PDA

View Full Version : The next Yu-Gi-oh! set

cameronius
9th August 2006, 9:49 PM
Well, I found out from Janime (GONDORA found it out) that the next yugioh set after Cyber Dark Impact is the Strike of Neos. It will have Neo Spacians of course and it's supports. Also, it will have a series of cards that support and strengthen each other.

Cards known:
None of yet

Release date:
TBA (after CDIP)

You can post new info or your thoughts here.

EDIT: Here is the link: http://janime.eu/showthread.php?t=13399

Judai Yuki
9th August 2006, 10:04 PM
Link?Picture?

-Judai

cameronius
9th August 2006, 11:21 PM
They don't have pics yet (I haven't been there since), but here is the link:
http://janime.eu/showthread.php?t=13399

Aquadon
10th August 2006, 1:30 AM
This set looks interesting, mainly because of the new decktype that might emerge from this set. I really gope that it will be as competitive as they say it is, but odds are it'll be a GX archtype.

I do hope they release GX cards we don't have yet (Asuka cards, anyone?)

Haruka's Swimsuit
10th August 2006, 1:59 AM
I do hope they release GX cards we don't have yet (Asuka cards, anyone?)

Actually, I was kind of hoping for that in Cyber Dark Impact- what with all those Cyber Angels she has...

~Sirnight~
10th August 2006, 2:02 AM
This looks neat, Asuka's cards and by the name, the pack might have new cards to help out Cyber Dragn or maybe some Machine type(s). Personally, I hope that the E-Neos don't have as many paacks as the regular Heros did, I don't want this to get out of hand.

Mikau
10th August 2006, 10:39 AM
I didn't even know they were making a set called Cyber Dark Impact. Shows how much I know.

Judai Yuki
10th August 2006, 4:37 PM
Lol But wasn't CDIP just released?

-Judai

Mikau
10th August 2006, 4:52 PM
I don't think it's been released in America yet.

Aquadon
10th August 2006, 6:14 PM
Lol But wasn't CDIP just released?

-Judai

CDIP was just released in Japan. That's right about the time that Japan gets info of the set after it.

Expect to see Strike of Neos Stateside in FEBRUARY. In case you didn't know that's SIX WHOLE MONTHS from now. It'll be in Japan when we get CDIP.

cameronius
10th August 2006, 8:05 PM
Yeah, it'll take awhile yet, but since I like Neos cards, I'm gonna want to get the box now.

FireKero!
11th August 2006, 12:14 AM
I can wait the six months. So long as the Gadgets really do come in January (December, in Canada) and the Dino's are released in October/November. Not to mention Airman and The Ocean in the anniversary issue of SJ.

CDIP was such a disappoinment. Now, Strike of Neos is gonna be as bad. Don't get me wrong, I like the Neo Spacians. They're actually good fusions, but to much of them=trouble.

Hopefully, this set will add some power to CDIP and mabye with a few more D-Hero's and Aliens thrown into the mix.

Aquadon
11th August 2006, 7:10 PM
I can wait the six months. So long as the Gadgets really do come in January (December, in Canada) and the Dino's are released in October/November. Not to mention Airman and The Ocean in the anniversary issue of SJ.

CDIP was such a disappoinment. Now, Strike of Neos is gonna be as bad. Don't get me wrong, I like the Neo Spacians. They're actually good fusions, but to much of them=trouble.

Hopefully, this set will add some power to CDIP and mabye with a few more D-Hero's and Aliens thrown into the mix.

Wait, I missed something here. Airman and Ocean are CONFIRMED?!!

Like I said, the new archtype better be worth it.

FireKero!
13th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Wait, I missed something here. Airman and Ocean are CONFIRMED?!!

Like I said, the new archtype better be worth it.

When Kevin came back from Japan, he and I sat down (messaged) about Airman and The Ocean being released in SJ. Seeing how YGO:GX is going to begin it's run in the anniversary issue of SJ, it's most logical to release the Ocean and Airman at once. Mabye one to subnscribed readers and one to the newsstands.

