PDA

View Full Version : Flying Pikachu!

Don Knotts
29th July 2006, 4:52 AM
Do you want one? Are you willing to go all the way to NYC to get one?

IchigoX55
29th July 2006, 5:13 AM
I live in NYC. if it is possible to even get one, how do you?

Sapphire Phoenix
29th July 2006, 5:37 AM
i don't think there is a flying pikachu but if there was one then that would be cool to get!:D

Don Knotts
29th July 2006, 5:51 AM
www.pokemon.com

Check the latest news. Looks like on August 8th, the final Pokemon National Tourney will occur (rumored to be hosted by Hulk Hogan http://www.cubed3.com/news/5599 ) and what more, the top 20 download from the JAA will be available (no sign of Celebi though)

However, to go along with the flying Pikachu Macy's day parade float, the top 20 will include a flying Pikachu (I assume this means a Pikachu that knows fly).

I'm still on the fence about going to this event, as I live 4 hours away from NYC. But it's tempting.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
29th July 2006, 5:58 AM
i want that pikachu!

Sapphire Phoenix
29th July 2006, 6:00 AM
Ok then... Damn, this is another reason that I wish that I lived in NYC instead on the other side of the country.

Rukario2000
29th July 2006, 6:01 AM
COOL!! (Now if it only had baloons on it...)

Mewbiraxys
29th July 2006, 6:11 AM
Wow first time i ever heard of a flying pikachu available...
hey is it possible to have a pikachu that knows both surf and fly at the same time?

rocky505
29th July 2006, 8:46 AM
darn i wish i was going to new york for my vaca but im going to flordia.

Don Knotts
29th July 2006, 4:39 PM
Is it possible to just breed a flying Pikachu? I would imagine it might be.

But regardless, it's a pretty cool give away. I assume that like the rest of top 20, this Pikachu will be at level 70. with electric moves, normal moves, and a flying move, he'll be pretty formidable.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to go, the more I think about it.

As for Mewbiraxys' question, I figure that if you have a Pikachu who has surf (from Pokemon Box) and this Pikachu, you could eventuallty breed a Pikachu who knows both. HM moves are always inhereted, right?

C.J. Ray
29th July 2006, 9:14 PM
No, Fly isn't one of Pikachu's egg moves, so breeding it won't work.

Why would you want a Flying Pikachu anyways, other than to counter Grass Pokemon. Except for Lileep and Cradily, all Grass Pokemon can taken down with Body Slam. :rolleyes:

Icicle
29th July 2006, 9:35 PM
I want that Flying Pikachu.. maybe for the simple fact that I just love Pikachu.. but I think that would be a nice addition to my team :3

Tenacious Nel
29th July 2006, 9:43 PM
What else is going to go on at the event? Are they going to offer any of those Tickets to get legendaries? Sorry, I've never been to a Nintendo Event. I aplogize for my n00bness. But anyway, Flying Pikachu sounds nice. I wonder whats next... Psychic Pikachu?

lego2will
29th July 2006, 9:46 PM
I'vd been to the one in DC (I live here...) and the last one, NY. Now I'm hoping to get this flying pikachu (my one I got didn't know it...) if my parents let me... It is my birthday, but I was kinda spoiled... I doubt many kids went to 2 events...

Icicle
29th July 2006, 9:46 PM
What else is going to go on at the event? Are they going to offer any of those Tickets to get legendaries? Sorry, I've never been to a Nintendo Event. I aplogize for my n00bness. But anyway, Flying Pikachu sounds nice. I wonder whats next... Psychic Pikachu?

I'm going to the event.. and as far as I know none of the tickets are being givin' out at the event, but that can change.. and I hope it does I want Lugia/Ho-Oh for my FireRed version >_<

magnemiteZ
29th July 2006, 9:54 PM
I laughed rather hard when I found out Pikachu could learn Fly.
I don't want one though.

.::Escalator::.
29th July 2006, 10:03 PM
Who gives a damn about a pathetic pokemon who knows a pathetic move? If it were a Raichu with Aerial Ace, Surf amd Focus Punch, maybe. Gah, I'd rather get a Meganium & a Suicune, anyways, pokemon that aren't hideously disfgured with craptastical stats.

