PDA

View Full Version : fake?

Darth_paul
26th July 2006, 12:27 PM
I just bought Fire red and Emerald and when I turn them on before the menu it says the game will be loaded. It isn't on my leafgreen and I was wondering whether they're fake or not. Also, the Fire red cartridge isn't red. It's black with the Fire red thing on it.

Thanks.

Trooper Guy
26th July 2006, 12:29 PM
It's fake, as the real ones don't say loading anywhere, iirc.

EDIT: Yes, get in! First post!

rocky505
26th July 2006, 12:31 PM
yup thats fake.

Darth_paul
26th July 2006, 12:32 PM
Oh. That sucks.

TogeticTheRuler
26th July 2006, 12:40 PM
What happens in fake games?Something glitchy like Chaos Black and Mt.Moon?

Darth_paul
26th July 2006, 12:43 PM
Well I found out that when you beat the elite four, that message at the start says the file can't be loaded and its erased.

SudovVoOdO
26th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Lol fake! From where did u buy it it can't be a local store. They sell it all over The netherlands on the internet I even saw pokemon "frigo returns" and pokemon ruby version 3....

Sir Devious
26th July 2006, 1:19 PM
Where did you buy it? You can sue! If I were you I would put your foot down and get your money AND the real thing at the least or threten to call the cops. You go... girl?

Darth_paul
26th July 2006, 1:29 PM
boy actually and I got it from eBay. Don't start all that "Oh you shouldn't of bought it from Ebay" stuff because I always shop there.

Edymnion
26th July 2006, 1:37 PM
Please report pirate auctions to Nintendo: auctionpiracy@noa.nintendo.com
And if you find someplace selling counterfeit games that isn't ebay, use this address: piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com

Prime Wolf
26th July 2006, 2:40 PM
Whered you gret a fake Fire red? When i got mine they were the right colour and worked propaly =/ But like everyone else has said, its fake.

SneazzL.com
26th July 2006, 2:42 PM
i have that fire red to but my fire red didnt do anything strange for the 2 years that i have him
tough my emerald file was also erased after beating the e4 the second time
i also always shop on e-bay and i always get my games there for 18euro or 18$

Black Marauder
26th July 2006, 2:46 PM
Aww, too bad. You have a fake. Sorry dude.

broken_inside
26th July 2006, 2:51 PM
Teh fake. =/ how sucky. :(

capnchronic
26th July 2006, 4:43 PM
ive been to Poland and you wouldnt believe how many street vendors there are where you can see only the cartridge. its either black and like you said, or, as my friend has it, same color but different language. he also has a ruby with a black cartridge and it says, "the save file is corrupted". not on topic: my gold's save file was erased, but its the original.

Moeteimasu Umi
26th July 2006, 4:50 PM
YOUR FIRE RED IS BETTER THEN MIN...mine is bloack and fak too.and its from amazon.so we sued and we got $100,000 dollars.^_^ im which cas e i got a quarter of it....

well it did complete sentences a simple sentece like You captured a caterpie would be

Yu Ca a !Pie are Cat.

And it deletes your save file after a hour of gameplay

loopy100
26th July 2006, 5:00 PM
Yep its a fake. My Gold wiped itself after 333 hours of playtime, and i found a yeelow cartridge in our garden that was f***ed completly, but it still works........well kind of....

Darth_paul
26th July 2006, 5:07 PM
YOUR FIRE RED IS BETTER THEN MIN...mine is bloack and fak too.and its from amazon.so we sued and we got $100,000 dollars.
Are you serious?? I find that very hard to believe...

Ok. I might play it to see what happens but if it's just gonna reset itself frankly I can't be bothered...

SudovVoOdO
26th July 2006, 6:25 PM
Bro tip for next time first ask picture then come to serebii or check at google for the real version;-)

Darth_paul
26th July 2006, 7:45 PM
Ok. Now I definately know they're fake because I started playing until I was able to trade, turned it off to get the pokemon ready on leafgreen and when I turned it back on, it said the save file was deleted and it automatically started a new game.

This can be closed now.

loopy100
26th July 2006, 7:48 PM
YOUR FIRE RED IS BETTER THEN MIN...mine is bloack and fak too.and its from amazon.so we sued and we got $100,000 dollars.^_^ im which cas e i got a quarter of it....

well it did complete sentences a simple sentece like You captured a caterpie would be

Yu Ca a !Pie are Cat.

And it deletes your save file after a hour of gameplay

I somehow doubt u got $100000 out of it. The game is only worth around, i dont know $50. Theyd of probably just replaced it with a real one. You didnt really lose alot of time if it wiped your data after an hour was up.