if you knock down that tent we won't be able to replant all of the saplings that are inside. Would you like to see them, little guy?"

Not being able to hear what's going on with Nuzzles and the logger who had caught him attacking the tent, you're torn between trying to rescue the Ledyba or your own Pokémon. It appears he's succeeded in causing the distraction you were hoping for, if not exactly in the way you had expected...

PikaGod clutched Autumn to his chest as he crept towards the tent of the Ledyba heirs. The trainer slowly moved towards the tent when he felt Autumn tap him on his back.
"What's wrong Autumn?" asked PikaGod.
The shiny Bellsprout pointed towards the direction that Nuzzles had went. PikaGod looked towards where Autumn was pointing and gasped in shock.
"Oh no, he has Nuzzles!" he murmured in shock.
PikaGod had just seen the lumberjack that was holding Nuzzles. He stopped and rubbed the back of his neck, he was thinking about what he was going to do. He could either leave Nuzzles to the lumberjack and rescue the Ledybas, or he could forget about them and rescue Nuzzles.
What can I do? PikaGod thought to himself before he knew what he had to do.
PikaGod put Autumn down on the ground and gave some new orders.
"Okay Autumn, I need you to go to the tent by yourself and get those princes. I really need you to do that while I try and rescue Nuzzles," siad the trainer, hoping that Autumn was able to achieve her goal.
"Now to go get Nuzzles!" he triumphantly said before he ran off towards the lumberjack, having no idea what the lumberjack had said to Nuzzles.

Enchantress I was wondering if you could evolve Nuzzles in one of my updates, because he has been the right level for a couple of months now. I am also ready to rewrite my reply if you think it isn't good enough.

enchantress
12th January 2008, 4:54 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Making your way over to the tent holding the royal Ledyba heirs, Autumn's gentle tapping distracts you from your mission. Turning your gaze in the direction she is indicating, you gasp in shock upon finding that Nuzzles has been caught by one of the loggers. Torn between continuing on with your mission or rescuing your teammate, you figure there's no reason you can't do both. Seeing as Autumn already knows what she has to do, you leave her to deal with the rescue of the Ledyba while you dash across the clearing and straight toward the logger and Nuzzles. Just as you're about to shout out, you witness something amazing as Nuzzles suddenly stops struggling in the man's grasp and begins to glow a bright, radiating white. The unexpected event startles the lumberjack, causing him to drop Nuzzles on the ground where the light surrounding your little Acorn Pokémon begins to expand, stretching upward to roughly three times Nuzzles' height before dissipating and leaving you staring dumbfounded at the taller Wily Pokémon standing in his place.

Feeling immensely proud of Nuzzles for accomplishing his evolution, you think back on the days events, and how hard he had fought against Starly even though he was at a distinct type disadvantage with an extremely limited moveset to work with. His fighting spirit has seen him through, his new form now much stronger especially with the added Dark element that comes with Nuzleaf's type. The lumberjack is also amazed by Nuzzles' evolution, a broad grin spreading across his face after witnessing it close up.

"You are a feisty little guy, aren't you?" he asks, chuckling merrily. "I hope you're not planning on kicking my butt now that you're able to, because I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me."

It is then that he notices your presence, an expression of concern appearing on his face.

"Hey kid, what are you doing all the way out here?" he asks, looking around to see if anyone is with you. "You're not alone are you, because it can get pretty dangerous in the forest, especially at night..."



Enchantress I was wondering if you could evolve Nuzzles in one of my updates, because he has been the right level for a couple of months now. I am also ready to rewrite my reply if you think it isn't good enough.
Have you been waiting for me to evolve him? While I can do that if specifically asked to, it's not actually my responsibility to evolve a Pokémon. You evolve him yourself when he reaches the appropriate level by RPing his evolution into your reply somehow or by posting in a shop. Daycare if he's staying there, the Bank if you're candying up, it really depends on how he reaches the level. I've done it for you, a little strangely I admit considering he didn't come out of a battle or anything, but just keep this in mind for future reference.

futuramagirl
14th January 2008, 9:51 AM
Faith stretched in the gentle summer breeze. She licked her lips, ready for adventure. Her impulsive attitude had taken her right to the Ancient Tomb. Her heart was thumping under her layered top, but she was not ready to admit she was scared. It was going to be the first chapter in her long Pokemon adventure. She fiddled with the Pokeball on her belt; her first Pokemon: Chatterbox the Chatot. It hadn't been more than a week since her birthday: the day she had recieved Chatterbox. Since then, she had been itching to start her adventure: and now was the time.
"This is it, Chatterbox," she said, under her breath, "It's time to start out journey!"

(My Regestration Post: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7398559&postcount=27)

The Black Glove
14th January 2008, 10:08 PM
So... this is the Arcane realm..." Drifter grinned. The scars on his face that hid under his mask began to prickle as he lit up with excitement. "Its been so long since we left the academy, its about time we had a little adventure." Despite being alone, Drifter was actually talking to Blitz, the Heracross, with whom he had escaped the academy. The Pokemon looked at the region ahead of them with starry eyes through his semi-transparent Pokeball.

Drifter gave a deep sigh of relief, then started towards the area that he had been planning on:The Ocean of Mystery. "If we want a well-balanced team, we'll need a water Pokemon first" he had said. The masked trainer walked on, ready for the challenge at sea....

OOC: Here's my Proof of Registration: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=273112&page=2

enchantress
15th January 2008, 1:10 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Chatterbox perched happily on your shoulder, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of light ahead. Emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. In one corner is an old urn, while a line of clay statues stand silently against the far wall. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshiped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but what has caught your attention is a single inscription on the wall to your right which reads:


Air is as sacred as the Gods
You must inhale against all odds,
For if your lungs fill up with sand
You'll not discover our secret land.
Don't fret when you think all is lost
Or your life will be the ultimate cost,
So take a breath and calm your mind
To see more clearly than the blind.
For clues are hidden all around
Patiently waiting to be found,
Your saviour is not far away
And will lead you to the light of day.

Wondering what it could possibly mean, you hear a small clicking sound, much like that of a spring mechanism clicking into place, and feel one of the sandstone bricks underneath your foot sink slightly. Stepping back, you quickly realize you've triggered some kind of trap, and it doesn't take long to figure out you're in very deep trouble. A hidden doorway slams down behind you, blocking off the corridor from where you'd just entered, and effectively obstructing what appears to be your only exit. If that were the only problem it may not be so bad, but a moment later you notice sand falling from a hole in the ceiling, the subsequent train of thoughts flicking through your mind terrifying in the extreme. If you don't find a way out of here fast, you're going to end up buried beneath tons of sands which is pouring steadily into the chamber...


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Rather eager to be setting out on your first adventure, you release your Heracross, Blitz, to accompany you on this warm, summer morning. It isn't long before you arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. Though it's a perfect day for sunbaking, there are few people around, leaving you practically alone on which isn't an entirely bad thing. Walking slowly along the coastline which seems to stretch for at least six miles, you wonder if there may be a boat hire shack somewhere along here when you're startled by the sound of a high pitched, agonised "Squuaaaaaaaaaaaawk!". Immediately turning your gaze in the direction from which the sound had come you notice a Wingull on the surface of the water perhaps six or seven metres offshore, flapping its wings wildly and screeching up a storm, its cries becoming more and more distressed by the moment. Something appears to be holding onto its leg, stopping it from flying away to safety, but what that thing could be is anyone's guess...

futuramagirl
15th January 2008, 8:08 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Entering the age-old structure of the Ancient Tomb with Chatterbox perched happily on your shoulder, a long stone corridor leads you away from the world of the living with each passing step. The sunlight from the tomb's entrance is fading behind you as you travel further into the unfathomable depths of this archaic mausoleum which is said to hold the treasures of a civilization lost in time. Your footsteps are your only company as the corridor descends into darkness, but it isn't long before you notice the faint flicker of light ahead. Emerging into a musty sandstone room of approximately 10ft x 10ft, a single torch propped in the upper right hand corner of the room sheds a warm glow across this otherwise uninviting chamber. In one corner is an old urn, while a line of clay statues stand silently against the far wall. Carvings on the walls depict scenes of a civilization long since gone who worshiped kings and paid homage to Gods. Others tell the story of bloody battles fought ages ago, but what has caught your attention is a single inscription on the wall to your right which reads:


Air is as sacred as the Gods
You must inhale against all odds,
For if your lungs fill up with sand
You'll not discover our secret land.
Don't fret when you think all is lost
Or your life will be the ultimate cost,
So take a breath and calm your mind
To see more clearly than the blind.
For clues are hidden all around
Patiently waiting to be found,
Your saviour is not far away
And will lead you to the light of day.

Wondering what it could possibly mean, you hear a small clicking sound, much like that of a spring mechanism clicking into place, and feel one of the sandstone bricks underneath your foot sink slightly. Stepping back, you quickly realize you've triggered some kind of trap, and it doesn't take long to figure out you're in very deep trouble. A hidden doorway slams down behind you, blocking off the corridor from where you'd just entered, and effectively obstructing what appears to be your only exit. If that were the only problem it may not be so bad, but a moment later you notice sand falling from a hole in the ceiling, the subsequent train of thoughts flicking through your mind terrifying in the extreme. If you don't find a way out of here fast, you're going to end up buried beneath tons of sands which is pouring steadily into the chamber...

Faith flinched, as she heard a slam. She spun round, only to see that the door had shut. By itself. She shivered, although it was not cold. It was dark; not pitch-black, but it was still very difficult to make out much. Her gaze travelled to the floor. Sand was pouring steadily into the cramped room. Faith shrieked.
I only started my journey twenty minuetes ago, and already I'm facing death.
Chatterbox squarked, making Faith jump.
"I forgot about you." she told the Chatot, pearched on her shoulder.
Chatterbox squarked again. Faith looked up. All she could see was black.
"There might be something up there..." she murmered.
Chatterbox squaked again, bringing Faith back to her senses. Chatterbox obviously knew what she was thinking: She could have Chatterbox to fly her up to the top, but A: The small Chatot wouldn't be able to carry her weight, B: There was no telling how far up it was and C: There was probably nothing up there anyway.
Then Faith remembered. The riddle! She turned to the wall. The riddle was still readable - the sand was only up to her knees. She re-read the riddle.


Air is as sacred as the Gods
You must inhale against all odds,
For if your lungs fill up with sand
You'll not discover our secret land.
Don't fret when you think all is lost
Or your life will be the ultimate cost,
So take a breath and calm your mind
To see more clearly than the blind.
For clues are hidden all around
Patiently waiting to be found,
Your saviour is not far away
And will lead you to the light of day.

Inhale? How could that possibly save her? Faith frowned. She doubted that would be the answer, but nonetheless, it was her only clue.
"Okay, Chatterbox, when I count to three, breathe deeply and hold your breath." She told Chatterbox, who was still perched on her shoulder.
Chatterbox turned her head on one side.
"Just do it!" Faith cried in desperation. "Okay, one two three!"
Faith squeezed her eyes shut and took a deep breath and held it...

The Black Glove
15th January 2008, 8:44 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Rather eager to be setting out on your first adventure, you release your Heracross, Blitz, to accompany you on this warm, summer morning. It isn't long before you arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. Though it's a perfect day for sunbaking, there are few people around, leaving you practically alone on which isn't an entirely bad thing. Walking slowly along the coastline which seems to stretch for at least six miles, you wonder if there may be a boat hire shack somewhere along here when you're startled by the sound of a high pitched, agonised "Squuaaaaaaaaaaaawk!". Immediately turning your gaze in the direction from which the sound had come you notice a Wingull on the surface of the water perhaps six or seven metres offshore, flapping its wings wildly and screeching up a storm, its cries becoming more and more distressed by the moment. Something appears to be holding onto its leg, stopping it from flying away to safety, but what that thing could be is anyone's guess...

Blitz seemed to be enjoying the sunshine as much as its trainer did, and made the most of its free time by attacking every piece of driftwood in the area. Drifter almost laughed at how strange his Pokemon was. According to the Pokedex he had recieved, Heracross were usually quite peaceful, but his was very agressive. About to try and get it to stop so they could find a boat shack, he froze as a scream of terror tore through the air. Up in the sky, a Wingull, who was the source of the scream began to flail wildly, becoming more and more distressed by the moment. Drifter's eyes opened wide, and he turned to his beetle Pokemon. Blitz had already taken off to the skies after Wingull, but Drifter had seen in his eyes that he only wanted to stop the annoying sound that had interuppted his thus far enjoyable day. "Blitz!" he yelled "Don't harm the Wingull! I think something is attacking it, so just try to bring it here!" The Heracross, muttered, but continued on his flight path. Drifter hoped he would be careful, because if those flailing wings were Wing Attacks, Blitz would be hurt in a quadruple damage situation....

enchantress
18th January 2008, 12:40 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Reacting in the only way that seems natural when faced with ultimate death, you do what any normal person would do - scream! The resulting echo reverberating throughout the small chamber results in Chatterbox also squawking shrilly, perhaps matching your own feelings of sheer terror or perhaps just reminding you that she's stuck in here too. Whatever the case, her cry has snapped you out of your initial state of alarm and makes you realize that you need to act fast. Several scenarios flash through your mind but none really seem plausible at the moment, so you return your attention to the riddle taking the time to re-read it considering it appears to be your only real clue. Though you're a little confused as to how breathing can be useful except for in the obvious sense of keeping you alive, you also realize that breathing under these circumstances will surely kill you when there will eventually be nothing left but sand to inhale. Chatterbox is just as confused as you, but nonetheless does what she's told when instructed to take a deep breath and hold it.

You both act in the same moment, Chatterbox's colourful little chest puffing out as she breathes in, shutting her eyes and hoping for the best. When your own eyes close and you're plunged into complete darkness, the resulting feeling of claustrophobia does nothing at all to help you. With your eyes squeezed so tightly shut that not even the flickering of the torchlight can be seen behind your eyelids, you're left with only your thoughts to keep you company. At first complete despair takes hold of you, as you cannot imagine how standing here holding your breath is going to save you, but after several seconds tick by you begin to relax your eyes. Now that they aren't squeezed so tightly, you begin to make out shadows which appear to be flickering in the chamber around you, but the scariest part is that the shadowy figures seem to be those of people surrounding you. They each appear to be motioning in different ways, but the one that is standing out the most at the moment is the one on the far end which appears to be pointing at something in the corner. Opening your eyes you find yourself looking at the line of statues on the far wall. When looking straight at them, they don't appear to be doing anything, but when shutting your eyes again the flickering torchlight filling the room makes the one on the far end appear to be pointing. Opening your eyes once more, you look at the corner it is pointing to and see an urn you'd previously paid no attention to standing silently in the corner, the sand almost reaching its rim...


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Beside you Blitz is staring curiously at the Wingull struggling in the water, also wondering why it is behaving so frantically while trying to determine the source of its distress. The only thing that seems certain at the moment is that something beneath the water has a hold of it which is why it's unable to fly away to safety. After instructing Blitz to go out and help the flailing water bird, he eyes you evilly, his expression clearly indicating that he's far from impressed with your plan. Not one to argue the point however, Blitz shoots you a final "You owe me for this" look before walking into the water and wading slowly out toward Wingull who has by now begun screeching so badly that you could swear it is being mutilated. Its pained cries have also attracted the attention of several people walking along the bicycle path at the top end of the beach, and while they stop to watch the events unfolding on the water you can only hope that you're not getting Blitz into more trouble than you'd bargained for. A moment later, with Blitz less than a metre away from Wingull, you notice a sudden change as the bird releases one final pained cry and manages to break free of the surface of the water. Unfortunately Wingull appears to be quite badly injured to the point it is finding flying too difficult, and instead half flaps, half drags, itself across the water and onto the sand where it drops and lays in a shattered heap, its breathing ragged while a pool of blood forms around its feet and begins soaking into the white sand. That's not the only problem though, for a second later you hear a startled cry and look out to find Blitz being dragged underwater...

The Black Glove
18th January 2008, 6:54 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Beside you Blitz is staring curiously at the Wingull struggling in the water, also wondering why it is behaving so frantically while trying to determine the source of its distress. The only thing that seems certain at the moment is that something beneath the water has a hold of it which is why it's unable to fly away to safety. After instructing Blitz to go out and help the flailing water bird, he eyes you evilly, his expression clearly indicating that he's far from impressed with your plan. Not one to argue the point however, Blitz shoots you a final "You owe me for this" look before walking into the water and wading slowly out toward Wingull who has by now begun screeching so badly that you could swear it is being mutilated. Its pained cries have also attracted the attention of several people walking along the bicycle path at the top end of the beach, and while they stop to watch the events unfolding on the water you can only hope that you're not getting Blitz into more trouble than you'd bargained for. A moment later, with Blitz less than a metre away from Wingull, you notice a sudden change as the bird releases one final pained cry and manages to break free of the surface of the water. Unfortunately Wingull appears to be quite badly injured to the point it is finding flying too difficult, and instead half flaps, half drags, itself across the water and onto the sand where it drops and lays in a shattered heap, its breathing ragged while a pool of blood forms around its feet and begins soaking into the white sand. That's not the only problem though, for a second later you hear a startled cry and look out to find Blitz being dragged underwater...

"Oh geez..." Drifter thought, "this is turning out worse than expected". Quickly, he analyzed the situation. Blitz had taken the place of the injured water fowl in being dragged under the water. Said water fowl was lying unconsious, bleeding on the beach. He had very little to work with. "Blitz, try to fly up and reveal what's in the water. Use a Night Slash or two to try and weaken it." He then turned his attention to the crowd "Don't just stand there!" He shouted in a distressed voice "Please, someone help me out! Maybe some directions to the Pokemon Center if anything! I'm going to need it!" Drifter fished out his one extra pokeball, a Lure Ball (http://http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426074&postcount=7) he had recieved from his starting trainer pack, and prepared to use it on either the Wingull, or whatever was dragging his beloved Heracross under. Depending on whether or not they could knock it out that mystery Pokemon or not that is. With his other hand, he drew out his Pokedex (http://http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426074&postcount=7). Surely it could scan this mystery creature and tell him how he might try to stop it...

OOC: Just wondering, since Blitz does have wings that he can fly with, would that mean he has access to the HM move Fly, or does that only count for those who learn the moves in the games?

futuramagirl
18th January 2008, 7:48 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Reacting in the only way that seems natural when faced with ultimate death, you do what any normal person would do - scream! The resulting echo reverberating throughout the small chamber results in Chatterbox also squawking shrilly, perhaps matching your own feelings of sheer terror or perhaps just reminding you that she's stuck in here too. Whatever the case, her cry has snapped you out of your initial state of alarm and makes you realize that you need to act fast. Several scenarios flash through your mind but none really seem plausible at the moment, so you return your attention to the riddle taking the time to re-read it considering it appears to be your only real clue. Though you're a little confused as to how breathing can be useful except for in the obvious sense of keeping you alive, you also realize that breathing under these circumstances will surely kill you when there will eventually be nothing left but sand to inhale. Chatterbox is just as confused as you, but nonetheless does what she's told when instructed to take a deep breath and hold it.

You both act in the same moment, Chatterbox's colourful little chest puffing out as she breathes in, shutting her eyes and hoping for the best. When your own eyes close and you're plunged into complete darkness, the resulting feeling of claustrophobia does nothing at all to help you. With your eyes squeezed so tightly shut that not even the flickering of the torchlight can be seen behind your eyelids, you're left with only your thoughts to keep you company. At first complete despair takes hold of you, as you cannot imagine how standing here holding your breath is going to save you, but after several seconds tick by you begin to relax your eyes. Now that they aren't squeezed so tightly, you begin to make out shadows which appear to be flickering in the chamber around you, but the scariest part is that the shadowy figures seem to be those of people surrounding you. They each appear to be motioning in different ways, but the one that is standing out the most at the moment is the one on the far end which appears to be pointing at something in the corner. Opening your eyes you find yourself looking at the line of statues on the far wall. When looking straight at them, they don't appear to be doing anything, but when shutting your eyes again the flickering torchlight filling the room makes the one on the far end appear to be pointing. Opening your eyes once more, you look at the corner it is pointing to and see an urn you'd previously paid no attention to standing silently in the corner, the sand almost reaching its rim...


Faith stood, her eyes shut tight and her breath held. She felt that she had been standing like that for hours, though in reality it had actually only been a few, mere seconds. After a while, her eyes relaxed and she began to see shapes behind her eyelids. They seemed to be... people? They were all pointing in different directions, though one in particular caught Faith's attention. He was pointing at the corner. Faith opened her eyes, though she was aware that whatever the person was pointing to may not be there when she had her eyes open. However, she was pleasantly surprised to see an ancient urn in the corner of the room. Faith gasped as she relised how high the sand was. Chatterbox, who had obviously given up on holding her breath, was hovering about a foot above the rising sand, as Faith's shoulder had dissapeared from view. Grunting with the effort, she lifted her arm out from under the sand, and managed to rescue the urn from sinking. She managed to lift out her other arm.

"What's in here?" She wondered, out loud as she explored the urn with her arm...

Tyranidos
20th January 2008, 5:23 PM
Tyrant wanders into The Desert of Illusion, hopefully to seek the legend of the hidden villages. "Wow, this place is HUGE!" Tyrant starts walking north, or at least what he thinks it is. "Come on out, Pyro. I need some company." Tyrant releases his trusted starter, Pyro the Charmander. Pyro starts running around, free of the Pokeball and glad to be outside. They continue walking, with Tyrant's heart pounding with excitment and Pyro's excited expression. "Get ready for our first major adventure, Pyro!" Tyrant talks to him with such excitement. Pyro looks up at him, replies with a roar, and continues to move up the path of which they chose, following his faithful companion...

Registration Post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7397625&postcount=23)

enchantress
22nd January 2008, 3:14 PM
My sincerest apologies for the delay. Registration Tests are taking a lot longer to get through than first anticipated. If I don't update after work tomorrow you're free to flay me with your most lethal electrically charged, fiery whips.

PeeGee
23rd January 2008, 9:58 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Making your way over to the tent holding the royal Ledyba heirs, Autumn's gentle tapping distracts you from your mission. Turning your gaze in the direction she is indicating, you gasp in shock upon finding that Nuzzles has been caught by one of the loggers. Torn between continuing on with your mission or rescuing your teammate, you figure there's no reason you can't do both. Seeing as Autumn already knows what she has to do, you leave her to deal with the rescue of the Ledyba while you dash across the clearing and straight toward the logger and Nuzzles. Just as you're about to shout out, you witness something amazing as Nuzzles suddenly stops struggling in the man's grasp and begins to glow a bright, radiating white. The unexpected event startles the lumberjack, causing him to drop Nuzzles on the ground where the light surrounding your little Acorn Pokémon begins to expand, stretching upward to roughly three times Nuzzles' height before dissipating and leaving you staring dumbfounded at the taller Wily Pokémon standing in his place.

Feeling immensely proud of Nuzzles for accomplishing his evolution, you think back on the days events, and how hard he had fought against Starly even though he was at a distinct type disadvantage with an extremely limited moveset to work with. His fighting spirit has seen him through, his new form now much stronger especially with the added Dark element that comes with Nuzleaf's type. The lumberjack is also amazed by Nuzzles' evolution, a broad grin spreading across his face after witnessing it close up.

"You are a feisty little guy, aren't you?" he asks, chuckling merrily. "I hope you're not planning on kicking my butt now that you're able to, because I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me."

It is then that he notices your presence, an expression of concern appearing on his face.

"Hey kid, what are you doing all the way out here?" he asks, looking around to see if anyone is with you. "You're not alone are you, because it can get pretty dangerous in the forest, especially at night..."

As PikaGod ran towards the lumberjack and Nuzzles he was nearly blinded by a white light. When the light dimmed down PikaGod saw that his acorn pokemon had been replaced by a humanoid Wily pokemon.
Oh my God! thought the trainer, Nuzzles evolved!
When PikaGod got to his pokemon he heard the lumberjack asking to be friends with Nuzzles. PikaGod looked at Nuzzles after the lumberjack had asked and was astonished to see that his pokemon didn't seem to mind the offer. It was then that the lumberjack looked at PikaGod and told him about things being dangerous.
What on earth is he talking about? thought PikaGod when the man finished his sentence.
That man must clearly be pulling my leg the trainer continued in his mind. But if he is telling the truth.
"On no!" exclaimed the trainer suddenly. "Nuzzles we need to get to the tents and make sure that Autumn is okay!"
The trainer grabbed Nuzzles and threw out out of other pokeballs.
"Go Mozart!"
The pokeball smashed down onto the ground and a pokemon was released from it. The pokemon was a big bug with a big mustache.
"Okay Mozart come with me and I'll tell you what we to do when we get to the tents," PikaGod ordered to his Kricketune.
With that the trainer and his two pokemon started to run before PikaGod realized what he had said.

enchantress
23rd January 2008, 4:20 PM
Tyranidos, you have another updator who should be posting on the weekend.


PikaGod: You need to start making a genuine effort regarding the use of decent sized paragraphs. If you're having trouble PM me and we can go over it together. Can you please rewrite this reply? Don't edit, just repost when you're ready. I don't mind helping via PM, in fact I'm more than willing to, but if you continue to write one and two liners your replies aren't going to improve.



The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: I'll let it slide this time since I didn't mention anything about the size of the urn in comparison to anything else, but it's only roughly knee high to you. The sand is nowhere near your waist yet, let alone covering your entire torso, so unless otherwise stated you're in no mortal danger at this point in time. Like I said, it's my fault for not making it clearer, but please keep in mind that if I haven't specifically mentioned how much sand has filled the chamber, you shouldn't assume it's already reached a dangerous level. Otherwise, you're doing well ^-~

Seeing as the "Shadow People", for lack of a better description, appear to be pointing you in the direction of the urn, you waste no time in rushing to the corner of the chamber and dipping your arm in, hoping to find something that will help you to escape this room. At first you feel nothing resulting in a sense of despair creeping in, but a moment later you feel something and grab a hold of it. Pulling out an old piece of parchment, you look at it quizzically, wondering how on earth it's going to help you escape this death trap. Frustrated that it's not something more useful, you figure it may be yet another clue and so quickly scan the faded words on the page.


Close your eyes and calm your mind
And the answers you will find,
Join in the spectral shadow dance
For the maiden is your only chance.

Looking back at the statues sitting silently against the wall, your curiosity is now well and truly aroused. When you'd shut your eyes earlier you could have sworn the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids had brought these statues to life, and now standing here you can see that one of the statues appears to be that of a teenage girl. Scanning the last lines of the parchment again, you try to make sense of it.

Join in the spectral shadow dance, for the maiden is your only chance...


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: If it isn't listed (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/214.shtml) as an HM that he can learn, then it's not technically classed as one. In this case, he can't fly in the typical sense of the term, but I do see where you're coming from and am willing to compromise to a point. It's not learnable in the Training Centre though.

Finding yourself in quite the predicament with an injured water bird bleeding out on the sand at your feet, and your own Pokémon being dragged underwater to possibly suffer the same fate as Wingull, you're beside yourself wondering what to do. After calling out to the onlookers for help, you don't even bother to wait and see if any have reacted before turning your attention back to the water and yelling out attack orders to Blitz in the vain hope that he just might hear you. The water is churning wildly, giving you the exact location of the struggle taking place, so while you can't see what is happening or even what has a hold of your teammate, you can tell Blitz is putting up quite a fight. A moment later you watch while a red and blue fish is thrown out of the water before it arcs back down and plops back into the ocean. The brief glimpse of razor sharp teeth has your stomach tied in knots, and while you're fairly certain you recognise the creature, the dull monotone of your Pokédex program begins its analysis.

"Carvanha, the Savage Pokémon," it drones. "If anything invades Carvanha's territory, it will swarm and tear at the intruder with its pointed fangs. Carvanha's strongly developed jaws and its sharply pointed fangs pack the destructive power to rip out boat hulls. Many boats have been attacked and sunk by this Pokémon."

Now that you have a better idea of what Blitz is up against, it doesn't take long to realize that he's in serious trouble if he doesn't get back on land soon. It appears Blitz is already thinking along the same lines as you however, as in the next instance you see him burst from the water and flying in toward land as quickly as possible. Carvanha is hot on his heels, the little piranha's jaws gnashing wildly while it follows him, streaking through the water and toward the sand where you are standing. Blitz has obviously taken some damage from the underwater struggle though, and is flying too close to the water allowing Carvanha to leap up and grab him, dragging Blitz back into the water. Luckily they're now closer to land where the water is more shallow, so Blitz isn't pulled under this time. A second later you see his claw charging with dark energy before he slashes at the feisty little fish, flinging it closer to the sand...

futuramagirl
23rd January 2008, 8:15 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: I'll let it slide this time since I didn't mention anything about the size of the urn in comparison to anything else, but it's only roughly knee high to you. The sand is nowhere near your waist yet, let alone covering your entire torso, so unless otherwise stated you're in no mortal danger at this point in time. Like I said, it's my fault for not making it clearer, but please keep in mind that if I haven't specifically mentioned how much sand has filled the chamber, you shouldn't assume it's already reached a dangerous level. Otherwise, you're doing well ^-~

Seeing as the "Shadow People", for lack of a better description, appear to be pointing you in the direction of the urn, you waste no time in rushing to the corner of the chamber and dipping your arm in, hoping to find something that will help you to escape this room. At first you feel nothing resulting in a sense of despair creeping in, but a moment later you feel something and grab a hold of it. Pulling out an old piece of parchment, you look at it quizzically, wondering how on earth it's going to help you escape this death trap. Frustrated that it's not something more useful, you figure it may be yet another clue and so quickly scan the faded words on the page.


Close your eyes and calm your mind
And the answers you will find,
Join in the spectral shadow dance
For the maiden is your only chance.

Looking back at the statues sitting silently against the wall, your curiosity is now well and truly aroused. When you'd shut your eyes earlier you could have sworn the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids had brought these statues to life, and now standing here you can see that one of the statues appears to be that of a teenage girl. Scanning the last lines of the parchment again, you try to make sense of it.

Join in the spectral shadow dance, for the maiden is your only chance...

And I was looking forward to free to flay you with my most lethal electrically charged, fiery whip. Oh well.

Faith felt something in the urn. Her heart pounding, she pulled out a parchment.

Couldn't it have been a key or something? she thought, feeling somewhat dissapointed.

Sighing, she decided to actually read what was on the parchment.


Close your eyes and calm your mind
And the answers you will find,
Join in the spectral shadow dance
For the maiden is your only chance.

She re-read it a few times. She frowned. She wasn't into dancing at all. In fact, she hated it. Being silent for so long disturbed Chatterbox a bit, and she became a little restless. The Chatot gave a little grunt.

"Be quiet," Faith breathed, although she herself didn't know why she was whispering, or indeed why she wanted Chatterbox to be quiet.
She looked back at the statues. One particular one caught her eye. It was a teenage girl. On closer inspection, she could see that it looked quite a bit like her. Reading the parchment once more, she closed her eyes. Her breathing became deeper.

I know it has something to do with that girl. Maybe if I copy her movement, I will find the answer...

