PDA

View Full Version : Built in Pokemon Box?

BluekiKatana
26th July 2006, 3:27 PM
So does anyone else think that this game will be incomplete without a built in Pokemon box? Pokemon Stadium had a system like this. Pokemon R/S box was very useful, as it helps you move a large amount of Pokemon without the tedious task of slow repetitive trading. I think it's really messed up that POA only sold Pokemon Box for about a year too, then completely discontinued it. I see now as I get more and more competitive that it's really an essential tool that does improve your overall raising/training/battling experience.

Cucco-Cojiro
26th July 2006, 4:34 PM
I completely agree. Moving, storing and organizing pokemon was so much easier with Stadium. Even storing items was useful. Like you said, if PBR doesn't have this, it will be incomplete.

water types rule
26th July 2006, 5:11 PM
I think it's not too bad an idea, I wouldn't particularly care either way.

Ampharos_Spark
26th July 2006, 5:23 PM
I really hope they do this because if we needed to we could keep back ups of our pokemon incase someone messes up our games. although this may be difficult because you would need to raise another of the pokemon becasue the cloning glitch from GSC isn't around anymore. Also It would probably end all the tedious trading that happened in Colo/XD.

Edit: I just remembered the cloning glitch in emerald. sorry!

chinchao
26th July 2006, 10:07 PM
I have PKMN Box and I cannot live without it. Therefore, Yea to the Einstien who said PBR should store and transfer PKMN in a similar manner to PKMN Box.

Aquarelle
27th July 2006, 9:26 AM
I like this idea, as it would certainly save me a load of time from trading pokemon over the link cable whenever I want to start one of my games over. I agree that it would make pokemon more easier to organize and such, and that it would make the game seem more complete.

Too bad they discontinued the sale of pokemon box, as I don't have it, and I would've found it very useful...

Sir Devious
27th July 2006, 12:30 PM
Ya, they should have it. It would make it easy to hold extra Pokemon and items you don't want in D/P.

Meganium Ex
27th July 2006, 4:37 PM
How about this: it'll only have it if it is a stadium game

Jiggy37
28th July 2006, 11:27 PM
How about this: it'll only have it if it is a stadium gameI agree with this. I wish I didn't--I'd like an RPG and a stadium mode and a box mode all in one, but I just don't see that happening, for marketing purposes.

Great Sage
29th July 2006, 12:32 AM
I hope we get a new Pokemon Box.

Light Wolf
29th July 2006, 9:19 PM
I hope that if they do a Box-like thing, it comes with this game, as I WON'T buy a separate disc only to store some Pokémon (I don't even fill the GBA boxes).

Adzieboy
29th July 2006, 10:04 PM
I hope we do get it, it would be easier to get all the starters when you want to restart the game.

~Water Lucario~
1st August 2006, 9:38 AM
I think this would be a great feature and I would use it for sure. Maybe we coulod even play D/P on the TV and use the DS as the control.

Heartless_Enigma
2nd August 2006, 1:27 AM
I hope that if they do a Box-like thing, it comes with this game, as I WON'T buy a separate disc only to store some Pokémon (I don't even fill the GBA boxes).

Same here! ^-^

FreelancerV1
2nd August 2006, 6:52 PM
Hopefully the RU/SA/E/FR/LG would be able to connect with it too, as they can connect with the wii through the DS.
It would be easy to put the RU/SA/E/FR/LG onto D/P without all the tedious trading.

The J
25th August 2006, 11:06 AM
Hmmm.... Pokemon Stadium+Pokemon minigames+Pokemon Box+a bit of RPG= The Battle Revoultion I had in mind, I think the full name of the game should be: Pokemon Stadium III: Battle Revolution! or something like that.

Dimentio
25th August 2006, 11:38 PM
Yes! Please have it! My Normal/Steel and Water/Ice type boxes are getting awfully full now...I could definately use it, as well as pretty much everyone else I'm sure. And besides, even if people don't want it and it comes built-in on the main titlescreen (or whatever) it won't hurt even to have it on.

