PDA

View Full Version : Duels of the Jungle! (461)

Serebii
27th July 2006, 10:50 PM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/461.jpgAttack! The Stray Weavile!

During their travels to the Battle Pyramid. Ash & Co. come across a Wild Injured Weavile. Attempting to tend to it, Weavile attacks and easily defeats Ash's Aipom and disappears. After consulting with a local, Ash & co. find out that the Weavile was attacked by a member of it's group over a Sneasel. Ash & Co. decide to find Weavile and help it beat its adversary. Can it do this?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/461.shtml)

Discuss

Master Shoxx
27th July 2006, 10:52 PM
Yea weavile PWNS and serebii i sent you a PM

~Shining-Metagross~
28th July 2006, 9:53 AM
Just to conferm, as far as I can tell, no-one caught Weavile or Sneasel. It was just a plain to the fact filler.

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th July 2006, 3:08 PM
Seen the episode, nothing special really:
*Ash is walking with Aipom and Pikachu on him, Aipom runs off.
*Lone Weavile (I'll call him Mufasa) fights Aipom, and wins.
*Ranger COTD (as in park ranger) helps Aipom and explains that Mufasa attacks everyone as it is not with the local Weavile/Sneasel pack.
*Mufasa is shown thinking back to leaving the clan, and this Sneasel, who I'm guessing is a girl, is trying to stop him.
*Team Rocket want to get Mufasa, well mainly Jessie, Meowth dresses up like Weavile, twerps come and tries to get Mufasa back in the clan, then Sneasel comes.
*Mewoth translates that Mufasa lost a fight with another Weavile, who I'll call Scar. Scar gave Mufasa the three cuts on his face by using a shadow ball, then slicing Mufasa in the face. I think Mufasa was the clan leader before then.
*Scar comes with his gang of Weavile, Jessie seems to cheer on Mufasa, Mufasa blasts TR off (I'm not sure if Jessie was cheering for Mufasa or Scar)
*Pikachu fights off the Weavile, Ash encourages Mufasa to fight for pride.
*Big fight, Scar tries using the same shadow ball + slash combo, then the music that plays during the title screen of movies starts to play as Mufasa flips over Scar on the ground, holds up his claws at his face, but lets him be.
*Sneasel helps Scar up, then Mufasa and him shake hands.
*Chiisaki Mono instrumental begins to play! That song makes me cry, even in this episode.
*The Weavile's and co. leave as Mufasa gives Ash a "thumbs up".
*Aipom is healed, everyone leaves.

Riva
28th July 2006, 5:39 PM
We finally saw a feminine side to Sneasel. I think the reason those two Weavile fought was over the Sneasel, though it seemed obvious to me Sneasel wanted to be "Scar"'s mate more than that of the Weavile who beat him up. Anyone else sense that from how she was kneeling over him?

ZTcrazy
28th July 2006, 5:40 PM
Just to conferm, as far as I can tell, no-one caught Weavile or Sneasel. It was just a plain to the fact filler.

That's a shame. I thought Weavile suited Jessie, since she seemed to love them as well.

The pictures were funny to look at, Meowth in a Weavile costume. XD. Just a random thought, Aipom is huge on Ash's shoulder. His shoulder must hurt after awhile. The battle was cool to watch. A good filler, I think.

Ash6K
28th July 2006, 5:52 PM
This episode looks pretty good. Weavile look pretty cool too. But it is sad to see Aipom getting thrashed and beaten up by Weavile and it didn't get any revenge of some type. Oh well, I guess Aipom is not much of a battler I guess. Meowth in the Weavile outfit is hilarious btw too.

jolteonjak
28th July 2006, 6:21 PM
I didn't realize Aipom was so big...

Ash6K
28th July 2006, 6:23 PM
^ Same here, his head is even larger than I thought it was. The animation in this episode wasn't bad, but the Aipom size and wired Pikachu pic is wierd.

SudovVoOdO
28th July 2006, 6:39 PM
Well jessie didin't catch a weavile but weavile is going to play a big role in pokemon like snubbel who's always following T.Rocket well I got this idea bec of the opening of Battle frontier when they show TR a weavile comes by so there's still a chance that jessie"ll catch.;068;

CyberCubed
28th July 2006, 7:02 PM
Well jessie didin't catch a weavile but weavile is going to play a big role in pokemon like snubbel who's always following T.Rocket well I got this idea bec of the opening of Battle frontier when they show TR a weavile comes by so there's still a chance that jessie"ll catch.;068;

No, that was just to advertise the 4th gen Pokemon.

Let this Weevile nonsense die, please. It's just another 4th gen Pokemon that will never be with any main character. There are tons of new great 4th gen pokemon we don't even know about yet, the writers are going to give those to the main characters, not this.

HoennMaster
28th July 2006, 7:13 PM
Aipom looks huge at the beginning of the episode! I love that scratch on Weavile.

Chatsy
28th July 2006, 7:32 PM
When the hell will the animators decide just what how big that frickin' monkey should be?! D:

DAMN!

Anyway, filler. Woooo~

I loved how it was a tad more violent, though. We got to see when the stray Weavile got its three cuts on its cheek plus the whole "I'ma KEEL YOOO!! .... But I wont!" scene in the end.

Ash6K
28th July 2006, 7:34 PM
A violent episode ehh, hope it won't get severe cuts when it gets dubbed.

Ashy Boy
28th July 2006, 7:39 PM
I think Team Rocket was trying to catch the Weavile to replace Meowth, seeing that he has a long grudge against its pre-evolved form Sneasel

Riva
28th July 2006, 7:54 PM
We finally saw a feminine side to Sneasel. I think the reason those two Weavile fought was over the Sneasel, though it seemed obvious to me Sneasel wanted to be "Scar"'s mate more than that of the Weavile who beat him up. Anyone else sense that from how she was kneeling over him?
So no one agrees with me on this?

Ash6K
28th July 2006, 8:00 PM
Another Meowth hating Sneasel and Weavile thing = pure comedy for TR. I'm kinda glad that Jessie didn't catch any pokemon, Meowth would sure be ticked off and it would be a shame that a cool Weavile would blast off if it was with TR.

~Shining-Metagross~
28th July 2006, 8:00 PM
Just seen the pictures.
Holy mother of god, is it just me or has Aipom increased in size over the last couple of episodes? I love that monkey, but....
0_o

And this episode screams Orange Island Tracy-Scyther Filler, but it seems much more entertaining. Weavile looks much cooler then any other picture I had seen so far. And Meowth in the Weavile costume was so funny because it was such a crap costume. =P

And did I mention the size of that Monkey? Holy Cow, has it taken steroids or something?!

