PDA

View Full Version : Overjoyed! (462)

Serebii
4th August 2006, 10:53 AM
http://www.serebii.net/anime/NextOn/462.jpgBattle Pyramid Again! VS Registeel!

Finding the Battle Pyramid in time for his rematch against Brandon and his legendary Golem Pokémon, Ash decides to train against the local Nurse Joy to test his Pokémon. After the battle however he obtains Torkoal from Professor Oak and rechallenges Brandon for the rematch. However Brandon this time uses the Pokémon Registeel. Will Ash be able to defeat it?

Visit The Episode Guide (http://www.serebii.net/anime/epiguide/kanto/462.shtml)

Discuss

~Shining-Metagross~
4th August 2006, 11:56 AM
Ash Loses, again. Torkoal is used, thank goodness, and I believe I heard that Torkoal uses a new attack.

Now heres my 2 cents:
Its great to show Ash losing twice in a row to the same trainer, something like that has never happened to him, and it is just so refreshing to show that Ash isn't as powerful as he is made out to be.
X
~Danny~

skarmachild
4th August 2006, 1:06 PM
Will Ash be able to defeat it?

No, I'm afraid he doesnt Joe.

Chris
4th August 2006, 1:07 PM
So let's review.

-Lucky actually BATTLING and putting up a good fight.
-Cotoise battles and is not OHKO'd.
-Satoshi loses a second time to an official opponent; a first ever.

This episode is made of win and good.

The Big Al
4th August 2006, 1:11 PM
Technically he Sabrina twice. *shot*

The Benmeister
4th August 2006, 1:43 PM
I feel sorry for Torkoal but overjoyed that it actually (to my knowledge) put up some sort of fight. When I see the episode I'll be able to judge myself, and I pray that it doesn't get the short end of the stick.

Chris
4th August 2006, 2:19 PM
Technically he Sabrina twice. *shot*
He still got the badge out of it. :P In this case, he did not.

Heracross
4th August 2006, 2:32 PM
It wasn't until his third attempt that he got the badge though.

Darkstorm16
4th August 2006, 2:59 PM
I wanted Ash to win :(

Ash6K
4th August 2006, 4:00 PM
Torkoal battling is great. I'm glad that not only did he battle better than what Sceptile did, but Torkoal also learned one of its best attacks, Heat Wave! I feel proud for it. Aipom at Oak's, I can guess that equals trouble. Poor Corphish, it lost though. Now that Torkoal knows a new attack and is stronger than before, it seems that Corphish hasn't improved. It's strong and powerful but no new attacks or any new battle strategies for Corphish. Anyway, I liked this episode, hopefully Ash keeps Torkoal until he gets ready for Shinou.

Judai Yuki
4th August 2006, 4:05 PM
Aipom at Oak's wtf?How could he do this to the little monkey? :(

-Judai

Ash6K
4th August 2006, 5:05 PM
^ Yeah, shame that Aipom was the pokemon being transfered to Oak's. It kinda should've been Corphish, seeing as how it lost to Chansey. But heck, you got to give Torkoal credit. It battled a legendary and even though it lost, Torkoal put up an awesome fight. Maybe now Torkoal is becoming more of a powerhouse like Ash's other pokemon. Speaking of Torkoal...Isn't wierd that when Ash doesn't train his pokemon which are at Oak's, they tend to get stronger when they're called back (Heracross, Phanpy which evolved, Torkoal). Anyway, again, glad that Torkoal had a good fight, now only if Corphish can improve.

Almighty Zard
4th August 2006, 5:42 PM
Torkoal battling is great. I'm glad that not only did he battle better than what Sceptile did, but Torkoal also learned one of its best attacks, Heat Wave! I feel proud for it.
I can't really help but laugh at that development as well, i mean Sceptile couldn't even knock Regirock off his feat, and Torkoal just kept on doing it with Body Slam to Registeel, and i'm suprised nobody has noticed the fact that Torkoal inadvertainly used Cyndaquil's statregy from the Jasmine battle in jouto "flaming sandstorm twister." but unlike Steelix it wasn't enough this time.

Aipom at Oak's, I can guess that equals trouble.
Good i hope it stays there.

Poor Corphish, it lost though. Now that Torkoal knows a new attack and is stronger than before, it seems that Corphish hasn't improved. It's strong and powerful but no new attacks or any new battle strategies for Corphish. Anyway, I liked this episode, hopefully Ash keeps Torkoal until he gets ready for Shinou.
Seriously losing to a Chansey is a big blow to Corphsish's pride, and as much as i'd like Torkoal to stay Ash will probably Oak the poor thing again at the begining of the next episode.

S.Suikun
4th August 2006, 6:51 PM
Pics up on filb.de. Can't believe Chansey actually won. Two losses in the same episode is a major blow for Ash. This is one hyperactive Joy, for sure. Anyone care to explain what the photo albums at the beginning were for?

CaptainBrain
4th August 2006, 7:08 PM
Why'd he leave everyone's favorite monkey of joy? Why couldn't he have dumped something else? Anyway, it's good to see Ash lose every once in a while.

CyberCubed
4th August 2006, 7:21 PM
I want to know why May was sulking outside by the tree by herself. What was her dialouge in that scene?

The camera also focuses on May frowning when Ash loses, what is this about?

dannyphantomhott
4th August 2006, 7:22 PM
I'm hoping he wins next Reign.

gamefreak5034
4th August 2006, 7:46 PM
WOW! 3 losses in a row including the chansey battle is definetly first and makes you wanna watch the anime much more. I remember when it made ash all depressed when he lost once like when he lost to Whitney

intergalactic platypus
4th August 2006, 7:53 PM
Wait a minute Aipom was Oak'd? WTF? Why did he catch the damn thing if it was just Oak'd right now? And at least Torkoal squeezed in its first good battle

Pika Hikari KT
4th August 2006, 8:04 PM
It's probably temporary. Stop b!tching about it.

Ash did much better this time around with no evil spirit to play with his strategy. Torkoal finally learns Heat Wave, and it looks great(better than the one Clark's Charizard used). But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).:(

Also, Chansey was just awesome.:D Once again ignoring low stats helped for a change--as we know, Chansey has the second lowest Attack of any Pokémon and the suckiest Defense. And was that BIDE that it used for the finishing blow?! NICE!:D

Almighty Zard
4th August 2006, 8:12 PM
Ash did much better this time around with no evil spirit to play with his strategy. Torkoal finally learns Heat Wave, and it looks great(better than the one Clark's Charizard used). But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).:(
you have to admit though it's funny how Sceptile was only able to force Regirock to it's knees while Torkoal kept knocking Registeel over, and even funnier was the fact that it used the effect of the Zap Cannon to paralyze it back as well, to bad though it lost in the end, but like i said in the spec thread we now know that Brandon's favorite strategy is to use Lock-on and follow up with a powerful attack which makes me wonder who gets to go up against Regice now as they are going to most likely survive a Sheer Cold barrage to win.

Also, Chansey was just awesome.:D Once again ignoring low stats helped for a change--as we know, Chansey has the second lowest Attack of any Pokémon and the suckiest Defense. And was that BIDE that it used for the finishing blow?! NICE!:D
Bide or Solarbeam, but man i would not wanna be Corphish right now.

Ash6K
4th August 2006, 8:29 PM
Why is so worried about Aipom? I know it is cool and all but heck, Ash might get it back for Shinou or Aipom was a capture so the fillers it was in could amuse us and get some comedy in before the serious matches against Brandon. Anyway, Torkoal showing no mercy to Registeel was awesome! This its shining moment and I can't help but really proud for it. As for Nurse Joy, her character was very hyper and a little bit more goofy. It's like she's a fangirl for Ash and May. Her Chansey was also pretty cool too.

Gryphon Turboclaw
4th August 2006, 9:06 PM
I want to know why May was sulking outside by the tree by herself. What was her dialouge in that scene?

As if there wasn't *enough* to be curious about in this ep, now we get this little mystery. Maybe she's worried about how Ash is going to able to handle Brandon the next time around?

It's probably temporary. Stop b!tching about it.

Looks like I was dead right on the portrayal of Brandon by the writers...they really are making Ash sing for his supper in this arc. Something I can't help but to ask, though; was any backstory given as to how Brandon *got* those Regis in the first place, or are they---the writers---saving it for the next go-round(or not at all, which would stink)?

For some reason, I'm starting to get a "Martin Jigmar" vibe off of Brandon. (shrugs)

Cushioning that horrible defense is the second-highest stamina count in all of pokemon existence(and no legendary even comes close in that category). Put them together and Bide becomes a lethal weapon against anyone with only physical attacks in their bag of tricks. Throw in a hefty Special Defense and a decent Special Attack(plus the movepool to utilize them), and you've got a pokemon that can *really* hold her own in a match, even in the face of bruisers like Mewtwo, Slaking, and Rayquaza.

you have to admit though it's funny how Sceptile was only able to force Regirock to it's knees while Torkoal kept knocking Registeel over, and even funnier was the fact that it used the effect of the Zap Cannon to paralyze it back as well, to bad though it lost in the end, but like i said in the spec thread we now know that Brandon's favorite strategy is to use Lock-on and follow up with a powerful attack which makes me wonder who gets to go up against Regice now as they are going to most likely survive a Sheer Cold barrage to win..

Not really, since Regice can't even *learn* Sheer Cold. Lock-On + Blizzard + Zap Cannon, however, is an all-too-likely possibility, and one that leaves the bulk of Ash' pokemon quite literally out in the cold. How Ash gets out of *that* conundrum should be most interesting to see.

Bide or Solarbeam, but man i would not wanna be Corphish right now.

I hear you. Looks like poor old Corphish has got *quite* a bit of work to do...

Pika Hikari KT
4th August 2006, 9:20 PM
Cushioning that horrible defense is the absolute highest stamina count in all of pokemon existence(and no legendary even comes close in that category).
Blissey says hi, nya.:p Poor Corphish.:(

intergalactic platypus
4th August 2006, 9:21 PM
Oh I'm not upset Aipom was Oak'd, more like confused. It doesn't make much sense. And am I the only one who thinks its sketchy that Nurse Joy had pictures of May and Ash?

Gryphon Turboclaw
4th August 2006, 9:29 PM
Blissey says hi, nya.:p Poor Corphish.:(

Whoops, you're right. I guess I had Blissey on the brain---when was the last time we saw one, again?---when I was talking about Chansey(though statwise, I wasn't off by *much*).XD

Ash6K
4th August 2006, 9:54 PM
Oh I'm not upset Aipom was Oak'd, more like confused. It doesn't make much sense. And am I the only one who thinks its sketchy that Nurse Joy had pictures of May and Ash?

Well Primeape being given away doesn't make much sense ether but unfortunately we're not the writers. A stalkerish Nurse Joy...hmm, Brock has got to be jealous. I agree with some other people's opinions about Corphish. Not including Aipom, all of Ash's pokemon from either his Hoenn or BF team have had new attacks or have improved in strength (like evolving) except Corphish. The Chansey battle shows that Corphish needs something new.

Pika Hikari KT
4th August 2006, 10:27 PM
Whoops, you're right. I guess I had Blissey on the brain---when was the last time we saw one, again?---when I was talking about Chansey(though statwise, I wasn't off by *much*).XD
The only time we saw one was Ignorance is Blissey. And Blissey has about 200 more HP than her lesser form has. 'Wasn't off by much' is pushing it.XD

Almighty Zard
4th August 2006, 11:59 PM
Not really, since Regice can't even *learn* Sheer Cold. Lock-On + Blizzard + Zap Cannon, however, is an all-too-likely possibility, and one that leaves the bulk of Ash' pokemon quite literally out in the cold. How Ash gets out of *that* conundrum should be most interesting to see.

