PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Battle Olympics! [Re-done and Revised] [PG-13]

Elite 4
2nd August 2006, 1:20 AM
Chapter: 1 The Beginning

It was 9:53 A.M. when Travis Rouge rolled out of his bed onto the itchy carpet floor of his bedroom. A large “BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT” made him pop right off the floor like a dog smelling food. Today was just going to be another ordinary day for Travis. Get up, get dressed, and watch Pokemon battles on the telvision. Travis always wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, but his parents said no since he was only twelve-years-old. All of his other friends went around town and played with their Pokemon and battle them too! Travis didn’t even own a Pokemon. And again, because he wasn’t old enough. Travis got up and walked to his wardrobe and pulled out a pair of faded jeans, a tan t-shirt and red vest. He walked down stairs and saw his mothe and little sister at the kitchen table eating pancakes his mom had made. “Where have you been? Your breakfast is getting cold!” his mother said harshly at him. Travis sat down and said “Sorry I was asleep. Is Dad back home yet?” Travis would always ask that. For 2 years he has been asking that every morning. His father went to some Pokemon tournament when fifty-thousand dollars for the family. Travis’s dad was a wonderful Pokemon trainer.

He had great Pokemon, was always nice to them, and trained them well. He told the family he would be gone along a time and that’s one of the reasons Travis’s mother didn’t want him to be a Pokemon trainer. Travis gobbled up his breakfast and went outside. He lived in a town called Annlow Town. It was a very small town but it was one of the most popluar places to go for Pokemon trainers in the entire land of Nakou. But why was it so popular?

Because the famous Professor Pine lived there! Travis would always go visit him and get tips about Pokemon. “Hello Travis! How are you today?” said Prof. Pine as he walked towards Travis while fiddling with some Poke`Balls. “Hey Professor, what are you doing?” Travis replied curiously. “Oh I’m just fixing these Poke`Balls they don’t seem to be opening.” Travis looked at them and picked one of them up. He flicked it a little and it popped right open. “Wow Travis! Thanks for your help!” “Oh anytime Professor! It was easy.” Professor Pine went to his computer and logged onto his mail account. He had gotten some news letters, but another message was from another a famous professor named Professor Oak.

The message was about Pokemon, which was very usual talk between the two professors. But what made the Prof. Pines’ eyes open up and sparkle like stars on a dark night was that one of Prof. Oaks’ students was entering the Pokemon Battle Olympics. That was one of the hardest challenges a Pokemon trainer could ever be apart of. It took skill, power, and knowledge to become the champian. The PBO, Pokemon Battle Olypics, was where you would have to battle nine skilled Pokemon experts and do different types of tricky challenges. It was hosted world wide! The professor turned around in the dark black chair he was sitting in. He looked at Travis and could see that he has enough skill to enter the PBO. But how could Travis enter? He didn’t have any Pokemon. Unless…..Travis caught some and trained them before the competetion…….

Travis looked at Prof. Pine. “Travis, are you interested in becoming a Pokemon trainer?” Pine said with a wink and a smile. “Of course I am!!!” Travis screamed. “But my mom would never let me….” he added. “Oh don’t worry about that.” Prof. Pine said.
Prof. Pine called Travis’ mom and asked if Travis could go into this tournament. At first she was very angry about this, because this the competetion Travis’ father went in. Travis heard the conversation and smiled huge. He grabbed some Pokeballs that were on the table and ran out of the lab into the grass. It was hard finding Pokemon, especially since he didn’t have any of his own yet. He saw a monkey sort of Pokemon jumping off from tree to tree. It had a long tail like a hand. It jumped down from the trees right on top of Travis’ shoulder! “AHHHHHHHHHH!” he screamed and started running around in circles. It just wouldn’t let go!

Travis ran quickly back to Proffesor. Pines’ lab. “What is this thing!! Get it off!!!” Travis screamed have a scared expression on his face. “Calm down. It’s just an Aipom. A joyful Aipom!” Pine replied happily. He took out a Pokeball but Aipom just wouldn’t go into it. The Aipom wrapped its tail around Travis’ head. It turned out the Aipom didn’t want to hurt. Just to play! It tickled a lot and Aipom and Travis started to giggle. “That’s your first Pokemon Travis! Catch some more!” Pine said. “You got it Prof. Pine!”

Now with Aipom Travis thought he could do anything. He went into the forest to fight some Pokemon. A Zigzagoon came running out of tree and started growling at Aipom, Aipom jumped off Travis’ shoulder and began to tease Zigzagoon by jumping from tree to tree. “Nice job Aipom keep at it!” said Travis. Aipom was making Zigzagoon very dizzy. Zigzagoon eyes wobbled and Aipom jumped down and used Tackle! The Zigzagoon ran away. “Nice job Aipom! Your first battle and you did great!” said Travis. “Ha. You think that that was a good battle? Your Aipom is weak!” said a mysterious voice from behind him. “Who’s there?!” yelled Travis. Out jumped Ken, a kid Travis went to school with. “Oh man Ken I told you to leave me alone!” Travis yelled. Aipom looked anagrly at Ken. “How about a Pokemon battle newbie!” Ken said with a smirk on his face.