But he couldn't give to much away. He just apoligized about the Victory Dragon mishap, and said to "see more surprises for the remainder of 2006 and the whole of 2007". :D

Just gotta luv that guy.

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd August 2006, 2:45 PM
Anyway, cards I hope will be in Strike of Neos:

Glow Moss
Groun Mole
Air Hummingbird
Glow NEOS
Groun NEOS
Air NEOS
Card Blocker
Magic Striker
Armor Breaker
Hero Call
Soul Union
Neos Energy
Skyscraper II- Hero City
Neos Force
Hero Dice
D-Hero Divineguy
D-Hero Darkangel
Destiny Draw
Over Destiny

Torkoal Stu
22nd August 2006, 2:51 PM
Hero Medal might be in it, i'm kind of hoping for that.

And I would think they would release the other Neos in this set if not that makes so little sense.

The Requiem
22nd August 2006, 5:10 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like the Neo Spacians. They're actually good fusions

None of the neos fusions are worth half a damn. The only Neo Spacian worth playing is the Black Panther, and even then....BLAH.

They havent topped the XYZ folk yet. Best fusion method ever.

Anyway, I'm expecting this set to be more of the Neo Spacian garbage, and more garbage to fill the rest of the space. I'll be happy if the set isnt QUITE as dissapointing as CDIP.

Aquadon
22nd August 2006, 7:16 PM
When Kevin came back from Japan, he and I sat down (messaged) about Airman and The Ocean being released in SJ. Seeing how YGO:GX is going to begin it's run in the anniversary issue of SJ, it's most logical to release the Ocean and Airman at once. Mabye one to subnscribed readers and one to the newsstands.

But he couldn't give to much away. He just apoligized about the Victory Dragon mishap, and said to "see more surprises for the remainder of 2006 and the whole of 2007". :D

Just gotta luv that guy.

WTF?! I'm subscribing ASAP then. I LOVE those Heroes!!

Requiem: Overload Fusion, Miracle Fusion, and Dragon's Mirror. Best Way to fuse. gg.

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd August 2006, 2:18 AM
Hmm...but I'm pretty sure the issue that starts GX's run comes with Magician's Valkiria...

And Requiem, Neo Spacians Rule! Wait till you get Glow Moss and Glow Neos, FTW

(some people here should get it....)

Mikau
23rd August 2006, 11:41 AM
What dooes Glow Moss do? I really do want these Neo Spacians. They look really cool. I'm trying to get the ones out right now.

Aquadon
23rd August 2006, 5:14 PM
Hmm...but I'm pretty sure the issue that starts GX's run comes with Magician's Valkiria...

And Requiem, Neo Spacians Rule! Wait till you get Glow Moss and Glow Neos, FTW

(some people here should get it....)

No, that's 2 months before GX comes out.

Mikau:

N*Spacian Glow Moss
When this card is in battle, verify the top card of your opponent's deck and according to that card, activate one of the following effects. Your opponent can draw 1 card from their deck, but when your opponent doesn't draw that card, place 2 cards from your own deck into the Cemetery.

* If it is a Magic card, you can attack your opponent directly.
* If it is a Monster card, this card's battle is ended.
* If it is a Trap card, this card is switched to defense mode.

Glow Neos

[E-Hero Neos] + [N-Glow Moss]

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by returning the above cards on your side of the field to your Deck; then you can Special Summon this card from your Fusion Deck (You do not use [Polymerization]). Return this card to your Fusion Deck during the End Phase. Once per turn, destroy 1 face-up card on your opponent's side of the field, according to that card's type, you obtain 1 of the following effects:

* Spell Card: You can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.
* Monster Card: This card cannot battle during this turn.
* Trap Card: This card switches to Defense Position.

Pwnage.

The Requiem
23rd August 2006, 5:32 PM
Pwnage? Okay I'd like to see you pwnage happening with a monster that involves Neos...I havent seen a Neos fusion worth that lv7 nonsense yet.

I also doubt I will.