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th July 2006, 8:50 PM
Compared to Weavile, I realised how ugly and unnatural Sneasel looks with only one ear.

And yes, this episode was kinda violent.

Anyone esle love the rival Weavile's voice? It sounded so cocky when he yelled, "Mannnnny!"

The Big Al
28th July 2006, 8:53 PM
Another ep. that'll be better in motion. Aside from the violence (Thank God 4Kids won't be touching this one), nothing to write home about.

V Faction
28th July 2006, 9:10 PM
Saw the episode. I hope you all out there get a sense of Deja Vu since plots like this have been out n' about for who-knows-how long.

Funny, how they had Jessie swooning over Weavile. I guess whatever misconceptions about her favoritism towards Weavile have all but vanished.

I'm really feeling for the anime right now. It was clear that some drama was trying to be instilled into this episode... but it came off as cheesy and boring.

Korobooshi Kojiro
28th July 2006, 10:09 PM
V FACTIONNNNNN!

I've missed you so much, it wasn't funny.

Yeah, this episode reminded me of the Go West Meowth, as well.

CyberCubed
28th July 2006, 10:10 PM
I'd like to comment on the episode but the damn link doesn't work. If it's like the Tracey/Scyther ep though, I'll probably enjoy this. I liked that episode.

TeddiUrsa
28th July 2006, 10:31 PM
the battle was nice, and manyula grew on me after this episode ( strange, the same happened with perap last week..I´m a commercial Whor*....) but apart from this...meh...

no funny moment in the whole episode...not even form team rocket...Meowth´s costume thing made me smile a bit, but that was all. I never watch preview because I don´t want to spoil myself with funny costumes and stuff, but this time..not even that helped.

oh, I liked how team rocket war eating their rice balls with james linking his fingers and everyone had rice on their faces ^^ looks like the japanese are enjoying to bring back japanese culture a little bit more.

in the end....a medicore episode with a few nice battle scenes and very nice music.

dannyphantomhott
28th July 2006, 11:28 PM
Err um I saw images for the episode, it looks like a cute one. But poor Ash LOL Holding both of those Pokemon on his shoulder every day, and with Aipom being the size he is in those pictures. Well at least it has to give Ash more mussels LOL.

Ash6K
28th July 2006, 11:31 PM
I bet Aipom ate 20 servings of May's pokeblock. Anyway, I feel sorry for it losing to Weavile though it makes sense since Weavile has to be stronger than it.

Bliksem
29th July 2006, 2:39 AM
Even though Aipom is inexperienced, I really don't think it was fair for it to have been defeated quite so thoroughly, and in quite the manner it was.

HoennMaster
29th July 2006, 7:02 AM
I'm not surprised he hasn't had Aipom for long, of course it would be defeated easily.

Pika Hikari KT
29th July 2006, 11:35 AM
And did I mention the size of that monkey? Holy Cow, has it taken steroids or something?!
Nope, just bad art teams.XD Aipom and Pikachu both looked horrible this episode.;__;

Onijon
29th July 2006, 3:08 PM
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/1421/vlcsnap137750zk8.png

Omg. >_>

Ash6K
29th July 2006, 3:11 PM
^ I'm surprised that Ash can hold up Aipom, especially with Pikachu on his other shoulder. Though this episode was good, the animation for Aipom and Pikachu were horrible.

Geodude
29th July 2006, 3:29 PM
I'm somewhat surprised that Ash didn't call for a doubly supereffective Focus Punch, but it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway.

EmbersBackUpSinger
29th July 2006, 3:31 PM
i cant wait to see this in america!!!!!

Riva
29th July 2006, 5:38 PM
Why is the size of Aipom and Pikachu ALL people care about? What about the obvious plot?

PlusleMinun
29th July 2006, 7:14 PM
I looked at the pictures and what is with aipom? IT's HUGE!!!!!!! Looks like a good episode though, probably another year and half till we see it in America.

Sim
29th July 2006, 7:28 PM
The animation in this episode wasn't bad, but the Aipom size and wired Pikachu pic is wierd.
Err It was bad. Apart from the problem with Aipom's size, there was sloppy animation here and there in this episode.
There was a few animation errors in this episode too.
Yeah, sorry to break it you, but this episode's animation was BAD.

ShadowDragon16
30th July 2006, 3:12 AM
Odd, when Ash first caught Aipom it was the same size as pikachu, but an episode later it just grew. Maybe its the same like in Xiaolin Showdown, A item called the "Serpents Tail" was larger than a subway train, but an episode after that, it was the size of a pen. I think japanese writers sometimes make mistakes like that.

CyberCubed
30th July 2006, 3:30 AM
Decent episode overall. Nothing amazing, yet nothing horrible either. The animation in this episode may have been less than stellar, but damn, they sure got May's figure right. Very nice.

Aipom getting KO'd so easily may be setting it up for some sort of 180 in the future.

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th July 2006, 3:32 AM
May would have a good figure to you even if she looked like my sig. XD

Yeah, Aipom seems to be closer to evolving each episode, especially as it may now want to train and get better.

CyberCubed
30th July 2006, 3:34 AM
^ There are fat Misty pics like that too, hers are more disturbing.

Geodude
30th July 2006, 3:44 AM
The animation in this episode may have been less than stellar, but damn, they sure got May's figure right. Very nice.
They sure did, especially in the opening scene (http://www.geoscreens.com/may/ag184laughing.jpg) and the 7th-inning stretch (http://www.geoscreens.com/may/ag184stretch.jpg). :p

TeddiUrsa
30th July 2006, 4:23 AM
I noticed this too. A good sign..may looked a bit to flat for my taste in the last batch of episodes. ( not to sound like I only look at that or only like woman with big breasts ^^; )

I didn´t find the animation this time that bad, there are way worse examples for a bad animated episode. And animation error have been in almost every episode since day one.

Yamato-san
30th July 2006, 5:20 AM
No, that was just to advertise the 4th gen Pokemon.

Let this Weevile nonsense die, please. It's just another 4th gen Pokemon that will never be with any main character. There are tons of new great 4th gen pokemon we don't even know about yet, the writers are going to give those to the main characters, not this.

don't get why people want someone to catch a Manyula so damn badly. I can bet anyone that Silver's Nyula is gonna end up evolving into one in the Special manga.

V, it is so f***in' great to see you're still alive. ^^ What the hell happened? Forgot to announce some vacation leave (should've took an example from Heracross)?

Geodude
30th July 2006, 3:07 PM
http://www.geoscreens.com/misc/ag184-4kidswouldfreakout.jpg
Good thing 4Kids won't be dubbing this...

