PDA

View Full Version : Oh, the dilemma!

Nipissing
11th August 2006, 5:54 PM
Here it goes.

After many, many times of soft resetting, you finally got a shiny Eevee. And now here comes the dilemma:

What are you gonna evolve it into?

Shiny Espeon?
Shiny Umbreon?
Shiny Vaporeon?
Shiny Jolteon?
or Shiny Flareon?

Seth_X_of_Fortree
11th August 2006, 5:56 PM
Umbreon. Trust me. BUT.

If you have an Emerald version, trade it over and do the cloning glitch.

Now you have backups.

Vycksta
11th August 2006, 6:31 PM
Vaporeon and Umbreon have the best shiny forms out of the five.

umbreunatic
11th August 2006, 6:33 PM
If you ahve emerald watch for the cloning thread (then you can have them all)

TogeticTheRuler
11th August 2006, 6:34 PM
clone them,make a full evveelution set!:D

lime_green_hero
11th August 2006, 6:57 PM
I'd go with Espeon. It's so pretty! And the most useful.

But wait until it learn baton pass first.

Espeon@leftovers
psychic
baton pass
calm mind
substitute

DanŠ
11th August 2006, 7:03 PM
Umbreon for sure, the blue is sooo sick.

And read above w/ the cloning glitch.

Jax Malcolm
11th August 2006, 8:30 PM
It depends on what you want. Espeon's a good special sweeper, Umbreon's a trap-passer who laughs at many physical attackers, Vaporeon's a special attacker/tank/Baton Passer, Jolteon's just a Dugtrio killer, and Flareon... Well, let's just say few battlers even bother with Flareon.

Personally, though, I like Umbreon. Though it's highly predictable (seeing as pretty much the only thing it can do decently is trap and Baton Pass), it's still the best Eeveelution for that job.

Standard set goes as so:

Bold Umbreon @ Leftovers
(Synchronize)
- Mean Look/Curse
- Taunt
- Baton Pass
- Moonlight/Wish

Above is pretty much what you'll see most of the time. People either use Mean Look to perform your basic trap-pass, or they'll opt for passing the stat boosts (and, okay, the Speed decrease) with a Curse + Baton Pass combination. Taunt is for the pHazers (naturally). Moonlight is for healing up, especially to survive stat boosting if you're going with stat passing, although Wish is nice too. (I've heard it works better, but I'm the sort who prefers instant results when it comes to healing moves.)

Good luck!

Edit Note: Yes, many team building gurus will probably tell you that Umbreon can pull off Baton Passing better than Espeon, although it's debatable when it comes to Umbreon vs. Vaporeon. Espeon is usually used as a special sweeper (or, in Smogon's opinion, tank), although it's sometimes used to pass special stat boosts with Calm Mind and Baton Pass. Really, there's no point in passing, in my opinion, given the fact that Espeon has the movepool and stats to just Morning Sun and waste the opponent with Psychic/Hidden Power after boosting its own stats. It's not quite as awesome as Alakazam or Gardevoir in that department, but hey, with 130 SA, no one's going to question what that baby can do.

Unfortunately, if you've already got a special sweeper/tank on your team, you might as well go with Umbreon. I personally prefer Umbreon more for the simple reason that I'm evil.

Crystal Mewtwo
11th August 2006, 8:41 PM
I would clone Eevee and evolve them into every eeveelution :) Easy and smart.

Koubagia
11th August 2006, 10:42 PM
I think I'd go with the aforementioned cloning suggestion, though my favourite of the five is Shiny Umbreon.

Canis Lupus
11th August 2006, 11:01 PM
I got a Shiny Eevee? Yay me, it's my first shiny!

Well, I would evolve it into Vaporeon because, Vaporeon is cool. But still... According to your first post, I got a Shiny. YAY ME!

Smear
11th August 2006, 11:09 PM
Clone them, if not Umbreon is so much cooler. But I would probably look at its nature and decide based on that.

Taruta the Blue Mage
12th August 2006, 12:03 AM
Clone Eevee, if not, I'm going with Umbreon, got to love those Blue Rings =)

starterlover1
12th August 2006, 12:15 AM
Umbreon. The blue and black is just awesome.

Black Marauder
12th August 2006, 12:23 AM
Umbreon. Need (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3965244&postcount=13) I (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3962788&postcount=7) say (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3965333&postcount=14) more (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=3962050&postcount=2)?

Well, again, those blue rings are sweet. They contrast so nice with him making Umbreon look mysterious.

