PDA

View Full Version : Seasons (Poem)

BirthdayPirate
29th July 2006, 1:40 AM
I wrote these a while ago, so they may not be my best work, but I like them anyway. There's four of them, one for each season. Please R & R!

Summer

Sticky sweet summer fun
Drips like honey from the sun
Lifts us up, sets us down
Tickles smiles, sops up frowns
Cotton candy on the breeze
Corn dog batter follows these
Lay and pant in the prickly grass
Summer days will come and pass

Autumn

Age and older I bereave
With the falling autumn leaves
Rustling upon the ground
As the others spindle down
Resting at my worn feet
Fragile lives incomplete
Not yet dead, not quite prime
As is all in autumn time

Winter

Life is gone, the reaper reigns
O'er the snowy winter plains
Ice seems soft, but I feel bound
To warn you not to touch the ground
Lest your fingers freeze right there
And the cold eat you bare
Death is hardest to resist
These winter nights won’t be missed

Spring

Life is back with the rain
Spring has sprung alive again
Frost is gently washed away
To let the flowers bloom today
Glory is once again beholden
As the daffodils shine golden
The joy of life glazes all
Spring has come again to call

Leon Phelps
30th July 2006, 4:19 AM
I don't think you're supposed to post them seperately and I think it belongs in the non pokemon fics section, but whatever.

This isn't your best work? Your poems were great. I'm having trouble deciding which one I like the most. Good job, you're really talented.

BirthdayPirate
30th July 2006, 4:38 AM
Thanks! I'm glad you like them. I've edited them all into one post as you suggested, but they really do belong here; I wrote them with a sort of underlying theme of Pokemon evolution. I would have said so in the first post, but I wanted to let people get their own impressions from the poem.

chrisivy
30th July 2006, 5:31 AM
Nice poems. I wrote on too. It's ~*~*Defender and Surrender~*~*
You could find it and read it for yourself... (nervous)

katiekitten
30th July 2006, 6:09 AM
...Chris, that is kinda advertising. It's not kinda, actually. It is advertising. Your bit about asking the writer to read your story is five times larger than your comment on their poems. XD

Anyways...

I really do like these poems! They're lovely, with some really nice words thrown in. The Autumn poem has to be my favourite, with Christmas shortly after. The way you explained the fallen leaves was very nice, which is why it is my favourite. =D I guess it is because I am more of a depressing person. XD

I must admit, I don't really see the link between pokemon and these, but then I am not that much of a poetry person. XD I still like them, though! =D

Keep up the good work!

Hahahabvc87
30th July 2006, 10:40 AM
B-U-TI-FUL! :D

Not yet dead, not quite prime
As is all in autumn time
Favourite line! ^_^

It's actually winter where I am now, but I kinda like it here - my homeland is hot all year round, and it's kinda refreshing to have cold weather once in a while! That's my point of view though, but I dunno if other people get it! ^_^"

I must admit, I don't really see the link between pokemon and these, but then I am not that much of a poetry person. XD I still like them, though! =D
You took the words straight out of my mouth there... XD

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to new poems if you decide to post them!

BirthdayPirate
30th July 2006, 3:44 PM
chrisivy: Thanks, but... Well, read katiekitten's post, please. If I can find your poem later, I may review it, but in the future please just put a link in your sig if you want reviews, 'kay?

katiekitten: The autumn one is my favorite, too. I can see how someone wouldn't see the Pokemon link, since it's not supposed to be obvious, but I thought it was relevant enough to be in this section. That, and no one reviews in the other forum. :P

Hahahabvc87: That's one of my favorite lines as well, along with the first one from that poem and the winter one. Winter is actually my favorite season, but I was going for a sort of circle-of-life/Pokemon evolution thing, like I said, so I wrote it as the season of death (with spring as birth, summer as life, and fall as age).