Don't forget though, some pokemon in the show tend to pick up attacks that they cannot get in the games(most recent example is Ritchies Tailow being able to use gust.) and since Sheer Cold is a low accurate but devestating move, and Brandon's strategy is to use Lock on with something powerful, I believe it will use it.

---Kyogre007---
5th August 2006, 12:08 AM
the last time we saw Blissey was in "Power Play".

Chris
5th August 2006, 12:08 AM
Why send Aipom to Orchid? Because Jukain, Donfan and Heigani were necessary should Jindai have decided to use Regirock. Oosubame's a strong Pokemon but couldn't possibly win against Regirock or Registeel, whereas Aipom was just recently caught and doesn't have much in ways of battling experience and also could not do anything to the Regis.

Pikachu is self explanatory.

As for the whole Natsume battle, there was really only two episodes revolving around the battles themselves. Not three. Trying to capture a Ghost Pokemon was simply part of the story so Satoshi can attempt beating her. When Ghost followed Satoshi to Natsume's Gym, he was no where in sight before the match even was set to begin. Satoshi didn't win or lose considering the battle hadn't even started yet and he said he had quit before doing anything else.

His return with no Ghost in sight left him no choice but to use Pikachu, who decided to fight on its own. On a technicality Satoshi only won because Yungerer was unable to battle at all due to it being connected with Natsume and her dying of laughter, thanks to Ghost. Whereas here, Satoshi actually lost two times during a battle in two episodes and has to rematch him a third time in a third episode.

wobbanut
5th August 2006, 1:08 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Aipom showed up again next week without any transition on-screen. Noctowl was once "Oak'd" and was back in the lineup the next episode without us seeing it transferred back (I think that was "Ring Masters", but I could be wrong).

The Great Butler
5th August 2006, 1:15 AM
Aipom being Oaked for Torkoal was pretty lame, at least they didn't bring back Charizard again just yet.

Ash losing to Nurse Joy was pretty lame too. He can't defeat a friggin Chansey, how does he ever expect to defeat Regice or for that manner any of them? (I hear a 'zard in the distance.....)

At least Brandon wasn't as nasty as he was the last time. That made up for some of it.

Hmmmm, I noticed the Pyramid didn't fly away this time, Brandon simply packed up his supplies to go exploring and left on foot. Does that mean the Pyramid stays put now, or is he going to move it later?

ghost master
5th August 2006, 1:47 AM
You guys stop whining about Aipom. In the next episode he is going to already been confirmed to talk to Oak whether he goes to Oak's or over the computer.

This episode was good. I'm glad Ash has gone on a losing streak it makes things interesting. Ash had been on a winning streak that I'm glad has ended and he is stumped with this one.

Lord wackruntlje
5th August 2006, 11:06 AM
This was one of Meowth's weirdest boss fantasies. First Chansey is boxing with Giovanni, then heals him XP
Nice to see a Joy with some personality, was some time ago. And about time Ash got some medium-serious fans, he had gotten quite good as a trainer. Though I don't see why Joy would like May aswell, she haesn't done as good as has IMO.
Good close ups with Registeel's eyes, they made it look more mechinized when they was a little sunken in. I first assumed the anime would make them pout out a little, but this was a nice suprise.

dragonruby0
5th August 2006, 11:13 AM
i think charizard will come back vs regice the matchup wud be interesting
also perhaps will corphish will evolve to regain pride?

Infinite Master Sceptile
5th August 2006, 11:14 AM
I'm happy Torkoal put up an awesome fight. That it lost is sad, but it was on the verge on winning when Registeel knocked it out. And Torkoal was used to full potential.
I didn't expect Ash to lose against Joy, too. WTF is going on here?
Aipom does seem to be a Miracle-Gro Pokemon.

Squirtlefan1
5th August 2006, 11:19 AM
Torkoal had easily it's best battle here. I mean a pokémon that crys often almost beat Registeel.

FireHead Hank
5th August 2006, 12:10 PM
I always wanted to see Nurse joy and Chansey in a battle.

This was Torkoal's best appeareance/fight. The Regi's are my favorite legendaries, so it was also cool to see anotherone of them fight. This episode was awesome, one of the best battles.

Jikkle
5th August 2006, 12:41 PM
As EE said if you're going to send a one of your Pokemon back you're going to send Aipom back since it's probably the least refined and battle hardened of Ash's bunch. There's a slight chance Oak may have requested it to check Aipom out also but it's kinda hard to tell by the pictures.

It's obvious that the writers wrote this to give Torkoal some redemption :) The best Torkoal batte and actually a really good 1v1 battle in general. It's good to see the writers can still be creative and write a good battle still ;) It was nice to see Brandon give a lot of respect to Ash after their match and a Nurse Joy with a personality :D

I know it's debatable but I count this as Ash's first lose to Brandon. Granted he still had some influence in his first battle but it was still marred by the evil spirit's influence like having Sceptile hide behind the judge and collaspe the roof on Regirock. Though there is a lot of good points to say this is second loss.

Not to push shipping or anything since I don't believe it will ever happen in the Anime besides maybe a small crush ala Battle Tower but going by the pictures it appears May is concerened about Ash. Ash looked really disappointed after his loss to Chansey and concerned about his upcoming match with Brandon and it seemed May was sharing the same feelings of disspointment and worry of her friend. That's my opinion anyways unless there was some other dialogue or scenes that the pictures don't show.

As far as Chansey goes. It's one pokemon that you would be wise not to underestimate with the right moveset. Seismic Toss, Softboiled, Minimize, and Sing (or any move of your choosing) would make for a long day for most opponents :)

The Big Al
5th August 2006, 1:04 PM
Meowth goes even further into the depths of insanity to pull this latest fantasy off. Chancey beats the living daylights out of Giovanni which is scary in and of itself but then heals him.

Another fine battle but with the same result, Ash loses.

And yes, Ash lost to Sabrina twice by forfeit.

Ashy Boy
5th August 2006, 1:06 PM
It was great to see Torkoal again. The only thing that annoyed me was Brock's selfishness.

The Benmeister
5th August 2006, 1:17 PM
Meowth's officially lost it with his boss fantasies.

I love Torkoal's facial expressions in this episode, they're deceivably cute and evil. Chansey was the same. I hope the fact that Corphish lost doesn't just get left out on the window to cool as it would be nice seeing Corphish training to better himself.

charizard trainer #1
5th August 2006, 4:53 PM

I noticed that too. Strange. Good thing i wasn't the only one who noticed.

krnblaze912
5th August 2006, 4:56 PM
yeah i think torcoal put up a good fight. especially since it was against the legendary registeel..

Judai Yuki
5th August 2006, 5:06 PM
Rofl why would Chansey beat on him only to heal him. xP

-Judai

Kabuto
5th August 2006, 5:17 PM
Glad to see Torkoal return. Poor little guy lost again. Still it was an excellent battle, considering Torkoal had to face the legendary Registeel. Hmm, this could mean we can get Glalie to face Regice. Still, I'm thinking Pikachu will take the win. Who knows.

Dreamcoat
5th August 2006, 5:35 PM
The look on Aipom after being sent to Oak = teh r0x0rz.

Ash6K
5th August 2006, 5:38 PM
Poor Professor Oak, being beaten up by an Aipom. If Aipom meets Bayleef...that calls for trouble. I still don't get why Corphish lost, I mean it has been on Ash's team since Hoenn and it still doesn't do anything new. Corphish has no new attack combos, no new moves. I feel sorry for it, especially with this battle. Oh well, at least Torkoal did well. New move, against a legendary, better battler...I really feel proud for it.

Yamato-san
5th August 2006, 6:06 PM
But Brandon won based on skill alone, using the Lock-On/Zap Cannon combo(using its paralysis effect to slow down Torkoal), in addition to what seems to be the debut of Superpower. I'm just sad that it was Torkoal and not Cyndaquil(no offense to Torkoal, I'm glad it got to appear).:(

there was no Superpower. You're probably thinking of Metal Claw. Anyway, it seems to me that Jindai relies heavily on Lock-On, so it'd be nice if we get to see Satoshi try to figure out some way around it.

Heh... you know, when I watched the beginning of this episode, I got the impression the writers were playing yet another cruel joke on Cotoise. Joy comes along, impressed that Satoshi got the Best 8 in the Saiyuu tournament, and shows off her scrapbook, with Cotoise being KOed in the only picture he appears in. And I came into this episode half expecting some people's prediction that Donphan would be used against Registeel (it's interesting to note that when Satoshi contacted Ookido, all three of steel's weaknesses were mentioned: fire, ground, and fighting. The show tends to focus on the fire weakness alone, so it's good to hear the others made mention of, even if they weren't implemented). Then, he indended up exchanging Aipom (I'm left further questioning its purpose besides a late Trozei ad) for one of his reserves.... for a while, I was left guessing, the only hint being that Ookido said it learned a new attack (someone could've learned Earthquake or Brick Break for all I know), until it was finally confirmed: Cotoise was used, my guess in that "Which Pokemon do u hope to see battle the 2 remaining Regis???" thread wasn't far off.

In spite of its horrid win record, as I keep saying, Cotoise is actually a pretty good Pokemon with lots of potential if the writers could just take better advantage of its tanking abilities. They managed to do just that in this episode, as seen by the use of Iron Defense to counter Jindai's first Lock-On attempt (on an interesting note, Lock-On seems to have put a target smack dab on the reptilian desert-dweller's forehead. Stuff like this makes you thank god 4kids is out of the picture ^^). And it's nice to see, after having Overheat swiped away by Lizardon and Wakashamo, that he's got another exclusive attack (on another interesting note, Ookido says he learned that new technique while he was over there... either Cotoise's been doing some serious training, or this confirms my earlier theory that Ookido teaches Pokemon new attacks without their trainers' consent). They sure seem to be making up for the poor guy's crappy treatment in the past.

Anyway, for everyone confused about that boss fantasy, Nyaasu thought that Lucky would make a good sparring partner, and then heal him afterwards. He based this off the fact that once Joy and Lucky finished beating up on Heigani (and putting their hats back on... they seem to go pretty nuts when their hats are off their heads), they immediately ran the Pokemon they just fainted to get healed. It's about time we see some battle-capable portrayal of Lucky (though, it's no longer gonna be able to take those Crab Hammers so well come generation 4 XD), but seeing as how the characters are gonna be staying at this (pretty friggin well-equipped) Pokemon Center over the next few episodes (guess we see where that "The Pokemon Center is Very Busy!" title comes in), I really hope we get to see it evolve into Hapinasu, considering we never saw the thing since early Jouto, and with a pretty crap portrayal as well (interestingly enough, Sounansu was disguised as a Hapinasu). And concerning Lucky's trainer...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Yamato-san/parodysub/npc1.png
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a139/Yamato-san/parodysub/npc2.png

The Joy in this episode definitely wasn't XD. A battle-capable Lucky, and a Joy with a distinct personality, two very rare sights... throw in the Cotoise vs. Registeel battle, and we've got one helluva note-worthy episode. ^^

Bliksem
5th August 2006, 6:18 PM
I think Corphish's place as the only unevolved Pokemon on Ash's Team (Pikachu understandably excluded) is starting to becoming rather apparent. Torkoal had a fine battle, but I don't see how Ash's Pokemon tend to improve so drastically when he's NOT with them. Tauros, Snorlax, Charizard (understandably), and now Torkoal. What other Pokemon will become abnormally powerful?

Poor Aipom got sent to the good Professor. What a blow that must be.