~fuzzy out~

Hallnavy
25th August 2006, 11:46 PM
I Would Love To Have It!

JJAB91
25th August 2006, 11:57 PM
It would be cool.

Hallnavy
29th August 2006, 2:49 AM
If they dont build it into the game they should make a new Pokemon Box

Darkmaster Rannon
29th August 2006, 2:23 PM
I think this would be a great feature and I would use it for sure. Maybe we coulod even play D/P on the TV and use the DS as the control.

I think theey said something like that if you got D/P and Battle revolution then you can play D/P in freaking 3-D!!

Milotic_Master
29th August 2006, 2:27 PM
THat would be cool to store my pokemon in more that 14 boxes.

Patchey
1st September 2006, 7:12 AM
I thought of a good way to make the box work
Ok since DS and Wii have Wi-Fi then in like the corner of the screen would be the boxes in D/P and on the rest of the screen is the games built in box (if there is one that is) and then you just point the controller at the poke you want and drag it over

Rafear
1st September 2006, 8:52 AM
I would love that, asumming I get a Wii I'l have to research what other games it has, release date for system, ETC

Starboy
8th September 2006, 3:33 AM
This would be really cool to have, too bad I have a 1% chance of getting a Wii. (Maybe I could win it in a school fundraiser, they gave out free PSPs to whoever sold 150 magazines...) Ever since I discovered the Emerald Cloning glitch, I had to create a seperate box for starters to hold my 18+ Charizards.

Dark Combusken
9th September 2006, 6:21 PM
I argee with a built-in Pokemon Box and it was annoying having to buy a second Gamecube with second Pokemon Colleseum just to get hold of Pokemon Box in the UK. Also you could only play 2 out the 5 Pokemon GBA games on Pokemon Box's Adventure mode.

But on the plus side the fact that I brought second Gamecube with second Pokemon Colleseum just to get hold of Pokemon Box in the UK allowed me to play the Pokemon games and whatever other Gamecube games I own that he didn't want to play whilst my brother has the other Gamecube at Winchester University with the games he did want to play.

HMTKSteve
14th September 2006, 12:25 AM
I love my Pokemon Box. I had to get one from the UK because the American ones were selling for close to $200!

So, for about $30 for the game and $20 for the action replay disc to allow me to play foreign (non-USA) games I got my Pokemon box!

It bugs me to no end that XD has no box features. Nor does Colloseum.

Spending hours on end transfering Pokemon at the rate of about 1 every 2 minutes is a total pain.

Give us our box!!!

~Water Lucario~
14th September 2006, 9:33 AM
I would love this, also to be able to see our secret base in 3D just like how you could see your G/S/C room on Pokemon Stadium 2.

JONNO.FRESH
15th September 2006, 4:03 AM
Yes a great idea. I love my Pokemon Box and if it wasnt for that i dunno what i'd do.

Dragonking
18th September 2006, 3:03 AM
Well like I said in the Stadium or Rpg thread there are a lot of pokemon and after transfering to D/P we will need a spot to store them. I do hope they add this to the game.

Rafear
18th September 2006, 4:02 AM
I love my Pokemon Box. I had to get one from the UK because the American ones were selling for close to $200!

So, for about $30 for the game and $20 for the action replay disc to allow me to play foreign (non-USA) games I got my Pokemon box!

It bugs me to no end that XD has no box features. Nor does Colloseum.

Spending hours on end transfering Pokemon at the rate of about 1 every 2 minutes is a total pain.

Give us our box!!!

You can use a foreign box withn American GBA games?!?!? (I've been told "no" before but your post suggest's otherwise, unless the "$30 for the game" meant a GBA game...)

On-topic, I hope they do it.....

HMTKSteve
18th September 2006, 3:34 PM
You can use a foreign box withn American GBA games?!?!? (I've been told "no" before but your post suggest's otherwise, unless the "$30 for the game" meant a GBA game...)

On-topic, I hope they do it.....

Only Japanesse games are unuasable in that they will reformat your memory card. I picked up a British version of Pokemon Box. You do need to hold down the "B" button while it loads to force it into 60Hz mode.