PDA

View Full Version : Official Age Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Wolf Goddess
26th May 2004, 6:58 AM
I noticed that this is a common topic, so here's an official thread. Here's what I think the charactors ages are (AMERICA):

Ash: 13/ 14
Brock: 16/ 17
Max: 8
Jesse: 21/ 22
James: 20/ 21
May: 10

There's big controversy around May. Some think that she's older than ten because of a chest. HA! These thoughts are most likely from males. How should I know? I had a chest at ten. As well as err, other things. Some people develop early. Get over it.

Moo
26th May 2004, 7:04 AM
I noticed that this is a common topic, so here's an official thread. Here's what I think the charactors ages are (AMERICA):

Ash: 13/ 14
Brock: 16/ 17
Jesse: 21/ 22
James: 20/ 21

There's big controversy around May. Some think that she's older than ten because of a chest. HA! These thoughts are most likely from males. How should I know? I had a chest at ten. As well as err, other things. Some people develop early. Get over it.
Well this hopefully should clear things up Misty should be 16 by now right? Yeah didn't they say in the Anime that she was 10? and maybe another thought on why they think May isn't ten is because of her height and well you know what comes after that
Yeah that other information was a bit excessive... and Too much info (even though I'm a male and probably would appreciate that info)
And in the great pokemon starter Panic the girl Stephnie was said to be 10 years old

And In Duel Masters (off tpic yes but it is relevent) the main character is supossedly 8-10ish while his friends are around the same age with chests

Micro$oft
26th May 2004, 7:05 AM
Here is what I think:

Ash: 13/14
Brock: 15/16
Misty: 13/14
Max: 8/9
May: 10/11
James: 22/23
Jesse: 22/23

Meh.

Crystal Latios
26th May 2004, 7:10 AM
Ash - 14 (when he started his journey- he was 10. Later a year with Orange Islands- 12. Johto- 13 and he started 14. Houen- 14)
Misty- older than Ash - 15
Brock- much older. When he was a Gym Leader he had to be older, maybe 15, so now probably he is 19.
Max- 8
May - 10
Jessie- she is not so young, she looks much older. 25
James- younger than she - 23

Wolf Goddess
26th May 2004, 7:15 AM
Originally posted by Moo
Yeah that other information was a bit excessive... and Too much info (even though I'm a male and probably would appreciate that info)

Sorry, but, it helped in proving my point.

Originally posted by Moo
and maybe another thought on why they think May isn't ten is because of her height and well you know what comes after that

Actually, since height is the first stage of girl's dovelopment, she could be tall. I was like 5.5 at ten. o.o;

Moo
26th May 2004, 7:42 AM
Sorry, but, it helped in proving my point.

Actually, since height is the first stage of girl's development*, she could be tall. I was like 5.5 at ten. o.o;

Well its ok about the info im just bashful even though im not sure of its meaning but im sure im using it right. Though 5'5 at 10? you sure your not exaggerating?
but what about the other points I was stating?

Lu-Gi-Oh!
26th May 2004, 8:22 AM
I agree with everything Shining Sierra proposed, except that I think that Jessie is more like 20/21 rather than 21/22. In one Kanto episode, the one where Ash tries to qualify for the Pokemon League by taking some tests, Jessie actually says she's 17. This means she should be 20 or 21 if 3 or 4 years passed in the anime.

Crystal Latios
26th May 2004, 9:07 AM
In one Kanto episode, the one where Ash tries to qualify for the Pokemon League by taking some tests, Jessie actually says she's 17. This means she should be 20 or 21 if 3 or 4 years passed in the anime.

Lu, in this episode where Ash takes this test- Jessie LIES about her age.
She would like to be 17, but she is much older.

Shutterfly
26th May 2004, 9:31 AM
oh boy, here we go again :D

We have had tons of Age threads, so this will be the one and only for a while

*stickies it *

Ororo Munroe
26th May 2004, 12:36 PM
I don't feel like writing all this out again so I'm just c/ping this from my post in the other thread about the characters ages:

When they started:
Ash: 10 (Either he or the narrator said so.)

Misty: 12 (I read this in the manga and I know the anime and manga aren't the same but I read it before I knew that so I'm used to thinking she's twelve.)

Brock: 15 (I just think this seems like a good age for Brock when he started. Not too young, not too old.)

Tracey: 15 (I think he started travelling with them at the same age as Brock and is a year younger than Brock.)

May: 10 (She said so.)

Max: 8 (My brother is almost eight and acts kind of like Max.)

Jessie: 21-24 (In a the synopsis I read of the thing with Miyamoto in it (I think it was one of the CD dramas) it said that Miyamoto was talking about paying for her daughter's (Jessie's) daycare/preshcool (or something like that). Which means Jessie would be four or younger. It also said the part with Miyamoto is set approximately twenty years before the beginning of the anime. (Madame Boss also said something about her son (Giovanni) being a teenager. So he is probably aroung 33 at the beginning of the anime.) Like I said with the manga, I know that it's different than the anime but I got used to thinking this so I will continue to do so.)

James: 22-25 (I think he's a year older than Jessie.)

Professor Oak: 50 (He was about twelve in the fourth movie and was sent forty years in the future so he was around fifty-two when that happened.)

