PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing/Dawn

Cipher
4th August 2006, 5:23 AM
There's a topic for the anime, so we might as well have one to discuss the ongoing manga. That said, has anyone else read a translated version of Chapter 75 yet? Here's a summation:

In a battle-side tent, Sir Islands meets with fellow Round Table member Rob Walsh. The two discuss the war. Walsh reveals that traitorous groups of vampires are being successfully fought back in nearly all the areas they'd managed to infiltrate, such as Canada and the U.S. However, the situation withing London is still worrisome, and the two begin to discuss a nuclear contingency option to stop the violence from spreading. Yet Islands has orders from the queen not to act while Hellsing still fights within the city. Walsh says that it is apparent now that there was a massive information leak to the enemy from one of thier organizations. Walsh suggests a Round Table traitor, mentioning Penwood, but Islands is quick to defend his innosence. Walsh points out that they are the only two Round Table members left, but Islands has another traitor in mind. Islands reveals that he had warned Walter repeatedly about the danger Richard Hellsing posed, telling Walter to keep a close eye on Integra and Richard at all times. Yet on the night Richard tried to kill Integra, Walter was nowhere to be found. Islands says that Arthur locked Alucard away because he realized what a powerful and dangerous drug Alucard was to rely on. Yet, without Walter to help, Integra was forced to unlock Alucard once again. He suggests that Walter may have been moving for a purpose all along. "If so," he asks, "Then when did he start betraying us? Ten years ago? Twenty? Or... Warsaw, 1944?"

It appears as though Walter had been craving to release The Angel of Death for years, and realized half a century ago that Millenium was the way to do it. Shocking. Discuss.

Spookz
4th August 2006, 6:19 AM
There's a topic for the anime, so we might as well have one to discuss the ongoing manga. That said, has anyone else read a translated version of Chapter 75 yet? Here's a summation:

In a battle-side tent, Sir Islands meets with fellow Round Table member Rob Walsh. The two discuss the war. Walsh reveals that traitorous groups of vampires are being successfully fought back in nearly all the areas they'd managed to infiltrate, such as Canada and the U.S. However, the situation withing London is still worrisome, and the two begin to discuss a nuclear contingency option to stop the violence from spreading. Yet Islands has orders from the queen not to act while Hellsing still fights within the city. Walsh says that it is apparent now that there was a massive information leak to the enemy from one of thier organizations. Walsh suggests a Round Table traitor, mentioning Penwood, but Islands is quick to defend his innosence. Walsh points out that they are the only two Round Table members left, but Islands has another traitor in mind. Islands reveals that he had warned Walter repeatedly about the danger Richard Hellsing posed, telling Walter to keep a close eye on Integra and Richard at all times. Yet on the night Richard tried to kill Integra, Walter was nowhere to be found. Islands says that Arthur locked Alucard away because he realized what a powerful and dangerous drug Alucard was to rely on. Yet, without Walter to help, Integra was forced to unlock Alucard once again. He suggests that Walter may have been moving for a purpose all along. "If so," he asks, "Then when did he start betraying us? Ten years ago? Twenty? Or... Warsaw, 1944?"

It appears as though Walter had been craving to release The Angel of Death for years, and realized half a century ago that Millenium was the way to do it. Shocking. Discuss.
Just read the translation the other day. Interesting break from the action. I'm admittedly impatient to find out what exactly Walter was up to that night when Integera released Alucard. Tricky butler, he is. Hopefully, either the manga or the dawn will enlighten us soon. I'm guessing it'll be explained in the actual manga though, perhaps a bit of foreshadowing in the dawn, but not a full out explanation.

I wonder if Walter was officially made a member of Millenium in the recent chapters of the manga, as implied so far, or if he was really under cover for all these years. It'd be more amusing if he had been under cover all these years. Clever ****.

Cipher
4th August 2006, 6:21 AM
Just read the translation the other day. Interesting break from the action. I'm admittedly impatient to find out what exactly Walter was up to that night when Integera released Alucard. Tricky butler, he is. Hopefully, either the manga or the dawn will enlighten us soon. I'm guessing it'll be explained in the actual manga though, perhaps a bit of foreshadowing in the dawn, but not a full out explanation. My two cents.Yes, we might be getting another chapter of The Dawn soon, and hopefully a conclusion in the near future.

Spookz
4th August 2006, 6:30 AM
Yes, we might be getting another chapter of The Dawn soon, and hopefully a conclusion in the near future.
I would imagine soon there'll be enough chapters of The Dawn to actually publish in book form. It's getting annoying having to read it online.

GhostMaker
5th August 2006, 10:08 AM
I was chocked when I read that chapter, but it makes sense...

That Scary Clefairy
5th August 2006, 6:17 PM
yea that chapter is starting to unravel many tight knots. Well soon see about Walter and who he really IS.

HK
6th August 2006, 12:59 AM
EIGHT. FUGGIN. PAGES. HIRANO. YOU. LAZY. A*S.

... Well, quantity aside, this was an interseting chapter.

I'm going with the long speculation that Walter had become a "double agent" or sorts during 1944... and I suspect it involves the event that we've seen unfold in Hellsing: The Dawn. Though, as to what that might be, I've no clue, since we've just seen him take on Hans so far, so as to why he would go to their side remains to be seen until we have more Dawn chapters, or else we are given an explanation in an upcoming chapter.

So, Hirano actually puts some plots and twists in Hellsing? Who would've thought?!

BattleFranky~40
6th August 2006, 1:09 AM
Just be happy that Hirano managed to stop his "activities" long enough to squeeze out a couple pages.

HK
6th August 2006, 2:58 AM
I would've been happy with his usual lazy but acceptable twelve pages. I'm sorry, but eight for a chapter? That's asinine.

Still an informative chapter, at least.

Cipher
6th August 2006, 5:45 AM
As for the butler:

He's very cocky, and has likely always been looking for a way to become the Shinigami, which seems to be something of an alternate personality for him as evedinced in Chapter 74, for quite a while. He most likely realized that Millenium was the way to do so at some point during the Dawn, and has been acting as a spy since that time. Alternately, he could've been an unwilling spy, inadvertantly leaking information via a chip or something of the sort inserted during the Dawn, and is now indeed brainwashed. However, I see him more as being an actual villain. Who knows, though? Maybe it's a double-double cross and he's still secretly working for Hellsing. Is that just too ridiculous?

HK
8th August 2006, 12:00 AM
As for the butler:

He's very cocky, and has likely always been looking for a way to become the Shinigami, which seems to be something of an alternate personality for him as evedinced in Chapter 74, for quite a while. He most likely realized that Millenium was the way to do so at some point during the Dawn, and has been acting as a spy since that time. Alternately, he could've been an unwilling spy, inadvertantly leaking information via a chip or something of the sort inserted during the Dawn, and is now indeed brainwashed. However, I see him more as being an actual villain. Who knows, though? Maybe it's a double-double cross and he's still secretly working for Hellsing. Is that just too ridiculous?

Yes, it is too ridiculous, but this is manga/anime we're talking about, so we come to expect such things!

Seriously though, I suspect that he has indeed turned about against the organization, willingly or not. The whole double agent aspect might've worked up until now, but after his return to the battlefield, I have serious doubts about that.