PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon game picture

the_showstopper
24th July 2006, 2:04 PM
Which pokemon game picture do you prefer? The R/S ones? The FR/LG ones? Or the ones in Emerald? I prefer the FR/LG ones. The pokemon pictures in R/S look a bit... stupid and wrong...
So what do you think?

*Shadow_Destiny*
24th July 2006, 2:12 PM
there is already an cool and a ugly sprite tread

Aquarelle
25th July 2006, 9:26 AM
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=132243

^Worst sprite thread, go there.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=132364

^Coolest sprite thread, use that link to go there.

The search button can certainly come in handy!

BasiltheDragon
25th July 2006, 8:05 PM
Emerald/Leaf Green/Fire Red.

Ruby/Sapphire's seemed a bit meh.

Kimori
25th July 2006, 8:13 PM
FR/LG because the sprites of the Kanto pokemon look bigger and brighter. The R/S Nidoran sprites just look so tiny to me. o.o

Sim
25th July 2006, 11:56 PM
To the first two posters: This thread is about which sprites you prefer out of R/S, FR/LG or E.
The topics you guys mentioned are not. Similar does not mean the same.
FR/LG>E>R/S sprites for me.

Mudkip3
26th July 2006, 5:04 AM
Even though I like Hoenn more than Kanto, I have to say FR/LG seem more lively and animated, which is cool. Next would be Emerald,because they are very colorful.

Chimecho3000
26th July 2006, 8:33 AM
Umm...aren't the Ruby and Sapphire sprites the same as the Emerald ones? Other than the animations of course.

Anyway, I like the R/S/E ones more.

Sim
27th July 2006, 2:52 AM
Emerald's front sprites are identical to R/S's with the following exceptions: Wartortle, Caterpie, Poliwhirl, Kadabra, Lickitung, Koffing, Mr. Mime, Snorlax, Spinda and Normal Deoxys. They are all edited except for Spinda who is re-positioned by e few pixels.
Some of Emerald's back sprites differ from R/S's One is Blastoise's for example.

starterlover1
27th July 2006, 4:02 AM
I think it depends on the pokemon. Hoenn exclusive pokemon look the same in all five games. The kanto exclusives, though, look better in FR/LG. One example is growlithe. They make it look like a monkey in RSE.

Aquarelle
27th July 2006, 4:29 AM
To the first two posters: This thread is about which sprites you prefer out of R/S, FR/LG or E.
The topics you guys mentioned are not. Similar does not mean the same.

Oh.....

Okay then, I'll say:

Fire red/Leaf Green > Emerald > Ruby/Sapphire

FR/LG's look the best, IMO, especially with the Kanto pokes. Emerald's are like Ruby/Sapphire's but with a few exceptions, and the animations totally rock. ^_^ Ruby and Sapphire's are okay, the Hoenn and Johto pokemon are drawn okay, but some of the Kanto pokemon sprites are really freaky looking. (Snorlax, Growlithe, both Nidoran, Persian, ect.)

4 8 15 16 23 42
27th July 2006, 2:49 PM
I prefer Fr/Lg sprites

With Murkrow I prefer the one where they don't touch their 'hats' (in my sig it's the one next to the trainer)

TogeticTheRuler
27th July 2006, 10:06 PM
The haunter was messed up in R/S/E!Looks way betta in fr/lg

Sim
27th July 2006, 11:34 PM
With Murkrow I prefer the one where they don't touch their 'hats' (in my sig it's the one next to the trainer)
That's it's Emerald animation sprite.