Delia: 28 (In Pokemon Live it says she had Ash when she was 18 and Ash was ten at the beginning of the anime so that would make Delia 28. And the same concept as the manga and the CD drama applies here too.)

Gary: 10 (But a few months older than Ash. I think they started the same year because they are the same age.)

Age they are at now (IMO they are at least these ages.):
Ash: 13
Misty: 15
Brock: 18
Tracey: 17
Jessie: 24-27
James: 25-28
Professor Oak: 53
Delia: 31
Gary: 13

It has at least been two years since the beginning of the anime because it was a year between their first two visits to Viridian City and because in the third movie they were celebrating it being the day Ash and Pikachu met. I think that at least a year has past since the third movie.

The X
26th May 2004, 5:00 PM
Heh, most people have already said my thoughts on this matter...

Brock: 18/19
May: 11/12
Richie: 12/13
Tracey: 16/17
Jessie: 24
James: 24
Professor Oak: 50-55
Professor Elm: 30-35
Professor Birch: 25-30
Delia Ketchum: 30-35

Ninetales Lover
26th May 2004, 5:31 PM
These are all just guesses and they're based on how far we've gotten in the states.

Ash: 13-14
Misty: 14
Brock: 20-22
May: She's 10, get over it people
Tracey: 14-15
Gary: 13-14
Jessie: 24-25
James: 23-24
Meowth: Umm...
Delia: 30-35

Ash500
26th May 2004, 5:32 PM
These ages are wrong! Ash looks and sounds younger than 13 or 14! And he's not that tall! Max is not 8 years old he's too young even though he's smart! And May said she was 10 years old which I believe!

Ppk01
26th May 2004, 10:24 PM
And here is the proof of Ash's original age.
"Yes! I am Ash! ...And now that I'm 10, I can finally get my Pokémon license!"
Taken from episode one. Thank you. Good day.

Heracross
26th May 2004, 11:19 PM
That was the very first episode ever. It is a bit more difficult to find their age at the present time. Although we know time does not pass equally in the real world and in the animé world, we are able to make educated guesses about how much time has gone by, like when Ash sais it's been a year since his last visit to Viridian city and the party in the third movie celebrating the day Ash and Pikachu met. Since Ash visited Viridian city on the very day he started his journey and that day was presumably very close to, or in fact was, his birthday, he would be 11 the second time they went to Viridian. The third movie would be exactly a year from their visit to Viridian, making him 12 (athough it seems to me that the time between these two events would be over a year). Although we have had no clues lately to just how much time has gone by, I cannot believe that all the events between the third movie and the present time could take place in less than one year, leading me to the conclusion that Ash is 13.

Misty and Brock's ages are much more difficult to estimate because we have no set point to calculate their age from, like Ash's birthday. But if we just assume that Misty was 10 to 11 when She met Ash, and Brock was 15, then Misty would be 13 to 14, and Brock would be 18 respectively. I don't think Misty was that much older than Ash when they met, because she seemed to not have very much experience with pokémon yet, example: choosing her Goldeen to battle when there was no water. So my guess is that Misty would only be a couple of weeks/ months older than Ash.

Sorry to be so long-winded, but I felt it necessary to explain my point thoroughly.:)

Moo
27th May 2004, 12:56 AM
Yes this is good and all but weren't there sources (or was that fan stuff) that at the beginning Ash was 10 Misty was 11/12ish and Brock was 15 and add all that year stuff and it would be Ash 13 almost 14 Misty 15 Brock about 18/19 TRacey ????? Max is 8 they said that in the anime I believe and May said she was 10 THOUGH that is somewaht strange considering the recent US episode of Having a Wailord of a time The Little girl was 10 but very small and undeveloped but May is a different case and almost as tall as Ash, Chest, and comparing to stephenie the girl from having a wailord of a time and Jesse and James are maybe 18-22ish area's but not sure

Tom Greenville
27th May 2004, 4:38 AM
Although we know time does not pass equally in the real world and in the animé world, we are able to make educated guesses about how much time has gone by, ...

All well and good, but I'd like to present a flaw in all of these arguments and concerns:

We are assuming that everything is being calcuated on a time scale, or rather a societal level, equal to modern first world society.

Everyone is so concerned over May having "breasts" at 10 and such, and say that they don't usually happen to 10 year olds, or at least fomed that much.

I say to them, "Terran 10 year olds, you mean."

I will not dispute that in their world Ash and May (and Brock, Misty, Casey, Gary, et cetera,) were 10 years old when they started their journies. The key words here are "in their world." Meaning 10 of their years. Which may or may not equal 10 of our's. Solar conditions may equate to a longer year, or this world may be more conducive to earlier physical development.

But that is actually a side issue which draws attention away from the key issue.

Being allowed to go out into the wild or society at a certain age without having elders accompanying you (and no, Misty definitely does not count, and Brock's a borderline case...) means that that age is the generally accepted "Age of Majority". In American society, that's 18. Note the emphesis. In Pokemon scoiety, the "Age of Majority" could easily be 10. I mean, very few people are allowed to have their own unsupervised Pokemon before that age.

