PDA

View Full Version : Strategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight! (460)

Serebii
20th July 2006, 7:42 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/460.jpgStrategy Tomorrow - Comedy Tonight!

On their way to the Battle Pyramid, Ash & Co. meet up with a trainer who uses a Chatot for her Pokémon Comedian routine, in the hopes of performing and winning a Comedy Showdown through Chatot's imitation of voices. However Chatot gets away from its trainer and its up to Ash & Co. to find it, but Team Rocket have their sights on the Parrot Pokémon. Who will get to it first?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/460.shtml)

Discuss

legendary master Jose
20th July 2006, 7:43 PM
ooo i wanna see this one we get to see perap but the guide isnt up yet :( but this sounds like its gonna be a funny episode

woot first post

starterlover1
20th July 2006, 7:45 PM
Interesting. I believe it airs today, so I guess I can assume we will have screenshots, too. maybe we will get to see some of its attacks. Either way, I love perap, so I am looking forward to this.

PlusleMinun
20th July 2006, 7:53 PM
Does Perap speak human or say 'Perap' alot?

legendary master Jose
20th July 2006, 7:54 PM
well id say both considering it can imitate human voices

Serebii
20th July 2006, 8:11 PM
People...will you please read the damn rules for these Episode Discussion threads ¬¬

Ash6K
20th July 2006, 9:06 PM
I'm glad we get to see another funny episode. Perap looks very realistic to a parrot too hehe, can't wait to see the episode pics. Oh yeah, Donphan in the episode along with Brock's dance thing, plus Pikachu in a bow tie...priceless!

Blazing Charmander
21st July 2006, 11:32 AM
Seen the pictures.

Nothing much really happens in the episode. From what I saw, the COtD's Perap kept flying away from her and it seemed that there were a load of kids from an orphanage, who were the audience for all of the acts. Ash and Co. performed the different acts with their Pokemon alongside the girl and her Perap. Ash use Pikachu and Donphan. Brock and Corphish performed an act together (Brock with his Mexican costume on, lol). May uses her Eevee and Squirtle and Max uses Munchlax.

TR appeared again (after before trying to steal Perap), and tried to perform a comedy act in which James sent out his Cacnea (couldn't get the jist of what it was doing) and shortly after got dizzy and fainted. Then, Jessie used her Dustox against... Ash's Sceptile. Of course, Sceptile won and TR blasted off... again. Finally, it was just the traditional farewell in the sunset scene and Ash and Co. head off for the next destination.

Oh well, a couple of fillers showcasing new Pokemon after a run of eventful episodes (Grand Festival, etc.) doesn't hurt, does it. It was at least fairly entertaining.

Chatsy
21st July 2006, 11:52 AM
Seen the pictures.

The episode starts with Ash and co walking down a path.
They then spot a Perap in a tree.

My god, Perap is cute.

They stare at it, Max being very excited about it. Suddenly a girl appears, calling out for Perap but it flies away. Cue the episode title.

Perap lands on a treestomp where Ash runs up to it and grabs it.

I so love that Perap, my lord.

Ash looks confused when holding it, though, so I estimate it repeated what he said.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/022.jpg
Sure seems like it.

The girl runs up to Ash and he gives her the Perap while the rest of the gang approaches them.
I think the girl introduces herself and her Perap here where afterwards May Pokedexes the Pokémon.
Perap says something which makes the girl angry with it, so I bet it randomly repeated the Pokedex or what Max said afterwards.
The girl then introduces herself as a performer or something and the gang is excited to see what the two can do so they agree to watch.

The girl talks and Perap talks and the girl seems annoyed or something. I think it's part of the act. They suddenly go all "yo dawg"
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/059.jpg
Which is very very amusing.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/065.jpg
The gang approves!

The girl then talks about how she apparently called out Perap some time ago and it randomly flew away with her in suit.
I can't really tell what it's about. Nor can she, really.

TR watch from a distance having a Gio fantasy about how lovely it would be for him to wake up to Perap and then read the newspaper with it.
Haha.
And when he yells at the incompetent Grunts then Perap would be a great help to echo it all which'll make Gio very happy. (I think Persian would end up eating it, though)

The gang is then seen walking with the Wakana-clone (let's just cal her that) and they suddenly meet two strangers, one with long whip-ish hair, the other with purple shoulder length hair, who also happened to have starred in a certain episode in Pewter Gym not so long ago, but let's no get into that.

I wonder who ever they could be, though?

They introduce some odd bags with happy faces on them.
Oh god, the beanbags have returned!

The Wakana-clone likes and she gets to hold them. They suddenly explode and Perap is taken with a metal arm thingie.

Oh GASPETH! The two people were in fact Team Rocket!
Who would've known?!

They're suddenly in their balloon with Perap trapped in a cage. Ash calls out Swellow to use Aerial Ace (I think) on the balloon, causing the cage with Perap to fall out.
Wow, that was quick.
Ash then calls out Aipom to use Swift, sending Team Rocket flying.

That was really quick!

Perap is safe but the Wakana-clone seems concerned.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/161.jpg
I swear, that Perap is CUTE!

They're suddenly at a house, having a meal.
Eh? Is it the Wakana-clone's house?
Oh well, suddenly Perap pops out of its Pokéball and flies away. The gang is shocked and follows.
Perap then flies in to the forest and gone it is.

This Perap has an obedience problem.

We suddenly see a girl sitting in bed while reading a book when Perap flies in and sits by the window, the girl being very happy to see it.
Eh?
Another girl comes in, followed by what seems like a nurse, also glad to see the parrot Pokémon. Perap also seems happy.

I'm so confused.

The gang approaches the window from the outside, seeing Perap. The nurse person sees them and they're now inside, looked at by a bunch of kids by the door.
I think this is a children's hospital then.

The girl who before sat in bed reading a book starts telling about how she met Perap sitting in a tree outside her window. She fed it cookies which gave it a crave for sugar so it continuesly came back to get more.
Either that or it became friends with the girl.
Either way, it constantly flew by to look to the girl, much to her glee while in her illness.
Well, now we know why it randomly flew away....

The Wakana-clone claims it's her Perap, though, much to the girl's displease so she runs off.
Not so ill after all then, huh?
Anyway, the Wakana-clone decides to perfom for the hospital's children with her Perap, the girl from before lying in her bed sulking meanwhile.
Max comes by her, though, probably to tell about the performing that's going on.

Brock is seen in his Paradise outfit likely singing his song. Corphish is assisting XD

Max sweatdrops at this, probably not the best referration to get the girl out of bed.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/261.jpg
BLING BLING!

We then see Ash with his Donphan and Pikachu (while wearing a rather unflattering bowtie. My goodness)
Ash has his Donphan roll up and has Pikachu balance on it while it rolls about. However, Pikachu falls off, having the act to fail miserably. The kids are amused, though.
The ill girl who was in bed has now stood up and looks at the act from the window. It's now Max's turn to perform.

Which consists of throwing food at Munchlax for it to eat.
Wow.
The girl comes out and Max offers her to try. She tries and she's amused as well as the rest of the children.

My god, May's wearing the horrid bowtie too! XDDD

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/284.jpg

It's now May's turn to perform with her Squirtle and Eevee.
Eevee shoots a Shadow Ball up in the air and Squirtle apparently uses its Ice Beam making everything glittery.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/293.jpg
Awwwww.

It's now the Wakana-clone's turn and she wears a pink/red tophat. Hahahaha.
I don't know what they're saying but she and her Perap are making everyone laugh.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/311.jpg
The gang is making me laugh too but not necessarily because they're laughing.
XD

The happyfaced beanbags suddenly drop down and explode.
SHOCK, who ever could THAT be?!
GASP, it's Team Rocket!

IN UGLY CLOTHES!

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/chatsey/blah/326.jpg
It's fashion disaster in today's Pokémon.

