PDA

View Full Version : Ubers....

Mudkipchan
12th August 2006, 5:17 AM
I am proving to a friend why ubers really shouldn't be used. I mean.. some of them look cool, and strong and completes a space in the pokedex... but....

I don't really know how to prove it. So I'm asking for help here.

I'm sure some of you understand, right?

Vampiric Knight
12th August 2006, 5:26 AM
Any particular personal reason why ubers shouldn't be used?

Xemnas
12th August 2006, 6:01 AM
ur freind has the irght to use em if he wants to

ubers can be killed

CardShark
12th August 2006, 6:08 AM
I don't see any problem with using ubers. If you can't beat ubers, that's your problem. I've seen Mewtwos beaten by the oddest choices. Then again, said Mewtwo trainer wasn't that good.

Maybe I should start over.
Reasons ubers shouldn't be used:
1) Above-average stats
2) Not everyone knows how to beat them.

Reasons why they should be used:
1) To make weaker trainers strive to become better.
2) They're just freaking awesome.

Really, you use ubers or you don't. It's really nobody's business but the trainer's what pokemon they use.

K-os
12th August 2006, 4:42 PM
I dont prefer Ubers, but i dont disrespect anyone who does.

It's All up to personal choice.

~K-os~

ShinyFufu
12th August 2006, 4:52 PM
Why do you think ubers are called "ubers"?
They're the uberness, that's why! On a more serious note, I see absolutely nothing wrong with ubers. If you're friends uses ubers, you just go right back and use them to. The uber metagame is my favorite, so I find it quite annoying when people complain about their friends using ubers, just becuz they are "unfair". They are not unfair, you probably just need to use an uber of your own. The ubers that were unfair were Mewtwo and Mew, and that was back in the RBY days.

Taruta the Blue Mage
12th August 2006, 5:15 PM
For me I prefer Uber Pokemon to be a last resort, that's why I made 3 different teams without Ubers in them. Even though I just started them they could take down Ubers.

SneazzL.com
12th August 2006, 6:25 PM
If you like ubers then use them if you dont donty use them...
Simpel as that

-Xu-
12th August 2006, 7:19 PM
Decide before hand if you're going to battle.
I have 2 uber sets and 4 non- uber sets, so I'm fit which ever way.

coolcobra77
12th August 2006, 7:31 PM
Well if you really want proof... try me

I tried to challenge myself make a "Perfect" Uber Team then beat a Team of my Favorite pokemon

-Kyroge
-Groudon
-Raquaza
- Ho-oh
- Latios
- Mewtwo

vs

- Typhlosion
- Blastoise
- Steelix
- Dragonite
- Scizor
- Tyranitar

Guess who won... not the Ubers my Team of Favorites
They all were lvl 100, best moves I could get.

But still your friend has a choice and an opinion, If he wants Ubers good for him, Just beat him with normal pokemon that you have and he mgiht change his mind.

But there really isn't anything wrong with them... it just says you favor them over other pokemon... it doesn't prove you're weak or not I sometimes use a team of Ubers just to do something fast.

coolcobra77
12th August 2006, 7:46 PM

I tried to challenge myself make a "Perfect" Uber Team then beat a Team of my Favorite pokemon

-Kyroge
-Groudon
-Raquaza
- Ho-oh
- Latios
- Mewtwo

vs

- Typhlosion
- Blastoise
- Steelix
- Dragonite
- Scizor
- Tyranitar

But still your friend has a choice and an opinion, If he wants Ubers good for him, Just beat him with normal pokemon that you have and he mgiht change his mind.