Doesn't mean that Mothers aren't allowed to worry about their sons. I mean, Barbara Bush probably frets over even the children we don't hear about often, let alone the two that are famous. It's motherly nature.

And it is also a good son who obeys and comforts his mother. (But I bet you don't want to hear verses from the Bible here...)

Okay, now you're asking, "Well what idiot proclaimed that you're basically an adult at 10?"

Charles Darwin.

Seriously, though, you have to remember that their world has one thing that our world doesn't. One quite dangerous thing that probably was quite lethal if uncontrolled.

Pokemon.

Pokemon who could either manipulate the elements, or just flat out out-muscle other species, including Humans.

Given the dangers of untamed or rogue Pokemon, it could be easily seen that the life expectancy of the average human was short. We're talking probably 30 years with a wide range (25 either way).

Now, it is true that humanity somehow gained superiority over the Pokemon. The fact that Pokemon training is seen as a sport rather than as a military exercise is proof of this.

So why didn't the "Age of Majority" increase along with life expectancy?

Well, this is my personal opinion, but Pokemon society is more progressive than many societies in our world. It may well be that the people decided that allowing the 10 year olds of the future to keep at least some of the responsibility of their ancestors would allow them to grow into better citizens.

Now some would say that Life Expectancy may not have changed all that much. The 40 year gap between Sammy and Prof Oak seems to counter this line. However, before you throw it out, consider that this series was created in Japan, where life expectancy is higher than in America and the elderly quite often live to at least 100. Professor Oak could still be an example of a well-aged man, at 80-90 of our years and still going strong. :083: in America, but quite possible in Japan.

Now, I will not dispute that at least two, and probably three and a half, years have passed since the start of the Anime in their reference frame. Nor do I dispute Ash and May's original ages, as they are stated in the Anime (and implied in the games). I do, however, question the other ages relative to Ash's. At least their starting points.

Heracross
27th May 2004, 9:36 PM
Well, I am pretty sure that the pokémon world was intended to be part of the actual world, our own planet. There are those who would dissagree, but there is a different thread about that I believe. In this case, A year in their world and a year in our world would be the same. I used "Their world" and "Our world" to differentiate between the made-up cartoon realm, and real life, not to suggest that they live on a defferent planet.

Now there are those people who are thinking "Wait, you just said time passed differently in the animé than in real life and now you said that a year is the same time. What I meant was that when they say a year has gone by, they mean 365 days. The fact that time passes differently remains.

Misty Waterflower
29th May 2004, 9:56 PM
Here's what I think...

Ash - 14
Misty - 14
Brock - 18-20
Jessie - 21 (In the Santa episode, she said 10 years again when she was 7 or 8...something like that so that would make her 18)
James - 21
May - 10
Max - 8

>_blazekick7_<
30th May 2004, 9:22 AM
I don't want to be called sexist or any thing of that nature. This is just my opinion and theroy anyway.

I think May's uh...endowments...*cough* are the result of natural selection. For instance, Charles Darwin (thank you Tom) pointed out that all living species "fight" to survive. For example, peacocks with the prettiest feathers mates well but, the one with the unattractive feathers die and don't mate. So this may be no different. Have you noticed that almost all women with big, uh... you know what I'm talking about, are usually the ones that guys want to date, or are more successful in the field of ahem, reproduction? This is just another way of us to "fight to survive" to keep the human race going with better genes.

Of course, this is just speculation. And maybe a little too deep for a cartoon show.:D

Now I must go from smart mode back to crazy mode.
*runs off to make up for lost time*:D

Lupin
30th May 2004, 10:43 PM
Yes this is good and all but weren't there sources (or was that fan stuff) that at the beginning Ash was 10 Misty was 11/12ish and Brock was 15 and add all that year stuff and it would be Ash 13 almost 14 Misty 15 Brock about 18/19 TRacey ????? Max is 8 they said that in the anime I believe and May said she was 10 THOUGH that is somewaht strange considering the recent US episode of Having a Wailord of a time The Little girl was 10 but very small and undeveloped but May is a different case and almost as tall as Ash, Chest, and comparing to stephenie the girl from having a wailord of a time and Jesse and James are maybe 18-22ish area's but not sure

Why is everyone basing May's age on her............well, developments. It's like Shining Sierra said at the beginining of the thread. Some girls grow up quicker than others.

Though i agree with most peoples age guesses, i think that Ash is still 10. Ash and the others are like childrens book characters. They are trapped in the same age for all eternaty (with the exception of Harry Potter). After all, Mickey Mouse is over 70 yrs old, but does he look it.

Heracross
1st June 2004, 1:01 AM
Well, Mickey Mouse may have been created over 70 years ago, but there is nothing in the way he looks to suggest that any time has gone by, or that he has aged. In Pokémon, they actually state that time has gone by. If they just stopped making new episodes of Pokémon (please let that never happen) and say, 10 years go by, that does not mean that the characters are 10 years older. Similarly, in the animé, about 3 years have gone by, but it has been much longer than that since the show first aired. This just goes along with the fact that time passes differently here and in the animé.

