PDA

View Full Version : flygon or salamence

azumarill_101
23rd July 2006, 1:37 AM
Just a fast thread (sorry if its been mentioned before)

i was wondering for a very long time if their names haven't been switched cus

salamence < shelgon < bagon
flygon < vibrava < trapinch

salamence doesent fit to salamence also cus its pokedex says that he wanted to fly alot but he couldnt cus he didnt have wings

and salamace sounds better for the look of flygon

i dunno but i nicked them the right way.

2Percent Miltank
23rd July 2006, 1:58 AM
Well, I always though Flygon's name meant, of course, "Fly/Flying" + "Dragon" or "Fly/Flying" + "Polygon." It's wings look sort of geometrical to me, so that's why. :x

For Salamence, it does sort of look like a salamander, hence the name. XD;

So I think the names fit all right now, but I do see what you're saying. Flygon also does look sort of like a salamander - it's more slender like one, anyway. And if you ignore my little "polygon" thing for Flygon's name, then it may fit Salamence too~ X3 *squibble*

Golden_Latias
23rd July 2006, 2:20 AM
I always thought that Salamence was "Salamander + Menace/Menacing". Salamence does somewhat resemble a salamander, and it's menacing. Hence the name

Like 2Percent Miltank said, Flygon's name is "Fly + Dragon", since it's eyes resemble that of a fly's. And it's dragonic. So yeah.

starterlover1
23rd July 2006, 4:27 AM
Flygon=Fly+dragon,fly+gone,fly+polygon, IMO
Salamence=salamander+menace,IMO

I think that flygon is somewhat insectoid, with the eyes and the the arms and legs.

capnchronic
23rd July 2006, 4:32 PM
Flygon=Fly+dragon,fly+gone,fly+polygon, IMO
Salamence=salamander+menace,IMO

I think that flygon is somewhat insectoid, with the eyes and the the arms and legs.

of course he does. remember trapinch and vibrava? ant and DRAGONfly

Moonlight.
23rd July 2006, 6:19 PM
Strange. Maybe it's possible that Flygon was the original english name for Salamence, but they scrapped it because Salamence suited it more. Then they probably just ditched the name on Flygon...

Just an idea.

azumarill_101
24th July 2006, 8:27 AM
thanks for making it clear cus the previous evolutions of salamence gave me this idea

salamence < shelgon < bagon
flygon < vibrava < trapinch

btw both are cool and i have them on lv 100
;330; ;373;

Pokemonger49777
27th October 2006, 7:54 PM
I always liked Salamence better because of its awesomenessful stats. Flygon, however, doesn't have all that all it has is slightly better speed.

Darkside
27th October 2006, 7:57 PM
I always liked Salamence better because of its awesomenessful stats. Flygon, however, doesn't have all that all it has is slightly better speed.
how dare you steal my word look at my sig any way salamence does own all

spareux
27th October 2006, 7:57 PM
Flygon's cooler imo but overall Salamence is better except Flygon's Rock resistance.

nevada11
27th October 2006, 7:58 PM
most likely salamence! he can dragon dance learn AA and could intimidate! the only advantage flygon has it's pitiful stabed EQ.

Somebody
27th October 2006, 8:14 PM
why the hell did you bump a 3 month old thread?

Nabeel
28th October 2006, 12:19 AM
I think the names are okay. The thing is not okay is that bagon wanted to fly. I mean, what kind pokemon turns in a salamader to fly?

Goldliop
30th October 2006, 8:40 PM
ummmm
welllll
think about it this way...
they ran out of ideas, and they just wantd to give an explanation for the evolution.
mehhhh?

Darkmaster Rannon
31st October 2006, 1:32 AM
hehehe.. this makes no sense at all..... like flygon was like always gonna be called flygon and salamence was always gonna be called salamence..

flygon is awesomer than salamence in my opion... go flygon!

Inconceivable
31st October 2006, 1:39 AM
Salamence > Flygon

Pokedexter
31st October 2006, 4:06 AM
Flygon due to its resistances compared to salamence

Gilgamesh
31st October 2006, 1:07 PM
Does it really matter? If you don't like the name, change it.

Francesc
31st October 2006, 1:11 PM
I'd go with Salamence, better stats, better movepool,and much better-looking. But Flygon is good too.

Ampharos_Spark
31st October 2006, 7:21 PM
I think the names are okay. The thing is not okay is that bagon wanted to fly. I mean, what kind pokemon turns in a salamader to fly?

They didn't mean for it to turn into a salamander. what they ment was that Bagon wanted to fly so much that eventually it became a dragon. Kind of like the Magikarp to Gyarados story.

Anyway I prefer Flygon because Salamence gets owned by more types then flygon does and for some reason I never really cared much for Salamence much.

striker
31st October 2006, 7:22 PM
Flygon better type and move sets

Lord Scalgon
31st October 2006, 7:25 PM
Flygon's stats are overshadowed by Salamence.

Xinkc
31st October 2006, 7:53 PM
Salamence destroy flygon

Pokemonger49777
31st October 2006, 10:04 PM
Salamence is an uber compared to flygon.