But there really isn't anything wrong with them... it just says you favor them over other pokemon... it doesn't prove you're weak or not I sometimes use a team of Ubers just to do something fast.

coolcobra77
12th August 2006, 7:46 PM

-Kyroge
-Groudon
-Raquaza
- Ho-oh
- Latios
- Mewtwo

vs

- Typhlosion
- Blastoise
- Steelix
- Dragonite
- Scizor
- Tyranitar

Freakshow
12th August 2006, 7:51 PM
Ubers are to be played in an uber metagame, where everyone uses ubers and strategically try to defeat the other. Ubers are far too strong for the other metagames

Munchlax Master
13th August 2006, 12:30 AM
coolcobra dont triple post

Jeffrey199
13th August 2006, 3:50 AM
Personally I like games where one uber/legend is allowed per trained, kind of like your own personal mascot to use in the end. For me the only reason I don't like to say let the ubers fly is because some people (not all) take it as a sign that ONLY ubers should be used and then you get everyone with the exact same team. Sometimes you get people who pick and choose ubers to be combined with many others to make a truly frightening team and those I'll admit are a blast to play against. however too often all I see is Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayqueza. (My only uber trained passed its initial level is Mewtwo, just because I think he's awesome.)

9voltdude
13th August 2006, 5:42 AM
people say uber users are noobs, but if u cant beat a uber with a non-uber then your the noob.

TogeticTheRuler
13th August 2006, 6:09 AM
Yea i agree ^ Besides,it DOES take skill!Just that its stats are higher,like trying to survive hydro pumps from a kyogre from an aerodactyl(XD battle cd)

However,have skills to raise an uber,uber trainers rock,sadly the only uber i have is Mewtwo and all those others are hoenn.....-_-

Ballade
13th August 2006, 6:48 AM
personally, I think ubers should only be used in the game just to get through the E4+ Champion for quick money. That's one of the biggest ways to get dead rich in the game, espically if you have an amulet coin or two.

For battling, I say no ubers unless both sides have at least one (meaning in a player vs player match, the computer provides no challenge). My reasons:

1. too powerful, a level-80+ uber can take out an entire team of level 100's easily (trust me, if a level 80 non-uber can take out an entire team of level 100's, then an uber can do it easily)

2. even if the uber isn't statstically the same, they have much greater move pools to pull out an SE attack against many others

3. thanks to the abilities in R/S, ubers are now even more powerful. a Mewtwo can be a staller and slowly drain the other teams PP thanks to Pressure, and the same thing with the others.

4. an uber's stats are usually off the charts in at least one catagory, the one that they usually focus on anyway. Even then, it's not like all the others are toilet-worthy, even though Kyogre's Sp. Def is twice as high as it's Def, it can still take a beating from powerful physical attacks and wipe them out in one deft blow

Br26
13th August 2006, 6:51 AM
Its cool to collect them at all, but the Pokemon i use the most are the ones I catch early in the game, not ones right before or after I beat the game.

BasiltheDragon
13th August 2006, 10:07 AM
They should not be used, for all reasons stated in my sig.

[AceAussie]
13th August 2006, 10:12 AM
it's really up to personal choice i mean i use one uber which is mewtwo and thats it i tend to use other monsters but if your friends enjoy's useing them you don't need to stop him..

Lie
13th August 2006, 10:40 AM
Ubers are no crap D=< And they NEVER work without strategy or with stupid movesets like:
Groudon@hax
-Sandstorm
-EQ
-Solarbeam
-Eruption
(But it would be lol to Sandstorm an Eggy switch-in =D)

Oh, and don't forget: Most ubers' counters are non-uber.

Walking Contradiction
13th August 2006, 4:34 PM
I use ubers because they kick a*s. Using ubers is a personal choice. Everyone can use whatever pokemon they want. No big deal.

emeraldsalamance
13th August 2006, 5:09 PM
i dont really use ubers except for latias but that because i prefer other pokemons that the legendaries ones

but, the ubers doesnt have evolution so that makes the ubers almost the only pokemons that can get it max stats

BlackHeart
13th August 2006, 10:18 PM
Uber's are okay. Just find counters!

trumpet_crobat
13th August 2006, 11:11 PM
eh my friends first team that i saw kicked my teams ***es because he had 4 ubers so after a few times of being kicked around by a bunch of ubers i let a mewtwo in my team and my friends ubers were taken down though hes beginning to use serebii's guides to make awesome teams though he still uses ubers.

