PDA

View Full Version : Your Contest Pokemon

Tenacious Nel
29th July 2006, 9:12 PM
Hey, I've recently gotten REALLY into the Contest aspect of the having after watching my first jap episode of Pocket Monsters (Haruka vs Shuu in some contest). So, I figured we could have a thread to discuss our Contest Pokemon and so forth. This is what I have so far:

Milotic
Personality: Modest
Move Set:
Surf
Recover
Safeguard
Blizzard
Ribbons: Beauty Normal, Beauty Super, Beauty Hyper, Beauty Master, Cute Normal, Effort, Artist

I'm currently working on a Bulbasaur for Cool Contests, Squirtle for Beauty, and Eevee for Cute. Anyone have some suggestions for move sets?

C.J. Ray
29th July 2006, 9:21 PM
Off-topic: Your first episode was the Slateport contest? :laughs: Sorry, I know you're probably new to the franchise or something, but this is just amazing that you haven't seen the old Pokemon episodes. There were three hundred episodes before Haruka showed up. :)

On-topic: On one cart(which I foolishly corrupted with a bad egg), I have a Crobat winning the Smart contest, a Smeargle winning the Cute contest, and a Vileplume winning the Cool Contest.

Tenacious Nel
29th July 2006, 9:29 PM
Off-topic: Your first episode was the Slateport contest? :laughs: Sorry, I know you're probably new to the franchise or something, but this is just amazing that you haven't seen the old Pokemon episodes. There were three hundred episodes before Haruka showed up. :)

On-topic: On one cart(which I foolishly corrupted with a bad egg), I have a Crobat winning the Smart contest, a Smeargle winning the Cute contest, and a Vileplume winning the Cool Contest.

Well, I've watched the dub for quite some time, though I've fallen off from time to time. But I tend to enjoy my anime in jap better than all dubbed up, so I DLed some random ep and it happened to be the Haruka Shuu match, which BTW, Combusken pwned in.

But, staying on topic, what was the Vileplumes move set, if you remember?

Icicle
29th July 2006, 9:31 PM
Hm, currently my contest pokemon in Sapphire are:

Takashi (Blaziken)
Nature: Naughty
Moveset:
- Slash (Cool attack)
- Aerial Ace (Cool attack)
- Blaze Kick (Beauty attack)
- Double Kick (Cool attack)
Contest: Cool
Ribbons: 5 (I have no idea what ones ^^'')

Deoxys
Nature: Brave
Moveset:
- Pursuit (Smart attack)
- Psychic (Smart attack)
- Psycho Boost (Smart attack)
- Cosmic Power (Cool Attack)
Contest: Smart
Ribbons: 1 (Smart Normal)

I'm probably gonna use my Mighteyna for Tough contests and either my Wailmer or Vulpix for Beauty contests. I just need to get some pokéblocks to up those stats.

starterlover1
29th July 2006, 11:09 PM
Milotic:
Hardy

Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Safegaurd
Blizzard

All contest ribbons and super sketch ribbon. (I raised it for contests so no other ribbons)

Jaster
29th July 2006, 11:32 PM
A lv.5 Treecho, it beat the master rank.

Mudkip3
30th July 2006, 2:29 PM
Well, I've watched the dub for quite some time, though I've fallen off from time to time. But I tend to enjoy my anime in jap better than all dubbed up, so I DLed some random ep and it happened to be the Haruka Shuu match, which BTW, Combusken pwned in.

But, staying on topic, what was the Vileplumes move set, if you remember?
Off topic- My first episode ever was when Jessie caught a Shellder. I just remember seeing the Slowbro and I thought that the thing on its tail was a Pokemon biting it (I didn't know they combined). I'm not sure if that was in Kanto or the Orange Islands, but where ever it was, it was pretty late in the series.
On topic- My contest Pokemon were Beautifly (Smart), Pikachu (Cool), Swampert and Registeel (Tough), Swampert and Slaking (Cute), and Milotic (Beauty). All I can remember is Swampert having a Serious nature and Beautifly having the combo of Harden and Tackle or something. Pikachu also had Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, and Shock Wave I believe.

Vycksta
30th July 2006, 2:44 PM
I haven't done the Smart contests yet, but my Pokemon have won the other four in Master Rank and got their portraits.

Beauty: Cayusuyr the Vaporeon with the Dive/Surf combo.
Cool: Fai-Miroke the Sneasel with a combination of Quick Attack, Agility and Aerial Ace.
Cute: Jakliona the Rayquaza with the Rest/Snore combo. Well worth the Battle Points to see a Rayquaza be classed as cute AND be called "pretty". *cackles*
Tough: Lin-Jira the Butterfree using the Harden/Tackle combination.