Still wish I'd gotten to see Cyndaquil, but alas, that is a wish never to be seen.

ghost master
5th August 2006, 7:02 PM
Though I don't see why Joy would like May aswell, she haesn't done as good as has IMO. She placed in the top 8 for Hoenn and I think top 4 for Kanto.

dannyphantomhott
5th August 2006, 7:25 PM
LOL I'm curious as to how many Ash fan girls there are in his world, poor guy had to deal with the Nurse Joy XD
Any ways after seeing the pictures pretty cool episode, can't wait for the next one.

raticatelover
5th August 2006, 8:57 PM
Maybe Ash sent Aipom over to Oaks is so Aipom can become super powerful without Ash training it like his other Pokemon.
This episode was cool though, except how could Corphish lose? Hes probably dissapointed enough that he lost to Brandon again, but to a Chansey? Poor Corphish.

Ash6K
5th August 2006, 9:19 PM
Sending Aipom to Oak doesn't really mean it will get stronger. We haven't seen Noctowl or Totodile (a pokemon like that) get stronger as of yet. But anyway, I wonder what Brock's reactions were when Ash and May got all the attention from Nurse Joy. I shall mention again...that Trokoal did awesome against Registeel. Even though it lost, the pokemon that used to be Ash's weakest AG pokemon (other than Aipom) surprised us all and became a really powerful battler. I just feel so happy for Torkoal getting the battling style it deserves.

Jikkle
5th August 2006, 9:35 PM
It's like the game, Oak's lab is probably more like the pokemon daycare in the games since the pokemon are outside running doing things so that's probably why Ash's pokemon are stronger while they are there. The pokemon that are in his lab inside their pokemon are probably the ones that just stay the same like you when they are in your PC in the game.

Also the ironic thing in this episode and I wonder if it was intentional was that one of Joy's pictures of Ash is of Torkoal fainted :p

krnblaze912
5th August 2006, 10:42 PM
its kind of pathetic how ash's corphish lost to joy's chansey......i hope that thing evolves soon.............

FlameTrainer
5th August 2006, 10:50 PM
I don't think Aipom will stay at Oak's. I think Ash just had to make space for Torkoal, and that Prof Oak would like to see the newest addition to Ash's team, so while Ash battled with Torkoal, Oak researched Aipmo, and probably Torkoal will go back to Oak's and Aipom will return.

ashnmisty4eva
6th August 2006, 6:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Aipom showed up again next week without any transition on-screen. Noctowl was once "Oak'd" and was back in the lineup the next episode without us seeing it transferred back (I think that was "Ring Masters", but I could be wrong).
I agree with your Aipom prediction, or else we'll see something happen kinda similar to bayleef where Ash will show up at Oak's (since we all ready know that's going to happen) and we'll see a Professor Oak that's all beaten up trying to take care of Aipom. XD
I'm not surprised Ash lost, though my heart went out to him with that expression. :( He seemed sooo sad. :(
I'm glad they brought torkoal back too, and that was a great fight they put up against Brandon (or is it Brendan?).

Blazken
6th August 2006, 5:03 PM
I can't wait to see this one. But something up with May, I think she afaid That Ash will have something bad happen to him there like last time. As A FRIEND nothing more.

Geodude
6th August 2006, 5:11 PM
I think what's happening is that May isn't sure what to do next with her journey, and that's bothering her. Her Hoenn and Kanto quests are done, and the gang doesn't know about Shinou yet.

At one point, she was watching Ash get ready for battle (working towards his goal) and watching Brock show off his breeding skills (related to his goal) by brushing Chansey, and May said, "Demo, watashi wa..." ("But, I'm...") as if she wasn't sure what her goal is now.

Rufinito18
6th August 2006, 5:12 PM
I'm very satisfied with the battle Torkoal put. It really shone in this battle, I'm happy they brought him back. But the Regis are so overpowerred, I hope they do the Regiice fight right.
EDIT: Torkoal should have won, it landed SO many hits

Crystal Mewtwo
6th August 2006, 6:48 PM
I saw the episode. Wasn't bad. The battle between Joy and Ash was great. I had a hope for Chansey's softboiled but it didn't use it. Joy was really awesome^^
Poor Torkoal, this time it didn't cry but lost a battle. What a pity, Ash was so close.

Squirtlefan1
6th August 2006, 7:47 PM
After this battle it's obvious what the Regice battle will be

Pikachu vs. Regice [Ash has advantage]

Pikachu wins
Brandon gives badge to Ash
Ash does winning pose

THE END

Chatsy
6th August 2006, 7:59 PM
Hehe, after Ash lost to Joy, May and Max started talking about how he would stand very low over Brandon (I loathe that name DX) when not being able to beat Joy to which Ash tells them to shut up since he understands already XD

Or at least, I think that was what May and Max talked about. I know Ash told them to shut up at least. Mwah.

I was truly impressed by the battle - Torkoal was incredibly fast what with jumping away so swiftly and constantly being able to lay in so many hits. Shame it got hit right on by the last attack, otherwise the battle would've ended differently.

Despite Ash wasn't being his complete self against Regirock, he still managed to bring it down to both of its knees and this time Registeel collapsed on to one knee - You've got to admit that it's quite impressive.

However, what the heck was Ash and Brandon talking about when they met up in those ruins? I heard Brandon mention Pokélantis and otherwise made sure Ash understood some things. Exactly what, I couldn't make out. Any help?

The animation for this episode was superb. It wasn't as "stiff" as many other episodes have been which is a nice change. Shame they didn't make a closeup when Brandon went "KAAAAAA!" this time around, though. He looked funny when doing that since we didn't get a closeup. Like he got something stuck in his throat. XD

V Faction
6th August 2006, 8:00 PM

Pikachu wins
Ash does winning pose

THE END

Advantage? With what? Iron Tail? Well I suppose if there was one Pokemon to follow all the way through on one attack, it'd be Pikachu...

Anyway, fantastic episode (you don't need me telling you that). I haven't even seen the full recording yet and I can tell it's a winner. Torkoal coming back, a quick misadventure at Oak's, Nurse Joy and Apollo Chansey (with complimentary boss scene), and you've got a Grade-A picture.

One qualm (if you want to called it that) that I have with this episode is the rather... defiant way they handed Corphish his ***. Now, ordinarily it's no big deal -- they do this sort of thing all the time for plot-related reasons or battle outcomes. What stings the most from the whole incident is that Corphish has not been given the special treatment in Lord know hows long. Where's his new attack? Where's his legendary battle? It's too harsh to even ponder.

Interesting stuff on the May dialogue. Could this be the first hint at May's Shinou future? Will we explore the brand new world of contests? Are her feelings nothing more than set-ups to the next episode? Oh-ho-ho... We shall certainly see.

Needs a Celebi
6th August 2006, 8:15 PM
I love CORSOLA.

Needs a Celebi
6th August 2006, 8:15 PM
I love CORSOLA.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
6th August 2006, 9:09 PM
I saw the pictures, and it looks like an exciting episode. Ash and May have a huge serious fan who is all gitty and jumpy it seems to me. But I'm not too surprised that Ash lost to Brandon again. But the Chansey vs. Corphish looked interesting, kind of hard to say what attacks it used. And Torkoal is back, and learns a new attack Heat Wave. Never what of guessed.

I busted off laughing of the boss fantasies of Meowth made up for the boss. I don't know, but Giovanni looks better as a boxer. But that just me, lol.

Crystal Mewtwo
6th August 2006, 9:19 PM

Pikachu wins
Ash does winning pose

THE END

Hmm.... honestly, its really possible :/
Pikachu usually wins important matches.

Gravy
6th August 2006, 9:40 PM
I love CORSOLA.

I love Needs a Celebi. He's so smart and funny, and always has something relevent to say.

So...uhhh...why didn't Ash seem to be against using Torkoal to it's full potential, when it still had an Ovrheat under it's wing? I know he's usually wary about using the attack too often, but this time around he seemed to be hungering for some Body Slams. Which is all well and good of course, but why not blast the beast with the most powerful technique on hand? When Torkoal was clamped firmly atop Registeel's gigantic cranium; that was the perfect chance to let rip and soc the metallic lump with a point black assault. Granted, I'm not saying that would have garuanteed a win, but it would've certainly helped out a little.

But otherwise, this was a really good episode. I was actually quite surprised by the quality of the first half infact. I'd been expecting some the usual humdrum block of boredom, but everything was actually watchable. Nurse Joy and Chansey are, for lack of a better word, awesome characters. Which just goes to prove that these guys CAN breathe some life into ancient blood if they just try a little harder instead of using their generic character generating machine. I'm glad they'll be sticking around for a few episodes longer, as the 'Pokémon Center is Very Biz-Ay' ep just got a whole lot better.

The Frontier match, as already stated, was a marvel. Which is especially impressive considering the battle didn't end in Ash's favour. It's rare to be able to watch a battle that results in a loss, yet still feel that it was all worthwhile.
Despite the fact that half the crap it was doing looked mighty. mighty strange for a pokémon of that calibur, I thought Torkoal actually moving round the battlefield was one of the highlights. Because pretty much everytime it's fought something, it's just stood there, attacking as a living gun turret. And yeah...there's the fact that it was kicking buttocks too~

A few more notes:

-They used a lot more Advanced Generation music than usual in this episode. Lately, they've been relying heavily on handfuls of Kanto stuff, and huge helpings of movie music. So it made for a nice change, especially considering the AG score is my personal favourite.

-The animation was really good. Not the best however, but certainly nothing I should complain about. I can't remember who the hell directed this episode, but I'm pretty sure it's a new guy/gal. So thumbs up to the Pokémon crew for finally hiring another director that can get an episode looking good.

-Registeel's voice, for the most part, was a lot less impressive than it's movie counterpart. That makes two Regis in a row that have had their vocal chips downgraded. Will Regice suffer the same fate?! Tune in next month and find out!

Flamez
6th August 2006, 10:30 PM
Finally saw it and have to say it was an awesome episode. I give it a 10/10.
Loved Nurse Joy's Personality. Love corphish but it was about time it lost, it had beaten a crawdaunt, then arcanine (tucker battle), then alakazam (anabel battle) then took out a pinsir and marowak. I still wont say it needs to evolve cuz it doesnt. Torkoal with Heat Wave is great but as Gravy mentioned Ash should've used Overheat. The match was approximately 5 mins long. In 5 mins they gave us one heck of a battle. Even though Torkoal lost I can easily say this is one of my favorite battles now. The animation and music were really nice. Mays alittle disturbed but most likely she'll get over that in next weeks episode.
Looking forward to the final showdown b/w ash and brandon. They can easily do a 3 vs. 3 in two episodes. A few people were compaining that putting 3 regis into battle in 2 episodes is bad and it wont be good. Well those people should watch THIS episode. The torkoal battle lasted 5 mins and its easily one of the best battles. No one should complain. Torkoal got plenty of hits in and registeel did its damage to torkoal as well all in just 5 mins. With two episodes a 3 vs. 3 battle can be done in a excellent way.

Geodude
7th August 2006, 1:51 AM
For those wondering about Chansey's attacks, it used Doubleslap, Dynamicpunch, Double-Edge, and Solarbeam, in that order.

Ash6K
7th August 2006, 2:12 AM
No wonder Corphish got beat, Solarbeam...never saw that coming (thought it was a new move). Anyway, if the Torkoal battle was 5 mins, just think about 15 mins in the few episodes ahead (that is if Torkoal battles again). I seriously wonder what does Oak think about the pokemon Ash brings over. Muk stunk, Bayleef was Ash obssessed, Aipom is also Ash obssessed...So I wonder how the Torkoal became so strong. I know it learned Heat Wave but how? It was only about a season since we saw it and all of a sudden it looks as strong as Ash's current team (minus Aipom).

Geodude
7th August 2006, 2:14 AM
We've all seen many times in the anime that Oak's place is a much more realistic storage area than stuffing them all in a PC like we do in the games. At Oak's they have acres and acres of land to run around in, and I'm sure they battle each other (and other trainers' reserve Pokemon) whenever they feel like it. We all saw the scuffling that happened between the Grass and Water Pokemon in Bulbasaur, the Ambassador for example.