The Black Glove
23rd January 2008, 8:51 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove:
Finding yourself in quite the predicament with an injured water bird bleeding out on the sand at your feet, and your own Pokémon being dragged underwater to possibly suffer the same fate as Wingull, you're beside yourself wondering what to do. After calling out to the onlookers for help, you don't even bother to wait and see if any have reacted before turning your attention back to the water and yelling out attack orders to Blitz in the vain hope that he just might hear you. The water is churning wildly, giving you the exact location of the struggle taking place, so while you can't see what is happening or even what has a hold of your teammate, you can tell Blitz is putting up quite a fight. A moment later you watch while a red and blue fish is thrown out of the water before it arcs back down and plops back into the ocean. The brief glimpse of razor sharp teeth has your stomach tied in knots, and while you're fairly certain you recognise the creature, the dull monotone of your Pokédex program begins its analysis.

"Carvanha, the Savage Pokémon," it drones. "If anything invades Carvanha's territory, it will swarm and tear at the intruder with its pointed fangs. Carvanha's strongly developed jaws and its sharply pointed fangs pack the destructive power to rip out boat hulls. Many boats have been attacked and sunk by this Pokémon."

Now that you have a better idea of what Blitz is up against, it doesn't take long to realize that he's in serious trouble if he doesn't get back on land soon. It appears Blitz is already thinking along the same lines as you however, as in the next instance you see him burst from the water and flying in toward land as quickly as possible. Carvanha is hot on his heels, the little piranha's jaws gnashing wildly while it follows him, streaking through the water and toward the sand where you are standing. Blitz has obviously taken some damage from the underwater struggle though, and is flying too close to the water allowing Carvanha to leap up and grab him, dragging Blitz back into the water. Luckily they're now closer to land where the water is more shallow, so Blitz isn't pulled under this time. A second later you see his claw charging with dark energy before he slashes at the feisty little fish, flinging it closer to the sand...

OOC: I would never dream of using an electricaly charged firey whip on you. That would be inhumane! This *grunt* giant mallet *groans* will do just fine. *mallet hits the gound with an earth-shaking thud*

"Carvanha, huh?" Drifter thought, watching as the red-and-blue pokemon dove back into the water. "That puts us at a huge disadvantage, because of that Rough Skin..." Drifter thought intensely, planning his next move. He quickly went over his Pokemon's moves in his head. "Night Slash is out. Dark Types can resist it too easily. Tackle, Leer, and Endure won't be much help either... that leaves one move... but how to use it..." That's when Blitz threw its Night Slash at Carvanha, flinging it closer to the sand.... "That's it!" he thought "I just hope Heracross don't have any feeling in their horns; Blitz!" He called out over the noise of the battle "Try to use a barrage of Horn Attacks to throw it on the land! It can't move there!" In the mean time, Drifter lowered himself to his knees to have a look at the Wingull. The bleeding wasn't slowing any, and he didn't know how long the little bird could hold on. Putting his Pokedex away, Drifter moved his other hand slowly towards the bird. The hand he had the Lure ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426074&postcount=7) in. "I don't know if this will work, but I hope I can at least carry it to a Pokemon Center without the bleeding if it does." With a slight feeling of pity for the creature, he pressed the aquatic Pokeball against the unconsious Pokemon...

j_hunter
25th January 2008, 5:57 AM
Forest of Adventure (Please reply in LimeGreen)
According to legend, no trainer can enter this enchanted forest without an adventure befalling them.

"Helen, sit."

The Houndour wagged her tail.

This training wasn't going well, and J. was getting agitated. The pair had been taking their hike at a leisurely pace, with J. attempting to turn Helen into a synchronised-swimming dolphin at every interval. Helen did not take kindly to such activities. Tempers were fraying in both parties, each as stubborn as the other.

As the two wandered further into the steadily thickening trees (with J. trying to teach the Houndour how to climb), their communication problems began to dissipate and J. gradually stopped muttering. The forest was silent. There was a stillness in the air. The pair halted in their tracks, and stood for a moment to appreciate the peace.

J. smiled at the former family pet. "Come on. Let me show you how to live."

OOC: Here's a link to my Registration Post. (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7443111&postcount=36)

John's Knight
27th January 2008, 11:58 AM
Tyranidos and j_hunter, welcome to FB! I'll be your updater in the Arcane Realm. I hope you've read the rules on the first post, as the faster you can follow them, the faster you'll get out of here. Now, updates!

Tyranidos (please reply in Dark Orange)

Wandering through the Desert of Illusion, you release your faithful Pyro to walk at your side on this heated adventure. The small Charmander seemed to be enjoying the warm temperatures and dried environment, although you didn’t exactly share his tastes. The sun glowing brightly, not a cloud in sight, you assume there were at least 50 degrees Celsius, as sweat drops run down your forehead. Pyro looks at you, both curious and worried, and pats you lighting on the leg, as in asking if you were okay. Your vision started to get blurry, your strengths being sapped away by the tremendously high temperatures. “Char?” you hear the red lizard shout, although you didn’t have enough strength to reply. You eventually give up, as there was no one in sight, or a village nearby. Closing your eyes, you fall to your knees, succumbing to Hell’s pleasure, fainting…

“Wake up!”

You fell some gentle nudges on your right arm. There were voices echoing loudly in your mind, although that one silenced them. “Wake up!” the same person repeats. You open your eyes a little bit, but they immediately close themselves, being blinded by the lighting. Nevertheless, someone noticed your small action, and a second voice said “He woke up! Thank God!”.

The nudges stop, as the first voice replies “You’re okay now. You really shouldn’t walk through the desert without a hat, at least.” As your eyes adjust to the lighting, you notice a woman, probably in her early 20s, smiling at you. “Your friend here thought he had lost you.” She says, picking up the Charmander and putting him above the bed you were sleeping on, before letting him run (well, in this case, fall) into your arms. You manage to sit on the small bed, although your body was painfully punishing you for not taking a hat. “Don’t worry, those will stop, eventually. Luckily we found you lying on the desert, and quickly brought you to our village so that you could be medicated. Seriously, 50 degrees isn’t exactly easy to cope with. But thank God, your fever was treated, and you’re safe now.”

Her gentle voice was all your brain could process at the moment, as you try to move your arms and legs. You were in a small brick hut, not more than 10 squared meter, the warm decorative colors reminding you of your quick trip. There was also a man looking through a medium-sized window, although it was too bright for you to see what lied outside. The hut was lightly decorated: there was a small tea table in the middle (three hats on top of it), a small portrait of someone who looked extremely old and silly-minded, and a small vase with red vivid roses on the corner. The door sat alongside the window, the golden spherical knob inviting you for a walk. “Ah, I see you can sit.” He said, as you recognize him as the “second voice”. “As Stacey here as said, please, do take a hat with you if you ever plan to come back. I’m Smith, and let me welcome you to our small village.”

There were some parts of their dialogue that were confusion. “Who are you? Is this one of the villages?” you slowly ask, gathering your strengths.

“Smith, you really like to tease newcomers, don’t you?” she says, as Smith laughs for two seconds before replying. “Indeed I do, Stacey; indeed I do. Anyway, no you’re not on one of those mysterious villages. In fact, we’re archaeologists, and you’re in our small research camp. Stacey here was travelling through the desert in order to reach a small research area, and found you. You were lucky; you might have died.”

“But let’s forget about that.” She quickly says, trying to calm you gently. “Past is past, we live in the present and should only worry about the future, that’s what my granny said. But seriously now, hats, okay?” You slowly nod, acknowledging understanding of their words.

“Good!” Smith says. “Now, if you don’t mind, let’s get out of here. These cold huts give me the chills.” As they grab their hats, Stacey handles you another one. “You’ll like it.” She says, the almost sombrero-sized hat now sitting on your head. Smith quickly opens the door, the sun blinding you instantly. “Pull down your hat, that will help.” He says, as he twitches the object as to not be blinded by the light. You copy his movements, and are astonished by what you were seeing: several huts were scattered for at least half a mile, groups of archaeologists moving quickly from one exploration site to another. Several pokemon assisted them, such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Diglett and Dugtrio, among others. “Welcome to Paradise!” Smith exclaims, picking up one of the pokeballs that sat on his belt. Clicking the release button, a bright flash of light erupted, quickly transforming into a Gabite. “He’s great at digging” Smith says, patting the dragon’s head. “Now, I’ll go this way, and you’ll assist Stacey, okay… erm… I just noticed we don’t have his name!”

“Tyrant.” You immediately answer. “Okay, Mr. Tyrant. Stacey will show you the surroundings. I have more things to answer to. Enjoy!” As he leaves quickly with his pokemon, Stacey says “Well, it’s you and me now. Let’s go.” You follow her with your Charmander without hesitation, as she continues “This Exploration Center was founded ten years ago, when Smith’s dad, Dr. Martin Smith found some interesting Omanyte fossils. Since Omanyte needed water to survive, and the most recent information told us there was never water in these parts, the archaeologist world was very excited and intrigued by this. We’ve found some interesting pokemon fossils, although we have to keep our eyes open for wild pokemon who want to destroy them – and us as well. Packs of Steelix usually attack us for absolutely no reason, although our pokemon can easily repel them with their attacks.”

And to speak of wild pokemon, suddenly, a small Hippopotas digs its way out of the underground, popping into the “real” world. It didn’t seem too happy to see you, as it slowly growled at you. “Oh damn, I forgot my pokemon are in the medical station.” Stacey hurries to say. “Looks like you have a battle to start.”

What will you do?


j_hunter (please reply in Lime Green)You continue wandering through the Forest of Adventure, a mysterious place said to be full of enigmas to solve, treasures to find, berries to eat; indeed it was a forest. Although sometimes, the Forest picked some travellers for quite deadly adventures, and they often don’t return. You just hope the rumours are false (except for the berries). Still, if anything happened, Helen was there to assist you, and assist she shall.

You keep walking for some minutes, the trees blocking the sun more and more the deeper you went. You sensed fear and despair on the dark atmosphere. Maybe it was just your mind playing with you, but for a second, you thought you had heard a noise behind some bushes. You freeze, hoping to not hear it again. You wait five seconds, no noise being heard by your cautions ear. The moment you were going to move your feet, you hear it again, and this time you were sure you heard it, as Helen glared at the bushes, growling lightly. The bushes start moving again, a heavy pant added to the background. Quick footsteps could now be heard, stronger and stronger as time went by. If this wasn’t scary, I don’t know what is.

Some seconds later, a small boy comes out of the bushes, and immediately freezes as he sees you, before fainting, lying on the ground. You kneel over, and give him gentle pats on the head. Suddenly, he grabs your arm tightly, before releasing it three seconds later. He gets up, and exclaims “You’re not a ghost!”

You were puzzled now. “You’re not a ghost! You’re not a ghost!” he repeats, happier each time he repeated it. “Oh I’m sorry for that. I thought that you were a ghost. But since I can touch you, you’re for real. Thank God!... I’m Rod, a small adventurer who didn’t know what he was going to put himself into when entering this forsaken place. I’ve been here for three days now, and I’ve been haunted by ghosts during these three days. And you are?”

“I’m J.” you answer, still puzzled. “And this is Helen.”

“Nice to meet you J. And Helen, of course. A dark type pokemon in these parts are very handy. The ghost stole my pokeballs, so I’ve been alone here. We have to get out of here now, and with your help we can do it!”

You were about to point to where you came from, but the boy seemed to know what you were going to say. “No point coming back. The ghosts can confuse your mind and make you go in circles for days. We have to challenge the Ghost King; and if we win, we can go! What do you say?”

What will you do?

PeeGee
27th January 2008, 1:07 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Making your way over to the tent holding the royal Ledyba heirs, Autumn's gentle tapping distracts you from your mission. Turning your gaze in the direction she is indicating, you gasp in shock upon finding that Nuzzles has been caught by one of the loggers. Torn between continuing on with your mission or rescuing your teammate, you figure there's no reason you can't do both. Seeing as Autumn already knows what she has to do, you leave her to deal with the rescue of the Ledyba while you dash across the clearing and straight toward the logger and Nuzzles. Just as you're about to shout out, you witness something amazing as Nuzzles suddenly stops struggling in the man's grasp and begins to glow a bright, radiating white. The unexpected event startles the lumberjack, causing him to drop Nuzzles on the ground where the light surrounding your little Acorn Pokémon begins to expand, stretching upward to roughly three times Nuzzles' height before dissipating and leaving you staring dumbfounded at the taller Wily Pokémon standing in his place.

Feeling immensely proud of Nuzzles for accomplishing his evolution, you think back on the days events, and how hard he had fought against Starly even though he was at a distinct type disadvantage with an extremely limited moveset to work with. His fighting spirit has seen him through, his new form now much stronger especially with the added Dark element that comes with Nuzleaf's type. The lumberjack is also amazed by Nuzzles' evolution, a broad grin spreading across his face after witnessing it close up.

"You are a feisty little guy, aren't you?" he asks, chuckling merrily. "I hope you're not planning on kicking my butt now that you're able to, because I'd like to be your friend if you'll let me."

It is then that he notices your presence, an expression of concern appearing on his face.

"Hey kid, what are you doing all the way out here?" he asks, looking around to see if anyone is with you. "You're not alone are you, because it can get pretty dangerous in the forest, especially at night..."


PikaGod ran towards his Seedot with only one thought on his mind, to attempt to re-obtain his first ever pokemon. The brown haired boy was just about at the lumberjack and ready to shout out to Nuzzles when the fore-mentioned pokemon began to glow.
Oh my God! thought PikaGod as he watched what was happening to Nuzzles.
The small acorn-like body of Nuzzles began to glow a bright white as it grew and started to look a bit distorted. Soon however Nuzzles' body stopped glowing and decided to settle on a form. The pokemon that stood in the spot of the Seedot was human-like. The Nuzleaf looked at himself in amazement, he was delighted that he had finally evolved and obtained a better body. As PikaGod looked at his Nuzleaf he felt a surge of pride. In his mind's eye he saw how much Nuzzles had changed from the small acorn pokemon who was weak into what now appeared to be much stronger. Another thing that he thought looking at Nuzzles was that he needed a new nickname, but he pushed that thought aside. It was then that the lumberjack noticed the trainer and gave him the warning.
What does that mean? he asked himself, a chill running down his spine.
"Um... sir, what do you mean that it's dangerous?" PikaGod asked the lumberjack, "Because I have been through the forest and nothing has happened to me."

Tyranidos
27th January 2008, 2:26 PM
Tyranidos (please reply in Dark Orange)

Wandering through the Desert of Illusion, you release your faithful Pyro to walk at your side on this heated adventure. The small Charmander seemed to be enjoying the warm temperatures and dried environment, although you didn’t exactly share his tastes. The sun glowing brightly, not a cloud in sight, you assume there were at least 50 degrees Celsius, as sweat drops run down your forehead. Pyro looks at you, both curious and worried, and pats you lighting on the leg, as in asking if you were okay. Your vision started to get blurry, your strengths being sapped away by the tremendously high temperatures. “Char?” you hear the red lizard shout, although you didn’t have enough strength to reply. You eventually give up, as there was no one in sight, or a village nearby. Closing your eyes, you fall to your knees, succumbing to Hell’s pleasure, fainting…

“Wake up!”

You fell some gentle nudges on your right arm. There were voices echoing loudly in your mind, although that one silenced them. “Wake up!” the same person repeats. You open your eyes a little bit, but they immediately close themselves, being blinded by the lighting. Nevertheless, someone noticed your small action, and a second voice said “He woke up! Thank God!”.

The nudges stop, as the first voice replies “You’re okay now. You really shouldn’t walk through the desert without a hat, at least.” As your eyes adjust to the lighting, you notice a woman, probably in her early 20s, smiling at you. “Your friend here thought he had lost you.” She says, picking up the Charmander and putting him above the bed you were sleeping on, before letting him run (well, in this case, fall) into your arms. You manage to sit on the small bed, although your body was painfully punishing you for not taking a hat. “Don’t worry, those will stop, eventually. Luckily we found you lying on the desert, and quickly brought you to our village so that you could be medicated. Seriously, 50 degrees isn’t exactly easy to cope with. But thank God, your fever was treated, and you’re safe now.”

Her gentle voice was all your brain could process at the moment, as you try to move your arms and legs. You were in a small brick hut, not more than 10 squared meter, the warm decorative colors reminding you of your quick trip. There was also a man looking through a medium-sized window, although it was too bright for you to see what lied outside. The hut was lightly decorated: there was a small tea table in the middle (three hats on top of it), a small portrait of someone who looked extremely old and silly-minded, and a small vase with red vivid roses on the corner. The door sat alongside the window, the golden spherical knob inviting you for a walk. “Ah, I see you can sit.” He said, as you recognize him as the “second voice”. “As Stacey here as said, please, do take a hat with you if you ever plan to come back. I’m Smith, and let me welcome you to our small village.”

There were some parts of their dialogue that were confusion. “Who are you? Is this one of the villages?” you slowly ask, gathering your strengths.

“Smith, you really like to tease newcomers, don’t you?” she says, as Smith laughs for two seconds before replying. “Indeed I do, Stacey; indeed I do. Anyway, no you’re not on one of those mysterious villages. In fact, we’re archaeologists, and you’re in our small research camp. Stacey here was travelling through the desert in order to reach a small research area, and found you. You were lucky; you might have died.”

“But let’s forget about that.” She quickly says, trying to calm you gently. “Past is past, we live in the present and should only worry about the future, that’s what my granny said. But seriously now, hats, okay?” You slowly nod, acknowledging understanding of their words.

“Good!” Smith says. “Now, if you don’t mind, let’s get out of here. These cold huts give me the chills.” As they grab their hats, Stacey handles you another one. “You’ll like it.” She says, the almost sombrero-sized hat now sitting on your head. Smith quickly opens the door, the sun blinding you instantly. “Pull down your hat, that will help.” He says, as he twitches the object as to not be blinded by the light. You copy his movements, and are astonished by what you were seeing: several huts were scattered for at least half a mile, groups of archaeologists moving quickly from one exploration site to another. Several pokemon assisted them, such as Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Diglett and Dugtrio, among others. “Welcome to Paradise!” Smith exclaims, picking up one of the pokeballs that sat on his belt. Clicking the release button, a bright flash of light erupted, quickly transforming into a Gabite. “He’s great at digging” Smith says, patting the dragon’s head. “Now, I’ll go this way, and you’ll assist Stacey, okay… erm… I just noticed we don’t have his name!”

“Tyrant.” You immediately answer. “Okay, Mr. Tyrant. Stacey will show you the surroundings. I have more things to answer to. Enjoy!” As he leaves quickly with his pokemon, Stacey says “Well, it’s you and me now. Let’s go.” You follow her with your Charmander without hesitation, as she continues “This Exploration Center was founded ten years ago, when Smith’s dad, Dr. Martin Smith found some interesting Omanyte fossils. Since Omanyte needed water to survive, and the most recent information told us there was never water in these parts, the archaeologist world was very excited and intrigued by this. We’ve found some interesting pokemon fossils, although we have to keep our eyes open for wild pokemon who want to destroy them – and us as well. Packs of Steelix usually attack us for absolutely no reason, although our pokemon can easily repel them with their attacks.”

And to speak of wild pokemon, suddenly, a small Hippopotas digs its way out of the underground, popping into the “real” world. It didn’t seem too happy to see you, as it slowly growled at you. “Oh damn, I forgot my pokemon are in the medical station.” Stacey hurries to say. “Looks like you have a battle to start.”

What will you do?

Tyrant is still very eager to continue. Pyro is not bothered by the temperature, in fact, his expression makes it seem like he is very comfortable. Tyrant, however, is getting slower and slower until he finally stops and collapses....As Tyrant wakes up, he finds himself on a bed in a brick hut. He is sweating, heart is pounding. He doesn't know where he is. He hears the voice of Stacey, not listening much. Tyrant anxiously wants to see Pyro. Then, Stacey lets Pryo go and he jumps into Tyrant's arms. A great wave of relief dawns on him and he starts listening, with nothing better to do. Another man comes in, his name is Smith. Tyrant heard him say something about a hat and this is a village. "Wait, this is one of those mysterious villages?" he asks. It turns out the Smith was just pulling his leg. They told him he was fit enough to get back up and outside and to help them out with their archaeology expedition. He is given a sombrero like hat to wear, to make sure he doesn't collapse in exhaustion again. "Oh, great. This hat will make me look so stupid. At least it matches my glove." he thinks. Smith then leaves, Tyrant not really caring what for. Stacey, however, tells him to come with her and help her. Suddenly, a Hippopotas pops out of the ground. "Whoa there. He startled me." he said. Stacey says he has a battle to start. "Alright then, Pyro, let's have our very first battle in our adventure! Use Scratch! Then use Growl to scare him back. Finish it off with another Scratch!

enchantress
27th January 2008, 3:59 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: The pride you feel in watching your Starter Pokémon evolve is overwhelming, so much so that you temporarily forget what you're doing here. That is until the lumberjack addresses you personally, startling you out of your thoughts and pulling your mind back to the immediate situation. With everything that has happened, this is the last thing you'd expected to come from his mouth which results in you staring at him for a moment, wondering what on earth he's talking about. Nuzzles is looking between the two of you, obviously aware of the fact that his attempt to cause a distraction has failed miserably considering you're all face to face at this very moment, and is curious as to how you're going to react.

With your cover blown, and knowing there's no way you can get the Ledyba out right now without the man knowing about it, you're really only left with one alternative and that is to speak. Curious as to what he means by the forest being dangerous, you figure the best way to find out is to ask.

"There are dangerous Pokémon living in the forest," he responds, frowning while trailing his fingers through his hair. He's obviously concerned by the fact you're out here alone with absolutely no idea of the dangers involved, and appears genuinely surprised by the fact you're truly not aware of them.

"Several of our men have been attacked by wild Ursaring during the past week while we've been working out here. At first we thought we may have been encroaching upon their territory, but it's since been confirmed that Ursaring don't live in this area. Something has brought them out here, and we have no idea what that can be. Since one of our men went missing two nights ago, we've been told to pack up and leave. Most have already left camp, but a few of us have stayed behind to finish the work we've started. I'd offer you a ride back to civilization, but the last truck left just a few minutes ago. If you're alone, you might be safer staying with us..."


The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With your frustration mounting over first having managed to get yourself trapped in a room steadily filling with sand, followed by your only clue pointing you to yet another riddle which appears to be telling you to engage in a dance, you're not exactly in the best of moods at the moment. Chatterbox tries to gain your attention, but is soon shushed while you try figuring out your next course of action. Ruffling her colourful feathers, Chatterbox perches silently on your shoulder, eying the rising sand level warily while wondering how her trainer is going to go about getting them out of this mess.

While dancing isn't exactly an activity you're fond of, you're assuming that the "shadow dance" the riddle is referring to must be the movements made by the shadowy figures you saw earlier. Carefully examining the statue of the girl, you close your eyes and wait while the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids works its magic. A moment later the shadowy form of the maiden materializes in the mystical glow, and without missing a beat you begin to mimic her movements. It's slow going at first, for the sand is now up to your knees, but something about the movements you are making is actually helping you to get on top of the growing mass. The shadow maiden's fluid movements are graceful, and you're soon so immersed in her dance that you lose all concept of time. Her arm motions are the most intriguing part, for as your hand moves over the torso of one of the other statues in the chamber, you feel something give. You're aware of the fact you've just triggered another mechanism of some sort, but you're not quite sure what it is until you feel the sand level start to go down. Knowing this is a good sign you continue to copy the maiden's movements and before long feel one of the sandstone tiles your hand has touched pushing inwards. A loud scraping sound can then be heard which causes Chatterbox to squawk excitedly. Whatever you're doing appears to be working, and afraid that the spell will end if you stop to see what is happening, you concentrate on the maiden hoping that she'll lead you to freedom. With one final swoop of her arm, the maiden vanishes, her shadowy form disappearing just as mysteriously as it had first appeared. As your own arm follows her final movement, you feel your fingers running over something cold and hard. Opening your eyes, you find that your hand is now resting on the hilt of a sword adorning one of the statues, but before you have a chance to examine it Chatterbox squawks loudly, flapping her wings and nibbling your earlobe a little too firmly for your liking in a desperate attempt to grab your attention.

Looking around to see what the problem is, you're pleased to see that the chamber is no longer filling with sand, and that the scraping sound you had heard earlier was another concealed doorway which had opened on the far wall, but all of that is pushed to the back of your mind in an instant when you see a pair of blue eyes peering at you through the darkness from the other side of the opening which appears to be your only way out. While you're staring back at the mysterious eyes filled with malicious intent, you're startled by a faint, angelic voice echoing softly through the chamber.

Return the sun to its rightful place, and no more dangers will you face...."


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Now that you know what you're up against you find yourself wracking your mind in an attempt to figure out how to deal with the piranha Pokémon. These things are vicious, and you know that if you can't figure out a way to battle it successfully Blitz will be in just as much trouble as Wingull. It's only when you see Blitz send it flying toward the shore that a strategy leaps to mind and so you run with it, instructing Blitz to throw Carvanha up onto the sand if at all possible. It seems Blitz is already thinking along the same lines though for he's already charging for Carvanha with his head down. His horn rams into the little blue and red fish which sends it flying even closer to shore and while it flounders in the shallow water, flopping around while trying to get just a few inches further out so it can swim to safety, Blitz charges at it again. His Horn Attack isn't quite as successful this time as Carvanha had been expecting it, its huge jaws clamping onto Blitz's horn so tightly that he's unable to fling it off. While the two engage in a battle of wills, you're kneeling beside Wingull preparing to use your Lure Ball when someone kneels down beside you, appearing out of nowhere.

Looking up, you find yourself staring into the face of an elderly man with a white beard and sky blue eyes which are at the moment clouded with concern.

"It's alright there, Gulliver" he croons softly to the Wingull. "I'm here now, and won't be lettin' anything happen to ye."

Surprisingly, you notice Wingull stir in response to the man's voice. It moves ever so slightly while a faint gurgling sound issues from its throat. While you're not familiar with Pokémon language, let alone Wingull's, you can tell that Wingull trusts in the man's words which leads you to believe he must be its owner. While the man removes several small bottles from his pocket and begins administering the fluids they contain to the injured bird, he glances up toward Blitz and Carvanha before turning his eyes upon you.

"Ye be needin' any help there lad?" he asks, nodding toward the struggling duo...

futuramagirl
27th January 2008, 7:34 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With your frustration mounting over first having managed to get yourself trapped in a room steadily filling with sand, followed by your only clue pointing you to yet another riddle which appears to be telling you to engage in a dance, you're not exactly in the best of moods at the moment. Chatterbox tries to gain your attention, but is soon shushed while you try figuring out your next course of action. Ruffling her colourful feathers, Chatterbox perches silently on your shoulder, eying the rising sand level warily while wondering how her trainer is going to go about getting them out of this mess.

While dancing isn't exactly an activity you're fond of, you're assuming that the "shadow dance" the riddle is referring to must be the movements made by the shadowy figures you saw earlier. Carefully examining the statue of the girl, you close your eyes and wait while the flickering torchlight behind your eyelids works its magic. A moment later the shadowy form of the maiden materializes in the mystical glow, and without missing a beat you begin to mimic her movements. It's slow going at first, for the sand is now up to your knees, but something about the movements you are making is actually helping you to get on top of the growing mass. The shadow maiden's fluid movements are graceful, and you're soon so immersed in her dance that you lose all concept of time. Her arm motions are the most intriguing part, for as your hand moves over the torso of one of the other statues in the chamber, you feel something give. You're aware of the fact you've just triggered another mechanism of some sort, but you're not quite sure what it is until you feel the sand level start to go down. Knowing this is a good sign you continue to copy the maiden's movements and before long feel one of the sandstone tiles your hand has touched pushing inwards. A loud scraping sound can then be heard which causes Chatterbox to squawk excitedly. Whatever you're doing appears to be working, and afraid that the spell will end if you stop to see what is happening, you concentrate on the maiden hoping that she'll lead you to freedom. With one final swoop of her arm, the maiden vanishes, her shadowy form disappearing just as mysteriously as it had first appeared. As your own arm follows her final movement, you feel your fingers running over something cold and hard. Opening your eyes, you find that your hand is now resting on the hilt of a sword adorning one of the statues, but before you have a chance to examine it Chatterbox squawks loudly, flapping her wings and nibbling your earlobe a little too firmly for your liking in a desperate attempt to grab your attention.

Looking around to see what the problem is, you're pleased to see that the chamber is no longer filling with sand, and that the scraping sound you had heard earlier was another concealed doorway which had opened on the far wall, but all of that is pushed to the back of your mind in an instant when you see a pair of blue eyes peering at you through the darkness from the other side of the opening which appears to be your only way out. While you're staring back at the mysterious eyes filled with malicious intent, you're startled by a faint, angelic voice echoing softly through the chamber.

Return the sun to its rightful place, and no more dangers will you face...."

As Faith closed her eyes, the girl apperead to her again. As she began to move, Faith did her best to copy the elegant dance. Soon she was almost on top of the sand. Faith could no longer feel Chatterbox's claws gripping her shoulder, so she assumed she must be flying around the room. Soon, Faith lost all track of time. All she could concentrate on, was copying the movements. Although she would never admit it, secretly she was enjoying herself.She heard a noise next to her, but she feared that if she stopped dancing, she would make no progress. With the last movement of her arm, she felt something. It was cold and hard. As the girl had faded, Faith now opened her eyes. What she had felt was a sword. Before Faith had a chance to see it properly, she heard Chatterbox squak and nibble her ear.
"Hey, that hurts!" Faith complained, pushing Chatterbox away, who started flapping her wings again.
Faith spun round, and saw a doorway.
"The exit!"

Unfortunatly, there appearerd to be something blocking it; something with bright blue eyes.

"Return the sun to it's rightful place, and no more dangers you will face,"

Faith shivered; although angelic, the voice was creepy. Unlike the previous riddles, Faith didn't have a clue about this one

Ok, thought Faith I'll go and see who or what those eyes belong to. I guess if I'm in serious trouble I have Chatterbox or at least the sword...

The Black Glove
27th January 2008, 10:39 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Now that you know what you're up against you find yourself wracking your mind in an attempt to figure out how to deal with the piranha Pokémon. These things are vicious, and you know that if you can't figure out a way to battle it successfully Blitz will be in just as much trouble as Wingull. It's only when you see Blitz send it flying toward the shore that a strategy leaps to mind and so you run with it, instructing Blitz to throw Carvanha up onto the sand if at all possible. It seems Blitz is already thinking along the same lines though for he's already charging for Carvanha with his head down. His horn rams into the little blue and red fish which sends it flying even closer to shore and while it flounders in the shallow water, flopping around while trying to get just a few inches further out so it can swim to safety, Blitz charges at it again. His Horn Attack isn't quite as successful this time as Carvanha had been expecting it, its huge jaws clamping onto Blitz's horn so tightly that he's unable to fling it off. While the two engage in a battle of wills, you're kneeling beside Wingull preparing to use your Lure Ball when someone kneels down beside you, appearing out of nowhere.

Looking up, you find yourself staring into the face of an elderly man with a white beard and sky blue eyes which are at the moment clouded with concern.

"It's alright there, Gulliver" he croons softly to the Wingull. "I'm here now, and won't be lettin' anything happen to ye."

Surprisingly, you notice Wingull stir in response to the man's voice. It moves ever so slightly while a faint gurgling sound issues from its throat. While you're not familiar with Pokémon language, let alone Wingull's, you can tell that Wingull trusts in the man's words which leads you to believe he must be its owner. While the man removes several small bottles from his pocket and begins administering the fluids they contain to the injured bird, he glances up toward Blitz and Carvanha before turning his eyes upon you.

