PDA

View Full Version : Murkrow

Shiny_Milotic
27th July 2006, 3:08 AM
I know he is by far not the best Dark-Type Pokemon, or the best Flying type.

He has a couple good qualities too.

- He can be a Hazer
- Has a decent Level-Up Movepool, and decent TM/HM's too, but has KILLER egg moves. ( Some include Drill Peck, Confuse Ray, Perish Song, Whirlwind, Mirror Move)
- Has pretty good Attack, Special Attack, and Speed
- The Dark weaknesses to Bug and Fighting are cancelled out

His stats aren't the best in the game, but shouldn't be considered bad. In a Flying Lineup, or a Dark Lineup, should this Murkrow be used for type diversity and an exotic moveset?

starterlover1
27th July 2006, 5:03 AM
I think the only use murkrow really would see is as a hazer. It could buy time with confuse ray, and then attack.

Psyboy
27th July 2006, 5:06 AM
I would really like to use one but all it has is looks...it needs an Evo.

Raito
27th July 2006, 5:18 AM
Only things with Defense can Haze. Otherwise, the Poke would just use a Stab to Clear it, the Reason why Hazing Crobat sucks.

Murkrow just isn't good. It's like in the movie Annapolis. Farfetch'd and Aipom are the only things keeping Murkrow from becoming the worst pokemon.

Aquarelle
27th July 2006, 5:38 AM
Murkrow may not be the best pokemon in the world, but he isn't useless like Farfetch'd is.

His defenses might be very bad, but he has average attacking stats and decent speed. He can sweep to some extent with moves such as drill peck. He can also be an okay annoyer, he learns annoyer attacks like confuse ray, perish song, and I think he can learn mean look.

Dark/flying is a cool type, unique to him, and it cancels out both of his dark type weaknesses and makes him immune to ground!

If his defenses weren't so low, I actually might consider training one, but like Psyboy said, he needs an evolution. Then at least his stats wouldn't blow as much, and then maybe more people would show poor Murkrow some love...

Metropolis
27th July 2006, 12:07 PM
I know I use murkrow.

Its got the looks, and being the only dark/flying, his a help to my monotype team.

Overall, he can be a great annoyer.

zeppelin
27th July 2006, 12:15 PM
murkrow is actually pretty good and can be used pretty well,i use one...ive got 47 of em.

The_Landlord
27th July 2006, 3:38 PM
I've never used Murkrow in my life. But I'll definitely consider it, even though I don't really like the little guy...

4 8 15 16 23 42
27th July 2006, 3:40 PM
I never knew you could use the words 'Murkrow' and 'not the best' in the same sentence!

I think they have good egg moves, I'm going to get a Murkrow with Perish Song. I use Murkrow anyway but I like them because of their type.

Theneedleman
27th July 2006, 8:01 PM
It's a one of a kind type combo and it's movepool is okay. It's stats aren't the best but it certaintly not the worst poke out there. Yeah I'm not that big of a fan but I do sometimes use it.

Vycksta
27th July 2006, 8:18 PM
I'm actually rasing a Murkrow, whom I have named Asilryth. She teams up well with one of my many Sneasels, Reqosh. A deadly Dark duo.

Alas, Murkrow's defences do her let down big time... a hard hitting Rock or Normal move and it's a OKHO for sure. However if you like using them, then continue doing so. I'm personally enjoying raising Asilryth, especially with the Sneasel. *pats Reqosh*

Shiny_Milotic
27th July 2006, 8:34 PM
I dont use Murkrow. I just came upon his stats/moves the other day, and thought about raising one. I have a Dark Lineup, but I already use Umbreon as an annoyer, who has much better annoyer stats than Murkrow. Murkrow just has a +1 because he is a Hazer..

Aquarelle, Murkrow CAN learn Mean Look :D

Some other good moves are :

Pursuit
Haze
Faint Attack
Mean Look
Taunt

Toxic

Whirlwind
Drill Peck
Mirror Move
Confuse Ray
Perish Song

Thunder Wave

Of course you can't get some of these with others, like getting Drill Peck and Perish Song. But .. It can work out.

spareux
27th July 2006, 8:56 PM
I like Murkrow, I started raising one just a week and a half ago. He's the founder of my S.T.A.R.S (Named after the Resident Evil 2 'Special Techniques and Rescues Section') team, which is just all the Pokemon who know helpful but not useable moves in competitve battling.
He's my thiefer - which does what it says on the tin, but I'm thinking of bringing a Sneasel as he is useable as well as learning Thief, or mabye they'll be partners. Who knows.

I do like Murkrow. it's a shame about his stats. He does have some pretty cool egg moves, however.

PS: My Murkrow is called Vittoria after the Character in Angels and Demons, plus I think it suits her. :)

Psyboy
28th July 2006, 2:49 AM
I guess I should raise one, everyone seems to enjoy to and besides it might evolve

Shiny_Milotic
28th July 2006, 5:33 AM
Yeah .. If I find out it will get an evolution, then I will consider him. Now, he is just too brittle.

Sk@rmory288
28th July 2006, 9:59 AM
I don't use it, and from the look of it's stats, I don't plan to use it anytime soon. It's defenses are waaaaay too weak for my standards. I heard it can be an OK hazer btw.

-The Skarm

BasiltheDragon
28th July 2006, 10:09 AM
I might use it, if it gets an evo.

Swellow_91
28th July 2006, 12:10 PM
Well , Murkrow isn't blessed with its stats but GameFreak didn't make it useless by having it learn plenty of annoying moves. Murkrow just deserves an evolution.