James suddenly cries, though (O_o) and we then see Jessie and Meowth holding fans, so maybe he cried because he was smacked?
lol
James then holds up an umbrella thingie with Cacnea hopping up on it but falls down.
Cacnea is knocked out!
Max says something which angers TR.
Oooohhhh.

They catch Perap and run off.
They stopped, probably by being yelled at and Jessie then calls out Dustox while Ash calls out Sceptile.
Sceptile easily dodges Dustox's Tackle and Poison Sting, and then Leaf Blades it. James calls out Cacnea only to find out that, IT'S STILL KNOCKED OUT!
XD
Sceptile uses Bullest Seed at Dustox.
Perap is suddenly free likely because of the aforementioned Bullet Seed and Wakana-clone has it use Peck on Meowth.
Sceptile then Leaf Blades TR off into the heavens.

Everyone's happy. YAY! The girl from before then approaches Wakana-clone and apologizes for her behaviour from before, I think, then she gives her something. Happy happy, they say goodbye, happy happy and then Wakana-clone is about to depart with Ash and co.

Talk talk, wave wave, bye bye, Ash is exicted and they then walk off, the end.

Comedy filler. YAY!

Wow, this took a while to post. DX

Spriteman
21st July 2006, 11:58 AM
Wow, perap isn't only cool now, its cute too X_x

ghost master
21st July 2006, 1:47 PM
Eh this episode didnt have anything special about it except for a D/P pokemon appearing. I honestly think the highlight of the episode was Brock dancing with Corphish.

Ash6K
21st July 2006, 3:38 PM
Hmm...Eevee and Donphan having more screentime all of Ash's pokemon appear in this episode, and...Dustox battles!! Yup, good episode!

S.Suikun
21st July 2006, 5:32 PM
This girl's resemblence to Wakana is scary.

http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/5739/wakanoobeddf8.png

CyberCubed
21st July 2006, 5:42 PM

Ahahahahahhahahahaa. She looks like a younger sister.

This just proves the writers have run out of character designs for the filler characters. After designing 400 minor characters, one would imagine they'd run out of designs.

intergalactic platypus
21st July 2006, 5:50 PM
Filler yes, but at least it seems like a funny filler

Torkoal Stu
21st July 2006, 5:53 PM

Long Lost Sisters!

Dun dun DUUUUN.

But at least we're having some D/P Pokemon other than the first ones released being shown in main stream anime rather than in the movies.

Shift
21st July 2006, 6:05 PM
So, a Parrap that can speak human speak. I might have known considering it's animal basis, but interesting for a Pokemon none the less.

skarmachild
21st July 2006, 6:18 PM
Loli heaven huh?

Rather boring episode.

FlamingRuby
21st July 2006, 6:19 PM
Does Brock actually sing "Paradaisu", or just dance around in the costume?

.Bambi.
21st July 2006, 7:58 PM
Until I see the episode in action [and understand why everyone is laughing], this episode will be put under the "Boring Filler" category.

Yes, Perap was there, and trust me, I liked it. It's SO cute.
However, Team Rocket seemed to be the clincher in this episode because nothing else dramatic happens. I hate episodes like that >.>

Though one thing to note, every one of Ash's Pokemon made an appearence this episode...and they didn't even have a picnicking scene!

CyberCubed
21st July 2006, 8:00 PM
[color=lightblue]Until I see the episode in action [and understand why everyone is laughing],

Considering the jokes in this episode will only be understood by the Japanese, most people would probably have to wait till its dubbed to judge it accurately.

Dreamcoat
21st July 2006, 8:40 PM
Omgosh, Dustox is still alive?!

HoennMaster
21st July 2006, 8:54 PM
Perap, it imatates. This just made my day (wrong). I saw some pics earlier and it looks like it is actaully a good episode.

PlusleMinun
21st July 2006, 9:13 PM
When are the pics going to be posted on serebii.net?

Geodude
21st July 2006, 9:22 PM
This is an example of how their little rap thingy that was part of their act went:

Perap: "Pika-pika-pikachu, Quick Attack!"
Andi: "Quick Attack!"
Perap: "Pika-pika-pikachu, Thunderbolt!"
Andi: "Thunderbolt!"
Perap: "Pika-pika-pikachu, Rock Throw!"
Andi: "Wait, that's a Rock-type attack!"
Perap: *facefaults*

(Thanks to kthleen on Bulbagarden for translating that last line for me.)

And I have no idea what the rest of the different jokes were. But that example and the other one or two like it should make it into the dub intact, at least.

gamefreak5034
22nd July 2006, 12:14 AM
Seemed like an average boring filler,maybe because i couldnt undertand it but im just happy all ash pkmn did something, although aipoms swifts are kinda getting annoying

Sushi
22nd July 2006, 12:56 AM
I was looking forward to this episode because I had been very fond of Perappu ever since it was revealed.

When reading the summaries I first thought that Perappu had some weird quirk and just randomly flew away all the time, but actually it always went to the same hospital to entertain the kids over there. It may be an overused plot, but I quite like those 'annoying-bugger-turns-out-to-have-good-intentions' Pokémon, other examples being Ash's Snorunt and the Linoone from AG113.

Anyway, Perappu was cute. I really liked everything about it - the way it repeated other people's lines and its voice in general, but also its various poses and gestures it did during the comic dialogue performance. I was taking screenshots like mad =D

It's also nice that Perappu doesn't only repeat things immediately after they were said, but can also remember certain lines for a while and say them over and over again. I liked it that those seemingly random things Perappu said to Anri and the others, like "I'll take your temperature now", "I don't like shots", "It's time for lunch" etc. eventually helped her figuring out where Perappu had went. It may not sound all that great, but for the Pokémon writers, it was pretty clever writing in my humble opinion ^^"

And at last, it was nice to see everyone of the group doing something for once. Granted, Brock only had the 10-second performance of Takeshi's Paradise, but it was good enough. At least Max got to partake in the little show as well as being the one persuading Chizuru to watch too. It's not much more than what Brock did, but eh. It was funny how TR tried making the group of kids laugh, but failed miserably - except that one time where Cacnea hugged James of course.

Well, overall I loved the combination of comedy and emotion this time, and, as I said, Perappu is/was insanely cute. I want a plushie of it!

The Big Al
22nd July 2006, 12:56 AM
Something tells me this is better in motion. Performing for hospital confined kids, rather touching for Pokemon but whatever. Well, at least Aipom didn't come in and give me a double dose of margness.

Monkeys and parrots are the devil.

The Great Butler
22nd July 2006, 1:49 AM

It's official, I freaking love Perap. It's ADORABLE. <3

Pearl's Perap
22nd July 2006, 1:53 AM

It's official, I freaking love Perap. It's ADORABLE. <3

You are NOT the only one, seeing the preview and the pictures made my mind up for sure.

The Great Butler, have you actually seen the episode?

Zak

FlamingRuby
22nd July 2006, 2:06 AM
Perap reminds me of a lovebird, in some respects...but judging from this one's personality, I really want someone to catch one.

The Big Al
22nd July 2006, 3:06 AM
Perap reminds me of a lovebird, in some respects...but judging from this one's personality, I really want someone to catch one.
Oh I hate lovebirds. I remember when we had to take care of my neighbors'. That ear splitting screech they call a song drove me nuts. It make me dislike Perap even more.

FlamingRuby
22nd July 2006, 3:44 AM
It's only fitting they based a parrot-like Pokemon off a real parrot, and Perap just appeals to me because of its personality.

Geodude
22nd July 2006, 4:04 AM
You kinda worded that in a funny way...how would you call it "parrot-like" in the first place if it wasn't based on a parrot?

KuwabaraTheMan
22nd July 2006, 7:21 AM
Holy Crap, that was freaking hilarious. When Musashi almost accidentally started the motto early, I couldn't stop laughing. Takeshi's failed attempt at making people laugh was hilarious. As was Rocket Gang's attempt at performing for the kids.

