PDA

View Full Version : Cross-Lingual Trading

OkashiraShinomori
12th August 2006, 6:41 PM
After recently laying trading plans, the question was brought up if it is possible to trade Pokémon from an English cartridge to a Japanese. 2nd Generation was 'no,' is 3rd Generation any different?

If this topic exists somewhere, I apologize.

DarkSpectrum
12th August 2006, 6:57 PM
After recently laying trading plans, the question was brought up if it is possible to trade Pokémon from an English cartridge to a Japanese. 2nd Generation was 'no,' is 3rd Generation any different?

If this topic exists somewhere, I apologize.

It has been asked before yes.... but
The GBA versions can trade amongst each other regardless of language..... The gamecube versions however only trade with their corresponding language/region.

OkashiraShinomori
12th August 2006, 7:09 PM
Ah, thank you very much! I appreciate the answer; now it just stands to be discovered if GBA English to Japanese DS will work, haha.

I think this can be closed unless anyone has information on the latter subject.

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th August 2006, 7:13 PM
Their are two things.

The Japanese version has a 5 character limit, so it will cut off the name of your Pokemon if it's longer. It will still be in English.

And Pokemon that are sent to the english version will have their names in Japanese.

Cheezz
12th August 2006, 7:14 PM
DS and GBA can't trade?
Or did you mean to trade your pokes to a Japanese Diamond/Pearl?

Korobooshi Kojiro
12th August 2006, 7:17 PM
We're talking about GBA to GBA, not to the DS. It's unknown if you can trade a English GBA Pokemon to the Japanese DP.

OkashiraShinomori
12th August 2006, 7:17 PM
Thanks for the information about the names, Kojiro.

And yeah, my second question, which probably can't be answered yet, is whether I can trade my English Emerald Pokémon with Japanese Diamond.

Mega Trickster
12th August 2006, 7:18 PM
Thanks for the information about the names, Kojiro.

And yeah, my second question, which probably can't be answered yet, is whether I can trade my English Emerald Pokémon with Japanese Diamond.

Yes you will be able, I see no reason not to. The games are supposed to go Wi-Fi, so you need to be able to do cross-region trading.

Br26
13th August 2006, 12:20 PM
I had some japaneese pokemon traded over to my US Leaf Green, they still come as their Japaneese names, it appears as a nickname. Also, they have funny spaces inbetween the letters if you use the english letters in the JPN version.

Seth_X_of_Fortree
14th August 2006, 3:05 PM
Can trade.

Got a Deoxys with a Japanese name and owner, bob.