PDA

View Full Version : Shedinja! What do you think?

Abusoru
8th August 2006, 1:41 AM
;292;
I felt like making a thread about this. XD
This extremely odd Pokemon is a hollow shell - kind of like the shells the actual bug sacada sheds in the heat of the summer. It is hollow and does not move, has 1HP, and steals your soul if you peer into it's back, which shows a good view of it's hollow inside.
It's ability is Wonder Guard, making almost any move impossible to penetrate it. Unless it is a super powerful attack. (Examples would be Flamethrower or Aerial Ace.)
So, is this hollow shell a one hit wonder? Or a 1HP dud of a Pokemon?
Opinions anyone?
XD
I say dud. D:

PS; Sorry if this is the wrong board. Dx

chrombot
8th August 2006, 1:57 AM
He can be a great way to catch some pokemon too. If you level nincada to 25 so it'll have false swipe.It helped me catch rayquaza and my southern island latias. Fly was easy to avoid. I dont think I'd use one in battles, Maybe though, but he's cool in my book.

lazyslothboy
8th August 2006, 2:01 AM
I always liked him. He has an uber powerful ability and it always fun to trace that ability on to another pokemon. Not to mention that shedinja is a decent sweeper. I find he is an uber, but not an uber all that the same time.

Kikas123
8th August 2006, 2:07 AM
Eh, I find him Quite happles in Certain Situations (Spikes/Sand Storm really nuke him!) But he's is pretty cool looking, you have to admit that!

Waterup
8th August 2006, 2:14 AM
I use it in Sapphire and he is ok Double Team x4= hard to touch.

Praetor
8th August 2006, 2:59 AM

you should give you shedinja bright powder just to really screw with ur opponents

Aquarelle
8th August 2006, 5:24 AM

you should give you shedinja bright powder just to really screw with ur opponents

:surprised:
Woah... That's too much hax...

I think Shedinja's okay, I can see that he could come in handy in certain situations, since he has so many type immunities. Though he could become absolutely useless if the foe has an attack that's super effective against him, or a status move/weather changing move that hurts him, as it would knock him out instantly. So, it really depends on the situation, he could be very good if the foe doesn't have an attack that can kill him, or he could be a piece of crap if the foe has something that can him.

Ultimate Ampharos
8th August 2006, 5:55 AM
Shedinja + Focus Band = trouble for your opponents

sceptilianmaster
8th August 2006, 3:40 PM
But Focus Band doesn't always work. Anyway, just imagine Sableye Skill Swapping with Shedinja... Shedinja's main use is to fill the Pokedex. But it does have its good points, I have to admit (having the most uber ability ever).

chosen_one386
8th August 2006, 3:43 PM
It is good in certain situations. He will really help out in gym battle against gym leaders who can't affect it at all. But, don't fight the E4 with it, it will be useless then.

I say it's a pretty good Pokemon.

LedZeppelin
8th August 2006, 4:07 PM
It would be cool if you could like swap the ability with sableye. Because Im pretty sure theyre are no super effective hits with him wait does he learn skill swap? It would be an amzing team battle strategy if he could get it

Vycksta
8th August 2006, 6:20 PM
Shedinja is one damn awesome Pokemon when used right.

Hoshi no Kabii
8th August 2006, 9:14 PM
He can be used by someone who knows what they're doing. But I hate him because everything seems to carry Rock Slide, Flamethrower, or Aerial Ace.

@LedZeppelin: No. Wonder Guard cannot be swapped. And Ghost/Dark is weak to fighting.

FDT Emperor
8th August 2006, 10:22 PM
I like Shedinja, but not in battle.
It get killed by too many moves and status effects
like: Spikes/Sandstream/Toxic/etc.