Kimori
30th July 2006, 7:00 PM
This is my Emerald Master rank contest team:

Tough: Regirock
Smart: Castform
Cute: Delcatty
Beauty: Milotic
Cool: Skarmory

They all have their pictures painted in the museum in Lilycove city! =D I can't remember their movesets or natures off hand, but I'll edit this post and add them later.

price
30th July 2006, 9:30 PM
Weel befor my frist shiny tentacool got delated it won the master beauty rank contest with the move set of: Ice beam,Blizzard,Surf,and Dive.I also on the same file had a Blaziken win up to the super rank.

water types rule
31st July 2006, 1:55 AM
Iv'e used:
Cool: Castform and Swellow(failed), but won all 4 with someone, but I can't remember who
Cute: won all 4 with Whiscash
Smart: Gardevior(failed) gonna try Dusclops again maybe
Beauty: Tentacruel(failed) but won all 4 with Milotic
Toughness: won all 4 with Marowak

Whiscash used the Water Sport/Mud Sport combo
Marowak used Bone Club/Bommerang(I think)
Milotic used Dive/Surf
and I don't remember the rest.

Cipher
31st July 2006, 2:11 AM
Behold my lovely Castform, winner of both Beauty and Tough Contests, (thanks to a large heap of Kelpsy Berries), and the rest of my current Contest team.

Nimbus the Castform
Nature: Relaxed
Ribbons: Beauty (all), Tough (all), Super Model (1)
Moveset: Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Hail, Powder Snow

Sparky the Manectric
Nature: Mild
Ribbons: Cool (all), Smart (3), Super Model (1), Elite Four Champion (1)
Moveset: Thunder Bolt, Thunder, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave

Honey the Gloom (Smart Contest trainee)
Nature: Careful
Ribbons: Smart (2)
Moveset: Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Stun Spore, Sweet Scent

Rocky the Regirock
Nature: Hardy
Ribbons: Tough (all), Super Model (1)
Moveset: Rock Throw, Anceint Power, Curse, Super Power

Anyone looking for an amazing Beauty Pokemon, try Castform with the moveset I've given it. Depending on what Pokeblocks you give it, it can win just about any contest with those combos. I managed to have it sweep through both Beauty and Tough by maxing out both Stats. I'm still looking for a Cute Pokemon to round it off, though.

jordman
31st July 2006, 2:56 AM
well, i have two contest pokes:

Ninetales- beauty contests

bellossom- cool contests

MEWTWO_PWNS_YOU
31st July 2006, 3:16 AM
i use suicune iin beauty

Golden_Latias
31st July 2006, 3:35 AM
I use my shiny Mawile in the Cool contest.

Trickster
Item:Red Scarf
Nature:Lonely
Ribbons:Cool (all), E4 Champion (1)
Moveset:Flamethrowr, Fire Blast, Sunny Day, Hyper Beam

Basic strategy. Sunny Day + Flamethrower/Fire Blast for the combo, Hyper Beam on the last appeal.

I know, the moveset is more fitting for a Beauty Contest, but Lonely natured Pokemon like spicy Pokeblocks, which raise the coolness. Despite the Beauty moves, she still performs well.

Powerful_Blaziken88
31st July 2006, 4:26 AM
I've got a secret combo for the beauty contest, never failed me once.

Combusken/Blaziken with nature supporting beauty
Bulk Up
Sunny Day
Overheat
(Doesn't matter you only need the first 3)

Ok here's what you do. Use bulk up three times in a row (yes I am aware you lose points for using the same move consecutively but this actually helps). You usually stay in last place and thus cannot be startled. Furthermore, bulk up raises condition which also helps prevent nervousness. On the 4th turn use Sunny Day, then on the 5th use overheat. Sunny Day will get you anywhere from 4 to 8 or 9 points I think, and overheat will get you 16 (6 original, plus 3 for your raised condition, 6 more because it's a combo, and 1 extra since it's a beauty move used in a beauty contest). This is almost always enough to bring you to first place. The only way this might fail is if your pokemon is unnerved, but with Bulk Up's support this is rare.

Aquarelle
31st July 2006, 6:44 AM
Mine: (On ruby)

Milotic
nature : Bold, i think
Moveset:
~Rain dance
~Hydro pump
~Ice beam
~Recover
Ribbons : 20
My best contest poke, it's one all the beaity contets and has its portrait in the Lilycove Art Gallery!