Neo Spacians are like E Heroes. D Heroes too. Garbage. Waste of ink.

Aquadon
23rd August 2006, 6:49 PM
Pwnage? Okay I'd like to see you pwnage happening with a monster that involves Neos...I havent seen a Neos fusion worth that lv7 nonsense yet.

I also doubt I will.

Neo Spacians are like E Heroes. D Heroes too. Garbage. Waste of ink.

E-Heroes deserve a second chance. If you make a decent E-Hero deck, they're pretty good. D-Heroes are "meh", but I do hate Neo Spacians. Glow Neos though is the coolest Neos Fusion IMO.

The Requiem
23rd August 2006, 7:44 PM
E-Heroes are decent at best. I've played them before, all you do is burn out your advantage on monsters that dont last more than a turn or two. Not to mention you dont wanna top ANY of them. Period.

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th August 2006, 1:26 AM
I've actually heard the D-Heroes are pretty good, some say better then the E-Heroes.

And Neo Spacians hopefully will get more support in this set...

Raito
24th August 2006, 1:44 AM
They can work if done right.

Spacians are supposed to get support from what I heard

Korobooshi Kojiro
24th August 2006, 1:52 AM
Well, they are definately getting the other 3 Neo Spacians and respective fusions.

I was thinking...maybe the new playable family are Jewel Monsters?

Mikau
24th August 2006, 1:22 PM
I think the Neo Spacians are cool. They will probably be played in a few decks here and there once they all are released.

Aquadon
24th August 2006, 6:54 PM
E-Heroes are decent at best. I've played them before, all you do is burn out your advantage on monsters that dont last more than a turn or two. Not to mention you dont wanna top ANY of them. Period.

I'll give you Decent. And topping Bladedge while necroshade is in the GY (E+Card Destruction does that)=godly :D

We will get the 3 Neos fusions, but what will be the 4th Ultra? That's the million dollar question.

The Requiem
25th August 2006, 5:32 AM
You HAVE to admit that thats situational...

Aquadon
25th August 2006, 5:01 PM
You HAVE to admit that thats situational...

Not as situaltional as you would think...

But yeah, somewhat situational.

Korobooshi Kojiro
25th August 2006, 7:11 PM
The Bladege/Necro Shade combo? (which now can be the NEOS/Necro Shade Combo as well) situational?

I use that all the time, usually in conjuction with cards reuqiring a discarding. I love that move.

cameronius
26th August 2006, 12:28 AM
That is a good guess, Kojiro. The jewel monsters that will now appear in season 3 could be it. But, I really don't see it happening.

BTW, E-Heroes are good cards to use, as long as you have a halfway decent backup plan.

FireKero!
26th August 2006, 4:09 AM
The thing about E-Heroes is, is that it's hard to base a deck around all their fusions. Make a deck around Avain's fusions, and it'll work out. Make a deck around Wildhearts fusions, and it'll work out. Sparkman's fusions, and it'll work out. However, thrusting all Heroes into a deck and hoping to pull off even a single fusion during the duel isn't a great idea.

That's why I'm hoping for Strike of Neos to release the rest of the Neos fusions and get back to having good sets. CDIP introduced several new deck types, but none of them are teir one or two. (With the exception of Dark Lucius, which is 1.5)

Bu what I really don't get is, Konami is releasing three new DP sets, with a new Jaden pack being one of them. Yet they dedicate a whole set of 60 cards to Neos? WTF? A reprinted rare version of each Neo Spacian with Super versions of their fusions with several new cards isn't going to make this set sell. It'll have it's following, but nothing too big as to make an indent on YGO sales for the last quarter.

Let's hope that Strike of Neos splits around 20 cards for four different deck types. Aliens, Neo Spacians, Destiny Heroes, and some other Alien-related deck-type. Really, let's just finish off with these types and introduce some more as we move on.