Korobooshi Kojiro
30th July 2006, 3:10 PM
LolZ, WEavilL Sexorz!

But this episode was a tad more violent then usual, maybe the writers relaized they were free from 4kids!

Crimsonmon
30th July 2006, 5:55 PM
Even though we've had them for the last few episodes, I just noticed that the voices in the movie previews are dubbed over, quite badly also. But I suppose it's bareable as these things are keeping the damn trivia quizzes away.

Anothing random thing that I noticed: Not only did the Shadow Balls explode, but they actually exploded, rather than just turning into a pretty light show.

Overall, the episode wasn't as good as the Scyther one.

S.Suikun
30th July 2006, 6:47 PM
Just saw the episode. It was alright. Better than the Perap filler, at least. I am so freaking glad that the episode did not pull a cliche by having the Sneasel evolve at the end. Anybody notice how the park rangers always have the most generic designs in the show? I've seen background characters with more detail.

One of the things that could have helped make the episode more emotional would be to tweak the background music, which was actually pretty sub-par for a Japanese ep. Sure, they cued the slow and teary stuff for the flashbacks, but they could have done better with say...the final battle and the entrance of the other 4 Weaviles.

Gravy
30th July 2006, 6:56 PM
Yeah...I don't know where you guys are getting this 'May had a better figure than usual' stuff from. I'm just not seeing it, even with the examples Geodude provided. But hey, let's save that for topic for a rainy day~

Eh. I thought the episode was crap. I didn't care about the Weavile, I didn't care about the Sneasel, I didn't care about the pathetic excuse for a COTD, I didn't care about that shrub in the 5th scene, I didn't care about anything. Been there, done that, licked the spoon. It offered nothing new apart from a decent 4th gen dude, which just isn't enough for this whiny punk.
I'd like to say the fight at the end was this episode's saving grace, but sadly it was let down by horrid animation. Infact, the whole episode was let down by horrid animation. Hell, I might have liked it a fraction of an iota more if there had been something nice to look at.
And ffs, someone needs to be fired for being totally inept at keeping Aipom to it's correct size. It's just embarrassing and shows how sloppy this crew really is.

*Patiently waits for Juputoru and her amusing commentary to make this episode seem better than it was*

Geodude
30th July 2006, 9:53 PM
Yeah...I don't know where you guys are getting this 'May had a better figure than usual' stuff from. I'm just not seeing it, even with the examples Geodude provided.
Another example. (http://www.geoscreens.com/may/ag184profiles.jpg)

The Great Butler
30th July 2006, 10:12 PM
^ There are fat Misty pics like that too, hers are more disturbing.

WTF. That's all I can say, really.

To make this post on topic......it looks like an enjoyable episode. The rivalry between the outcast Weavile and the rest of the pack was an interesting idea as was having Aipom get its head handed to it.

The Benmeister
30th July 2006, 10:20 PM
Jeez, how did they manage to stretch the very meager plot that this episode had in the first place to an entire episode's length? It's just replacing Scyther with Manyula, I tells ya!

And it's a shame, too. Because I concur that nearly everyone on this board was eagerly anticipating Manyula's debut in the anime, only for it to be made up of lumps that the episode crew found in a sewer one Tuesday lunchtime. Animation = no, plot = no, putting Manyula in the episode = no. It deserved better treatment than this.

At least Aipom got owned.

Ash6K
30th July 2006, 10:51 PM
At least we got to see Weavile in action. If we didn't see the Weavile fights, this episode would probably be REALLY boring and pointless.

Geodude
30th July 2006, 11:15 PM
What about Meowth dressing up as a Weavile? That had to have at least a bit of redeeming value.

Feity
31st July 2006, 2:48 AM
...beh, I'm getting a bit tired of Shadow Ball. And Aipom needs to go on a diet.

Chatsy
31st July 2006, 9:18 AM
May looks pretty much the same to me :/

Of course, nothing can be compared with the start of AG - DAY-UHM!

Shadow Ball has always been used a lot, no doubt, but what the hell was up with this overkill of Shadow Balls?! And Swift missed its target. Geez.

*Patiently waits for Juputoru and her amusing commentary to make this episode seem better than it was*
Go to her LJ and ye shall see~

Juputoru
31st July 2006, 3:21 PM
Go to her LJ and ye shall see~
Pressure pressure ;o;

-Ash and co are doing stuff.
-Aipom runs off.
-Weavile beats up Aipom.
-Some guy comes along.
-Weavile flashback.
-Meowth puts on a crappy Weavile disguise.
-Stuff happens.
-More Weavile show up.
-Weavile beats up another Weavile.
-The Weavile become friends in the end.
-Ash and co leave some guy's house while the sun sets.

Oh, you wanted humor? Sorry 'bout that.