"Ye be needin' any help there lad?" he asks, nodding toward the struggling duo...
Drifter gave a sigh of relief upon the new arrival. *The man must be Wingull's trainer* he thought. He knew Blitz probably was already furious with him for making him fight such an annoying little critter, so anyone being nearby would force him to calm down to avoid embarrasment. On top of that, Wingull was recieving first aid, so that meant he could turn his full attention to the battle.

"Just take care of Wingull" Drifter grinned "I think I can get the Carvanha." With that, he got up off his knees, and, in a more impulsive moment, decided that it was time to end the battle. He charged forward, water splashing at his feet as he ran to his Pokemon "Blitz, let's force the capture and get that thing off! Charge towards me with your horn!" He held up the Lure Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426074&postcount=7)and charged towards the stag beetle Pokemon, hoping he could force the Pokemon in with a straightforward attack...

j_hunter
28th January 2008, 9:12 AM
j_hunter (please reply in Lime Green)You continue wandering through the Forest of Adventure, a mysterious place said to be full of enigmas to solve, treasures to find, berries to eat; indeed it was a forest. Although sometimes, the Forest picked some travellers for quite deadly adventures, and they often don’t return. You just hope the rumours are false (except for the berries). Still, if anything happened, Helen was there to assist you, and assist she shall.

You keep walking for some minutes, the trees blocking the sun more and more the deeper you went. You sensed fear and despair on the dark atmosphere. Maybe it was just your mind playing with you, but for a second, you thought you had heard a noise behind some bushes. You freeze, hoping to not hear it again. You wait five seconds, no noise being heard by your cautions ear. The moment you were going to move your feet, you hear it again, and this time you were sure you heard it, as Helen glared at the bushes, growling lightly. The bushes start moving again, a heavy pant added to the background. Quick footsteps could now be heard, stronger and stronger as time went by. If this wasn’t scary, I don’t know what is.

Some seconds later, a small boy comes out of the bushes, and immediately freezes as he sees you, before fainting, lying on the ground. You kneel over, and give him gentle pats on the head. Suddenly, he grabs your arm tightly, before releasing it three seconds later. He gets up, and exclaims “You’re not a ghost!”

You were puzzled now. “You’re not a ghost! You’re not a ghost!” he repeats, happier each time he repeated it. “Oh I’m sorry for that. I thought that you were a ghost. But since I can touch you, you’re for real. Thank God!... I’m Rod, a small adventurer who didn’t know what he was going to put himself into when entering this forsaken place. I’ve been here for three days now, and I’ve been haunted by ghosts during these three days. And you are?”

“I’m J.” you answer, still puzzled. “And this is Helen.”

“Nice to meet you J. And Helen, of course. A dark type pokemon in these parts are very handy. The ghost stole my pokeballs, so I’ve been alone here. We have to get out of here now, and with your help we can do it!”

You were about to point to where you came from, but the boy seemed to know what you were going to say. “No point coming back. The ghosts can confuse your mind and make you go in circles for days. We have to challenge the Ghost King; and if we win, we can go! What do you say?”

What will you do?


J. studied the boy's face. He certainly seemed genuine, and he had the ragged appearance to prove it. Helen was lying down on his feet as he stood, eagerly awaiting an answer. J. looked down at her. His family were trusting him to keep her safe, but at the same time she needed the chance to grow. Helen was headstrong and foolish, but she was also tough. She could handle a few ghosts.

Though at the moment, having her belly scratched by a random stranger, she certainly didn't look tough.

"Alright, Rod. Tell me all that you know about the Ghost King. Where can we find him, and how do we 'challenge' a ghost?"

Immediately after asking this, J. realised his mistake. The Ghost King must be a Pokemon of some sort, not a human ghost. Flushing red, he quickly altered his question before Rod had the chance to reply.

"I mean... what kind of Pokemon is this Ghost King?"

enchantress
28th January 2008, 10:06 AM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: The soft, angelic voice echoing throughout the chamber manages to creep you out, no matter how innocent it sounds. In fact, this entire place is getting creepier and creepier. Hidden traps, death chambers, and now an evil eyed something staring at you from the shadows. Whatever it is you doubt it's going to let you pass without a fight, but the fact you have one last riddle to solve is a worrying prospect as you have absolutely no clue as to what it can mean. Grasping the sword tighter in your hand, you feel something on the hilt move and look down to see a golden gemstone embedded in it that appears to be loose, almost as though it doesn't really belong there. Chatterbox is more interested in the evil eyes staring at you though, and squawks loudly to catch your attention. Looking up, you watch while the evil blue eyes move closer as the creature they're attached to moves slowly into the chamber. Now that it's no longer hiding in the shadows, you feel your heart skip a beat as the mysterious Pokémon reveals itself to be a very dangerous Skorupi. Chatterbox squawks again, this time a tone of desperation in her little voice. Her eyes are glued to the Scorpion Pokémon whose eyes are focused upon the sword you're holding in your hand. Skorupi's lethal tail swishes back and forth before it looks directly at you, its expression issuing a challenge you know you're going to have to face...


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Just a note regarding capture; If you throw a Pokéball, or attempt to capture a Pokémon without having done much in the way of battling, the capture attempt will always backfire. You'll need to earn it, so pop the Pokéball away for a round or two, and then we'll talk business ^-^

The fact that Wingull is now receiving first aide is something you're quite relieved about since it means you'll be able to concentrate solely on what's going on between Blitz and Carvanha. The old man nods when you respond to his question, but continues to watch the battling Pokémon while attending to his Wingull. Turning your full attention to the water you decide the best way to deal with this situation is to force Carvanha's capture. Blitz appears more than happy with your plan and is quick to react when you call out your instructions. Carvanha on the other hand isn't quite as willing to go down without a fight and when witnessing you charging toward it with a small blue prison orb, releases its hold on Blitz's horn and drops into the water right in the middle of the two of you as you're charging at one another. The resulting chaos is so unexpected that all you have time to do is react on instinct rather than take time to think. Carvanha is in the water, its lethal jaws chomping wildly while trying to grab hold of either you or Blitz, whichever it can get to first. While you're trying to dance out of its way, you're also desperate to evade Blitz's horn which is heading straight for you. Blitz, also aware of the damage he can do to you should his horn strike, makes a sudden dive for the water as its the only course of action he can see which will ensure you're not gorged by his horn as a result of his forward momentum. Unfortunately this results in you tripping over him and landing in the water as well while Carvanha goes wild, thrilled to pieces to have so much flesh to dine on. It Bites down hard on Blitz's leg, hanging on for dear life while your poor beetle is flailing his leg wildly to shake it off. Oh dear, looks like you're in a little spot of trouble...

futuramagirl
28th January 2008, 9:46 PM
[size=1]The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: The soft, angelic voice echoing throughout the chamber manages to creep you out, no matter how innocent it sounds. In fact, this entire place is getting creepier and creepier. Hidden traps, death chambers, and now an evil eyed something staring at you from the shadows. Whatever it is you doubt it's going to let you pass without a fight, but the fact you have one last riddle to solve is a worrying prospect as you have absolutely no clue as to what it can mean. Grasping the sword tighter in your hand, you feel something on the hilt move and look down to see a golden gemstone embedded in it that appears to be loose, almost as though it doesn't really belong there. Chatterbox is more interested in the evil eyes staring at you though, and squawks loudly to catch your attention. Looking up, you watch while the evil blue eyes move closer as the creature they're attached to moves slowly into the chamber. Now that it's no longer hiding in the shadows, you feel your heart skip a beat as the mysterious Pokémon reveals itself to be a very dangerous Skorupi. Chatterbox squawks again, this time a tone of desperation in her little voice. Her eyes are glued to the Scorpion Pokémon whose eyes are focused upon the sword you're holding in your hand. Skorupi's lethal tail swishes back and forth before it looks directly at you, its expression issuing a challenge you know you're going to have to face...[size]

Faith looked at the sword in her hands. She noticed a small yellow gem, which reminded her of the sun. The sun! Just like in those words... the sun that she felt like she hadn't seen in her life, as she was down here so long. Looking up, the creature who's eyes had been glaring at her stepped forward.
Skorupi... I've read about them. They're quite dangerous... I certainly never expected to find one so early on my journey. If I'm going to catch it, I'll have to stall a bit, as my only pokeball is a Timer Ball.
Faith smiled as she imangined having Skorupi on her team. This didn't impress the little scorpian. It swished it's tail, impatiently.

"Ok, Chatterbox! Use Peck twice and then use Fly!" she yelled out her orders to the parrot, who squaked, acknowledging them.

Meanwhile, I'll see if there's a spot for this little gem on the wall....

Lucario Master Chris
29th January 2008, 4:35 AM
Registration Post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7440961&postcount=33)
It's dawn. The golden rays of the sun are just starting to shine over the horizon. A warm breeze is blowing over the sandy beach. Sitting there is a boy and a Buizel, both of whom are staring out over the ocean.

"Ah, the ocean breeze smells so good" says the boy, who's name is Chris. Chris stands up and begins to stretch. Then, turning towards the Buizel he says "Don't you think that this is a great day to start our adventure?"

"Ya I guess" replies the Buizel named Jet. He then lays down on the sand and begins to yawn. Then after yawning says "but did we really need to come out so early Chris?"

"Come on, we're setting out on our first adventure!" Reply's Chris. He then leans down and looks at his lazy little Buizel. "Who knows what or who we'll meet along the way! Aren't you excited?"

"Ya, I guess so" Jet says. He then stands up and they begin walking towards the water together. "You know I'm not going to drag you the whole way right?"

"You know that I can swim" Chris says as they begin walking out into the water. Once they get out far enough they start swing out into the ocean. After getting away's of shore the two of them see a very small island about twenty yards away.

"What do you think?" Chris says as he splashes through the water. "Should we swim over there and take a rest?"

Jet, who is swimming a little ahead of Chris at this time, turns around and says "I'm good but I know you can't keep up with me so let's head over there." The both of them then begin swimming towards the island.

Angelic Pika
29th January 2008, 2:44 PM
The sun was up and above.The white, fluffy clouds are partly covering the sky. The gentle breeze made the trees wave as if saying hello to the trainers walking along the path. A fairly tall trainer with her pokemon appeared to be happily trudging the it. Not knowing which turn to take or which road will lead to where, they took the path straight ahead, hoping that it would lead them to a town or village to stay in.

"Ahhh, it's such a beautiful day!" Rizza said to the yellow mouse next to her. She was stretching her arms and yawning. She grew tired of the walk.

"Pipikachu?" The little mouse pokemon asked. It climbed up to its trainers head, lightly pulling on the delicate strands of straight, jet-black hair.

"I don't know, Chu. Maybe it's someplace nice and cozy." Rizza replied with a smile. The pikachu nodded in agreement, while she giggled. "I hope it's Mediville though. It's been a long time since we battled another pokemon, and you and I need the practice there." Chu nodded in agreement to her statement: they did need the practice.

The white, fluffly clouds turned into a light shade of gray, and they covered the sky further.The sun was barely seen through them. Rizza and Chu spotted a busy town ahead. It looked quite small, but there were a lot of people and farmlands in and around it. They were assumed it was Mediville. It must be it, that's the only place they were eager to find.

[x (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7397666&postcount=24)] registration post.

The Black Glove
29th January 2008, 10:38 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Just a note regarding capture; If you throw a Pokéball, or attempt to capture a Pokémon without having done much in the way of battling, the capture attempt will always backfire. You'll need to earn it, so pop the Pokéball away for a round or two, and then we'll talk business ^-^

The fact that Wingull is now receiving first aide is something you're quite relieved about since it means you'll be able to concentrate solely on what's going on between Blitz and Carvanha. The old man nods when you respond to his question, but continues to watch the battling Pokémon while attending to his Wingull. Turning your full attention to the water you decide the best way to deal with this situation is to force Carvanha's capture. Blitz appears more than happy with your plan and is quick to react when you call out your instructions. Carvanha on the other hand isn't quite as willing to go down without a fight and when witnessing you charging toward it with a small blue prison orb, releases its hold on Blitz's horn and drops into the water right in the middle of the two of you as you're charging at one another. The resulting chaos is so unexpected that all you have time to do is react on instinct rather than take time to think. Carvanha is in the water, its lethal jaws chomping wildly while trying to grab hold of either you or Blitz, whichever it can get to first. While you're trying to dance out of its way, you're also desperate to evade Blitz's horn which is heading straight for you. Blitz, also aware of the damage he can do to you should his horn strike, makes a sudden dive for the water as its the only course of action he can see which will ensure you're not gorged by his horn as a result of his forward momentum. Unfortunately this results in you tripping over him and landing in the water as well while Carvanha goes wild, thrilled to pieces to have so much flesh to dine on. It Bites down hard on Blitz's leg, hanging on for dear life while your poor beetle is flailing his leg wildly to shake it off. Oh dear, looks like you're in a little spot of trouble...

OOC: Got it. Less Capture, more Carvahna trashing. Pokeball all gone for now.

Drifter held back a string of curse words the the piranha pokemon let go of Blitz's horn. By the angle at which he and his starter were traveling, they would collide, and he would really hate to be skewered during his first battle. Luckily, Blitz realized this too, and in the last second, managed to lower his head into that water. Unfortuntely, it caused Drifter to trip over the Pokemon's long horn, sending him flying facefirst into the water.

Drifter quickly brushed his wet brown hair out of his eyes. *I hate getting wet* he thought, moving quickly to avoid getting bitten. Blitz, on the other hand, failed to move as fast, and soon was flailing around with a Savage Pokemon on its leg.

This was more than he could take. If he didn't calm himself soon... Drifter took a deep breath. In a stern voice, he regarded what he had to work with. Switching his Lure Ball with a Pokedex (which luckily was water-proof), he flipped up the status screen and had a look at his adversary. *Too bad we don't have any bug-type moves yet. It has a weakness to them. Fighting type moves would be good too...ok, I think I know what to do.*

Drifter spoke up in a firm voice "Blitz! Do not let it get to you! If you relax, it should loosen its grip! Then you can loosen it further with Leer, knock it off with Night Slash, and end the round with a Horn Attack!"

enchantress
31st January 2008, 2:39 PM
Angelic Pika, you're with John's Knight. Good luck with it all ^-^


The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Musing over the loose gem attached to the sword hilt, the maiden's whispered words come back to you. If this gem is supposed to symbolize the sun, and it needs to be returned to its rightful place, then there must be a spot somewhere in this chamber that you can put it in. Unfortunately you're going to have to take care of Skorupi first though, as it is of more immediate concern. It's staring at you intently, quite clearly having no intention of allowing you to go anywhere which isn't an entirely bad thing in your eyes seeing as the thought of catching it is rather appealing. But to do that, you're going to need to defeat it. You're not quite sure how Chatterbox feels about having to be the one to fight, but judging from her quick and eager response to your instructions, it seems she's happy to get in a little battle experience...

Chatterbox wastes no time in launching off your shoulder and diving toward Skorupi, but Skorupi is clever and is already prepared for her attack. It quickly sidesteps, scuttling out of the way before turning around and swinging its lethal tail right toward Chatterbox as she goes zooming straight past it. Skorupi's tail slams her hard in the rear sending her flying head first into the chamber wall. Hearing a pained "Squaaaa" when Chatterbox connects with the wall you can't help but wince, knowing that's got to hurt. She is quick to recover herself though, not willing to allow a bully of a scorpion to embarrass her in her first ever battle, and turns around, rushing at it at full speed and landing a hard Peck on Skorupi's head. Skorupi responds by spitting out a barrage of small, poison tipped needles, it's Poison Sting pelting Chatterbox and succeeding in poisoning your little teammate. Knowing she doesn't have much time to wrap up this battle now that she's been poisoned, Chatterbox flaps her colourful wings and flies up toward the chamber's ceiling. Making a quick lap around the room in order to gain some speed, she then dives toward Skorupi to attack with Fly. Skorupi tries to scuttle out of the way, but is unable to evade Chatterbox, instead lifting its tail to whack her upon her descent. Both attacks hit, resulting in both taking damage. Skorupi rolls across the floor, bashing into the Chamber wall, while Chatterbox squawks her disapproval at being hit by the scorion's tail a second time. She's looking a tad woozy, but still has a fair bit of fight left in her...



The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Frustrated beyond belief, you need to make a conscious effort to calm down. Taking a deep breath, you put youre Lure Ball away, replacing it with your Pokédex which you scan quickly in order to find some kind of workable strategy. Blitz is still trying to kick Carvanha off of him, and if he keeps struggling like this you know it's only going to end up a losing battle. The old man is still kneeling beside Wingull on the sand, a curious expression in his eyes while he watches the scene before him unfold. Finally coming up with a plan you hope will work, you call out your instructions to Blitz who at first seems to think you're mad. Relax? Relax while a carnivorous fish gnaws his leg off? Whatever....

Blitz then stops struggling while Carvanha continues chomping down on his leg but as soon as it realizes that Blitz has stopped moving it looks up curiously, wondering what its enemy is doing. Unfortunately for Carvanha, it's just stared straight into Blitz's Leer which succeeds in temporarily immobilizing it and giving Blitz just the chance he needs to break free. Being sure not to break eye contact with Carvanha, Blitz moves backward while dark energy begins to form around his claws. A moment later he strikes, his Night Slash doing more damage to himself than to Carvanha due to Carvanha's rough skin protecting it, but the attack has the desirable effect of flinging Carvanha right out of the water and up onto the sand. Now free of Blitz's Leer, Carvanha begins flopping about wildly, trying to make its way back into the water. Blitz isn't about to give up his one and only advantage though, and quickly moves in, head down, ramming it with his Horn Attack. Carvanha is in quite a bit of trouble now, but as long as those jaws are gnashing away wildly, it's far from safe to be getting in too close...


Lucario Master Chris: Thank you for addressing that first edit so quickly, but unfortunately there is still a little self updating in your intro. Nowhere in the Arcane Realm's introduction post does it say anything about there being an island in the Ocean of Mystery area, so please keep in mind that self updating not only includes you controlling battles, but also your environment. I'll skip over it for now, but please remember this for future reference.

Setting out on your first adventure with your faithful Buizel by your side, you soon arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. The clear blue sea is far too appealing for you to give up the chance for a swim though, and before long you're both heading out into the water for a leisurely swim. A few minutes later you come to a sudden stop when you feel something sting your leg. The stinging takes only seconds to turn into a frightful burning sensation, and before you have much of a chance to think let alone react, a blue jelly like blob with large red eyes rises to the surface of the water and stares at you curiously...

Lucario Master Chris
31st January 2008, 4:47 PM
Lucario Master Chris: Thank you for addressing that first edit so quickly, but unfortunately there is still a little self updating in your intro. Nowhere in the Arcane Realm's introduction post does it say anything about there being an island in the Ocean of Mystery area, so please keep in mind that self updating not only includes you controlling battles, but also your environment. I'll skip over it for now, but please remember this for future reference.

Setting out on your first adventure with your faithful Buizel by your side, you soon arrive on the shore of a beautiful stretch of white sandy beach, and find yourselves look out over the unnamed ocean before you. Most refer to this expanse of sea as the "Ocean of Mystery", due to the many unexplained occurrences that have taken place over the years. No matter how inviting it looks, and the calm waters certainly make it appear to be an attractive location for a day trip, locals steer clear of it for reasons tourists cannot fathom. The clear blue sea is far too appealing for you to give up the chance for a swim though, and before long you're both heading out into the water for a leisurely swim. A few minutes later you come to a sudden stop when you feel something sting your leg. The stinging takes only seconds to turn into a frightful burning sensation, and before you have much of a chance to think let alone react, a blue jelly like blob with large red eyes rises to the surface of the water and stares at you curiously...

Sorry, I wasn't sure just how much info I should put or how much controll I had. Looks like I went from not enough info ta to much. Again, I'm sorry.

After feeling that burning sensation Chris screams out "AAAAA!" while grabbing his throbbing leg. "What is that thing!" Chris struggles to grab his pack off his back. Once he does he reaches in, pulls out his pokedex, and begins trying to find out what the floating blue blob is. "If that's what I think it is we need to get away from it, NOW! Jet! Let's get away from it!"

"OK!" Jet says as he grabs Chris's arm and then begins to rotate his tails like a propeller, giving him enough strength and speed to about three yards away. he then stops and asks. "Are you OK Chris?"

"I'm feeling a little better." Chris says, maintaining his balence in the water. He then says "Here, eat this." Chris throws a special candy called a Rare Candy (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7482893&postcount=394) into Jets mouth.

"Mmmmm. Tasty!" Jet says after swallowing the candy. He then turns to Chris and says "OK, What are we going to do now Chris?"

"What else?" Chris says. "Were gonna fight!" He then turns around, holds up his Pokedex, and aims it at the blob while saying to Jet "Stay away from that thing and use Sonicboom and if it tries to attack use Quick Attack to dodge!"

futuramagirl
31st January 2008, 9:41 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Musing over the loose gem attached to the sword hilt, the maiden's whispered words come back to you. If this gem is supposed to symbolize the sun, and it needs to be returned to its rightful place, then there must be a spot somewhere in this chamber that you can put it in. Unfortunately you're going to have to take care of Skorupi first though, as it is of more immediate concern. It's staring at you intently, quite clearly having no intention of allowing you to go anywhere which isn't an entirely bad thing in your eyes seeing as the thought of catching it is rather appealing. But to do that, you're going to need to defeat it. You're not quite sure how Chatterbox feels about having to be the one to fight, but judging from her quick and eager response to your instructions, it seems she's happy to get in a little battle experience...

Chatterbox wastes no time in launching off your shoulder and diving toward Skorupi, but Skorupi is clever and is already prepared for her attack. It quickly sidesteps, scuttling out of the way before turning around and swinging its lethal tail right toward Chatterbox as she goes zooming straight past it. Skorupi's tail slams her hard in the rear sending her flying head first into the chamber wall. Hearing a pained "Squaaaa" when Chatterbox connects with the wall you can't help but wince, knowing that's got to hurt. She is quick to recover herself though, not willing to allow a bully of a scorpion to embarrass her in her first ever battle, and turns around, rushing at it at full speed and landing a hard Peck on Skorupi's head. Skorupi responds by spitting out a barrage of small, poison tipped needles, it's Poison Sting pelting Chatterbox and succeeding in poisoning your little teammate. Knowing she doesn't have much time to wrap up this battle now that she's been poisoned, Chatterbox flaps her colourful wings and flies up toward the chamber's ceiling. Making a quick lap around the room in order to gain some speed, she then dives toward Skorupi to attack with Fly. Skorupi tries to scuttle out of the way, but is unable to evade Chatterbox, instead lifting its tail to whack her upon her descent. Both attacks hit, resulting in both taking damage. Skorupi rolls across the floor, bashing into the Chamber wall, while Chatterbox squawks her disapproval at being hit by the scorion's tail a second time. She's looking a tad woozy, but still has a fair bit of fight left in her...


Faith watched as Chatterbox carried out her orders. Firstly, she began by diving at the Skorpi. She was eager for a battle, as Faith could easily tell. Faith saw a glint in the scorpian's eye.

That's not good...

Chatterbox's attack missed and when she flew straight past Skorupi, it whacked her with it's poisonous tail. As Chattebox hit the wall, Faith flinched a little; it looked painful.

Although obviously hurt, Chatterbox spun around and flew at the Skorupi again, pecking it's head. The Skorupi spat out a poison sting at her in response. Faith could see that her little Chatot had been poisoned quite badly, although that didn't stop the little parrot. She launched herself into the air, gained a little speed by flying around the small room, and dived towards Skorupi. Chatterbox managed to hit, but at the same time, Skorupi whacked her with it's tail. Skorupi rolled into the chamber wall. Chatterbox stumbled and squaked a bit but, apart from that, she still seemed eager.

"Okay, Chatterbox! Use Fly while Skorupi is still on the ground, and then Fly again! Afterwards use Peck!"

The Black Glove
31st January 2008, 11:41 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Frustrated beyond belief, you need to make a conscious effort to calm down. Taking a deep breath, you put youre Lure Ball away, replacing it with your Pokédex which you scan quickly in order to find some kind of workable strategy. Blitz is still trying to kick Carvanha off of him, and if he keeps struggling like this you know it's only going to end up a losing battle. The old man is still kneeling beside Wingull on the sand, a curious expression in his eyes while he watches the scene before him unfold. Finally coming up with a plan you hope will work, you call out your instructions to Blitz who at first seems to think you're mad. Relax? Relax while a carnivorous fish gnaws his leg off? Whatever....

Blitz then stops struggling while Carvanha continues chomping down on his leg but as soon as it realizes that Blitz has stopped moving it looks up curiously, wondering what its enemy is doing. Unfortunately for Carvanha, it's just stared straight into Blitz's Leer which succeeds in temporarily immobilizing it and giving Blitz just the chance he needs to break free. Being sure not to break eye contact with Carvanha, Blitz moves backward while dark energy begins to form around his claws. A moment later he strikes, his Night Slash doing more damage to himself than to Carvanha due to Carvanha's rough skin protecting it, but the attack has the desirable effect of flinging Carvanha right out of the water and up onto the sand. Now free of Blitz's Leer, Carvanha begins flopping about wildly, trying to make its way back into the water. Blitz isn't about to give up his one and only advantage though, and quickly moves in, head down, ramming it with his Horn Attack. Carvanha is in quite a bit of trouble now, but as long as those jaws are gnashing away wildly, it's far from safe to be getting in too close...

Drifter smiled, watching as his strategy came together. He was always a better tactician when he was calmed. With the tables turned, this could be his opportunity to hit it hard. But with those gnashing teeth, Carvahna could easily thwart any attempt to attack at close range. The masked trainer began to think...

*enter flashback*

"David-san, if you try and charge me like that, I'll only send you flying." The young boy ignored his sensei's warnings, and moved into a head on attack. With a motion of his wrist, David was thrown against the wall like a rag doll. "oww...." he moaned, rubbing the back of his head. The old man walked over to him, kneeling down to eye level.

"Balance is the key" he said. "Your attacks lack balance, and a way to defend against attacks" David looked at the old man with interest "so how would I go about doing so?"

The sensei smiled. "There are 4 forms of martial arts we teach here, each based on one of the four major elements that make up life. Fire is a staightforward offense, like yours just now, that uses sheer power. Earth focuses on defending and guarding attacks with a stong defense and stance, before grabbing the enemy. Wind requires speed and agility, focusing on dodging attacks."

"But what about the 4th style?"

"Water. Water can only be used after mastering all 3 of the others. Water is adaptable, and as such, water-style fighting is changing styles in the middle of a fight to attack effectively. For example:" The old man stood up and helped David to his feet. "When you attacked me with the fire style, I was able to shift instantly from my wind-style dodging ability to my earth-style grasp and throw. Then, blending the two together, I spun and threw you aginst the wall. In this way..." he took his combat stance again "it creates balance."

"Well then" said the masked child "I guess I can try again!" the small boy moved forward to attack once again...

*End Flashback*

"Water Style! That's it!" Drifter thought. "Blitz, use your Night Slash to fling sand in its face to try and blind it, then spin with a Horn Attack in the counterclockwise direction! The spinning should keep it from getting too close!"

PeeGee
3rd February 2008, 6:11 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: The pride you feel in watching your Starter Pokémon evolve is overwhelming, so much so that you temporarily forget what you're doing here. That is until the lumberjack addresses you personally, startling you out of your thoughts and pulling your mind back to the immediate situation. With everything that has happened, this is the last thing you'd expected to come from his mouth which results in you staring at him for a moment, wondering what on earth he's talking about. Nuzzles is looking between the two of you, obviously aware of the fact that his attempt to cause a distraction has failed miserably considering you're all face to face at this very moment, and is curious as to how you're going to react.

With your cover blown, and knowing there's no way you can get the Ledyba out right now without the man knowing about it, you're really only left with one alternative and that is to speak. Curious as to what he means by the forest being dangerous, you figure the best way to find out is to ask.

"There are dangerous Pokémon living in the forest," he responds, frowning while trailing his fingers through his hair. He's obviously concerned by the fact you're out here alone with absolutely no idea of the dangers involved, and appears genuinely surprised by the fact you're truly not aware of them.

"Several of our men have been attacked by wild Ursaring during the past week while we've been working out here. At first we thought we may have been encroaching upon their territory, but it's since been confirmed that Ursaring don't live in this area. Something has brought them out here, and we have no idea what that can be. Since one of our men went missing two nights ago, we've been told to pack up and leave. Most have already left camp, but a few of us have stayed behind to finish the work we've started. I'd offer you a ride back to civilization, but the last truck left just a few minutes ago. If you're alone, you might be safer staying with us..."

When he heard about the Ursaring attacks and that there were no more rides into town left, PikaGod blanched. In his over imaginative mind, the trainer saw a twenty-foot tall bear attacking a city and the fact that PikaGod had only ever seen an Ursaring in movies such as Ursazilla and When Ursarings Attack only helped fuel the fear that he was feeling. But a cute little bear licking honey soon replaced the pictures of the attacking bear. Yes, PikaGod did wish to get himself a Teddiursa but he couldn’t find one. He was about to ask if there were any of the aforementioned teddies when he remembered that he had totally forgotten about his Bellsprout. Knowing that he really didn’t have a choice about whether or not he was going to able to get his little plant back PikaGod asked the lumberjack a question.
“Excuse me, Mr Lumberjack Man, my Bellsprout is doing ‘something’ and well since I heard about the attacks I don’t really want to go get her on my own,” PikaGod took a deep breathe before finishing the sentence. “Can you please help me? I only asked because well you seem pretty strong and as you said, I’ll be safer with you?”
After finishing his sentence the trainer looked at the lumberjack and waited for an answer.

enchantress
3rd February 2008, 2:16 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

PikaGod: Please respond to my PM ASAP.

"So you're not here alone, eh?" the lumberjack asks. "That's good to know, but I'm not sure your Bellsprout will be much help if you run into a wild Ursaring."

"I'm Jack by the way," he says, introducing himself. "And this little fellow here wandered into camp and decided to attack one of our tents before evolving just a few minutes ago" he continues, nodding toward Nuzzles.

"Before we do anything, I guess we really should do something about finding your friend. Where did she go?" Jack asks, awaiting your answer.

Knowing that Autumn is in the process of stealing Jack's shiny Ledyba, you're fairly certain it won't be a good idea to let him know of your plans which means you have some quick thinking ahead of you...



The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With the poison working through her system, Chatterbox appears to like your strategy of keeping as far away from Skorupi as possible. Unfortunately there isn't really a lot of room to work with in this small chamber, but she manages to do okay for the time being. Darting up to the ceiling, she circles around it several times while Skorupi watches her every movement carefully, sitting in wait and ready to strike as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It doesn't have to wait too long for Chatterbox finally dives from the ceiling, putting as much speed as she can muster into her Fly attack. Skorupi scuttles to the side, but not fast enough to evade the full force of the attack due to the confines of the room. It's knocked onto its side but is quick to right itself, hastily firing off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny toxic tipped projectiles following Chatterbox as she swoops up into the corner. Chatterbox is now stinging from the assault, the poison working through her system and causing her to work up quite a sweat. She's finding it harder and harder to remain airborne due to the toxins spreading through her blood, but manages to gain enough speed to swoop in fast enough to hit Skorupi hard before landing on the ground less than a metre away. While things aren't looking good for the little parrot's health, her only consolation is the fact that her attacks are super effective against the little bug, despite it being a poison type. If she can only keep this up a little longer, she may just be able to defeat it. With Chatterbox now sitting on the ground, Skorupi sees its chance and lunges for her, Biting her tail quite hard which makes her squawk up a storm, her high pitched voice echoing throughout the small chamber. Turning her head, she Pecks Skorupi hard, the painful attack causing it to release its hold. While you're watching the two of them battle, you suddenly remember the sword in your hand, the golden stone in its hilt reminding you of the riddle. A quick glance around the room shows you there are several carvings in the chamber with indentations in the wall in which the stone may belong, but whether you should search now or after the battle is something you're going to have to decide...