Koubagia
29th July 2006, 10:23 PM
You'd only really want it to show off. But that's fine, it's like having a shiny.

Hoshi no Kabii
29th July 2006, 10:25 PM
I hate Pikachu, so I don't care.

I could just trade a duped Serebii for a duped flying Pikachu when D/P come out, anyways 8D

water types rule
29th July 2006, 10:33 PM
Well this sucks! I'm so sick of these stupid special events! Why not at the JAAs before this?

Hoshi no Kabii
29th July 2006, 10:34 PM
Because Nintendo likes to piss people off.

mewfanforlife
29th July 2006, 11:41 PM
I really don't care about it, but to me it's never been a big deal to get Pokemon with special moves.

Jaster
29th July 2006, 11:48 PM
Pikachu cant fly in less it has wings.

Hoshi no Kabii
29th July 2006, 11:50 PM
Pikachu cant fly un less it has wings.
Haven't you seen the TCG art? He uses balloons.

Naruto Uzumaki
30th July 2006, 12:07 AM
i wish there was a flying Pikachu!But Even if there as I couldn't go all the way to NYC just to get it Mother would get angry!They never have Events were i live!

Trainer Rachel
30th July 2006, 12:33 AM
I'd love to see how Pokemon Battle Revolution will handle Flying Pikachu :D Probably do the balloon thing... and I assume that Japan will include an animation for that, even though I don't think there's ever been a chance to get a Flying Pika over there, but I just hope they dont forget to include it for us....

SuperSonic
30th July 2006, 12:35 AM
I live in NYC. I might go but if they were giving out celebi it would be for sure. I'd really like a Celebi.

Hoshi no Kabii
30th July 2006, 11:20 AM
I'd love to see how Pokemon Battle Revolution will handle Flying Pikachu :D Probably do the balloon thing... and I assume that Japan will include an animation for that, even though I don't think there's ever been a chance to get a Flying Pika over there, but I just hope they dont forget to include it for us....
The same way it would handly a flying Dugtrio/Diglett. It just...flies.

Kinrah
30th July 2006, 11:58 AM
i wish there was a flying Pikachu!But Even if there as I couldn't go all the way to NYC just to get it Mother would get angry!They never have Events were i live!

Yeah... sometime in the future maybe... here in the UK the only Pokemon related events in my area is a TCG tournament that sometimes happens in a hall somewhere.

Back on topic... I'd love to have a flying Pikachu.

Pikachu
30th July 2006, 4:25 PM
I'm going to try my best to get a good natured one. Providing those guys could let cut in line once because I'm a competitor.

Kabuto
30th July 2006, 5:20 PM
Fly on Pikachu, now I've seen everything. Unless it is attached with the balloons in the picture, I do not see how that is possible. Oh well, I might still go.

greatfire
30th July 2006, 5:59 PM
The original Flying Pikachu was the one depicted in the TCG card (http://www.serebii.net/picture.php?TCG/Promos/25-pikachu.jpg) and it was used as a source of inspiration to Chu-Chu, Yellow's Pikachu.
The Flying Pikachu was already given in a japanese promotion, btw.

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
31st July 2006, 4:51 AM
im defntly going so im getting it

Cloud Strife
1st August 2006, 7:08 AM
It has been released in the first generation, and yes, I will go get this one too.

Don Knotts
3rd August 2006, 2:52 PM
I haven't been able to find out anything new about flying Pikachu or the Aug 8th party. My workplace shut down all .com sites, so this is the only site I can go to now from work.

I assume it wont have the balloons, as no AR or Gameshark hacker has found that sprite on the R/S/E/FR/LG carts. But that would be awesome.

Anyone found any other news about the event on Aug 8th?

Tenacious Nel
5th August 2006, 5:40 PM
Just asking for the sake of asking, but do you have to pay to participate in these events? Can you just mingle for free, or do you only pay to play in the tourney?

loopy100
5th August 2006, 5:59 PM
Great another promotion that doesnt come to the UK. Why do we miss out. We havent had any promos like these. no Mews, Jirachis, Deoxys nothing. Maybe ill have to move to america one day to even stand a chance of getting some of this stuff.