Aquadon
26th August 2006, 3:43 PM
The thing about E-Heroes is, is that it's hard to base a deck around all their fusions. Make a deck around Avain's fusions, and it'll work out. Make a deck around Wildhearts fusions, and it'll work out. Sparkman's fusions, and it'll work out. However, thrusting all Heroes into a deck and hoping to pull off even a single fusion during the duel isn't a great idea.

That's why I'm hoping for Strike of Neos to release the rest of the Neos fusions and get back to having good sets. CDIP introduced several new deck types, but none of them are teir one or two. (With the exception of Dark Lucius, which is 1.5)

Bu what I really don't get is, Konami is releasing three new DP sets, with a new Jaden pack being one of them. Yet they dedicate a whole set of 60 cards to Neos? WTF? A reprinted rare version of each Neo Spacian with Super versions of their fusions with several new cards isn't going to make this set sell. It'll have it's following, but nothing too big as to make an indent on YGO sales for the last quarter.

Let's hope that Strike of Neos splits around 20 cards for four different deck types. Aliens, Neo Spacians, Destiny Heroes, and some other Alien-related deck-type. Really, let's just finish off with these types and introduce some more as we move on.

You really think that Konami will make the new Neos cards in the new pack? I guess it's possible, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Then again, they made VWXYZ Rare after it came out holo in EEN, so anything's possible.

Korobooshi Kojiro
26th August 2006, 10:54 PM
The new Judai pack doesn't have new Neos iirc.

It only has one new monster, and that's Card Gunner.

The_Darkness_Incarnate
26th August 2006, 11:58 PM
No, that's 2 months before GX comes out.

Mikau:

N*Spacian Glow Moss
When this card is in battle, verify the top card of your opponent's deck and according to that card, activate one of the following effects. Your opponent can draw 1 card from their deck, but when your opponent doesn't draw that card, place 2 cards from your own deck into the Cemetery.

* If it is a Magic card, you can attack your opponent directly.
* If it is a Monster card, this card's battle is ended.
* If it is a Trap card, this card is switched to defense mode.

Glow Neos

[E-Hero Neos] + [N-Glow Moss]

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by returning the above cards on your side of the field to your Deck; then you can Special Summon this card from your Fusion Deck (You do not use [Polymerization]). Return this card to your Fusion Deck during the End Phase. Once per turn, destroy 1 face-up card on your opponent's side of the field, according to that card's type, you obtain 1 of the following effects:

* Spell Card: You can attack your opponent's Life Points directly.
* Monster Card: This card cannot battle during this turn.
* Trap Card: This card switches to Defense Position.

Pwnage.

How is that pwnage? It's screwed unless you reveal/destroy a magic card, the second one lasts ONE TURN, while sending back something like the upside of three cards back to your deck, making it like a Raigeki Break someone crapped on. Knowing that Raigeki Break is already crap(sort of). Unless both of them have demi-godly stats...

The first one also seems like a Bistro Butcher. WTF would you want to give your opponent a card every time you attack, when you're not even sure that the attack is going to DO anything, as 50% of many people's decks are monsters?

I'm not exactly "savvy" anymore, but they both look COMPLETELY suboptimal. I personally fail to see the "pwnage".

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th August 2006, 1:26 AM
Glow Moss only has 300 attack .....

But Glow Neos has 2500 attack.

Erus Black Mage
27th August 2006, 5:18 AM
Predictions:

Cyber Dark Dragons

More Neos

Cyber angels

The society of light cards (like white viel)

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th August 2006, 3:42 PM
Why Cyber Dark Dragons? They already released all of them iirc and their isn't a Hell Kaiser duel in the anime anytime soon.

Erus Black Mage
27th August 2006, 6:08 PM
I thought they weren't released yet.

Judai Yuki
27th August 2006, 6:16 PM
It's released in Japan already and it sucks.

-Judai

Korobooshi Kojiro
27th August 2006, 7:57 PM
Yeah, they were the main cards in Cyber Dark Impact, coming to America in December.

Of course, it is highly likely more Cyber Darks will be made, but probably not in SON.

