PDA

View Full Version : Jolteon or Manectric

Dark Charizard
9th August 2006, 4:19 PM
I am wondering which is better, Jolteon or Manectric. I've used both and they are very similar, I basically use the same move set for either one, and it's kind of hard to tell which is better.

NintendoRox42
9th August 2006, 4:21 PM
I think Jolteon is much better, but Manectric is still cool.

Dragon trainer
9th August 2006, 4:32 PM
nah i say use manetrtic, jolteon is so over used!

skilo
9th August 2006, 4:37 PM
manetric, it was really useful in emerald.

EmbersBackUpSinger
9th August 2006, 4:39 PM
Jolteon. There speed is fast.

Plusle Frontier
Jolteon: Manectric:
Hp: 65 Hp: 70
Att: 65 Att: 75
Def: 60 Def: 60
Speed: 130 Speed: 105
Sp.att: 110 Sp.att: 105
Sp.def: 95 Sp.def: 60
Total: 525 Total: 475

Jolteon obviously

Solar Crimson
A Manectric with Bite, Thunder Wave, and Attract would be very useful. Especially if it's holding a King's Rock.

milotic111
9th August 2006, 4:45 PM
kings rock doesn't effect things like bite headbett and rockslide.
serene grace does. so dunsparce would be good with headbutt and rockslide (if it learns it) thunderwave and filler with quick-claw as item.

now on-topic. joteon is better cause
1. it's ability switch in electrike pokemon
2. it's stats.

in double battles however you can use a manectric with lightning rod and gyarados.
make it a thunderdances and you'l be fine

starterlover1
9th August 2006, 9:11 PM
I would go with Jolteon. It has quite high speed, and higher sp. atk.

Crystal Mewtwo
9th August 2006, 9:26 PM
I would go with Jolteon because its speed is high and has nice movepool.
I tried to use Manectric in the game but I didn't like it. Movepool nice but Defence low. It fainted a lot :/
Jolteon rules!

Jaster
9th August 2006, 9:48 PM
Jolteon is the best.

you
9th August 2006, 11:18 PM
meh i would probly go with jolteon...but manectric has its charms too..

Rai
10th August 2006, 2:37 AM
It really depends on there Abilty Jolteon has the thing where that if it hit with a electric type move its hp goes up.Manectric has the lighting rod so all electrical move goes to it. quite helpful in double battle if u have manetric and a water pokemon.So i would chose manetric

Somebody
10th August 2006, 2:41 AM
Jolteon, better ability, better stats, and Baton Pass. Also, Rukario'sGirlfriend, how exactly do Jolteon and Manectric have good movepools. They actually have pretty bad movepools.

Zora
10th August 2006, 3:01 AM
Jolteon, better ability, better stats, and Baton Pass. Also, Rukario'sGirlfriend, how exactly do Jolteon and Manectric have good movepools. They actually have pretty bad movepools.

Jolteon has a useable movepool. Not a great one (like Gengar's or Legendaries), but he has a useable movepool.

Jolteon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Manatric. Those small stat differences allow Jolteon to be two tiers up (one tier if you discount BL)

Shiny_Milotic
10th August 2006, 3:27 AM
Jolteon has a slightly better movepool ( He can learn wish ) Also, Jolteon has better stats, and a better ability, allowing him to switch into many different moves. Jolteon, by far, is better.

CharizardMaster
10th August 2006, 3:50 AM
I'd go with jolteon, its faster and stronger.

pikachu146
10th August 2006, 6:48 AM
Jolteon, better ability,better stats and baton pass.
It's 130 base speed lets it outrun a lot of things, and it's special attack is a little higher.
The only advantage of Manectic is, Manectric can learn Crunch.
Jolteon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Manatric

SneazzL.com
10th August 2006, 6:54 PM
I am wondering which is better, Jolteon or Manectric. I've used both and they are very similar, I basically use the same move set for either one, and it's kind of hard to tell which is better.
Use jolteon hes SpA and Spd are way better....
But, manectric is cooler so its your choice

BlackHeart
11th August 2006, 12:21 AM
In Firered,I used Jolteon before and at the Elite 4,and same with Manectric in Ruby. Jolteon's stats are better,but Manetric saved my skin more. I can't say but I prefer Manectric.