-Forest, forest, Ash-tachi, Aip...HOLY **** THAT AIPOM IS HUGE.
-IT'S BIGGER THAN PIKACHU! O_O
-Oh, and May says stuff. BUT AIPOM IS HUGE.
-Aipom's REALLY REALLY BIG. Its head is about four times the size of Ash's head! Its torso is about as big as Pikachu's head!
-Ash chides Aipom for something. Most likely for becoming so FREAKING HUGE.
-May, Max, and Brock laugh after Ash is hit on the head by Aipom. Must have been taking lessons from last week's children, those three.
-They stumble upon a random clearing. Aipom is still gargantuan.
-Aipom and Pikachu jump off of Ash's shoulders, thus giving his back a period of respite from the slow, slow process of developing problems due to excess weight.
-Aipom is just AMAZED at every flower it sees. They're so...so...IDENTICAL.
-Pikachu just can't keep up!
-Pikachu freaks out when its short-term memory fails and it can't remember which patch of grass Aipom wandered into.
-Aipom wanders a while before realizing that IT DUN KNOW WHERE IT IS.
-The wind randomly blows. Why, you ask? Well, it's...
-DRAMATIC TENSION SO THAT WEAVILE CAN APPEAR!
-Then, out of the blue, all of Ash's Pokemon appear silouetted to save the day! ...oh wait, that's the opening.
-Weavile wants to battle for no particular reason. And thus random wild Pokemon wanting to beat up your Pokemon in the games makes that much more sense. Or does it?
-Aipom poses to battle, Weavile fires off a Shadow Ball, the resulting mini-explosion alerts Ash-tachi that HEY SOMETHING MIGHT BE GOING ON.
-It takes Ash a moment to remember that he has no clue where Aipom is at the moment.
-Weavile fires a Shadow Ball at Ash-tachi for no good reason. Dem things be AGGRESSIVE!
-Weavile then does a kickass backflip into the direction of the sun, thus blocking part of it out, and magically levitates while firing off another Shadow Ball. One-trick weasel much?
-Pikachu fires off a T-bolt at Weavile which is STILL defying gravity. This be the weasel of the devil, eh?
-Weavile dodges from a still position in mid-air?!?! Whuh? What's it using to change direction and actually move?!
-Weavile finally respects gravity again as it fires off another Shadow Ball, this time from the ground.
-Said Shadow Ball seems like it'd make a nifty lawnmower. Look at that grass fly!
-The explosion flings Pikachu allll the way to Ash's feet. But Aipom steps in to save the day!
-Weavile dodges Swift, shocking Brock, May, and Max. Obviously, since Weavile is blatently defying every rule in the book, including "all things must obey gravity" and "Swift always hits".
-Double Team is used to give Ash his own Monkey Army. Now, just give them wings to complete the manuveur and...oh, the Aipom are just charging at Weavile in a staight line while going "OOH AH AH AH AH AH! >:O"
-Weavile then dodges EVERY SINGLE SWIFT fired at it and uses Staple...er, Shadow Ball again.
-Aipom: O_O Max: O_O
-Shadow Ball FINALLY hits something that's not the ground. Also known as Aipom.
-Aipom's knocked out, and Weavile has disappeared as quickly as it showed up, fired off some shadow balls, and defied gravity.
-A random guy shows up and DAMN Aipom's still huge.
-Guy says some stuff and walks off with Aipom, while Ash-tachi run after him.
-TR parts some grass and discusses what just occured over rice balls and tea. Well okay, just rice balls.
-Jessie simply ADORES Weavile. Or maybe the rice ball. OR MAYBE SHE HAS A FETISH FOR WEAVILES MADE OF RICE.
-Jessie wants to catch Weavile, Meowth starts to talk about making it a present for the boss, and..."NO NO!" Jessie wants it for herself! While hearts and crescent moons fall in the background behind her.
-Jessie says something that pisses Meowth off(red anger vein and all!). No old-school scratching action, though.
-Jessie and Meowth argue while James stays out of it like the lover-not-a-fighter he is.
-Blah blah blah guy's house yadda yadda ooo flashback.
-Lots of Manyula and Nyula(not using JP names is getting too difficult as I keep hearing them x.x) in the...trees?!
-Guy(with a HOUNDOOM!) encounters that Manyula who fires a shadow ball at him(and HOUNDOOM!) and hey the flashback's over?
-Cut to the Manyula from before. Cue flashback. Man this ep has NOTHING.
-Manyula's walking around, apparently injured, when a Nyula appears! And the Nyula...sounds female! Nyula seems to be begging the Manyula to come back or something(did I mention that it's raining? Of COURSE it's raining! It makes it more dramatic!), but it doesn't work.
-End flashback. Manyula runs into forest.
-Stuff happens.
-Damn Meowth's Manyula disguise is ugly.
-Manyula slaps Meowth's paw for some reason.
-Must...not...get...distracted...from...episode...t o do something more...interesting...
-OH MY GOD WHERE'D MY WINDOW G...oh, I clicked the minimize button. Whew. ...yes, that was honestly more interesting than anything else I had to say ATM.
-Meowth is scared of Manyula and runs away.
-More stuff happens.
-Motto happens. Only notable thing is that the R is in pastel rainbow colors. WHADDAYA MEAN IT'S NOT RED?
-Jessie sucks up to Manyula-"sama" before fauning over it. XD
-Jessie then does the funky chicken in an attempt to convince Manyula to let her catch it.
-Max and May are repulsed by this display of bad dancing.
-The Nyula from the flashback is back!
-Nyula says stuff while Meowth translates. Of course, since I don't know Japanese it's not really helpful. :P
-Flashback!
-It appears that the (Man)nyula society's males and females are convieniently all Manyula for the males(get it? MANyula? ...yeah.) and Nyula for the females.
-A new Manyula with a random vine around its body appears!
-Meowth says something that I sort of understand with the Engrish "RIIDAA"(leader. Or maybe reader. XP)
-So it's a leadership duel!
-Both Manyula face off with the patented Manyula Shadow Ball.
-But wait! Newcomer Manyula distracts Current Leader Manyula with a Shadow Ball before scratching CLM in the face!
-Apparently one scratch is too much for Pansy Leader Manyula to take.
-And thus Manyula 1 went away because Manyula 2 defeated it in a leadership duel, thus exiling Manyula 1 from the...pack? Just like on Animal Planet!
-Manyula says stuff while Meowth still translates. Nyula is taken aback.
-Nyula says something about the new leader. MEOWTH IS STILL WEARING THAT UGLY DISGUISE.
-Ohshit. Manyula 2 is here, with several other members of its gang...er, pack?
-Jessie's ****** off for some reason.
-Jessie rushes in to help "Manyula-sama" but gets blasted off(along with James and Meowth) with a Shadow Ball for her effort.
-DAMN Shadow Ball makes some big explosions!
-Ash says something to encourage Manyula 1(who is currently being threatened by all those other Manyula, in case you forgot)
-The sidekick Manyula do some ninja moves before circling around Manyula 1, but get T-bolted by Pikachu at the EXACT moment when they happened to be within three feet of each other! Oh, and they're blasted apart, because EVERYTHING causes explosions now!
-I just realized that Pikachu's rear feet look really odd when it's on all fours.
-Leadership duel, round two! BEGIN! Cue dramatic wind!
-Ninja moves, defying of gravity, more Shadow Balls. Same old same old.
-Wait! Manyula 1 blocks Manyula 2's claw attack this time!
-Are Manyula part flying type or something? They stay in midair WAY too long.
-Manyula 1 recalls that Manyula 2 tried this shadow ball trick on it last time, but NEVER AGAIN!
-Manyula 2 is amazed that Manyula 1 has the memory span to react against tricks it tried before, this time by grabbing Manyula 2's claw and tossing it away.
-Manyula 2 is pinned, Manyula 1 is above it and starts to go through the motion of scratching the loser's face, but...
-It stopped short!
-Nyula is happy. It just wants everyone to get along, you know?
-And they do.
-Cut back to the house. Aipom's better(aside from being QUITE LARGE).

Yeah this ep didn't have much aside from Gravity Defying Manyula and Giant Aipom. D:

C.J. Ray
3rd August 2006, 3:28 AM
This is a cool episode. I can't wait until they dub it. I hope that PUSA doesn't decide to butcher the hell out of it because it has such violence.

CyberCubed
7th August 2006, 5:50 AM
This episode doesn't even have any more contact than usual.

mewfan1
13th December 2006, 4:44 PM
When is this gonna air in the US?

