24th July 2006, 7:30 PM
Well something we should think about
WHAT IS THE FASTEST WAY TO TRAIN?????
i personally feel that the elite 4 and champion is the fastest way
what do you all think??
--Pranz

king dragun
24th July 2006, 7:44 PM
in ruby/sapphire yes, but in emerald the fastes way to train is to fight steven in the meteor falls

Expert Evan
24th July 2006, 7:45 PM
Secret base training and ocean glitch.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=124358

*Shadow_Destiny*
24th July 2006, 7:46 PM
in ruby/sapphire yes, but in emerald the fastes way to train is to fight steven in the meteor falls
You can only fight him ones
And expert evan thats cheap you know?
It takes all the fun out of the game imo

water types rule
24th July 2006, 11:35 PM
Gabby&Ty aren't too bad, but their Pokemon stop growing at level39:/ In FR/LG fighting all the Karate guy at Mt. Ember is okay, and the Ember Spa is right their so you can easily heal. Mt. Battle in Colo/XD isn't a bad option either.
I don't think the ocean glitch is cheap, if it works and doesn't cause any damage/involve cheating, okay. It takes forever to get Pokemon to level100, so the ocean glitch would work great.

Adzieboy
24th July 2006, 11:58 PM
in Fr/Lg, I think the best place (The place I use! :p) is at the Lucky Punch chansey healing house. There are two trainers there with pokemon in the fifties, and it's easy to defeat them often enough to get to level 100. Also a good place to max out your cash, like I did. :p

price
25th July 2006, 4:32 AM
Elite four
Wally
secert bases
Mudslide/ocean glitch
Gabby and ty

BasiltheDragon
25th July 2006, 9:09 PM
I'd say the Elite Four/Secret Bases.

Aquarelle
26th July 2006, 9:08 AM
It depends on which game you're playing in.

Ruby, sapphire, or emerald : Secret bases, Gabby & Ty, Elite Four, gym leader rematches on emerald.

Fire Red and Leaf Green : Trainers outside the Ember Spa, cooltrainers/pokemon rangers on Seven Island, Elite Four second wave

Shrooms
26th July 2006, 9:21 AM
4 emerald, elite four, gym leader rematches, and secret base battles

JONNO.FRESH
26th July 2006, 9:29 AM
In Hoenn its secret Bases, Kanto the Elite 4 but Orre is better then Both-XD Mt Battle rocks

capnchronic
26th July 2006, 5:16 PM
heres an extremely fast way to train:

if you want to get a poke that you can get in another game, trade at lowest level possible. put it first at the top of the list, and give it exp. share. when in battle switch it out with a stronger one.

you should battle the E4 at least 3-5 times a day using this method. if you cant trade, use exp share and top of list thingy.

btw, what exactly is the mudslide/ ocean glitch? never heard of it b4...

Shiny_Milotic
26th July 2006, 7:58 PM
What is the Mudslide/Ocean glitch? How does riding on a bike make you gain experience? I went to the posts on how to do it, but don't understand.

IrkenAdolescent
26th July 2006, 8:06 PM
For me:
-RS: Elite 4
-E: Steven
-FrLg: Bottom of Seven Island, near the Chansey hosue, where the two trainers are.

Volteon
26th July 2006, 8:06 PM
Ocean glitch... Expert Evan posted the link in the post N° 3 of this thread...

And I agree with him, Ocean thing and Secret base the fastest ways.

And expert evan thats cheap you know?
I don´t think so, they did that, so why don´t use it?

starterlover1
26th July 2006, 8:42 PM
You know what I do sometimes? I leave a pokemon in the day care as soon as I get to it, and then I just play through the game. It works pretty well.

capnchronic
27th July 2006, 3:09 AM
but what do you do when the poke in the day care center learn a move u dont want them to? i try looking for heart scales, but i cant find anything. i asked my friend and he said to do the infinite heart scale hint or whatever... he said u have to get a pokemon with covet or theif or sumthing like that and steal a possible held heart scale from luvdisc (thats so not nice...)

he says it happens 9 out of 10 times, but it never works for me.. i have a zigzagoon with covet... i got one the first time and then it just stopped happening...

oh yeah btw, in Emerald theres this one place, the route between Verdanturf and Mauville, where theres like 6 trainers who register in ur pokenav.. i trained there with a breloom and got it to level 73! same with a traded kingdra until level 89...

