PDA

View Full Version : Possession - Oneshot

katiekitten
11th August 2006, 6:58 AM
My second attempt at horror, this time focussing more on the scary side of it, I hope. There are some bits of it I am not too happy with, such as the darkness's speech, the repition of chuckled and laughed, (I couldn't help it. The character was the sort that did that. XD) but ah well.

XD Yes, I was writing something when I was away. And no, no Phoenix update. XD

Yes, this is written in a mountain of return keys. I was trying to freak you all out with the 'backwards and forwards' thing. Not to sure if I succeeded. XD

Feeble murmurings split the silence; the shadow that rocked rhythmically on his heels whimpering in a troubled sleep.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

Moonlight glanced through the barred window, its passage only disturbed by the huddled form as he continued his unheeded cries for help. For who listened to the ramblings of a mad man?

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The man twitched, his moans increasing in volume as his sightless eyes flicked open, locking his bloodshot gaze on the far wall of his cell. He was trapped, running, forever running in the confines of his own mind, blindly following twisting corridors that never ended, throwing himself against the many locked doors that lined those cracked halls. He couldn't stop, not now, not ever. He had to run, flee from the darkness that rolled behind him in a wave of despair.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

His fingers clenched upon a piece of paper that lay tattered in his hand, the scrawled note the only thing that spurred him on. The knowledge that he was wanted, missed, loved, giving strength to his tired limbs.

You’ll never escape.

He trembled at the sound of the darkness’s voice, its mocking tones cutting through his last shreds of confidence. He shuddered and stumbled; sweat glistening on his exhausted brow as he pushed on, desperate to outrun the approaching darkness.

The darkness laughed.

See? Already you are tiring. Soon you will fall, your will crumble, and I will have you.

He shook his head violently, not daring to look back. He could feel its presence dogging his footsteps, drawing steadily nearer despite his refusal. His heart twinged in fear. He wasn’t going to make it.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

His feet faltered, his defeated steps betraying his weakness. He cast his eyes around desperately as the darkness chuckled, reaching out with vine like fingers outstretched. The man’s already heavy breathing quickened.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

Hope fluttered briefly as his gaze alighted on a nearby door, the cracked, shrivelled barrier the only thing that lay between him and freedom. Gathering his strength he lunged at it, scrambling for the handle as a thick, black liquid oozed around his ankles. He was running out of time. His resolve weakened as a heavy cloud of exhaustion swamped his senses, clouding his thoughts and pushing him into quiet darkness. He shook his head to clear it, blinking tears away as he fought the urge to break down.

Give up… The darkness whispered. You have already lost; this resistance is useless, and quite pathetic.

He ignored it, wrapping trembling fingers around the door handle. Taking a deep, shaking breath, he gripped the knob with both hands and turned.

The door didn’t budge. He wailed in terror as he tried again and again, but he knew it was no use. The darkness chuckled, the black liquid now reaching his knees.

His control slipped and he began to sob uncontrollably, attacking the door with what little strength he had left. “Open up!” He screamed, his corporal form whispering the words with a voice cracked from screaming. “Please help me!”

The darkness was now up to his waist, its slick, oily surface numbing what half of him it had swallowed.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The darkness’s laugh echoed in his ears as tears flooded down his dirty cheeks, dampening his ragged, un-kept beard that had grown since he’d been committed. He clawed at the door, trying to do something, anything, to help his escape. Splinters dug into his tender skin, his yellowed nails chipping and cracking, leaving blood streaks on the unmarked wooden surface. He ignored it, continuing his desperate attack.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The darkness reached his chest, gripping his arms and slowing his frantic struggles. It dragged him away from the door as he arched his back, attempting to keep his head above the waves that rolled ruthlessly towards him. The darkness consumed his shoulders, causing his arms to fall uselessly into the nightmare liquid.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

A clicking sound caught his attention, attracting his tortured gaze. The door! It was opening! A surge of hope flooded through him, sending the liquid shadows shrinking back. He pulled his arms free, eyes bright as he turned expectantly to the door. It slowly began to creak open.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

A strange, red-purple light filtered out and pooled on the concrete floor. It flickered not unlike a fire, clawing out over the threshhold as the door fell into the room beyond.

Silence.

The man stumbled back, eyes fixed on what stood within the open doorway as the darkness began to chuckle once more. His stomach churned, bile rising in his throat as he was accosted by a wave of fear. This was it, then. The monster that had hounded him for so very long. His strength left him and he fell to his knees, sobbing once more.

