PDA

View Full Version : Beat Up

Shiny_Milotic
5th August 2006, 4:06 AM
Can someone explain to me exactly what this move does and how the party Pokemon affect it?

Knuffy
5th August 2006, 4:24 AM
When you have healthy pokemon in the party, the pokemon on the field use the move equal to the healthy pokemon in the party.A lot of times it is weak, but sometimes, it also give critical hit. More like fury attack, but more acculate.

The Scizor Master
5th August 2006, 4:37 AM
i luv that attack. it fits sneasal 2. lol

Shiny_Milotic
5th August 2006, 4:39 AM
But , so why do people use it ? It doesn't seem very strong to me ..

Tazzler
5th August 2006, 5:23 AM
Beat Up is an attack like a multi-hit attack (Rock Blast, Fury Swipes) that hits how many times you have a healthy pokemon. The power for each hit is 10, iirc. It is neutral. Beat Up uses the pokemon's base attack and the opponent's base defense. Fainted or statused pokemon do not have their base attack hit included in the overall hit.

One example is houndoom. Blissey is a common switch in being a special sponge. If houndoom uses beat up, then the base attack of itsself and its partners will damage blissey according to her base defense. Since her base defense is quite low, she will get 2hko'd most of the time, resulting in a sweepage. Other than that, it doesn't have much use except for hopefully breaking a sub.

Here is another explanation that might be clearer posted by Obi at smogon:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It uses the regular damage formula for each hit. It does a base 10 power typless (so no STAB, no effectiveness changes) attack using your base attack instead of your normal attack, and it uses your base defense instead of your normal defense (so if you hit Celebi with Beat Up, it uses 100 for the defense value every time, rather than 236, 299, 328, or whatever). This is why it's very effective on Blissey, as Blissey has a pathetic base defense, but uses EVs to nearly triple its defense (compare 10 base defense with the usual 130 defense stat to see why). It does a base 10 attack for all your Pokemon that have no status conditions and are alive, using their base attacks each time.

Shiny_Milotic
5th August 2006, 7:05 AM
Thanks. I understand it now.

SneazzL.com
5th August 2006, 1:15 PM
I use Beat up on my second choise sneasel its quit fun but not really that great that it sounds.

Pranz
5th August 2006, 1:31 PM
i think its worthless.
--Pranz

SneazzL.com
5th August 2006, 2:03 PM
i think its worthless.
--Pranz
It is :\
But its fun...

Shiny_Milotic
5th August 2006, 6:55 PM
It seems like it would be better with STAB ...

Jaster
5th August 2006, 8:13 PM
It makes all of your party use one of their powers on the foe pokemon.

SneazzL.com
5th August 2006, 8:31 PM
It makes all of your party use one of their powers on the foe pokemon.
English: 10 Bass power for each pokemon in your party
So 60=Max
Besides that its just fun.

TogeticTheRuler
6th August 2006, 12:35 AM
Yea, i wanna try it on a blissey!Do bad my sneasle and blissy arent in the same game........

Shiny_Milotic
6th August 2006, 3:54 AM
Yeah .. this can be locked .. i know everything I needed to. .

Cuiv
6th August 2006, 6:18 AM
Beat Up was an interesting idea, but had poor execution. Maybe if it had a base power of 15 or something...

pikadon92
6th August 2006, 7:08 AM
Sice it's a dark type, does it use special attack state instead of attack state?

emeraldsalamance
10th August 2006, 8:18 PM
Sice it's a dark type, does it use special attack state instead of attack state?

i think it is because i changed my faint attack of sneasel with beat upbecause with 6 pokemons in team is 60 exactly like a faint attack

and is a really good attack for training weak pokemons because my houndour of level 5 use beat up with a strong pokemon and the lv 100 party makes it a really powerfull attack

does really is for hp? then a train my blissye