PDA

View Full Version : Latias I hate You

Lickitung
8th August 2006, 6:53 AM
Why are you so hard to freaking catch? I've been chasing it for the better part of an hour and even though one more hit and it's dead, I'm barely squeezing buy with one roll. I really want it to be the final edition to my new dragon team, but it's so damn hard to find. Whoever came up with the idea of chasing pokemon around needs to be shot. In the nads.

Comis Patronus
8th August 2006, 6:55 AM
Why don't you use the Master Ball then or a Pokemon to stop it from running?

Lickitung
8th August 2006, 6:58 AM
Gah, the Master Ball went to Rayquaza because he was being a total female dog and I didn't want to put up with it anymore. And I thought Latias could run away no matter what, I know I tried catching it with a Trapinch Arena Trap once. Didn't work.

Comis Patronus
8th August 2006, 7:02 AM
Course-arena trap doesn't work on Pokemon with Levitate. Try a Pokemon with Mean look(don't switch out-only works when it's battling and the one that used it) or any other move that stops it from escaping. Perhaps Wobuffet....

Zora
8th August 2006, 7:05 AM
Sableye is a great Mean Looker, but beware of Latias's speed. Umbreon is another great mean looker, but once again beware of the speed.

Desert Flower
8th August 2006, 7:06 AM
Umbreon. Use Mean Look then Baton Pass to whip out any other pokemon you want. Also you may want to try False Swipe, to get it down to 1 hp without worrying about KOing it.

I personally hate walking around aimlessly for hours with Repel and Umbreon in tow, so I just go about my business and whip out a Masterball should it happen to pop up. I have enough of them from previous games anyway.

Ultimate Ampharos
8th August 2006, 7:07 AM
I caught mine using a lv. 63 Golbat that knew mean look, just be sure to have plenty of ultra balls. I would also reccomend saving your game when you see you are on the same route as it.

Lickitung
8th August 2006, 7:11 AM
Well, I've run into it twice since starting this thread. It has a very vague pattern of movement. Mean Looking is way too far away, I have an all dragon team and my Sableye is hanging out in my FireRed file. So is the Crobat.

So, besides Master Ball, is there no other ball better than Ultra? Because it's doing nothing for me.

Desert Flower
8th August 2006, 7:28 AM
If there's no way of trapping it (Mean Look, Block, Spider Web), and you already used your Masterball, you could try using a fast pokemon to put it to sleep. I'm not sure what would be fast enough though. There's also confusion, but that's a long shot.

If you do manage to trap it, and you run out of Ultraballs, you could maybe try a Timerball. I don't know how well it'd work with a legendary though.

Lickitung
8th August 2006, 7:40 AM
AHAHAHA. I finally freaking caught it, and I was getting desperate enough to go trade my Wobby back. This shows how pure will can overcome any obstacle.

...except that dumb Raikou running around in FireRed. Damn.

mewsbuddy
8th August 2006, 4:09 PM
AHAHAHA. I finally freaking caught it, and I was getting desperate enough to go trade my Wobby back. This shows how pure will can overcome any obstacle.

...except that dumb Raikou running around in FireRed. Damn.

how is this pure you just said that you hated it

Judai Yuki
8th August 2006, 4:51 PM
Wobbuffet and Master Ball or something.

-Judai

Lickitung
8th August 2006, 5:12 PM
how is this pure you just said that you hated it
Do you not know what pure will is? It's trying for hours on end without stopping until the goal is met, even if one happens to hate the pokemon they are trying to catch. I did that.

I. Diddley
9th August 2006, 3:16 AM
persistence always works, it might take along time but it'll work.

PikaPikaPika
9th August 2006, 3:19 AM
meenlook or masterball but i use the masterball on it

trumpet_crobat
9th August 2006, 6:01 AM
i hate raikou it keeps running it ****ing getting on my nerves

Dratini927
9th August 2006, 10:53 AM
Alright, this thread is useless now since you caught Latias, so I'll close it. :p

*Closes*