No escape.

The darkness’s chuckle boomed into laughter as its true form stepped over the threshold, turning towards the helpless human. It was a ghoul-like being, wreathed in shadows that spun around it in a frenzied dance, twirling around the fire that blazed in its pitch-black eyes. Its fat, rotund, purple body flickered as it reached a three-fingered claw in its victim's direction.

Hello Charles.

It smiled.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

The creature slowly stepped forwards, tongues of fire licking up from its body and covering the outstretched hand in violet flames. The liquid replied to its silent command, winding around the captive and dragging him closer.

The man’s screams turned into choked whimpers as the black liquid poured into his nose and mouth, smothering him. The entity’s laughter faded into a chuckle again as it took a delicate step forward, lowering itself until it was level with the dying prisoner. The man’s eyes rolled as he fought to breathe, briefly meeting those gloating pits. The creature smiled.

Oh, you foolish mortals. Oblivious to the world around you, so wrapped up in your pathetic lives that you fail to notice the numerous signs that point to our return. The world is changing, the scale of power steadily tipping in the other direction. Soon the dream you have built around yourselves will collapse, the harsh truth of reality shatter your false hopes, and a new age will begin.

Backwards and forwards.

Backwards and forwards.

Banished we were, thrown out for your ‘brighter future’, a future without the living shadows that prowled your dreams. A stupid move, for it was then that you sealed your fate. Too long have we lurked in the memories of times past, reduced to mere husks of what we once were.

Our revenge will be sweet.

It grinned savagely.

Everything is in place; everything, I say, except one, final piece. A crucial element that will enable us to destroy this world.

Its grin widened impossibly as it locked eyes with the swiftly fading man.

You.

The demon’s cackling laughter rang in the man’s ears as he was drawn towards the open doorway and tossed inside, the door slamming shut behind him. He struggled weakly, trying once more to prolong the inevitable before succumbing to the darkness.

Stop.

The man’s rocking ended abruptly as his eyes snapped shut, his murmuring subsiding. The moonlight returned to falling peacefully on the cold stone floor, indifferent to the change that had befallen its companion.

Silence.

Slowly the man stirred, gasping for breath as he opened his eyes. They were gone, swallowed by a darkness that seemed to penetrate a person’s very soul. He blinked hesitantly, re-affirming himself with the feel and needs of a human body. A shiver of excitement ran down his spine. He had forgotten the thrill he experienced while possessing another, especially one as arrogant as a human. Carefully he raised a hand and examined it, a smile tweaking up the corners of his lips. This was going to be fun.

He raised a finger experimently, twirling it around while calling through his mind to the darkness around him. The shadows that lurked in the corners answered his summons, weaving around him like puppies greeting their long lost owner. He smiled.

“Hello world.”

Ok, explanation time! XD

First off, the demon is a gengar. Which is why it is here. XD I read/heard somewhere that gengars could possess people, or something like that... If not, ah well. I wrote it with him in mind. XD As the title implies, this whole thing was about how this guy was possessed by the 'demon' (Gengar) and him trying to fight it. He failed. XD He didn't die, but he is trapped in a part of his mind, unable to do, see, feel, taste, hear anything. He was put in the mental asylum after the gengar first attacked him, and he started talking about voices in his head. XD I would have put that information in it, but there wasn't really any room... I am really not happy with this, and will most probably keep on editing it. I just wanted to put it up now, after several read throughs and a mostly finished beta read by Ej.

=D I hope you enjoyed it!

Literate
11th August 2006, 7:17 AM
Pwhee-ish. Hello. =3

Just to say this, when you said horror, I went : o.O. (It's not good reading horror at night before you'd go to sleep) And almost didn't want to read. xD But I looked at the length, then I'm "why not?"

Cool. It was kind of confusing at first since one side of me was reading the italics, the other side was reading the main parts, but you really caught into writing someone who was having a nightmare.

While it was fun to read, I really can't piece anything together. >> Either that the Gengar was haunting his dreams to scare others, or haunting him to...er, scare himself. That was fun. =3

I just wanted to put it up now, after several read throughs and a mostly finished beta read by Ej.
...xD Just went over it and saw some...things... Just spacing error. But I'm just nitpicky like that. :x... xD

You have already lost; this resistance is useless, and quite pathetic.
That line was fun. ^o^ Very fun to read. The "quite pathetic part is the section I like the best. Maybe i just like sadistic people, maybe not.

