PDA

View Full Version : effort values for deoxys

lou007
9th August 2006, 4:17 PM
hi i just joined your page and i think its great, in the game mechanics part, i saw something about deoxys, and in pokemon of the week, in ev corner, i read that you must maximize deoxys speed and atack, my question is how? cause i have a deoxys from birth island and its in level 30, it has pokerus and the macho brace, i want to train him with effort values but i cant, i dont know why, i want to know which is the best level to start training him, cause at level 30, 55 and 70 the ev didnt worked correct. deoxys grew up without the bonus from the evs, can you help me guys, im desperate :s :s :s :s

Kabuto
9th August 2006, 4:50 PM
Go to the Mart where they sell Proteins, HP Ups, etc. and buy the vitamins that add to speed and attack. Keep adding them until it says it won't have any effect.

Slim
9th August 2006, 8:11 PM
What makes you think you weren't gaining EVs? If you are fainting Pokemon, You are gaining Evs, unless it is already maxed out.

lou007
9th August 2006, 8:47 PM
What makes you think you weren't gaining EVs? If you are fainting Pokemon, You are gaining Evs, unless it is already maxed out.

of course he hasn`t reach the top, cause he was first at level 30 and i killed around 30 mankeys and then when he grew to level 31 the attack was just raised by 5, at level 55 and 70 the same thing happened, and at level 70 i can put the carbos and everything else, my question was because my mewtwo earned 53 and 48 to spatk and to speed when he was raised to level 71 and my deoxys is just earning the normal, so i want to know how to earn more points, at what levels or what should i do to make this happen.

Levski
9th August 2006, 8:58 PM
When you're Pokemon is a lower level, it gains levels with less EXP. Hence, you will kill less Mankeys per level, and you will have a lesser gain in EVs (and stats) for that level.
That explains Mewtwo (70 -> 71) and its monstrous gains.

lou007
9th August 2006, 9:04 PM
When you're Pokemon is a lower level, it gains levels with less EXP. Hence, you will kill less Mankeys per level, and you will have a lesser gain in EVs (and stats) for that level.
That explains Mewtwo (70 -> 71) and its monstrous gains.

so if i grow my deoxys to a level similar to my mewtwo`s level, and i kill lots of mankeys, will it gain as much as my mewto did¿?

Levski
9th August 2006, 9:12 PM
No, because you will probably have filled up your EVs by then.
Deoxys will gain roughly as much as Mewtwo, just over a few levels, not at once.

lou007
9th August 2006, 9:46 PM
No, because you will probably have filled up your EVs by then.
Deoxys will gain roughly as much as Mewtwo, just over a few levels, not at once.

so what can i do to maximize my deoxys attack stat¿? cause effort values are suppossed to work on him too dont they¿?

Somebody
9th August 2006, 9:53 PM
Just kill 63 Mankeys. Ev's work fine on Deoxys, the reason it only went up by 5 was that you were at a fairly low level.

lou007
9th August 2006, 10:40 PM
ok so i will kill them in level...¿? what level you think is the best to start training him¿?

Somebody
9th August 2006, 10:41 PM
ok so i will kill them in level...¿? what level you think is the best to start training him¿?
It doesn't matter. It will have the same result at level 100 if you EV trained it at level 30 than if you EV trained it at level 50.

lou007
9th August 2006, 11:49 PM
but effort values are suppossed to work inmediatly after you kill all those pokemon rigth? so the best option is to train him on a hig level to see the results¿?, ok thanks for everything i will do it once more. and i`ll let you know what happened. :)

lou007
9th August 2006, 11:54 PM
but effort values are suppossed to work inmediatly after you kill all those pokemon rigth? so the best option is to train him on a hig level to see the results¿?, ok thanks for everything i will do it once more. and i`ll let you know what happened. :)

gamefreak5034
10th August 2006, 1:52 AM
The same thing happened to me and i was so confused until i realized no matter what level you ev train it at, at lv 100 it will have the 63 point increase but until then it will have a gradual gain