Knight_Ram
15th December 2006, 1:57 AM
It should air in a couple of weeks. Well it should, since they are rushing all the episodes which is so good! I'm glad about that. But other than that!

This episode looks awesome! Looks great, with the introduction of a new Shinou Pokémon to the anime series. I have yet to see it, but I'm looking forward to it.

CabbyFish
15th December 2006, 2:06 AM
This episode, as great as it is, probably won't be airing until January at the eariest. Fact is, if it was airing by the 31st, its title would've been revealed to us by now. But who knows, I could be wrong.

Knight_Ram
15th December 2006, 2:42 AM
This episode doesnt seem to be anything special, only that it has a Weavile in it. But im sure this episode will be a good filler.

Darkness Angel
13th January 2007, 2:51 PM
I'd seeing Weavile to bad he didn't show up eariler in the season overall I enjoyed the eppy.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2007, 2:55 PM
Ah...no Chiisaki Mono.

WaterDragon trainer
13th January 2007, 2:56 PM
This episode was great. Weavile was awesome. It was funny when Weavile threatened Meowth. I felt kind of bad for Weavile, but it was great to see Weavile beat his opponent. Although, it could’ve been better to see more attacks than just them Shadow Balling each other.

TogeticTheRuler
13th January 2007, 3:01 PM
Yeah, they could have introduced Shadow Claw though, but it was a good episode, and Aipom was HUGE in the begining O.o

CyberCubed
13th January 2007, 3:20 PM
Yeah, they could have introduced Shadow Claw though, but it was a good episode, and Aipom was HUGE in the begining O.o

The writers probably weren't allowed to introduce any new D/P attacks yet.

This is one of the last real fillers of the Battle Frontier saga, and at least its a good one. Weevile is like the new Scyther, in fact, this entire episode was very similar to the episode where Tracey caught Scyther back in the Orange Islands.

Does anyone else think PUSA makes Ash act out of character at times? He's a lot more arrogant and harsh toward Pokemon in this dub than he was back in the 4kids version. Likewise, at the end of the episode he said, "That Aipom is nuts," whereas if 4kids was dubbing this, they would never have Ash say that about one of his own Pokemon. Its a pretty sharp contrast, I think.

Otherwise a nice episode with the highlight being the Weevile battles of course. Jessie has wanted a Sneasel ever since Johto, nice to see she still desperately wants one and its evo all the way now.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2007, 3:24 PM
I noticed Weavile's ear was black instead of red when Pikachu was talking too it at one part.

old guard truthseeker
13th January 2007, 3:45 PM
The writers probably weren't allowed to introduce any new D/P attacks yet.

This is one of the last real fillers of the Battle Frontier saga, and at least its a good one. Weevile is like the new Scyther, in fact, this entire episode was very similar to the episode where Tracey caught Scyther back in the Orange Islands.

Does anyone else think PUSA makes Ash act out of character at times? He's a lot more arrogant and harsh toward Pokemon in this dub than he was back in the 4kids version. Likewise, at the end of the episode he said, "That Aipom is nuts," whereas if 4kids was dubbing this, they would never have Ash say that about one of his own Pokemon. Its a pretty sharp contrast, I think.

Otherwise a nice episode with the highlight being the Weevile battles of course. Jessie has wanted a Sneasel ever since Johto, nice to see she still desperately wants one and its evo all the way now.

My opnion is that partially because of WB worries, 4 Kids was having Ash act 'out of character'. He now sounds like a more normal kid these days to my ears, and he tells it much more like it is, instead of being bland at times. I don't think saying Aipom is nuts is being harsh, becuase Aipom IS nuts. I know that certain things have loosened up since Cartoon Network took over, and it came at the right time. The show needed to grow, and now it feels a bit like the old Warner Brothers 2 - tiered humor, which I happen to love.

chosen_one386
13th January 2007, 3:51 PM
This was a GREAT filler episode. Seems like the 4th gen ads are reaching the U.S. now. In the form of episodes, I mean.

Weavile was GREAT! I loved the back story to the episode and the female Sneasel is so cute... Though I was about to yell at her for choosing the rogue Weavile over the main Weavile!

Gravy
13th January 2007, 3:52 PM
Did Sneasel keep that really crappy, post 4Ever, 4Kids voice? I really, really hate that voice. And what did the Weavile sound like?
Honestly, the pokémon voices are all I'm really interested in.
Really. No, really!
"SNEYSUHL, SNE, SNEYSUHL!!!"

Shift
13th January 2007, 4:00 PM
I don't remember its voice in 4Ever, but Sneasle kinda sounds like a milder new Cacnea/Dustox, while at least the three-scarred Weavile kinda sounds like Sceptile.

Juputoru
13th January 2007, 4:01 PM
Did Sneasel keep that really crappy, post 4Ever, 4Kids voice? I really, really hate that voice. And what did the Weavile sound like?
Really. No, really!
Sneasel...well, I forgot its 4Kids voice(lucky me?), but it sounded more on the feminine side of Poke-voices(since the Sneasel's a girl and all), and I doubt that earlier Sneasel would have the need to sound like that, so...
I already forgot what Weavile sounds like, which probably means it wasn't terrible but it wasn't outstanding either.

This ep isn't that great of a filler imo, but it DID provide us with many shining examples of things exploding for no reason and gravity-defying Pokemon, so it wasn't that bad. Anime bizzarities are always a winner desu!

PANCAKE
13th January 2007, 4:31 PM
Oy. Shadowball has sure worn out it's welcome. I love how poor normal type Aipom gets plowed over by one. But just like Britney Spears not wearing any panties when cameras are around, it will remain a mystery.

Quote of the episode: We-VULL says, why'd ya follow me??

I KNEW one of the voice actors would read that Pokemons name wrong just like some people here were doing when it first debuted :D. Not a complaint by any means, just kinda funny to me.

I wonder where there was a Krispy Cream around in the woods. Jessie, James and Meowth looked really cotten mouthed without any milk. Oh wait, those weren't donuts. They were rice balls! I wonder if you can just pop some quarters in a vending machine in Japan and get one just like a bag of chips. I digress.

Overall, a better debut for a D/P Poke' than last weeks snooze. It was action packed with shadowballs and explosions and donuts and some machine guns. 7 outta 10 from me.
-Pancake-

Poke'Blaze
13th January 2007, 8:57 PM
IMO, that episode wasn't the best I've seen. Just a waste of my 22 minutes on a Saturday watching Cartoon Network. Jesse was hitting on a Weaville. I wonder where the rice balls came from. Shadow Ball Shadow Ball Shadow Ball! Don't know other attacks other than that???