Keira
1st June 2004, 1:48 AM
I think they are as follow:

Ash: 15
Brock: 17
Tracey: 16

I don't know why but when pokemon started on the U.S. I was 9-10 and in the anime the ages are kinda slow so if my math is correct it leads me think that Ash has 15, same age as me

is only an opinion

Atreyu
1st June 2004, 11:19 AM
These are my guesses:
Ash - 13
May - 10.5
Max - 8 ('Nuff said)
Brock - 18 (He looks it!)

Sorry everyone...

Added "sorry everyone" from a post later on. Each post must be at least 4 words long. Otherwise, it's SPAM. ~Lady Dragonrider

Ororo Munroe
1st June 2004, 12:19 PM
These are my guesses:
Ash - 13
May - 10.5
Max - 8 ('Nuff said)
Brock - 18 (He looks it!)

My Ruby Team
Sceptile (Lv66) ;254;
Groudon (Lv65) ;383;
Pelipper (Lv66) ;279;
Aggron (Lv65) ;306;
Sharpedo (Lv65) ;319;
Hariyama (Lv65) ;297;
o_o Why'd you post your Ruby Team? That belongs in your sig, not a post about the characters ages. :/

May Ledian19
1st June 2004, 3:51 PM
Ash: 14
Misty: 16 (Ya, I got that from the Manga, but that's the only thing that actually stated Misty's age!)
Brock: 19
Tracey: 18
Jesse: 22
James: 21

Somehow, I don't believe Brock was 15 when Ash 1st met him, which leads me to believe my guess at 19 is very wrong. He just doesn't look that old in the 1st episodes! I got Misty's age from the Manga, I just guessed at Tracey's, I kinda calculated Ash's, I guessed at J&J's, and May is 10! And nobody is gonna steer me from that belief unless they give actual proof stated in the animie!

Wolf Goddess
2nd June 2004, 5:42 AM
Originally posted by Moo
and May said she was 10 THOUGH that is somewaht strange considering the recent US episode of Having a Wailord of a time The Little girl was 10 but very small and undeveloped but May is a different case and almost as tall as Ash, Chest, and comparing to stephenie the girl from having a wailord of a time

Did you read my first post? I was wearing a size B and on my errrr... at ten! I was also around 5.5 feet tall. We're living in an age where puberty and pregnacy comes at young ages. Get over it.

Haine
2nd June 2004, 11:25 AM
Ash - 14 (wish it was 18 XD)
Misty - 15
Brock - 18
May - 10
Max - 8

Ororo Munroe
2nd June 2004, 1:13 PM
I know this is off the topic, but i love your 'Avatar' Shinning Sierra.
If only that would come true in the anime itself!
If you would like to comment on someone's avatar without also mentioning something that has to do with the topic of the thread the please PM them so that it won't be considered spam.

Lady Dragonrider
4th June 2004, 7:16 PM
Sorry everyone...
That was also SPAM. You could have apologized in your earlier posts, people would hardly miss it since it's on the same page. Anyways:

Ash = 13
Brock = 18
Misty = 13
May = 10
Max = 7
Tracey = 17
Jessie = 27
James = 27
Delia = 31
Jiro (Brock's brother) = 10
Flint = 42
Mizuho (Brock's mother) = 42
Daisy, Lily, and Violet = 16
Most Joys = 27-32
Norman = 31
Caroline = 31
Samuel = 53
Gary = 13
Most Jennies = 20-26
Miyamoto (Jessie's mother) = 41
James' parents = 51
Jessibell = 22

Shiny May
4th June 2004, 7:58 PM
Ash - 14 (when he started his journey- he was 10. Later a year with Orange Islands- 12. Johto- 13 and he started 14. Houen- 14)
Brock- much older. When he was a Gym Leader he had to be older, maybe 15, so now probably he is 19.
Max- 8
May - 10

I think Crystal Latios showed it very well about how old every character is. A year after every season and May told her age. Well maybe James and Jessie should be switched because I don't really know about that. They never told that.

I wonder how old meowth is.

jj984jj
4th June 2004, 8:44 PM
Here's what I think they are now:
Original Name (English Name)
Satoshi (Ash): 13/14
Kasumi (Misty): 14/15
Takeshi (Brock): 19/10
Haruka (May): 10
Masato (Max): 8
Hiroshi (Richie): 13/14
Kenji (Tracey): 16/17
Shigeru (Gray):13/14
Musashi (Jesse): 24/25
Kojiro (James): 23/24
Okido (Oak): 50-55
Utsugi (Elm): 25-30
Odamaki (Birch): 30-35
(Delia): 30-35

HyperKnux1
5th June 2004, 2:22 AM
Here's my opinion:
Misty: 14/15
Jesse: 19/20
James: 19/20
Gary: 14

Baby Bro
5th June 2004, 4:15 AM
I've been telling myself that these ages are correct for almost a year now. Don't try and convince me otherwise.

Jessie: 27
James: 27
Professor Oak: 58
Delia: 32

Moo
5th June 2004, 11:25 PM
After careful Real life observation or something like that I have determined that yes May is 10 and that Ash is a midget or hasn't hit the growth spurt yet thats is why May is as tall as him and such
Ash/14
Misty/16ish
Brock/16-18ish
Tracey/?
Jessie/18-20ish
James/18-20ish
May/10 Stated in Anime
Max/8 stated in Anime

Cloudy
7th June 2004, 2:24 PM
hmmmm...

