PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever do themed nickanmes?

XSilverStarboyX
12th August 2006, 3:08 AM
I try to do it. Like in Emerald, I did a Fatal Fury theme. My Pokemons names were; Terry, Andy, Joe, Mai, Mary, and Rock. I want to restart one of my games, but deciding on a theme is tough;152;

Gon Freecss
12th August 2006, 10:08 AM
Yes I did Naruto names when I first got emerald then moved onto Dr Slump names then video game names and last time I reset I used super villain names. My friend had names of final fantasy character and terrorist names.

Glitter Latias
12th August 2006, 11:59 AM
In my old Ruby it was random themed, all the names were completely random, one of them was Egg, and another was bottle 8D

Ben Kenobi
12th August 2006, 3:55 PM
Yes. I give my Pokemon Latin nicknames.

zeppelin
12th August 2006, 4:01 PM
yeah ive named them all with the letters "rike" at the end of all there names.

water types rule
12th August 2006, 5:48 PM
I've nicknamed my Dittos according to their IVs, because I use them for breeding. like i name one FLAWLS HP, and one other OUTSTNDATT. But othere than that I don't even bother with nicknames.

Jax Malcolm
12th August 2006, 6:25 PM
All the time because I was bored. It usually depended on the game, although I've done the following themes before:

- Elements. (First Red team)
- Card Captor Sakura Clow Cards. (Current Red team)
- Japanese names of human Pokemon characters. (Current Fire Red team)
- Japanese names of anime characters in general. (First Sapphire team)
- Stones. (Current Silver team)
- Herbs/Food. (Last Silver team)
- Gods/goddesses. (Current Crystal team)
- Colors. (First Silver team)
- Philosophers/writers. (Current Leaf Green team... although it's a challenge team involving a character I RP anyway, meaning I sort of have to.)

However, for Sapphire and Ruby, I've recently taken to just giving random names to my Pokemon. The main explanation is that I've just given up trying to come up with names that went in a pattern. That and Ruby is currently hosting a challenge team involving using James's Pokemon, so to be accurate, I decided not to give the Pokemon I used nicknames.

MetalMario
13th August 2006, 12:39 AM
On my last play through Emerald, I did a Stargate SG-1 theme. Daniel Jackson was a male Gardevoir XD! Col. Mithchell, the last added to my team, was an Electrike.

onix lord
13th August 2006, 1:02 AM
I once thought about naming my pokemon after famous guitarists, but it never pulled through.

Vycksta
13th August 2006, 1:04 AM
Let's see...

--- Sonic Characters (( XD and some on Sapphire ))
--- Pita-Ten characters (( Fire Red ))
--- Vampyres (( Leaf Green ))
--- Sailor Moon characters (( First Ruby playthrough ))
--- Yu-Gi-Oh characters (( Sapphire ))

Aquarelle
13th August 2006, 3:05 AM
Well on emerald, I gave French names to about half of them. Though some of them were just a bunch of French words combined.

Then on my Leaf Green team, I'm thinking about naming some of them after pokemon characters, lol. (Using the japanese names, because they suit pokemon better, and this way my sister won't tease me)

danburite
13th August 2006, 11:35 AM
All I DO is themed nicknames! I'm currently doing a Celtic theme i'm gonna carry over onto Pearl. My Pichu is Titania and my Beldum is Macha. ;)

folgore
25th August 2006, 4:26 AM
I did naruto names, but when i ran out i decided that nicknaming was stupid. so i renamed them all to their real names. I dont nickname anymore.

killerkyogre14
25th August 2006, 5:05 AM
i never give nicknames unless ive already caught it before and i didnt mean to catch it.(do it alot in gold version)

DoaJ
25th August 2006, 5:52 AM
I always do. It depends on my mood, but Ive done all forms of mythology (celtic, aztec, egyptian, greek, etc.) and songs. Sons was fun, because it could have been a random word (seemingly) or an actual name (Kaya by Bob Marley). Ive also named them after rare gems and precious metals. I have fun with it. lol