It had a lot of action. Pikachu and Aipom got pwned by Weaville. The episode deserves 7.5/10.

Weavile_Striker
13th January 2007, 8:57 PM
Best filler episode I have ever seen. One part that didn't make sense was when Aipom was injured with a Shadow Ball. We all know Ghost type attacks don't affect Normal types like Aipom.

I do have to agree that Shadow Ball has overstayed it's welcome in the Anime. I was happy when I first say it in the Johto series, but now, it's just old.

The funniest part in the episode was when Weavile threated Meowvile(Yes, I combines their names)with a Shadow Ball, I couldn't help but snicker.

Kinda funny how Ash comments about Aipom weighing to much when it sat on his head at the begining and end of the episode.

Shiny Ho-Oh
13th January 2007, 8:58 PM
I saw only 20 minutes of the episode. I had to go somewhere so I couldn't see the last 10 mins. Overall I liked that episode

CabbyFish
13th January 2007, 9:45 PM
This was a great episode, and a great episode debut for Weavile. I loved the fact that Pokemon USA/TAJ Productions left all the translation of pokemon dialog and the flashback scenes proper instead of making cheesy audio edits. The only complaint I have was that Weavile sould've had a voice for when it was injured in the flashback.

Really. No, really!

I don't remember about the one's in the flashback, but the one Sneasel did have a new voice.

Quote of the episode: We-VULL says, why'd ya follow me??

I KNEW one of the voice actors would read that Pokemons name wrong just like some people here were doing when it first debuted :D. Not a complaint by any means, just kinda funny to me.

I realized this as well. I beleive it was Meowth who pronounced Weavile "Weevil." It's so coincidental since Zoppi also voiced Weevil from Yu-gi-oh.

Shadow Ball Shadow Ball Shadow Ball! Don't know other attacks other than that???

They both happen to know Slash attack.

Overall, Bill Rogers did an excellent job as the stray Weavile, and Michelle Knotz (I think) did an excellent job with Sneasel and the rogue Weavile. I have to admit Mr. Rogers, your Weavile voice is acually just as good as the 4Kids voice (maybe even better). What made you decide to do the stray Weavile, Mr. Rogers? I really loved its voice!

CyberCubed
13th January 2007, 9:48 PM
Too bad the soundtrack was still butchered in the end. The Japanese version used the music from Movie 6 when the two Weevile became friends.

I almost shudder to think what horrid music changes they'll make when May/Max depart at the end of the season.

Korobooshi Kojiro
13th January 2007, 9:54 PM
UGH! Weavile! It's Weavile Cybercubed!

Swirling Squirtle
14th January 2007, 3:52 AM
..... why is aipoms head and everything SOOOO big compared to ash and all? i remember in the

entei movie where aipom was this little cute thing and now its a gigantic annoying cute pokemon lol

ShinyManafi
14th January 2007, 3:55 AM
Decent episode, I've wanted to see this

They used Shadow Ball too much -_-

Shift
14th January 2007, 4:59 AM
Too bad the soundtrack was still butchered in the end. The Japanese version used the music from Movie 6 when the two Weevile became friends.

I almost shudder to think what horrid music changes they'll make when May/Max depart at the end of the season.
You said it, brother. That's the one thing that really ticks me off in the show nowadays, and I can't see it being any different in D/P. le Sigh...

Magical Needle Smash
14th January 2007, 9:01 PM
I fully understand that the games and the show are entirely different things, and I can normally respect that, but I still find it annoying to see Swift dodged so easily.

Jorah
14th January 2007, 10:54 PM
..... why is aipoms head and everything SOOOO big compared to ash and all? i remember in the

entei movie where aipom was this little cute thing and now its a gigantic annoying cute pokemon lol

I thought that too, it seemed huge in this episode

It was an OK episode, nice to see Weevile, but it wasn't that great

RageKaiser
15th January 2007, 12:08 AM
Is it just me or did the riceballs look a bit..."off" in this episode?

Anyways, I did like the episode, I've seen it in English and Japanese.
There was only one problem with the dub. PUSA needs to break the 4kids habit and start using the original background music. Thats my only complaint.

Btw, looks like Aipom got huge...But for this episode only apparently.

Red Ryu
15th January 2007, 1:15 AM
Is it just me or did the riceballs look a bit..."off" in this episode?

Anyways, I did like the episode, I've seen it in English and Japanese.
There was only one problem with the dub. PUSA needs to break the 4kids habit and start using the original background music. Thats my only complaint.

Btw, looks like Aipom got huge...But for this episode only apparently.

True, although some moments of silence in the series are just pointless so some BGM is welcome at those times, but other than that they need to keep original BGM when it is present.

Legendary Raikou
15th January 2007, 1:16 AM
Ahh this episode was kinda boring if you catch my drift...

wobbanut
15th January 2007, 11:51 PM
This was one of the best episodes I've seen in the last few weeks. Apart from the first two Grand Festival episodes (I missed CTBZ), the show's been slightly lackluster since the first Battle Pyramid episode. This episode, however, was terrific. I loved the whole weavile story, with one trying to usurp the other's leadership, and them working out a truce in the end. It was a very well-done dramatic story. The female sneasel's voice wasn't too bad. At least in a few places it sounded like sneasel's old voice. New Ash continues to get better with this episode too. :) And I liked that nothing bad happens to Team Rocket as far as the twerps are concerned in this episode, it's so rare. Funny that they end up getting blasted off by a shadow ball. I LOL'd when Jessie accidentally revealed herself when she stood up in the bushes. Jessie having a crush on weavile was both disturbing and hilarious at the same time. ;)

Best line of the episode:
James: "Oh dear. Every tie they get like this, some awful thing either erupts, excretes, or explodes."

Overall, 10/10.

CyberCubed
18th January 2007, 5:49 AM
This was one of the best episodes I've seen in the last few weeks. Apart from the first two Grand Festival episodes (I missed CTBZ), the show's been slightly lackluster since the first Battle Pyramid episode.

Not counting the GF eps, there's only BEEN three episodes since the first Pyramid battle. :rolleyes:

Roconza
19th January 2007, 3:28 AM
I thought the plot was to clique(did I spell that right?)I mean how many times have they did the pokemon fights to regain his leadership *couch*...Scyther. or for love.I'm not surprise they seem to repeat plots alot.Aside from that this was a so so filler.

why is aipoms head and everything SOOOO big compared to ash and all?

That bugged me too I don't remember her being so big

Cobalt_Latios
19th January 2007, 5:13 AM
This wasnt a bad episode. Im rather surprised they used the same Weavile voice from the 8th movie. Also, its a little strange how they portrayed the Weavile's as being males and Sneasel's as being females. Pretty good though.