Munchlax Master
13th August 2006, 12:34 AM
one word...CLONE, if you have emerald

Aquarelle
13th August 2006, 2:01 AM
Well, it would depend on which Eeveelution I was planning on evolving it into, since that would be the only time I would soft reset to get a shiny. :p

But I'll pick Umbreon anyway. He just looks so cool and mysterious with those blue stripes, and me having a shiny Umbreon would make my sister so jealous.

coolcobra77
13th August 2006, 3:03 AM
Please take advantage and clone it like 400+ times

Then take 6 eevee's and evolve them... into your personal collection

Then trade all the other ones to people for Shiny's or other Rare pokemon like a Feebas or Milotic

But mosty trade for other shiny's... That's what I'm gonna do with my shiny Mighteyana (Shiny all pokemon here I come muahahahah!)

BasiltheDragon
13th August 2006, 10:11 AM
Umbreon or Espeon.

Though I would clone it.

[AceAussie]
13th August 2006, 10:15 AM
i'd like the umbreon but i personally like espeon best..

SneazzL.com
13th August 2006, 10:22 AM
THe strongest and coolest one of course........ JOLTEON XD
lol who cares that he is shiny XD

danburite
13th August 2006, 10:57 AM
All of them. ;)

snorlaxlife42
13th August 2006, 4:59 PM
i would pick espeon

Golde
13th August 2006, 11:35 PM
okay, 1...I would keep it as is,
2 clone it 6 times. XD

folgore
25th August 2006, 3:34 AM
I think vaporeon is the best eevee evolution in terms of fighting. If i had a shiny eevee, i would want it to be my favorite fighter, like I had a shiny slowpoke and chose to make it a shiny slowking because i think hes a better fighter.

EmbersBackUpSinger
25th August 2006, 3:35 AM
Cloning Glitch. But Umbreon and Espeon

BKZ
25th August 2006, 4:59 AM
I'd pick Umbreon for sure. I was trying to hatch for a shiny eevee for that shiny umbreon.
P.S. the blue rings are great

Judai Yuki
25th August 2006, 5:01 AM
You should clone your Eevee and then evolve each one.

-Judai

Dragon Chimchar
22nd November 2008, 8:05 PM
well Umbreons is the coolest
:D

IcyDragon0605
23rd November 2008, 1:10 AM
Umbreon looks awesome, you probably already made your choice but Umbreon is a good Tank and looks awesome.

Pingouin7
23rd November 2008, 1:19 AM
He never said he obtained a shiny Eevee. He is just asking wich is the most likes Eevee evolution.

MorseCoder
23rd November 2008, 4:09 AM
Umbreon. I have one, Lv. 2 at Pearl. I love the Blue Rings in its Body..

HoennMaster
23rd November 2008, 7:34 AM
Is there a reason why you bumped a two year old topic?

Slowking[George]
23rd November 2008, 1:56 PM
I'd keep Shiny Eevee as it is, no reason to spoil it.

Heliotrope
23rd November 2008, 5:52 PM
I've actually recieved two shiny Eevee via soft resetting; a Careful natured one that I evolved into a shiny Flareon, and a Quirky natured one that I evolved into a shiny Glaceon.

If I ever manage to hatch a shiny Eevee, I'll evolve it into a shiny Umbreon.

Shiny Eevee 1 - recieved the 2nd June 2007 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Heliotrope1987/Shiny%20Pokemon/ShinyEevee.jpg)

Shiny Eevee 2 - recieved 20th May 2008 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Heliotrope1987/Shiny%20Pokemon/Imag0002.jpg)

EDIT: Wow, I didn't notice how old this topic was. O_O

Larry
23rd November 2008, 6:51 PM
I like Jolteon best so Jolteon.

The Dean of Suds
24th November 2008, 2:31 AM
Wow bump. But probably umbreon.

SapphireWonder
24th November 2008, 11:46 AM
Shiny Vaporeon, It's my favorite...Yes, I realize it's purple...

superluis5
24th November 2008, 6:12 PM
I will keep my shiny EEVEE the way it is!

Pkmn Breeder Jack
24th November 2008, 8:22 PM
I'd trade it to Emerald, clone it a bunch of times, and then evolve it into each. Trade two to DP and get the other two evos. Keep a few in case in future games there are more Eeveelutions.

Dartsa
25th November 2008, 11:14 AM
Clone it :P.
If I couldn't clone, I would go with the pure awesomeness that is Umbreon...

Jessie&James
25th November 2008, 11:21 AM
I'd evolve it into a Vaporeon 'cause I've always wanted a Vaporeon in my team :)

EnteiFirecracker
25th November 2008, 11:42 AM
Clone :)
Otherwise, if you are a strict non-cloner, go with Umbreon. :)

Arceus Master
25th November 2008, 5:41 PM
Probably clone it and then evolve them into each evolution, but if I couldn't clone it, I'd probably evolve it into either Flareon or Umbreon.

Shining Mew
25th November 2008, 7:56 PM
2 years old!