The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Interesting reply. Not exactly the norm, but I like it ^-^

Happy to see your plan is coming together, yet still concerned about Blitz being hurt should he get too close to Carvahna, you start to think about what to do next when an image from your childhood springs to mind. You'd learned a lesson the hard way that day, and you suspect that this particular memory has been triggered by your subconscious as the lesson you had learned may very well be of great help to you now. Your thoughts return to the present, and you're quick to instruct Blitz who immediately responds to your orders. His claw is once again surrounded by dark energy, but this time he uses the added power to send an enormous amount of sand flying into the little piranha's face. Carvanha is beside itself, floundering on land with sand being thrown at it left, right and centre, and while it continues to struggle its energy is draining at an extremely accelerated rate. When you instruct Blitz to spin with a Horn Attack, he looks at you quizzically, wondering what on earth you mean. Spin? Spin with a Horn Attack? This can be interpreted in so many different ways that he takes a moment to think on it before shrugging and standing on his head in the sand. His horn begins to glow while he pushes off into a spin, and a moment later he's performing an upside down pirouette with sand flying in all directions. Whether this is what you had originally intended for him to do or not, the results are more than you could have hoped for as Blitz digs quite a deep hole in the sand which causes the sand surrounding it to slide and begin caving into the hole - with Carvanha being pulled right in. With no water to keep it alive, and now buried in the sand with no way to get back into the comfort of the ocean, Carvanha is in quite a bit of a pickle...


Lucario Master Chris: It's ok, this is a learning experience after all. Just try not to get too carried away with anything not directly related to the update. The running away part wasn't really very constructive, especially since you stopped a second later, and did ruin the reply. Stay on track, and all is good ^-^

The curious expression in the blue blobs eyes turns to fright when you begin screaming your lungs out. It quickly moves backward, startled by your sudden and totally unexpected reaction. While you're fumbling with your Pokédex, you're unaware of the fact that the blob staring at you is starting to become annoyed, and if it could frown its disapproval then it most definitely would. When you turn and run its annoyance turns to anger as it's completely insulted by your reaction, and in a quick burst of speed starts chasing you. When you come to a stop a few yards away and toss Jet a candy in preparation for a battle, you turn to point your Pokédex at the creature only to find it already bearing down on you. With it being less than a metre away Jet is quick to react by darting several inches forward which causes a small burst of wind to shoot toward the angry blob that your Pokédex has identified as a Tentacool, and knock it off course. Jet's Sonicboom does little to harm Tentacool, but it is now angrier than ever. While it's setting its sights upon its attacker, Jets knows a battle is inevitable and performs a speedy Quick Attack to land a hit before Tentacool has the opportunity to move first. The unfortunate result of this is that Jet is now directly in the path of Tentacool's Poison Sting and is pelted by the tiny toxic needles, a few of which dig into Jet's skin, poisoning him...

The Black Glove
3rd February 2008, 9:59 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Interesting reply. Not exactly the norm, but I like it ^-^

Happy to see your plan is coming together, yet still concerned about Blitz being hurt should he get too close to Carvahna, you start to think about what to do next when an image from your childhood springs to mind. You'd learned a lesson the hard way that day, and you suspect that this particular memory has been triggered by your subconscious as the lesson you had learned may very well be of great help to you now. Your thoughts return to the present, and you're quick to instruct Blitz who immediately responds to your orders. His claw is once again surrounded by dark energy, but this time he uses the added power to send an enormous amount of sand flying into the little piranha's face. Carvanha is beside itself, floundering on land with sand being thrown at it left, right and centre, and while it continues to struggle its energy is draining at an extremely accelerated rate. When you instruct Blitz to spin with a Horn Attack, he looks at you quizzically, wondering what on earth you mean. Spin? Spin with a Horn Attack? This can be interpreted in so many different ways that he takes a moment to think on it before shrugging and standing on his head in the sand. His horn begins to glow while he pushes off into a spin, and a moment later he's performing an upside down pirouette with sand flying in all directions. Whether this is what you had originally intended for him to do or not, the results are more than you could have hoped for as Blitz digs quite a deep hole in the sand which causes the sand surrounding it to slide and begin caving into the hole - with Carvanha being pulled right in. With no water to keep it alive, and now buried in the sand with no way to get back into the comfort of the ocean, Carvanha is in quite a bit of a pickle...

OOC: My reply may not have been normal, but I did succeed in showing character development while using it to the current situation. Yay for weirdness!

Drifter sweatdropped as Blitz began to spin on his head. *I was hoping for something else* he had thought, but was surprised to see that the wet sand was giving in to the spinning stag beetle's spiral. As if it had made a whirlpool, the sandy Carvanha was sucked in, thrashing on its way down. Drifter was proud that his Heracross had made sense out of an order that should have been made clearer.

As for the savage Pokemon, Drifter began to take pity on it. A fish can't breathe sand... deciding it was time, Drifter once again relinquished his Lure Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426074&postcount=7). "This time..." he said, "I won't be so foolish as to get too close. Besides, if that Carvahna really wants to get out of that sand, it won't resist." With that, he tossed it, watching as it fell downwards towards the fish...

futuramagirl
4th February 2008, 9:22 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With the poison working through her system, Chatterbox appears to like your strategy of keeping as far away from Skorupi as possible. Unfortunately there isn't really a lot of room to work with in this small chamber, but she manages to do okay for the time being. Darting up to the ceiling, she circles around it several times while Skorupi watches her every movement carefully, sitting in wait and ready to strike as soon as the opportunity presents itself. It doesn't have to wait too long for Chatterbox finally dives from the ceiling, putting as much speed as she can muster into her Fly attack. Skorupi scuttles to the side, but not fast enough to evade the full force of the attack due to the confines of the room. It's knocked onto its side but is quick to right itself, hastily firing off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny toxic tipped projectiles following Chatterbox as she swoops up into the corner. Chatterbox is now stinging from the assault, the poison working through her system and causing her to work up quite a sweat. She's finding it harder and harder to remain airborne due to the toxins spreading through her blood, but manages to gain enough speed to swoop in fast enough to hit Skorupi hard before landing on the ground less than a metre away. While things aren't looking good for the little parrot's health, her only consolation is the fact that her attacks are super effective against the little bug, despite it being a poison type. If she can only keep this up a little longer, she may just be able to defeat it. With Chatterbox now sitting on the ground, Skorupi sees its chance and lunges for her, Biting her tail quite hard which makes her squawk up a storm, her high pitched voice echoing throughout the small chamber. Turning her head, she Pecks Skorupi hard, the painful attack causing it to release its hold. While you're watching the two of them battle, you suddenly remember the sword in your hand, the golden stone in its hilt reminding you of the riddle. A quick glance around the room shows you there are several carvings in the chamber with indentations in the wall in which the stone may belong, but whether you should search now or after the battle is something you're going to have to decide...


Chatterbox launched herself into the air, wincing a little because of the poison. Skorupi sat completely still, it's eyes following the colourful parrot as she flew round the small room. After circling the room enough to gain a reasonable speed, Chatterbox dove towards the blue scorpian. Skorupi side-stepped but, once again, was too slow to avoid Chatterbox's attack. Skorupi was knocked onto it's side, but it managed to get back up on all it's legs. As soon as it had, it let lose several tiny needles, a Poison Sting attack, which followed Chatterbox as she flew back into the air. Chatterbox screeched as the attack hit her. Faith winced; the attack must be extremly painful, especially with the extra poison in Chatterbox's body. Chatterbox started flying around the room again, not as strong as before because of the poison. She hit Skorupi again and landed not far away from the scorpion.

Skorupi looked quite hurt. But this wasn't much of a surprise to Faith: she made an effort to read about Pokemon before she started her journey, and she knew that Chatterbox's attacks were super effective against Skorupi.

Skorupi took it's chance and scuttled forward. It bit hard on Chatterbox's tail. Chatterbox screeched louder than ever, the noise still ringing in Faith's ears long after Chatterbox had shut up. Chatterbox twisted her head and pecked on the scorpion's well armoured head, who let go.

Faith suddenly remembered the sword and the riddle. She decided she'd concentrate on the battle first, and then see if she could find a place for the small gem.

"Okay Chatterbox! Use Fly twice more and then Peck!"

Lucario Master Chris
4th February 2008, 11:19 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: It's ok, this is a learning experience after all. Just try not to get too carried away with anything not directly related to the update. The running away part wasn't really very constructive, especially since you stopped a second later, and did ruin the reply. Stay on track, and all is good ^-^

The curious expression in the blue blobs eyes turns to fright when you begin screaming your lungs out. It quickly moves backward, startled by your sudden and totally unexpected reaction. While you're fumbling with your Pokédex, you're unaware of the fact that the blob staring at you is starting to become annoyed, and if it could frown its disapproval then it most definitely would. When you turn and run its annoyance turns to anger as it's completely insulted by your reaction, and in a quick burst of speed starts chasing you. When you come to a stop a few yards away and toss Jet a candy in preparation for a battle, you turn to point your Pokédex at the creature only to find it already bearing down on you. With it being less than a metre away Jet is quick to react by darting several inches forward which causes a small burst of wind to shoot toward the angry blob that your Pokédex has identified as a Tentacool, and knock it off course. Jet's Sonicboom does little to harm Tentacool, but it is now angrier than ever. While it's setting its sights upon its attacker, Jets knows a battle is inevitable and performs a speedy Quick Attack to land a hit before Tentacool has the opportunity to move first. The unfortunate result of this is that Jet is now directly in the path of Tentacool's Poison Sting and is pelted by the tiny toxic needles, a few of which dig into Jet's skin, poisoning him...

Chris stares at Jet as the poison sinks in and begins to take effect. "Jet!" Chris yells, his mind racing, trying to find a solution to this problem. As he looks at Pokemon, atempting to think up a stratgy he calls out to Jet. "How ya holding up?"

"Good, I think," Jet says with a grimace, half out of the water. "That Tentacool got me good," Jet grabs his chest where he was hit "if we don't end this quick we could be in big time trouble. Also, my water type attacks won't have much of an effect on that blob."

"I think I've got a plan." Chris says looking at the poisonous jelly fish floating in the water. "Leap out of the water and use Sonicboom. Try to land behind it and use Quick Attack to nail it in the back! Next, wait until the Tentacool makes a move and use a second Quick Attack to dodge the attack!"

John's Knight
5th February 2008, 1:11 AM
Tyranidos
Eager to start your first battle, you promptly give orders to the small Charmander, who seemed even desperate to start acting. The lizard nods, acknowledging understanding of your commands, before dashing forward, preparing his claws for the first strike. However, the Hippopotas doesn’t stay put, as it dashes forward as well, glaring at its opponent.

The Hippopotas is the first to strike, Tackling hard on the small lizard, as he breathed for air. Nevertheless, before being sent away by such a strong clash, he moves his claws, Scratching the Hippopotas’ eyes. Both pokemon being badly injured during these last 3 seconds, the ground pokemon seemed to be panting the most, lightly blind from the attack. Pyro, who was thrown away by the Tackle, quickly gets up to his feet, before Growling dangerously at the blind pokemon, who shivered in fear by such sound.

Not knowing what was happening, the Hippopotas does nothing but stare blankly at the horizon, probably trying to make the most of his hearing. Pyro however is too swift for it to notice him, as he Scratches its opponent’s body once more, the hippopotamus crying in pain. For your surprise, it quickly counter-strikes, Biting the Charmander’s arm tightly for two seconds, before letting it go and walking away some feet.

The battle was certainly a fierce one: the Hippopotas is still lightly blind, and took some damage. Pyro took some damage as well, although his arm isn’t going to be on its best conditions for some time. Both pokemon used some energy, although not too relevant for the battle’s outcome.

What will you do?

J_Hunter
As you seem both curious and lightly scared regarding the so called “Ghost King”, you can’t help but ask what kind of pokemon you were after. Then, you got the impression that, if the forest wasn’t haunted and every sound you made was relevant to your survival, Rod would have laughed out loud for an hour. Instead, he let out a small giggle, before answering.

“Your last question is incorrect. I’m afraid this isn’t as trivial as a “pokemon” ghost. Nope, this is an ethereal and powerful entity from probably another world, who suddenly thought it would be fun to control this forest. He has a vast array of creatures at his disposal, like a Captain and his soldiers. Fortunately for us, they all seem to have a weak spot. It is believed that in the middle of the forest lies a large rainbow orb, said to be the “fountain of life” of this forest, I guess. The Ghost King is the sole possessor of it, and that’s the reason why it controls this entire area. If we can get near it and do something on it, we can easily get away.”

Breathing for air, he sighs, before continuing. “This won’t be easy though. We’ll have to pass through multiple traps and such; luckily, you have a Dark pokemon, which can easily counter the ghost’s attacks. So, what do you say? Fight with me for survival, or perish alone?”



Angelic Pika
There it was: Mediville. The tourist guide classified it as a “well-populated village, filled with infinite opportunities for beginner trainers who want to develop themselves and their pokemon”. Although it didn’t look exactly as a Pokemon Stadium filled with trainers, it was certainly a good place for a walk.

As you enter the small village, you examine the surroundings: it had a central street, small and beautiful houses on the sides, decorated with awe-inspiring flowers and small “house-made” farms and gardens. There were both pokemon and humans on them, as you spot a bunch of Roselia and Roserade scattered around the gardens, playing delightfully with each other. At the end were a Pokemart and a Pokemon Center, seeming to be the most important buildings on the village.

Suddenly, your eye catches a small crowd not too far away, cheering loudly for someone called “Tod”. You walk quickly towards them, and as you get nearer, you recognize the beautiful sounds of the well known “Pokemon Battle”. Blending into the crowd, you see two boys on the sides, while a Totodile and a Meditite had just punched each other fiercly, the Totodile immediately fainting after the clash.

“I won again!” the boy on the right said, jumping in joy. The other one recalled his Totodile, and said “Good match Tod! It’s great to see you’re improving so fast!” Tod quickly replied “Thanks Mitch, means a lot to me.” Turning to the crowd, he said “I think my Meditite is still up for one more challenge. Is there anyone who would like to fight?”

Tyranidos
5th February 2008, 1:20 AM
Tyranidos
Eager to start your first battle, you promptly give orders to the small Charmander, who seemed even desperate to start acting. The lizard nods, acknowledging understanding of your commands, before dashing forward, preparing his claws for the first strike. However, the Hippopotas doesn’t stay put, as it dashes forward as well, glaring at its opponent.

The Hippopotas is the first to strike, Tackling hard on the small lizard, as he breathed for air. Nevertheless, before being sent away by such a strong clash, he moves his claws, Scratching the Hippopotas’ eyes. Both pokemon being badly injured during these last 3 seconds, the ground pokemon seemed to be panting the most, lightly blind from the attack. Pyro, who was thrown away by the Tackle, quickly gets up to his feet, before Growling dangerously at the blind pokemon, who shivered in fear by such sound.

Not knowing what was happening, the Hippopotas does nothing but stare blankly at the horizon, probably trying to make the most of his hearing. Pyro however is too swift for it to notice him, as he Scratches its opponent’s body once more, the hippopotamus crying in pain. For your surprise, it quickly counter-strikes, Biting the Charmander’s arm tightly for two seconds, before letting it go and walking away some feet.

The battle was certainly a fierce one: the Hippopotas is still lightly blind, and took some damage. Pyro took some damage as well, although his arm isn’t going to be on its best conditions for some time. Both pokemon used some energy, although not too relevant for the battle’s outcome.

What will you do?

Tyrant watches closely as the two Pokemon engage in the battle. Hippopotas, despite being the larger of the two, surprisingly starts charging towards Pyro first. Hippopotas then slams into Pyro, tackling him into the ground. "Pyro! Come on! You can do this, I believe in you!" Tyrant yells out. "Pyro, you can do it. Please be ok." he thought, desperate for Pyro to try to defeat the Hippopotas. Pyro then gets up, to Tyrant's relief, and responds with a vicious scratch to Hippopotas' eyes. Hippopotas cries out, blinded and helpless. "Geez, wasn't expecting that. Hope that little guy is ok." Tyrant thought, feeling a bit sorry for the wild Pokemon. Pyro continued his charge with a menacing growl which scared the Hippopotas. "Wow, Pyro can sure growl load!" He thought. "You're doing great, Pyro, keep it up!" He told Pyro. Pyro then lunged forward again, with the confidence of himself and Pyro to back the Charmander up, he takes advantage of Hippopotas' temporary trance and scratches him once more. "Yeah! Got him again!" Tyrant yelled. Pyro grunted in satisfaction. But, Hippopotas was not done, as he bit Pyro's arm. "Oh no! Pyro, are you alright?" Tyrant asked worriedly. Pyro held his arm, his facial expression apparently saying "yes" to Tyrant. "Alright Tyrant, show that Hippo who's boss! Use Scratch with your good arm! Do it as much as possible, we are going to win this!" Tyrant exclaimed. With that, Tyrant's adrenaline rose to such great levels. He completely forgot about the heat and just wanted to do what he loved with whom he loved.

Angelic Pika
5th February 2008, 1:13 PM
Angelic Pika
There it was: Mediville. The tourist guide classified it as a “well-populated village, filled with infinite opportunities for beginner trainers who want to develop themselves and their pokemon”. Although it didn’t look exactly as a Pokemon Stadium filled with trainers, it was certainly a good place for a walk.

As you enter the small village, you examine the surroundings: it had a central street, small and beautiful houses on the sides, decorated with awe-inspiring flowers and small “house-made” farms and gardens. There were both pokemon and humans on them, as you spot a bunch of Roselia and Roserade scattered around the gardens, playing delightfully with each other. At the end were a Pokemart and a Pokemon Center, seeming to be the most important buildings on the village.

Suddenly, your eye catches a small crowd not too far away, cheering loudly for someone called “Tod”. You walk quickly towards them, and as you get nearer, you recognize the beautiful sounds of the well known “Pokemon Battle”. Blending into the crowd, you see two boys on the sides, while a Totodile and a Meditite had just punched each other fiercly, the Totodile immediately fainting after the clash.

“I won again!” the boy on the right said, jumping in joy. The other one recalled his Totodile, and said “Good match Tod! It’s great to see you’re improving so fast!” Tod quickly replied “Thanks Mitch, means a lot to me.” Turning to the crowd, he said “I think my Meditite is still up for one more challenge. Is there anyone who would like to fight?”


Rizza walked briskly towards the crowd. They seem to be cheering for someone.. she thought. She took a closer look at what was happening and she heard sounds of delight! A pokemon battle is going-on. She took a look at the battlers. It seems she was already late because the Totodile had fainted after the clash. She sighed, but her hopes were up again when she heard the sound of Tod, as he was called, who was finding a new challenger.

Chu was beside her, eyeing the Meditite. She felt intrigued yet curious about it. It wasn't familiar with it from where she had been, while Rizza was astounded by that Tod person. Rizza felt the need to beat Tod. She wanted to beat him, because he was too strong ... or maybe she was just too weak. Chu and herself needed the practice anyway, so why not take the chance? He was finding a new challenger so why not grab the first battle?

Her arms were held up high in a desperate attempt to call his attention, while Chu climbed on her back. She called out "I wanna get a go shot at it! Let me battle with you." Determined to be noticed by Tod, she went up to him and smiled. "I want to be the next trainer to battle you." she said towards Tod. Chu gave a small smile to him and nodded in agreement to its trainer. "Please? I'm new to this town, and I was hoping to find new friends" she continued. ... or rivals she finished her sentence within her mind.

j_hunter
6th February 2008, 8:19 AM
J_Hunter
As you seem both curious and lightly scared regarding the so called “Ghost King”, you can’t help but ask what kind of pokemon you were after. Then, you got the impression that, if the forest wasn’t haunted and every sound you made was relevant to your survival, Rod would have laughed out loud for an hour. Instead, he let out a small giggle, before answering.

“Your last question is incorrect. I’m afraid this isn’t as trivial as a “pokemon” ghost. Nope, this is an ethereal and powerful entity from probably another world, who suddenly thought it would be fun to control this forest. He has a vast array of creatures at his disposal, like a Captain and his soldiers. Fortunately for us, they all seem to have a weak spot. It is believed that in the middle of the forest lies a large rainbow orb, said to be the “fountain of life” of this forest, I guess. The Ghost King is the sole possessor of it, and that’s the reason why it controls this entire area. If we can get near it and do something on it, we can easily get away.”

Breathing for air, he sighs, before continuing. “This won’t be easy though. We’ll have to pass through multiple traps and such; luckily, you have a Dark pokemon, which can easily counter the ghost’s attacks. So, what do you say? Fight with me for survival, or perish alone?”


J.'s face became whiter and whiter throughout Rod's speech. By the end of it, he didn't trust himself to open his mouth. The dangers of which Rod spoke were far beyond what J. had expected on his first "relaxing" trip with his companion. He could feel Helen tense beside him as Rod talked about soldiers; Helen disliked all forms of military discipline. When Rod had finished, J. was left shaken. Not only had this strange boy just popped up from nowhere in this dark, forbidding place and started talking about ghosts and soldiers, but he had finished an entire monologue with only one pause for breath.

The question that immediately popped into J.'s head was just as immediately squashed. No wonder the forest was full of horrific tales; if the king of Ghosts (the real, scary kind, not the mildly humorous Gastly that hosted a television program) was really controlling the source of the forest's life, then the place was in trouble.

J., though not without his doubts, realised that he had very little choice. It was either fend for himself in this unfamiliar place, or go with Rod and challenge the Ghost King. He looked at Helen. She wagged her tail, ready for some kind of action. "Well Rod, I don't see much point in us not sticking together. We'll both have a better chance of surviving this place if we help each other out. Let's go and find this Ghost King, and try to keep away from anything that might hurt us."

PeeGee
9th February 2008, 11:10 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen
"So you're not here alone, eh?" the lumberjack asks. "That's good to know, but I'm not sure your Bellsprout will be much help if you run into a wild Ursaring."

"I'm Jack by the way," he says, introducing himself. "And this little fellow here wandered into camp and decided to attack one of our tents before evolving just a few minutes ago" he continues, nodding toward Nuzzles.

"Before we do anything, I guess we really should do something about finding your friend. Where did she go?" Jack asks, awaiting your answer.

Knowing that Autumn is in the process of stealing Jack's shiny Ledyba, you're fairly certain it won't be a good idea to let him know of your plans which means you have some quick thinking ahead of you...

First things first, am I allowed to change the name of my character, because I want to give him a real name now instead of my old user name.

PikaGod nodded at the lumberjack as he introduced himself as Jack.
Wow, I wonder if Jack's parents knew what he was going to grow up to become thought PikaGod as he silently laughed at the probably unintentional pun that Jack had.
But then Jack asked where Autumn was and PikaGod blanched, he hadn't been thinking properly when he had asked the man for help. The trainer racked his brain for an answer that he could give the lumberjack when Nuzzles ran over to him. PikaGod looked down at the Wily pokemon as Nuzzles sternly looked at his trainer before whispering something to PikaGod. The trainer's eyes widened as he realised two things. One, that he could understand Nuzzles, and two, that his pokemon had just thought up a good plan. PikaGod nodded to his pokemon before opening his mouth to give the lumberjack an answer to where Autumn was.
"My bellsprout was with me when we decided to play hide and go seek. I think that she had hidden somewhere near another tent, but back onto the story. Well Nuzzles and I were searching for her when we heard a strange noise. Nuzzles and I ran from the noise and hid. Then when we remembered that Autumn was still hiding. Nuzzles went and tried to get your attention and when I saw you picking him up, I overreacted and here we are now, " answered PikaGod, lying through his teeth.

enchantress
10th February 2008, 10:42 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Food Guy: You can change the name of your character any time you like, but try not to make it too often or you'll only confuse your updators. And as an added note, you're improving. Keep it up and you'll be out of here in no time.

To say you've put your foot in your mouth is an understatement. Right now you're feeling like you've opened up as wide as possible and shoved both feet right down your throat. Quickly trying to think up a way to get yourself out of this rather uncomfortable position, Nuzzles is the one to come to your rescue. Jack, seeing the conversation between the two of you, seems a little surprised, then a little suspicious, before you launch into an explanation of how you'd been playing hide and seek with your Pokémon and ended up becoming separated. From Jack's initial silence, and the way he's looking between you and Nuzzles, you're not too sure he's bought your story and are ready to hightail it out of here just in case things turn ugly. Luck is on your side though, because a moment later he breaks into a wide grin.

"Well that's a relief!" he exclaims. "You're lucky to have this little guy here with you, but you should still be thanking your lucky stars that you didn't run into trouble before he evolved. Even now he's no match for an Ursaring, but at least he's strong enough to help you distract one long enough to escape. I am worried about your Bellsprout though, because she shouldn't be out here alone. I'm concerned about that noise you heard as well, because I doubt it came from anyone here which means there could be something lurking in the forest on the outskirts of camp."

Jack looks into the treeline with concern, obviously worried that an Ursaring or two could be nearby and waiting for a chance to attack, with no idea at all that you'd made up the whole thing.

"We'd better find her then," he continues. "You say she may have hidden in one of the tents? You take that one over there," he says pointing to the far side of the campsite, "and I'll take this one here."

Before you have a chance to respond, Jack turns and walks toward the tent Autumn is in, carrying out her role in the Ledyba rescue mission...


The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Chatterbox is tired, there is no doubt about it. If not for the toxins spreading through her she'd be in much better shape which is what makes poison types so lethal. With a combination of pain and determination in her little eyes, she flaps her wings and takes off toward the ceiling again, Skorupi once again assaulting her with its deadly Poison Sting needles. The little Chatot's vision is blurring now as she struggles to remain conscious, but she focuses upon Skorupi as best she can before dive bombing it with another Flying attack. Skorupi is hit hard, but quickly retaliates by whacking its tail into Chatterbox's head before she can escape its clutches completely. Now in a lot of pain, Chatterbox tries to take flight again but the poison is so bad that she can barely make it off the ground. Skorupi begins pelting her with its Poison Sting, never letting up until Chatterbox half dives, half falls onto it with a rather dodgy attempt at using another Fly. She just doesn't have the energy to lift off now, but fortunately she's already caused just as much damage to Skorupi as it has to her. It's quite wobbly on its feet now, but seeing Chatterbox in the state she's in gives it the confidence to scuttle in close. Not the best decision on its part... Skorupi opens its mouth and Bites down hard on Chatterbox's chest just as she is moving her head forward to attack. Though Skorupi's attack is mindblowingly painful, so is Chatterbox's Peck which lands hard on the top of Skorupi's head. Both Pokémon release pained cries before falling to the floor in a crumpled heap, Chatterbox laying on top of the little blue scorpion who is most definitely KOed. Unfortunately Chatterbox isn't moving at all and upon closer inspection you see that although she has defeated Skorupi, she has also been KOed. Stunned, you can only look at them both laying there for a moment before the realization of the fact this is far from over hits you. Your Pokémon has fainted, you're stuck in a tiny chamber in the middle of an ancient tomb, and who knows how many more perils lay in wait once you pass through the doorway Skorupi was guarding...



The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Quite surprised by Blitz's interpretation of your attack order, you have no reason to complain considering the results. Though the outcome isn't quite what you'd expected, the end result is that Carvanha has no way out of this situation leaving you with all of the odds in your favour. Once again taking your Lure Ball in hand, you figure the little piranha will be stupid to fight and quickly throw it at the flailing fish before it dies. The old man watches intently, his curiosity getting the better of him, while the Lure Ball sucks Carvanha inside and begins wobbling in the pit of sand. Looks like Carvanha may not be so smart after all as it's putting up quite a fight. Either that or it would rather die than allow itself to be caught. After an excruciatingly long struggle, the Lure Ball finally falls still, the capture light turning green with an accompanying, "Piiing!", signalling your successful capture of a Lv.3 male Carvanha.

"Congratulations lad," says the old man upon witnessing your success. "It was touch and go for a minute there, but you did it."

He looks back down at Wingull whose eyes are open but is still far from well, before he continues speaking.

"Seeing the way you handled yourself with that Carvanha makes me wonder if you'd be interested in helping me with a mission. It's dangerous, and may take many months to complete, but I could sure use some help..."


Though I was a little disappointed with the length of your last reply, you've done well enough with previous ones to warrant being released from the Arcane Realm. With Carvanha's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and are free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones.
Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Upon replying to this update you're free to go and do your own thing, but keep in mind that all ZA's and ZO's have the power to send anyone (new members or old) to the Arcane Realm if they feel replies aren't up to par. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you so off you go *pushes you outta here*, and have fun ^-^



Lucario Master Chris: This may sound like a strange request, but for the sake of my own sanity can you please not have Buizel talk? Not only am I not a fan of talking Pokémon, but I'd like to actually see some proper RPing here and I'm afraid that Jets speech is taking away from that. After you leave the AR you can have him talk as much as you like, but for now I'd like to see some roleplaying happening.

Unable to believe that Jet has been poisoned so quickly, you can only stare for a moment before reality sinks in. You're quite a distance from land, so trying to swim for it will most likely tire Jet out before you can both reach safety, his water attacks won't do much damage to Tentacool, and his consistent use of Quick Attack is only going to speed up the rate of the toxins spreading through his system. Whichever way you look at it you're in trouble, and you both know it. For now, all you can do is react to the immediate situation as it doesn't appear Tentacool is prepared to give any ground at all. Responding to your instructions immediately, Jet rushes forward leaping out of the water and releasing another blast of air straight toward Tentacool. His Sonicboom isn't all that powerful but this second use of the attack seems to have done more damage to Tentacool than expected. Perhaps due to it's age, you really can't be sure at this point, but any damage is a good thing considering the circumstances. Tentacool responds by releasing a godawful high pitched sound that feels like it's going to split your eardrums causing you to cover your ears in a desperate attempt to block out the noise. Unfortunately for Jet his hearing is much more sensitive than yours so Tentacool's Supersonic has the desired effect of causing complete and utter confusion to take hold of him. Jet shakes his head vigorously trying to remember what you'd just told him to do, but to no avail - he simply can't remember. Tentacool then fires off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny projectiles shaving off a little of Jet's hair, but not doing a great deal of damage...

futuramagirl
10th February 2008, 1:40 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: Chatterbox is tired, there is no doubt about it. If not for the toxins spreading through her she'd be in much better shape which is what makes poison types so lethal. With a combination of pain and determination in her little eyes, she flaps her wings and takes off toward the ceiling again, Skorupi once again assaulting her with its deadly Poison Sting needles. The little Chatot's vision is blurring now as she struggles to remain conscious, but she focuses upon Skorupi as best she can before dive bombing it with another Flying attack. Skorupi is hit hard, but quickly retaliates by whacking its tail into Chatterbox's head before she can escape its clutches completely. Now in a lot of pain, Chatterbox tries to take flight again but the poison is so bad that she can barely make it off the ground. Skorupi begins pelting her with its Poison Sting, never letting up until Chatterbox half dives, half falls onto it with a rather dodgy attempt at using another Fly. She just doesn't have the energy to lift off now, but fortunately she's already caused just as much damage to Skorupi as it has to her. It's quite wobbly on its feet now, but seeing Chatterbox in the state she's in gives it the confidence to scuttle in close. Not the best decision on its part... Skorupi opens its mouth and Bites down hard on Chatterbox's chest just as she is moving her head forward to attack. Though Skorupi's attack is mindblowingly painful, so is Chatterbox's Peck which lands hard on the top of Skorupi's head. Both Pokémon release pained cries before falling to the floor in a crumpled heap, Chatterbox laying on top of the little blue scorpion who is most definitely KOed. Unfortunately Chatterbox isn't moving at all and upon closer inspection you see that although she has defeated Skorupi, she has also been KOed. Stunned, you can only look at them both laying there for a moment before the realization of the fact this is far from over hits you. Your Pokémon has fainted, you're stuck in a tiny chamber in the middle of an ancient tomb, and who knows how many more perils lay in wait once you pass through the doorway Skorupi was guarding...