“Let’s go *******!” Travis yelled. Ken threw a PokeBall and out came a Whismur. “Is that the best you got Ken?” and then Aipom jumped off Travis’ shoulder. “Let the battle begin!” Travis said. “Whismur use Roar!” Aipom wobbled a little but quickly got back onto his feet. “Aipom use Fury Swipes!” Aipom began to scratch Whismur. Whismur then used Pound and hit Aipom in the chest! Aipom tackled him to the ground and used Swift. Whismur fainted and Ken brought him back to his PokeBall. “You may have won the battle this time, but next time I’m gonna kick your cocky ***!” Ken yelled running away. “Yeah, yeah keep on talking.” Travis said.

Travis felt a sense of self-pride after defeating his first oppenent ever on his path to becoming a Pokemon Trainer. But, there was still a slight problem. Travis had only one Pokemon. He knew he would need a lot more before he entered the Battle Olympics. And Aipom would need to get stronger too! For a second Travis felt like he really couldn’t do this whole Pokemon thing. Travis walked slowly out of the dark forest back to his town. When he got there, he saw that a new-black-convertible car was parked next to Pines’ lab. “Who’s that?” Travis said slowly with a confused look. Travis walked though the sliding doors of Proffesor Pines’ lab and saw that a few lab workers, Prof. Pine, and a tall man with long silver hair that came down to the middle of his back and was wearing a nice black button up shirt with a black overcoat over it with clean tan pants.

“Come on in Travis I have someone who would like to meet you!” Professor Pine said waving his up in the air in ‘come over here’ motion.

Travis walked over to the table and the man with the long hair pulled out a seat next to him. “Travis this Dr. William Goodman!” Pine said pointing his finger at him. Travis turned his head and looked at him. He looked old but young at the same time. Dr. Goodman put his hand out Travis and they shook hands. “Hi Dr. Goodman, I’m Travis.”

There were papers scattered over the table and a few gadgets were also. “Umm, Travis, Dr. Goodman came all the way from Hoenn, he is Pokemon expert and wanted to know if he could train you for the Pokemon Battle Olympics!”

“You really want to train me?” Travis said with his eyes wide open. “Yes, you have potential.” William replied.

“Wow, wow, wow, wow!” “I can’t believe I’m going to be trained by a Pokemon expert!”

William laughed and said “So do you have any Pokemon?” Travis looked up but Aipom was gone. Then a large crash was heard in the room next door. “Umm yeah, and I think he’s next door….”

Travis jumped out of his seat and pushed open the door to the next room. The door was labeled, ‘Stored Pokemon’. Travis was worried and opened the door. There was Aipom opening Pokeballs and playing with Pokemon. “Aipom no! I’m gonna get in trouble!” Travis yelled.

All the Pokemon stopped and looked at Travis. Then they went back into there PokeBalls. Aipom jumped onto Travis’ shoulder and made a frown. “Your making me feel bad now Aipom..” Travis said and giggled a bit. Dr. Goodman looked at the Aipom and smiled. “You must have a just caught this Aipom, correct?”

“Yup, sure did.” Travis replied. “So I heard You wanted to join the PBO, eh?” said Dr. Goodman as they walked back to the table where the lab workers were sitting. “Yes I do.”

“Well you are going to need training, and Pokemon.”

“I know…” Travis said. Dr. Goodman pulled a Pokeball out with small diamonds on it. “In this PokeBall is a Piketon I used to win the PBO.”

“YOU WON THE PBO!?” everyone said with their mouths wide open. Dr. Goodman laughed and nodded. He reached out his arm and put the PokeBall in Travis’ hand.

“You will need this to get the PBO.” he said. “Inside that Pokeball contains a Lapras. You can use it to get the PBO on the Tusunii Islands.”

“Wow thank you.” Travis said looking at it. “Ok come on. We have a lot of training to do before the PBO starts.” Dr. Goodman also gave Travis a Pokedex and a PokeNav so Travis could record the Pokemon he found and caught and communicate with other trainers and his family. The two of them walked out of the lab and got into Dr. Goodman’s car.

“I want to take you to the place I always used to train when I was your age. It’s called the Rebella Gardens, there are a lot of grass Pokemon there.” Goodman said.
“Awesome!” Travis said looking out the window at all the Pokemon outside. Aipom sat quitly on Travis’ lap with a smile on his face looking at other Pokemon waving at him.