Jaster
21st August 2006, 12:33 AM
People that use ubers are affraid of losing.

Prince_PJ
21st August 2006, 5:23 AM
I've raised a few, "Ubers." Lugia, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Attack Deoxys, Mewtwo. And if they count (I dunno if they do), Moltres, Entei and Regice. I don't use them unless other people have "Ubers" on their team.

They are statistically better. They've got weakness, like other Pokemon, but that doesn't mean that you're a noob for not being able to beat them (My Attack Deoxys swamped my friends whole team by itself, and this thing could die from a single attack; it's that strong).

Turtloopa
21st August 2006, 7:09 AM
I use ubers whenever i can. And i don't care.

Swellow_91
21st August 2006, 4:34 PM
If people want to use Ubers , it's their choice. Besides defeating an Uber team with Non-Ubers is a real challenge. I personally don't use any Ubers because I think they're a cheap way to win. But again , each person has the right to use any pokemon , including Ubers.

-Discord-
22nd August 2006, 2:28 PM
I don't really like ubers, I only use the ones I like, which is probably only Lugia and Kyogre. Lugia being my favorite. I prefer Standards, my favorites like Milotic, Metagross and Dragonite. Ocassionally I use an uber but only Lugia stays on my team consistently, because it's awesome.

Elite 4
22nd August 2006, 3:36 PM
Ubers are great. If you can't beat them, GET ONE!

pathophobe
22nd August 2006, 3:48 PM
I personally don't use ubers, but I don't care if others use them. I crushed my friend's team of 5 ubers plus his starter. they're too predictable for me to use them. I like using things that can have a big variety of sets.

Olivier!
22nd August 2006, 4:23 PM
I like it when my friend use "Ubers" against me, It sets me up a nice challenge

Shiny Ho-Oh
22nd August 2006, 4:27 PM
The only uber i use is my Latias.

Deokishisu
22nd August 2006, 10:23 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with using ubers. If your doing this cuz you can't beat your friends ubers maybe you should train more. Many people in Nintendo's tournaments used a team full of ubers and were still beaten.

starterlover1
22nd August 2006, 11:42 PM
There is nothing wrong with ubers except that in a regular battle it is cheap to use them due to the overblown stats. If you both agree to use ubers, then fine.

Moeteimasu Umi
23rd August 2006, 12:24 AM
i beat groudon with my level 50 pikachu X_X ubers are quite easy to beat imo

♪Crystal Mew♪
23rd August 2006, 12:46 AM
i beat groudon with my level 50 pikachu X_X ubers are quite easy to beat imo

there is no way at all that you beat a groudon with a level 50 pikachu...

pikachu = outran by groudon
pikachu does not have any super effective attacks against groudon except hidden power and surf (if obtainable)
groudon has earthquake... pikachu = dead if groudon uses earthquake

EDIT: I train ubers... they are fun to use... but I also have a team of non-ubers if my friends don't want to battle with ubers... (and I beat my friends uber teams with my non-ubers so it doesn't matter anyways)

AJ kinova the psychic
23rd August 2006, 1:57 PM
I dont think using them is that helpful

RAVENHEART
23rd August 2006, 7:35 PM
This reminds me of the card game yu-gi-oh I play it regularlly at tournaments 3 years ago only one type of deck won tournaments and it was very boring there are frequent lists that come out banning cards and forcing people to use different strategies but there is always one deck that seems to have a big advantage me and my friends never use these deck for the basic reason that they are boring we make competative decks that are fun to play but the game is only as fun as the two people make it.

So while it may be fair to use ubers it just isn't as fun.