Chatterbox was looking very tired now. The poison had affected her very badly. Chatterbox took off again, it looked like it took an awful amount of effort for her, though. Skorupi used Poison Sting again. The attack hit Chatterbox, who seemed to have trouble with her vision. With all her effort, the tiny parrot dived into a Fly again. It seemed to deal quite a lot of damage, especially with Chatterbox in her condition. However, Skorupi hit it equally as hard with it's tail afterwards. Chatterbox just about managed to lift off from the ground again. Skoupi shot the needles of Poison Sting at her again, until she managed to hit Skorupi again, although rather wonkily. She definetly didn't have enough energy to fly again, but Skorupi seemed as weak as her. Skorupi weakly scuttled over to Chatterbox, it's brain still seemed to be at full power, despite it's heavy breathing and unsteadiness on it's feet. Unfortunatly, Chatterbox wasn't really watching properly and dashed foward for an attack. (Well, not quite "dashed") This gave Skorupi the chance to attack and it clamped it's jaws onto Chatterbox's feathery chest. Chatterbox didn't have the energy to yell out in pain, like it would've done, but instead it pecked Skorupi on the head, at about the same power as the bite. Using up the last of their energy, they cried weakly, as they both fell to the floor.

Faith looked at them. They were both knocked out. Faith gasped. There was no telling what she was going to face next, and her pokemon was knocked out.


Return the sun to it's rightful place and no more dangers you will face.

Faith breathed a sigh of relief. If she could find the place for the gem, then she would be safe. Out of her pocket, she drew Chatterbox's pokeball. She pressed the button in the middle, and Chatterbox dissapeared in a flash of red light. Next she pulled out a Timer Ball, and threw it at the Skorupi.

After I catch it (or not) I'll look for the place the gem could go on the wall...

The Black Glove
10th February 2008, 11:30 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

The Black Glove: Quite surprised by Blitz's interpretation of your attack order, you have no reason to complain considering the results. Though the outcome isn't quite what you'd expected, the end result is that Carvanha has no way out of this situation leaving you with all of the odds in your favour. Once again taking your Lure Ball in hand, you figure the little piranha will be stupid to fight and quickly throw it at the flailing fish before it dies. The old man watches intently, his curiosity getting the better of him, while the Lure Ball sucks Carvanha inside and begins wobbling in the pit of sand. Looks like Carvanha may not be so smart after all as it's putting up quite a fight. Either that or it would rather die than allow itself to be caught. After an excruciatingly long struggle, the Lure Ball finally falls still, the capture light turning green with an accompanying, "Piiing!", signalling your successful capture of a Lv.3 male Carvanha.

"Congratulations lad," says the old man upon witnessing your success. "It was touch and go for a minute there, but you did it."

He looks back down at Wingull whose eyes are open but is still far from well, before he continues speaking.

"Seeing the way you handled yourself with that Carvanha makes me wonder if you'd be interested in helping me with a mission. It's dangerous, and may take many months to complete, but I could sure use some help..."


Though I was a little disappointed with the length of your last reply, you've done well enough with previous ones to warrant being released from the Arcane Realm. With Carvanha's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and are free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones.
Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Upon replying to this update you're free to go and do your own thing, but keep in mind that all ZA's and ZO's have the power to send anyone (new members or old) to the Arcane Realm if they feel replies aren't up to par. I'm sure it won't be a problem for you so off you go *pushes you outta here*, and have fun ^-^



Drifter began to sweat with anticipation. Despite the beating it had taken, the vicious little pain was still fighting from inside the Lure Ball. The blue sphere wobbled and swayed, leaning back and forth until finally: *Ping*

The masked trainer let out a sigh of relief, and although it was impossible to see, smiled. His first victory, which, while not flawless, had allowed him to fight while keeping anyone from getting hurt. *Well....* he thought, looking at Blitz, who had just succeded in yanking his long horn from the sand *Almost everybody. Blitz sure took an awful lot of bite attacks.* He lept down into the hole with surprising agility, before grabbing his new Carvahna and jumping backwards to the sand above. His mind flooded with ideas on how to use it in battle....

"Congradulations lad" came a voice from behind. Drifter and his stag beetle Pokemon turned swiftly to the source, and saw the old man and his injured Wingull. "It was touch and go for a minute there, but you did it." He said, holding the injured water fowl in his hands. He looked down at it with a fatherly grin before turning back to the trainer. *Wingull seems concious now* Drifter sighed in relief *I'm glad it's okay*

"Seeing the way you handled yourself with that Carvanha makes me wonder if you'd be interested in helping me with a mission." The old fogey continued "It's dangerous, and may take many months to complete, but I could sure use some help..."

At this, Drifter's ears perked up "a mission, eh? I'm not exactly a mercenary, but I don't really have anywhere important to go...." He gave the man a thumbs-up "Just tell me what it is you need..."

OOC: I'm not leaving quite yet (I have to see what kind of mission the old man is offering), but I thought I would take this moment to say: Thank you Enchantress for taking time out of your no-doubt busy schedule to read and update my replies (I hope this one is long enough for you *laughs*). As for the rest of you (In both Enchantress' and John's Update Groups), I wish you good luck, happy roleplaying, and I hope to see you in Fizzytopia. I just may end up teaming up with you someday...

PeeGee
11th February 2008, 9:15 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Food Guy: You can change the name of your character any time you like, but try not to make it too often or you'll only confuse your updators. And as an added note, you're improving. Keep it up and you'll be out of here in no time.

To say you've put your foot in your mouth is an understatement. Right now you're feeling like you've opened up as wide as possible and shoved both feet right down your throat. Quickly trying to think up a way to get yourself out of this rather uncomfortable position, Nuzzles is the one to come to your rescue. Jack, seeing the conversation between the two of you, seems a little surprised, then a little suspicious, before you launch into an explanation of how you'd been playing hide and seek with your Pokémon and ended up becoming separated. From Jack's initial silence, and the way he's looking between you and Nuzzles, you're not too sure he's bought your story and are ready to hightail it out of here just in case things turn ugly. Luck is on your side though, because a moment later he breaks into a wide grin.

"Well that's a relief!" he exclaims. "You're lucky to have this little guy here with you, but you should still be thanking your lucky stars that you didn't run into trouble before he evolved. Even now he's no match for an Ursaring, but at least he's strong enough to help you distract one long enough to escape. I am worried about your Bellsprout though, because she shouldn't be out here alone. I'm concerned about that noise you heard as well, because I doubt it came from anyone here which means there could be something lurking in the forest on the outskirts of camp."

Jack looks into the treeline with concern, obviously worried that an Ursaring or two could be nearby and waiting for a chance to attack, with no idea at all that you'd made up the whole thing.

"We'd better find her then," he continues. "You say she may have hidden in one of the tents? You take that one over there," he says pointing to the far side of the campsite, "and I'll take this one here."

Before you have a chance to respond, Jack turns and walks toward the tent Autumn is in, carrying out her role in the Ledyba rescue mission...


Just a note, I have changed PikaGod's name to Angus.

Angus let out a breathe of relief when Jack burst into a big smile. The lumberjack had believed his story and that made Angus' mission easier, or so he thought. After Jack looked around, Angus thought that it was to see if he could see one of the hulking pokemon known as Ursaring. Then Jack said the next part of the plan and Angus froze.
Crap! he thought Autumn is at Jack's tent
So now the trainer was still in able to get into trouble about his shiny bellsprout stealing back a pair of shiny Ledybas. So while he was still trying to figure out what he was going to do Angus wondered if the lumberjack would make a deal with him. Another thought that was on his mind was that even though he had lied about hearing an Ursaring, Angus was still worried about there being one out there that would attack him. So one of the logical thoughts in his mind was to at least get a bit more protection. So with that on his mind Angus threw up Mozart's pokeball. When the ball smashed into the ground it opened up and shot out the musical moustached bug.
"Mozart you and Nuzzles might have to get ready to possibly battle an Ursaring," Angus said to his pokemon.
Angus took a deep breath before he asked Jack if they could swap tents.

enchantress
14th February 2008, 11:39 AM
I know you're not out of the Arcane Realm yet, but PikaGod/FoodGuy & futuramagirl are free to post in the Valentines Day giveaway thread. You've been replying well enough, so Happy Valentines Day!

Lucario Master Chris, you haven't even replied to your last update so no go there.

The Black Glove: Though I'd continue updating you if I had the time, I just don't which is unfortunate. The Arcane Realm isn't designed for long-term updating anyway, and it's already taking me away from other FB responsibilities so the sooner you're out the better. This is a good thing, trust me ^-^


For those of you still in here, I'll be updating as soon as time permits.

John's Knight
14th February 2008, 1:27 PM
The same happens with my group:

Angelic Pika
j_hunter
Tyranidos

You've been replying extremely well for your "FB age", and you deserve to be rewarded. You're still not out of the Arcane Realm, however.

Enjoy your Valentines Day! =D

John's Knight
14th February 2008, 2:10 PM
Tyranidos
Extremely excited regarding how Pyro was handling this battle, you quickly give him further commands, as the small lizard nods, acknowledging full understanding of your words. Using the Hippopotas’ blindness as an advantage, Pyro rushes forward, preparing his claws for another strike. In the meanwhile, the small hippopotamus pokemon continues being desperate, trying to regain his vision as soon as possible. With all his movements and grunts, it wasn’t able to hear the Charmander’s quick footsteps, as it was an easy sitting duck for Pyro’s claws, being Scratched yet again.

Unfortunately, the desperate Hippopotas opens its large mouth, and for a moment you thought it would be another Bite attack. What came next, you weren’t expecting at all. As a retaliation move, it Yawns loud and clear, several pink bubbles being fired from the creature’s throat. Pyro is surprised as he’s almost instantly hit by the dazzling bubbles, bursting and providing you with a two-second show of pink-colored showers. Another yawn follows, almost as loud as the other one; unfortunately, it isn’t Hippopotas the one that yawns, but Pyro instead, who seemed to be somewhat drowsy. From what you’ve learned in your youth, you definitely know what will come next: a sleeping lizard.

“Oh dear!” Stacey exclaims, seeming a bit worried and amused. “Pyro will have to move quickly, or he’ll fall into asleep. That Hippopotas is certainly a box full of surprises!” The Hippopotas is panting somewhat heavily now, although his vision is better than before; Pyro’s movement is reduced by 30%, and will have to move quickly if he wants to win this battle.

What will you do?



Angelic Pika
As Tod eyes the crowd, hoping to find himself another opponent, you quickly approach him, volunteering yourself as his next opponent. “Please? I'm new to this town, and I was hoping to find new friends.” You say, as the boy replies with a big smile. “Sure, let’s go! I’m sure we’ll have a great time!” he answers, as he takes his position. Pointing to the small Meditite, he continues “I’m using my Meditite here. He doesn’t seem to be very tired, so he can take one more. Unless you don’t want to, of course my friend.” The fighting pokemon quickly stares at him, nodding excitingly. “Looks like I have the answer I needed – and wanted obviously. Good luck, may the best trainer win!”

As they both get ready, you walk quickly to the other side of the crowd-surrounded field, Chu still on your back, eyeing curiously at the crowd. It was your first battle; and even though many beginners often lose their first battles, especially against someone who had more experience (even if it was little), that was something you didn’t and couldn’t think. Aiming at a win, you stand in front of Tod, as he shouts “Let’s go! Meditite, I want you to Meditate slowly, gain some attack boost, it will pay off during the battle. Then, go for a Bullet Punch! Since it is a very fast attack, I doubt she can dodge it.”

As he finishes ordering his commands, the Meditite nods, as he starts focusing, gathering all his energy as to boost his attack strength. Knowing the opponent’s commands will pay as an advantage, so use them wisely when thinking of what to do next. The Pikachu quickly hops off your shoulder, waiting for your instructions eagerly.

What will you do?




J_Hunter
“What an excellent choice of words!” Roy exclaims, before putting his own hand in front of his mouth, realising he could have just put themselves into danger. “I knew you would accept my offer. Now, let’s hurry up, no time to lose.” He blends himself into the bushes, and you and Helen follow his actions, your senses set on high alert.

You were thinking you were wandering in circles, although there wasn’t enough light to spot specific details: to you there were just trees, trees and more trees around you, sneaking quietly through bushes. “Ah ah! We’re close!” Roy whispers, pointing at what lied in front of them. You make through some more bushes, focusing your energy on your eyes to fully see what was there. Side by side with Helen and Roy, you all spot a small Duskull levitating three feet above the ground, seeming to be patrolling this area. “We must be close. Usually, ghost pokemon wander around with nothing to do, making random movements; in this case, the Duskull is coming back and forth, which means it’s patrolling the area we desire to enter.”

You then observe the small ghost pokemon: it was indeed going back and forth, back and forth, with a simple and bored monotony. Just looking at it was making you bored and drowsy. Suddenly, for your misery, Roy stabbed his foot against a sting, and lets out a small grunt. That was enough for the Duskull to stop, before quickly firing a small Night Shade near your location. The impact created a small explosion, which made you all get up in a hurry, revealing your positions.

“There goes the element of surprise.” Roy said in his regular tone, disappointed with himself. “Now, be quick against it, and don’t let it run away! If the others know we’re here, we’re doomed.”

What will you do?

Lucario Master Chris
14th February 2008, 4:46 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: This may sound like a strange request, but for the sake of my own sanity can you please not have Buizel talk? Not only am I not a fan of talking Pokémon, but I'd like to actually see some proper RPing here and I'm afraid that Jets speech is taking away from that. After you leave the AR you can have him talk as much as you like, but for now I'd like to see some roleplaying happening.

Unable to believe that Jet has been poisoned so quickly, you can only stare for a moment before reality sinks in. You're quite a distance from land, so trying to swim for it will most likely tire Jet out before you can both reach safety, his water attacks won't do much damage to Tentacool, and his consistent use of Quick Attack is only going to speed up the rate of the toxins spreading through his system. Whichever way you look at it you're in trouble, and you both know it. For now, all you can do is react to the immediate situation as it doesn't appear Tentacool is prepared to give any ground at all. Responding to your instructions immediately, Jet rushes forward leaping out of the water and releasing another blast of air straight toward Tentacool. His Sonicboom isn't all that powerful but this second use of the attack seems to have done more damage to Tentacool than expected. Perhaps due to it's age, you really can't be sure at this point, but any damage is a good thing considering the circumstances. Tentacool responds by releasing a godawful high pitched sound that feels like it's going to split your eardrums causing you to cover your ears in a desperate attempt to block out the noise. Unfortunately for Jet his hearing is much more sensitive than yours so Tentacool's Supersonic has the desired effect of causing complete and utter confusion to take hold of him. Jet shakes his head vigorously trying to remember what you'd just told him to do, but to no avail - he simply can't remember. Tentacool then fires off another barrage of Poison Sting needles, the tiny projectiles shaving off a little of Jet's hair, but not doing a great deal of damage...

Ok I'll hit the mute button on Jet for now. Also I'm sorry for posting so late, I've had the flu. I hope this on is better.

A breeze blows across the still waters as the battle calms down once again. "Shoot!" Chris yells out as he slams his fist into the water, making a loud splash. Then staring at the blue blob that his Buizel has been fighting he says, "That Tentacool is smarter than I gave it credit for. Any attempt on a physical attack will just get Jet get blasted," Chris says as he turns to look at his injured and poisoned Buizel, "so we'll have to start getting creative!" Chris says, winking at Jet, giving him the go ahead to begin another assault. "Jet, dive down and use your Water Gun to create a fountain underneath the Tentacool and get it into the air! Then use a Quick Attack up, through the fountain, to knock him further into the air! Follow up by doing a spiral jump into the air and using Sonicboom to knock it away from you!"

Tyranidos
15th February 2008, 5:11 PM
Tyranidos
Extremely excited regarding how Pyro was handling this battle, you quickly give him further commands, as the small lizard nods, acknowledging full understanding of your words. Using the Hippopotas’ blindness as an advantage, Pyro rushes forward, preparing his claws for another strike. In the meanwhile, the small hippopotamus pokemon continues being desperate, trying to regain his vision as soon as possible. With all his movements and grunts, it wasn’t able to hear the Charmander’s quick footsteps, as it was an easy sitting duck for Pyro’s claws, being Scratched yet again.

Unfortunately, the desperate Hippopotas opens its large mouth, and for a moment you thought it would be another Bite attack. What came next, you weren’t expecting at all. As a retaliation move, it Yawns loud and clear, several pink bubbles being fired from the creature’s throat. Pyro is surprised as he’s almost instantly hit by the dazzling bubbles, bursting and providing you with a two-second show of pink-colored showers. Another yawn follows, almost as loud as the other one; unfortunately, it isn’t Hippopotas the one that yawns, but Pyro instead, who seemed to be somewhat drowsy. From what you’ve learned in your youth, you definitely know what will come next: a sleeping lizard.

“Oh dear!” Stacey exclaims, seeming a bit worried and amused. “Pyro will have to move quickly, or he’ll fall into asleep. That Hippopotas is certainly a box full of surprises!” The Hippopotas is panting somewhat heavily now, although his vision is better than before; Pyro’s movement is reduced by 30%, and will have to move quickly if he wants to win this battle.

What will you do?


Pyro, looking very eager at Tyrant, shows off his claws and starts scratching at the wild Hippopotas. "You're doing great, Pyro! Keep it up!" Tyrant exclaimed. The Hippopotas, out of desperation, opens up its very large mouth. "Oh no, not another bite." Tyrant thinks. "What am I going to do now?" Hippopotas then releases small pink bubbles, yawning and trying to make Pyro catch the sleep disease. "What is tha-" Tyrant has no time to find out as the bubbles hit the surprised lizard. "Pyro! Are you alright?" Tyrant desperately wanted to know what those bubbles did. "Oh dear! Pyro will have to move quickly, or he'll fall asleep. That Hippopotas is certainly a box full of surprises!" Stacey exclaimed. "You're telling me, Pyro has to be more active." Tyrant responds to Stacey's comment.

"Alright then Pyro, this Love Berry (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7552561&postcount=13) should help. And with that, he tosses the berry at Pyro's mouth, with him eating hit and raising two levels. "Alright! You should be able to use your fire power-literally!" Tyrant exclaimed. He started to shake with excitment, if only Pyro would do the same. "Use Scratch a couple more times to keep you active! Then finish this with an Ember attack!" Tyrant shouted. He grinned as big as possible. He felt so good that Pyro knows his own element's move now. But, what will happen....

j_hunter
16th February 2008, 12:11 AM
J_Hunter
“What an excellent choice of words!” Roy exclaims, before putting his own hand in front of his mouth, realising he could have just put themselves into danger. “I knew you would accept my offer. Now, let’s hurry up, no time to lose.” He blends himself into the bushes, and you and Helen follow his actions, your senses set on high alert.

You were thinking you were wandering in circles, although there wasn’t enough light to spot specific details: to you there were just trees, trees and more trees around you, sneaking quietly through bushes. “Ah ah! We’re close!” Roy whispers, pointing at what lied in front of them. You make through some more bushes, focusing your energy on your eyes to fully see what was there. Side by side with Helen and Roy, you all spot a small Duskull levitating three feet above the ground, seeming to be patrolling this area. “We must be close. Usually, ghost pokemon wander around with nothing to do, making random movements; in this case, the Duskull is coming back and forth, which means it’s patrolling the area we desire to enter.”

You then observe the small ghost pokemon: it was indeed going back and forth, back and forth, with a simple and bored monotony. Just looking at it was making you bored and drowsy. Suddenly, for your misery, Roy stabbed his foot against a sting, and lets out a small grunt. That was enough for the Duskull to stop, before quickly firing a small Night Shade near your location. The impact created a small explosion, which made you all get up in a hurry, revealing your positions.

“There goes the element of surprise.” Roy said in his regular tone, disappointed with himself. “Now, be quick against it, and don’t let it run away! If the others know we’re here, we’re doomed.”

What will you do?



Panting as they struggled through the seemingly endless clusters of thick trees, J. quickly lost all sense of direction. The darkness didn't help; more than once he found himself stumbling on concealed roots and whacking his head on low-hanging branches.

Rod suddenly stopped and whispered that the party was close. -Close to what?- J. thought. His question was answered as they spied a Duskull, hovering between a set of trees nearby. The three watched the skull-shaped ghost for some time. It was hypnotic, almost like a lava lamp. Just as J. found himself slipping into unconsciousness, Rod yelped. J. shot him a warning glance, but the damage was done. The Duskull had let out some kind of ghostly energy in their direction, and they had to reveal themselves in order to avoid it.

Rod lamented their loss of advantage, but J. had no time for regret. He knew from the Ghastly channel that Duskull were extremely persistent, and that the trio wouldn't be able to outrun this one, especially with sunlight being so far beyond the treetops. This Duskull needed to be defeated.

J. rapidly spouted orders to Helen, who looked indignant at his tone but understanding of the situation.

"Helen, we don't have much room to move here and you don't have any Dark moves yet. If this is one of the Ghost King's soliders, then it's going to know a bit about fighting. If you can, try to Leer at it so that it will expect you to attack physically, then try to surprise it with an Ember. But be careful! We don't want the trees to go up in flames..."

Angelic Pika
16th February 2008, 6:48 AM
Angelic Pika
As Tod eyes the crowd, hoping to find himself another opponent, you quickly approach him, volunteering yourself as his next opponent. “Please? I'm new to this town, and I was hoping to find new friends.” You say, as the boy replies with a big smile. “Sure, let’s go! I’m sure we’ll have a great time!” he answers, as he takes his position. Pointing to the small Meditite, he continues “I’m using my Meditite here. He doesn’t seem to be very tired, so he can take one more. Unless you don’t want to, of course my friend.” The fighting pokemon quickly stares at him, nodding excitingly. “Looks like I have the answer I needed – and wanted obviously. Good luck, may the best trainer win!”

As they both get ready, you walk quickly to the other side of the crowd-surrounded field, Chu still on your back, eyeing curiously at the crowd. It was your first battle; and even though many beginners often lose their first battles, especially against someone who had more experience (even if it was little), that was something you didn’t and couldn’t think. Aiming at a win, you stand in front of Tod, as he shouts “Let’s go! Meditite, I want you to Meditate slowly, gain some attack boost, it will pay off during the battle. Then, go for a Bullet Punch! Since it is a very fast attack, I doubt she can dodge it.”

As he finishes ordering his commands, the Meditite nods, as he starts focusing, gathering all his energy as to boost his attack strength. Knowing the opponent’s commands will pay as an advantage, so use them wisely when thinking of what to do next. The Pikachu quickly hops off your shoulder, waiting for your instructions eagerly.

What will you do?



"Good luck Chu" Rizza whispers to the yellow mouse pokemon. She hesitates, because this was her first battle and she wasn't sure if she could win it. She just hoped for the best, and thought of a strategy.

"If he's using one physical and one special attack, I guess I need to counter those...but how?" she thought to herself. Chu was promptly waiting for instructions, and she had to think fast because she wouldn't know when will the Meditite start to attack. She brushed off her ponytail behind her and said, "Chu, use Tail Whip to lower that Meditite's defense and get a good aim and Thundershock it while it's still Meditating."

Rizza was tapping her foot at the mouse pokemon, but stared at it with her deep blue eyes, silently saying, "You can do it" The electric mouse nodded and gave a small sigh, it wasn't in the mood for a battle, but it had to win this for its beloved trainer. Rizza was fidgeting, and thinking hard if she'd use her Love Berry on Chu. "It isn't a good time now. Maybe after the battle." she thought once more. Now she just hoped that she made the right decision. Chu was and still is as strong as can be.

enchantress
23rd February 2008, 6:13 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

Food Guy: With your plan backfiring, you know you're going to have to stop Jack from getting to the tent before you, but take the time to release Mozart first. Probably not the best idea considering it's given Jack just enough time to get to it before you can stop him. Your heart practically leaps out of your chest when you hear a loud, enraged, "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?!" coming from inside the tent he's entered. While you've so far managed to lie your way out of trouble, you're not so sure you're going to pull it off this time and find yourself wondering whether you should stay or run. Abandoning Autumn is out of the question, but before you can decide what to do next, Jack yells, "Help me out here, kid!"

Surprised, yet also rather curious, you figure Jack can't be angry with you if he's calling for help and head over to see what the problem is. Expecting him to have caught Autumn red handed in her mission to steal back the Ledyba, you instead enter the tent to find it in a total shambles. Jars containing honey and other food supplies have been smashed and torn open and in the very middle of it all are three little Teddiursa sound asleep, apparently quite satisfied after having devoured a good portion of the supplies meant for the workers out here in the forest. Scanning the tent, you see no sign at all of Autumn or the Ledyba which makes you wonder where they are. Jack's yell seems to have aroused the Teddiursa though, for a moment later they open their eyes and look sleepily up at the two of you wondering what all the fuss is about...



The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With your Pokémon out of action and this being only the beginning of your journey, the maiden's words run through your mind. "Return the sun to it's rightful place and no more dangers you will face". With this being your only clue you look thoughtfully at the golden gem sitting loosely in the swords hilt before taking Chatterbox's Pokéball in hand and returning her for a well earned rest. Your next course of action is to take care of the little critter who has already caused so much trouble, and without a second thought quickly toss your Timer Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=7421527#post7421527) at Skorupi and watch while the capture beam sucks the little scorpion inside. With Skorupi being unable to struggle, the ball drops to the sandstone floor and falls still, the green capture light signaling your successful capture of a Lv.1 male Skorupi.

With the Pokémon taken care of you retrieve Skorupi's ball before turning your attention to the chamber itself, but even while you're removing the gem from its position in the sword hilt you hear the hair raising cry of something echoing throughout the winding corridors of the ancient tomb. For now, it still seems to be a fair way off, but you know you need to get out of here before whatever it is becomes a threat and so quickly place the gem in the first wall indentation you find. Nothing happens. Trying another spot, you place the gem into the wall only to feel a chill breeze pass through the chamber. This isn't the correct place for it, but you sense that something else of more immediate concern will become an issue if you can't find the gems home quickly. Trying one more nook in the wall, a cackling laugh echoes throughout the chamber, this time the spectral form of a Gastly appearing in the room and staring at you evilly as you quickly remove the gem. Gastly circles around you, taunting you while you try yet another spot in the wall, but when even this is unsuccessful you begin to wonder if the maiden had been leading you in the right direction - and then you see it. Just above the urn in the corner of the chamber is the etching of a pyramid. The people of an ancient race are kneeling at the base of structure while an unidentified being stands at its top. The suns rays are symbolized by lines coming out of an indentation in the wall from where something is missing. If those lines are the sun's rays and there is no sun this can mean only one thing. Rushing across the room to place the golden gem into the empty nook, Gastly no longer seems to find this a laughing matter and fires off a frightening bolt of black energy which almost takes your hand off as you reach to place the gem into the wall, forcing you to leap backward. Knowing this has to be the answer you move quickly forward and shove the gem into the indentation to be rewarded with the most welcome sound you've ever heard - the scraping of the chambers missing doorway rising to reveal the corridor from which you had entered the tomb. Gastly immediately disintegrates into nothingness, its echoing cackle filling your ears as your escape from this nightmarish place reveals itself...


With Skorupi's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Also, please remember in future to link to any Pokéballs or healing items you're using. Have fun ^-^



The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: It's alright, I haven't been particularly well either. Also, thanks for obliging and for making very creative use of such a limited moveset. Well done ^-^

With time being a very important factor here, you know you can't waste any if you want to survive this first experience at sea with your first and only Pokémon. Knowing that Tentacool is clever, your only way out of this is to outsmart it, and to do that it's going to mean stretching Jet to his limit. Do or die, you have no choice. Relaying your instructions you watch while Jet moves into action, disappearing beneath the water while Tentacool's next barrage of Poison Sting needles fly over top of the spot he'd been just a moment before. The next minute Tentacool is blasted upward, out of the water with Jet's Water Gun, with Jet shooting up a second later and smacking it with Quick Attack. Tentacool is sent flying a good few metres away before plopping back into the water. It's quite annoyed, and while Jet is shaking his head trying to clear away the remnants of his confusion you can't help but feel proud of him for having accomplished this much considering the state he's in. Tentacool sends another Poison Sting Jet's way, several of the toxic needles pelting into him, the added burning sensation of the sharp projectiles helping to bring him back to his senses. With one final shake of his head, Jet looks up, his eyes now focused rather than confused, and though he's quite weak from the poison in his system, manages to gather all of his remaining energy into a powerful leap out of the water. He darts toward Tentacool before forcing himself backward with a sharp movement, the resulting Sonicboom charging out of him and straight Tentacool who is thrown back a little before falling still in the water, floating belly up. Taking a closer look you see that it's been KOed, but Jet isn't looking very well at all though he's still conscious. Level up for Jet. Knowing you'll need to get him help, and fast, the welcome sound of a voice close by catches your attention. Looking behind you, you notice a small boat approaching while an elderly man with a white beard and a Wingull sitting on his shoulder throws a small bottle toward you.

"Heal your Pokémon with this antidote lad, then hop on board quick smart!" he calls, steering the boat in beside you...

futuramagirl
23rd February 2008, 3:14 PM
The Ancient Tomb - Please reply in gold

futuramagirl: With your Pokémon out of action and this being only the beginning of your journey, the maiden's words run through your mind. "Return the sun to it's rightful place and no more dangers you will face". With this being your only clue you look thoughtfully at the golden gem sitting loosely in the swords hilt before taking Chatterbox's Pokéball in hand and returning her for a well earned rest. Your next course of action is to take care of the little critter who has already caused so much trouble, and without a second thought quickly toss your Timer Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=7421527#post7421527) at Skorupi and watch while the capture beam sucks the little scorpion inside. With Skorupi being unable to struggle, the ball drops to the sandstone floor and falls still, the green capture light signaling your successful capture of a Lv.1 male Skorupi.

With the Pokémon taken care of you retrieve Skorupi's ball before turning your attention to the chamber itself, but even while you're removing the gem from its position in the sword hilt you hear the hair raising cry of something echoing throughout the winding corridors of the ancient tomb. For now, it still seems to be a fair way off, but you know you need to get out of here before whatever it is becomes a threat and so quickly place the gem in the first wall indentation you find. Nothing happens. Trying another spot, you place the gem into the wall only to feel a chill breeze pass through the chamber. This isn't the correct place for it, but you sense that something else of more immediate concern will become an issue if you can't find the gems home quickly. Trying one more nook in the wall, a cackling laugh echoes throughout the chamber, this time the spectral form of a Gastly appearing in the room and staring at you evilly as you quickly remove the gem. Gastly circles around you, taunting you while you try yet another spot in the wall, but when even this is unsuccessful you begin to wonder if the maiden had been leading you in the right direction - and then you see it. Just above the urn in the corner of the chamber is the etching of a pyramid. The people of an ancient race are kneeling at the base of structure while an unidentified being stands at its top. The suns rays are symbolized by lines coming out of an indentation in the wall from where something is missing. If those lines are the sun's rays and there is no sun this can mean only one thing. Rushing across the room to place the golden gem into the empty nook, Gastly no longer seems to find this a laughing matter and fires off a frightening bolt of black energy which almost takes your hand off as you reach to place the gem into the wall, forcing you to leap backward. Knowing this has to be the answer you move quickly forward and shove the gem into the indentation to be rewarded with the most welcome sound you've ever heard - the scraping of the chambers missing doorway rising to reveal the corridor from which you had entered the tomb. Gastly immediately disintegrates into nothingness, its echoing cackle filling your ears as your escape from this nightmarish place reveals itself...