The funniest thing though was when Meowth gets "dressed" up as a Weavile. Im sorry, but if that Weavile honestly thought that Meowth was a Weavile... well...

Ash's little speech towards Weavile was actually pretty neat. Why Shadow Ball, why. They could have used Faint Attack, they could have used Slash. But why Shadow Ball. Not only is that a ghost type attack, but that should do very little to the opposing Weavile. And they barely used any ice type attacks.

Just one question: why didnt Mime Jr appear in this episode? I mean, ive seen it in "every" episode since Sweet Baby James, except this one. Then again, i forget that Mime Jr has a pokeball(guess i just solved my own question).

overall okay: 7/10

~C_L~

Roconza
19th January 2007, 5:44 AM
Just one question: why didnt Mime Jr appear in this episode? I mean, ive seen it in "every" episode since Sweet Baby James, except this one. Then again, i forget that Mime Jr has a pokeball(guess i just solved my own question).

didn't she pop up in the motto?..I can't recall

ImJessieTR
20th January 2007, 4:49 PM
it was nice I guess, but a little too "lion king" for me -- I mean, c'mon, I was expecting the twerps to sing Hakuna Matata towards the end ;D

Somorio
20th January 2007, 7:53 PM
I actually enjoyed this episode, even though it reminded me of the scyther, umm whatever episode that was, can't seem to remember. but anyway It was great, the over use of shadowball didn't irratate me at all really. I suppose they are wild pokemon after all, and as such are limited in their attacks, I suppose. or maybe since it was a tribe, shadow ball is like their own special technique that they try to work on too perfection, it's like the tribes signature move or something like that.

the only thing i had a problem at the end was the truce between the two uhh hmm can't remember the name for some reason. it started with an m manyula was that it or was that the jappanese name. ahh it's like i have all timers or something. but yeah the two of them had a truce at the end, after just having a bloody battle to the death. (not really) and they forgive eachother so easily just because the sneasel girl makes them both hold hands. i mean i guess i kinda see it happening. but it just dosen't feel like that would actually happen. anyone else agree?

lol ash pratically called aipom fat.

he said your even heavier then last time.lol it's probably because of aipoms oddly largely porportined head of his.

actually i kinda like aipoms head gigantic like that, it makes him look actually kinda adorable

Sir Devious
20th January 2007, 9:20 PM
Sneasel sounds retarded I like the old voice. Sorry, but his name isnt "Snea-sille".

Gravy
20th January 2007, 9:30 PM
Sneasel sounds retarded I like the old voice. Sorry, but his name isnt "Snea-sille".
Pffft. The only good dub voice Sneasel ever had with 4kids was in the 4th movie. That voice was awesome. Every other time it appeared, it sounded like a freaking robot. At least PUSA were sticking to the source material here and had the Sneasel talk with a soft, young voice to fit it's personallity, like it did in the japanese version.

Medea
21st January 2007, 1:16 AM
Wow, I didn't comment on this episode last week...Weird! Oh well, it was an okay episode for the most part (not one of the greatest). In fact, this episode reminded me so much of Tracey Gets Bugged and Odd Pokemon Out. An ugly combination of the two if you ask me.

Roconza
21st January 2007, 2:25 AM
Wow, I didn't comment on this episode last week...Weird! Oh well, it was an okay episode for the most part (not one of the greatest). In fact, this episode reminded me so much of Tracey Gets Bugged and Odd Pokemon Out. An ugly combination of the two if you ask me.

that what I think they keep up with same old plots....

Did any body find Jesse's behavior creepy in this one.....

Pacman
22nd February 2007, 3:12 PM
Weavile = Cool.

I think I may use one on D/P.

Leona
22nd February 2007, 3:55 PM
this episode was the worst episode of season 9

Ashy Boy
14th April 2007, 10:41 AM
What did Jessie say when she got blasted off?

old guard truthseeker
14th April 2007, 3:48 PM
What did Jessie say when she got blasted off?

"It's the end of MACHO!"

DaMike52
15th April 2007, 3:12 PM
I didn't like it how Aipom got hurt by Shadow ball. THAT SHOULDN'T HAVE HAPPENED!

Ashy Boy
26th April 2007, 11:45 AM
So typical of Jessie. She wanted something so badly (for instance Weavile) that in the end she got nothing as always.

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 10:10 PM
Personally, I think Weavile are ugly Pokemon. The only thing I like about this episode is that Sneasels appeared.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 11:48 AM
it wasn't a very good episode if you ask me, i've seen them better, 6/10

Littlemyuu
14th June 2009, 9:10 PM
Nah, not a great episode =/
it was nice to see Weaville...but nah..not my fave

catzisconfus
15th August 2009, 2:16 PM
i give this episode 6/10 cuz it was kinda the usual pokemon thing, it was boring and nobody really cared about the weavile/snealsel ... it was boring

Surfer_Dude
24th October 2009, 1:37 AM
Ye, weavile is awesome! Pretty good episode

Ash-kid
12th December 2009, 3:25 PM
Boring episode.
Except from Weavile, i didn't love anything.
At least Aipom appeared.

Lorde
8th January 2010, 2:46 AM
Another perfect oppurtunity for a new capture, down the drain.

I liked to see the rivalry between that group of Weavile. They were nasty and I had wished to see Jessie catch one.

Apart from their debut, which should have occured in Sinnoh but was in Kanto to excite Pokemon fans, it was dreadful. 3/10

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 1:57 PM
One of the best filers of this series! First the revelation of a new pokemon Weavile...... and story of their conflicts... excellent episode

Painkiller2001
18th January 2011, 4:06 PM
Hm. for some reason YTV didn't play this epsiode (or the show before it, or even the show(s) after it either) because it's *checks the station* still stuck at a white "Corus Entertainment" screen. Weird.

And I was really looking forward to this episode too!

Oh, well. Looks like I might have to watch it online when I get the chance.
Because something tells me it'll be a looooooong while before it ever get's played on YTV again.

G50
27th April 2011, 2:23 AM
This episode was ok... It was cool to see Weavile for the 1st time. Weavile is a very strong Pokemon. I'm not surprised that Weavile easily defeated Aipom. This episode made Aipom look very big. It was interesting to see how violent this episode was. As usual Jessie was falling in love with Weavile, considering how much she wanted Sneasel, not too surprised. It was odd to see Aipom get hurt by Shadow Balls.

20/100

Vernikova
28th September 2012, 7:16 PM
This episode should be burned to the ground. It's bad filler episodes like this that make re-watching this show difficult.

