PDA

View Full Version : Two quick questions: Macho Brace and EXP Share

Hoshi no Kabii
21st July 2006, 3:35 PM
I am just starting to grasp the concept of EVs, and I have a question. I want to EV train my Fearow in speed. I am attaching a Experience Share to it, and using my Swampert to defeat Golbats. My Swampert's EVs are maxed out. Does this mean, since Swampert does not gain any more EVs, my Fearow will also not get any?

My second question is about the Macho Brace. It lowers the speed of the pokemon holding it. Does this mean when it levels up, it is not gaining the speed it would be if the Brace were not attached? Or does it lower its speed just for the battle, like thunderwave? If so, by how much is its speed reduced?

starterlover1
21st July 2006, 3:39 PM
About the exp. share-Fearow will get the same amount of EV's it would have if it had battled the golbat itself. As for macho brace, I think it only lowers the speed in battle. ( Think about it, imagine training a pokemon in speed with the macho brace)

Nidogod
21st July 2006, 3:53 PM
Fearow will still get normal EVs from the Golbats. The Macho Brace cuts the speed that you would normally gain in half, and then all the speed can be regained when you take the brace off. No perminant stat loss.

pikachu146
21st July 2006, 3:54 PM
If a pokemon is holding a EXP share,and another pokemon is batlling and holding Macho brace,the pokemon holding EXP share only gets the normal EVs it would get.
macho brace only lowers your speed dring battle.Just like you were hit by 2 Scary faces or something like that.It can still EV train your speed,it won't reduce Speed EVs.

Hoshi no Kabii
21st July 2006, 4:18 PM
OK. I think I get it now.

So if my Swampert was holding the Macho Brace and Fearow the Exp.Share, Fearow would gain the normal two speed EVs.

What if if Fearow were holding the Macho Brace, was sent into battle, then switched out. Would it gain 4 EVs instead of the normal 2?

Strike!
21st July 2006, 5:30 PM
^ Yes it would.

Hoshi no Kabii
21st July 2006, 8:04 PM
Now I get it. Thank you. This may be closed.

Pokemonger49777
27th October 2006, 9:19 PM
Who would want a Fearow EV trained in speed? It's a bird, birds have very high speed!

kirkeastment
27th October 2006, 10:07 PM
dude this has got to be the 5th topic you've bumped that been on pages past 25

AiR BeN
27th October 2006, 10:22 PM
I am not mini-modding just pointing out,

Quote @kirkeastment - dude this has got to be the 5th topic you've bumped that been on pages past 25

Don't post unless it's related to the topic. Yeh, Macho Brace is a in-battle effect for the speed, I didn't know this 'till like a month ago lol.