With Skorupi's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Also, please remember in future to link to any Pokéballs or healing items you're using. Have fun ^-^

Thank you for everything, enchantress! I'll remember about the linking ^_^ Good luck to everyone else here in the Arcane Realm. And, my last chapter in this thread:

The words echoced through Faith's mind: Return the sun to it's rightful place, and no more dangers will you face. Faith looked around. There seemed to be several possible places the sun could go. She tried the one closest to her. She waited for about a minute before she relised nothing was going to happen. She tried another space. A chilling wind blew through the chamber, making her shiver. She tried another space, and a Gastly appeared, making her jump. She tried another space. Again, nothing happened. The Gastly kept on mocking her. Then she saw it - above the urn, a small drawing of a pyramid. People were kneeling at the base. On top of the pyramid were some kind of rays. Instantly, Faith relised!

The sun!

She thrust the sun into place and waited. She heard stone being rubbed against more stone and she turned. There was a doorway: her escape from this place! When she stepped outside, the sun blinded her. She had almost forgotten what it looked like. She smiled: Her adventure was only just beggining.

Lucario Master Chris
25th February 2008, 3:50 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: It's alright, I haven't been particularly well either. Also, thanks for obliging and for making very creative use of such a limited moveset. Well done ^-^

With time being a very important factor here, you know you can't waste any if you want to survive this first experience at sea with your first and only Pokémon. Knowing that Tentacool is clever, your only way out of this is to outsmart it, and to do that it's going to mean stretching Jet to his limit. Do or die, you have no choice. Relaying your instructions you watch while Jet moves into action, disappearing beneath the water while Tentacool's next barrage of Poison Sting needles fly over top of the spot he'd been just a moment before. The next minute Tentacool is blasted upward, out of the water with Jet's Water Gun, with Jet shooting up a second later and smacking it with Quick Attack. Tentacool is sent flying a good few metres away before plopping back into the water. It's quite annoyed, and while Jet is shaking his head trying to clear away the remnants of his confusion you can't help but feel proud of him for having accomplished this much considering the state he's in. Tentacool sends another Poison Sting Jet's way, several of the toxic needles pelting into him, the added burning sensation of the sharp projectiles helping to bring him back to his senses. With one final shake of his head, Jet looks up, his eyes now focused rather than confused, and though he's quite weak from the poison in his system, manages to gather all of his remaining energy into a powerful leap out of the water. He darts toward Tentacool before forcing himself backward with a sharp movement, the resulting Sonicboom charging out of him and straight Tentacool who is thrown back a little before falling still in the water, floating belly up. Taking a closer look you see that it's been KOed, but Jet isn't looking very well at all though he's still conscious. Level up for Jet. Knowing you'll need to get him help, and fast, the welcome sound of a voice close by catches your attention. Looking behind you, you notice a small boat approaching while an elderly man with a white beard and a Wingull sitting on his shoulder throws a small bottle toward you.

"Heal your Pokémon with this antidote lad, then hop on board quick smart!" he calls, steering the boat in beside you...

"Thank's mister!" Chris replies to the elderly man. Chris then swims to Jet, picks him up, and says "Looks like things will work out now Jet" he says rubbing Jets head. Chris then opens up the samll bottle given to him by the elderly man and gives it to Jet, who quickly gulps down the contents "Hopefully we can trust this guy" Chris says as the two of them begin to swim up to the boat. "Thank's again mister, things were lookin' dim there for a little bit." Chris says as he pulls himself up and starts to help Jet get onboard. Chris then starts checking Jet over for any bad injuries and says "My name's Chris and this here is my partner Jet. If you hadn't come we would have been in big trouble." After he finishes checking on Jet, Chris walks up to the old man and asks "What's you name?"

enchantress
2nd March 2008, 1:04 AM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: Catching the small vial the old man has toosed you, you're quick to administer the antidote to Jet who appears just as relieved as you to have found help when you've needed it. With the medicine passing through his system and cleaning out the toxins in his blood, you take hold of him and move across to the boat. The man leans down, taking your hand and helping you climb on board while his eyes scan the water nervously as though expecting something to grab you and pull you under before he can get you up on deck. Though you're not quite sure if you can trust, the fact he has offered help is a good sign, and so you thank him before introducing yourself and Jet. The man smiles warmly when his eyes fall upon Jet, and he reaches out his hand to shake yours.

"Pleased to meet you lad," he replies. "The name's Abe, and I've been sailing these waters for the past sixty years." Reaching up to stroke Wingull who is still perched on his shoulder, he continues his introduction. "This here is Gulliver. I found him when he was but a wee little thing, lost at sea and floundering in the water. Never did understand how he got to be so far out, but after I pulled him out of the sea, gave him a good feed, and healed up his wounds, he's never left my side."

Gulliver squawks in agreement of Abe's words, rubbing his head affectionately against the old man's cheek which demonstrates just what a close bond the two of them share.

"Tell me lad," Abe says, the curiosity in his eyes and voice quite apparent. "What were you and your little friend doing all the way out here? It's not safe to be travelling these waters alone, especially with all of the Tentacruel attacks recently." Nodding toward the Tentacool you'd just KO'd which is still floating belly up in the water beside the boat, a frown creases Abe's brow. "You're lucky you only got into trouble with a young one or it may have been too late by the time I found you."

"I'll tell you what," Abe says with a thoughtful expression. "I was just heading out to see if I can find the cause of the problem that's responsible for the sudden influx of Tentacruel to the area lately. I'll be out at sea for a good few days, maybe even weeks, so if you'd like to come along you'll be welcome company. If you'd rather return to shore I can take you to the beach so you can continue on your travels."

Abe then watches you expectantly, awaiting your response while you mull over the choice he has given you...

Lucario Master Chris
3rd March 2008, 4:39 PM
I just wanted to ask if I'm improving. I'm afraid that I'm trying to fill in space by just useing adjectives and that it's not really adding anything to my posts.


The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: Catching the small vial the old man has toosed you, you're quick to administer the antidote to Jet who appears just as relieved as you to have found help when you've needed it. With the medicine passing through his system and cleaning out the toxins in his blood, you take hold of him and move across to the boat. The man leans down, taking your hand and helping you climb on board while his eyes scan the water nervously as though expecting something to grab you and pull you under before he can get you up on deck. Though you're not quite sure if you can trust, the fact he has offered help is a good sign, and so you thank him before introducing yourself and Jet. The man smiles warmly when his eyes fall upon Jet, and he reaches out his hand to shake yours.

"Pleased to meet you lad," he replies. "The name's Abe, and I've been sailing these waters for the past sixty years." Reaching up to stroke Wingull who is still perched on his shoulder, he continues his introduction. "This here is Gulliver. I found him when he was but a wee little thing, lost at sea and floundering in the water. Never did understand how he got to be so far out, but after I pulled him out of the sea, gave him a good feed, and healed up his wounds, he's never left my side."

Gulliver squawks in agreement of Abe's words, rubbing his head affectionately against the old man's cheek which demonstrates just what a close bond the two of them share.

"Tell me lad," Abe says, the curiosity in his eyes and voice quite apparent. "What were you and your little friend doing all the way out here? It's not safe to be travelling these waters alone, especially with all of the Tentacruel attacks recently." Nodding toward the Tentacool you'd just KO'd which is still floating belly up in the water beside the boat, a frown creases Abe's brow. "You're lucky you only got into trouble with a young one or it may have been too late by the time I found you."

"I'll tell you what," Abe says with a thoughtful expression. "I was just heading out to see if I can find the cause of the problem that's responsible for the sudden influx of Tentacruel to the area lately. I'll be out at sea for a good few days, maybe even weeks, so if you'd like to come along you'll be welcome company. If you'd rather return to shore I can take you to the beach so you can continue on your travels."

Abe then watches you expectantly, awaiting your response while you mull over the choice he has given you...


Chris's gaze drifts towards his injured Pokemon, thinking of the battle which raged just a moment ago and how if Abe hadn't come along and he and Jet had ran into another Tentacool or it's evolved form, Tentacruel, they would have both been in big trouble. "Something has gotten these Tentacool, Tentacruel, and possibly other Pokemon in an uproar" Chris says, looking at the unconscious Tentacool floating in the water. "What happened to me could happen to another Trainer" Chris says, turning back towards the generous old man "and they might not be as lucky as me so, if you'll let me, I wanna help find out what's going on with these poor Pokemon.

enchantress
11th March 2008, 1:08 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: You've definitely improved since cutting out the speech, I've just been waiting to see how long it will take for you to start taking all of the update into account when replying rather than making the common mistake of picking up your reply from where the update leaves off. At the moment even though you're meeting the minimum four line requirement you don't seem to be making any attempt at all to expand upon what you've already written.

Abe smiles and nods, pleased that you've taken him up on his offer. "I'm happy to have you on board," he replies before turning around and turning the boats engine back on. A few minutes later you're sailing the waters of the Ocean of Mystery, and can see what Abe meant regarding the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel in the area. Several are already trailing the boat, and as you scan the water you can see many more blue blobs of all sizes lurking just beneath the surface. Glancing at Abe you can see the concern in his features while he also scans the water, and even though you're not all that familiar with the area you can tell that something serious is happening here to have attracted so many of the toxic water types. While Abe steers the boat, Jet and Gulliver are introducing themselves, apparently already forming a friendship as they chat away in Pokélanguage. With clear blue skies overhead, and the water filled with poisonous jellyfish just waiting for a chance to attack, the day has a hint of both adventure and danger, but when Abe draws your attention to a speck on the horizon you have an instant gut feeling that things are going to change for the worse very quickly. Turning the boat in the direction of the spot on the horizon, Abe speeds it up a little and half an hour later you find yourselves pulling up alongside a damaged tanker which is sitting silently upon the vast ocean. Abe circles the freighter to find a large hole in the hull where a toxic sludge-like substance is leaking slowly into the sea, and from the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel feeding off of the black goop, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this is what has attracted them to the area. Unfortunately whatever it is they're feasting on is also causing them to become quite aggressive, and before you have a chance to really examine anything properly, you feel several hard impacts upon your boats hull. It appears these gelatinous blobs aren't at all pleased with your presence here...

Lucario Master Chris
13th March 2008, 9:20 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: You've definitely improved since cutting out the speech, I've just been waiting to see how long it will take for you to start taking all of the update into account when replying rather than making the common mistake of picking up your reply from where the update leaves off. At the moment even though you're meeting the minimum four line requirement you don't seem to be making any attempt at all to expand upon what you've already written.

Abe smiles and nods, pleased that you've taken him up on his offer. "I'm happy to have you on board," he replies before turning around and turning the boats engine back on. A few minutes later you're sailing the waters of the Ocean of Mystery, and can see what Abe meant regarding the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel in the area. Several are already trailing the boat, and as you scan the water you can see many more blue blobs of all sizes lurking just beneath the surface. Glancing at Abe you can see the concern in his features while he also scans the water, and even though you're not all that familiar with the area you can tell that something serious is happening here to have attracted so many of the toxic water types. While Abe steers the boat, Jet and Gulliver are introducing themselves, apparently already forming a friendship as they chat away in Pokélanguage. With clear blue skies overhead, and the water filled with poisonous jellyfish just waiting for a chance to attack, the day has a hint of both adventure and danger, but when Abe draws your attention to a speck on the horizon you have an instant gut feeling that things are going to change for the worse very quickly. Turning the boat in the direction of the spot on the horizon, Abe speeds it up a little and half an hour later you find yourselves pulling up alongside a damaged tanker which is sitting silently upon the vast ocean. Abe circles the freighter to find a large hole in the hull where a toxic sludge-like substance is leaking slowly into the sea, and from the amount of Tentacool and Tentacruel feeding off of the black goop, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that this is what has attracted them to the area. Unfortunately whatever it is they're feasting on is also causing them to become quite aggressive, and before you have a chance to really examine anything properly, you feel several hard impacts upon your boats hull. It appears these gelatinous blobs aren't at all pleased with your presence here...

Chris stumbles to regain his footing as the Tentacool and Tentacruel pound the side of the ship, then, turning his attention to the freighter says "That ship must've been an oil tanker or something." Then, looking into the gaping hole, Chris says "We have to find a way to seal up the hole and stop that ooze, if we don't even more Tentacool and Tentacruel could show up!" Chris looks over the side of the boat at the numerous blue blobs floating next to it and calls out to his pokemon. "Jet! See if you can't talk them into calming down!" Chris then walks up to Abe and asks "Do you think you can get close enough to the boat to let me jump on? There might be some way to stop the sludge on board. Also, does Gulliver know Ice Beam? If so, I think I have a plan."

enchantress
15th March 2008, 11:45 AM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: Though your immediate priority is keeping your balance as the Tentacool and Tentacruel batter the side of the small boat, you're vaguely aware of Abe cursing under his breath while trying to manoeuver the vessel in such a way as to avoid taking too much damage. Calling for Jet's help to aide in calming the surprisingly aggressive water types, you turn your attention to the tanker which is the source of the problem. Whatever it is that's leaking from the gaping hull is causing these usually placid creatures to turn into raging monsters, and considering they're outnumbering you by at least twenty to one then you know you're going to have to act quickly. Figuring that your first priority is to seal the hull and worry about cleaning up the mess later, you call out for Abe to try and get you as close to the tanker as possible so that you're able to hop on board. Abe nods, though his features are strained as he knows that getting too close is a danger in itself considering the size of the tanker. He has little choice though, for the idea of fighting off the sheer number of angry jellyfish in the water is no more appealing than the thought of being crushed by the huge vessel. While he's steering the boat closer Gulliver squawks loudly, nodding his head and flapping his wings in response to your question about whether or not he knows how to use Ice Beam. Jet isn't faring too well with his negotiations however considering the fact that a barrage of Poison Sting needles from four different Tentacruel are sent flying his way after he attempts to reason with the jellyfish. Unfortunately in his haste to retreat from the incoming attack he trips over and slips on the boat deck just as it lists to the side, sending him sliding straight under the guardrail and toward the Tentacruel infested water...


You've improved enough to warrant your release from my clutches here in the Arcane Realm but just keep in mind that while not everyone has a problem with talking Pokémon, having your team members speak can quite often have a negative effect upon your reply. To be perfectly honest I was a little concerned at the beginning, but you've proven that you can improve so it's only a matter of combined time and effort that will help you to improve further. I'm always available to ask for advice so if you feel you need it, so don't hesitate to contact me via PM about anything even if it's unrelated to zones. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Enjoy ^-^

enchantress
18th March 2008, 12:15 PM
Lucario Master Chris: You may have been released, but until you've replied you're still considered "active" in the Arcane Realm so the seven day stipulation for replies is still in effect.

PikaGod / Food Guy: It's been more than two weeks since I've heard anything at all from you via PM. You now have 24 hours to reply before your registration is revoked.

Lucario Master Chris
19th March 2008, 5:40 PM
The Ocean of Mystery - Please reply in deepskyblue

Lucario Master Chris: Though your immediate priority is keeping your balance as the Tentacool and Tentacruel batter the side of the small boat, you're vaguely aware of Abe cursing under his breath while trying to manoeuver the vessel in such a way as to avoid taking too much damage. Calling for Jet's help to aide in calming the surprisingly aggressive water types, you turn your attention to the tanker which is the source of the problem. Whatever it is that's leaking from the gaping hull is causing these usually placid creatures to turn into raging monsters, and considering they're outnumbering you by at least twenty to one then you know you're going to have to act quickly. Figuring that your first priority is to seal the hull and worry about cleaning up the mess later, you call out for Abe to try and get you as close to the tanker as possible so that you're able to hop on board. Abe nods, though his features are strained as he knows that getting too close is a danger in itself considering the size of the tanker. He has little choice though, for the idea of fighting off the sheer number of angry jellyfish in the water is no more appealing than the thought of being crushed by the huge vessel. While he's steering the boat closer Gulliver squawks loudly, nodding his head and flapping his wings in response to your question about whether or not he knows how to use Ice Beam. Jet isn't faring too well with his negotiations however considering the fact that a barrage of Poison Sting needles from four different Tentacruel are sent flying his way after he attempts to reason with the jellyfish. Unfortunately in his haste to retreat from the incoming attack he trips over and slips on the boat deck just as it lists to the side, sending him sliding straight under the guardrail and toward the Tentacruel infested water...


You've improved enough to warrant your release from my clutches here in the Arcane Realm but just keep in mind that while not everyone has a problem with talking Pokémon, having your team members speak can quite often have a negative effect upon your reply. To be perfectly honest I was a little concerned at the beginning, but you've proven that you can improve so it's only a matter of combined time and effort that will help you to improve further. I'm always available to ask for advice so if you feel you need it, so don't hesitate to contact me via PM about anything even if it's unrelated to zones. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Enjoy ^-^

Thank you so much for all your help enchantress! this was my first time doing any real RPing so I wasn't sure just what to do but I'm glad that I've improved. Thanks for your tip about my talking Pokemon. Well here is my final reply;

"Jet!" Chris calls out as his partner begins to fall in the dangerous waters below "Use Water Gun at a downwards angle to give yourself a little lift and once you close to the boat use Quick Attack to get back on board!" Then, watching as the Tentacool and Tentacruel pound the hull of the ship, Chris laughs to himself and says to Abe "Something tells me jumping onto the other boat isn't a good idea." As he stares at the huge hole that started this whole ordeal Chris yells out to Gulliver "Do you think that you can use Ice Beam from this distance to seal up the hole and freeze to sludge? Also do you think you can use Mist to give us some cover?"

enchantress
22nd March 2008, 5:03 PM
PikaGod: You've had more than adequate time to at least spend two minutes sending a PM. If you wish to reapply for FB you can do so when registration opens again at a later date.

Angelic Pika, Tyranidos, and j_hunter, I'm picking you up. You're welcome to ignore these updates if you'd prefer to wait for John, but we need to move you through here and I haven't heard back from him in a while. The choice is yours.


Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Now that your position has been blown, you know you have no choice but to battle the spectral soldier whether you like it or not as you sincerely doubt it's going to let you off with a stern warning. Naturally concerned by the dangers involved with using Helen's limited moveset in this environment, you're sure to warn her to err on the side of caution during the battle. Eying her surroundings, Helen nods before turning her attention to Duskull and Leering it down. Though the Ghost Pokémon is well and truly transfixed by Helen's gaze leaving it unable to move, that doesn't stop it from summoning its internal energies which require no physical movement. Duskull's empty eyes begin to swirl with a mystical, crackling energy before twin black bolts of energy shoot across the clearing and strike Helen in the chest. Helen yelps, more with surprise than pain, quickly realising that an all out offensive attack may very well be her best bet. Unfortunately that means using a move that can prove frightfully dangerous in these surroundings, but given the fact Roy has no Pokémon and that she herself has no other moves at her disposal then she is left with zero other options. Homing in on Duskull, Helen unleashes a barrage of tiny flames, doing her very best to concentrate the small Embers into a stream of fire rather than the usual flurry of flames. She is relatively successful though some of the embers do stray from their target, and while Duskull is hit with the fire attack Roy is running around madly stomping on stray flames before they can ignite the forest floor. "That was great!" he yells excitedly. "Keep it up and we'll be face to face with the Ghost King in no time!"


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Though Chu isn't really much in the mood for a battle, she's willing to do anything for her trainer even if that means fighting a Pokémon who obviously has quite a bit more experience. Eying Meditite warily while it sits silently Meditating, Chu knows she needs to do something to break it out of its trance before it gains enough of a stat boost to wipe the floor with her. Moving quickly, she dashes right up to the small fighter, leaping into the air and spinning around at the last minute to give it a good Tail Whipping right across the face. Meditite just sits there silently, ignorning Chu's first attack before opening its eyes and staring her straight in the face. It smirks, it's fist glowing while laying still in its lap. Quite obviously feeling it has the situation under control, Meditite leaps onto its feet and with lightning fast reflexes jabs forward and Bullet Punches Chu square in the nose. Chu squeals, the sharp pain causing her to lose focus for a moment before she stares straight back into Meditite's arrogant gaze. She finds the crooked smile on its face to be rather insulting, and eager to teach it a lesson, Chu's cheeks spark with emotion before she unleashes a Thundershock, the bolt of electricity slamming into Meditite's chest at practically point-blank range.

Tod seems pleased with the round despite the fact Meditite has taken a couple of hits, but his overconfidence is becoming a little grating. You can't help but wonder just how much experience he does have behind him, or if he's just a beginner like you who is only talking big in order to intimidate his prospective opponents. Whatever the case, he appears to have a decent strategy in play, so only time will tell if he's as good as he'd like you to believe. "Take the hit Meditite, and Bide" Tod instructs his Pokémon. "There's nothing it can do to you that you can't send back double!"


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Tyranidos: Luckily Pyro isn't too tired to be bothered with indulging in a quick snack, and you watch while he catches the Love Berry in his mouth and devours it in one smooth motion. Pyro's sudden level gain has the added effect of allowing him to use a new move which he fully intends to put to the test. Stacey's eyes grow wide while watching this exchange, apparently impressed with your quick thinking. "Oooh! That will certainly help matters, but it won't stop Pyro from falling asleep so you'd better move fast!"

Silently agreeing with her, you call your instructions out to Pyro who is quick to respond. Lifting his good arm, you watch Pyro's claws glint in the sunlight before he dashes forward and starts swatting Hippopotas madly with several successive Scratches to the face before landing one final hard one right across the side of its head. You can't help but pity the poor thing, for even though you want to win this battle, it's not like Hippopotas was hurting anyone and actually deserves to be slaughtered. Barely able to stand now Hippopotas turns away from Pyro and in a desperate protective measure begins scratching at the ground, kicking up dirt and sand with its Sand Attack which is flung straight into Pyro's eyes. Barely able to see now, Pyro calls upon his newly learned attack and spits out a flurry Embers in the general direction in which he thinks Hippopotas is standing. Though the damage is light, when taking the current state of Hippopotas into account the tiny flames are the final straw for the little ground type who drops to the ground, completely exhausted and unable to battle. Level up for Pyro. Preparing to congratulate Pyro on a battle well fought, you realise there's no point as you watch him release a loud, tired yawn before curling up on the ground next to his fallen foe and dropping off to sleep.

"That was great!" Stacey exclaims. "Now that's taken care of, come with me. We have work to do!"

Tyranidos
22nd March 2008, 5:44 PM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Tyranidos: Luckily Pyro isn't too tired to be bothered with indulging in a quick snack, and you watch while he catches the Love Berry in his mouth and devours it in one smooth motion. Pyro's sudden level gain has the added effect of allowing him to use a new move which he fully intends to put to the test. Stacey's eyes grow wide while watching this exchange, apparently impressed with your quick thinking. "Oooh! That will certainly help matters, but it won't stop Pyro from falling asleep so you'd better move fast!"

Silently agreeing with her, you call your instructions out to Pyro who is quick to respond. Lifting his good arm, you watch Pyro's claws glint in the sunlight before he dashes forward and starts swatting Hippopotas madly with several successive Scratches to the face before landing one final hard one right across the side of its head. You can't help but pity the poor thing, for even though you want to win this battle, it's not like Hippopotas was hurting anyone and actually deserves to be slaughtered. Barely able to stand now Hippopotas turns away from Pyro and in a desperate protective measure begins scratching at the ground, kicking up dirt and sand with its Sand Attack which is flung straight into Pyro's eyes. Barely able to see now, Pyro calls upon his newly learned attack and spits out a flurry Embers in the general direction in which he thinks Hippopotas is standing. Though the damage is light, when taking the current state of Hippopotas into account the tiny flames are the final straw for the little ground type who drops to the ground, completely exhausted and unable to battle. Level up for Pyro. Preparing to congratulate Pyro on a battle well fought, you realise there's no point as you watch him release a loud, tired yawn before curling up on the ground next to his fallen foe and dropping off to sleep.

"That was great!" Stacey exclaims. "Now that's taken care of, come with me. We have work to do!"

Thanks so much enchantress! <3

As Tyrant watches Pyro eat the Love Berry, he sees that Pyro is feeling a bit stronger. And he also knows that Pyro is strong enough to use Ember. As Tyrant orders the moves, he watches in amazement as Pyro scratches the Hippo with amazing strength and finally lets out a burst of flame from his mouth, which does enough damage to knock the Hippo into unconciousness. After that, the Yawn attack that the Hippopotas used earlier kicked in and Pyro curled up beside the wild Pokemon and fell asleep. "That was great!" Stacey exclaims. "Now that's taken care of, come with me. We have work to do!"

"Woohoo!" Tyrant yells out. He picks up Pyro and quietly tells his friend "You did a great job, our first battle has been a victory!" As Stacey ushers him to come with her, he stops and says "Wait, there is something I would like to do first." He takes out a Level Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7447079&postcount=8) and throws it at the Hippopotas, hoping for all the world that it works. He stands, holding Pyro, as the Ball is flying towards the wild Pokemon...

enchantress
23rd March 2008, 4:58 PM
Angelic Pika and j_hunter, from what I've seen you're both replying quite well so you're free to pick up your Easter pressies (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=308749). Enjoy ^-^


Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Tyranidos: Though Pyro's snoring away softly in your arms you still congratulate him on his win as he deserves it after all he's been through. With Stacy ushering you off toward one of the excavation sites, you excuse yourself for a moment as there's something you wish to attend to first. Reaching into your pocket you pull out the Level Ball you'd received when setting out upon your Pokémon journey, and without skipping a beat, toss it at Hippopotas. The capture beam shoots out, drawing the pudgy little ground type inside, and a moment later you find yourself the owner of the level four male Hippopotas.

"Congratulations on your capture," Stacey says, smiling. "If you don't mind, we really need to hurry. We've found something of great interest in an underground cavern and I think Pyro may be able to help us." Retrieving the Level Ball containing your brand new teammate, you obediently follow the young woman to one of the excavations sites. You notice there is a stairway leading downward, and after following her down the narrow stairwell you find yourself walking along a long, dark corridor. You can feel a chill breeze wafting along the corridor which is strange in itself considering your location, and several minutes later you finally emerge into an enormous underground cavern. This is the last thing you'd expected to find when entering the desert, but it's not so much the cavern that is of interest as the object standing on a large rock in the centre of the cave. Several archaeologists are gathered around it, some talking quietly, a couple engaged in heated discussion, but all excited by the discovery. Moving closer you see it is a large chunk of ice, and frozen inside it is the perfectly preserved form of an ancient Kabutops...


Your capture of Hippopotas has unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Have fun ^-^

Tyranidos
24th March 2008, 2:38 AM
Desert of Illusion - Please reply in darkorange

Tyranidos: Though Pyro's snoring away softly in your arms you still congratulate him on his win as he deserves it after all he's been through. With Stacy ushering you off toward one of the excavation sites, you excuse yourself for a moment as there's something you wish to attend to first. Reaching into your pocket you pull out the Level Ball you'd received when setting out upon your Pokémon journey, and without skipping a beat, toss it at Hippopotas. The capture beam shoots out, drawing the pudgy little ground type inside, and a moment later you find yourself the owner of the level four male Hippopotas.

"Congratulations on your capture," Stacey says, smiling. "If you don't mind, we really need to hurry. We've found something of great interest in an underground cavern and I think Pyro may be able to help us." Retrieving the Level Ball containing your brand new teammate, you obediently follow the young woman to one of the excavations sites. You notice there is a stairway leading downward, and after following her down the narrow stairwell you find yourself walking along a long, dark corridor. You can feel a chill breeze wafting along the corridor which is strange in itself considering your location, and several minutes later you finally emerge into an enormous underground cavern. This is the last thing you'd expected to find when entering the desert, but it's not so much the cavern that is of interest as the object standing on a large rock in the centre of the cave. Several archaeologists are gathered around it, some talking quietly, a couple engaged in heated discussion, but all excited by the discovery. Moving closer you see it is a large chunk of ice, and frozen inside it is the perfectly preserved form of an ancient Kabutops...


Your capture of Hippopotas has unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Have fun ^-^

As the Level Ball closes upon the Hippopotas, Tyrant has only one thought going through his mind. "Please capture." He then closes his eyes, hoping for something good to happen. He hears a little "click" and he immediately feels the goodness inside of him. "Alright!", he exclaims, "Our first capture! We did it, Pyr-..ooh, sorry, I forgot you were sleeping." He gently keeps Pyro warm in his arms and quietly walks towards the captured Pokemon. He picks it up, puts it in his belt, and goes to Stacey. "Congratulations on your capture," Stacey says, smiling. "If you don't mind, we really need to hurry. We've found something of great interest in an underground cavern and I think Pyro may be able to help us." He follows Stacey through the caverns, which eventually opens up to an enormous one. "Wow. This place is huge!" Tyrant says. He listens to the echos of his voice as he sees, in a chunk of ice, a perfectly preserved Kabutops.

"That is really something, isn't it?" he asks, not really looking for an answer. He goes up to the perfectly preserved Kabutops. "It's a shame Pyro is asleep", he quietly says, "Because then he would be able to melt the ice. Well, I've got to say, our life adventure has started on a high note and I know we can go to larger heights, we still have the world to see! I really don't care if I didn't get to see the lost villages, this whole time has been great and Pyro probably loved it as much as I did." And with that, he follows Stacey out of the caverns and hops on a ship to another adventure...

OOC: Thanks a lot, enchantress, for wrapping this up for me quite nicely. And if John is reading this, he is an excellent updater as well.

Angelic Pika
25th March 2008, 10:15 AM
Angelic Pika, Tyranidos, and j_hunter, I'm picking you up. You're welcome to ignore these updates if you'd prefer to wait for John, but we need to move you through here and I haven't heard back from him in a while. The choice is yours.
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Though Chu isn't really much in the mood for a battle, she's willing to do anything for her trainer even if that means fighting a Pokémon who obviously has quite a bit more experience. Eying Meditite warily while it sits silently Meditating, Chu knows she needs to do something to break it out of its trance before it gains enough of a stat boost to wipe the floor with her. Moving quickly, she dashes right up to the small fighter, leaping into the air and spinning around at the last minute to give it a good Tail Whipping right across the face. Meditite just sits there silently, ignorning Chu's first attack before opening its eyes and staring her straight in the face. It smirks, it's fist glowing while laying still in its lap. Quite obviously feeling it has the situation under control, Meditite leaps onto its feet and with lightning fast reflexes jabs forward and Bullet Punches Chu square in the nose. Chu squeals, the sharp pain causing her to lose focus for a moment before she stares straight back into Meditite's arrogant gaze. She finds the crooked smile on its face to be rather insulting, and eager to teach it a lesson, Chu's cheeks spark with emotion before she unleashes a Thundershock, the bolt of electricity slamming into Meditite's chest at practically point-blank range.