Korobooshi Kojiro
7th August 2006, 2:16 AM
Solar Beam once again was made another Pokemon's b*itch....

Have we ever seen Dynamic Punch?

Geodude
7th August 2006, 2:29 AM
Yes, Madam Muchmoney's Granbull used it, as did Butch's Primeape.

GonbeTR
7th August 2006, 2:52 AM
I think this episode is one of greatests of Battle Frontier. Both battles are excellent.

Firstly, seeing an energetic nurse Joy is funny. In addition, she has an interesting character, she collects autographs of "famous" trainers. We saw something like this in one of the contest episodes. Chansey is really agressive and offensive like Harley's Wigglytuff. Its moveset is unusual too:
-Double slap
-Dynamic punch
-Double Edge
-Solar beam
Ash's loss against Joy is dissapointing, however maybe he learns something by this battle.

Secondly, the frontier match is awesome. I don't understand japanese, so I am curious about the conversation between Ash and Brandon. I like the return of Torkoal, I like that turtoise. Its first attack looks white enough like overheat but it is not. Heat wave is a good surprise. I like the design of zap cannon, it looks like a yellow-green-blue shadow ball. I think this is the first time that Ash loses twice during one episode. This makes anime more challenging.

CyberCubed
7th August 2006, 6:40 AM
Hey, you know how Joy showed us all the places around the Pokemon Center to Ash and co?

People noticed that she showed a Contest hall which is what's in the next episode, and those outdoor battle arenas which Chasey/Corphish happened in, but she also showed...hot springs! :o

What would the point be of showing those hot springs if they're not going to do anything with them? Considering they spend the next two episodes in this Pokemon Center, there's a great chance we'll see the gang in them, right? Right?

Lil Brother
7th August 2006, 6:48 AM
Cyber, you have got to stop going so wild over the thought of a poorly animated 10-year-old girl in a bikini. :P

Anyone else think we were going to see the Unown dimension when Brandon was messin around with the puzzle? >> Gosh, I hope our favorite alphabet soup without the soup appears sometime in the next few eps.

Oh, and I think this ep's Boss Fantasy confirms that Meowth loves the thought of Giovanni shirtless.

Flamez
7th August 2006, 8:20 AM
Dont know if its been mentioned yet but after watching it over again it seems like Ash challenged May to a battle. She stumbled back and declined then Nurse Joy said she wanted to battle him. You know come to think of it the only times shes actually wanted to battle ash was in the fighting dojo episode. But May wanted those noodles so badly she would battle anyone to get them. Then we did see pikachu vs. combusken but that never finished. Heres hoping that Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle! episode title is confirmed.

Meowths fantasy was mad crazy. That uppercut by chansey that knocked out Giovanni was awesome.lol. And i have to say it again Nurse Joy's personality is really good. May being alittle unsure about her goals make sense as well cuz she originally left to TRAVEL. She started liking pokemon and got into contests but I dont think its ever been mentioned that she wants to be the best coordinator or something. I think Drew said he wanted to be the best coordinator or something like that.

Irene
7th August 2006, 2:37 PM
Uhm, yeah, like many other people I'm curious about the dialogues in this episode... but seeing how I'm still waiting for a good dialogue summary for the PREVIOUS Pyramid episode, I guess I'll just have to wait for the official English release of the thing D:

...everything else has already been said by other people. It's not like I'm going to complain about anything in this episode, which is rare :3

(still... hot springs! And Jindai is out of town. Meh.)

Juputoru
7th August 2006, 3:15 PM
Do I have to tell you that I wrote this as I watched by now? DO I? No. I shall instead tell you that yes, I don't understand Japanese beyond random words, hence all that "___ says stuff"-ish comments.

-And we begin with the standard Forest of Do...wait, where's the forest? I only see mountiains. ... And we begin with the not-standard Mountains of Doom...
-Ash-tachi walk up to a Pokemon Center. Scott's standing with a Joy and a Chansey. Nothing unusua-
-Joy runs up to Ash and makes a glomping motion that was actually just an exaggerated grab-Ash's-hands motion(by this point May and Max have moved away from Ash slighty. Smart kids.)
-With another swift motion, Joy lets go of Ash's hands and opens the book she's holding, to reveal...
-Pics of Ash from the Houen League?! Lady, I'm guessing you're waaaaay too old for him >> <<...although we hardly ever see people acknowledging Ash's accomplishments, so eh.
-Ash is taken aback, but signs the book anyway. As I said, we hardly EVER see people who acknoledge Ash as the accomplished trainer he is. Of COURSE he'll sign it. That and because he's nice and all that.
-Scott says something about Joy, Pokemon Contests, Pokemon Battles, and "Daisuki", so my rough guess is that he's saying Joy loves Pokemon Contests/Battles.
-Joy continues to prove she's hyper when, in another swift movement, she grabs May's hands and brings out the book again, this time to a page with May's most recent contest pics.
-After the initial O_O reaction, May's happy to sign the book.
-And of course Brock hits on the Joy, probably mentioning that he's a gym leader or a breeder or something else that he thinks Joy might be interested in.
-I'm guessing Scott says something to the effect of Jindai not being in the mood for battles today, seeing as Ash suddenly gets a let-down look on his face.
-The scene changes to the Pokemon Center, and the background music changes to some you'd expect to hear in one of the gameboy games.
-When thery get to the part with the Contest Hall in it, Joy gets out The Book again, this time with the page featuring...Joy! Can't tell if this is the same Joy or (a) different one(s). And one of the pics apparently has Lilian in it.
-Blah blah blah they get to the battle field and talk...
-Chansey takes off Joy's hat, and then...
-Joy suddenly REALLY gets into the battling thing. Much to the surprise of Ash-tachi.
-Cut to TR! They all seem tired(although Manene might just be imitating >>), and then Jessie starts yelling at James for something(isn't it fun not being able to understand what anybody's saying?), Meowth hears voices, and...they come across the battlefield!
-Speaking of which...Joy takes off Chansey's hat, and the Pokemon reaaally gets into the spirit of things as well. What's WITH those hats?
-The battle in a nutshell:Corphish hits Chansey with a Crabhammer(which doesn't seem to do much), Chansey bi-er, Doubleslaps Corphish, Corphish does some cutting move but Chansey dodges and then punches the 'phish, Corphish Bubblebeams which again doesn't do much, then Chansey runs into Corphish, knocking it to the ground(at this point Joy is doing an...odd...dance), Corphish gets back up and goes for another Crabhammer while Chansey builds up energy for a Solarbeam, the Crabhammer hits(and hits...and hits...over and over...) shortly before Corphish is blasted by a short-range Solarbeam, and THAT BEE-YOTCH IS KNOCKED OUT!
-Joy & Chansey put their hats back on, thus becoming mild-mannered again. Them be mind-control hats?!
-And of course TR wants that Chansey.
-The Boss Fantasy this time involves The Boss fighting with Chansey(as in, human VS Pokemon), and later having Chansey help his injuries heal.
-Back at the Pokemon Center, there's lots of talk about Joy and her Chansey and how Ash got his arse kicked by them by May and Max. Ash gets just a TAD irritated with all this.
-...OH MY GOD IT'S A BLISSEY! HURRA...wait, Blissey don't have flat blue arms and constipated blue faces.
-Chansey goes to help this horrible mutant, only to be caught by TR for its troubles.
-Chansey takes this pretty well...until the hat falls off. THEM BE MIND CONTROL HATS!
-TR gets blasted off by a Solarbeam, Jessie makes some comment about the hat(perhaps that it seems to alter her MIND?).
-The hat falls down, conveniently landing on Chansey's head, who then goes from >:O! to ^_^.
-Later, Brock's brushing Chansey(Chansey have hair/fur?), and May's...
-May says something about Brock, Ash, and their dreams, then something about herself, then Max comes up and shortly after that it's nightime.
-Jindai's in some ruin examining some ancient tiles with text on them when Ash comes along. Jindai's MUCH nicer this time around(you know, since Ash didn't set off 409567476 boulder traps this time). I notice that Jindai seems to refer to Ash as "shounen"(boy, for people who don't even know THAT much Japanese).
-Jindai then uses the tiles as a sliding puzzle of sorts while muttering something about a dorr and such, before a holographic tablet shows up, Ash wonders what it is, and Jindai reads it(which helps a WHOLE LOT since I didn't understand anything beyond the word "hikari").
-Jindai says some more stuff, Ash seems confused before starting about his battle, and then...
-AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
-Okay, no Extreme Jindai Closeup this time, but it's SOMETHING.
-Jindai says some more stuff, and it seems he agrees to a battle, just not right now. He then says something about Pokelantis, and Ash does a more somber "yes" than he did when Jindai mentioned the battling thing. The scene finishes up with Jindai telling Ash that he'll be using Registeel, with Ash just HAVING to say "Registeel..." as the scene ends.
-Back at the Pokemon Center, Ash-tachi are talking to Oak, who says stuff about Registeel, and later mentions something with the word "new" in it(a new move for Torkoal, going by what I've read in other places).
-When queried about the Pokemon he'd like to send back in Torkoal's place, Aipom seems to be it and DAMMIT THE MONKEY IS STILL HUGE. Oak apparently didn't know Ash had an Aipom(Aipom's head is illogically HUGE), which explains him getting excited over the thing.
-Aipom is highly confused when it find itself in Oak's lab, with no Black-haired Hatperson in sight. It then decides to scratch Oak up, because it can.
-The battle begins, and DAMN Registeel sounds cool.
-Torkoal sends out a Flamethrower as Battle Frontier begins to play in the background, Registeel comes back at it with a Metal Claw, but Torkoal jumps WAY out of the way. That turtle's been training. Must have been sick of losing so much(oh, the irony considering how this battle turns out). Torkoal then demonstrates that it gained weight as it lands on top of Registeel, knocking the metallic golem over. Registeel sends off some generic dark ball thing, which Torkoal counters with another Flamethrower. And then...Lock-on! Torkoal actually gets a target on its head, Registeel uses generic energy ball again, but...Torkoal Withdraws! The energy ball leaves Torkoal with a lot of electricity cackling around it anyway(maybe it was Zap Cannon?), but Torkoal leaps at Registeel again anyway. But Registeel ain't taking that again! It grabs Torkoal mid-air...only to have that electricity transferred to it! Torkoal gets thrown towards to wall, but it manages to land with its feet on the wall before jumping away(Torkoal's got the MOVES!) and right back onto Registeel, proving that it's heavy again. Registeel gets back up, before Torkoal uses its new move - Heat Wave! But Battle Frontier is cut off as Jindai yells something and Registeel breaks out of the Heat Wave.
-Torkoal uses Flamethrower again, but Registeel counters with...something. A something that causes a mini-tornado. Sandstorm? Can't really tell. Registeel sends another Something at Torkoal, who counters with Heat Wave, and after a while Registeel is caught in this firey tornado thing, but it fires off another Energy Ball, but Torkoal jumps out of the way and OVER the center of the tornado. It then lands on Registeel and starts to spin it around. Registeel uses Lock On plus the Energy Ball Thing again, blowing some **** up and leaving Registeel with an injured leg and Torkoal...fainted while standing up!
-Jindai gives a speech about something involving hearts and one(there's that lack of ability to understand Japanese again).
-The ep ends with Jindai giving the thumbs up to something Ash said, walking off to somewhere, and Ash-tachi standing in the sunset as the camera pans up to the Pyramid.

Irene
7th August 2006, 4:57 PM
Registeel sends off some generic dark ball thing

+chokes+ Oh lord. This even beats MY description of Zap Cannon I made to a friend ("random blob of energy").