And the girl and Perap did was freaking hilarious. Especially with Perap's mistakes(Pikachu using a rock attack, Eievui using a grass attack). Wow, its been awhile since the crew has turned out such a funny episode of the series. I was expecting a decent filler, but I was entertained quite a bit. Excellent.

And yeah, she looks like Wakana's sister or something.

Bliksem
22nd July 2006, 6:24 PM
The episode was quite funny, despite me completely lack of knowledge when it comes to Japanese. Anyways, I did get a headache from the constant repetition, but hey, it was about a parrot.

I might add, though, that I had NO CLUE Donphan was quite so large. That thing gives me new respect.

Well, I suppose I have to edit. Unless Ash is only three feet tall, his Donphan is monstrously large.

Feity
22nd July 2006, 6:52 PM
This episode seems like it's going to be hard to translate... Not well, anyway...

EDIT: Ahahaha, James shutting up Jessie doing the motto was funny. And I must say its about time. <_<

ハルカ and ゴンベ
23rd July 2006, 1:44 AM
Ok the episode is up on youtube (Just search "perap")

I thought perap would sound a bit cuter than it does (I still love it to death)
I also found plenty of parts in this episode to be hillarious
I really enjoyed it
8.8/10

Geodude
23rd July 2006, 2:50 AM
And here's the Eevee verse:

Perap: "Eevee, Eevee, Tail Whip!"
Andi: "Tail Whip!"
Perap: "Eevee, Eevee, Razor Leaf!"
Andi: "That's a Grass-type attack!" (lightly knocks Perap, it facefaults off its perch, kids laugh)

Medea
23rd July 2006, 4:08 AM
Well, this was a pretty cute episode overall. Perap was both cute and annoying at the time. Of course, great to see Brock doing his little dance and in his costume...(he scared the children like if he were Michael Jackson :o) Oh, but then of course, that little girl...Hmm, and Perap's trainer was a little cuttie (she does remind me of Wakana too). But tis all I can really say on this episode.

CyberCubed
23rd July 2006, 4:09 AM
You would think that May being a coordinator can make all these cool combinations for the kiddies, but the Eevee/Squirtle thing could have been much better.

ashnmisty4eva
23rd July 2006, 8:19 AM
You would think that May being a coordinator can make all these cool combinations for the kiddies, but the Eevee/Squirtle thing could have been much better.
Then again it was one of those last minute things. Sure she could have used one of her old techniques, but you have to admit, young children can be amused very easily. :P

Yamato-san
23rd July 2006, 8:57 AM

Like this?

Haruka: "Zenigame, Withdraw! Eievui, Shadow Ball!"

[Zenigame goes into its shell, Eievui fires a Shadow Ball into a hole on its shell at point-blank range. Black smoke bursts out from every opening on the shell.]

Chidzuru: "Uh... is it alright?"

Haruka: "Heh heh... of course it is. ^^"

Chidzuru: "It isn't moving... and is that blood dripping out of its shell?"

Haruka: "^^' Oh... well... uh... XD that's just your imagination! Hey, look over there!" [quickly punts the lifeless shell off the screen while the children are distracted]

me: "Best... episode... EVER!!!"

But since that didn't happen... uh... I don't have much to comment on. Nice to see Heigani return to assist in Takeshi no Paradise XD, and I too noticed every one of Satoshi's Pokemon was used in this episode (the same could be said of Haruka, but sadly, Wakashamo couldn't make an appearance -_-). As for the rest of the episode, it was pretty cute (and might I say, Perap seems to really fit its namesake in those bits with Anri), but nothing to write home about.

The Big Al
23rd July 2006, 9:09 AM
LOL you've got a wicked sense of humor Yamato-san. Let's stuff Perap in with Squirtle so we can both die happy. Maybe even Aipom if there's room. Well, it get's rear handed to it next week so that doesn't matter.

Porygandrew
23rd July 2006, 2:20 PM
I hate Perap now. I used to like it, now it's just friggin' annoying.

Anyone else think Ash was a punk? I mean at the end Team Rocket was retreating already and they had blasted off earlier, so why kick a dog when it's down and make a cheap, back-handed attack like that to poor dustox?

And actually when that first started, my first thought was, "That stage's too small and the hospital kids are too close for a pokemon battle. It's too dangerous for them to be that close."
Then I remembered I was watching Pokemon and that common sense doesn't apply.

Gravy
23rd July 2006, 6:54 PM
Anyone else think Ash was a punk? I mean at the end Team Rocket was retreating already and they had blasted off earlier, so why kick a dog when it's down and make a cheap, back-handed attack like that to poor dustox?
Beating up moths in front of little kids makes you feel like a big man!

Oh Yamato-San. Your unbridled hatred of Squirtle never fails to amuse. And many an Ecks Dee was had by all :p

So am I the only one to be slightly disturbed by the fact that the children's hospital had some pretty dire standards?
I mean, think about it. While the nurse was checking up on sickly-little-girl, Random the Perap flutters in through the window. And she seemed to be completely content with this assumedly wild bird prancing around in the same room as a sick child. Now, we all know it belonged to someone, but she didn't. So apparantly in the Pokémon World, it's OK to let wild critters enter a hospital? Pokémon World medical staff roolz!

When all I had to judge this ep by was a preview revealing very few details, it didn't seem like Perap was going to do anything remotely musical. Which, needless to say, would have been a little awkward considering it's got a quaver for a head. So I was pleasently surprised to see it perform that...uhh...rap...thingie.
Bah, but enough of that. The main thing is, in a bizzare twist of fate, I actually found myself smiling at the colorful bird's antics. So it's all good.

CyberCubed
23rd July 2006, 7:03 PM
Like this?

Haha.

In any case though, the Eevee/Squirtle thing really makes you want to see double appeals during the next Contest arc.

It'll be one of the best ways to keep the appeals fresh and interesting, two Pokemon playing off one another with their attacks. Let's hope the writers realize this.

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd July 2006, 7:09 PM
Beating up moths in front of little kids makes you feel like a big man!

Kids love violence, Ash was making it entertaining!

And Cybercubed, great idea! So, anyone know if Perap has the same voice actor as the movie one?

Chatsy
23rd July 2006, 8:57 PM
Yeah, it's such a lovely paradox that sick little children at a hospital are amused at watching creatures beat the crap out of eachother.
Though, one must admit that it's the perfect place to fight, eh? Not so far from getting aid and whatnot.

Of course, a Pokémon Center would've been more suitable...

Juputoru
25th July 2006, 9:35 PM
Commentary! Yay!