Tod seems pleased with the round despite the fact Meditite has taken a couple of hits, but his overconfidence is becoming a little grating. You can't help but wonder just how much experience he does have behind him, or if he's just a beginner like you who is only talking big in order to intimidate his prospective opponents. Whatever the case, he appears to have a decent strategy in play, so only time will tell if he's as good as he'd like you to believe. "Take the hit Meditite, and Bide" Tod instructs his Pokémon. "There's nothing it can do to you that you can't send back double!"

OOC: Thanks, I just read that and sadly I didn't catch up. I got a little bit worried when John didn't update though. Maybe he's busy with irl stuff.

As Chu Tail Whipped the Meditite, Rizza giggled. It was such a funny sight. She had hoped that she brought her camera for that priceless moment. The Thundershock seemed to hurt the Meditite a little harder than expected. She smirked. But as Rizza heard Todd's words, that smirk faded. Bide is one of the most manipulative attacks she knows. "I'll stop the Thundershocks for the mean time. It might regret it if I used them.", she thought. Then she planned her next move.

"Chu, I think you should use Tail Whip again and Growl as loud as you can to steer away its concentration from Bide." Chu nodded, looking a bit tired but nevertheless determined to beat that Medite, did as told. Rizza stared at Todd in the eyes and thought, "I hope I can beat him. Maybe he'd date me. He is kinda cute." Rizza giggled at that thought, of course Todd won't date someone like me, I'm just a beginner and he's kind of experienced. Chu looked at its beloved trainer in the eye as if saying, "We can do this" and smirked at the Meditite.

j_hunter
25th March 2008, 10:15 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Now that your position has been blown, you know you have no choice but to battle the spectral soldier whether you like it or not as you sincerely doubt it's going to let you off with a stern warning. Naturally concerned by the dangers involved with using Helen's limited moveset in this environment, you're sure to warn her to err on the side of caution during the battle. Eying her surroundings, Helen nods before turning her attention to Duskull and Leering it down. Though the Ghost Pokémon is well and truly transfixed by Helen's gaze leaving it unable to move, that doesn't stop it from summoning its internal energies which require no physical movement. Duskull's empty eyes begin to swirl with a mystical, crackling energy before twin black bolts of energy shoot across the clearing and strike Helen in the chest. Helen yelps, more with surprise than pain, quickly realising that an all out offensive attack may very well be her best bet. Unfortunately that means using a move that can prove frightfully dangerous in these surroundings, but given the fact Roy has no Pokémon and that she herself has no other moves at her disposal then she is left with zero other options. Homing in on Duskull, Helen unleashes a barrage of tiny flames, doing her very best to concentrate the small Embers into a stream of fire rather than the usual flurry of flames. She is relatively successful though some of the embers do stray from their target, and while Duskull is hit with the fire attack Roy is running around madly stomping on stray flames before they can ignite the forest floor. "That was great!" he yells excitedly. "Keep it up and we'll be face to face with the Ghost King in no time!"

OOC: Thank you, I'll certainly take you up on that generous offer. By the way, could I ask which tense I should be writing this in? I've been replying in the past, but all of my updates have been in the present. Does it matter which tense I use?

J. watched anxiously as Helen stared down the ghostly apparition. There were so many nasty things a Duskull could do to her...

The creature sent double shocks of dark energy at Helen, and J. flinched as they struck her. Luckily she didn't seem to be hurt at all, more astonished than anything. Gathering herself up, J. could see her weighing her options and deciding on offense. He made motions for Roy to shield his eyes, and watched Helen inhale for a moment before doing the same. A weak wave of heat passed over J. He opened his eyes and looked at the scene: Roy was dancing through the clearing putting out potential spot fires and raving happily about the attack's success. Helen looked to J. for her next move.

"Nicely handled, Helen, but this thing might take a bit more of a beating. You're faster than it, so try to run around and get some height. If you can, use low-lying branches to get higher than it. When you've got a clear shot, fire another Ember at it. Try to aim for the eyes. Got all that?"

enchantress
26th March 2008, 12:03 PM
Apologies in advance for the quality of these. Tiredness, rushing, and a Casino awaiting updating are not a good mix... :/


Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Your replies are fine as they are, so there's no need to change anything at all.

Spurred on by her success so far Helen zips into action while Roy watches on from the sidelines, jumping up and down excitedly while the battle continues. Helen makes a flying leap for one of the lowest tree branches, narrowly evading a Night Shade which strikes the tree behind her and almost knocking her off balance. This game of cat and mouse continues for half a minute or so, Helen looking for just the right angle from which to launch her attack, and Duskull trying to knock her out of the trees each time it looks like it's about to come under fire. Eventually though, Helen sees her opening and leaps for a branch directly above Duskull. Looking straight down, she shoots out a concentrated stream of Embers which completely engulf her spectral foe and doing a higher than usual amount of damage due to intensity of the flames. To add insult to injury Duskull sustains a burn from the attack which only serves to infuriate the ghost type who lets loose with another Night Shade, knocking Helen out of the tree. Helen lands with a thud, slightly winded from the fall, before regaining her feet and facing off against Duskull whose eyes begin to glow as it traps Helen in its deathly Leer...


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Yeah, you're probably right. He's usually quite reliable so I'm sure there's a good reason. Anyway, on with the update!

Knowing that Meditite's use of Bide could very well be your undoing you go for the strategic course of action, deciding not to give it the kind of energy it requires to hurl a large attack back at you. Chu listens to your instructions, nodding her understanding before returning her attention to her opponent. Meditite is sitting quietly, its eyes locked on Chu while a smug smile plays at the corners of its mouth. Chu isn't quite sure what to make of this and moseys on up to the little fighter as there doesn't seem any real point in rushing her attack, striking Meditite with Tail Whip. Meditite stares back at her, its smile becoming larger while she Growls at it. Meditite continues to Bide while Chu is becoming more and more annoyed, but before this battle has a chance to go any further a huge explosion from somewhere nearby causes chaos amongst the crowd.

Confused, you look around searching for the source of the explosion only to find fire and smoke coming from the Pokémon Centre down the street. While you're watching, two people in vaguely familiar clothing come running out of the Pokémon carrying sacks over their shoulders. The large red "R" on their white shirts identifies the two as Team Rocket members accompanied by a Meowth and Rattata, and considering the rumours of trouble that tend to follow them then you're fairly certain that they're up to no good. Tod is enraged, and begins running toward the Pokémon Centre to help the nurse who has run into the street screaming, "Help! Please stop them! They're stealing the Pokémon!"

"Come Meditite!" Tod yells, calling for his teammate. Looking back at you, he says, "Sorry to run off like this, but she needs our help. Let's join forces and fight them together!"

Angelic Pika
26th March 2008, 1:50 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Yeah, you're probably right. He's usually quite reliable so I'm sure there's a good reason. Anyway, on with the update!

Knowing that Meditite's use of Bide could very well be your undoing you go for the strategic course of action, deciding not to give it the kind of energy it requires to hurl a large attack back at you. Chu listens to your instructions, nodding her understanding before returning her attention to her opponent. Meditite is sitting quietly, its eyes locked on Chu while a smug smile plays at the corners of its mouth. Chu isn't quite sure what to make of this and moseys on up to the little fighter as there doesn't seem any real point in rushing her attack, striking Meditite with Tail Whip. Meditite stares back at her, its smile becoming larger while she Growls at it. Meditite continues to Bide while Chu is becoming more and more annoyed, but before this battle has a chance to go any further a huge explosion from somewhere nearby causes chaos amongst the crowd.

Confused, you look around searching for the source of the explosion only to find fire and smoke coming from the Pokémon Centre down the street. While you're watching, two people in vaguely familiar clothing come running out of the Pokémon carrying sacks over their shoulders. The large red "R" on their white shirts identifies the two as Team Rocket members accompanied by a Meowth and Rattata, and considering the rumours of trouble that tend to follow them then you're fairly certain that they're up to no good. Tod is enraged, and begins running toward the Pokémon Centre to help the nurse who has run into the street screaming, "Help! Please stop them! They're stealing the Pokémon!"

"Come Meditite!" Tod yells, calling for his teammate. Looking back at you, he says, "Sorry to run off like this, but she needs our help. Let's join forces and fight them together!"

The battle went on smoothly, Rizza had nothing to fear. "With all these low attacks, he can't even return double the amount..", thought Rizza. She smirked with ease and took a glance at Todd. It seemed like he wasn't focusing on the battle, "Wonder what he's thinking..", she thought. As the battle went on, a sudden explosion had occurred. At first she thought it was just the Meditite's attack, but an attack can't be as powerful as that, especially when it almost doesn't have anything to return double the amount at the moment. The crowd went into chaos afterwards.

Rizza looked around the battle field, away from the pokemon and searching for the source of the insanity. Fire and smoke were seen coming from the PokeCenter nearby. She gasps, as she sees the two Team Rocket members carrying sacks over their shoulders.

She nods at Tod who was calling her attention and his teammate, "Yeah, I'll be there A.S.A.P." Rizza called Chu who was a bit confused on what was happening. She noticed that Chu looked a bit weak for her to handle Team Rocket, so she threw her a Love Berry (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7557457&postcount=24). "Eat it Chu, you'll need it.", said Rizza. Chu hesistated a little, but soon ate the Berry which had a semi-sweet taste. She gained 2 levels after eating the said berry and felt stronger. "Feel good, Chu?", Rizza asked with a smile and Chu nodded. "Well then, let's go!" and Rizza and Chu sped off to follow Tod to the burning PokeCenter.

j_hunter
27th March 2008, 2:52 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Your replies are fine as they are, so there's no need to change anything at all.

Spurred on by her success so far Helen zips into action while Roy watches on from the sidelines, jumping up and down excitedly while the battle continues. Helen makes a flying leap for one of the lowest tree branches, narrowly evading a Night Shade which strikes the tree behind her and almost knocking her off balance. This game of cat and mouse continues for half a minute or so, Helen looking for just the right angle from which to launch her attack, and Duskull trying to knock her out of the trees each time it looks like it's about to come under fire. Eventually though, Helen sees her opening and leaps for a branch directly above Duskull. Looking straight down, she shoots out a concentrated stream of Embers which completely engulf her spectral foe and doing a higher than usual amount of damage due to intensity of the flames. To add insult to injury Duskull sustains a burn from the attack which only serves to infuriate the ghost type who lets loose with another Night Shade, knocking Helen out of the tree. Helen lands with a thud, slightly winded from the fall, before regaining her feet and facing off against Duskull whose eyes begin to glow as it traps Helen in its deathly Leer...

Trying to predict the ghost's movements, J.'s eyes followed Helen as though he was watching the last five minutes of a football grand final. He gasped as she was almost hit by a light-absorbing shot of ghostly energy, and breathed a sigh of relief when the Houndour finally leapt above the Duskull and launched a barrage of flames at it, burning it. Despite the creature's weakness from its injuries, J. could see that it hadn't given up yet.

Helen had fallen from her branch and was picking herself up when the Duskull loomed over her, its eyes glowing like coals in their dark sockets. Helen stood, transfixed, unable to look away from the crimson lights.

J. saw that this could be messy if the Duskull was any good at multi-tasking, and knew that he had to intervene with some tricky tactics. He was struck with an idea.

"Multi-tasking! That's it! Helen, I've seen you eat and growl at the same time before, so I'm sure you're capable of this. Match that Duskull's Leer with one of your own, and Howl at the same time. If it falters even for a second, blast it with the strongest Ember you've got in you and try to take it down!"

enchantress
28th March 2008, 11:42 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Helen is helplessly imprisoned by Duskull's stare but she's far from done with the ghost type who is already faltering due to the pain from its burn. Leering straight back at her spectral foe, Helen waits for just the right moment before opening her mouth wide and Howling for all she's worth. The sound causes the forest natives to scatter and while the movement in the trees demonstrates that she's scared the life out of the wild Pokémon residing in the area who are now fleeing as fast as they can, Duskull is far from impressed. Completely unaware of the fact that Helen is feeling a surge of both energy and confidence, Duskull lets loose with another Night Shade which zips across the clearing and smacks into Helen's shoulder. Duskull doesn't seem to be faring too well though, as its repeated attacks are draining its energy while the burn continues to sap away at its health. It's looking weaker than before and when it hesitates for a moment upon feeling the burning sensation strengthen a little, Helen makes her move spitting out a barrage of Embers that rain down upon Duskull. Roy races around stomping on the flames, putting out the small fires that could very well light up the forest if they're not tended to quickly, screaming his encouragement as Duskull becomes weaker by the minute...


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: While it would have been nice to complete your match, you know there is a more immediate concern and instead focus upon helping the nurse and dealing with Team Rocket. Townspeople are already working together to put out the flames engulfing the Pokémon Centre, and others are thinking along the same lines as you and Tod and are facing Team Rocket in order to put a stop to their plans. Unfortunately it seems that Meowth and Rattata aren't the only two Pokémon this duo have at their disposal, and while several towsfolk are preparing to tackle the fleeing thieves, a Koffing, Muk, Arbok, and Weezing are all released into their path. Surprised at the scale of the impending battle, you hesitate only long enough to feed Chu a Love Berry you've been carrying around while waiting for just the right time to use it. It appears now is that time, and after watching Chu devour the sweet you both race off after Tod and Meditite to find yourself face to face with Meowth and Rattata. While battles rage all around you know you have no chance of defeating any of the evolved Team Rocket Pokémon, and watch while Meditite launches into action. The little fighting Pokémon races straight up to Meowth, and without a seconds hesitation Body Slams the thieving kitty sending flying backward and straight into Rattata. Not knowing what hit them, the two confused Pokémon quickly regain their feet and look around for the offending culprit. Spying both Chu and Meditite they both hiss their disapproval before leaping into counter-attack mode. Meowth runs toward Meditite with its claws extended, while Rattata moves in fast to strike Chu with Quick Attack...

j_hunter
29th March 2008, 4:22 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Helen is helplessly imprisoned by Duskull's stare but she's far from done with the ghost type who is already faltering due to the pain from its burn. Leering straight back at her spectral foe, Helen waits for just the right moment before opening her mouth wide and Howling for all she's worth. The sound causes the forest natives to scatter and while the movement in the trees demonstrates that she's scared the life out of the wild Pokémon residing in the area who are now fleeing as fast as they can, Duskull is far from impressed. Completely unaware of the fact that Helen is feeling a surge of both energy and confidence, Duskull lets loose with another Night Shade which zips across the clearing and smacks into Helen's shoulder. Duskull doesn't seem to be faring too well though, as its repeated attacks are draining its energy while the burn continues to sap away at its health. It's looking weaker than before and when it hesitates for a moment upon feeling the burning sensation strengthen a little, Helen makes her move spitting out a barrage of Embers that rain down upon Duskull. Roy races around stomping on the flames, putting out the small fires that could very well light up the forest if they're not tended to quickly, screaming his encouragement as Duskull becomes weaker by the minute...

J. was torn between watching the supernatural spectacle unfolding before him in the clearing and staring at Roy's entertaining antics. The boy had been running around madly, stomping up and down and screaming like a failed cheerleader. Deciding that the battle was of far more importance, J. made a mental note to compliment Roy later on his barracking ability before turning to the matters at hand.

Helen seemed to be performing well. She had managed to escape the Duskull's glare with one of her own, and fired herself up with an enormous howl. She leapt forward and took the oncoming Night Shade with little appreciation of pain, and as the Duskull faltered she let loose a cluster of flames that hammered the already weakened ghost. The Duskull was not in a good way: its injuries were making it more susceptible to attack, and J. sensed that the newly-boosted Helen may be able to finish it off in the next few minutes.

Especially with such vigorous encouragement from the other boy. While Roy paused for breath, J. seized his chance at shouting to the Houndour:

"Great, Helen! It's not well now, so try to hurt it as much as possible! It's still hovering, so see if you can get underneath it and blast it with Ember from below! When it attacks, leap over any energy it sends your way. Also, you can try burning the canopy above it with Ember to try and let in some sunlight. That should really get it!"

enchantress
29th March 2008, 4:56 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Considering your journey requires the use of some stealth, namely avoiding catching the attention of more sentinels, you can't help but be amused by Roy's antics. It appears he's completely forgotten the secrecy of his own mission as the battle comes closer to reaching its conclusion, but his excitement seems infectious somehow so you're not too concerned with his behaviour. Adrenaline is pumping all around and as soon as Roy settles down enough for you to relay your next set of instructions to Helen, the Houndour moves into action without a moments hesitation. Streaking across the clearing, she dives for the ground, rolling onto her back as she passes underneath Duskull, and spitting a flurry of Embers straight up into the air as she continues to roll. The tiny flames shoot upward and outward, engulfing Duskull from below before dropping back to the ground and giving Roy a few more spotfires to stomp out. Duskull is wearing down fast, the repeated fire attacks combined with its burn taking a huge toll on its health. Shooting another set of black lightning bolts from its eyes, Duskull's Night Shade hits Helen's front right leg just as she's coming out of her roll to regain her feet. She releases a pained yelp, her leg giving out just as she regains her feet which causes her to stumble. Duskull sees its chance to get the better of Helen, using this opportunity to blast her with a second Night Shade before she can fully recover. She takes a hit in the side, and unable to leap over Duskull's attacks as she is finding it difficult to put her full body weight onto her injured leg, does the only thing she knows she can pull off successfully at this time. Looking at the canopy of forest leaves above, Helen takes a deep breath before exhaling as strongly as possible and unleashing a multitude of Embers into the trees. Roy suddenly stops cheering and stands stock still, his eyes wide with shock and his mouth hanging open as the trees begin to burn. "What are you DOING?!" he finally yells hysterically upon witnessing the flames spreading. "You're going to kill us all!" Looking at Helen who returns your gaze with an accusatory, "You told me to do it!" expression, you have no doubt in your mind that Roy is absolutely correct. On the bright side Duskull looks like it's about to pass out which is at least some consolation considering the forest is about to go up in flames. Oh dear...

j_hunter
30th March 2008, 3:02 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Considering your journey requires the use of some stealth, namely avoiding catching the attention of more sentinels, you can't help but be amused by Roy's antics. It appears he's completely forgotten the secrecy of his own mission as the battle comes closer to reaching its conclusion, but his excitement seems infectious somehow so you're not too concerned with his behaviour. Adrenaline is pumping all around and as soon as Roy settles down enough for you to relay your next set of instructions to Helen, the Houndour moves into action without a moments hesitation. Streaking across the clearing, she dives for the ground, rolling onto her back as she passes underneath Duskull, and spitting a flurry of Embers straight up into the air as she continues to roll. The tiny flames shoot upward and outward, engulfing Duskull from below before dropping back to the ground and giving Roy a few more spotfires to stomp out. Duskull is wearing down fast, the repeated fire attacks combined with its burn taking a huge toll on its health. Shooting another set of black lightning bolts from its eyes, Duskull's Night Shade hits Helen's front right leg just as she's coming out of her roll to regain her feet. She releases a pained yelp, her leg giving out just as she regains her feet which causes her to stumble. Duskull sees its chance to get the better of Helen, using this opportunity to blast her with a second Night Shade before she can fully recover. She takes a hit in the side, and unable to leap over Duskull's attacks as she is finding it difficult to put her full body weight onto her injured leg, does the only thing she knows she can pull off successfully at this time. Looking at the canopy of forest leaves above, Helen takes a deep breath before exhaling as strongly as possible and unleashing a multitude of Embers into the trees. Roy suddenly stops cheering and stands stock still, his eyes wide with shock and his mouth hanging open as the trees begin to burn. "What are you DOING?!" he finally yells hysterically upon witnessing the flames spreading. "You're going to kill us all!" Looking at Helen who returns your gaze with an accusatory, "You told me to do it!" expression, you have no doubt in your mind that Roy is absolutely correct. On the bright side Duskull looks like it's about to pass out which is at least some consolation considering the forest is about to go up in flames. Oh dear...

"Oops" appeared to be the operative word as J. looked in awe at this horrible turn of events. Due to his over-confidence and lack of thought, Helen had been seriously injured in her attack and was now unable to walk without pain. Not only that, but his directions had endangered all of their lives and threatened a fiery demise.

J. stood in shock for a moment, unable to move. Roy was screaming; the fire was spreading. Helen turned to stare: her expression was blaming. J. barely noticed the Duskull feebly struggling to keep itself afloat. The heat beat down mercilessly on his face, as Roy sprinted about in a flurry of panic.

Something seemed to snap J. out of his reverie. He delved into his bag and ripped out a Level Ball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7466726&postcount=9), trying to find their last chance to get out of this mess. He called some directions to Helen.

"It's all up to you! You're immune to fire; dive into it and hide! Other Ghost King soldiers will undoubtedly come to this, it's like a beacon. We'll still keep the same plan. If sunlight can get into this forest, then we'll be safe. Climb higher into the flaming trees and keep using Ember until you've burnt a hole in the canopies."

Roy was furious, a mad glint in his eyes. "What about us?!" he shrieked. "What are we going to do?"

J. turned to glance at the Duskull.

"We're going to capture this guy. Then we're going to run. This fire shouldn't spread too quickly. It's a green forest, and nothing's really dry in this thick air. We'll try to find a good spot to hide."

It wasn't much of a plan, J. knew, but it was the best he could come up with. He turned to the Duskull and started aiming.

Angelic Pika
1st April 2008, 2:57 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: While it would have been nice to complete your match, you know there is a more immediate concern and instead focus upon helping the nurse and dealing with Team Rocket. Townspeople are already working together to put out the flames engulfing the Pokémon Centre, and others are thinking along the same lines as you and Tod and are facing Team Rocket in order to put a stop to their plans. Unfortunately it seems that Meowth and Rattata aren't the only two Pokémon this duo have at their disposal, and while several towsfolk are preparing to tackle the fleeing thieves, a Koffing, Muk, Arbok, and Weezing are all released into their path. Surprised at the scale of the impending battle, you hesitate only long enough to feed Chu a Love Berry you've been carrying around while waiting for just the right time to use it. It appears now is that time, and after watching Chu devour the sweet you both race off after Tod and Meditite to find yourself face to face with Meowth and Rattata. While battles rage all around you know you have no chance of defeating any of the evolved Team Rocket Pokémon, and watch while Meditite launches into action. The little fighting Pokémon races straight up to Meowth, and without a seconds hesitation Body Slams the thieving kitty sending flying backward and straight into Rattata. Not knowing what hit them, the two confused Pokémon quickly regain their feet and look around for the offending culprit. Spying both Chu and Meditite they both hiss their disapproval before leaping into counter-attack mode. Meowth runs toward Meditite with its claws extended, while Rattata moves in fast to strike Chu with Quick Attack...

Sorry for the slight delay. The forums always act up when I go to this sub-forum.

As Rizza follows Tod, she takes a look at what the people are doing around her. Most are working together, putting out the flames, while the others are acting on what had Team Rocket done and what they should do about it. The townsfolk had followed Team Rocket to battle, but they had countered with four Pokemon. It was up to Rizza and Tod to battle the Meowth and Rattata. "Good thing I gave Chu the Love Berry..", she thought. Chu was on Rizza's shoulder, eyeing the fire, townsfolk and the petty thieves. Rizza and Chu don't have a single chance with the evolved ones, and tried to attack the Meowth or Rattata. Meditite, Tod's pokemon, attacked the Meowth with a Body Slam and it flew backward in turn hitting Rattata. As they got up, they spied on Chu and Meditite, and counter-attacked. Rattata was closing in, ready to give Chu a quick attack but Rizza quickly gave orders, "Chu, dodge it and use Thundershock.." Rizza hoped that Chu heard her on time, or else Chu might be seriously damaged..

enchantress
5th April 2008, 3:21 PM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Just one thing - it's only small so I'm not concerned about it in this instance, but please remember that by controlling the actions, thoughts or speech of an opponent Pokémon or NPC (Roy), you're falling into the self updating category. In this case it's nothing major, but I just wanted to point this out for future reference.

Despite the fact that Roy is in a screaming rage and the forest is burning around you, your sights are set on Duskull who appears to be in a very bad state. Its burn is steadily wearing it down, and combining this with the fact it's extraordinarily tired and you know exactly what you need to do. Ignoring Helen's accusatory stare, you pull your level ball out of your pack while instructing Helen to dive into the flames and make her way up into the trees to burn a hole into the already flaming canopy. She simply sits and stares at you holding up her injured paw in a "And how do you expect me to do that?" manner, while Roy is becoming more angry by the moment. "You're exacerbating the problem!" he yells, losing complete control of his emotions. "Adding fuel to the fire isn't going to HELP! You're going to kill every living creature in the forest!" His rant is falling upon deaf ears at the moment however, because at this point you toss your level ball at Duskull who is pulled inside. Watching while the ball falls to the ground you're barely aware of anything else around you while it wobbles back and forth on the grass as Duskull struggles to escape. Its efforts are in vain for a moment later the ball falls still, its capture light turning green and signaling your successful capture of a Lv.3 male Duskull. It is then that a blast of chill air startles you and you notice that the fire has gone out. Looking at Helen who is staring dumbfounded at a spot right over your shoulder, you turn around look at the place in which Roy had been standing only a moment ago to find yourself face to face with a spectral being whom you can only guess is the Ghost King that Roy had been talking about. Never in your wildest dreams could you have imagined the boy to be anything other than what he had appeared to be, but the reaper like figure before you soon makes you realise you can never take anything for granted. Much like the Grim Reaper in appearance, this wraith is wearing a white robe rather than black, holding a majestic looking scepter in lieu of the trademark scythe carried by its dark twin. You don't feel an evil aura surrounding the Ghost King, but it's most definitely angry. Looks like you have some explaining to do...

With Duskull's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Good luck ^-^


Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Unable to evade Rattata's Quick Attack Chu takes a light hit from the purple Rodent, but is quick to retaliate by shooting out a burst of electricity that strikes its left hind leg. Her Thundershock certainly takes Rattata by surprise, especially considering the fact that at such close range the attack has managed to paralyze Rattata's leg, but that only succeeds in making the little rat quite irate. Flipping up onto its front paws it performs a semi somersault, it's Tail Whipping around to swat Chu directly across the face. Rattata lands awkwardly, stumbling slightly as it comes down onto its numb leg, but it soon regains its feet and bares its teeth threateningly, hissing viciously at Chu. Taken aback, Chu just stares at it for a moment, completely surprised by the animosity coming from it. Looking around, she watches the Pokémon around her engaging in battle with Team Rocket Pokémon, and especially Tod's Meditite who is currently being Bitten rather hard by Meowth. The Team Rocket kitty has its teeth well and truly sunk into Meditite's foot, but a moment later an aura of fire energy appears around Meditite's fist before it whacks Meowth hard with a Fire Punch to its head. Meowth lets go of its hold and while it's dazed Meditite stands stock still and prepares for Meowth's next assault. A faint red aura appears around Meditite while it begins to Bide its time, and when Meowth begins to attack with a flurry of Scratches, Meditite doesn't even flinch. Chu is briefly thankful that she didn't end up fighting Tod for it's obvious his Pokémon is well trained, and taking comfort in the fact that she's not battling alone, turns her attention back to Rattata, ready to follow her next set of instructions...

j_hunter
6th April 2008, 5:18 AM
Forest of Adventure - Please reply in limegreen

j_hunter: Just one thing - it's only small so I'm not concerned about it in this instance, but please remember that by controlling the actions, thoughts or speech of an opponent Pokémon or NPC (Roy), you're falling into the self updating category. In this case it's nothing major, but I just wanted to point this out for future reference.

Despite the fact that Roy is in a screaming rage and the forest is burning around you, your sights are set on Duskull who appears to be in a very bad state. Its burn is steadily wearing it down, and combining this with the fact it's extraordinarily tired and you know exactly what you need to do. Ignoring Helen's accusatory stare, you pull your level ball out of your pack while instructing Helen to dive into the flames and make her way up into the trees to burn a hole into the already flaming canopy. She simply sits and stares at you holding up her injured paw in a "And how do you expect me to do that?" manner, while Roy is becoming more angry by the moment. "You're exacerbating the problem!" he yells, losing complete control of his emotions. "Adding fuel to the fire isn't going to HELP! You're going to kill every living creature in the forest!" His rant is falling upon deaf ears at the moment however, because at this point you toss your level ball at Duskull who is pulled inside. Watching while the ball falls to the ground you're barely aware of anything else around you while it wobbles back and forth on the grass as Duskull struggles to escape. Its efforts are in vain for a moment later the ball falls still, its capture light turning green and signaling your successful capture of a Lv.3 male Duskull. It is then that a blast of chill air startles you and you notice that the fire has gone out. Looking at Helen who is staring dumbfounded at a spot right over your shoulder, you turn around look at the place in which Roy had been standing only a moment ago to find yourself face to face with a spectral being whom you can only guess is the Ghost King that Roy had been talking about. Never in your wildest dreams could you have imagined the boy to be anything other than what he had appeared to be, but the reaper like figure before you soon makes you realise you can never take anything for granted. Much like the Grim Reaper in appearance, this wraith is wearing a white robe rather than black, holding a majestic looking scepter in lieu of the trademark scythe carried by its dark twin. You don't feel an evil aura surrounding the Ghost King, but it's most definitely angry. Looks like you have some explaining to do...

With Duskull's capture you've unlocked your rights to the Egg House, and your release from the Arcane Realm. Upon replying to this update you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Please remember that to begin with you can only enter two of the four zones available (Serebii's Fizzytopia, Bulbagarden's Cascadia, or UPN's Cloud Garden and Twilight Realm). Good luck ^-^

It was, to J., the destruction of the forest that seemed to change their situation. Helen had stood, totally at a loss of what to do as he fired off his directions, and she simply raised her paw in answer. Roy was furious. J. ignored them both, and concentrated on his part of the plan; catching the Duskull.

He trained his eyes on the limp silhouette. The ghost was clearly very badly hurt, and didn't seem up to an attack. J. was dimly aware of Roy screaming something about killing living things, and through his trance-like concentration he noted the oddness of that statement: living things in a forest full of ghosts? All of the background noise disappeared, however, when J. released the Level Ball from his fingertips and prayed to God that he hadn't missed. The Duskull didn't even try to avoid the capsule, saving its energy to break out from it (or maybe it couldn't see it). After it had been sucked into the ball in a flare of light, everything dissolved in J.'s mind.

He watched the sphere on the ground. It wobbled once, weakly, and then again, slightly harder this time. Then all movement ceased, and a green light confirmed the ghost's capture. J. sighed audibly with relief, and then a flood of sensations bombarded him from his surroundings. The air was suddenly frigid, and the fire was stopped. Helen still stood with her paw raised, but she wasn't looking at J. anymore.

A gigantic apparition that could only have been the Ghost King loomed over them in the place where Roy had been standing. Its resemblance to the Grim Reaper was uncanny, yet a white robe and scepter replaced the usually dark dress sense and massive scythe. It doesn't look malevolent, yet it's definitely angry for some reason. J. recalled Roy's screamings about the flames earlier; [Uh-oh,] he thought. [Maybe I should have listened to Roy.]

J. didn't know what to do. He stared up at the wraith, in total awe of its presence. In respect, he recalled Helen (who grumpily returned to her incarceration) and bowed. "Um... Ghost King? I-I'm sorry about the fire. Please d-don't be angry with me. I just w-want to go home. Please?"

J. shivered as he waited for the Ghost King's judgement.

And it's done! I'm kind of disappointed to be ending this adventure (it just got really exciting!). Enchantress, thank you so much for the great story, and I'll definitely remember your advice in future. I wasn't too sure about NPCs, so thanks for confirming that. I hope I'll see you in other parts of FB in future!

