PDA

View Full Version : Vaporeon/Flareon

Shiny_Milotic
22nd July 2006, 3:20 AM
Do you guys think that Vaporeon/Flareon are worth training for a competitive team?

What would good movesets be for them if they are?

matrix_Logic
22nd July 2006, 3:28 AM
Well pick what you want, but here are some good movesets. I would rather use a Vaporeon though.

FLAREON @ Salac Berry
Flash Fire

- Flail
- Endure/Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat

FLAREON @ Leftovers
Flash Fire

- Return
- Shadow Ball
- Curse
- Rest/Fire Blast

VAPOREON @ Leftovers
Water Absorb

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Toxic/Wish
- Roar/Rest

VAPOREON @ Leftovers
Water Absorb

- Surf
- Ice Beam/Substitute/Acid Armor/Wish
- Substitute/Acid Armor/Wish
- Baton Pass

Shiny_Milotic
22nd July 2006, 3:58 AM
Does Baton Pass pass on the Substitute?

Would these be okay sets?

FLAREON @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
- Curse
- Wish
- Return
- Fire Blast / Overheat ( I would use Overheat once, then switch out)

VAPOREON @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Wish
- Substitute / Acid Armor / Other?

What are good natures for these Pokemon, and all the other 'Eons?

Vaporeon I assume should be Modest
Ditto for Jolteon
Ditto for Espeon
Umbreon ... something that -Atk/Sp Atk
Flareon should .. +Atk, at least the way I would make it .. and ..

Jiggy37
22nd July 2006, 4:18 AM
Vaporeon is extremely worthwhile and is a counter to a higher number of awesome Pokemon than people seem to expect.
Swampert gets Roared out, Salamence gets Roared or Ice Beamed, Metagross (even CB Metagross) runs into an Acid Armor wall and then either Surfed until KOed, or if you have Substitute you could use Acid Armor one more time and get to the point where Metagross can't break Subs in one hit.
Dragon Dance Tyranitar gets Surfed or Roared out, Ninjask is utterly nullified (even if it starts with Protect and then BPs, whatever it BPs to is going to get Roared out anyway and lose the Speed Boost).
Substitute/Reversal versions of Blaziken and Heracross get Roared out, Endure/Reversal versions of Blaziken and Heracross are kind of countered also ("kind of" because they'll get a KO against one of your other Pokemon, but then Vaporeon comes in and Roars them away since they can't OHKO without a critical).
Snorlax with Curse gets matched (on a switch in) or outraced (when both come in at the same time) by Acid Armor and then Roared away or, again if you're using Sub, you could get to the point where Snorlax can't break a Sub in one hit.

Vaporeon
Bold
EVs: Max Defense, whatever amount of Speed you feel is necessary (I went to 198 Speed, but that's because I was on a BPing team with Jolteon to pass Agility around), rest in HP
Moves: Surf/Ice Beam, Acid Armor, Roar, Substitute/Baton Pass

Something like this is pretty cool, and has been decent when I've used it.

Flareon isn't quite as good, but it can be nice when paired with Vaporeon. The Acid Armor/Baton Pass moveset on Vaporeon helps a lot to protect Flareon against Rock or Ground attacks, and Water-types are going to be slightly hesitant to attack if they've already seen Vaporeon and know that you could switch to that to get healed. It's a risky game of prediction, though.

Shiny_Milotic
22nd July 2006, 4:34 AM
I think I will definitely use Vaporeon now .. with this moveset :D :

Surf
Roar
Substitute
Acid Armor

Do you know if there is a way to get Curse and Wish on the same Eevee?

Jiggy37
22nd July 2006, 4:41 AM
Every other answer:

-Yes, BP passes Substitute.

-Jolteon should be Timid or it's going to run into more problems than it should against the likes of Alakazam, Sceptile, Swellow, and Aerodactyl.

-Umbreon is well off when it increases either Defense or Special Defense, and whatever stat you drop is probably fine. It's not an attacker anyway, and dropping Speed can work really well if you wanted a Wish/Baton Pass user.
Also, if you want to get attack boosts on Flareon, you could try the setup where Umbreon uses Curse several times (and uses Taunt to prevent enemy Roars/Whirlwinds from stopping it), and then Baton Passes it off to Flareon, who's holding a White Herb that eliminates the Speed drop. Espeon could have fun with Shadow Ball too if you like.

-Espeon tends to work most effectively when either Speed or Special Defense is increased. Calm Mind turns Espy into a tank, so you could either use a +Speed nature to make sure that you can use Calm Mind before getting hit the first time, or you could increase Special Defense so that the enemy attacks will do less damage as Espeon sets up. Modest is a nature that's great for Pokemon who have the ability to OHKO stuff without setting up, like Mewtwo or Deoxys. For a Pokemon who needs the stat boosts, the most important thing is surviving long enough to take advantage of its sweeping ability.

-To get Curse and Wish on Eevee, use Smeargle.

Shiny_Milotic
22nd July 2006, 4:45 AM
Thanks a lot !

But isn't it like .. hard to find something that would use Curse AND Wish? Would a Link Battle Work?

Watermaniac
22nd July 2006, 5:37 PM
Yeah, Vaporeon RLZ

It's one of my favorite pokemon, I mean, is the coolest of all
I obviously have one

Vaporeon Lv. 100 @ Leftovers
Moveset
Surf
Wish
Bite
Ice Beam

Shiny_Milotic
29th July 2006, 12:43 AM
So ... What moveset should I do for Vaporeon?

Would :

Surf
Baton Pass
Substitiute
Acid Armor

work?

For Flareon .. should I do :

Overheat / Fire Blast
Return
Curse
Wish / ??

Jaster
29th July 2006, 1:41 AM
it is pretty good team, i think.

Shiny_Milotic
29th July 2006, 4:39 AM
Should I use Vaporeon as a Hazer?

Would a moveset like this be good :

Surf
Ice Beam
Acid Armor / Substitute / Wish / Haze
Acid Armor / Substitute / Wish / Haze

Which stats should I use?

For Flareon, should I use :

Overheat
Curse
Return
Wish / Shadow Ball

Frost Nova
29th July 2006, 4:28 PM
Haze isn't that useful ingame.

BTW since you have movesets this should be moved to the RMT forum.

Shiny_Milotic
29th July 2006, 4:42 PM
So for Vaporeon ...

Surf
Ice Beam
Acid Armor
Substitute / Wish ??

What EV's for Vaporeon? Should I max Defense and Special Attack with the rest in HP? Or max out HP and Special Attack?

For Flareon....

Overheat
Curse
Return
Shadow Ball *

* I don't see why everyone thinks this move is so good. It has 80 Base Power, doesn't get a STAB from Flareon, and only does SE against Ghost and Psychic, both of which I could probably kill anyway.

For Flareon's EV's should I max out Attack and then do like .. 130 Attack .. 126 HP ?????