-Summary of the first seven minutes: Perap's cute, the comedy act DOES sound like a sort of rapping, another boss fantasy, blah blah blah.
-Oh noze! Salesmen!
-HOLY **** THOSE BEANBAG THINGS LAUGH WHEN SQUEEZED THAT'S CREEPY ;;
-Jessie and James cannnot make decent CREEPY BEANBAG THING laugh recordings. No wonder Ash-tachi are freaked out.
-Wakanatwo wants one? NO! DON'T FALL FOR THE TRAP OF A LAUGHTRACK! They're CORNY! D:
-Perap copied the laughing. MAKE THE IT STOP MAKE THE CREEPY LAUGHING STOP.
-Oh noze the beanbags exploded and killed everyone...er, created a smokescreen that allowed TR to get Perap.
-...odd musical cue right there...
-IT CARRIED OVER TO THE MOTTO? ;_;
-The Meowth baloon took off diagonally? Must be the wind or pehaps a blatent defiation of the LAWS OF PHYSICS.
-Perap's adorable even when it's been stolen and doesn't care. "Manene!" "Ma-nene!" "Sou~nansu!" "Sounansu!"
-TR's blasted off and OH GOD THE LAUGHING BEAN BAGS ARE FALLING AND LAUGHING.
-Perap's cute when it talks.
-Perap ran...er, flew...away! OH NOZE!
-Perap's habit of repeating what people are saying even when it's flying away is ADORABLE.
-Perap's random non-Wakanatwo-taught phrases might be a clue as to where it went? No way! 8O
-"Perap" can only be the first word in a sentence so many times before it starts to get repetitive.
-Perap flew into a random kid's room! STALKER BIRD!
-Must be a real quality hospital to let random birds in the room.
-Doctors that treat humans! Gasp!
-They fed it cookies? Chocolate chip cookies?! THE THING'S A COOKIE ADDICT! Or the cookies made it friends with the kids, but I like my explaination better. >:P
-Sick girl with teal hair:PERAP'S GOT AN OWNER? WAH THAT'S NOT FAIR ;; *emos* Other kids:You're a Pokemon comedian? Coooooooooooool. :o
-Pokemon show! YAY!
-Clapping ensues. Except for the kids with broken arms. And a random ungrateful brat in the front row stage left and another in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat.
-Sick girl's covered up her face with a blanket! Gasp!
-Music starts. Girl peeks out from under covers.
-La la la la la la nante suteki na, la la la la la la (heiheihei!) moji no (heiheihei!) narabi! Heigani Takeshi no Paradise!
-Max sweatdrops, girl is back under covers. Obvious decisions.
-Symphonic Medley starts! Girl peeks out from covers again! IS THERE A SINGER IN THE HOUSE THAT'S NOT TAKESHI FOR ONCE?
-Ash, Pikachu, and the Horrific Bowties present...a Pikachu running along the top of a rolling Donphan!
-The girl got up! GASHP!
-Pikachu fell off! The kids laugh! Yaaay!
-Max teleports from the girl's windowside to stage and simotaniously aquires a Horrific Bowtie of his own, along with a bowl of Pokemon food and a Gonbe to catch it as he throws it.
-The girl went outside! Max offers her the Pokemon food, not to eat but to throw at Gonbe, which she does.
-TEH GURL LAFFED ZOMG. And by now the ungrateful brat in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat is clapping, thus removing the "ungrateful" label.
-May has a Horrific Bowtie too!
-May does her appeal using two Pokemon, and would have gotten a 8.9 in her appeal if not for the fact that using two Pokemon is not allowed. Oh, and it makes sparklies that amuse the kids and all that.
-The kid in the front row one seat left of the stage right-most seat looks vaguely like Sabrina. O_o
-More fashion disaster! Wakanatwo has a Slightly Less Horrific Bowtie, Jail Attire Socks, high boots, and a red top hot.
-OH GOD THE BEANBAGS ARE BACK
-Another motto! With proper music this time!
-NOBODY KNOWS HOW TO DRESS IN THIS EP. DX AND THE BOWTIES! @_@
-Sounansu has a bowtie too. XD
-Ash-tachi have magically changed out of their horrendous outfits!
-Except for Wakanatwo.
-Kids: ":O"
-Musashi and Meowth hit James with fans! OLD SCHOOL KANTO STYLE FTW! :D
-Polka o Dolka music!
-Cacnea gives James a painful hug. The children LAUGH. Clearly they enjoy seeing others in pain.
-Cacnea falls off the rotating paper umbrella thing and is knocked out. What a pushover!
-Max makes a comment. TR IS NOT AMUSED. Cacnea is staying put with swirly eyes.
-OMG DUSTOX LIVES
-Jukain knocks back Dustox with a Generic Contact Move(since I can't tell waht it actually is. Probably Quick Attack). The kids are impressed. They DO enjoy seeing others in pain! Sadists!
-Jukain gets into *** Kicking Mode Deluxe once the kids start cheering for it. Jukain - It does it for the CHILDREN.
-TR:"Ohshit." Perap:"Huh? What's going on again?"
-Cacnea is sent out to battle again, but...it's still knocked out! Lawl!
-Dustox managed to deflect Jukain's Bullet Seed somewhat? Whoa.
-PERAP IZ FREE. And probably still has no clue what's going on. That bird dun care who it's with!
-But it Pecks Meowth at Wakanatwo's command. And then mimics the "itai nya itai nya!"s Meowth says. XD
-THE KIDS LAUGH ONCE MORE. God they love seeing other beings in pain too much.
-Ahaha TR started to fly away without Dustox. That symbolizes something, and you KNOW it.
-Poor Dustox is Leaf Bladed by Jukain. Despite it currently doing nothing but trying to catch up with the fleeing TR. Jee Ash, trying to entertain the kids even MORE with the pain of LIVING CREATURES?
-Oh, he was just helping it catch up to TR's balloon. Which BLOWS UP once Dustox hits it.
-Yana! Yana! Yana! Yana! YANA KANJI!
-So so so so sooooounansu!
-And the girl gives Wakanatwo a tin of the cookies Perap always liked. SWEET! In the "mmm, cookie" way. Dammit, now I want cookies.
-Moral of this story:Pain amuses children.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
27th August 2006, 6:57 PM
I'm sorry, but in that episode Perappu's continually repeating things was NOT funny, just plain annoying. Much like Team Rocket.

ハルカ and ゴンベ
27th August 2006, 7:26 PM
I'm sorry, but in that episode Perappu's continually repeating things was NOT funny, just plain annoying. Much like Team Rocket.

So? It wasn't the only thing that was meant to be funny, And you probably didn't laugh at the Jokes because you don't understand japanese o_O

CrimsonX
27th August 2006, 7:30 PM
So? It wasn't the only thing that was meant to be funny, And you probably didn't laugh at the Jokes because you don't understand japanese o_O

lol. Perap's repeating things did get on my nerves a little though

ハルカ and ゴンベ
27th August 2006, 7:42 PM
lol. Perap's repeating things did get on my nerves a little though

The repeating didn't bother me...The fact that Perap sounds like a duck stuck in a blender did...`-`

chriswilliam92
12th September 2006, 2:04 AM
We will most likely get an english name for perap soon because battle frontier has just started to continue in the US so I'm expecting an english name before the episode premiers.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
12th September 2006, 9:33 PM

Did I actually say that it was the only thing that I believed to be funny? Didn't think so...

Not a fan of this bird anyway.

Anyone 4 Buttons?
12th September 2006, 9:34 PM

Did I actually say that it was the only thing that I thought was meant to be funny? Didn't think so...

Not a fan of this bird anyway.

Raikou95
13th December 2006, 1:44 PM
if Perap doesnt have an english name yet,will the name in the english episode just be Perap?

Dreamcoat
13th December 2006, 2:35 PM
if Perap doesnt have an english name yet,will the name in the english episode just be Perap?
How the heck are we supposed to know?

Myzou
13th December 2006, 2:57 PM

The new episodes will probably stop this week, if you notice, they convieniently scheduled it so that Perap would air on monday, in other words, bvefore any shinou pokemon were introduced. Chances are, they wanna at least advertise pearl/diamond first.

EDIT: New Rank! Must get new one, this one has Mr. Mime on it... Eww >.<

mewfan1
13th December 2006, 4:47 PM
When is this gonna air in the US?
And anyway, how could they release this without releasing Perap's english name?

chriswilliam92
14th December 2006, 1:32 AM
When is this gonna air in the US?
And anyway, how could they release this without releasing Perap's english name?

If anything, they''l release the english name between tomorrow and sunday. I won't be suprised if cartoonnetwork doesn't show new episodes next week and shows one new episode every saturday like they used to. I really think this since we are getting close to the DP season.

Knight_Ram
15th December 2006, 8:08 PM
I just read on the main site and it said the 13Th of NEXT YEAR!! But I'm sure its because they are just looking for a name for the Pokémon or something...unless Perap is its actuall name.