Tabby Catty
8th August 2006, 10:31 PM
Shedinja is okay though it relies too much on its ability. It would be hilarious if it did have about the same hit points as a blissey! But then it would be too uber. So basically Shedinja is classified as a "novelty pokemon"

examples of other "novelty pokemon" are Kecleon, Ditto, and Castform

Dragon trainer
8th August 2006, 10:50 PM
i don't like it, although i have never used it in game or netbattle, i happend to be batting some one with this, it fainted most of my pokemon, and i couldn't touch it until i used a non effective move, so it fainted. but it can be extermly effective

Kimori
9th August 2006, 3:17 AM
I really like Shedinja, it's my favorite bug Pokemon. =D (I raised one just for fun) I think it's pretty good.. Shedinja would get KOed instantly in the Battle Frontier, but it's always fun to use him against wild Pokemon and in battles outside of the Battle Frontier. I also like Shedinja because of it's Wonderguard ability; it's so original! <3

Wartortle 2000
9th August 2006, 3:23 AM
How you get Shedinja and its ability are very innovative. It is easily one of my favorite 3rd generation Pokémon.

Judai Yuki
9th August 2006, 4:06 AM
It is good in certain situations. He will really help out in gym battle against gym leaders who can't affect it at all. But, don't fight the E4 with it, it will be useless then.

I say it's a pretty good Pokemon.

I have videos of people beating the E4 with Shedinja....

-Judai

Havoc Houndoom
9th August 2006, 5:23 AM
That makes sense. Especially against Champ Wallace - I don't THINK he has anything that can pierce Wonder Guard.

legendary pkm master
9th August 2006, 5:33 AM
Shedinja + Focus Band = trouble for your opponents

hhaha

ima try to epuip him wit the berry that lowers HP but increases attack or wut eva

BasiltheDragon
9th August 2006, 12:06 PM
It isn't exactly good, except as a Baton Passer.

pigmonkeyandsuzi
9th August 2006, 12:15 PM
He can be used by someone who knows what they're doing. But I hate him because everything seems to carry Rock Slide, Flamethrower, or Aerial Ace.

@LedZeppelin: No. Wonder Guard cannot be swapped. And Ghost/Dark is weak to fighting.

only with foresight and stuff remember fighting goes through ghost

Cena_#1
9th August 2006, 3:08 PM
ummmmlet em thinck
i just battle it in the battle fronteir i just hit him with a dragon breath with my flygon it just fainted i thicnk it soooooooo week

TogeticTheRuler
9th August 2006, 4:01 PM
Dragonbreath cant kill shedinja............

Solar Crimson
9th August 2006, 4:37 PM
Shedinja is a unique Pokémon, but, despite its ability, it has too many weaknesses to use in real battles. For this reason, it was a pain to raise, too.

Koubagia
9th August 2006, 5:30 PM
It can't be touched by most ubers, and in that environment you don't often see Sandstorm or Spikes either. So against ubers? Definitely good. Anywhere else? Naa.

Vycksta
9th August 2006, 5:57 PM
Shedinja pwns Kyogre easily.

dark_murasame
9th August 2006, 6:01 PM
Wonder guard is awsome. I wish he didnt just hav 1 hp though. One hit and he is dead. I also think there might be an evo. Its just it seems strange how weak it is.

pigmonkeyandsuzi
9th August 2006, 9:16 PM
Wonder guard is awsome. I wish he didnt just hav 1 hp though. One hit and he is dead. I also think there might be an evo. Its just it seems strange how weak it is.

well he is a haunted, discarded bug shell

you
9th August 2006, 11:30 PM
nowadays he is one of my fav pokemon...he can be really useful if you play well and use a bit of prediction...

Manly Blissey
9th August 2006, 11:36 PM
He's not bad with a Focus Band.

pikachu146
10th August 2006, 6:57 AM

No,only when Sableye gets forsighted.

I only use it as a tool to catch Kyorge and Rayquaza(of course it needs protect),because it gets False Swipe. It isn't a good idea to use it in frontier battles,it easily gets killed by Sandstorm/hail ,etc.

emeraldsalamance
10th August 2006, 7:00 PM
well, i have a level 60 shedinja with shadow ball, silver wind, double team, screech and belive it or not he help me to win some frointer battles

PD. does focus band works on shedinja?