Ash-14
May-10
Max-8
Brock-18
Tracy-17
Misty-14 1/2
Gary-14
Delia-29
Prof.Oak-54

Sammi
7th June 2004, 2:36 PM
*cracks knuckes*
As of now...

Ash: *thinks about reasoning* He's either 13 or 14; I don't think that the Orange Islands was a one-year thing
Misty: I always saw her two years older than him... but I donno. So she's either 15 or 16
Brock: As of now, I see him around 19 or 20. XD
May: 10.
Max: I see him as 8.
Tracey: er... 16-18 range. *is clueless*
Jessie: 22. Why that? I donno. She's in her 20s though. :P
James: Jessie's age.

And that's all. :)

Mistypika
10th June 2004, 10:52 AM
I think they want May to look more female so they did it

Brock: 16/17
Jessie: about 20
James: about 20

frednmethod
13th June 2004, 8:38 AM
here' my guess:

ash: 13
misty: 15
brock: 18
max: 8
may: 10
tracey: 14

and about may, the writers made her look more developed just because the viewers wouldn't want to see a female main character without any, if u know what i mean. that's the only explanation. she's still ten

azngirlLH
13th June 2004, 9:45 PM
As of now...

Ash: 14(a year for each of the regions(kanto, johto, orange islands, hoenn), but there are only 4 gym to fight in the orange islands, that's around half of the time, so probably 13 and a half.) could also be 15, because pkmn has started around 5 years ago, but I'm more with 14.
Misty: 16(wasn't there something about she being older than Ash by two years? or was that one?)
brock: 19(im pretty sure he was around 14 when PKMN started. how many guys out there that are 14 goes crazy for cute girls?)
tracey: 18/19(he looks around 13-ish wen orange islands started)
May: 10(definately 10, it's been stated in the anime and ALL BEGINNING TRAINERS STARTS AT THE AGE OF 10... somebody said she looked '18' O___o)
Max:8
Jessie: 25(she definately looks older than James)
James: 22/23

whipsmart
14th June 2004, 3:03 AM
when the show first started Ash was 10 misty was 12 and brock was 14

GonbeTR
16th June 2004, 7:56 PM
when the show first started Ash was 10 misty was 12 and brock was 14
But now Ash is 14 years old, Brock looked more older than Ash(14) when he was 14 years old.

Moo
16th June 2004, 8:32 PM
Thats just speculation I think they never really showed the Characters growing older and such but seeing as how I'm not exactly sure on everything I'm simply assuming they don't state if this or that season was a year or so and don't really show the characters aging when they should

Dephender
24th June 2004, 5:51 PM
Eh, I'll just post my ages here as well. Note that these are for the japanese version.

Satoshi: 15 (10 at the beginning, he used a bit over a year in the Seikei Leauge, then it took 1 more year until the events in movie 3, about 2 more years after that to the end of Jouto, and he has currently spent about 1 year in Houen.)
Kasumi: 17 (2 years older than Satoshi)
Takeshi: 21 (He was a Gym leader when Satoshi was 10. I take it you need a great deal of experience. 16 works. Also, you don't see many boys under 16 behave the way he does around girls.)
Haruka: 11 (10 at the beginning of Houen, about 1 year has passed since then)
Masato: 8/9 (7/8 at the begiing of Houen.)
Musashi: 26 (This would make her 21 at the beginning of the series, which seems reasonable.)
Kojirou: 25 (1 year younger than Musashi. Yeah.)
Kenji: 20 (Considering he left home and moved to another country to work with a scientist, I find it hard to believe he was under 16 at the time.)

silver Groudon
25th June 2004, 7:20 PM
Guys Dont Waste Your Time On Ages Of Ash And Co, Cause Ash , Misty, Brock Are Ageless Since The First Episode They Appeared In. You Will Say ' Ash Is 10 Years Old They Mention It In The 1st Episode' . Well...... He Was 10 Years When He Started His Journey But Since That Date He Is Ageless .
Ash Has Become An Icon! A Legened! When You Look At A Character Like Micky Mouse You Wont Say He Is 75 Years Old Although He Is! And The Same Thing Goes To Ash!

Kyle
26th June 2004, 10:00 AM
Here some intelligent posts from Tom_Greenville and Ash500 :)

I have to say too, please don't calculate their ages! ;) That's a big error!

Okay, we know Ash was ten at the begin of his journey, but there was only one birthday moment - in the pre-movie of the third film.

Pokémon is more a ageless series like the simpsons. I don't know why some people make Ash and Co. so old O_o

But ... okay, here are some "realistic" ages:

Ash: 11 (no doubt - ten at beginning)
Misty: 11/13 (in Japan she was 10 at the beginning, but in America magazines written she was 12 and so she was 12 in America)
Brock: 15 (I think he was 14 at the beginn of his journey. His flirting reminds me one puberty of boys :D Maybe he's a little bit older)
May: 10 (no doubt)
Jessie and James: between 16 and 20 (It's hard to say how old they are, but I guess they are "older teenagers")

Charmander1428
26th June 2004, 6:35 PM
Heres my guesses. I say it's been 4 years since the start of the anime. 1 year and 4 months of kanto season, about 8 months of Orange Islands, 1 year and 7 months of Johto, and 8 months of Hoenn.