Diaperman
11th September 2006, 12:11 AM
Im not against ubers but in my opinion if you use normal pokemon (not ubers) youll get more experienced and who knows ..you might have the Almighty Team.

Darkmaster Rannon
11th September 2006, 12:19 AM
I don't see any problem with using ubers. If you can't beat ubers, that's your problem. I've seen Mewtwos beaten by the oddest choices. Then again, said Mewtwo trainer wasn't that good.

Maybe I should start over.
Reasons ubers shouldn't be used:
1) Above-average stats
2) Not everyone knows how to beat them.

Reasons why they should be used:
1) To make weaker trainers strive to become better.
2) They're just freaking awesome.

Really, you use ubers or you don't. It's really nobody's business but the trainer's what pokemon they use.

but even a great trainer can't beat ubers! if I used a team of mewtwos could you beat me with ease? no... if I used A team of wobbafett would you beat me? no.... Ubers are cheap and Banned from Tournements!
they were made so anyone can feel like a master!

Freakshow
11th September 2006, 12:29 AM
If you have a Team of Wobbuffets I'd rip you with Calm Mind Latios anyday. Wobba doesn't work with its kind

Ubers are not banned from tournaments fyi. Did the JAA ban ubers? No they didn't. With the exception of Mew and Deoxys, which I don't know why

Playing with Ubers are more fun than OU. Ubers are so varied in movesets that its always nice to see a surprise popping up from side to side (Selfdestruct Mewtwo caught me off guard before)

Hydronus
11th September 2006, 12:31 AM
My view on ubers. It don't matter if you use em or not, your choice. Personally I catch Rayquaza before the e4 for a "last resort" when I'm losing. After the E4, I don't really use em.

Darkmaster Rannon
11th September 2006, 1:06 AM
If you have a Team of Wobbuffets I'd rip you with Calm Mind Latios anyday. Wobba doesn't work with its kind

Ubers are not banned from tournaments fyi. Did the JAA ban ubers? No they didn't. With the exception of Mew and Deoxys, which I don't know why

Playing with Ubers are more fun than OU. Ubers are so varied in movesets that its always nice to see a surprise popping up from side to side (Selfdestruct Mewtwo caught me off guard before)

mew and deoxys were banned but not mewtwo, rayquaza, Lugia...etc?
omg now Lugia is totally going on my uber team....... hehe a team of ubers awesome......

Hydronus
11th September 2006, 1:08 AM
Well, if you are talking about average in-game battling, I would suggest a mix team of ubers/regs but not a whole team of ubers unless your leveling them up. Otherwise it takes the fun out.

Darkmaster Rannon
11th September 2006, 1:13 AM
Gets latios and lugia... done getting ubers!
wait.... gets Kyogre.... ok now I'm done!

K3v1n
11th September 2006, 1:23 AM
I don't use then cause there cheap.Note: the Team in my sig. Ain't my real team.Is Lat@s considered uber?

Horn Drill
11th September 2006, 3:16 AM
It's perfectly fine to pit uber teams against each other, but using ubers against a team of OU is unfair. Some OU Pokemon are used in uber battles (such as Celebi, Metagross, Ninjask, Blissey, and Snorlax), but a Mewtwo or Groudon can easily sweep a team of OU Pokemon regardless of skill level. I have nothing against using ubers against other ubers, but using them against anything else is cheap.

Advanced trainer Kai
11th September 2006, 3:50 AM
I'm neutral about this

using those like Mewtwo Rayquaza,Ho-Oh,etc.
it doesnt give much a challenge anymore

now something like latias and latios I do not mind

have you checked JAA , most of them depended on the overused ones

JirachiMan
11th September 2006, 4:11 AM
Ubers are your choice to use. They are cheap because of their uber stats but they can be defeated.

^^torpedo^^
11th September 2006, 2:13 PM
I dont use ubers, because they cannot be used in BF...however, they are good, and I have few ubers lvl 100 but more ''normals''...