PDA

View Full Version : If a movie is only 35 mb in size, can I make a CD that will play it in a DVD/PS2?

XD375
27th July 2006, 9:03 PM
Is it possible? I want to put the Pokémon fandub called Safari, So Good! on a DVD without a DVD burner or blank DVDs.

Trainer Rachel
27th July 2006, 9:22 PM
Well, you can make what is called a VCD. It's not as good of quality, but it's better than nothin'. I suggest searching on google to learn how to make 'em, cause I forgot, since I have a DVD burner now ^^;

XD375
27th July 2006, 9:32 PM
So it will play on a DVD player normally, except without menus?

P.S. Can we be friends?

Trainer Rachel
27th July 2006, 9:37 PM
Yep, it should! And you may be able to make menus... I just don't remember =P But yeah, nothin' fancy.

PS: Sure!

XD375
27th July 2006, 9:39 PM
I added you to my buddy list. I also found a good website for VCDs and SVCDs.

Trainer Rachel
27th July 2006, 9:40 PM
Alrighty, that's cool ^_^ Yeah, I watched that Safari So Good episode last night after hearing you talk about it, and that Ash sounded EXACTLY like Ash did in the first few episodes! I also really liked James, and Brock's voice had some good moment as well.

muckers
29th July 2006, 11:17 AM
Length plays more of a part than size in being able to fit the video onto a VCD since all VCDs are converted to the same quality settings - a 20 minute that's 35mb will occupy the same amount of space on the VCD as one that's 20 minutes but 170mb.

IIRC, VCDs can only hold about an hour of video. Since this is just a single of Pokemon (right?) then it'll fit fine.

VCDs do have menus - I use Nero to burn all my VDCs, and I burn fandubs and family videos to them (multiple ones) so I use menus and stuff.

Basically, lesser quality than DVDs and less space. That's it.

XD375
29th July 2006, 6:08 PM
How do I make it so it doesn't have a menu? I'm burning Safari, So Good! The fandub for the banned Dratini episode (The Legend of Dratini). I also plan to burn the fandub for the Ice Cave episode that me and Rachel are making. I would want a menu on that disk, so I could burn the Japanese version with it.