“Hello, world.”

Pwheeish. Very fun. ^_^ I enjoyed this immensely. Good work; it's not bad. Very good. Better than anything I could do anyways. ^_^ (I had to find something to do online)

~Literate

Bay
11th August 2006, 7:22 AM
Hello katiekitten! XD

This seems to be a very good idea for a horror one shot. Yeah, those dang Gengars! XD

The description here is pretty good for a one shot. Darkness and poessions! (Okay, at first I was wondering why this fic is in the Pokemon Fanfic section until you explianed it's a Gengar. I think that's the only descripition you can work on. Maybe put some purple here and there, unless I missed something there XD).

Also, I think you used the "Backwards and Forwards" a little bit too much. At first it was scary, but after that it became a little repetitive. Maybe you should only use it in the most scariest scenes here.

Well, sorry this is not a great review. Right now it's almost midnight. XD Again, this is pretty good, though it could be a little bit better.

;134;~Good night, and good luck~

Kiyohime
11th August 2006, 7:28 AM
NO NO NO NO I LOVE THE BACKWARDS AND FORWARDS! *hugs them all protectively*

I am an repetition-wh0re. I love repetition. Especially of such a creepy phrase. HORROR IS GOOD. GENGARS ARE GOOD. POSSESSED BLACK EYES ARE GOOD. SCRAP LIKES. O_O

Do you by any chance watch a show called Supernatural? The way it's described, it reminds me a lot of that. xD

Hahahabvc87
11th August 2006, 1:19 PM
O.O"
You know, I had an almost exact dream not too long ago, and the next morning my roommates told me that they heard loud screams and hard banging on the walls from my room, and were so scared that they just hid in their beds...

...Am I that scary? :3

Well, I thought the man was stuck in a devilish nightmare at first, but when he suddenly woke up with a different personality I realised that this whole thing was a possession! "Backwards and forwards" was REALLY overused (34 of them!), and after reading that about 5 times I just skipped all the others! Perhaps you should space them out a little more, still keeping them in couples though for that dramatic effect!

Plot speculation:

Banished we were, thrown out for your ‘brighter future’, a future without the living shadows that prowled your dreams. A stupid move, for it was then that you sealed your fate. Too long have we lurked in the memories of times past, reduced to mere husks of what we once were.

Do you mean that the Gengars were banished away from the real world into the world of dreams, and needed to possess someone in order to be able to do something in the real world again?

Grammar check!

It’s fat, rotund body flickered in the dim light that emanated from itself as it reached a three-fingered claw in its victims direction.

Gotcha! "It's" means "it is", not to be confused with "its". :)

I just wanted to put it up now, after several read throughs and a mostly finished beta read by Ej.

You might want to go through it again to touch up on some more details; I wasn't scared of the story at all! :p It WAS dramatical though!

Hope to read more from you soon!

Ejunknown
11th August 2006, 3:34 PM

>.> XD I /nearly/ finished, got about 3/4's of the way through. XD I will finish it later. >.> XD <3

Zephyr Soul
11th August 2006, 3:44 PM
XD Yay for rocking back and forth endlessly. I can just picture someone doing that...

ANYWAY. I think you should describe the 'demon' more so that it's more pointing towards being a Gangar. Other than that, I really, really like it. XD When he came out, I was like "GRIM REAPER!" cause that scene seemed just perfect for that. XD Big thing in dark clothing and a hood with a huge scythe rules...

Maybe you could have the Gengar wield a scythe? :P Ya know, just for show. XD

SnoringFrog
12th August 2006, 5:59 AM
Nice, I liked it. Figured it was a Gengar, that's the only pokemon I could think of that would be able to do what was being depicted. Again, nice job, now I'm getting the urge to write something horror related.

katiekitten
12th August 2006, 6:55 AM
O.o So many reviews! *claps hands excitedly* XD

Thank you all for reviewing! =D

Literate: Yay! It was nightmareish! XD That's something, at least. Yeah, it is all a bit confusing. The bottom line is, a while ago ghost pokemon were banished from the pokemon world, one way or the other. (It's set in the future. XD) And now they are going to come back. They have everything ready, except they are not capable of emerging on earth in their real forms. Not yet. They can lurk on the edges of nightmares, but that is about it. But the people who banished them left a huge loophole. By letting them get into dreams, they can tempt the dreamers. And eventually possess them. Which is what has happened here. Now the gengar will be able to use his power through Charles. XD

Bay: XD I'm glad you enjoyed it! Ill see what I can do about those backwards and forwards...

