PDA

View Full Version : MTG COTD: Juniper Order Ranger

The_Darkness_Incarnate
10th August 2006, 3:42 AM
http://www.mtgfanatic.com/images/Magic/Coldsnap/Juniper_Order_Ranger.jpg

Casting Cost: 3GW

Card Type Creature: Human Knight

Card Text: Whenever another creature comes into play under your control, put a +1/+1 counter on that creature and a +1/+1 counter on Juniper Order
Ranger.

Power/Toughness: 2/4

Right, so... Since noone's done it yet today(I think), I'll do the COTD.

Personally, I like this card. Especially since we have Selesnya right now. You get a permanent +1/+1 to every creature to every creature you get out after you play this card, and as it beefs up other creatures, it get +1/+1 counters itself. All my experiences with this card have been positive. Once this card gets out, you can pump it up to 6+/8+ in no time at all. Even faster if your playing Selesnya with a good set-up. Sure it's easily destroyed, but a Sheilding Plax can cure that quite easily, right? :P

Massive(number) 2/2 saproling tokens, anyone?

4/5

klducks
12th August 2006, 3:27 AM
What i really dont like about this is that it's a turn 5 drop. IMO it's a bit late to really abuse. It's still nice for casual players, vitu ghazi feeding off 2/2s.

I really wish this was mono green though, turn 5 this dude. Turn 6 beacon for 6. Then Overrun FTW with 6 5/5s and 11/13 tramplers. but thats just for fun. as i said, it is a bit late.

You can turn 4 beacon, turn 5 overrun if you have a few extra creatures before you played the beacon (which is most likely) I mean, you have turn 2 and 3 to play troll ascetic, sakura tribe elder, and silhana ledgewalker and llanowar elves (speaking specifics *points at banner*) and swing 20 damage+

like i said, it is still fun for casual players.

3.5/5

Felix Feral Fezirix
12th August 2006, 6:48 AM
This is fun. Plonk this and spam tokens and poof. 5 mana isn't a lot anyway, and 5 turns usually doesn't have you dead against a majority of decks (Not everyone walks down the street with a Direct Damage deck). Plonk and have fun a-spammin'....

4/5.

skiboydoggy
12th August 2006, 2:51 PM
Erm... Arcbound Crusher pwns this card! Actually, no, but there is a glaring similarity. Well, there are only two things wrong with this card: Cost and Colour.
So... Yeah.

Pure
23rd August 2006, 4:35 AM
This works well with any decent Selesnya deck, in harmony with Vitu-Ghazi and other saproling-based cards. The color is perfect, I don't see what's wrong with it. It's a great addition that would have been useful in the tournaments I played a few months ago. A great booster card.

4/5.