PDA

View Full Version : Question again :/

Owlman
7th August 2006, 11:18 PM
Say if I want a Manectric with Hidden Power Grass and the power static does the female manectric have to have static? Also, if i keep breeding the manectric will i eventually get an egg with hp grass?

milotic111
7th August 2006, 11:41 PM
no the skill is determed randomly. so breeding with a female with that skill has no use. you can however breed natures with a everstone.
and yes eventually you'll get a hiddenpower grass, but it can take a VERY VERY long time. so if you have the patience, go for it. if not choose another move cause the power is also random. and you'll see that when you finally have your hiddenpower grass it's power is 30.

Aquarelle
7th August 2006, 11:42 PM
The trait a pokemon gets is random. So if you're breeding Manectrics, the offsprings with have either the static or lightningrod abilities. There is no way to guarantee that the hatched Electrike will have static, it's just random.

And if you keep breeding, you should eventually hatch an offspring with hp grass. It could take a while, though, since IVs are random, and there's sixteen different types hidden power can be. (Since it can't be normal) So, just keep on hatching a lot of eggs, and test the hidden power of each Electrike until one has hp grass.
That's all you have to do, hatch a LOT of eggs.

EDIT: Got beaten to it, lol.