PDA

View Full Version : serious question about that woman on rt.111

DemonBrandon
13th August 2006, 8:40 AM
I dunno, but this has always struck me as weird. in R/S/E on rt111 we have this old woman that offers you and your pokemon a rest. but as soon as you wake up she says you should rest again....and she asks again and again each time you wake up.....what's the deal with this old lady? I mean, I find it really odd how she does this without a purpose, does this like help your pokemon's happiness? or does this old woman just get off on watching you sleep?^^;

Nyaa-Neko
13th August 2006, 9:52 AM
It's just a way to heal your Pokemon on that long route...-_-

And they just have her offer you again because...they want to keep her in-character as a nice old lady?

But I don't know-I don't think it helps your Pokemon's happiness or anything...

Ballade
13th August 2006, 10:23 AM
if you stay long enough, she'll take your money <.< >.> She's nuts =P

I seriously don't know, but I always found it creepy.

~Alexis Laistenna~
13th August 2006, 11:06 AM
There's a fanfic on Fanfiction.net. It has one of the main character's opinions on her. It's Pokemon Emerald: Legends in Hoenn. Search for it. I don't think I'm allowed to say it here, though. It's real funny.

And she is very creepy. It's weird, I thought she would kill you and sell your Pokemon. She is that weird. At least when you get Fly you can avoid her. And she will take your money as well.

killerjaw01
13th August 2006, 3:26 PM
Maybe she's just lonely and wants some company...

Seriously, I have no idea.

Munchlax Master
13th August 2006, 4:18 PM
how does she take your money?

SneazzL.com
13th August 2006, 4:33 PM
i dont no
but why do you care about it ??? lol

zeppelin
13th August 2006, 4:51 PM

i think he was being sarcastic..

shes just an old lady that wants you stay in her house and heal up.

SneazzL.com
13th August 2006, 5:34 PM
LOL,
She grabes you and demands you to give her money,,,,,,

He was just sarcastic i think *-)

shiny manafi
14th August 2006, 6:35 AM
She just heals, who cares about her asking over and over again?

DemonBrandon
14th August 2006, 7:43 AM
She just heals, who cares about her asking over and over again?
I just find it weird that she brings it up again right after you wake up...doesn't make sense^^;

Angelic Elf Ivy
14th August 2006, 7:51 AM
I've wondered about this too.
It's kind of odd...and creepy... Oo;
But yeah, she just heals and nothing else.
No real point in her asking you to rest again the moment you wake up though... >.>
All that does is make me want to avoid her.
Glad you can once you get fly.

Poke'Blaze
14th August 2006, 8:15 AM
I guess she wants to be with people and see them sleep.

Warri0r
14th August 2006, 1:51 PM
That lady was pretty annoying I remember I accidentally rested 3 straight times because I was pressing A too fast...glad I don't go on that route anymore.

amulekbird
14th August 2006, 3:20 PM
I just find it weird that she brings it up again right after you wake up...doesn't make sense^^;

It doesn't make sense that the Elite 4 pretend like they've never seen you before after you've beaten them 300 times. It doesn't make sense that Nurse Joy wants to see you again soon (as if she wants your pokemon to get hurt). It doesn't make sense that you're a ten-year old and you can wander through the whole country unaccompanied and picking fights with people everywhere. It doesn't make sense that plants only grow in sudden spurts every 6, 12, 24 hours. It doesn't make sense that everyone in the country except you never moves more than 10 spaces. (Ok, and your rival, and Wally)

It's a game...they programmed things to be repetitive so they wouldn't have to program any more details than necessary.

sidney
14th August 2006, 7:43 PM
lol, good point

Pottsie
14th August 2006, 10:30 PM
I always found that creepy. I bet Game Freak, Nintendo planned it.

Warri0r
14th August 2006, 10:47 PM
The thing that ticks me off the most about her...is that she say's "You don't need to be so shy about it" when you say no to her request to rest again.

Like I actually need to stay there...

Ancient Chaos
15th August 2006, 12:52 AM
It doesn't make sense that the Elite 4 pretend like they've never seen you before after you've beaten them 300 times. It doesn't make sense that Nurse Joy wants to see you again soon (as if she wants your pokemon to get hurt). It doesn't make sense that you're a ten-year old and you can wander through the whole country unaccompanied and picking fights with people everywhere. It doesn't make sense that plants only grow in sudden spurts every 6, 12, 24 hours. It doesn't make sense that everyone in the country except you never moves more than 10 spaces. (Ok, and your rival, and Wally)

It's a game...they programmed things to be repetitive so they wouldn't have to program any more details than necessary.

you forgot it doesnt make sense that ANYONE lets you into their house and you can watch anyones tv and they're all on the exact same chanel. it doesnt make sense everyone says almost the exact same thing whenever you talk to them. and it doesnt make sense that ALL pokemon of the same species are the exact same height.

coolcobra77
15th August 2006, 1:07 AM
Yeah she is one creepy lady... you wake up one day to find yourself tied up in her attic, all your pokemon gone becuase you were found snooping around the house...

She's an alien/robot programmed only to say the exact same thing again and again... no one can find out muahahahha

she probably holds you to gun point says she is team rocket... then smacks you til lyou pass out... robs your money and pokemon then sticks you in a duffel bag and chucks it off the carrier that takes you up mt chimney

or she eats you!

amulekbird
15th August 2006, 1:16 AM
you forgot it doesnt make sense that ANYONE lets you into their house and you can watch anyones tv and they're all on the exact same chanel. it doesnt make sense everyone says almost the exact same thing whenever you talk to them. and it doesnt make sense that ALL pokemon of the same species are the exact same height.

Excellent points. :)