Scrap: XD I do watch Supernatural. It's a delightfully scary show. XD I didn't notice the simularity until now... That is probably where the idea came from. XD I'm glad you liked it! I like repetitiveness too, so I'll keep most of them in. Just trim them down a little. =D *hugs*

Haha: Ahh! Error! *rushes to fix* XD

34? O.o That's a lot... *goes to edit*

Ej: You'll get there eventually. :P XD

Zeph: XD Maybe another time... I love grim reapers. :3

Frog: I'm glad you liked it and guessed what it was! Hurray! XD *hugs* =D

Yess... Write horror. :3 Horror = Good... XD

Just to let you all know, I have edited it quite a bit. Hopefully a little scarier, probably more dramatic, and less Back and forths. XD I might put some more back in, though... I have the old version too, incase this one is rubbish. Added a little more description as well. =D

Thanks again! =D

Hahahabvc87
12th August 2006, 7:15 AM
This edited version does seem a little better compared to the last one, since it explains more after the man opened the door. I suggest you keep it for now. :)

2nd grammar check!

Soon you will fall, your will crumble, and I will have you.
...That was fine in the first version, wasn't it? O.o

Hope fluttered briefly as his gaze alighted on a near by door, the cracked, shrivelled barrier the only thing that lay between him and freedom.
I'm not sure about this, but where I come from, it's joined together, i.e. "nearby".

It slowly creeked open, allowing a strange, red-purple light to filter out and pool on the concrete floor.
That should be "creaked". "Creek" means "a small stream"

Its fat, rotund, purple body flickered as it reached a three-fingered claw in its victims direction.
Same sentence, different error! "Victim's" is what you are looking for this time! :p

Its grin widened impossiply as it locked eyes with the swiftly fading man.
Do you mean "impossibly"?

XD Look's like you're in for another edit!

Frost Nova
12th August 2006, 9:15 AM
Yay, it's katiekitten!

I've remember reading 'Phoenix' a long time ago, and some of your other oneshot fics, but this has proven to be a real treat. You've definitely come a long way from 'Phoenix', and you've certainly have a talent for writing horror fics. Kudos to you for using Gengar. Possession steals the show. :D

Just a few typos I noticed in the fic:

Slowly the man stirred, gasping for breath as he opened his eyes.

and in the same paragraph,

This was going to be fun.

I loved the way you created tension for this story by using the 'backwards, forwards'. And this,

The shadows that lurked in the corners answered his summons, weaving around him like puppies greeting their long lost owner.

was frickin' awesome. The winner of the show.

katiekitten
13th August 2006, 5:49 AM
Thanks Haha! =D I'm glad it is better now. Still mistakes? >.< I guess that is what I get for editing without a spell-checker. XD

The will thing... I meant his will, as in his inner strength. Why did there have to be two meanings of Will? XD

Impossiply... *hits head rythmically on counter* XD I was tired, and, for some reason, that was how I thought it was spelt for a second there... XDDD

Thanks again! *goes and fixes up errors* =D

Thanks Nova! =D

You read the old phoenix? =D I didn't know that... Yay! People read my stories! XD

Theamount of feedback for thisone has surprised me... O.O I didn't expect so many replies for my crud attempt at horror. XD

XD Thanks for pointing out those typos! They always slip through... Ej won't leave me alone about 'slowly man woke up' now. *hides from catcalls* XD

You liked that line? =D I wasn't too certain about it, I thought that perhaps the word 'puppies' was a little silly in a horror fic. XD I'm glad it worked! =D

...I am seriously considering continuing this, actually. Although it would add to the long list of stories to finish. XD I have only finished one in the two years I have been writing fanfiction... *shot* XD And that was my rubbish first attempt, which I will not tell you the name of or how to find it. :p XD Let's see now... There is Phoenix, C.H.A.O.S, Waters Deep, (which needs to be rewritten when I get around to it...) and a couple oneshots I had nice ideas for. So we'll have to see... XD

Funny quote of the week...

My brother: Ouch! I hit my tongue on the window!
Me: ...How did you manage that? o.o
Brother: I was being careful...