Thanks also to John's Knight for starting the adventure. Bye, Forest of Adventure!

Angelic Pika
8th April 2008, 8:33 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Unable to evade Rattata's Quick Attack Chu takes a light hit from the purple Rodent, but is quick to retaliate by shooting out a burst of electricity that strikes its left hind leg. Her Thundershock certainly takes Rattata by surprise, especially considering the fact that at such close range the attack has managed to paralyze Rattata's leg, but that only succeeds in making the little rat quite irate. Flipping up onto its front paws it performs a semi somersault, it's Tail Whipping around to swat Chu directly across the face. Rattata lands awkwardly, stumbling slightly as it comes down onto its numb leg, but it soon regains its feet and bares its teeth threateningly, hissing viciously at Chu. Taken aback, Chu just stares at it for a moment, completely surprised by the animosity coming from it. Looking around, she watches the Pokémon around her engaging in battle with Team Rocket Pokémon, and especially Tod's Meditite who is currently being Bitten rather hard by Meowth. The Team Rocket kitty has its teeth well and truly sunk into Meditite's foot, but a moment later an aura of fire energy appears around Meditite's fist before it whacks Meowth hard with a Fire Punch to its head. Meowth lets go of its hold and while it's dazed Meditite stands stock still and prepares for Meowth's next assault. A faint red aura appears around Meditite while it begins to Bide its time, and when Meowth begins to attack with a flurry of Scratches, Meditite doesn't even flinch. Chu is briefly thankful that she didn't end up fighting Tod for it's obvious his Pokémon is well trained, and taking comfort in the fact that she's not battling alone, turns her attention back to Rattata, ready to follow her next set of instructions...

Crap, everyone else left me >>; But good luck to them too. :3 I should really reply faster.

Rizza stared at the Meditite who was battling so well. "Thank Arceus, we didn't battle Tod. It seemed he was too good for us newbies.", she thought and gave a sigh. As she stared at Chu's battle with the little rodent called Rattata, she saw that it's leg was paralyzed due to Chu's Thundershock. She smirked because it was getting a little bit, intense and called out for another attack, "Make-do with another Thundershock and Tail Whip it!" Chu turned to look at her trainer, but the purple nuisance swatted it with another Tail Whip right on the face. It awkwardly stumbled back because of the paralyzed leg that was Chu's doing, but it regains it's feet and bore it's teeth at Chu, hissing and glaring. Chu stared at it, weirded out because of it's hissing, and seemed to ignore her call for an attack. It looked around at the other battlers then started to go off and attack the little rodent with her command. Rizza looks at what Chu stared at and it seemed that Tod was doing a great job at battling the Meowth. Even though it had been Bitten by the Meowth, Meditite retaliated with a move known as Fire Punch and Bide. As Meowth Scratches the poor thing, it's ready to give back whatever amount in double the Meowth gave. Rizza imagine what their battle might turn out if Team Rocket didn't interfere, and turned to Chu, "Come on Chu! Use another Thundershock and Tail Whip it!" She was practically shouting. Good thing, Chu snapped out of whatever daze she was in, and started to hurry over to the rodent, ready to attack...

enchantress
11th April 2008, 11:36 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Feeling a little intimidated by just how well trained Tod's Meditite is, you're nevertheless eager to allow Chu her chance to prove herself. With the battle raging on wildly around you, you're vaguely aware of attacks of all sorts being performed, some of the stronger energy based attacks coming from the evolved Pokémon being a little too close for comfort. Meowth continues to attack Meditite with its frenzied Scratches, completely unaware of the fact it's going to deeply regret its feral activity in the not too distant future. Chu faces off against Rattata, the adrenaline rush of watching Pokémon battle all around her firing her up for action. Rattata attempts to make the first move, its Quick Attack turning into more of a Quick Flop as it stumbles due to its paralysed leg. Seeing her perfect opening Chu's cheeks spark with barely restrained excitement before she unleashes her Thundershock, the bolt of electricity zipping across the two metre distance between herself and Rattata and striking it in the head. Rattata nosedives, the shocking cranial intrusion almost frying its brain cells, and as it hits the ground face first, Tod smiles, giving you the thumbs up while Rattata tries to regain its focus. Chu races in, not about to give up on the perfect opportunity to hit her opponent while it's dazed, and leaps into the air as she approaches Rattata, spinning around and allowing her Tail to Whip full circle and smack Rattata across the face. Rattata seems to snap back to its senses at this point, looking very sore and sorry for itself, yet very, very mad. It hisses at Chu, baring its fangs, and half hops, half lunges at her with a Tackle. Chu is knocked slightly off balance, but is far from put off as it's fairly clear that Rattata is quite weak now. It shouldn't take too much more for her to win this battle...

Angelic Pika
19th April 2008, 4:09 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Feeling a little intimidated by just how well trained Tod's Meditite is, you're nevertheless eager to allow Chu her chance to prove herself. With the battle raging on wildly around you, you're vaguely aware of attacks of all sorts being performed, some of the stronger energy based attacks coming from the evolved Pokémon being a little too close for comfort. Meowth continues to attack Meditite with its frenzied Scratches, completely unaware of the fact it's going to deeply regret its feral activity in the not too distant future. Chu faces off against Rattata, the adrenaline rush of watching Pokémon battle all around her firing her up for action. Rattata attempts to make the first move, its Quick Attack turning into more of a Quick Flop as it stumbles due to its paralysed leg. Seeing her perfect opening Chu's cheeks spark with barely restrained excitement before she unleashes her Thundershock, the bolt of electricity zipping across the two metre distance between herself and Rattata and striking it in the head. Rattata nosedives, the shocking cranial intrusion almost frying its brain cells, and as it hits the ground face first, Tod smiles, giving you the thumbs up while Rattata tries to regain its focus. Chu races in, not about to give up on the perfect opportunity to hit her opponent while it's dazed, and leaps into the air as she approaches Rattata, spinning around and allowing her Tail to Whip full circle and smack Rattata across the face. Rattata seems to snap back to its senses at this point, looking very sore and sorry for itself, yet very, very mad. It hisses at Chu, baring its fangs, and half hops, half lunges at her with a Tackle. Chu is knocked slightly off balance, but is far from put off as it's fairly clear that Rattata is quite weak now. It shouldn't take too much more for her to win this battle...

Whilst Chu striked Rattata with a deliberately excited Thundershock, Tod smiled and gave Rizza a thumbs up. She blushed a little, because it was rare for others to give her compliments, but was still aware of the on-going battle. She gave Tod a smile and nod, and continued to watch as Chu Tail Whipped Rattata smack dab in the face. Rizza whispered a small "yes" to herself, because everything was going so well. The purple nuisance got up and snapped back to its senses, it seemed. Chu was waving its hands towards the Rattata, as if to say: "Bring it on.." in a taunting manner. "Chu has gotten arrogant, that's cool.", thought Rizza. Rattata looked a bit shocked at Chu's display, but instead of showing weakness, it bore it's fangs once more and hisses at her. It ran, or rather lunged, toward Chu and knocked her slightly off balance. Rizza smirked at the attempt, because it looked like the Rattata is already weak. At an instant Rizza called out to Chu, "Hey Chu! It looks like it's your time to shine, make one last Thundershock!" Chu looked back at it's trainer once more and smirked, she liked being a star amongst others. Her cheeks started sparking and ready for the attack...

enchantress
20th April 2008, 2:08 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Please keep in mind that in order to move battles along at a swifter pace it's wise to consider ordering more than one attack per round. Three is the maximum that can be ordered, and the more fighting there is per round the less likely it is to have the battle drag on for too long.

Pleased to see Chu's first battle progressing nicely, you look over at Tod and Meditite to see how they're holding up against Meowth. The little feline is feisty, and you can't help but be thankful that Chu isn't on the receiving end of the Bite it's just laid into Meditite's arm. On the other hand, you can see that Meditite is still using Bide and know it's only a matter of time before Meowth finds itself regretting the vigorous assault it is using upon the small fighting type. Meditite sits stock still, the reddish aura surrounding it becoming darker by the minute, and when Meowth lays into Meditite with a barrage of Fury Swipes, striking it over and over again, Meditite simply smiles evilly at the little kitty. The expression on Meditite's face causes Meowth to back up, as it's only now it has realised the mistake it has made, but it's far too late to take back all of the damage it's done over the last few rounds. You notice that Team Rocket Pokémon are dropping all around you, with Rattata and Meowth being the final two to fall, and quickly returning your attention to Chu as her cheeks spark with electricity, you find yourself holding your breath as you wait for her to unleash her attack. You don't need to wait for long, as in the next instant Chu's Thundershock streaks through the air and slams into Rattata in the same moment that Meditite unleashes his Bide. Meowth's eyes bulge as the damage it has caused Meditite is paid back double, the energy beam slamming into its chest and sending it flying. Meowth is KOed even before it's sent crashing into Rattata at exactly the same moment that Chu's Thunderbolt hits the tired rodent who is also KOed. Level up for Chu and Meditite. Tod jumps for joy, his fist punching the air while he yells out, "YES!" before he turns around and scoops you up into a congratulatory hug and spins you around on the spot. "You did brilliantly!" he praises, setting you back down onto your feet before turning around and congratulating the two Pokémon.

Now that the battle is over you have a chance to really take in the scene, and are not at all surprised to find that Team Rocket have abandoned the sack of Pokéballs they'd stolen from the Pokémon Centre and have instead recalled their own Pokémon and are now fleeing town with a group of townsfolk hot on their heels. You have a feeling they won't be coming back here in a hurry, and continue to survey the scene. The flames that had been engulfing the Pokémon Centre have been extinguished, and a group of townspeople are already discussing the work needed to be undertaken in order to repair the damage done as soon as possible. Nurse Joy is moving amongst the crowd, thanking each and every person who had come to her aide for the help they had offered. When she finally approaches you and Tod, she smiles at him affectionately. "I should have known you'd rush in to help, Tod" she says, ruffling the boys hair. "You're always around to save the day, no matter what is happening." Tod simply blushes while Nurse Joy's eyes turn to you. "Who is your friend?" she asks, her smile widening upon seeing an unfamiliar girl in the town stud's company. "This is Rizza," Tod replies in response to Joy's question. "She's a starting trainer and this was her and her Pikachu's first real battle. She's done exceptionally well, don't you think? Helping to save the day, and all." Upon hearing this, Joy's eyes widen in disbelief. "What?!" she exclaims, honestly surprised. An immediate look of respect crosses her features, followed by a thoughtful glint in her eyes. "You know what?" she says by more of a statement than question. "Your actions today have proven that you have a good, kind heart, and great strength of character. For this reason I'd like to ask a favour of you if you're interested." Nurse joy then looks deeply into your eyes, awaiting your response...

Angelic Pika
20th April 2008, 8:54 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Please keep in mind that in order to move battles along at a swifter pace it's wise to consider ordering more than one attack per round. Three is the maximum that can be ordered, and the more fighting there is per round the less likely it is to have the battle drag on for too long.

Pleased to see Chu's first battle progressing nicely, you look over at Tod and Meditite to see how they're holding up against Meowth. The little feline is feisty, and you can't help but be thankful that Chu isn't on the receiving end of the Bite it's just laid into Meditite's arm. On the other hand, you can see that Meditite is still using Bide and know it's only a matter of time before Meowth finds itself regretting the vigorous assault it is using upon the small fighting type. Meditite sits stock still, the reddish aura surrounding it becoming darker by the minute, and when Meowth lays into Meditite with a barrage of Fury Swipes, striking it over and over again, Meditite simply smiles evilly at the little kitty. The expression on Meditite's face causes Meowth to back up, as it's only now it has realised the mistake it has made, but it's far too late to take back all of the damage it's done over the last few rounds. You notice that Team Rocket Pokémon are dropping all around you, with Rattata and Meowth being the final two to fall, and quickly returning your attention to Chu as her cheeks spark with electricity, you find yourself holding your breath as you wait for her to unleash her attack. You don't need to wait for long, as in the next instant Chu's Thundershock streaks through the air and slams into Rattata in the same moment that Meditite unleashes his Bide. Meowth's eyes bulge as the damage it has caused Meditite is paid back double, the energy beam slamming into its chest and sending it flying. Meowth is KOed even before it's sent crashing into Rattata at exactly the same moment that Chu's Thunderbolt hits the tired rodent who is also KOed. Level up for Chu and Meditite. Tod jumps for joy, his fist punching the air while he yells out, "YES!" before he turns around and scoops you up into a congratulatory hug and spins you around on the spot. "You did brilliantly!" he praises, setting you back down onto your feet before turning around and congratulating the two Pokémon.

Now that the battle is over you have a chance to really take in the scene, and are not at all surprised to find that Team Rocket have abandoned the sack of Pokéballs they'd stolen from the Pokémon Centre and have instead recalled their own Pokémon and are now fleeing town with a group of townsfolk hot on their heels. You have a feeling they won't be coming back here in a hurry, and continue to survey the scene. The flames that had been engulfing the Pokémon Centre have been extinguished, and a group of townspeople are already discussing the work needed to be undertaken in order to repair the damage done as soon as possible. Nurse Joy is moving amongst the crowd, thanking each and every person who had come to her aide for the help they had offered. When she finally approaches you and Tod, she smiles at him affectionately. "I should have known you'd rush in to help, Tod" she says, ruffling the boys hair. "You're always around to save the day, no matter what is happening." Tod simply blushes while Nurse Joy's eyes turn to you. "Who is your friend?" she asks, her smile widening upon seeing an unfamiliar girl in the town stud's company. "This is Rizza," Tod replies in response to Joy's question. "She's a starting trainer and this was her and her Pikachu's first real battle. She's done exceptionally well, don't you think? Helping to save the day, and all." Upon hearing this, Joy's eyes widen in disbelief. "What?!" she exclaims, honestly surprised. An immediate look of respect crosses her features, followed by a thoughtful glint in her eyes. "You know what?" she says by more of a statement than question. "Your actions today have proven that you have a good, kind heart, and great strength of character. For this reason I'd like to ask a favour of you if you're interested." Nurse joy then looks deeply into your eyes, awaiting your response...

Alright-y. I'll keep that in mind.

As Chu hit the Rattata with its strong Thundershock attack, the Meowth that Tod was battling suddenly flies over to it and the two of them crashing to each other. Rizza can help but giggle on the expressions of the KO'ed pokemon, and Chu runs back to her and gives her a big hug. She pet Chu and hugged her tightly. Tod jumps in happiness because of their big victory. Rizza sat down Chu, and thanked her for her hard work. "Thank you, Chu. You did great..!" said Rizza. Tod suddenly comes near her hugs her tight, and spins her 'round and 'round. "Uhhh, Tod..?", she managed to say. He eventually stopped and she smiled at him. "You did brilliantly!" he told her, and she replied with a slight blush, and a big smile; "Thanks! You did an awesome job too." He nodded, and congratulated the amazing Pokemon.

Rizza took a look around, and giggled once more at the scene of Team Rocket fleeing and some townsfolk running after them. "Hah, too bad for them. Bet they'll never come back.", she said. She continued to look around, and saw that the flames are now extinguished, and the people left in town are talking about the repairs. Nurse Joy was in the crowd, and she thanked everyone. Afterwards, she went towards Rizza and Tod. Rizza gave a slight wave at her, and she started mentioning how Tod is always there to save the day, and such. She took a glance at Tod, and saw him blushing. Soon after, Nurse Joy asks about Rizza. Tod explains how she's a new trainer, and how she did well in her battle with one of Team Rocket's Pokemon. She blushes at the compliment, and looks at Nurse Joy smiling: "I'm just happy to help, too." she said. Nurse Joy is shocked, but had an unusual glint in her eyes; she started, "You know what?" a short pause until her next words, Your actions today have proven that you have a good, kind heart, and great strength of character. For this reason I'd like to ask a favor of you if you're interested." her eyes looking straight at her. Rizza blushes again; she's not used to a lot of compliments, but she replied, "A favor? That's okay with me, as I said a while ago: I'm happy to help!" She grinned at her, excited of the fact of a new adventure , and awaited the response..

enchantress
21st April 2008, 3:43 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: "I'm so happy you're willing to hear me out," Nurse Joy replies with a smile. "Your actions today, going up against Team Rocket even when the odds were against you, have proven that you have a kind, brave heart. Being a new trainer I'm sure you don't have many Pokémon to train just yet, but after helping us to defeat Team Rocket and retrieve the Pokémon they were stealing, I feel that I do need to reward you."

Reaching into the sack containing the Pokéballs Team Rocket had stolen, Nurse Joy removes one which she looks at affectionately before triggering the release mechanism which frees a little slug like Pokémon inside. The pink blob rubs its little cheek affectionately against Nurse Joy's before sitting happily in her arms and smiling up at both you and Tod.

"Shellos was orphaned about three months ago," Nurse Joy continues. "A trainer passing through town had found her upon his travels, but Shellos was weak and undernourished after being left alone to fend for herself for who knows how long. The boy liked Shellos, but was unable to care for her properly what with her being so weak, and felt it best to leave her here in the Pokémon Centre to allow her time to recover. He said he'd return to collect her in a few weeks, but it's been so long now and it doesn't look like he's going to return. As much as I love Shellos, Mediville isn't the place for a Pokémon such as her. She needs to be cared for by someone who will travel the land and sea, allowing her the chance to see the world and to grow as part of a team. She needs a new family, and if you're willing to provide her with that then I'll be pleased to see her go to someone such as yourself."

While Nurse Joy watches you closely to try and read your expression, Tod releases a low, drawn out whistle. "Wow, that's quite an offer," he says cheerfully, leaning over to tickle Shellos' head. The little sea slug appears to love the attention, gurgling its approval while pushing its head against Tod's fingers to demonstrate it's enjoying his attention.

"She's level two and very affectionate, as you can see," Nurse Joy adds. "Are you interested in providing a home for Shellos?" she asks, her eyes filled with hope.

Angelic Pika
22nd April 2008, 10:15 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: "I'm so happy you're willing to hear me out," Nurse Joy replies with a smile. "Your actions today, going up against Team Rocket even when the odds were against you, have proven that you have a kind, brave heart. Being a new trainer I'm sure you don't have many Pokémon to train just yet, but after helping us to defeat Team Rocket and retrieve the Pokémon they were stealing, I feel that I do need to reward you."

Reaching into the sack containing the Pokéballs Team Rocket had stolen, Nurse Joy removes one which she looks at affectionately before triggering the release mechanism which frees a little slug like Pokémon inside. The pink blob rubs its little cheek affectionately against Nurse Joy's before sitting happily in her arms and smiling up at both you and Tod.

"Shellos was orphaned about three months ago," Nurse Joy continues. "A trainer passing through town had found her upon his travels, but Shellos was weak and undernourished after being left alone to fend for herself for who knows how long. The boy liked Shellos, but was unable to care for her properly what with her being so weak, and felt it best to leave her here in the Pokémon Centre to allow her time to recover. He said he'd return to collect her in a few weeks, but it's been so long now and it doesn't look like he's going to return. As much as I love Shellos, Mediville isn't the place for a Pokémon such as her. She needs to be cared for by someone who will travel the land and sea, allowing her the chance to see the world and to grow as part of a team. She needs a new family, and if you're willing to provide her with that then I'll be pleased to see her go to someone such as yourself."

While Nurse Joy watches you closely to try and read your expression, Tod releases a low, drawn out whistle. "Wow, that's quite an offer," he says cheerfully, leaning over to tickle Shellos' head. The little sea slug appears to love the attention, gurgling its approval while pushing its head against Tod's fingers to demonstrate it's enjoying his attention.

"She's level two and very affectionate, as you can see," Nurse Joy adds. "Are you interested in providing a home for Shellos?" she asks, her eyes filled with hope.

Rizza stared at the slug Nurse Joy had brought out. "I've seen this from my father before.. only it's blue and bigger.", she thought. Her eyes widened at the shyness of the thing. It was cute, even though colored pink. "Awwww, it's cute!" she managed to say. The thing, she forgot what it was called, was smiling towards her and Tod. How cute. Nurse Joy started telling them the story of that little thing. As she mentioned the word Shellos, she remembered the one her father had: a Gastrodon. As Nurse Joy finished its story, Rizza said, "That trainer was kinda mean for not coming back for it, even though he promised." She huffed her cheeks in disapproval. Nurse Joy also mentioned that the Shellos needs to travel, and is unfit here in Mediville. Rizza nodded, and thought, "It is kinda cute.. what the heck, throw 'em in the team!" As Tod whistled, talked and tickled the Shellos, Nurse Joy looked at me with eyes filled with hope. "Are you interested in providing a home for Shellos?" she asked; Rizza nodded in response, "It is cute, and I'd be happy to add it to the team. Even though level two, I'm sure it'll grow into a good fighter." She grinned, and patted Chu who was holding on to her right leg, "Chu we have a new member to the team!" She replied with an excited, "Pika!" and smiled too. "I guess I get to name you.." she smoothly took it from Nurse Joy's arms, "I'll name you Kitty..." she patted Kitty's head, "Oh yeah, here you go.." she reached for her pocket and took out one (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7557457&postcount=24) Valentine Candy. "It's nice and sweet." She gave it to Kitty and watched her eat the candy.

Just wanted to feed the candy now. >3

enchantress
23rd April 2008, 3:25 PM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Thinking over the situation for a minute, you happily accept Nurse Joy's offer, naming your new teammate "Kitty", which only adds to Shellos' cute value. Gently taking Shellos from Nurse Joy's arms you remove a Valentines Candy from your pocket that you've been holding onto, offering it to Kitty who gives you the biggest smile before she begins nibbling on it, subsequently gaining a level after finishing off the special sweet. Chu is both happy and curious to have a new teammate, and begins introducing herself to Kitty while Tod stands watching the two with a wide grin and Nurse Joy discreetly wipes a stray tear from her cheek.

"I'm so happy you're going to be providing a home for Shellos," Nurse Joys says, genuinely thrilled to see that Shellos now has a family to replace the one it had lost, yet saddened by the fact she may never see her little friend again. "I wish you all the best upon your future travels, and hope that you return to Mediville one day to show me how much you've all learned and grown. For now though, I really do need to return to the Pokémon Centre. So much has been damaged that's it's going to take a long while to sift through it all and begin on the renovations needed to get us up and running again as soon as possible." Giving both you and Kitty a quick hug, Nurse Joy turns and hurries back to the Pokémon Centre, turning to give one final wave. "Goodbye and good luck!" she calls out, before disappearing inside the charred building.

Left standing with Tod, you look up at the boy who is watching you curiously. You can't help but wonder what he's thinking, but his expression gives nothing away. "It's been a pleasure meeting you Rizza," he says solemnly. "It's a shame our match was interrupted the way it was, but it all worked out in the end." Patting both Kitty and Chu on their heads, Tod smiles. "They're great little Pokémon, and I'm sure that with your guidance they'll grow to be nice and strong. Then perhaps, if we're ever lucky enough to meet again somewhere out in the world beyond Mediville, we can have a rematch." Tod grins cheekily with this last comment, but you're fairly certain he's serious. "I'd better go and help Joy," he adds. "There's so much work to be done, and so little time. I sincerely do hope to meet you again one day, and if that time ever comes I'd love to see what kind of trainer you've turned into, and what kind of team you've raised." Saying a quick farewell to both Chu and Kitty, Tod turns to walk toward the Pokémon Centre. "Take care, Rizza!" he calls with one final wave, before also disappearing into the Pokémon Centre and leaving you standing in the street with Chu and your new level three female Shellos...


Upon replying to this update (where you'll need to provide a link to Shellos' Pokéball), you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Shellos' capture has also unlocked your rights to the Egg House, along with your release from the Arcane Realm, so good luck and happy adventuring. I hope you enjoy FB ^-^

Angelic Pika
24th April 2008, 7:02 AM
Mediville - Please reply in lemonchiffon

Angelic Pika: Thinking over the situation for a minute, you happily accept Nurse Joy's offer, naming your new teammate "Kitty", which only adds to Shellos' cute value. Gently taking Shellos from Nurse Joy's arms you remove a Valentines Candy from your pocket that you've been holding onto, offering it to Kitty who gives you the biggest smile before she begins nibbling on it, subsequently gaining a level after finishing off the special sweet. Chu is both happy and curious to have a new teammate, and begins introducing herself to Kitty while Tod stands watching the two with a wide grin and Nurse Joy discreetly wipes a stray tear from her cheek.

"I'm so happy you're going to be providing a home for Shellos," Nurse Joys says, genuinely thrilled to see that Shellos now has a family to replace the one it had lost, yet saddened by the fact she may never see her little friend again. "I wish you all the best upon your future travels, and hope that you return to Mediville one day to show me how much you've all learned and grown. For now though, I really do need to return to the Pokémon Centre. So much has been damaged that's it's going to take a long while to sift through it all and begin on the renovations needed to get us up and running again as soon as possible." Giving both you and Kitty a quick hug, Nurse Joy turns and hurries back to the Pokémon Centre, turning to give one final wave. "Goodbye and good luck!" she calls out, before disappearing inside the charred building.

Left standing with Tod, you look up at the boy who is watching you curiously. You can't help but wonder what he's thinking, but his expression gives nothing away. "It's been a pleasure meeting you Rizza," he says solemnly. "It's a shame our match was interrupted the way it was, but it all worked out in the end." Patting both Kitty and Chu on their heads, Tod smiles. "They're great little Pokémon, and I'm sure that with your guidance they'll grow to be nice and strong. Then perhaps, if we're ever lucky enough to meet again somewhere out in the world beyond Mediville, we can have a rematch." Tod grins cheekily with this last comment, but you're fairly certain he's serious. "I'd better go and help Joy," he adds. "There's so much work to be done, and so little time. I sincerely do hope to meet you again one day, and if that time ever comes I'd love to see what kind of trainer you've turned into, and what kind of team you've raised." Saying a quick farewell to both Chu and Kitty, Tod turns to walk toward the Pokémon Centre. "Take care, Rizza!" he calls with one final wave, before also disappearing into the Pokémon Centre and leaving you standing in the street with Chu and your new level three female Shellos...


Upon replying to this update (where you'll need to provide a link to Shellos' Pokéball), you're free to post in all areas of FB including mainstream zones. Shellos' capture has also unlocked your rights to the Egg House, along with your release from the Arcane Realm, so good luck and happy adventuring. I hope you enjoy FB ^-^

Rizza pets Kitty for happily nibbling on the candy she gave and noticed Chu was introducing itself to Kitty. It was nice of Chu to be like that. A smile escaped her lips. Nurse Joy had spoken up again, about how jhappy she is because I had accepted her offer and how we should come back one day. Rizza nodded; "I won't forget this wonderful place that had thought me a lot. I'm sure to come back someday." As Nurse Joy hugged, ran off and waved Tod and her goodbye, she smiled at her and waved back. Now that she's left with Tod, she wanted to say something nice. When she was about to say something really sweet to Tod, he had answered first. Oh he had been drabbling about our uncontinued match, and how much it was a pleasure to meet someone like me, and how my pokemon are great. He patted my pokemons heads, and remarks: "Then perhaps, if we're ever lucky enough to meet again somewhere out in the world beyond Mediville, we can have a rematch." He smiled at her, but she just giggled at the thought. "Well, I really do hope we cross paths once again." she grinned while Tod ran off and giving a quick wave, "Take care, Rizza!" he said. Rizza gave a slight wave; "You too, Tod."

After a long pause, Chu and Kitty had stopped introducing themselves and talking to come next to Rizza and hug her. "Hey guys.. We're heading for a new place, and I'm going to miss it here." She smiled at them. "Chu.." was the only thing the little yellow mouse could say. "C'mon, let's head for another place, a new journey awaits us." Chu climbed on Rizza and sat on her shoulder, "Oh yeah, Kitty in you go the ball.." She threw a Fastball (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=7473122&postcount=10) at Kitty, it easily got in the ball. Rizza picked it up with ease, and put it in her sling bag and walked out of Mediville, it's as if everything already ended, but it was actually just another beginning.

Thank you enchantress for this wonderful journey here. Thanks to John's Knight for starting it. :3 I'll remember all the advice you two gave, andand yeah, ilu guys. <3 I guess I should head to another zone now.. Bye Mediville and others. >D

PeeGee
8th December 2008, 1:56 AM
A boy sat on the ground, flipping through a book. The boy had brown/blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a black shirt and a pair of blue board shorts. Around the boy's waist was a brown leather belt. The book that he held was a guide to Fizzy Bubbles.
Now lets see here, Karmas thought as he observed the different areas available, The Ocean of Mystery is out because I don't have a water pokemon. The Graveyard looks interesting, though Watermelon's Bide wouldn't even managed to touch the pokemon there.
Karmas paused for a moment, in deep though about where to go. Then it hit him! Watermelon was a grass type, so it sounded like the Forest of Adventure was a great place for him. Thinking of Watermelon Karmas realized that he should get an opinion from his one and only pokemon. Karmas gripped a ball that was somehow clipped onto his belt. With a quick motion of his arm, Karmas threw the red and white ball into the air. The ball smashed into the ground and seemed to break, but in fact it sent out a red beam that materialized into an acorn. The acorn had huge eyes and was about as tall as the height from Karmas' foot to his knee.
"Hey there little fella," cooed Karmas as he picked up his Seedot," Listen, how do you feel about going to the Forest of Adventure?"
The acorn looked at his owner and friend before making the closest thing he could to a nod.
"Well then let's go!" exclaimed Karmas, putting the guidebook in his bag.
The trainer stood up and stretched before looking for the path to The Forest of Adventure.

Soren Nightingale
9th December 2008, 3:28 AM
FB Stats (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=371602)

“Man…Why do I have to be in the most barren of places?”

11 year old Sunshi Tenchi and his partner Pokemon, Sem the Squirtle, was tranversing throught the Desert of Illusion. With the intense heat and lack of adequete water source, it was hard to imagine why anyone would even imagine coming to this place. With these harsh conditions, you would have to be prepared for anything. Fortuantly for Sunshi, he has just that. He was wearing a yellow, lightweight vest and shorts. He was wearing a small backpack that would carry his items. Sem was only carrying the shell that he was wearing.

Again, it was difficult imagining why anyone would cross through such a place like the Desert of Illusion. Of course, Sunshi has a reason. As he was walking, he keeps remembering the words of his grandfather about the legends of this harsh land.

“Some say that there are two special village can be found in the Desert of Illusion. Other, like me, just thought that they are only just mirages. If you are determined to find them, Sunshi, I won’t stop you. Just be careful.”

Sunshi and Sem pressed on as they continued their trail, not knowing what they might find.

arcanumghost
9th December 2008, 10:12 AM
-moving to UPN- (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=454)

enchantress
9th December 2008, 2:00 PM
Alright, this is seriously getting ridiculous. First the rules thread, and now I'm not even able to post an update. If this continues to be a problem and the campaign is affected by it, then we're in trouble :/

Seeing as I keep getting an internal server error when trying to post, and I can't leave you guys hanging indefinitely, I'm going to have to ask you to please repost in the UPN Arcane Realm (http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthread.php?t=454). I have your updates ready, but would prefer for your intro posts to be in the same thread as a point of future reference.

Obviously this isn't the most preferable option to be taking, as it's nice to partake in your first adventure on your own home board, but I really don't see there being any other choice.

Hopefully the problem will be sorted out in the near future, but in the meantime we can't keep you waiting.

Sorry for the trouble.