Juputoru, your summaries are always such a pleasure to read XD

Pika Hikari KT
7th August 2006, 5:33 PM
Registeel counters with...something. A something that causes a mini-tornado. Sandstorm? Can't really tell.
Meh, I thought it was Superpower(but then it'd be more like a physical attack...). 'Suna Arashi' is Sandstorm; did he yell that?

jolteonjak
7th August 2006, 5:38 PM
Ok...so either the King that possessed Ash was a sucky battler, or Registeel was made to be much weaker than Regirock...

Either that or Torkoal has really been training on the sidelines with Oak and Tracy.

Now this is a loss I can see happening (as opposed to Heracross vs. Venusaur :( ) because it put up a damn good fight. Plus the attack that KO'd it is neutral against Torkoal (its SD isn't what a Torkoal is known for anyway).

Thank you Juputoru.

zeroX20
7th August 2006, 9:30 PM
does anyone know if there is any way of watching the episode other then pictures or is #pocketmonsters the only provider of raws?

and speaking of #pocketmonsters does anyone have any info on whether or not they are going to release the show the raw of 185?

Juputoru
7th August 2006, 10:35 PM
+chokes+ Oh lord. This even beats MY description of Zap Cannon I made to a friend ("random blob of energy").
What can I say? After the Weavile ep, all balls of energy that appear dark are Generic and thus indistinguishable from one another. Shadow Ball, Zap Cannon, it's all the same after seeing 409764576 Shadow Balls in one filler.

Meh, I thought it was Superpower(but then it'd be more like a physical attack...). 'Suna Arashi' is Sandstorm; did he yell that?
...it sounds like he's saying "Suna Arash" after bothering to actually listen, so yeah, I guess. I pictured Sandstorm as more of a battlefield-wide effect though, hence my doubts after seeing a small-ish tornado.

S.Suikun
9th August 2006, 5:20 AM
Finally seen the episode. Like Brandon's Regirock, his Registeel has a different voice than the Movie 8 one. On the music front, Battle Frontier makes its return. When was the last time we heard that, anyways? Anabel battle? Things were adequate on the animation front. It seems that it's not just one animation team that seems to be wanting to make Aipom look garganutan. Also, it seems as though I'm the only one who's not unhappy in the least bit about the thing being Oak'd already. Good riddance I say, even if it's no doubt short-lived.

Regarding the actual content, pacing wasn't as much of a problem as anticipated, even though it felt like two episodes crammed into one. The Chansey battle was alright, if short, but you have to admit, particularly when considering Torkoal's less-than-stellar treatment in Hoenn, the Registeel battle was damn close. Still, I'm not sure why Ash stalled when Torkoal was literally using Registeel as a beanbag.

(zeroX20, I'd go ahead and delete that if I were you.)

Yamato-san
10th August 2006, 12:01 PM
Jindai's MUCH nicer this time around(you know, since Ash didn't set off 409567476 boulder traps this time).

What can I say? After the Weavile ep, all balls of energy that appear dark are Generic and thus indistinguishable from one another. Shadow Ball, Zap Cannon, it's all the same after seeing 409764576 Shadow Balls in one filler.

is it just me, or do you really like those digits and enjoy switching them around everytime you want a random number?

Dont know if its been mentioned yet but after watching it over again it seems like Ash challenged May to a battle. She stumbled back and declined then Nurse Joy said she wanted to battle him. You know come to think of it the only times shes actually wanted to battle ash was in the fighting dojo episode. But May wanted those noodles so badly she would battle anyone to get them. Then we did see pikachu vs. combusken but that never finished. Heres hoping that Satoshi vs. Haruka! Last Battle! episode title is confirmed.

oh yeah.... forgot to comment on that. Haruka refused because she wanted to bathe in the hot springs.... which is odd, because she showed she sure as hell could stick around to watch Satoshi's battle with Joy (yes, CyberCubed, I'm afraid those writers and animators are tormenting you).

Neoriceisgood
10th August 2006, 2:27 PM
This episode proves that Ash's torkoal is a special torkoal that is far stronger than it should be at it's evolutionary stage, with this in mind two hilarious crooks and their talking pokémon companion will set out to try and capture Ash's torkoal, however they are beaten time and time again by it in one hit, even when their pokémon fully evolve,
obviously they becom a running gag in the show and will constantly appear while chanting a theme that suits them.

They will also have a far more complex backstory than any of the main characters within the end of this season, yet, although deeper than any other characters in the show, they will remain a barrel of (cheap) laughs but will somehow manage to capture the hearts of many and become favourite characters, losing their mean streak; and just having funny dialogue and scenes that resolve around a lot of clever puns; say, the male of the duo constantly getting ripped off by the same salesguy,
or pokémon with spikes that hug their trainer when summoned.

Oh yeah. . the future will shine for torkoal.

Bliksem
11th August 2006, 9:31 PM
This episode proves that Ash's torkoal is a special torkoal that is far stronger than it should be at it's evolutionary stage, with this in mind two hilarious crooks and their talking pokémon companion will set out to try and capture Ash's torkoal, however they are beaten time and time again by it in one hit, even when their pokémon fully evolve,
obviously they becom a running gag in the show and will constantly appear while chanting a theme that suits them.

They will also have a far more complex backstory than any of the main characters within the end of this season, yet, although deeper than any other characters in the show, they will remain a barrel of (cheap) laughs but will somehow manage to capture the hearts of many and become favourite characters, losing their mean streak; and just having funny dialogue and scenes that resolve around a lot of clever puns; say, the male of the duo constantly getting ripped off by the same salesguy,
or pokémon with spikes that hug their trainer when summoned.

Oh yeah. . the future will shine for torkoal.
I was gonna say something, then I realized it was humor. Oh well.

Anyways, now that I finally got to see this battle in motion, I must say that I'm VERY impressed. It seems the writer's are a fan of come-from-behind wins, as Ash definitely had the advantage until Registeel did something or other that took it to the next level.

Pikafan
12th August 2006, 9:12 AM
I think that Ash losing this episode was so that the creators could stall for more time to get the D/P saga ready for this september.

Torkoal Stu
13th August 2006, 10:31 AM
Ash used Torkoal in a battle when I was on holiday? Just so I couldn't see it ;.;

Well Torkoal learnt Heat Wave, looks awesome btw, and put up a bloody decent fight against Registeel. When I looked at the pictures I knew Torkoal wasn't going to win just because the writters wouldn't let Torkoal beat Registeel after it lost to a Steelix in the Hoenn League, it would really be odd and not work at all. However Torkoal in general makes this episode awesome. And it sorta leads me to the conclusion that Oak did train Ash's Pokemon while he looks after them.

Ash losing to Nurse Joy was kinda unexpected, and this new hyper Joy is just odd o0;;;

But go Torkoal, Oak is a miracle worker.

Gryphon Turboclaw
14th August 2006, 8:56 PM
What can I say...Heat Wave is long overdue for Torkoal, and I'm glad to hear that the little guy's finally putting it to use.

The only time we saw one was Ignorance is Blissey. And Blissey has about 200 more HP than her lesser form has. 'Wasn't off by much' is pushing it.XD

No, it's not.

Pokemon = Base Stat(HP)/Max Stat(HP)
Chansey = 250/704
Blissey = 255/714

Even in Hit Points, 5 base stat points isn't necessarily a big difference(except in specific situations). And unless you're mincing numbers over Flail/Reversal/Substitute or facing the threat of coming up 1-10 points short of a KO against a pokemon with Counter, Mirror Coat or the two just-mentioned attacks, 10 Hit Points is hardly much at all.

Piece of advice, Pika Hikari: Don't take someone's concession as a carte blanche to attack them(*especially* when you can't back up your counterclaims). They just might strike back...hard. And I stopped giving credit for effort a *long* time ago.

HoennMaster
14th August 2006, 9:24 PM
I think that Ash losing this episode was so that the creators could stall for more time to get the D/P saga ready for this september.

Really, what an interesting theory indeed! Yes, that is the reason, everyone knows that.

It was nice to see Torkoal in a full (And real) battle! I'm glad Registeel one but Torkoal was great.

Nyami
28th August 2006, 12:44 AM
Saw the pictures before, but just saw the episode. It might sound wierd, but sometimes I swear that sometimes it sounds like they are speaking Spanish instead of Japanese. Anyways. I love these fangirl Nurse Joys that have been in recent eps. Chansey was awesome. Poor Corphish :'( . LOL...Aipom beat up Oak when it got Oak'd (oh please let it be temporary!). It looked like in the pictures it didn't. That's the second freaked out pokemon that attacked him when it got Oak'd (Bayleef was the other). I don't like Satoshi's voice when he yells/screams, it's a little too harsh for me. The battle music was awesome. I wish we got good music like that in the dub :/

Question: After Registeel's last attack, Registeel was knocked out, but Regi's the attack KO'd Torkoal first?

GreatLiver
28th August 2006, 7:14 PM
Aipom was back with Ash in Rivals Forever. and yes it was all a matter of who collapsed first.

WaterDragon trainer
20th January 2007, 3:55 PM
This episode was awesome. It was good to see a Chansey again AND one that battles was pretty cool, too. The Boss Fantasy was rip roaringly funny this time. It was also funny how Chansey went nuts after losing its hat as well as Aipom beating up Professor Oak. Registeel was cool, although I like the voice from the Lucario movie better. Torkoal's new voice sounded awful. It was great to see Heat Wave in the anime. The battle was awesome.

CyberCubed
20th January 2007, 4:16 PM
Don't you just love those Nurse Joy's that stand out and are different than the rest? This was one of them.

Isn't it funny that we're 450 something episodes into this show, and this is the very first time we've ever seen a Chansey in a normal battle? Chansey has never done anything but hang around Pokemon Centers, yet this one defeated Ash's Corphish.

So we have our Brandon rematch after a long time, and now we get to see Registeel. Ash's Torkoal returns after not beeing seen since the Hoenn league, and redeems itself with a very nice battle. You would have thought Ash had it in the bag too, but surprisingly, it seemed like Brandon won just because this season had a few more episodes left. The battle was a very good one overall, I'm glad Torkoal got one last chance to shine before AG ended.

Anyone notice that Brandon said he was off to the sealed chamber? If you played the R/S games, that's where the Regi trio is.

We also have May depressed and wondering about her goal, which is foreshadowing for the next episode and the end of AG. Great episode overall.

PANCAKE
20th January 2007, 4:24 PM
Ash: "So Brandon, can I have a battle with you?"
Brandon: "Noooooooooooooo!!"

Thank you Tivo and your 5 rewinds. I love a good laugh at bad voice direction. :D

I agree with you Water Dragon, Registeels voice was 110 times better in the movie. I wouldn't have even minded at all if PUSA used clips from it's previous voice, insted of redoing it. Not to mention it didn't really say much.

Nice to see ol' Torkoal again. Shame we didn't get to see it's signature crying though. And now he will spend the rest of his days at Oaks, along with the the other Kanto and Johto Pokes'. Speaking of Professor Oak, it was funny to see Aipom maul the poor guy when it was transported there. Oaky can't get a break with these creatures.

Nice to see a Chansey in battle! It ***** slapped Corphish around then took it away to care for it. The boss fantasy about Chansey was the best I've seen in awhile. It actually made some sense.

Let's see.......... Oh, the actual battle with Registeel was "Pffffft" for me. Nothing we haven't seen before. I roll my eyes everytime I see Ash ordering his Pokemon to power up by bouncing off a wall, twisting in a sandstorm, etc. It's boring stratigies like that which offer him cheap wins. <---Just my opinion so don't go nucking futs people.

6/10 from me. Can't wait to see the actual finality coming in a couple weeks.

-PANCAKE-

Edit: S-E-N-S-E corrected

Shift
20th January 2007, 4:27 PM
This episode was awesome. It was good to see a Chansey again AND one that battles was pretty cool, too. The Boss Fantasy was rip roaringly funny this time. It was also funny how Chansey went nuts after losing its hat as well as Aipom beating up Professor Oak. Registeel was cool, although I like the voice from the Lucario movie better. Torkoal's new voice sounded awful. It was great to see Heat Wave in the anime. The battle was awesome.Torkoal's new voice would be Jimmy Zoppi, though I thought it sounded pretty good.