Serebii
15th December 2006, 8:10 PM
I just read on the main site and it said the 13Th of NEXT YEAR!! But I'm sure its because they are just looking for a name for the Pokémon or something...unless Perap is its actuall name.
No, its because they have stopped airing on weekdays and they have to catch up on Weekends. It has already been dubbed

Hikozaru
15th December 2006, 10:32 PM
Hey guys im sorta new but i'm really excited because i realized in 9 or 10 more eps it'll be the D/P series!!!!!!!! (Note: D/P series start on the 470th ep i think wich is in 9 or 10 eps!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Hikozaru
15th December 2006, 10:32 PM
Hey guys im sorta new but i'm really excited because i realized in 9 or 10 more eps it'll be the D/P series!!!!!!!! (Note: D/P series start on the 470th ep i think wich is in 9 or 10 eps!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Knight_Ram
16th December 2006, 12:11 AM
No, its because they have stopped airing on weekdays and they have to catch up on Weekends. It has already been dubbed

So does that mean they have dubbed the new names for the Pokémon too?! I hope so. It will be real cool then.

Greninja VI
16th December 2006, 3:14 AM
Me: I can't wait... I love perap.
Perap: I love Perap
Me: WHO SAID THAT?!... Jk

TogeticTheRuler
16th December 2006, 8:51 PM
Cool, I can`t stand the wait, if its been dubbed, then we should be getting all or some more english names, I DON`T WANT a long period of time where they stop airing new episodes for english names ( Since they started airing new eps on weekdays, I thought they were trying to race against the japanese airing ^ ^)

TheBuddyBud
17th December 2006, 12:48 AM
No new pokemon episodes next week

Instead its gonna be those stupid cartoon network christmas specials

Nintendo_6444
17th December 2006, 12:49 AM
Wait till the 26th... Then maybe more Pokemon.

CyberCubed
17th December 2006, 12:54 AM
No new pokemon episodes next week

Instead its gonna be those stupid cartoon network christmas specials

It should have been obvious. They're not going to rush through the last 11 eps of BF.

Swirling Squirtle
17th December 2006, 6:01 PM
Cool, I can`t stand the wait, if its been dubbed, then we should be getting all or some more english names, I DON`T WANT a long period of time where they stop airing new episodes for english names ( Since they started airing new eps on weekdays, I thought they were trying to race against the japanese airing ^ ^)

that's exactly what i thought, and i started laughing becasue we were ctaching up fast, but now they have 2 episodes per week instead of one now, and now we have to wait ntil jan 13.. :(

TogeticTheRuler
30th December 2006, 12:00 AM
Aw :( Oh well, at least were still getting 2 new episodes a week, and were only about 6 months behind I think instead of a year.

Dragon Sire
6th January 2007, 2:19 PM
9:17 now in Gerogia of the US. The new episode airs in 13 minuets. Finally we will know what the new name of Perappu is.

kinglax
6th January 2007, 2:23 PM
I bet it is chatot!

Dragon Sire
6th January 2007, 2:32 PM
It is! it is Chatot! Serebii 1 and doubters 0

kinglax
6th January 2007, 2:33 PM
It IS chatot!

CharizardMaster
6th January 2007, 2:33 PM
Yep its a Chatot, officially.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th January 2007, 2:40 PM
PARROTS DON'T SOUND LIKE THAT! My poor EARS!

Is Ada/Audrey the first nicknamed character we've had?

Also, the HELL is that routine? That's not comedy! That's not even tragedy!

Dragon Sire
6th January 2007, 2:44 PM
I don't know about you, but they pretty good job impersonating a parrot to me. I doubt they could use a real parrot as a viable voice actor anyway. As for your ears, you should turn down your T.V. because it is not bothering my ears at all.

Nathan Madien
6th January 2007, 2:47 PM
I thought this was an amusing episode to sorta break Americans into the upcoming release of Diamond and Pearl. Chatot sounded exactly what it was supposed to sound like: a parrot.

I have one question though: when Brock is doing his little song, is that supposed to be a translation of the Japanese version or is it just made up English lyrics?

mangod/pikachu
6th January 2007, 2:48 PM
Chattot is a REALLY weird Pokemon. hmm Nice to see some new Pokemon showing up here in the U.S. finally. I prefer Perap a lot though.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th January 2007, 2:55 PM
Chatot sounded exactly what it was supposed to sound like: a parrot.

Doesn't sound like any parrot I've ever heard. For starters--and pretty much every show does this for reasons I've never been able to fathom--parrots *don't* squawk before speaking. At least not all the time like Chatot did.

WaterDragon trainer
6th January 2007, 2:55 PM
This episode was great. Chatot was pretty cool. The Boss Fantasy was pretty funny. Brock's performance was weird. It was kinda funny how Dustox spiralled to explode TR's balloon.

Korobooshi Kojiro
6th January 2007, 2:57 PM
The jokes were really close too the Japanese version.

Also, nothing beats violence!

MISTYFAN4EVER8887
6th January 2007, 2:58 PM
I loved Chatot in this episode! It sounded like a real parrot!

Serebii and celibi
6th January 2007, 2:58 PM
that was the most funniest episode ever i liked the rap that was funny.

shiney mew
6th January 2007, 3:01 PM
I hardly ever even watch the anime anymore, but I got up early just to see this episode! Chatot was just too cute! I want one! ^o^

Chattot is a REALLY weird Pokemon.

Of course. Parrots can be pretty weird, but that's part of why they're so interesting. ^_^

*~Water Lover~*
6th January 2007, 3:05 PM
that was the most funniest episode ever i liked the rap that was funny.

"Shake that tail baby!"
I want a Chatot. NOW. But I didn't really like how they pronounced it. Ch-tot. I pronounce it Cha-tot.

Blackjack Gabbiani
6th January 2007, 3:08 PM
I loved Chatot in this episode! It sounded like a real parrot!

I've never heard a parrot that sounded like that.

halloweenghost
6th January 2007, 3:09 PM
Was an ok episode.. better then some,... but to me wich was nice to see was pokedolls in the room in the hospitol... it's good to see those,.. you know if it were still in 4kids's hands they would have been taken out.

halloweenghost
6th January 2007, 3:10 PM
I've never heard a parrot that sounded like that.

everyone else seemed to have liked it..so... Sounded more like a mina bird to me :P

Serebii and celibi
6th January 2007, 3:10 PM
"pika pika use rock throw"no thats a rock type attack"*falls down*"pika pika use razor leaf"no that,s a grass type move"*falls down again* my gosh was that funny must have awoked everybody and make there day.

Eerie Fuwante
6th January 2007, 3:12 PM
It is! it is Chatot! Serebii 1 and doubters 0

You know, nobody likes a suck up.

Chatot is a meh name.

PERAPPU is BETTERU!!!

:p

Team Blast
6th January 2007, 3:13 PM
This episode was great. Chatot was pretty cool. The Boss Fantasy was pretty funny. Brock's performance was weird. It was kinda funny how Dustox spiralled to explode TR's balloon.
I agree. It was pretty funny.

chosen_one386
6th January 2007, 3:15 PM
Pretty funny filler. Chatot is really cute! The rap was the best! It was hilarious! XD!

PANCAKE
6th January 2007, 3:16 PM
Eh.... This was an ok episode. The more they said Chatot's name, the more it sunk in with me. I just think that NOA gave it horrible spelling. Chattot is a little eaiser on the eyes for me.

Quote of the episode: "Cacnea's dizzy without being blonde". It was so stupid it was funny.

Back when this aired in Japan, I was hoping for Ash would catch it . After hearing that awful word mimicing, and I thought Mime Jr. was bad, I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

Yawwwwwwn. 4 out of 10 from me. They could have thought of a better story to debut Chatot in after the new Pokemon drought.

-PANCAKE-

Edit: Speaking of the pokedolls 4kids used to remove (if that is true)... Was Chatot REALLY eating cookies, or were they originally rice balls?

