PDA

View Full Version : Best way for rares in Safari Zone

TheHOINK
15th August 2006, 9:12 PM
Hello, there ^_^

Hope you can help me with this.

How do you attract rare Pokémon in the Safari Zone?
What is the best way to catch a single one.

For example the ONLY missing ones of the first 151 to me are Mew (unobtainable in Germany), Tauros (Number 128) and Chansey (113)
I see them sometimes.
I figured out that it is the best to stay in a field where you encountered them and just turn around till you are attacked.
The same time, it is not possible to throw a lure at Chansey without having it escaped and Tauros bumps and explodes every ball I throw at it.

How do you catch them? By chance?
Do you throw Stones at Tauros to make it angry for hving an easier catch?

How do you catch rare ones, especially these two?
Girafarig is still missing, too, but that should be easier than Tauros and Chansey.

Thanks for your support...^_^

Moeteimasu Umi
15th August 2006, 9:25 PM
your a lyer you cant find mew in the safari zone and ithink its easier to just chuck balls

TheHOINK
15th August 2006, 11:09 PM
Whoever might be able to read is sure to have an advantage.

I stated I don`t have Mew, Tauros and Chansey.
Mew is UNOBTAINABLE in germany and that only Tauros and Chansey are missing, keeping this fact in mind.

So, before insulting, READ IT PROPERLY.

There is NO possibility for getting Deoxys, Mew, Celebii in Germany, absolutely NONE!
Never seen one, never will have one.

I just asked for Tauros, Chansey, and other rare one's how to attract them, how to catch them.
So, NO insulting, NO spamming, please.

CX360
15th August 2006, 11:24 PM
In the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald game, you can put a Pokeblock in those feeders. Otherwise, there's no real effective way to attract rare pokemon in all the games. It's just luck. :)

TheHOINK
16th August 2006, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the Pokéblock info, even if I knew about it already, but that might be a new aspect for other's reading it.

But how do you catch a tauros, by chance, just chucking balls, or by throwing stones or lures?

Moeteimasu Umi
16th August 2006, 1:01 AM
Thanks for the Pokéblock info, even if I knew about it already, but that might be a new aspect for other's reading it.

But how do you catch a tauros, by chance, just chucking balls, or by throwing stones or lures?

sorry *cries*

I think you have a betteer chance with chucking balls because theres a high chance of them running when you throw stones :(

Chimecho3000
16th August 2006, 5:59 AM
In the extended Emerald safari zone, you can find rare Pokemon easily by having a Lv36-37 Pokemon in front and max repels.

Don't bother with the rocks or bait, just chuck balls.

Pikachu1125
16th August 2006, 8:27 AM
They still have a chance of running away if you bait or rocks, so why not chuck balls and have a chance of catching them?

SneazzL.com
16th August 2006, 10:51 AM
Hello, there ^_^

Hope you can help me with this.

How do you attract rare Pokémon in the Safari Zone?
What is the best way to catch a single one.

For example the ONLY missing ones of the first 151 to me are Mew (unobtainable in Germany), Tauros (Number 128) and Chansey (113)
I see them sometimes.
I figured out that it is the best to stay in a field where you encountered them and just turn around till you are attacked.
The same time, it is not possible to throw a lure at Chansey without having it escaped and Tauros bumps and explodes every ball I throw at it.

How do you catch them? By chance?
Do you throw Stones at Tauros to make it angry for hving an easier catch?

How do you catch rare ones, especially these two?
Girafarig is still missing, too, but that should be easier than Tauros and Chansey.

Thanks for your support...^_^
Walk aroudn > Encounter > Throw Ball > Have luck = Congrat .... was Caught

This is what i do.

[/sarcasm]

4 8 15 16 23 42
16th August 2006, 1:21 PM
I find that Chansey is a lot more common than Tauros, I've caught lots. I gave up on Tauros, good thing I had XD, it has a Chansey and a Tauros you can get.

Pranz
16th August 2006, 3:46 PM
If you are having a problem of running out of steps, just take a sweetscenter to an area where chansey or tauros appear and keep sweetscenting. If it is a problem of it running away just try the old trick of when the ball is in the air press B+down and when the pokemon is in it, frantically press A+B.
--Pranz

P.S.- You could use Gameshark or Action Replay to get the unobtainables (Mew,Celebi etc.)

RAVENHEART
19th August 2006, 3:24 PM
If you are having a problem of running out of steps, just take a sweetscenter to an area where chansey or tauros appear and keep sweetscenting. If it is a problem of it running away just try the old trick of when the ball is in the air press B+down and when the pokemon is in it, frantically press A+B.
--Pranz

P.S.- You could use Gameshark or Action Replay to get the unobtainables (Mew,Celebi etc.)

Haha does that old cheat actually work I used to do it back in my old blue game I still do it now but it's more force of habit and it seems somehow comforting, but I don't think it actually works does it?

Jolteonmaster2
19th August 2006, 10:52 PM
Get XD! That's all.

Metagross
20th August 2006, 2:59 PM
I agree just chuck balls at them, anything else they can still run away.;292; ;munchlax; ;107;

queen-of-realms
14th July 2014, 6:54 AM
Okay, so I was just wandering around in the safari zone not ten seconds ago after reading this thread, and I caught both Tauros and Chansey surprisingly easily by chucking only two Safari balls at them. I hope this works for you :)

PokemonMegaBeast
14th July 2014, 7:16 AM
Yeah don't do anything just chuck pokeballs at them. And in 3rd gen jf you have the acro bike just go in the safari and hold B. Whatbit does is make you jump on your bike and that will count as a step but won't take any up :)

Ellie
22nd July 2014, 5:04 PM
this thread is EIGHT YEARS OLD. please do not bump old topics.