The episode was pretty good; I liked both battles, especially Torcoal taking down Registeel.

CaptainBrain
20th January 2007, 4:40 PM
I loved this ep. It had everything I wanted in it.

Ash losing, Nurse Joy schooling Ash, and a decent battle. :)

raticatelover
20th January 2007, 7:06 PM
Ahhh this episode has three great parts:

Nurse Joy and Chansey with mind control hats that keep their spirits nurse mode.

There's the Aipom giant bobblehead.

Then the battle itself was classic. I just think he relied too much on body slam instead of his other moves. He didn't even use overheat in the cyclone where it probably would've been more effedctive. Or any fire move for that matter. It could be like the Cyndaquil battle vs Scyther in Jotho.

Super Gullwing
20th January 2007, 7:11 PM
I actually watched the dub ep, it wan't bad. I liked the Nurse Joy and Chansey battle, hehe. XP OMG, Registeal.

Something about Max saying "You can look but you can't touch," Made me giggle though. Heh.

pokemaster 13
20th January 2007, 7:56 PM
You guys stop whining about Aipom. In the next episode he is going to already been confirmed to talk to Oak whether he goes to Oak's or over the computer.

This episode was good. I'm glad Ash has gone on a losing streak it makes things interesting. Ash had been on a winning streak that I'm glad has ended and he is stumped with this one.
ash was never on a winning streak.he loss to anabel,brandon 1st and 2cd time.

I loved this episode but registeel wasn't as badass as i thought he would be.still it was a good episode though and hoora to torkoal.

pokemaster 13
20th January 2007, 7:58 PM
Ahhh this episode has three great parts:

Nurse Joy and Chansey with mind control hats that keep their spirits nurse mode.

There's the Aipom giant bobblehead.

Then the battle itself was classic. I just think he relied too much on body slam instead of his other moves. He didn't even use overheat in the cyclone where it probably would've been more effedctive. Or any fire move for that matter. It could be like the Cyndaquil battle vs Scyther in Jotho.
*coughflamethrowercough* oh? and heat wave.

raticatelover
20th January 2007, 8:10 PM
*coughflamethrowercough* oh? and heat wave.

Yeah but when he was above the cyclone Registeel was trapped. He could've used another fire attack directly above him. He just used body slam on him.

S.Suikun
20th January 2007, 8:17 PM
I agree with you Water Dragon, Registeels voice was 110 times better in the movie. I wouldn't have even minded at all if PUSA used clips from it's previous voice, insted of redoing it. Not to mention it didn't really say much.
PUSA redoing it? Registeel's voice in this episode was different from his movie voice in the Japanese episode, as well. PUSA didn't redo jack. Please have an idea of what the hell you're saying before you throw that assumption stuff out there, no offense.

Korobooshi Kojiro
20th January 2007, 8:19 PM
Registeel's voice was still creepy as all though.

But it fits.

CabbyFish
20th January 2007, 8:21 PM
I must admit, this was a great episode. It was nice to finally see Ash bring back another one of his pokemon for battle since he hasn't done it since Heracross. Heat Wave was a really nice move to see in the anime. Torkoal put up a really great fight until Brandon told Registeel to use the Lock-On, Zap Cannon combo. It was also nice to see a Nurse Joy offically battle for the first time. Funny how Corphish can beat Anabel's Alakazam, but it couldn't muster the power to beat a Chensey and its 600 and some odd hit point defense. I guess Chensey had too much bulk. Ash really thought on his toes in the battle with Brandon, and he showed him that he got much better since their first encounter. He just has a little more work to do, and then, he will definitely beat Brandon.

Somorio
20th January 2007, 8:32 PM
Ash: "So Brandon, can I have a battle with you?"
Brandon: "Noooooooooooooo!!"
-PANCAKE-

I still laugh when i think about this part. lol a simple no would have sufficed.

I still fell really sorry for torkoal, he fought so hard and...lost. but he tried his best.

lol getting knocked out while standing was kinda weird though.

ps. did they have to change alllllllllll the pokemon voices and actors, what was wrong with the old ones? were they all like on some kind of temporary contract or what?

and why does it seem that almost all the voices they redid i don't like why can't there be a voice i like why?

oh well lamenting over torkoals loss and the loss of his original voice actor will get me nowhere. on with life.

AdvancedK9
20th January 2007, 8:42 PM

this is what i'm frigin wondering about... could this be a forsight of may leaving? we ARE close to the end

Max:ash must be learning a lot down there

May: /(mind)but what about me?(/mind)

i cant beleive CN rushed in december

wasnt the friggin contest enough?

PANCAKE
20th January 2007, 8:50 PM
PUSA redoing it? Registeel's voice in this episode was different from his movie voice in the Japanese episode, as well. PUSA didn't redo jack. Please have an idea of what the hell you're saying before you throw that assumption stuff out there, no offense.

Look you bafoon:

First off you say "no offense", then have the nerve to say "hell". Get a life you loser. I'm not some nerdy Star Wars freak who picks apart every damn episode to shove in someones face to prove a point. If I was wrong, then I'm wrong. But have a correct way of coming at me with it, insted of some droning jack-*** who lives in his moms basement not opening up his colletors edition Pikachu for fear of devaluing it.

I seen the Lucario movie once and had never seen the Japanese stuff until recently. So IM compairing it to the TRANSLATED stuff I saw. I've nothing else to go on until someone points it out. I've had that happen a few times now and people were nice about it. Not a jerk like you. So next time you want to try to correct me on something PM me, IM me on my AOL, just don't try and point me out like an idiot on the forum. Creep.

Torkoal Stu
20th January 2007, 9:00 PM
^ Wow take a chill pill dude.

I've read through some posts, but nothing really telling me anything (too many mixed views). Can someone give me a clue-in on how good PUSA's Torkoal was? Well good's probably too generic, more along the lines of a brief description? Or a comparrison to 4Kids' Torkoal voice?

I'm just dying to know.

Thanks in advance people :O. If its not too much trouble or anything.

S.Suikun
20th January 2007, 9:08 PM
First off you say "no offense", then have the nerve to say "hell". Get a life you loser. I'm not some nerdy Star Wars freak who picks apart every damn episode to shove in someones face to prove a point. If I was wrong, then I'm wrong. But have a correct way of coming at me with it, insted of some droning jack-*** who lives in his moms basement not opening up his colletors edition Pikachu for fear of devaluing it.
Actually, it's my mom's closet. We don't have a basement. :P

I seen the Lucario movie once and had never seen the Japanese stuff until recently. So IM compairing it to the TRANSLATED stuff I saw. I've nothing else to go on until someone points it out. I've had that happen a few times now and people were nice about it. Not a jerk like you. So next time you want to try to correct me on something PM me, IM me on my AOL, just don't try and point me out like an idiot on the forum. Creep.
Whoa, whoa! Don't call me a creep until I actually become a certified pedophile! I'm just an intern as it is.

Chaos Emperor
20th January 2007, 9:11 PM
This was a cool episode. I didn't think I'd ever see a Chansey battle. Brandon's voice was kinda annoying though.

Registeel was the coolest with it's robotic voice. I want to see the episode where Ash battles all 3 regis, mainly to se what the others sound like.

I think this should count as Ash's first official loss agaist Brandon, since he was possesed by an evil spirit when he fought Regirock.

Why did he use Torkoal? If he used Charizard, he would've won. It did beat Articuno, after all.

This episode gets a 7/10 in my book.

CyberCubed
20th January 2007, 9:21 PM
^ Wow take a chill pill dude.

I've read through some posts, but nothing really telling me anything (too many mixed views). Can someone give me a clue-in on how good PUSA's Torkoal was? Well good's probably too generic, more along the lines of a brief description? Or a comparrison to 4Kids' Torkoal voice?

I'm just dying to know.

Thanks in advance people :O. If its not too much trouble or anything.

It was fairly different from the old Torkoal, at least.

As a comparison, you know how the new Corphish sounds in comparison to the old one? Think of Torkoal's voice changing along the same lines.

Its not a bad voice, it just sounds a bit different than what we're used to.

S.Suikun
20th January 2007, 9:22 PM
Why did he use Torkoal? If he used Charizard, he would've won. It did beat Articuno, after all.
Yeah, just what we need. Even more Charizard over-glorification. You'll get your wish and more in the near future.
When it gets completely assraped by a non-legend. :P

Weavile_Striker
20th January 2007, 10:09 PM
Ah man. I didn't get to see the end of the episode. It was pretty funny when Aipom started beating up Oak. Also, is it just me, or does that things head get bigger every episode?

ShinyManafi
20th January 2007, 10:15 PM
I liked this one. Battling Chansey O_o. And for a second, I thought the match would end up to be a draw...

S.Suikun
20th January 2007, 11:14 PM
Ah man. I didn't get to see the end of the episode. It was pretty funny when Aipom started beating up Oak. Also, is it just me, or does that things head get bigger every episode?
Ash feeds Aipom whatever Drew feeds his Roselia.

jolteonjak
21st January 2007, 1:43 AM
The boss fantasy about Chansey was the best I've seen in awhile. It actually made some sence.

Ok...Since you get to bash my grammar (which grammatically wasn't really wrong) in the Spoiler section, it's my turn to bash your spelling. Try S-E-N-S-E. There, that's better.

So for the episode...I really liked it. It was a very nice twist to have a battle/contest-loving Nurse Joy rather than a lot of the generic stuff we see a lot. Her Chansey goes right up there with Harley's Wigglytuff for the Most Spunky Pokemon I've seen.

The battle with Torkoal and Registeel, IMO, was probably the best of the season. My only complaint with it will be discussed in another thread. Not having seen Movie 8, I kinda liked Registeel's voice. It seemed like it was actually talking (like when Brandon mentioned its spirit awakening or something it seemed to laugh and say "yah" or something).

If someone who understands Japanese (Yamato-san perhaps?) could answer this..was there as much foreshadowing in the episode in Japanese as there was in English? I'm referring to Brandon telling Ash he was using Registeel in the battle and all the stuff May was saying. I believe May was discussed when the episode first came out.

claona
21st January 2007, 1:45 AM
I missed this episode, can someone tell me were I can watch it.

S.Suikun
21st January 2007, 1:52 AM
I missed this episode, can someone tell me were I can watch it.
On Cartoon Network when it re-airs. DUH.

Medea
21st January 2007, 2:24 AM
It will air next Saturday before the next new episode (Medea can't wait for it)

-Hyper Nurse Joy was pretty cool and one of the toughest I've ever seen out of most of the Nurse Joys I've seen in the entire series (not including the Orange Island Nurse Joy)
-FINALLY!!! We see Chansey fight big time! My prayers have been answered.
-Aipom vs. Oak...I can't resist that! I do enjoy seeing things like that (like back in Johto when Bayleef attacked Oak)
-I know all of the Contestshippers are on the edge of their seats in watching May this week. You know, the whole bit and I don't need to go into it.
-Great to see Torkoal again and no comment about the voice.
-Professor Oak's voice was okay. But let me say this now...DON'T F-UP YOU-KNOW-WHO'S VOICE! When the time comes, you'll know.
-Torkoal vs. Registeel: Even though, I do not like any of the Regis, that was one hell of a battle. Somehow, it reminded me of the gym battle against Jasmine. Oh well. And I do enjoy seeing Ash lose once and a while, but losing two times in a row is a rare treat.

And that's about all.

S.Suikun
21st January 2007, 2:44 AM
-Professor Oak's voice was okay. But let me say this now...DON'T F-UP YOU-KNOW-WHO'S VOICE! When the time comes, you'll know.
I wouldn't worry about that, Medea, as Harley's VA tends to sound a lot like you-know-who at times.