XD

Ejunknown
13th August 2006, 6:16 AM
Finished reading and sent you what I thought. :D XDDDD "Slowly man stirred", classic. Had to stop myself from quoting it. Reminds me of your old quote; "Theres a fairy coming from the shore to rescue us!", or something like that. XDDDD

Oh, and:

*coughcoughcoughRISING STORMcoughcoughcoughPE2Kcoughcough*

I have a really sore throat. :D

XD Your brother is a genius. :D

Sike Saner
14th August 2006, 6:25 AM
Yummmmm....Ghost Pokémon make me happy. No, not because they taste like chocolate as the "Yummmmm" might imply.

...Yeah, just to warn you, I can be kind of hyper at this hour. XD

Anyway, I liked the hell out of this, and not just for the presence of a Ghost-type in there. The atmosphere, the style of language, the subject matter of demon possession - all of those things were used to great effect here. I especially liked the talk of liquid shadows and such (surprise, surprise, huh? *glances at own sig and the blue face therein* X3) - which was extra-appropriate given that Gengar is the "Shadow Pokémon", after all. Also extremely cool was the portrayal of the Gengar's delight in possessing poor Charles. ^____^ I loved that.

Highlights:

His resolve weakened as a heavy cloud of exhaustion swamped his senses, clouding his thoughts and pushing him into quiet darkness.

I like the description of exhaustion swamping the senses, because it can certainly do to a person. It’s done it to me before; that’s for sure.

He pulled his arms free, eyes bright as he turned expectantly to the door. It slowly creaked open, allowing a strange, red-purple light to filter out and pool on the concrete floor. It flickered not unlike a fire, clawing out over the threshhold as the door fell into the room beyond.

The talk of the eerie light “clawing out over the threshold”, like some kind of creeping demon – that’s damned cool. ^^

Hello Charles.

It smiled.

CREEPY! ^_________^ That is my favorite quote in the entire story.

The shadows that lurked in the corners answered his summons, weaving around him like puppies greeting their long lost owner.

Again, shadows make me smile, and the way that line makes me think of shadows being at this creatures beck and call – that makes me smile more. And not just because that makes me think of Rionette. Although, I won’t deny that that is a contributing factor. X3

Again, very lovely work. Creepy stuff = Awesome. ^^

Brian Powell
15th August 2006, 3:47 PM
Posession

Did like this one-shot, yes. How did I rank the horror and scariness of this fic? Made my eyes widened a little bit but I didn’t get scared, but I think it would scare others. I had a slight hunch that it would be a Gengar when the fic mentioned shadow and stuff. For Gengar to do all that n a horror fic is a great idea.

Quotes worth mentioning...

Backwards and forwards
Is this describing of how the man was trying to get to the door? I liked those parts.

Hello Charles.

It smiled.
Eyes widened there. Look it. O_O

This fic reminds of one of those horror movies. *Pictures one of ‘The Shining’ moments*. That was cool and creepy, like this one!

Overall score: 4.5/5

SnoringFrog
19th August 2006, 7:02 PM
I reread it since you edited it, very good job.

The darkness’s laugh echoed in his ears as tears flooded down his dirty cheeks, dampening his ragged, un-kept beard that had grown since he’d been committed. He clawed at the door, trying to do something, anything, to help his escape. Splinters dug into his tender skin, his yellowed nails chipping and cracking, leaving blood streaks on the unmarked wooden surface. He ignored it, continuing his desperate attack.
Loved this part, good job portraying it.

the nightmarish liquid
So far, this is the only part I don't like. The inclusion of a word like 'nightmarish' takes a bit away from the overall feel of the story. It seems to make it somewhat more happy and lighthearted than it was intended to be. I understand that it's hard to get the right word, and sometimes these 'ishies' are the only ones that seem to fit, but if you can find any way to change it and keep your meaning, it would help keep the feeling going.

Hello Charles.

It smiled.
ANother part I really loved. The casual speech of Gengar as well as teh smile are both greatly done. I can see this instance exactly, very fitting behavior for a gengar.

katiekitten
20th August 2006, 3:32 AM
Sorry everyone for not replying sooner! ^.^;;

Ejunk: XD Yes, he is a mastermind. XD

If you put that in your sig, I will start refferring to you as 'Junkie' Again. :p

XD

Thanks Sike! =D

*prods Charlse and watches him squirm* >=) I love the idea of possession as well, and as I have wanted to write a story with a madman before, this was a lot of fun. XD

The delight of the Gengar is one of my favourite parts. It just seems to put a large underline under his evil-freakyness factor. =D

I added the liquid shadows because I thought that the darkness was overwhelming him, smothering him, and this black ooze thing just came into mind. XD I'm glad it worked! =D

Hello Charles.