Pika Hikari KT
6th January 2007, 4:03 PM
I'm pretty sure those were indeed cookies. If they were edited in, they'd look horribly, horribly fake.>_>

Swirling Squirtle
6th January 2007, 4:11 PM
awww man i missed it!!, trhat seemed to be a really good episode as i have read soo far lol

YuKingMenoko
6th January 2007, 6:02 PM
Wow Chatot imitating Wobbuffet made my week. and it was good to see Dustox get some airtime. So-so epi pretty funny.

YuKingMenoko
6th January 2007, 6:02 PM
Wow Chatot imitating Wobbuffet made my week. and it was good to see Dustox get some airtime. So-so epi pretty funny.

S.Suikun
6th January 2007, 6:39 PM
I'm not fond off the way Chatot was pronounced. I've been saying "CHAT-it" because it sounds more like "parrot" than "Chat-TOT" does. The emphasis on "Tot" annoys me because it implies that Chatot is a baby. I mean, I'm not one to argue with PUSA about their pronounciations (They cleared up the whole Bonsly fiasco, after all), but I think "CHAT-it" rolls a lot better, quite frankly.

Also, Carina's voice annoyed the crap out of me. She sounded like an even more obnoxious Lisa Ortiz.

CyberCubed
6th January 2007, 6:52 PM
Am I the only one who thought this ep was nearly as bad as the giant Butterfree ep from early BF?

The only thing I liked about this episode was the Sceptile Vs. Dustox battle at the end. Some of Chatot's lines were funny, but not enough to save the episode.

S.Suikun
6th January 2007, 7:00 PM
Am I the only one who thought this ep was nearly as bad as the giant Butterfree ep from early BF?
No, but then again, I never thought the Butterfree episode was all that bad in the first place. I think "Sitting Psyduck", "Aipom and Circumstance", and next week's episode are bigger atrocities, personally.

CabbyFish
6th January 2007, 7:02 PM
Eh.... This was an ok episode. The more they said Chatot's name, the more it sunk in with me. I just think that NOA gave it horrible spelling. Chattot is a little eaiser on the eyes for me.

Quote of the episode: "Cacnea's dizzy without being blonde". It was so stupid it was funny.

Back when this aired in Japan, I was hoping for Ash would catch it . After hearing that awful word mimicing, and I thought Mime Jr. was bad, I wouldn't be able to stomach it.

Yawwwwwwn. 4 out of 10 from me. They could have thought of a better story to debut Chatot in after the new Pokemon drought.

-PANCAKE-

Edit: Speaking of the pokedolls 4kids used to remove (if that is true)... Was Chatot REALLY eating cookies, or were they originally rice balls?

I believe those were cookies in the original.

The episode was pretty good. Chatot was pretty cool imitating everything everyone said just like a real parrot. Ada (if that's spelled right) makes a very good comedian imo. "Pika Pika, use rock throw!" "That's a rock type attack!" LOL! I wonder who did Chatot's voice? It was very well played indeed.

CyberCubed
6th January 2007, 7:05 PM
No, but then again, I never thought the Butterfree episode was all that bad in the first place. I think "Sitting Psyduck", "Aipom and Circumstance", and next week's episode are bigger atrocities, personally.

Heh, funnily enough I think those three episodes are much better than this one and the giant Butterfree ep. Go figure.

ShinyManafi
6th January 2007, 7:37 PM
Preety good, some of the lines were funny, and last battle was alright, at least I don't have to question then name Chatot anymore >.>

ThaKang
6th January 2007, 7:43 PM
I need help, I had the idea to stay up all night until it came on, but then my da told me i should try to go to sleep. so i did and my alarm woke me up for aipom and circumstances. so thought maybe i can lay my head down for a second. then woke up and fosters was on. so can somebody please tell me what happened on this episode? it hasn't been updated on serebii.net yet.

peace out cuz cuz

Serebii
6th January 2007, 8:13 PM
I'm not fond off the way Chatot was pronounced. I've been saying "CHAT-it" because it sounds more like "parrot" than "Chat-TOT" does. The emphasis on "Tot" annoys me because it implies that Chatot is a baby. I mean, I'm not one to argue with PUSA about their pronounciations (They cleared up the whole Bonsly fiasco, after all), but I think "CHAT-it" rolls a lot better, quite frankly.

Also, Carina's voice annoyed the crap out of me. She sounded like an even more obnoxious Lisa Ortiz.
To be fair, when I announced the name originally, I did say how it was pronounced.

PANCAKE
6th January 2007, 9:09 PM
I can't believe that silly bird actually did a rap. Fingers pointing, arms crossed and everything...heh! It even did a dookey booty dance and shook it's butt! Thats probably gonna tick some people off who wanted to keep Parrap as it's name insted of Chatit errrr... Chatot.

Shiny Ho-Oh
6th January 2007, 9:16 PM
I didn't really like this episode exept that Chatot was in it

asia_catdog_blue
6th January 2007, 9:25 PM
I am getting sick of rap. It's all I hear from my cousins. Hear that rap crap in the episode totally lost me. And is this the second time I see a human hospital in the Pokemon World.

Strangely, I wanted to hear Chatot say it's name. or sqawk.

Medea
6th January 2007, 9:50 PM

No, I'm right behind you.

I wasn't too fond of this episode (either version for that matter). Perap (or Chatot) was VERY annoying (even though it was indeed a cute thing)

The only thing that was kind of cute was the rap and that's all I can really comment on.

Oh and Brock's little song and dance thing kinda sucked.

Darkness Angel
6th January 2007, 10:20 PM
Will catch this one whenever it reairs

Hikarii
6th January 2007, 10:45 PM
I liked this episode.. ^^; I think Sarah Natochenny has gotten a LOT better doing Ash's voice. Don't know what else to say, except that the "rap" was really close to the original.

By the way, when has Takeshi's Paradise been sung before? I forgot, and I want to know if they kept the lyrics 4kids used for that one. Wait, am I making any sense?

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it. XD I'll go listen and compare.

Gravy
6th January 2007, 10:56 PM
So, apart from the apparant generic cartoon parrot voice Perap was given for it's speaking role, what voice did it use when it wasn't talking human? Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?

Wendigo
6th January 2007, 11:11 PM
I'm trying to see when this episode is coming on. Damn it, I woke up at the wrong time.

So Chatot had the generic parrot voice? They should've had it with a voice like a DYH Amazon Parrot. They sound like Mario Cantone with Tourette's. XD

Legendary Raikou
6th January 2007, 11:42 PM
This was a pretty good episode! Exept I fell asleep like 10 minutes before it was over because I was so tired and I don't even remember falling a sleep haha! But at least ill be able to catch the last 10 minutes of it next Saturday. But overall Chatot was a cool Pokemon!

PANCAKE
7th January 2007, 2:00 AM
So, apart from the apparant generic cartoon parrot voice Perap was given for it's speaking role, what voice did it use when it wasn't talking human? Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?

Oh hell. I erased it off my DVR cause I thought it was a dredful episode. To be honest dude, there really never was a time it sat alone without someone talking and it repeating. I think it just kept saying the last thing over and over again till someone else got it goin.

Gah! I was hoping someone would give Chaot a cracker without water to wash it down.

RageKaiser
7th January 2007, 7:06 AM
Did they keep it's japanese bootleg Noctwol 'Rururururu!', or did they stick with the squawks?

In her flashback when Chatot first ran off, when she first released it from it's Pokeball, I could've swarn it had it's japanese voice, But i'm not entirely sure.

Anyways, I did enjoy this episode alot. Yay dubbed Takeshi's Paradise (Yet they couldn't have kept the music for when Rocket-dan was on stage or the symphonic medly..>\) Chatot's voice did kinda annoy me at first but It grew on me

Chatot pecking Meowth in the original version Chatot copied "Itai Itai Itai Itai"
But I think I prefered it in the English version, and Meowth's response "Hey! I don't sound like that!" and Chatot's "Yes you do!" Made me Lol

I gave the Japanese version a 9/10
and this one a 7.5/10

Btw, Ash's voice has gotten alot better by now.

