PDA

View Full Version : Opinion on Game to Make Master File In - Emerald or Leaf?

Havoc Houndoom
24th July 2006, 8:12 AM
I'm going to make a 'master file' to store everything in in preparation to upload to Diamond/Pearl when they come out.

I'm trying to decide which game to use - Leaf or Emerald.

Leaf has the super-Elite-4 for rapid levelling up....

But Emerald has a much more convenient breeding center, berry-growing... it's a tough call.

I saw someone mention making an army of Level-5's for D/P upload - maybe Emerald can have everything ready to transfer like my low-leveled, like berries and my two shinies (Rhyhorn and Nidoran-M) and Leaf has all my high-level Pokemon?

PkmnTrainerJ
24th July 2006, 1:32 PM
Emerald....

TogeticTheRuler
24th July 2006, 2:04 PM
Emerald,Most likely Shinou will have more hoenn in it than kantos(i think)

Jigglypuff5000
25th July 2006, 12:02 AM
I saw someone mention making an army of Level-5's for D/P upload - maybe Emerald can have everything ready to transfer like my low-leveled, like berries and my two shinies (Rhyhorn and Nidoran-M) and Leaf has all my high-level Pokemon?

Pretty sure u won't be able to use the WiFi battle/trade feature until after the main game is complete, it's always been the way, I doubt it'll change now.

As for which game to use, I'd pick Emerald. You can take advantage of the extra outside battle abilitys (Magma Armor for halving egg hatching time etc.) You can always just trade your pkmn between Leaf Green to train up against the E4 or if you have XD, then fight in the highest levels of MT Battle for level training. Remember that your 'master file' will assumely be the one with which you use to continue onwards to D/P, and I'm guessing Emerald will be a sure thing of that ^-^

Jigglypuff5000
25th July 2006, 12:03 AM

Pretty sure u won't be able to use the WiFi battle/trade feature until after the main game is complete, it's always been the way, I doubt it'll change now.

As for which game to use, I'd pick Emerald. You can take advantage of the extra outside battle abilitys (Magma Armor for halving egg hatching time etc.) You can always just trade your pkmn between Leaf Green to train up against the E4 or if you have XD, then fight in the highest levels of MT Battle for level training. Remember that your 'master file' will assumely be the one with which you use to continue onwards to D/P, and I'm guessing Emerald will be a sure thing of that ^-^

summnor1201
25th July 2006, 12:15 AM
Emerald, Its what im useing

BasiltheDragon
25th July 2006, 9:19 PM
Emerald, it's more convient for breeding.

BasiltheDragon
25th July 2006, 9:19 PM
Emerald, it's more convient for breeding.

Mudkip3
26th July 2006, 6:17 AM
Emerald, I say. The Breeding Center's bad location in Kanto made me sway towards Emerald. But I will be using Ruby since I have my best Pokemon in there.

MetalMario
26th July 2006, 7:15 AM
Emerald,Most likely Shinou will have more hoenn in it than kantos(i think)
Why? Shin'ō is geographically much closer to Kanto than it is to Hoenn, so, if anything, I'd expect more Kantos to show up. More realistically, it'll be an unpredictible mix.

Right now, Fire Red is my "master" save, but only because I like Fire Red's graphics better than Emeralds, and because my Emerald is currently occupied as I reset for shiny Treecko. Emerald has the semi-competitive Battle Frontier, extra move tutors, faster breeding, etc., so it makes a little more sense to keep all your competitive stuff there.

Auraninja
26th July 2006, 7:18 AM
I'd say Emerald because it has the EV lowering berries, as well as Sycronizing natures, and more access to move tutors.

Tyranitarphantom
26th July 2006, 7:37 AM
i think emerald is a better choce, but i use firered so my pokemon wont lose pokerus(which i did not cheat to get);197;

Orion-Sama
26th July 2006, 8:06 AM
Emerald. More features and the best for breeding, making new Movesets and more. :D

folgore
25th August 2006, 3:53 AM
lol i had the exact same debate between my leafgreen and emerald. i put everything on my leafgreen and then realized, "wow, this game isnt nearly as good as emerald" so i transferred everything to emerald.

squirtleboy12
4th April 2007, 4:19 PM
e,erald good futures for breeding

Wynaut?
4th April 2007, 4:34 PM
I'd go for Emerald, it's what I'm planning to use anyway.

FlyingTotodile
4th April 2007, 5:24 PM
if u want swift leveling up on emerald just use a memento secret base. Just get six lv100 pokemon who only know memento and watch ur lvl 5 whatever gain all the experience you need!

Omega
4th April 2007, 5:47 PM
Emerald. I ahve LG and Emerald, and I have my master file on Emerald.

Master Ballz
4th April 2007, 7:57 PM
Emerald... easy.

Dragetre
4th April 2007, 7:58 PM
Do it in Emerald. I'm doing the same thing as you and because of the advantages with the Battle Frontier, Breeding Center, etc. I suggest Emerald over LeafGreen overall.
-Dragetre

glenniej
4th April 2007, 8:00 PM
Don't forget emerald has got the cloning glitch (if you wanna use it...)

ShinyManafi
4th April 2007, 10:59 PM
Emerald, obviously. A ton more resources.

Garylarsonfan
4th April 2007, 11:43 PM
I have my team (Crobat, Shinies, my sweet Blissy,E4 team, Anti-nOObs, etc.) in firered, but I am evacuating to my Emerld for breeding

P.S. Read the Far Side and don't copy my awsome new Easter smile ethier

=:<-( )= (bunny)

Conquistador
5th April 2007, 4:45 AM
Emerald, it has a MUCH better breeding set up.