It smiled.

CREEPY! ^_________^ That is my favorite quote in the entire story.

It is my favourite line too. =D

Thanks Brian! =D

I'm glad you like it! I didn't think it was very scary, more freaky, I think. It being an eye opener is always a good thing. XD

Close on the Backwards and forwards thing. =) The backwards and forwards was supposed to show the movement of his rocking throughout the piece. Getting slowly faster and faster, until it stops completely. =D Close, though! =D *hugs*

XD That was my favourite quote. Very fun to write. XD =D

Thanks Frog! =D

Nightmarish didn't work so well? I'll change it, then. =D I'm glad you liked the rest of the edits! Thanks for reading this again! =D *hugs*

...Now I need to think of something else to write... *Tries to ignore impatient Phoenix readers* XD I'm so close to having sorted everything out... I'll get to it soon, I promise. =)

Torkoal
9th October 2006, 9:57 PM
Yo, I'm here. Now, I like this. It was fairly scary, which I'll say is hard to accomplish in a fic. I especialy like that you make it seem like he's going to come out okay when the door opens, only for it to be the death nail in his fate. I think it could be longer, and that if you really tried, you could fit those things you mentioned in the end in somehow. This is good. Maybe you could make a chapter fic with horror as one of the underlying themes.

katiekitten
10th October 2006, 3:29 PM
XD I've been considering extending this, but I just don't have the time! *cries* XD I might do it, though. I'd love to write about how he destroys the world. >=D XD

...I have to finish Sayonara and Immortal first. XD

DarkPersian479
11th October 2006, 5:26 PM
So THAT's what it's like when Gengar possesses you...

This is pretty good, though it's more of a suspense piece than a horror one. Poor Charles. His mind was already messed up by that Gengar before. At least he's out of his misery now, in a way now that his memories are no longer OF the Gengar, they ARE the Gengar now... creepy stuff.

Moonlight glanced through the barred widow

I assume you mean "window".

Good work here!

katiekitten
11th October 2006, 10:08 PM
XD Thanks! How did I miss that typo... XD I'm glad you liked it! I tried hard. =D

sandos
14th October 2006, 3:49 PM
I think it's great! I thnk it might have been better if you hadn't explained so much, though. But still, I love it! It was very effective.

~sandos;448;

blackemerald
18th October 2006, 11:13 AM
Atmosphere was key here, and used to great effect. Like Kiyohime has already noted, the repeating phrases were used with great force, creating the idea of a crazy man rocking back and forth. The language here was good, helping to create the right amount of supernatural fright here such as how the shadows slithered to their victim. Gengar and possessed black eyes rule, period. You do abuse the phrase 'the darkness' a little though.

His fingers clenched upon a piece of paper that lay tattered in his hand, the scrawled note, the only thing that spurred him on.

Comma needed between note and the.

the cracked, shrivelled barrier, the only thing that lay between him and freedom.

clawing out over the threshhold as the door fell into the room beyond.

Only one 'h' needed

possession=awesome

~B.E

Knightblazer
19th October 2006, 10:04 AM
Forwards and Backwards...

... XD

I loved this One shot! The atmosphere was very well used in this fic, and the repetion of the above phrase [Forwards and Backwards...] helped a lot in this dark setting. Liked the way you slowly revealed the Gengar's image, and thy was most impressed by the entire posession part. I loved it. :3

Bravo to your BOSS work. *salutes*

Knightblazer ;262;

katiekitten
19th October 2006, 1:17 PM
Aw... Thanks guys! *hugs and cookies for all* I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Sandos: Thanks for reviewing! Yeah, the explanation is a little long... I just thought it'd be to confusing without it. XD Glad you enjoyed it otherwise!

XD Thanks BlackEmerald! I'm glad you liked the repeating parts, I wasn't sure they'd work. Glad they did! =D

Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, too. *goes to fix them* =D

Knnniiiiigggghhhhttt! *hugs* My rusty sword partner in arms. =D Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it, and that I managed to get the atmosphere right. It was my first try at scary horror, and I wasn't certain if I'd got it right. XD I'm glad you liked it!

Thanks again all! *hands out an army of cookies* XD