ITS NOT FAIR!

celebi23
5th August 2006, 6:14 PM
I'm asking you all for a great favor ( and to help out a fellow Pokemon fan). I unfortunately, cannot make it to the event in NYC due to College summer classes. If there was any way to get an extra Flying Pikachu & any of the other top 20 Pokemon (and either create a Gameshark game save of your game & e-mail it to me or mail me your game pak & i just transfer the extras) I would greatly appreciate it. Mainly, I'm just looking for the Flying PIkachu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cozmo canyon
5th August 2006, 6:23 PM
flying pikachu kind of sucks anyways :-\ if I could I'd get a surfing pikachu though.

snorlax4eva
5th August 2006, 6:34 PM
@ Ten Nel, entrance to the whole thing is free, but the tournament is only for the JAA Winners.
A flying Pikachu would be cool, is there anyone going that would be willing to clone and distribute a legit one?
On Another Note, Pokemon don't need wings or balloons to fly, like Pokemon with Metronome can use anymove. BTW, once in Pokemon Stadium I had a Snorlax use Metronome and it used fly, XD it was priceless.

loopy100
5th August 2006, 6:38 PM
@ Ten Nel, entrance to the whole thing is free, but the tournament is only for the JAA Winners.
A flying Pikachu would be cool, is there anyone going that would be willing to clone and distribute a legit one?
On Another Note, Pokemon don't need wings or balloons to fly, like Pokemon with Metronome can use anymove. BTW, once in Pokemon Stadium I had a Snorlax use Metronome and it used fly, XD it was priceless.

Thats ledgend! A snorlax who uses Fly! LOL! That will keep me smiling for a few days!

Tenacious Nel
5th August 2006, 6:44 PM
Thanks alot snorlax4eva for clearing that all up for me. Much appreciated.

Jirachi Chick :)
5th August 2006, 6:46 PM
i cant go to any events, i cant drive and no one will take me. so if anyone has Mew, Celebi, Deoxys, and now Flying Pikachu, PM me if u will clone it and trade it over Wi Fi for a clone of one of my Pokemon (I have Jirachi, Lugia, and will try to get Ho-oh soon, and have many lv 100s) when Diamond/Pearl come out :) :D ;)

kirby
6th August 2006, 4:53 AM
They're going sane with Pika.

MagTrick
6th August 2006, 6:22 AM
oh man i wish they do it here in the philippines too i wanna get celebi without cheating here

Avegaille
6th August 2006, 6:39 AM
I got that news on my email about a party going on in NYC... (even if I don't live in US... wtf... XD)

And yes, the Flying Pikachu is a give-away...

I wish I could have it... but neh... like what I already mentioned, I don't live int he US... =P

Sapphy
6th August 2006, 11:10 AM
Flying? That's pretty cool, wish I'd get one. Here in Norway, the only special Pikachu given away for the 10.Anniversary was one with Light ball attached x( I chose Lugia, Ho-oh and Entei instead:P

snorlax4eva
6th August 2006, 5:35 PM
Thanks alot snorlax4eva for clearing that all up for me. Much appreciated.

No problem, glad I could help.
Anyways, is there anyone going to this that will clone the Flying Pikachu? I will trade you almost anything I can get you for one, over WiFi when D/P comes to America!

Charizard006
7th August 2006, 12:39 AM
Why!?!?!?! I Used to live a fey hours away from NYC, then I had to move ALL THE WAY TO ALASKA. And as soon as I leave, all these great events start happening! Oh well, maybe I can mail my Gameboy and LeafGreen to my Uncle so he can download the pikachu and celebi:P

Kabuto
9th August 2006, 1:34 AM
As happy as I am with my flying Pikachu, I noticed two things:

A. its a male. That means I can't breed fly onto pichu (f*ck)

B. I can evolve it with no problems. (didn't save though)

EDIT: Wait, I think the baby gets the moves from the male. Why didn't my Pichu get fly then?

summnor1201
9th August 2006, 1:40 AM
Even if it was a female You wouldnt be able to breed fly to a pichu would you?