Sato
7th January 2007, 2:20 PM
Ok, this episode wasn't bad... However, I despised the rapping... And I was not pleased with Takeshi no Paradise. Whatever happened to the 4Kids lyrics? They were better than that! >_>;;

4Kids Lyrics:
So la la la, look at my smiling face!
Oh there are lots of girls, I'm in my happy place!
So la la la, this is my paradise! Oh live on!
O~ Le~ Yeah~ Yo~ Huh~

PUSA Lyrics:
La la la la la la, I kinda like this song!
La la la la la la, Why don't you sing along?
La la la la la la, I sing my, la la la, for the girls!
For~ The~ Girls! Yeah! Hmmm...

Geodude
7th January 2007, 2:25 PM
I liked Chatot's voice, sounding like a stereotypical parrot was appropriate. And the "I don't talk like dat!" "Yes you do!" scene was funny too. XD

FlamingRuby
7th January 2007, 4:01 PM
"For the Girls' did make sense considering Brock's audience...but "My lovely ones" would've been better

old guard truthseeker
7th January 2007, 4:46 PM
"For the Girls' did make sense considering Brock's audience...but "My lovely ones" would've been better

Brock was singing to young children, and my understanding is these lyrics were closer to the Japanese lyrics as well.

Dax
7th January 2007, 4:52 PM
I didn't like Chatot, he was annoying and I never laughed in the episode. It was a fun episode but I don't want to see Chatot

Sato
7th January 2007, 9:07 PM
Brock was singing to young children, and my understanding is these lyrics were closer to the Japanese lyrics as well.

Actually, the only part of the lyrics closer to the Japanese version are the "La la la la la la" bits he never said anything about liking the song or singing along in the Japanese version. It's all about the pretty girls, which is what 4Kids lyrics were about.

O~ NE~ E~ SA~ N~

R_N
7th January 2007, 10:17 PM
Was it me, or was Brock's little song ruined?
Its been a while since I've heared, but it sounded horrible this time around.

RageKaiser
7th January 2007, 10:43 PM
Was it me, or was Brock's little song ruined?
Its been a while since I've heared, but it sounded horrible this time around.

Would you rather not hear it at all? I'm thankful that they kept Takeshi's Paradise in the dub.

Cobalt_Latios
8th January 2007, 12:33 AM
Okay, first things first, Chatot was pretty funny. Though when not copying people's "quotes" it sounded like Pidgey(though someone did mention Noctowl and now that i think about it Noctowl sounds more appropriate). The episode wasnt bad at all, i think it's one of the better BF filler episodes in a while. IMO, May's little part with the "contest" thingy could have been slightly longer. Since it did sort of look like a mini fireworks display, maybe they could have done about five or six of those at varying strengths. Would have been cool.

Also, when Ash and co. first meet Chatot they pronounces it as : Chat-ot, whereas when Aida(i think that's her name) seems him she pronounces it: Cha-tot.

The whole storyline was pretty clever and actually made the whole cast seem intelligent for once!(Well you hopefully understand what i meant by that). It would have been good to see Chatot using another attack than Peck, but actually having it attack was good enough.

The voices, oh my god. Great! They have now reached near greatness. Im not sure when it was, but if the voice actors continue to keep up this work, then for sure they'll do great as replacements(Meowth on the other hand, is sort of starting to irritate me).

One thing bugs me: When Ash's Sceptile uses Leaf Blade on Dustox, it spins and hits the balloon, causing it to explode. I would have thought that it would just puncture the balloon.

Otherwise a pretty good episode. I once had the opportunity to see the japanese version, but i didnt bother. This one is alright.

(note: i forgot to mention a few other things, but when i rewatch it, i'll bring them back here.)

edit: I dont know if anyone else noticed this, but Chatot's voice sounded somewhat similar to the doctor's voice. I dont think it's even near correct, but that's what it sounded like to me.

9/10.

~C_L~

Korobooshi Kojiro
8th January 2007, 12:49 AM
One thing bugs me: When Ash's Sceptile uses Leaf Blade on Dustox, it spins and hits the balloon, causing it to explode. I would have thought that it would just puncture the balloon.

Elm's First Law: Everything AND anything will and can explode. This includes moths, bubbles, and psychotic flytraps.

RageKaiser
8th January 2007, 1:06 AM
Elm's First Law: Everything AND anything will and can explode. This includes moths, bubbles, and psychotic flytraps.

Don't forget the fact that some things may explode for absolutly no reason at all.

Burnt Naetoru
8th January 2007, 2:57 AM
Its an okay ep, I'm really waiting for the Weavile episode though.

Shift
8th January 2007, 3:14 AM
I liked the episode okay. Of course, I question if what they were dioing can actually be called "rap", but it was entertaining enough. As far as it's voice goes, the only time I noticed Chatot using what sounds like a Noctowl call was when it flew away in the flashback.

On a related note, the credits gave witness to the return of the ambiguous Matt Mitler (he was also in the first season credits). Does anyone have any idea who this guy is?

Gravy
8th January 2007, 4:54 PM
I don't get Perap. Certain elements of it's behavior make it seem sentient, such as specific points in that 'comedy' routine and the fact that it was aware of the children's plight, while other aspects seem to contradict this. If Perap is able to imitate and memorise human speech, why can't it communicate with humans on it's own?

In her flashback when Chatot first ran off, when she first released it from it's Pokeball, I could've swarn it had it's japanese voice, But i'm not entirely sure.
I've seen the episode now, so I can tell you that it certainly wasn't it's japanese voice, but they had the voice actor try and imitate it~ Works for me.

Also, I'd like to mention that the name 'Chatot' sounds a hell of lot less painful after you've heard it for a full 20 minutes.

Dax
8th January 2007, 5:17 PM
The name Chatot is horrible for me and the Pokemon too. It was so annoying. I didn't like the episode I didn't even paid attention to the episode. It was boring.

I always wanted Chatot to be called Blabird

Opal Pikachu13
9th January 2007, 5:04 AM
I liked this episode. Chatot was really funny, the quotes I liked was when Meowth said "I don't talk like that!" and Chatot responded, "Yes you do!", and the comedy routine it did with Ada, "Shake that tail, baby!", "How about a Razor Leaf, baby?", lol. Brock bringing back the Takeshi's Paradise song was pretty good too. Even though it was a filler, it was good, I give this a 9.5/10.

wobbanut
9th January 2007, 5:34 AM
I wasn't too sure about this episode. The chatot was probably the thing I liked best about the episode. Almost every time it opened its mouth it had me cracking up. I loved its imitations of Wobbuffet and Mime Jr. especially. I also LOVED this dialogue:

-- Meowth: "Hey, dat's a sharp beak ya got!"
Chatot: "Dat's a sharp beak ya got."
Meowth: "I don't talk like that!"
Chatot: "Yes you do." :D

Otherwise, I wasn't overly impressed with the episode. Seeing Brock do "Takeshi in Paradise" again was a hoot, and I loved Max commenting on Brock's one-track mind, and James telling the twerps that Jessie's in therapy made me LOL, but otherwise the episode wasn't great. At least it was an opportunity to see another pokemon from the next generation, the first one not showcased already in the eighth movie, though.

Overall, 6/10. At least the weavile episode next week looks promising.

Kamen Rider Kabuto
9th January 2007, 5:37 AM
I missed it V_V,
When did it come on and when will it rerun??

And I heard somenoe say Peraps US name is Chatot, Please tell me whoever told me that lied

Knight_Ram
9th January 2007, 5:50 AM
It is called Chatot, well thats the English name for it. And well I didn't really like this episode, too sad. You know? Sick kids just makes me all guilty of being a healthy person. And being more lucky.

