PDA

View Full Version : Ban List Date moved

Aquadon
14th August 2006, 11:26 PM
Everyone,

Just so you have some advance notice, the next Forbidden/Limited list will go
into effect on September 1, rather than the regularly scheduled October 1. (And
the following list should be March 1, 2007.) This will be a permanent shift
of 1 month forward for all future lists.

The new list will be on the web page soon.

Please pass this along to your local tournament center.

Thanks,
Kevin Tewart
Sr. Game Designer
UDE Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG R&D Lead
Upper Deck Entertainment

Just got the e-mail. Hopefully, the new list will be up by the end of the week.

Anyone really care? I like it because we don't have that gap between Japan's List and ours.

Regifire
15th August 2006, 12:35 AM
I hope that they take out some cards that don't deserve to be banned like painful choice maybe? Well all I can do is hope

Clamps
15th August 2006, 4:35 AM
I hope that they take out some cards that don't deserve to be banned like painful choice maybe? Well all I can do is hope

dude painful choice is one of the most perfect cards out there! it lets you get a card and gives a perfect chance for recovering the 4 cards you put in the grave!!

Judai Yuki
15th August 2006, 4:39 AM
This may be good.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
15th August 2006, 6:33 AM
Like the pieces of Exodia, use BackUp Soldier for three of them, use Monster Reincarnation for the fourth one, you have one in your hand due to Painful Choicem, and win, OR dump the piece added to your hand easily and summon Necross.

Though i'm more curious if there are any major altererations to the list.

Judai Yuki
15th August 2006, 7:21 AM
I hope at least 4 cards will become unbanned.Also that like 3 at max become limited/semi.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
15th August 2006, 8:19 AM
Either Chimeratech will be limited or banned, OR Overload Fusion will be limited or banned. To stop Chimeratech Overdragon OTK (which owns royally I might add, easy to get 5 digit monsters with Overload fusion and Chimeratech).

While its not strictly OTK, however people have found ways of getting tonnes of machine monsters in their graveyard andd fusing them and pwning their opponents in a turn.

Judai Yuki
15th August 2006, 8:24 AM
Basically Future Fusion 90% of the Machines in your deck, followed by Heavy or Dimension Fusion or wait until next turn for a 8000+ monster.

-Judai

Torkoal Stu
15th August 2006, 8:38 AM
They might just ban Chimeratech then ._.;

Hope not, I just pre-ordered a PoD box, and if I get one and can't use it i'll be ******.

Then again I still need a Cyber Dragon. Lol...

Jupetta
15th August 2006, 8:51 AM
This is interesting... hopefully this next list won't force me to change my dueling style too dramatically like the last one did.

~;354;

Raito
15th August 2006, 5:53 PM
Ok. That's good. I'll just what a while to see what the meta will look like.

FireKero!
16th August 2006, 6:42 AM
Good thing the ban list moved.

Cause I couldn't stand another month of this format.

cheekie3
16th August 2006, 2:39 PM
looking forward to see the new list, but fortunatly for me, they should allow about a week after it is announced until its enforced, as i have a tourney on the 2nd xD

Chimeratech may well be resticted, but i doupt he will be banned.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior
16th August 2006, 3:57 PM
hmm...wonder why they are doing this...

maybe they NEED Chaos Sorcerer, Zaborg and CD on the list A.S.A.P, or maybe they want to screw us all up a month early because the 'love' us too much?

Judai Yuki
16th August 2006, 4:17 PM
Nah i'm definte that Cyber Dragon nor Zaborg will go on the list.if Japan isnt having any problems with it they take it as we automatically don't.

-Judai

Aquadon
16th August 2006, 5:35 PM
Nah i'm definte that Cyber Dragon nor Zaborg will go on the list.if Japan isnt having any problems with it they take it as we automatically don't.

-Judai

Hence why Chaos ran rampant in the US this list. All we're worrying about are Gadgets, Crimeratech, and possibly Baboon. But it's better than the Chaos the TCG has.

In case of those who are wondering why I'm writing like this, I recently transferred to the OCG, so I'm not as worried. If only I could get more OCG cards though...