May: 10 (she could be stuffing for attention)
Pikachu: 6
Jessie: 22

Defunct Characters
Misty: 16
Oak: 53
Tracy: 18
Richie: 15
Gary: 14
Casey: 13
Nicholi: 15

[DeNi]zen
26th June 2004, 8:04 PM
To all the people saying Ash is too short, some people are just short. I have a friend who was 14 1/2 and was only about 4' 10'' feet tall. He did grow taller later, but that's beside the point. It could be that Ash hasn't had a growth spurt or anything like that yet. That doesn't stop him from being 13 or 14.

littlethor
27th June 2004, 6:48 PM
Well I know somehting about the ages!I was at this one site and they had an interveiw with someone i forget who but there was this Q about the ages and the gut said the caracters are ageless.So that wraps it up for me!!I like to think simple folks you can't blame me.Blame the simpliceity of the world.

v-dog
28th June 2004, 7:33 PM
I've been thinking about this for awhile. Here we go:

Ash: 12
Jessie: 23
James: 23
Professor Oak: 57
Delia: 34
Gary: 12
Richie: 12
Drew: 10

Ryusuke Hikari
28th June 2004, 8:09 PM
Ash-14
May-10
Brock-19
Misty-16
Max-8
Gary-14
Tracey-19
Jessie-23
James-23
Professor Oak-57
Delia-33
Richie-14
Drew-10
Pikachu-6 or 10

Wolf Goddess
30th June 2004, 9:42 AM
May I say that at least two years has passed since Ash first met Brock.

Latios_Flare
2nd July 2004, 9:58 PM
ok here is what i know: trainers usually start when they are 10. when ash first came to that cycling bridge, the narator said it has almost been a year since ash started. i read somewhere that team rocket was 17 at their first apperance. so my opinion is:

ash:14
may:10
misty:16
brock:19
max:8
gary:14
jessie:21(could be a few months older than james)
james:21
richie:15
tracey:18

Splat
3rd July 2004, 12:13 AM
Jessie and James were at the VERY LEAST twenty when the show first started.

And I don't buy the "ageless" shizola. How could they stop aging as soon as they hit a certain age? Is that age different for everyone--10 for Ash, 12 for Misty, 28 for Delia, etc.? We've seen pictures of the characters when they are younger; take Pokemon 3 for example. Of course they age.

Golden Pidgeotto
4th July 2004, 8:14 PM
It's about time I say what I'm really sure of in the ages. I'm positive that every character in Pokemon only ages by personality and not by age. Ash is still ten. May probably just turned ten. Misty is almost eleven. Brock is twelve. Jessie, James and their rivals are all fourteen. Well maybe Jessie and James are thirteen because they seem younger and have young personalities. Ash's mom is in her mid twenties and well I dont really wonder what the Pokemon's ages are because it's not too important to me.

2legendary4u
4th July 2004, 8:19 PM
Um... Jessie and James are older than 13... They couldn't get into the Bug Catching contest because they were older than 16 remember? So My guess is that they are 18 or 19, Ash is 13, May is 10 or 11, Max is 8 or 9, Brock is 16 or 17, Misty is 14 or 15, Delia is at least between 25-28, and Gary is about 14. This is as of now.

Splat
5th July 2004, 11:17 AM
Brock is twelve. Jessie, James and their rivals are all fourteen. Well maybe Jessie and James are thirteen because they seem younger and have young personalities. Ash's mom is in her mid twenties and well I dont really wonder what the Pokemon's ages are because it's not too important to me.
Wow. I just...wow. I'm not even going to comment, I'm just at a loss of words.

1. Think about it, does Brock REALLY seem twelve to you? Do you know any twelve year olds who are that smart and are that obsessed with women?

2. Jessie and James. Thirteen. That is the most hilarious thing I have ever heard about ages o_0 You do know that they couldn't compete in a contest once because it was only for people UNDER 16? They are at least 19. No younger, no way in hell.

3. How is Ash's mom in her mid-twenties?! That would mean she had Ash when she was fourteen or fifteen, and that's not too nice, recheck your math plz kthx.

The Others
6th July 2004, 8:07 PM
i think ash is somewhere around the age 13 but correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the short for the ENTIE movie in millieum town and once ash, misty, and brock reached the fancy room after pikachu's adventure, didn't ash make the reamark that it was his 1 st year of being a pokemon trainer. been a while since i saw it but i think it was. and that short happened sometime while ash was in Alzela town (or however it is spelled, before the ILEX forest w/ celebi)

so what i see, if that was his 1st year of being a trainer, wouldn't make him 11? (at that time of anime)

Gen. Hanzou
14th July 2004, 4:02 AM
Well, if May look's like that at ten, and she stays around for a few years, my status as a Pokeshipper might be hurt considerably

Latios_Flare
14th July 2004, 6:03 AM
this is alittle off the subject but whats a pokeshipper???