Caseydia
2nd October 2012, 5:01 PM
Oh Terra, I just love that sense of humor. But I have to agree with you abit. I didn't like this episode much either.

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 1:33 AM
My ears...my ears. Dear god, my ears.

I don't know what's worse about things here:

Ash? He has a sore throat with cigarette smoking issues.
May? Sounds like she's been sucking way too much helium...self-explanatory, really.
Max? Old lady.
Brock? This was when Bill started to become obnoxious as Brock, IMO. He started getting really rough and gruff in the role. Didn't like it one bit. :/
James? Good, actually. Still sounded like he had a cold, but Zoppi could still act here. At least he still halfway resembles the former VA, which is better than I can say for the others besides Jessie.
Jessie? Helium ingestion, here we go. Sounds like an 8 year old Jessie. Best impression, though.
Meowth? Bad Blaustein impression. Eh, it's better than his BW dub voice.

Speaking of it, man, Ash was a prick in the TPCi dub when TAJ Productions was the recording studio. Sheesh. His voice is extremely rough and ear-grating to me.

The episode itself was boring, though. Talk about pointless and annoying to watch.

Weavile's voice was okay. Still not as good as his 4Kids voice, but tolerable. Good job Rogers, but again, you're no Stuart to me...at all.

6.5/10 is more than fair on this one.

matt0044
13th June 2013, 1:37 AM
My ears...my ears. Dear god, my ears.

On the bright side, it shows you how far they've come in voicing compared to now. Sarah as Ash mostly.

Okay, it's not that bright.

Brownie
31st December 2013, 1:04 AM
-#23: Duels of the Jungle! (http://www.pokemopolis.com/pics/eps/bfrontier/duels01.jpg)

Like many other episodes, this one starts with them walking (they're heading to the Battle Pyramid), but this time, Aipom is out of her Poke Ball, too. Aipom pushes on his head, Ash remarks that she must have gained weight, and the rest of them laugh, but I don't crack a smile...

After they reach a field, Max and Brock say something about how good it is to see the sun and smell the air again., Aipom and Pikachu roam go off to play, Aipom gets lost and encounters a Weavile. Weavile uses Shadow Ball, causes an explosion, which gets the gang's attention. They catch up to Aipom, and Ash tries to beat the Weavile with Pikachu, but fails. After the gang talks down to the audience, they dodge a Shadow Ball meant for Pikachu, and Ash says this line:

"Everyone in good shape?" (Who worries about their friends like this?)

So Aipom takes over again, but Weavile's Shadow Ball takes it down. Other than the fact that it shouldn't affect Aipom at all, it went down too easily.

May: That was so rough!

They're trying to make this up to be some huge deal, but May's choice of words severely downplays it. Anyway, they look back to see that Weavile is gone, and a plot device named Kerrigan comes by, saying he has a hut for Aipom to rest in...it took no less than two Shadow Balls, and it's out of commission? This is worse than that hospital scene from Pika and Goliath!...but I digress.

As they go to the hut, Team Rocket pops up. Meowth says they should stay away from the Weavile, while Jessie wants it all to herself. You'd think she'd want it so Giovanni can have a Sinnoh Pokemon before Ash does, but no, she just wants it. Meanwhile, Kerrigan introduces himself, saying he watches over the forest. After Ash's friends introduce themselves, they stand in the background for most of the rest of the episode. Plot Device tells them about Weavile. Basically, Weavile was part of a group of Sneasel and Weavile, but it left the group, so now it spends its time challenging random trainers and Pokemon. Plot Device decides to go outside, and Ash wants to tag along. However, PD tells him it's too dangerous. Of course, Ash manages to convince him to let him tag along. How? Well...

Ash: I can't just let other Pokemon get beat up! Not the way that my Aipom did.

I actually laughed at that line for quite a while because of the wording. Aipom was so hurt by Weavile that it has to rest while everyone else leaves, yet the situation is downplayed once again when Ash says "beat up". Without context, you'd think that Aipom just lost a casual battle (which, if you watched the Aipom vs. Weavile battle, is basically what happened...).

So Ash and co. search for the Weavile, but it's not at its usual spot, so Max gets the idea of Pikachu sniffing it down. We cut to Weavile, who has a flashback of himself and a Sneasel in the rain. Meowth comes to him in a crappy Weavile disguise, but it scares him away. Meowth tells his teammates what Weavile said to him, but Jessie isn't having it: She whines at him, saying that if he doesn't go back there, she'll do worse to him. Ash and co. then arrive at the scene, with Pikachu approaching Weavile and talking to it. Meowth translates the first two sentences, but couldn't understand the rest because they were talking too fast. Drama Queen Jessie whines at him again, which gives away their position. They say the motto, and Jessie gets closer to Weavile.

After that, a Sneasel (the one from Weavile's flashback from earlier) comes to Weavile, and they start talking. Meowth translates again: Weavile wanted to know why Sneasel was following, but Sneasel tells him that she just wanted to escape from the Weavile that this Weavile fought for leadership. After Weavile lost the battle and its leader status, it ran off and became a stray, and started challenging random trainers to get stronger, which brings us to where we are now. As if on cue, the current leader and his pack show up, and Sneasel cowers behind Weavile, which has Jessie angry for...well, no reason. Weavile blasts them off so we're not subject to anymore nonsense from her.

Meanwhile, Ash gives Weavile a pep talk. What do I mean by "pep talk"? Well...

Ash: Ya like that? Ya like that. They're gonna drag your Sneasel friend back with them. Are ya just gonna stand there and let them do that? Ya let that Weavile walk all over ya before, and now...you're just gonna let that Weavile walk all over ya again? *after Ash's Pikachu gets rid of the other three Weavile* Come on! I thought ya said ya were gonna get soooo strong!

So after that, the two Weavile battle it out, the good one wins, and they form a truce. Weavile thanks Ash, they go back and get Aipom, who applies pressure to his head again, Ash makes a weight joke, they all laugh, Aipom runs off, the end...

Overall, I thought this was a below average filler. The humor department was sorely lacking, the COTD was one of the blandest in the entire series (and was a plot device to boot), Ash and co. spent most of the episode in the background, and it just wasn't overall that entertaining.

Highlight(s): Weavile and Pikachu were talking too fast.

PokemontrainerY
22nd January 2014, 9:41 AM
This was a totally boring filler episode. it introduced a 4th generation Pokémon weavile, but that's about it. I found the Weavile's personality was similar to Tracy's Scyther, in fact, the whole episode was quite similar to "Tracy Gets Bugged!".

I am not surprised to see Weavile beating Aipom so easliy, that Pokémon deserved some beating for her mischievous acts anyway.