But Yeah, It was kind of a boring episode really. The only good bit was watching Brock dance and sing for "The Ladies" Lol... Hes one funny dude. For the introduction of a Shinou Pokémon, and a introduction of any of them, it seemed pretty average since the only thing was the Chatot was caring and that was all... nothing else after that. 5/10

Hopefully this next episode does better.

Kamen Rider Kabuto
9th January 2007, 5:54 AM
That is a terible name for it compare to Perap, But what was the episode about??

Knight_Ram
9th January 2007, 6:26 AM
I think you should find out on www.tv.com It should have what you want to know. But it was pretty much A girl who was in a comedy duo with her Chatot and the Pokémon would always fly away and the gang and the girl just found out that the Pokémon was always visiting the hospital and cheering up sick kids and stuff. Thats pretty much it.

uber gon
9th January 2007, 6:32 AM
Anyone notice that a lot of characters in the BF saga are going to Johto?

Knight_Ram
9th January 2007, 7:54 AM
Well it is probably the place to be at the moment lol. Kind of wondering why it just 'has' to be in Johto.

Kamen Rider Kabuto
9th January 2007, 8:12 AM
Well a return to Johto doesn't really seem so bad, We haven't seen it in years, I mean their already back in Kanto for the Battle Fronteir (Although I prefer the idea of it being a artificial Island off of Hoenn)

uber gon
10th January 2007, 7:46 AM
Then who wants to bet the next filler saga will take place in Johto?

Knight_Ram
10th January 2007, 9:24 AM
Not me. I hope we don't go back there, a part of me wants them to go back for some quick battles at the Johto League. But I doubt it. Anyway, It does seem a little funny how that comedy thing just happens to be in the Johto Region.

uber gon
11th January 2007, 4:07 AM
How so? Cause I don't get it.

TheBuddyBud
13th January 2007, 1:06 PM
Chatot is the worst excuse for a pokemon name translation ever

Can anybody tell me what's so wrong with Perap? Of course, it's not like anybody can answer that

Darkness Angel
13th January 2007, 2:46 PM
after finally seeing it I didn't really care for it.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2007, 2:55 PM
Chatot is not a "translation".

TogeticTheRuler
13th January 2007, 3:02 PM
How was there comedy act routine funny? I thought they were gonna do some corny rap though.

-Sonansu!-
15th January 2007, 7:31 PM
Chatot is the worst excuse for a pokemon name translation ever

Can anybody tell me what's so wrong with Perap? Of course, it's not like anybody can answer that

Are you kidding? Chatot is a perfectly good name. It's cute and straight to the point. Plus it chats, it doesn't rap at all.

The name Perap sounds like a Bronx cheer to me (especially if you say it slowly). It's ugly and doesn't fit the Pokemon. The only reason Perap could conceivably fit is because its head is shaped like a music note, but that's not a good enough reason. It doesn't rap either so that's out.

Other than that, to stay on topic, I loved the episode, especially when Chatot imitated Meowth and ultimately ticked him off.

Jorah
15th January 2007, 9:54 PM
The episode was OK, but this filler wasn't as good as some of the others. Yeah, I know its a children's show but the girl wasn't funny...

Kenpachi
28th October 2008, 11:47 AM
Did Ada remind anyone else of Osaka from Azumanga Daioh?

Tadashi
28th October 2008, 10:21 PM
That Chatot is so cute!!! With that girl, they make a good comedy team ^^

You know what I was expecting to see, but didn't? A picnic scene. Yeah! What a surprise.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 9:18 PM
Ah this was a good episode. Finally another talking Pokemon that isn't Meowth. That is a sweet story about a girl in the hospital too.

Rommath
1st February 2009, 10:14 AM
The Chatot was okay, it was nice to see another talking Pokemon. Liked Aipom in this episode, and Meowth's antics.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 11:39 AM
it's rare to see talking pokemon so it was a nice change of pace, i enjoyed this episode i must say that.

Littlemyuu
21st June 2009, 10:53 PM
Nice to see an talking Chatot in the series...i loved it ^^

cg_25
24th June 2009, 3:51 PM
Yes, brock's happy song!

catzisconfus
14th August 2009, 8:09 PM
brock made me LOL

Rainbowdashtheawesome
7th September 2009, 7:32 PM
Call me a harsh critic, but I didn't find that comedy act very funny at all. You are the weakest link, goodbye.

Surfer_Dude
26th October 2009, 9:34 AM
Oh my god! Chatot is awesome!
He is a pretty funny pokemon

Lorde
26th October 2009, 9:35 AM
Call me a harsh critic, but I didn't find that comedy act very funny at all. You are the weakest link, goodbye.

That's because the jokes were difficult to translate for the American audiance.

I found this one quite dull despite it being Chatot's anime debut.

Combusken-94
26th October 2009, 4:38 PM
I liked this episode - not the best - but still pretty enjoyable. I thought the show at the end - with everyone helping out - was great.

Ash-kid
2nd December 2009, 10:18 AM
Great episode
I loved how Chatot acting, it is so cool
And Brock was funny....

Willow's Tara
30th May 2010, 11:59 PM
I didn't find it that stupid, Chatot is the one who made up what probably would have been a boring episode otherwise. I liked how Chatot would repeat them, it's nice for it to visit the hospital.

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 1:40 PM
Nice to see a new pokemon revealed... and a unique one as well

Painkiller2001
17th January 2011, 5:40 PM
Are you kidding? Chatot is a perfectly good name. It's cute and straight to the point. Plus it chats, it doesn't rap at all.

The name Perap sounds like a Bronx cheer to me (especially if you say it slowly). It's ugly and doesn't fit the Pokemon. The only reason Perap could conceivably fit is because its head is shaped like a music note, but that's not a good enough reason. It doesn't rap either so that's out.

Other than that, to stay on topic, I loved the episode, especially when Chatot imitated Meowth and ultimately ticked him off.

I checked that after I read it.
I never noticed that before!

Anyway, This episode wasn't too great, in my opinion.
The only thing that saved it from complete and total suckage was Chatot itself. That bird was actually kind of cute and funny!
Oh, and I guess the all-too-brief Sceptile battle was good too.
My rating: (never given these before!) 3.5-4/10.

At least the next episode looks better.
Seeings how it has one of my newest favorite Pokemon in it.

G50
27th April 2011, 2:12 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Chatot for the 1st time. It was cool how it could imitate People's voices just like a parrot. It was cool to see the Gang, girl and the Chatot performing at the Hospital. The Boss fantasy about Gio and Chatot reading the newspaper together was funny. Chatot is really great entertaining the sick kids at the hospital. Brock looked hilarious in the costume and the mustache. That orange Polka-dot Bowtie was odd-looking.

19/100

TheEpicGoomba
27th May 2011, 2:31 PM
This episode was cool. Seeing another Sinnoh Pokemon was cool. Chatot was like a real Parrot by copying peoples voices. Glad to see Chatot entertaining the sick children. Brock was epic in this episode.

7/10

Vernikova
28th September 2012, 7:15 PM
Nothing too bad in this episode. The jokes were pretty bad but nothing much else to comment on here.

TheSirPeras
28th October 2012, 6:43 PM
Didn't really enjoy this episode :/ Just a typical filler. It was cool to see Chatot though

matt0044
26th July 2013, 4:41 PM
That title really describes the show when it comes to a lot of battles.

PokemontrainerY
13th December 2013, 11:50 AM
I enjoyed this episode. Seeing Chatot for the first time was nice, I liked how it could imitate other peoples voice. It's good to see Chatot entertaining the sick children at the hospital. Also, Ada was really cute!

Brock was hilarious in that costume and mustache, his 'dance' was funny. Sadly the children didn't seem to like it and thought it was awkward. Oh well, at least Ash and his Pokémon managed to make the children laugh.

Team Rocket were annoying as always. As usual, they got blasted off AGAIN!