Cloud
11th August 2006, 12:25 AM
use jolteon its much better just a shame about his movepool.

Xemnas
11th August 2006, 1:08 AM
joltoens max hp is 334
manectrics is 344

jolteon has better special def, sp at, and speed tho

manetric has higher at and hp tho

in my opinoi i would go with jolteon

coolcobra77
11th August 2006, 1:09 AM
Manetric (Personal Favorite better then all my Electric types combined)

Moveset
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Bite
- Hidden power [Water] *I think it works with Rain Dance I'm not 100% sure though*

Xemnas
11th August 2006, 1:11 AM
Manetric (Personal Favorite better then all my Electric types combined)

Moveset
- Rain Dance
- Thunder
- Bite
- Hidden power [Water] *I think it works with Rain Dance I'm not 100% sure though*

hidden power water does get a boost sinc eitll count as a water type i think

Smear
11th August 2006, 2:27 AM
Use Jolteon, higher sp. atk and higher speed, better movepool.

Deathborn_606
11th August 2006, 1:52 PM
Yeah Jolteon beats Manectric in most ways and has a better movepool too.

mewfanforlife
11th August 2006, 3:18 PM
I'd use Jolteon because it has a better ability, and is stronger.

Gilgamesh
11th August 2006, 3:46 PM
Go with the one you think is cooler. They´re pretty much the same anyway. Personally I hate Manetric because it´s so damn fugly.

Phoenixsong
11th August 2006, 4:51 PM
Manectric has a better offensive movepool than Jolteon because of Crunch. In terms of overall variety, though, Jolteon is better.

People keep mentioning the base stats... those shouldn't matter to you worth crap unless you're talking about using this guy competitively. Then it depends on your strategy and battle style. IMO, Jolteon is better for single battle because a) you can swap it in to take Electric-type hits with Volt Absorb and b) because as long as you max out its Speed and SA, it'll go first just about every time and can easily knock out what you need it to without worrying about attacks from a second Pokemon. Manectric's higher HP and Lightningrod ability make it a better choice for double battles.

In game, though, the trainers are weak enough that base stats are not an issue at all (except maybe in the Battle Frontier or something), and Manectric can mow through everything just fine; Jolteon's higher stats are overkill as far as ingame is concerned. If you're just talking ingame then it really comes down to which one you like more, so just pick whoever you think is cooler. Jolteon is my second favorite Pokemon so naturally I'd say that, but it's your call.

Glitter Latias
12th August 2006, 11:19 AM
Manetric, jolton is overused

spareux
12th August 2006, 12:51 PM
I like manetric, it's just a shame. The guy has alright attacks, but like a lot of cool Pokemon he's been given a rubbish movepool.

Black Marauder
12th August 2006, 1:13 PM
Jolteon. But in Emerald, Manectric is a good electric after the second gym. Manectric sure helped me out.

~Flareon~
12th August 2006, 1:26 PM
I think Manectric is better.

yanma024
13th August 2006, 12:06 AM
Jolteon is better by more than 1000 (manectric has that hair style) and lightning rod os not as good as volt absorb.......

Prince_PJ
13th August 2006, 2:11 AM
Base stats, tiers, movepools, all that crap

Go for whichever one is more suited for your battles

Especially with their different abilities and such

If you're gonna be doing more double battles, pairing Manectric up with a water and/or flying Pokemon eliminates said water Pokemon's main weakness.

If you never do Double Battles (Dunno why you wouldn't) Jolteon's ability is better.

Then stats aren't so different, tiers are lol, and there ya go. My friend raised both Manectric and Jolteon, and I'd consider them both dangerous opponents (Admittedly, I have few ground Pokemon)