4 8 15 16 23 42
27th July 2006, 4:02 PM
In Fr/Lg i'd say Pokemon Leauge 2nd round
In R/S the ocean glitch
In E Pokemon leauge but I don't train in Emerald because my pokemon are on Lv.50 and I need to keep them for Battle Frontier

Valei
28th July 2006, 2:47 AM
Check out my thread http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=133885. I found a very fast way to train and acquire level 100 Pokemon using a 4M Memory Stick. It's fast, safe, and proven effective. No Cheat Device required!

malcolm_n
28th July 2006, 6:42 AM
Check out my thread http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=133885. I found a very fast way to train and acquire level 100 Pokemon using a 4M Memory Stick. It's fast, safe, and proven effective. No Cheat Device required!
just because it's not called a cheatstick doesn't make it fair to do. You're still taking the fun out of the game. But, to each his/her own.

On Topic, I train against the E4 in LG. They're strong enough, and with a lucky egg/traded pokemon, I get 4x exp. I'm working to get pokemon for battles in Emerald with secret bases, but i'm too lazy to raise 36 level 100 pokemon just to have one team for each stat. Maybe some day :)

Jupetta
28th July 2006, 8:08 AM
My preferred way of training is trading to a different game along with using the Lucky Egg. It is very quick.

~;354;

Judai Yuki
28th July 2006, 8:26 AM
I use E4 and Gabby and Tabby.

-Judai

Metropolis
28th July 2006, 9:16 AM
The E4, Gabby and Ty, and Wally.

Its a shame the mudslide thing doesn't work on Emerald.

Judai Yuki
28th July 2006, 9:19 AM
You know you could just put a Spin Mat in your secret base in Emerald and do the glitch?Since you get no calls in your secret base.

-Judai

Wandering Rhythmical Phoenix
28th July 2006, 9:21 AM
Trade+Colo Relelam Tower+Lucky Egg=WTFL100

Psychic Overdrive
28th July 2006, 10:46 AM
but i'm too lazy to raise 36 level 100 pokemon just to have one team for each stat. Maybe some day :)

You are over thinking that part. You don't need 6 level 100 pokemon to EV train you just need them at the lowest level to give the most EVs (3) at one time.

Quick list of highest amount of EV training pokemon at lowest possible level:
Each gives 3 EV. Raise to that level or evolve then strip all attacks if
possible. Catch 6 of each at or around that level.

HP-Wigglytuff;040; @ level 3
--Catch Jigglypuffs;039; on route 3 in FR/LG
Attack-Shiftry;275; @ level 15
--Catch Seedots;273; in Ruby, raise to level 15 then use leaf stone to Evolve again.
Defense-Golem;076; @ level 25
--Catch Geodude;074;, raise him to 25 where he evolves then trade to evolve again.
Speed- Raichu;026; @ level 3
--Catch Pikachu;025; in Viridian Forst in FR/LG and use a thunder stone on it.
S. Attack-Beautifly;267; @ level 10
--Catch Silcoon;266; in R/S/E and raise to 10 at which it evolves.
S. Defense-Dustox;269; @ level 10
--Catch Cascoon;268; in R/S/E and raise to 10 at which it evolves.

For pure levels I'd say a Secret base of Gardevoir;282; @ 100 with only momento (egg move). Traded of course.

Now granted a couple of them are hard to get, Jigglypuff and Pikachu. And one (gardevoir)just means using a bit of battling and then you can just go with the ocean tile trick for the rest after they stop learning moves.

--Edit--
You can also use
Defense-Poliwrath;062; @ level 25
--Catch Poliwag;060; on route 6 in FR/LG, raise to 25 then use a water stone on it.

Liam-Kun
28th July 2006, 11:51 AM
match call thing and the ocean

burrut13
29th July 2006, 5:02 AM
in FR/LG i train against the three karate people on one island, they are all at Lv. 55 and i have a lucky egg, so that helps

Sapphire Phoenix
29th July 2006, 5:18 AM
for me i ether go to the E4 or i trade the pokemon to FR and battle the E4, or XD with Mt: Battle Area 10. the pokemon would be holding the Exp.share( R/S/E, XD) or the Lucky Egg (FR)

Lucariofan-atic
15th February 2009, 2:40 PM
e4 for r/s
Steven for emerald
and, what is ocean glitch?never heard of it even once.