PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Fortress Structure Deck [review]

Kite.of.Autumn
4th August 2006, 5:42 AM
The strategy of this deck is phenomenal first off.

Your main two monsters are:

-Exxod, Master of the Guard
-Megarock Dragon

These are the main two seeing as the deck is made specifically for these two.

The OMG Flip LoL Dead Technique
Exxod, Master of the Guard
Earth
ATK: 0 // DEF: 4000
Rock/Effect
Effect: Card cannot be special summoned or set EXCEPT by tributing one card on your side of the field with SPHINX in its name. While the card is face-up (ATK or DEF), each time an Earth monster is Flip Summoned, inflict 1000 points of damage to your opponents Life Points

Alright now. These cards:

-Guardian Statue
-Golem Sentry
-Great Spirit
-Moai Interceptor Cannons
-Medusa Worm
-Guardian Sphinx
(some are multiple)

...are all EARTH types and have some variation of this effect:

-Once per turn, during your main phase, you may flip this monster into Face Down Defence Position.

So you're probably all like: Dude, who cares? Right?

WRONG!

This is great. Read Exxod's effect again. I'll wait...

...WAITING...

That's cool correct? With these cards, and Exxod, you have a combo.

Loophole!: Opponent can attack your face down monsters!
Loophole to that Loophole!:

The card Hieracosphinx (****** | 2400/1200 | Earth | Rock/Effect) has this effect:

-While this card is face-up on your side of the field, your opponent cannot select a face-down Defence Position monster as an attack target.

Meaning, keep Exxod in defence (seeing as he has 0 ATK and 4000 DEF), and have this in Attack (2400 > 1200) and you can continue to Flip Summon those EARTH monsters to destroy your opponent!

Basically, in 8 or less turns, you have a very good chance of winning!

The Less Important, Yet Good Technique

MegaRock Dragon
Earth
ATK: ? / DEF: ?
Rock/Effect
Effect:

-Card cannot be normal summoned or set.
-The only way this card can be summoned is by removing from play a Rock Type monster(s) in your Graveyard. The original ATK and DEF of this card become the number of Rock-Type monsters you removed from play when you special summoned this card.
-# of cards removed x 700 = ATK and DEF for Megarock Dragon.

***If you plan on using the Exxod strategy above, don't use this.***

Basically, don't have Hieracosphinx in play. Keep playing Rock monsters in Defence mode (face down or face up) until you have about 7-12 OR MORE in your graveyard. Then get ready to play Megarock Dragon. Remove 7-12 or more from your graveyard and add up those ATK and DEF points!

Remove 1: 700 ATK/DEF
Remove 2: 1400 ATK/DEF
Remove 3: 2100 ATK/DEF
Remove 4: 2800 ATK/DEF
Remove 5: 3500 ATK/DEF
Remove 6: 4200 ATK/DEF
Remove 7: 4900 ATK/DEF
Remove 8: 5600 ATK/DEF
Remove 9: 6300 ATK/DEF
Remove10: 7000 ATK/DEF
Remove11: 7700 ATK/DEF
Remove12: 8400 ATK/DEF

The list goes on ^^

-----

I hope you enjoyed my thorough review on the Invisible Fortress Structure Deck. The ratings are as followed.
-----
RATINGS:

Cards: 9/10 (very good assortment of cards, 1 or 2 were useless)
Combonations: 10/10 (the combos premade for this deck were spectacular)
Worth the Money: Definently! Considering I spent under $10 CAD for it LOL!
Rare Cards?: Yes. Exxod. But don't be fooled at first, it's not Exodia. It's also not limited, so add two more in if you have them!

Deck Rating: 10/10 (EXCELLENT!!!)
-----
[VS]Yivyn~!

Judai Yuki
4th August 2006, 4:27 PM
Any deck where NoC can destroy it shouldn't be used.

-Judai

Haruka's Swimsuit
4th August 2006, 9:08 PM
I would just like to point out that Nobleman of Crossout has very little impact upon the Invincible Fortress deck.
Nobleman/Apostle is only one card and limited in the amount you can have in your deck(where as the deck is full of Rock monsters that can be used as Nobleman targets), furthermore, playing that card only helps out the opponent (by removing more monsters from play, thus allowing Megarock Dragon to become even more powerful).

I'm sorry Judai, but if you're going to hold up a single card and say "This beats the WHOLE DECK," you might want to try harder than Apostle of Obliteration.

Judai Yuki
4th August 2006, 10:32 PM
=P I just actually noticed after you saying that.But if your opponent got you in the MoF and Tsuku lock then that could be somewhat of a problem.

-Judai

The_Darkness_Incarnate
8th August 2006, 2:43 AM
I would just like to point out that Nobleman of Crossout has very little impact upon the Invincible Fortress deck.
Nobleman/Apostle is only one card and limited in the amount you can have in your deck(where as the deck is full of Rock monsters that can be used as Nobleman targets), furthermore, playing that card only helps out the opponent (by removing more monsters from play, thus allowing Megarock Dragon to become even more powerful).

I'm sorry Judai, but if you're going to hold up a single card and say "This beats the WHOLE DECK," you might want to try harder than Apostle of Obliteration.

Just wanna point out, Apostle won't help your opponent if he wants to set up for Megarock. They would need to go to the graveyard in that case, Apostle RFGs them.

I haven't really seen it, but, IMO, the two strategies that were pointed out seem kinda conflicting. I see the merit of having Megarock as a backup plan in case they shut down Exxod, but I'm on of those prudes who like having a deck built around a single strategy.

I also would like to point out that there's the turn where Exxod is left in attack, if you want to have it face-up, unless the deck is running block attack or something similar. Also, what would happen if, through various means, Exxod AND Megarock happened to be out of your reach? Another point is that Heirycosphinx(sp?) can be killed itself, which would shut down the flip-summoning games. Though a 0/4000 would still be quite the wall. :X

Not to be completely dissing the deck or anything, I don't think it deserves QUITE that high of a rating. But, then again, the deck might have ways around those things.

FireKero!
8th August 2006, 6:33 AM
The Megarock strategy in this deck works as a sorta "meh. Megarock wasn't gonna work out anyway" like many other strategies in previous structures.

Exodd's so slick.

Haruka's Swimsuit
8th August 2006, 9:20 PM
Just wanna point out, Apostle won't help your opponent if he wants to set up for Megarock. They would need to go to the graveyard in that case, Apostle RFGs them.

Yeah, okay. I misread the effect of Megarock.
Still, Apostle of Obliteration is far from beating this deck- short of your opponent running every remove from play card they can muster, Megarock is still a crusher; at the least, you would need five Rock monsters in the Graveyard when you summon it to overpower most monsters that you opponent could muster.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
9th August 2006, 3:27 AM
Yeah, okay. I misread the effect of Megarock.
Still, Apostle of Obliteration is far from beating this deck- short of your opponent running every remove from play card they can muster, Megarock is still a crusher; at the least, you would need five Rock monsters in the Graveyard when you summon it to overpower most monsters that you opponent could muster.

Good old trap hole, much? Or whatever is in use as removal currently. >_>