FireKero!
28th August 2006, 8:02 PM
Well Aquadon, it's quite possible. Look at the Hero fusions in Judai DP1. Rampart Blaster, Thunder Giant, Flame Wingman where all reduced rarity. And don't forget Bubbleman, Winged Koriboh and Kuriboh LV10. The DP packs are great for character decks and arch-type decks. It get's you the essentials quickly and surely, but it doesn't cater to the whole dueling/collecting community. Just the select few.

My predictions for the coming JDP2 are:

Ultra Rare-
Panther Neos
~Something new~

Super Rare-
Flare Neos
Aqua Dolphin
~Something new~
~Something new~

Rare-
Aqua Dolphin
Black Panther
Flare Scarab
Wildedge
Tempester
~something new~
~something new~

Common-
Sparkman
Bubbleman
Avian
Wildheart
Necro Shade
Dandelion
Neos
Common Soul
Neo Space
Bladedge
Polymerization
Miracle Fusion
Fusion Sage
Winged Kuriboh
Fusion GateFusion Recovery
De-Fusion

Torkoal Stu
28th August 2006, 8:12 PM
The current new ones comfirmed for JDP2 are: Burial from another Dimension, Light Eraser, Edge Hammer and Card Gunner, there are going to be 5 new ones, so one left.

cameronius
2nd September 2006, 1:45 AM
Good. I was waiting for Card Gunner and Light Eraser.

Erus Black Mage
2nd September 2006, 1:54 AM
The current new ones comfirmed for JDP2 are: Burial from another Dimension, Light Eraser, Edge Hammer and Card Gunner, there are going to be 5 new ones, so one left.

The last one may be Soul Union or one of the manga e-heros

Korobooshi Kojiro
22nd September 2006, 9:20 PM
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f31/shriek6/Strike%20of%20Neos/air_neos.jpg

Cover Art...Air NEOS is on it.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
22nd September 2006, 11:52 PM
It will need a lot of support for those bad cards to be good in any way shape or form

FireKero!
23rd September 2006, 7:24 AM
Current confirmed cards:

Devil King of Dark Realm - Rain
Dark/Demon/7/2500/1800
When this card is discard into Graveyard from hand by effect of opponent's card, special summon this card to the field. When this card is successfully special summon, destroy all monster or Magic/Trap cards on opponent's field.
Ultra/Ultimate Rare

Assassin of Dark Realm - Kaki
Dark/Demon/2/300/500
When this card is discard into Graveyard from hand by effect of other card, destroy a monster on the field.

Tactician of Dark Realm - Green
Dark/Demon/2/300/500
When this card is discard into Graveyard from hand by effect of other card, destroy a Magic/Trap card on the field.

Neospacians Air Hummingbird
Wind/Bird/3/800/600
Increase your life by 500 for each card in opponent's hand. This effect can only be use once per turn.

Neospacians Ground Mole
Earth/Rock/3/900/300
When this card battles with an opponent's monster, return this card and that opponent's monster to respective owner's hand without doing Damage Calculation.
Rare

Neospacians Glow Moss
Light/Plant/3/300/900
When this card battles opponent draw a card. Both players confirm the card draw by this effect, and this card gains the following effect depends on that card's type.
- Monster card: End this turn's Battle Phase
- Magic card: This card can attack opponent directly
- Trap card: Put this card to defense mode

Potential tier one decks FTW?

Judai Yuki
23rd September 2006, 7:27 AM
Card Gunner? Is that that stupid Meta Clayman fusion?

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
23rd September 2006, 9:07 AM
No.

Card Gunner is Card Gunner.

The robot looking thing used against the Ra guy in 85 and Asuka in 94.

Well sort of Robot looking thing.

Alakazam says Cena Sucks
23rd September 2006, 5:16 PM
those Dark Realm cards are kinda looking a bit sexy

FireKero!
23rd September 2006, 6:50 PM
Ya, I nkow man. I just can't wait to see what other Dark Realm cards are in this set.

Korobooshi Kojiro
23rd September 2006, 7:28 PM
Groun Mole is awesome...yes.