PDA

View Full Version : Best place to train? (Emerald)

KiryuTheDragon
3rd August 2006, 10:59 PM
What are some of the best places to train? Right now I'm trying to strengthen my Absol and Blaziken, along with raising a few others occasionally using the EXP Share, but the Pokemon at Evergrande just don't seem to yield enough EXP a lot of the time.

skilo
3rd August 2006, 11:03 PM
yeah, i've been trying to train my pokemons on emerald, and the only place to train is the evergrande place. it would be awesome if you could get exp from battle frontier.

lazyslothboy
3rd August 2006, 11:05 PM
match call is your best friend. Also, I don't know if you want to do this, but the Raqauaza at Sky Pillar is good choice for elite four. I used a lvl 48 swellow with half health use Endavor, it still took alot of luck though, so save in front of it first. I tried like 50 times before he finally got caught

Bigd616
3rd August 2006, 11:06 PM
The pokemon leauge or if you can secret bases. (if your friends are any good?)

alyssa
3rd August 2006, 11:12 PM
the best to train is the elite4 or match call

nevada11
4th August 2006, 1:48 AM
theres 1 thing to do... trade your pokemon to fire red!

Warri0r
4th August 2006, 2:00 AM
Don't you have to beat the Elite 4 first before you can trade with the FR/LG games?

Deputy55
4th August 2006, 2:04 AM
I say the Elite 4 or those water areas with all those water trainers.

KiryuTheDragon
4th August 2006, 2:04 AM

Only one problem with that idea, my friend.....or rather, a few.....

1.) I'm playing on a DS and I'm not sure about how I'd trade (unless I can do a link up wirelessly)
2.) I don't have any of the games other than Emerald (I only got my DS about two weeks ago, and haven't had a single portable Nintendo system since like Jan or Feb 2005)
3.) None of my friends really play Pokemon anymore

jalapeno
4th August 2006, 2:05 AM
Don't you have to beat the Elite 4 first before you can trade with the FR/LG games?

No, you can't trade with Fire Red and Leaf Green directly. You have to trade through either Ruby or Sapphire, and then to Fire Red/Leaf Green. Either game needs to be up to or past the part where you get the Ruby and Sapphire plates, and you can trade to that game.

Edit: To KiryuTheDragon, i'm sorry to say but you are probably in the worst possible situation to train your guys. Going through the elite 4 over and over seems to be your best option. You can fight steven once if you haven't already, but other than that, the elite 4 20+ more times could probably bring any guy with the experience share to level 100. It'll take a few hours, though, but it'll feel shorter if you're determined.

.Vaati.
4th August 2006, 2:34 AM
Just fight the trainers who want a rematch in Match Call or go to Sky Pillar.

Jalapeno, Emerald can trade with Leaf Green/Fire Red. All you need to do is get the Ruby and Sapphire after you defeat the Elite Four in Lg/Fr. This applies to Sapphire and Ruby version too. Lg/Fr can't trade with it right when you get the game. >>

jalapeno
4th August 2006, 2:54 AM
Jalapeno, Emerald can trade with Leaf Green/Fire Red. All you need to do is get the Ruby and Sapphire after you defeat the Elite Four in Lg/Fr. This applies to Sapphire and Ruby version too. Lg/Fr can't trade with it right when you get the game. >>

I know about the trading requirements... I've already beaten my Fire Red game and gotten the two gems, and i've already traded several pokemon (Charizard, Articuno, etc.) to my Sapphire game. However, every time I try to trade to emerald, it says something like "can't trade to other regions" or something like that, so I have to trade from Fire Red to Sapphire and then from Sapphire to Emerald.

Jolteonmaster2
4th August 2006, 3:04 AM
I think I have an idea. But you need a Gameboy Advance, a friend with a Gameboy Advance, another Hoenn game, a Gamecube, a Colosseum version, and two wireless link cables/a GBA link cable.

KiryuTheDragon
4th August 2006, 3:07 AM
I think I have an idea. But you need a Gameboy Advance, a friend with a Gameboy Advance, another Hoenn game, a Gamecube, a Colosseum version, and two wireless link cables/a GBA link cable.

That's an awful lot of stuff.....And as previously stated, I have a DS, not a GBA, and I only have Emerald.

