PDA

View Full Version : How can I find ultra-rare and ultimate-rare cards in booster packs more easily?

Cipher_Admin
28th July 2006, 5:04 PM
I need help on which packs to buy so it can be easy enough to find those cards.

Judai Yuki
28th July 2006, 5:08 PM
It's not which packs you need a precise scale to weigh the packs with.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
28th July 2006, 5:19 PM
Buy more packs and keep trying will increase your chances of getting those cards.

But there is no way to judge which packs have rarer cards in them without opening them, you'll have to buy more or get lucky really.

Or buy single cards, I do a lot but not uber rare ones just commons/rares/super rares I might need, though I did buy an Ultimate Rare Power Bond from Ebay one..

Judai Yuki
28th July 2006, 5:27 PM
Meh.I'd say weigh them i'm bringing a scale to the Sneak Preview to weigh TP8's.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
28th July 2006, 6:36 PM
Meh.I'd say weigh them i'm bringing a scale to the Sneak Preview to weigh TP8's.

-Judai
Wouldn't people think you were weird if you sat their weighing packs of YGO Cards in a store >_>?

Judai Yuki
28th July 2006, 8:55 PM
Err well maybe if it was a store.But this is a Sneak Preview i'm not trying to waste my money when I can bring a pocket scale and pull a Magical Arm Shield.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
28th July 2006, 9:00 PM
Good luck :0 I guess, if it works I may buy a pocket scale xD.

Kenouni Renashin
28th July 2006, 9:18 PM
Buy more packs and keep trying will increase your chances of getting those cards.

But there is no way to judge which packs have rarer cards in them without opening them, you'll have to buy more or get lucky really.

Got it in one.
On another forum I'm part of, we had a whole five page thread for this, and it turns out that none of the methods really work. It's all about luck.

;249; Kenouni Renashin ;250;

Kenouni Renashin
28th July 2006, 9:32 PM
Edit:
*Blasted computer*

Haruka's Swimsuit
28th July 2006, 10:15 PM
Err well maybe if it was a store.But this is a Sneak Preview i'm not trying to waste my money when I can bring a pocket scale and pull a Magical Arm Shield.

-Judai

That really makes no sense. It's not like you get to choose packs at the Sneak Preview- you give them the money and they give you a bundle of five packs. I fail to see how that's going to change anything, unless you're planning on not opening any packs that your scale says weigh more.

Rudimentarybrain
28th July 2006, 11:05 PM
I dont play or collect yugioh, but there is something that works for every card game. Buy MORE! Especially Booster boxes. and if you dont pull what you wanted, at least you have an amazing amount of cards to trade with other people to get what you want.

Judai Yuki
29th July 2006, 2:53 AM
That really makes no sense. It's not like you get to choose packs at the Sneak Preview- you give them the money and they give you a bundle of five packs. I fail to see how that's going to change anything, unless you're planning on not opening any packs that your scale says weigh more.
I'm not talking about weighing the packs of POD since that would be impossible, i'm talking about weighing the packs I buy at the sneak preview from other people.

-Judai

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
29th July 2006, 3:11 PM
Most stores actually have cards behind the counter, so it stops you weighing them out. However, some stores just have them on the shelves, and when I go to them, I weigh them out, but then people look at me, I just pretend that I am busy counting how many boosters I could buy. That is how I got my Shining Phoenix Enforcer and my Burst Return, I just compare the weights of two packs, and buy the heaviest.

Otherwise, just use Luck, it's how I got most of my E heroes and good cards. I was just lucky. (Like on tuesday when I brought 2 EOJ packs and got E hero Wildwingman and Cyber Prima, both super rare)

Cipher_Admin
29th July 2006, 3:59 PM
Most stores actually have cards behind the counter, so it stops you weighing them out. However, some stores just have them on the shelves, and when I go to them, I weigh them out, but then people look at me, I just pretend that I am busy counting how many boosters I could buy. That is how I got my Shining Phoenix Enforcer and my Burst Return, I just compare the weights of two packs, and buy the heaviest.

Otherwise, just use Luck, it's how I got most of my E heroes and good cards. I was just lucky. (Like on tuesday when I brought 2 EOJ packs and got E hero Wildwingman and Cyber Prima, both super rare)

Would you trade you Elemental Hero Shining Phoenix Enforcer?
PM me if you want to trade.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
29th July 2006, 4:26 PM
Would you trade you Elemental Hero Shining Phoenix Enforcer?
PM me if you want to trade.
ER... *Looks over to E hero deck* nah

and that post would be considered as spam..

either way, yeah, you CAN weigh them out, even though you have to be careful that your hands are at an equal height, and most stores do have their boosters behind the counter (remember, if you know someone who works in the store, you could try and blackmail them, and get banned from the store for life and get your friend/relative fired :P)

Paraqua
13th August 2006, 6:35 PM
Did you guys think about slightly bending the boosters? (just to feel how hard it is)

Most of the times, boosters which bend easily, might just only have a rare. Boosters that are harder to bend, might contain a Super, Ultra or even an Ultimate Rare.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
13th August 2006, 11:42 PM
Did you guys think about slightly bending the boosters? (just to feel how hard it is)

Most of the times, boosters which bend easily, might just only have a rare. Boosters that are harder to bend, might contain a Super, Ultra or even an Ultimate Rare.

That'd be the other way around. Foil is easier to bend than the cardboard Yu-Gi-Oh cards are made out of, so the easier to bend, the more foil, the higher the rarity. I'm not actually sure if this works though, since a few people I know have tried it, and they kept getting the same rares over and over. Maybe they vary the foil in different rares to prevent this? Weighing them is probably the best bet.