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st January 2007, 2:45 AM
The Ninja with Ninjask sounded JUST like you-know-who also.

S.Suikun
21st January 2007, 2:50 AM
The Ninja with Ninjask sounded JUST like you-know-who also.
I think we're referring to a different "you-know-who".

Korobooshi Kojiro
21st January 2007, 2:50 AM
I thought we meant Gary?

S.Suikun
21st January 2007, 2:51 AM
I thought we meant Gary?
No, we mean the guy in Medea's avy who likes to draw crap.

CyberCubed
21st January 2007, 2:52 AM
He wears a green shirt and has a headband, that's all the hints you get. :p

We heard his voice on the Pokemon Learning League already, he sounded fine.

Swirling Squirtle
21st January 2007, 2:53 AM
I Loved This Episode, Nurse Joy Was Soo Funny!!

Shift
21st January 2007, 2:57 AM
I believe it's Craig Blair, the guy who voiced Brandon and the salaryman coordinator, who'll be voicing Tr/Ke- I mean, you-know-who...

asia_catdog_blue
21st January 2007, 7:10 PM
I wonder what would the other Nurse Joys and Chanseys be like without their nurse hats.

S.Suikun
21st January 2007, 8:13 PM
I wonder what would the other Nurse Joys and Chanseys be like without their nurse hats.
Nurse Joy hats are clearly mind control devices that turn Joys into mindless drones who say nothing but "May I heal your Pokemon?" and whatnot. This had to be done, as without their hats, Nurse Joys are relentless killing machines. (Although...Aipom stole Joy's hat in the Kanto GF and nothing obscure happened.)

asia_catdog_blue
21st January 2007, 9:16 PM
Nurse Joy hats are clearly mind control devices that turn Joys into mindless drones who say nothing but "May I heal your Pokemon?" and whatnot. This had to be done, as without their hats, Nurse Joys are relentless killing machines. (Although...Aipom stole Joy's hat in the Kanto GF and nothing obscure happened.)

Chanseys, too?

Dark Star
21st January 2007, 11:20 PM
^Yes, Chansey's too! Did anyone find it disappointing that instead of a blue "Blissey", we couldn't see a real Blissey?

Yeah, just what we need. Even more Charizard over-glorification. You'll get your wish and more in the near future.
When it gets completely assraped by a non-legend. :P

The same non-legend that loss to a Skitty...

Jorah
21st January 2007, 11:25 PM

XD

I really liked this episode, Brandon said "NOOOOO!" again, the change in Nurse Joy was good, nice twist in the battle since Ash usually only loses to someone once then wins, and Aipom left and attacked Oak

Lishus13
21st January 2007, 11:38 PM
Torkoal sounded like Peppermint Patty on steroids.

So, Heat Wave...pretty cool. Seeing how it did little more to Registeel that Flamethrower....

Nurse Joy: "AHHH! MY YOUTH!!!"

YoshiAngemon
22nd January 2007, 12:58 AM
I'm starting to think that Aipom is bound to become the Evil Monkey of the Pokémon World. I can just imagine it doing the evil glare and point thing that Chris's Evil Monkey does, but to Bayleef. Scary, isn't it?

raticatelover
22nd January 2007, 1:43 AM

Well the mind control hats are only used on those nurse joys that have fighting spirit. If they accept their destinies as nurses, they don't need the mind control hats, but if they don't and want to become trainers then that's when they're used.

Cobalt_Latios
23rd January 2007, 6:12 AM
This was a rathe entertaining episode. Not only does Ash and May sign autographs, but Torkoal makes a nice reappearance and we get to see a side of Nurse Joy that isnt theoritically possible(at least not believable anyway). The episode title was slightly misleading, until i realized what exactly the title was referring to, then it wasnt so.

Funniest scene:
Corphish gets beaten by Nurse Joy's Chansey, next thing you know, Chansey and Joy get their hats back on, and they bring Corphish to the Pokemon Center. Maybe this is where that infamous line in every Pokemon game "we hope to see you again", is being referred by.(Not likely, but it does make me think of that.

Next off, after Team Rocket gets blasted off, Chansey's hat miraculously(sp?) returns to her, as if it was destined to remain there.

The battle itself was rather fun, and actually showed Ash being calm, clever and useful in ages. But i guess that has something to do with the fact that he's having a rematch with someone that he really wants to defeat. While I'm here, i'll say that Registeel had a really robotic sounding voice to it, moreso than in LatMoM. I was also curious as to why Ash didnt try and use the same strategy he used to defeat Jasmine back in Johto(Sandstorm + Flamethrower anyone?). Then again, that's just about 5 seasons back, and im guessing that the writers didnt think anyone would have remembered that far back.

All in all, a rare episode and i hope it stays like so for a while longer.

~C_L~

MechaBulba
23rd January 2007, 11:32 AM
A cool episode. Torkoal should have killed that registeel if it was not for that one zap conon.

However did they have to mention that registeel is made of a metal not found on Earth even though registeels are found on Earth there4 making the metal to be found on earth in the form of a registeel. I mean they said it like 3 times and every time they seemed amazed at the fact.

wobbanut
23rd January 2007, 7:36 PM
*Sniff* You know, I didn't really realize how much I missed that lovable crying turtle until I saw him again in this episode (and he didn't cry!). He was always so great for a chuckle and a grin during seasons seven and eight. It was awesome seeing Torkoal get in his best fighting since the brief scizor fight in "Vanity Fair", and he was AWESOME, even if he ended up losing. Nice to see that Registeel was getting tired at the end, when it collapsed slightly, before Torkoal went down. I liked when he bounced off the wall too. LOL :D

Also, I'm glad Brandon wasn't a jerk this time around like he was in his first episode. I still don't like his first episode, but at least he proves he can be more than just a very irritable person. That Nurse Joy and Chansey were a bit... interesting. Man, that was one tough chansey. Poor Corphish. :( I did like when chansey got ticked after its nurse hat fell on Jessie's head, though, and Jessie blasted off with it still on and wondered where it came from. LOL :) Oh yes, and I still like the new Professor Oak voice like I did in the Mirage Pokemon special. He sounds more like Oak here than he did originally, but I still love the new voice. I liked Aipom beating him up too, it reminded me of Bayleef in the Whirl Island Cup episodes. :D

Overall, 10/10. I can't wait for the final Pyramid fight.

Pacman
23rd January 2007, 8:06 PM
It was OK. Registeel is cool.

Ashy Boy
23rd January 2007, 8:11 PM
What did Torkoal's new dub voice sound like? Was it good or just lame?

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd January 2007, 9:50 PM
Well, when he talked...

Babies cried, the ground opened up and Pidgeot emerged from the deaths of hell eating Misty's corpse...

It was okay.

uber gon
24th January 2007, 9:31 AM
Why is it Double Edge goes through so many changes?

Gold/Silver18
25th January 2007, 12:55 AM
that was a good episode.

The battle between Torkoal and Registeel was great.

Which Pokemon do you think Brandon is going to go search for?

Geodude
25th January 2007, 1:59 AM
Anyone who knows about the Japanese episodes knows that it's Regice.

The Great Butler
25th January 2007, 3:28 AM
Anyone who knows about the Japanese episodes knows that it's Regice.

Did he specifically say that in the raw? I mean, simple logic dictates that once he mentioned where he was going, the answer would be obvious, but until I saw the dubbed I was under the impression he ALWAYS had all three.

Geodude
25th January 2007, 4:54 AM
I don't think so, but why would they have mentioned him going to get a Pokemon at all if it wasn't...that one? And the fact that he explores ruins is another good clue.

The Great Butler
25th January 2007, 5:01 AM
I don't think so, but why would they have mentioned him going to get a Pokemon at all if it wasn't...that one? And the fact that he explores ruins is another good clue.

Once they mentioned the Sealed Chamber it was pretty obvious.

Geodude
25th January 2007, 5:03 AM
If I knew that place's Japanese name I could listen for it in the raw.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..
25th January 2007, 6:56 AM
This episode I really enjoyed it a lot, and that Nurse Joy had some awesome personality. A battling Joy and a battling Chansey. I laughed when Chansey took her hat out and was all macho ready to fight mode. And the boss scene, wow I was laughing, and yes it was a boxing fantasy which made it more awesome.

The rematch with Brandon was really impressive, and I thought at first Ash had him, but guess not. And I liked how Ash was focused which to bad he can't use that experience in the DP series.

Surreal
27th January 2007, 6:39 AM
I loved this episode. It was really good and full of action. sarah nattochenny is improving loads. And i cant wait for ash to use squirtle, baulbasaur, and charazard.

uber gon
27th January 2007, 7:04 AM
This episode I really enjoyed it a lot, and that Nurse Joy had some awesome personality. A battling Joy and a battling Chansey. I laughed when Chansey took her hat out and was all macho ready to fight mode. And the boss scene, wow I was laughing, and yes it was a boxing fantasy which made it more awesome.

The rematch with Brandon was really impressive, and I thought at first Ash had him, but guess not. And I liked how Ash was focused which to bad he can't use that experience in the DP series.

Though I miss Torkoal's Overheat.

CabbyFish
27th January 2007, 7:18 PM
My favorite line of the episode:

Meowth: "Hold on, my twerp antennas are tingling!"

I never thought Pokemon would have a Spider Man reference in any episode. It was funny when he said that (although the line delivery was weaker than usual).

Darkness Angel
27th January 2007, 10:45 PM
Was finally able to see the second battle with Brandon and it was alot better than the first one.

Pokemon__
30th January 2007, 10:44 PM
I'm glad Ash brought back Torkoal, he's gotten alot stronger, especially with the heat wave atack. I bet Torkoal would have won if Registeel hadn't gotten in that last zap cannon. And I liked Aipom's reaction to Professor Oak. XD

Ash6K
30th January 2007, 11:14 PM
I thought the Torkoal vs. Registeel battle was amazing! I am always questioning why they wouldn't let Torkoal use Overheat when it was right on top of Registeel's head/body...

But anyway I liked they Hyper Nurse Joy and the whole episod in general.

aipom_fan
31st January 2007, 3:09 AM
I thought the Torkoal vs. Registeel battle was amazing! I am always questioning why they wouldn't let Torkoal use Overheat when it was right on top of Registeel's head/body...

But anyway I liked they Hyper Nurse Joy and the whole episod in general.

i total agree. it was a awesome battle.

i think he didn't use overheat right on top so they can keep the show in the Kanto Region longer and to show how tough brandon is.

Shiny Ho-Oh
31st January 2007, 3:12 AM
Well I'm glad that Torkoal is back. Torkoal put up a good fight but in the end Registeel was superior.

C.J. Ray
2nd February 2007, 3:43 AM
I'm more interested in that Chansey! I've been inspired to breed a Pinpuku when Diamond and Pearl come out and evolve it into a battle Blissey for my team after seeing that Chansey kick Corphish's shellfish butt! :D

Knight_Ram
8th February 2007, 11:02 AM
Yeah, this was a pretty average battle from Ash in both battles shown during the quick 20 minute episode. Expected more from him, but he made the show go on a little longer. (Which is cool). Yup... I liked the new move shown. Looked pretty good for a heat wave.

Ashy Boy
23rd May 2007, 10:44 AM
There are a couple of things I didn't like about the dub version:

- Torkoal's "voice"
- May saying: "What about me?", selfish much?

Surreal
29th May 2007, 10:21 AM
This episode was pretty good. Torkal put up a great fight, Just wished it would of won more battles in the past. But this was a good episode.

Knight_Ram
8th June 2007, 12:48 PM
Heat Wave was doing great, too bad Ash's Torkoal was a little weaker than Registeel.

Maybe another time.