[?]suicune[?]
4th August 2006, 5:29 AM
Battle the Elite Four!Just keep battleing the Elite Four

Kakashi Sensei
4th August 2006, 5:33 AM
I would have to say the elite four, there is no other place to battle high levels and get alot of money and EX points.

mewtworaiser
4th August 2006, 7:19 AM
Places to train:
1. Elite four
2. Artasian cave
3. Victory road.
These are the top three PLACES to train. The other options are:
1. Match call.
2. Secret base friend battle(s).

Chouru
4th August 2006, 7:49 AM
I would have to say you could battle the Reporters, Abby and Ty, over and over again. They go to three different spots. Route 118, route 120, and route 111. They go in a triangle. It's a double battle so if you want to train two pokemon at the same time, it might be ideal. Their pokemon only go to level 39 max though, but if you don't want to battle the elite 4 (I spend tons of money on items, I always have to heal after battling the elite 4, well almost always).

Abby has an Exploud and Ty has a Magneton. The Magneton is a bit tough, so I knock that one out first, the Exploud isn't that bad, it's easy as long as you don't try to use ghost moves on it.

If you really don't want to do that, then I would just suggest the Elite 4, and use the money you get from beating them to stock up on items, if you have some trouble beating them. Exp. Share works wonders here.

Polaros
4th August 2006, 8:02 AM
Not Victory Road- you get horrible EXP. unless your desperate (#3 spot) Match Call is Your Friend! And so are Abby And Ty!

shiron
4th August 2006, 8:52 AM
why not try ev training with the macho brace.

The Quagsire Kid
4th August 2006, 10:06 AM
Just go to a place where the wild pokemon are almost the same level as your pokemon and go to a pokemon centre every 2-5 battles, it works well because you can get up over 1/2 a level each battle and you don't have to worry about PP either.

RedLatios
4th August 2006, 1:02 PM
What are some of the best places to train? Right now I'm trying to strengthen my Absol and Blaziken, along with raising a few others occasionally using the EXP Share, but the Pokemon at Evergrande just don't seem to yield enough EXP a lot of the time.

The BEST place to train in emerald is DESERT UNDERPASS, orcourse u have to beat the game first but its worth it, just go to the fossil maniacs house after beating the game. In the underpass u'll find LOTS of dittoes around level 40 or so, but when u battle a ditto let it transform into ur pokemon before killing it, if u do this ull get more EXP and ull get great EVs ;380;

Storm_Dragoon
4th August 2006, 1:18 PM
I'd beat Wally over and over again. Easy to get a Pokemon to Lvl 100.

Kodan
4th August 2006, 3:23 PM
I suggest using match call because eventually they will get stronger and you will get more EXP, Another good way is to mix records with a strong friend and then go to there secret base to battle them once a day. Also, Ever grande is ok too.

-Kodan-

Seth_X_of_Fortree
4th August 2006, 3:32 PM
Try the people on cycleing road and between Mauville and Verdanturf.

KiryuTheDragon
4th August 2006, 3:37 PM
I'd beat Wally over and over again. Easy to get a Pokemon to Lvl 100.

I've been trying, but it doesn't seem like he wants to battle anymore.

I suggest using match call because eventually they will get stronger and you will get more EXP, Another good way is to mix records with a strong friend and then go to there secret base to battle them once a day. Also, Ever grande is ok too.

-Kodan-

Yeah, as previously stated none of my friends play Pokemon anymore, so I have no one to mix records with.

Try the people on cycleing road and between Mauville and Verdanturf.

But aren't those people pretty weak?

I Heart My Shuckle!!!
4th August 2006, 4:06 PM
match call's the way to go, my altaria gained 30 levels in about 3-4 days (it was at Lv.62 and now its at Lv.92) when i just focused on just training her, plus if u do find some way to trade with someone theres always lucky egg which gives u double the exp (5% chance wild Chansey's are holdin it in LG/FR)

Mew's Paradise
4th August 2006, 4:31 PM
I use to always train with pokemon hatched from eggs
I hatch them on the route with the daycare center and train them on that route i think it is tru what they say train were you met the pokemon and youll gain better EVs
I battled my arcanine on that route because it was born there when it grows its stats gain like 323324 when i train it anywere else i mainly get 322122
meh but dont listen to me try it out yourself