Splat
14th July 2004, 7:45 AM
Pokeshipper = someone who thinks Ash and Misty have feelings for each other/like the idea of an Ash & Misty relationship/etc. Back to subject~

Bayleef
14th July 2004, 3:23 PM
Okay I am going with the Japan ages here so Misty is the same age as Ash
Jessie/James: 25

Gen. Hanzou
18th July 2004, 2:49 AM
the Japanese have different ages? i never knew that! Or is that a different source (i.e. the manga)

Splat
19th July 2004, 7:26 PM
Japan is obviously way ahead of the other countries, so more time has passed in the anime.

SceptileMan
20th July 2004, 4:28 AM
Ash- 14
Misty- 17
Brock- 20
May- 10 (probably on the verge of eleven)
Max- 8
Jessie- 1000 (gets smacked by her). I mean, 23
James- 21
Tracey- 20
Gary- 20 (he was old enough to drive in Kanto)
Professor Oak- 60

Shigeru-kun
20th July 2004, 5:38 AM
Ash- 14
Misty- 17
Brock- 20
May- 10 (probably on the verge of eleven)
Max- 8
Jessie- 1000 (gets smacked by her). I mean, 23
James- 21
Tracey- 20
Gary- 20 (he was old enough to drive in Kanto)
Professor Oak- 60

Shigeru (Gary) 20?! No. That's way off. I may not know his real age, but there's no way in heck he's 20. Besides, Shigeru didn't drive the car. He had a women who drove it for him.

Splat
20th July 2004, 6:33 AM
Yet another weird age o____0

And in "The Ties that Bind" the announcer said Ash and Gary were the same age, but some think he's about two years older for some reason.

Haine
20th July 2004, 6:34 AM
From what I could tell Gary was a passenger and one of the girls was driving that car.

Shigeru-kun
21st July 2004, 12:14 PM
Yet another weird age o____0

And in "The Ties that Bind" the announcer said Ash and Gary were the same age, but some think he's about two years older for some reason.

He did? Hmmm...guess that's what I get for only seeing Japanese clips of that episode. ^^; *reminds self to learn more Japanese*

cold_katanagirl
21st July 2004, 10:30 PM
OK, I think that we're getting too litteral, I mean, it's a cartoon! But here's what I think:

Ash 13 1/2
Misty 15 (There is NO way they're the same age)
Brock 16/17
May 10, probably turning 11 soon. (What is with you people??? Just because she's more devolped doesn't mean she's older. All girls age at different times. This world is filled with hentai yarous...)
Max 8 (He can't be 10, he would've started his journey. He's really eager too.)
Jessie/James Hmmm.... Probably like... 19? And if you think they're 13...
Gary 13 1/2 Why does everyone think he's older than Ash? It was said they're the same age!

Space Skitty
22nd July 2004, 12:31 AM
Here's my guesses for age!

Brock: 16?
Tracey: 15
Jessie: 21

As for those few who are doubting in May... According to many health books at my school, most girls enter puberty at the age of 10. And it seems fairly accurate for me & a lot of other girls at my school. For size, girls have a growth spurt before boys do, so May being the same size as Ash is understandable. Ash hasn't had much of a growth spurt yet (boys get it later then girls), so May has done more growing then Ash at their current ages. That explains May! (Hopefully)

Akane
23rd July 2004, 9:32 PM
Here are my guesses:

Jessie: 19
James: 19
Gary: 15

And Space Skitty I agree with you about May. That is the only explaination. :)

chuboy
24th July 2004, 3:27 AM
I reckoned with each season they get a year older but if Ash is 14 wouldn't his voice have broken??? I'm 12 and my voice only just broke so Id say:

Ash - 12
Brock - 15/16
Misty - 13
May - 12
Max - 10
Prof. Oak - 57 XD

chuboy
24th July 2004, 3:32 AM
As for those few who are doubting in May... According to many health books at my school, most girls enter puberty at the age of 10. And it seems fairly accurate for me & a lot of other girls at my school. For size, girls have a growth spurt before boys do, so May being the same size as Ash is understandable. Ash hasn't had much of a growth spurt yet (boys get it later then girls), so May has done more growing then Ash at their current ages. That explains May! (Hopefully)
That is all well and true, Space Skitty, but just 10 is an average age; it is never exact, and May seems to be about 1-2 years down the line of puberty anyway. My opinion but May is definately not 10!!!

Ash500
24th July 2004, 5:25 PM
There is alot of arguements about everybody's ages. But you people should know by now that in anime shows the people don't get any older unless the producers want them to. And even if they did they would mentioned it like Ash did when the first episode of pokemon started and like May did when the first episode of Pokemon Advance started.

Tapé
25th July 2004, 12:44 PM
Okay, to those who say May "looks" too old to be 10 (for obvious reasons), one must remember one little fact.

This is ANIME. ;p Every female over eight and under 80 is going to have some form of breasts. You know Sailor Moon? Chibi Moon has breasts, and how old is she? 10, at the very oldest. :\

Here are my guesses

Ash and Gary: 14
Brock and Tracey: 18
Jessie and James: 25
Ash's mother: 32
Prof. Oak: 56 (a random guess)
Max: 7 (maybe 8?)

