PDA

View Full Version : Battery/Saving Help

BlueExplosion
14th August 2006, 11:12 PM
Do GBA games (Such as Leaf Green, Ruby) have batteries? Im just worried that my Leaf Green will die (Like in R/B/Y/G/S/C), its almost hit its 150th hour, and i'm not sure how long the battery lasts. Help Please!

TogeticTheRuler
14th August 2006, 11:30 PM
Yes the gba games DO have internal batteries,but when the battery runs out,its not really that big of a deal,only time based events wotn happen,you can still play your game in the gba games unlike g/s/c
firered and leafgreen DONT have internal batteries

BlueExplosion
14th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Oh, ok Thanks!

DarkSpectrum
15th August 2006, 2:26 PM
Yes the gba games DO have internal batteries,but when the battery runs out,its not really that big of a deal,only time based events wotn happen,you can still play your game in the gba games unlike g/s/c
firered and leafgreen DONT have internal batteries

ruby/saphire/emerald are the only ones with internal batteries.... fire red/leaf green don't. Even If they did all but the earliest games that have batteries do not use the for save games because the game saves using a flash memory (which stores data without power for years).

Kosmo
15th August 2006, 2:42 PM
Eventally you will lose your saved game but that won't be for many a year.

battlefrontiertrainer
15th August 2006, 3:03 PM
by then you could trade your pokes and items to D/P

TogeticTheRuler
15th August 2006, 4:51 PM
ruby/saphire/emerald are the only ones with internal batteries.... fire red/leaf green don't. Even If they did all but the earliest games that have batteries do not use the for save games because the game saves using a flash memory (which stores data without power for years).
Dude,did you even READ the last sentence????????IT SAYS THAT FIRERED AND LEAFGREEN DONT HAVE BATTERIES cant even read the last sentence..................

FlameTrainer
15th August 2006, 6:32 PM
So your save file is erased when the internal battery runs dry???

Man, that really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TogeticTheRuler
15th August 2006, 8:43 PM
Well thats true,only for gold,silver,and crystal,BUT you can still play your file even if the internal battery dies,just time based events wont happen.eg.growing berries,lotto,etc

DarkSpectrum
15th August 2006, 10:30 PM
Dude,did you even READ the last sentence????????IT SAYS THAT FIRERED AND LEAFGREEN DONT HAVE BATTERIES cant even read the last sentence..................

I never said that you didn't say that so don't get all riled up.... I was explaining how the games did saves with or without a battery.

Munchlax Master
15th August 2006, 10:33 PM
when does internal batterry run out?

DarkSpectrum
15th August 2006, 10:39 PM
when does internal batterry run out?

It can run out at any time depending on temperature/usage/etc.
Some people have had it run out after a month and I myself have had Ruby since it was released and the battery has never run dry.

Johto
15th August 2006, 10:53 PM
Hm, this might explain my Sapphire. For some reason at times it just freezes, and none of my other games do that. It seems to get better if you start playing more, xD but then again I can just have a different situation.

TogeticTheRuler
15th August 2006, 11:14 PM
How long does it last regardless of the dangers of the world?LIke if you just play it without anything happening,my friends Saphires battery ran out somewhere in May so his battery must have ran out after 3 years tops,

CX360
15th August 2006, 11:20 PM
Someone mentioned in the last topic that when Emerald's battery runs dry, EBGames will replace it. Will that affect the saved game?

lazyslothboy
15th August 2006, 11:23 PM
Someone mentioned in the last topic that when Emerald's battery runs dry, EBGames will replace it. Will that affect the saved game?

It can. Which is why you should send all pokemon that you wouldn't want to lose into another game. Shinys, EV trained lvl 100s, etc.

CX360
15th August 2006, 11:24 PM
So to avoid the risk, just don't get the battery replaced?

DarkSpectrum
15th August 2006, 11:31 PM
So to avoid the risk, just don't get the battery replaced?

If you don't have another game then yes don't replace it. When changed the battery it is possible that the save file could be deleted in the process (doesn't always happen but it would be good to assume it would). If you have another game then you should take on the arduous task of trading everything over and then either send it to nintendo (I dunno if they still do it but used to, when you'd send in games for fixing they'd give you a shiny ziggy with a leichi berry) or take it to any of the major game retailers like eb or gamestop and have em replace it.