PDA

View Full Version : Completed National Dex?

The Edge
4th August 2006, 6:12 AM
Has anybody ever totally filled up their national dex on a third gen game?
Everybody's always saying how they only need celebi or they only need deoxys they only need mew or feebas or lugia. But has anybody ever gotten Every Pokemon Possible, without cheating?

If so, what happens when you get it? After you complete the Hoenn Dex (i've done that) all you get is a certificate, is it any different with the national dex?

Bonsly is pimp
4th August 2006, 6:23 AM
yep ive did it twice and i have one set on emerald and the other on box

Knuffy
4th August 2006, 6:31 AM
Unless you go to the events, or live in Japan, it is hard to complete the national dex without cheating. A person can not get Mew unless going to a nintendo sponsor event.

Powerful_Blaziken88
4th August 2006, 6:31 AM
If so, what happens when you get it? After you complete the Hoenn Dex (i've done that) all you get is a certificate, is it any different with the national
dex?
Yes, it's different, and it lies in the fact you get that certificate for completing the hoenn dex.

Isn't it impossible to do without cheating?

Bonsly is pimp
4th August 2006, 6:36 AM
the only pokemon i cheated on were Deoxys, Mew, and Celebi

Knuffy
4th August 2006, 6:41 AM
It is not imposable, if you live around the pokecenter in NYC. I do not live there and the tour do not go around my area, so in most parts of the USA, it is imposable.

MetalMario
4th August 2006, 6:58 AM
In most parts of the world, it's impossible. Self-absorbed Americans...

In Fire Red, I own 373 and have seen 376. Missing are Mew, Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr, Misdreavus, Sneasel, Mantine, Entei, Suicune, Ho-oh, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys.

The Totodile family are blocked until I obtain a shiny Treecko (or buy Colosseum), Misdreavus, Sneasel, and Mantine require me to buy Leaf Green or Colosseum, Entei and Suicune require that I restart my Fire Red (which I won't) or buy either Leaf Green or Colosseum, Ho-oh requires that I buy Colosseum, and the rest are completely unobtainable.

Unobtainables aside, Pokédex completion has to be the biggest sales gimmick out there. If you want to finish your game, you must first buy half a dozen other games.

shiron
4th August 2006, 9:28 AM
unless you live near nyc, you can drive, you have a friend with the pokemon, or your parents have all the time in the world, it's pritty much impossible without cheating.

Trooper Guy
4th August 2006, 10:49 AM
I did before in my Ruby. But yeah, it's practically impossible to complete without codes (or cheating, whatever ¬_¬).

zeppelin
4th August 2006, 12:08 PM
i still need a couple (mew deoxys and celibe charmander family,bulbasur famaily) and ive completed it

poke_girl
4th August 2006, 3:22 PM
I only need Mew and Celebi, but it's sorta filled :D

TogeticTheRuler
4th August 2006, 3:29 PM
Its really impossible for a person who cant trade let alone cant EVEN get to the events EVEN if your in america?Damn you parents, damn u,if ur in america,event there ,cant go cuz ur parents make up excuses!Feels really horrible ur so close to it,boom parents kill ur hopes D:

Bad Skitty
4th August 2006, 3:40 PM
have filled it but had to cheat (via .sav clones) only on the last three unobtainables though (deoxies, mew, celebi) all others were caught or bred.

If I ever could get these three the old ones would be deleated without hesitation.

Pranz
4th August 2006, 5:02 PM
i hd to cheat on deoxys,mew and celebi
its not possible for me to go to events I LIVE IN INDIA!!
No events take place here. :(
--Pranz

ArrEmmDee
4th August 2006, 6:34 PM
Unobtainables aside, Pokédex completion has to be the biggest sales gimmick out there. If you want to finish your game, you must first buy half a dozen other games.Not really. LeafGreen, Colosseum, XD, and Emerald makes every single obtainable available to you.

I just need Emerald. Though I'm not a dex completionist, so yeah.

dude man
4th August 2006, 6:50 PM
It will probably get easier with diamond and pearl because you can trade with anyone in the world your bound to find someone who has what you need

Jaster
4th August 2006, 7:07 PM
I have done it but it took alot of trading.

Comis Patronus
4th August 2006, 7:09 PM
No; I gave up on that many years ago. I just simply enjoy the games nowadays. Looking for all of them, trading, going to events-no.