Barboach
Nature : dunno
Moveset:
~Water sport
~Mud sport
~Protect
~Earthquake
Ribbons : 5
It was my cute contest pokemon, but now, it resides full-time in the PC :p

Lunatone
Nature : ???
Moveset:
~Psychic
~Furture sight
~Explosion
~Confusion
Lunatone was my smart contest pokemon, but I haven't used it in a LOOOONG time. >_>

Lairon
nature : ???
Moveset:
~Harden
~Take down
~Hyper beam
~Earthquake
This thing was seriously good in contests... harden + take down was an AWESOME combo. That is, if it didn't get startled... >_<

Skarmory
nature : Same as above
moveset:
~Double team
~Agility
~Hyper beam
~Peck
My cool contest pokemon!

These pokemon all have portraits of them in the art gallery, but all but Milotic (Who's one of my main team pokes) haven't been used in a very long time. I don't play ruby anymore... O__o

pigmonkeyandsuzi
31st July 2006, 9:56 AM
on ruby i had :
chimeco - smart
zangoose - cool
gastly - tough
milotic - beauty (like almost everyone XD)
whiscash - cute

all painted and i have the glass trophy thing

~Flareon~
31st July 2006, 10:44 AM
My contest Pokemon in Emerald is Blaziken.

Vycksta
31st July 2006, 11:19 AM
Seems that a lot of people use Milotic for Beauty contests. Yay for being original? xD; *pats her Vaporeon*

Cipher
31st July 2006, 3:21 PM
Seems that a lot of people use Milotic for Beauty contests. Yay for being original? xD; *pats her Vaporeon*Please, Castform's where it's at.

Arbok of Doom
31st July 2006, 9:35 PM
All spoken of accomplishers of Master Rank

Cool Contest:
Skarmoryx3(all different): Aerial Ace, Agility, filler, filler
Plusle+Minun: Shock Wave, Quick Attack, filler, filler
Beauty Contest:
Geodude: Sunny Day, Flamethrower, Explosion, filler
Cute Contest:
Barboach: Rest, Snore, filler, filler
Whiscash: Water Sport, Mud Sport, filler, filler
Smart Contest:
Barboach(same as above)
Tough Contest:
Shuppet: Spite, Curse, Rain Dance, filler
Muk: Acid Armor, Rock Smash, Secret Power, filler
Aggron: Harden, Take Down, filler filler

Wig
31st July 2006, 9:55 PM
Smart:
Kadabra
Psychic
Secret Power
Shadow Ball
Recover

Cool
Swellow
Quick Attack
Aerial Ace

Swellow= Good. :>
Kadabra=Bad. >:

-Jolt-

Walking Contradiction
2nd August 2006, 11:09 AM
My best contest pokemon:
Manectric
TB
Shock wave
Facade
Hyper beam
Ribbons: 21 (including cool super sketch model)

Blaziken
Flamethrower
Blaze kick
Sky uppercut
Overheat
Ribbons: 20 (including beauty super sketch)

Marill is my cute, Registeel is my tough and Gardevoir is my smart super sketch model. (so I have teh glass ornament)

Tyranitarphantom
8th August 2006, 8:59 PM
cool-shiny pelliper;279;
beauty-regice ;378;
cute-chimecho;358;
smart-crobat;169;
tough-regirock ;377;

2Percent Miltank
8th August 2006, 9:09 PM
I'm thinking of entering my Kecleon, Sumi, into Pokemon contests. :x I don't know her moveset right now since I haven't really trained her yet. ^^; Lately I've been more focused on battles rather than contests. I'll probably enter Leiko, my Absol into contests as well. Her moveset right now is Swords Dance, Slash, Future Sight and Thunder Bolt. It's more of a battling moveset than a contest moveset atm. :/

Kikas123
8th August 2006, 9:12 PM
My Best Contest monster was:
Lady Whale (Wailord)
Held: BLue Scarf
Dive
Surf
Water Spout
Rain Dance

skyler,darkmaster
8th August 2006, 11:39 PM
for a reason unknown to me my contest pokemon are

sneasel(<3)

ribbons:all smart ribbons, elite 4 beater,hard worker and sketch model

tyranitar

ribbons: all tough ribbons,elite 4 beater and sketch model

sharpedo

ribbons: beauty ribbons normal,super,hyper(dont know WTF i was thinking)

well..thats it

Vycksta
9th August 2006, 6:04 PM
Please, Castform's where it's at.Nope, cause along with Milotic, Castform is greatly overused for Beauty Contests. ;P

Tyrannitar
9th August 2006, 6:46 PM
Sapphire:
Tough - Machamp
Cute - Azumarill
Beauty - Milotic
Smart - Castform
Cool - Xati

Emerald:
Tough - Ursaring
Cute - Kingdra
Beauty - Milotic