Bayleef
9th August 2006, 1:41 AM

EDIT: Wait, I think the baby gets the moves from the male. Why didn't my Pichu get fly then?
Because Fly isn't an egg move for Pichu. The Pikachu you got was just modded to have Fly, like using a Gameshark or something.

Kabuto
9th August 2006, 1:43 AM
Oh I see, so I guess you stick with what you have. And no Volt Tackle plus Fly combo then. Oh well, still satisfied. The ID number is 06808 reversed, being the date of the event. The trainer is still 10 aniv.

Xemnas

if you want more flying pikas cant you just use the emerald cloning trick?

summnor1201
Like the Pichu in pokemon box with Surf

Taruta the Blue Mage
9th August 2006, 1:47 AM
I got one of those, but that's all I got (Stupid only one Pokemon download shift >.<) But the Flying Pikachu sort of made me laugh. Taking me across Hoenn flying around somehow. Possibly using magnetic electricty to repel it from the ground. I tried breeding but I didn't get a Flying Pichu. Oh yeah I also got a female with a Light Ball, no need for me to hope to get one in the Saffari. XP At least you can get a Pichu with Volt Tackle if you get the Light Ball.

Kabuto
9th August 2006, 1:50 AM
Probably can fly as a result of the Macys Day Parade. Cool move really, now thunder can't hit it in midair and do much damage. Mostly using it as an HM slave. If anybody wants, I'll trade clones on WiFi.

Angel-FoX-crescent
9th August 2006, 1:57 AM
Well this sucks! I'm so sick of these stupid special events! Why not at the JAAs before this?

I agree!

Nintendo is really tight! Coz not every one can go to events I live in the UK
so what chance have I got next to nothing.

I want mew for god sakes!

come on Nintendo just give us a special disk with the game.

Jirachi Chick :)
9th August 2006, 3:27 AM
Like the Pichu in pokemon box with Surf

theres a pichu with surf? 0_o

jhammers2
17th April 2008, 3:15 AM
That would be sweet to use

Meg Is Hoenn's Champ
17th April 2008, 6:02 PM
theres a pichu with surf? 0_o
Yup,You could either get one at a special Nintendo event,In Pokemon Box Ruby & Sapphire or by buying one on Ebay.What happens is Pichu,Pikachu or Riachu hope on a orangish colored surft board when they use it.At least that's what happens on Pokemon Collosseum/XD.Too bad that I don't live in the U.S.A.,Where I live we never get any Nintendo Pokemon events or any other kind for that matter,I think the last one they had was the Mew event at Toy's R Us,like 2 years ago. :/

XxSaintx
18th April 2008, 3:20 AM
Lol ill just hack a Pickachu and save money and trade it for legends.

hello moto
18th April 2008, 3:28 AM
I would love to have one, but too bad that you cannot transfer them to D/P with that move.

AnOnYmOuS
18th April 2008, 4:05 AM
That sounds nice I guess.

PhoenixFever
18th April 2008, 4:43 AM
Not a big deal for me, I can just hack a flying pikachu with my gameshark.

PkmnTrainerJ
18th April 2008, 9:40 PM
A Flying Pikachu would be hilarious. Maybe if I have some spare cash to go to NY by then

Er...hold on. On that C3 News site, did you check the date?

27.07.2006 at 11:02

It was done two years ago. I remember PE2K reporting on it now. The flying Pikachu was for 3rd Gen games.

Doomy
23rd April 2008, 11:13 AM
I'd rather have a flying Raichu, tbh.

Oh well, when you live in New Zealand flying Pikachus arn't an option....Hehe

Lickilicky
28th April 2008, 7:15 PM
Wow first time i ever heard of a flying pikachu available...
hey is it possible to have a pikachu that knows both surf and fly at the same time?
it's possible with hacks :)

maxx unlimited
9th May 2008, 9:34 PM
I wouldn't be.
NYC is really far for where I live.