Orion-Sama
4th August 2006, 7:17 PM
Yes. In my Emerald. Twice.

Too bad you only get a bleah Diploma with a Pikachu and a Wynaut. An actual prize would be great. Or at least a Diploma with Whitney winkin' at you and scarcely dressed... :(

As it stands, it's a big waste of time. Only for bragging rights and a crappy feeling of completion. =/

Ohh yes. You only need 380 Pokémon for the National Pokédex to be considered "completed". In addition, the following Pokémon don't count for the completion: Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys. If you get to 380, but one or many of those is one of the Pokémon I mentioned, you won't see the Diploma. You need all other 380 Pokémon besides those. :o

The Edge
4th August 2006, 8:58 PM
Well, through firered and colosseum (and its bonus disk) I've gotten every pokemon except for Mew, Lugia, Celebi, and Deoxys. I havent got XD yet and I've never been to a nintendo event in my life. Some people have however, and have gotten Celebi or Deoxys or Mew. Some people have been to two. But my question is has anybody ever gotten all three? And jirachi, ho-oh, and lugia? And all the other pokemon? I know SOMEBODY here has, probably more than one somebody.

Jolty77
4th August 2006, 9:16 PM
I have them all except Jirachi, Mew, Celebi, and Deoxys. I would love to get them, but have no way to do so.:(

wcgold
4th August 2006, 10:09 PM
I'm almost done. All I need is Omanyte, Omastar, Mew, and Deoxys.

Jyou of Snack Road
4th August 2006, 10:10 PM
I understand its all a great big promotional stunt and a way to drive people to go to their events and spend more money on their games and merchandise, but its pretty crappy when you live in South Dakota and can't get to the events in Minneapolis because well, you're fifteen, can't drive across the state and are in school.

(quick note: that was years ago, kids.)

I want to catch all 386, but I don't want to have to traipse across the country or even across the state to do it.

That doesn't make me a bad person, or even unsupportive of Nintendo. I continue to buy these pokemon games, and as long as they stay fun, I probably will continue to buy them.

It encourages the HELL out of cheating - I know the rules say we're not supposed to talk about them, but the very real existence of the Game Shark and Action Replay has to be mentioned here, and they've become pretty seductive ways to fill the pokedex.

I want to play pokemon games. They're fun. I bought Leaf Green, Emerald, and found a copy of Colliseum. This is something my girlfriend and I share, because we both love these video games, and enjoy playing them, raising up pokemon to fill the pokedex and battling, trading, and enjoy everything FUN about pokemon.

Having to plan for a road trip just to get one or two pokemon? That's not fun.

Gotta catch 'em all. That was the original tag line of the pokemon games, and yeah, maybe its been dumped since now you have to buy seventeen bajillion games to manage that, but to me, that's total completion of a Pokemon game: Catching them all.

thunderblade12
4th August 2006, 11:33 PM
i only need the 3 its impossible to get without the events(mew, celebe, deoxys)

goldfly2005
5th August 2006, 1:29 AM
i wish i could finish it, but i can't get mew,celebi,deoxys,or jirachi. i might get jirachi eventually from a friend though.

Naruto Uzumaki
5th August 2006, 1:32 AM
All I need is Deoxys,Mew,And,Jirachi in order to finish my national dex!

Aquarelle
5th August 2006, 3:25 AM
I need Lugia, Ho-oh, Mew, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Celebi to complete my dex, lol.
I can get Ho-oh and Lugia if I fix my gamecube and buy colosseum, and if my sister finds her fire red version, I can steal her Jirachi. :p
But I can't get Deoxys, Celebi, or Mew in this generation without cheating...

Tyranitarphantom
7th August 2006, 10:19 PM
it is impossible without cheats or going to nintendo events. luckily i have the jirachi disk and went to the journy across america thing

tyranitar.armaldo
7th August 2006, 11:00 PM
My friend had to cheat for mew, deoxys and celibi twice and gave me one of each because we could not go to nintendo events all the way in Japan or America because we are British. Every other pokemon in the pokedex I have caught though.

pkmn17
8th August 2006, 1:50 AM
I have never compleated a single Dex i heard you can only compleate the Kanto Dex but only if you understand Janpanese cuse you can only do it on green.