Soulworage717
15th June 2007, 8:03 AM
Truth be told the battle itself was good compared to others. Although having another final standoff (I HATE THOSE.) there was some KINDA clever moments. And proof Lock-On in the anime is an awesome move.

On the bad side I totally have to agree with Ashy Boy. Torkoal's voice is messed up. I dunno if that's age or anything but after listening to AG's voice, it was definately awkward.

Oh yeah, I still love this episode because of only one thing...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

KING BRANDON DEMANDS THE LOCATION OF THE SEALED CHAMBER.

KING BRANDON WANTS YOU TO FETCH HIM SOME PORK CHOPS.

And so on.

This episode gave me the idea of KING BRANDON. And I owe alot to this episode.

ALL HAIL KING BRANDON.

Knight_Ram
23rd June 2007, 10:26 AM
Truth be told the battle itself was good compared to others. Although having another final standoff (I HATE THOSE.) there was some KINDA clever moments. And proof Lock-On in the anime is an awesome move.

On the bad side I totally have to agree with Ashy Boy. Torkoal's voice is messed up. I dunno if that's age or anything but after listening to AG's voice, it was definately awkward.

Oh yeah, I still love this episode because of only one thing...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

KING BRANDON DEMANDS THE LOCATION OF THE SEALED CHAMBER.

KING BRANDON WANTS YOU TO FETCH HIM SOME PORK CHOPS.

And so on.

This episode gave me the idea of KING BRANDON. And I owe alot to this episode.

ALL HAIL KING BRANDON.

I think I would rather Hail Knight_Ram rather than him. After all, I did pwn him on Emerald...:-P

I also liked the "NOOOOOO!!" thing that Brandon does. Its so funny.

HoennMaster
29th October 2008, 4:44 AM
About Sandstorm
Max: This is the first time I've seen it used today.

I forgot about that line. WTF?

Genome
29th October 2008, 10:19 PM
About Sandstorm
Max: This is the first time I've seen it used today.

I forgot about that line. WTF?
Yeah, it's rare for Max to do small talk.

Maybe he really meant today?

CyberCubed
29th October 2008, 11:09 PM
PUSA really handled Max badly, IMO.

I kind of liked Max in Hoenn since 4kids gave him good dialog and he was kinda snarky, but PUSA didn't know what kind of lines to give him.

I didn't like Max's new voice either, but since BF was only a short season and he's not around anymore I guess it doesn't matter.

IMO, Max's character was ruined the most from the transition of the two dubs.

Genome
30th October 2008, 12:00 AM
Oh yeeeaah, Battle Frontier Max was packed full of snarky commentary and negligible chatter (as if me, in the show!). The voice only made this sound annoying.

And I think Meowth should sue.

But can you blame PUSA though? How could they have dubbed a main character who received close-to-zero development this season? If the kid wasn't a pain, I'd forget he was a stump next to May's leg altogether.

CyberCubed
30th October 2008, 12:59 AM
But can you blame PUSA though? How could they have dubbed a main character who received close-to-zero development this season? If the kid wasn't a pain, I'd forget he was a stump next to May's leg altogether.

I don't know, but Max didn't do much in Hoenn either yet 4kids actually made him funny at times.

Some of those early/mid Hoenn episodes when Max would make fun of both Ash and May was quite funny, and that's why I didn't mind him back then. He really did seem like an amusing kid.

The writers themselves did get bored of Max in Battle Frontier, only in that Ranger/Deoxys episode did he have some sort of role, but PUSA just made it worse by giving him repetitive dialog.

I agree that it doesn't really matter since Max didn't do much in BF anyway, but at least they got his goodbye dialog with Ash right. Oh well.

Tadashi
30th October 2008, 5:55 AM
Its great to show Ash losing twice in a row to the same trainer, something like that has never happened to him, and it is just so refreshing to show that Ash isn't as powerful as he is made out to be.

My thoughts exactly ^_^ It's nice to see him lose some once and a while. Especially against someone like Brandon, so he has to work extra hard to pull off a win the next time around. Jolly good, I say ^_^

HoennMaster
30th October 2008, 7:18 AM
I guess I am still one of the only people who thought Max's new voice was better then the old one.

CyberCubed
30th October 2008, 9:19 PM
Max's new voice was too static like, and far too nerdy.

And as said, the lines PUSA gave him were redundant. I don't remember Max saying things like, "This is the first time I saw this move today!" back when Hoenn was airing.

4kids knew how to write Max's dialog better than PUSA.

Torpoleon
9th November 2008, 1:17 AM
I can tell Ash was really colse to winning this battle!

Igottapoo
19th January 2009, 6:22 PM
It was good too see Torkoal. Too bad he lost. It seems like this was taking forever to me.

(s.i.e)
10th March 2009, 1:40 PM
it's good to see torkoal again, he's one of the funniest among the team if you ask me:P

Littlemyuu
13th March 2009, 2:54 AM
Nice episode, good to see Torkoal fights again

Ash-kid
30th April 2009, 2:00 PM
I think that if Ash was using Charizard against Registeel,he was winning.

Torpoleon
2nd June 2009, 12:13 AM
I think that if Ash was using Charizard against Registeel,he was winning.You're sentence did not make sense AGAIN, but I get what you're saying. I think he would have won too, but Torkoal was not used as much as Charizard and ironically, it had learned a new move; Heat Wave. Torkoal ALMOST won by dealing heavy hits.

Splitzman
8th July 2009, 4:22 AM
One of the better episodes if you ask me. Spoilers ahead

We have the Nurse Joy with a firey personality and same for her Chansey. I like how Ash learns that he can't battle with power, and how he should of strategized (relative to sports possibly)? Then that battle with Brandon is very entertaining and awesome. It's also nice to see Torkoal with Heat Wave. Even though the outcome was predictible, it was heckuva battle.

10/10

STICKTOPIA
21st July 2009, 4:53 AM
It's messed up that Ash lost 2 battles in 1 episode but it was still a great episode.

catzisconfus
15th August 2009, 3:18 PM
registeel was pretty cool, i cant wait to see the rematch :D
i think brandon will use regice next time XD

popcorn dragon
5th January 2010, 3:48 AM
I think this is as much as respect Nurse Joy will get. She also didn't have stay for a couple eps.

Lorde
5th January 2010, 8:37 AM
The match ending with Torkoal being beat up, that was my least favorite part :(

I liked that Nurse Joy finally got involved with a battle. I loved her Chaney's battle strategy. Nurse Joy has such a fiery personality deep down.

At least Torkoal appeared and did something useful. 5/10

Willow's Tara
31st May 2010, 1:49 AM
Nice to see a Nurse Joy battling, I am glad not all Joys and Jennys are the same ones (Like the Joy in OI, the tanned one going across the ocean. The one who hated water types and others). It's interesting that once their hats are off they are fierce lol.

Didn't Aipom know he was getting transferred? He seems quite happy when Ash was talking then went and attacked Oak lol, like Bayleef he obviously hates being transferred, maybe Ash should explain his Pokemon what is happening first.

How old is Nurse Joy btw? I think she's about 30 like Jenny but when she said Ah my youth it sounded like she was alot older.

It was nice to see Torkoal again but shame it didn't win especially learning a new move.

Lance The Champ
20th December 2010, 2:35 PM
Was a good battle... but pity Ash couldn't win.... Brandon is just too strong and beating legendary pokemon is next to impossible

Painkiller2001
29th January 2011, 1:30 AM
For a minute, I thought this would be the time Ash actually wins.
But no, he suffers his second(?) straight loss to Pyramid King Brandon.

I thought that the Pokemon Professor Oak was sending him would be Charizard.
But instead it was Torkoal. Which was good. We haven't seen Torkoal for a while! It's voice now is actually pretty good! Not bad at all!

Torkoal really put up a great fight!
A shame he didn't win, though.

Somehow, I found it a little funny when Torkoal got knocked out. All swirly-eyed and standing up!

G50
27th April 2011, 3:34 AM
This episode was good. It was cool to see how the move Lock-On works in the Anime, it's extremely useful. It was cool to see Registeel in this episode. Registeel is very powerful. It was interesting to see Ash lose for the 2nd time against Brandon. It was cool to find out that Torkoal learned Heat Wave, I had been hoping to see Torkoal learn it. Torkoal put up a great fight against Registeel. The Chansey Ash battled was very strong, too bad Corphish lost. Surprised to see Ash lose twice in this episode. Registeel's Lock-on/Zap Cannon move combo was very cool and wise.

74/100

Bulba the Great!
6th June 2012, 9:42 AM
James gets the award for best line of the evening: "It sounds like it's time for a dissolve," right before the Boss Fantasy. Good one, PUSA.

Vernikova
2nd October 2012, 8:11 PM
I guess they're making up for the ease Ash went through battling everyone Frontier Brain that isn't Anabel.

TheSirPeras
2nd November 2012, 10:56 AM
Damn Torkoal got powerful damn it darkrai! I kinda wish Torkoal had won or been used in the rematch, but nonetheless it was a good battle

PokemonNation2000
13th June 2013, 7:45 AM
May's voice is better than usual, but again, Taylor it certainly ain't. She had a really cocky attitude in this episode, though, which I found out-of-character to say the least.

Brock sounds...actually, a bit too rough and deep here. It's like Bill Rogers started to lose his touch somewhere around here with his version of Brock, and that devolution continued into DP. He picked it up again in BW but unfortunately as Brock isn't on the show I have to sadly go by the pitiful performance he put on in DP.

Sarah's Ash keeps getting worse and worse...>_>. Seriously, deeper is NOT better. Ash. Is. A. 10. Year. Old. Boy. People. Therefore, he should sound whiny and high-pitched.

PUSA really handled Max badly, IMO.

I kind of liked Max in Hoenn since 4kids gave him good dialog and he was kinda snarky, but PUSA didn't know what kind of lines to give him.

I didn't like Max's new voice either, but since BF was only a short season and he's not around anymore I guess it doesn't matter.

IMO, Max's character was ruined the most from the transition of the two dubs.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. He'd been given the worst shaft.

4Kids did a way better job with Max than TPCi. I really don't see how anyone can debate this one.

I would say holistically 4Kids also did much better with Brock, though holistically and not during the transition (Bill did a great job between the transition).

Although Bill was great in most of BF and in the BW flashback as Brock, in the latter portion of BF and DP he was flat-out terrible as the character. Eric Stuart was always really consistent, and although at times he sounded like Seto Kaiba, his voice was always fitting, age-appropriate, and emotional.

Dub: 67/100

I guess I am still one of the only people who thought Max's new voice was better then the old one.

I can't even fathom your logic on this one. I really can't.

Natochenny getting deeper only made her worse to me, and I greatly disliked Kayzie's Max. lol.

James gets the award for best line of the evening: "It sounds like it's time for a dissolve," right before the Boss Fantasy. Good one, PUSA.

Agreed. It's really a shame that now all the word "James" and the word "PUSA" are associated with are a mile-long list of alliterations, assonance, and stuff nobody says at all in real life. *sigh*

PokemontrainerY
8th July 2013, 12:28 PM
Ash's battle with Brandan was cool, his Torkoal put up a great battle, but it couldn't win against Brandans Pokémon. This was a good episode, but Ash losing to both Nurse Joy and Brandon was dissapointing.

Painkiller2001
18th November 2014, 12:50 AM
That's right, this is the point in the show where May has this whole "What is the purpose of my life?" thing.
It makes sense for someone like the Pyramid king to use legendary Pokemon in his battles to really give the challenger a tough battle.

Lorde
1st December 2014, 3:32 AM
So Ash and friends found the Battle Pyramid again. I cackled at Nurse Joy being an Ash and May fan; them signing her scrapbook was funny. Meowth wanting to snatch Chansey to use as Giovanni's sparring partner and nurse was ridiculous and Brandon's Registeel wasn't as broken as his Regirock, but seeing Registeel endure Fire-type attacks was lame.