Envy
26th July 2004, 9:44 PM
Well, i think this:
May: 10-15- I've noticed that May looks older than ten. she looks like mabye 13-15. that's my opinoin. at other sites, i heard people say: "And may isn't an early bloomer. It's her new training bra, they call them push-ups. You know, it adds more than it seems? PADDING!" I don't think so. I have sisters, i know. May has B cup breasts to me.Think about it. she didn't have to automatically choose Pokemon Trainer. she could have tried more things before. and the reason they said she was ten was to attract young boys, not that it worked much., well it did, just on me.. *ummm, uhh, did i say i was looking, i mean i was, but i, uhh...*Slap!*

Envy
26th July 2004, 9:47 PM
May: 10 (she could be stuffing for attention)
Funny. Well think about it. when she wears a swimsuit, do you see anything, cause i just see skin, wheter tis a one or two piece. thats my opinion. who agrees with me, onew of the biggest May lovers..

Envy
26th July 2004, 9:52 PM
That is all well and true, Space Skitty, but just 10 is an average age; it is never exact, and May seems to be about 1-2 years down the line of puberty anyway. My opinion but May is definately not 10!!!

I wholeheartedy agree!! she looks way older. like i said, i have sister 12-14 that have realivly the same figure as May, so thats a good assumption! (Sorry about multiple posting. i have alot to say)

Kusadora
27th July 2004, 1:00 AM
OK, may-is-cute, May is 10. She said so herself in the episode "get the show on the road". I mean, even I had a figure like her when I was around her age. Also, girls mature very fast. So, please, for all of us females out here, stop judging girls by their chests and more by their minds. ^_~

Runé
27th July 2004, 1:14 AM
Here's a what a I thinks:
Misty: 17
What about Ash's MOM! Wonder how she is? And Brendan?

Steel Pikachu
27th July 2004, 5:24 AM
Max: 9
James: 22
Delia: 35
Oak: 62
Richie: 13

EonMaster Zero
27th July 2004, 2:50 PM
Ash: 13 (They had to change his clothes now that he's a teenager. Then again, he might be 12, but that depends on whether or not the short before Pokemon 3 occurred in Johto. If it did, then that would mean that Ash is twelve going on thirteen.)
May: 10 (I stand by this - puberty is said to occur earlier in girls than it does in boys)
Max: 8 (maybe even 7)
James: 20-22 (I personally think that James is younger)
Brock: 18 (He was fifteen at the beginning of the series)
Tracey: 17 (I think that he was a bit younger than Brock)
Richie: 13 (Same Age as Ash. They could have been twins, dammit >_<)
Oak: 63 (I heard something about 60 being Oak's age at the beginning of the Anime. Whoever said 52 was off by a couple of years)
Gary: 14 (I think that Gary turns fourteen sometime midway through AG, him being a couple of years older than Ash.)

Misty: 14. I think each of her sisters, unless they mentioned someone being the oldest, are all triplets, and they are all 22-24.

Delia Ketchum: 31-33.
Norman: 33-35.

Can I go to gym leaders now? There are no proof of these, except for speculation on my part.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brock: 18 (as mentioned earlier)
Misty: 14 (as mentioned earlier)
Lt. Surge: (at the time of gym match) 40-45
Erika: 22-25
Koga: 45-50....scary...
Sabrina: Early 20's. Her father wasn't dirt-old, so...
Blaine: Damn...do I even have to answer this one? He's older than Oak. No questions asked.
Giovanni: 50s. He keeps himself well-groomed, so I believe that he could be in his 50s.
===================
I'll do Orange Islands once someone reminds me of all four
===================

Falkner: 16 (at time of Gym Match)
Bugsy: <13 (C'mon...if anyone so much as thinks that he was a day older than 13, I'll sledgehammer them into the ground.)
Whitney: 19 or so..(then again, considering how May was all...developed...at 10, Whitney might be 15 or 16.)
Morty: Possibly my favorite gym leader. He will have had to be about 24-28, IMHO.
Jasmine: About the same age as Whitney. These look like two girls who were best friends in High School.
Chuck: ~45: (He really let himself go...)
Pryce: 65. (Anime has a habit of making people look older than they really are. Plus, he mentioned something about his Piloswine disappearing at a timeframe of 50 years ago. He looked like about 15 or 16 in the flashback.)

Clair: Definitely 25-27.
================================================== ==============
Um...I think that Professor Birch and Professor Elm are the same age (Elm might be younger as a matter of fact), but Birch can be more physical when he has to, and Elm...well, Elm's just a nerd who probably already has a receding hairline.

Norman: 33-35, like I mentioned.
Roxanne: 17-20
Brawly: 16-21 (I offered a bigger range, because with those surfer guys, you never can tell.)

Ororo Munroe
27th July 2004, 3:05 PM
Oak: 63 (I heard something about 60 being Oak's age at the beginning of the Anime. Whoever said 52 was off by a couple of years)

Misty: 14. I think each of her sisters, unless they mentioned someone being the oldest, are all triplets, and they are all 22-24.
Oak - if he's 63 now then that means he had to be around 23 when Celebi teleported him into the future because he was teleported 40 years. At least I think it was 40, I haven't seen the movie.

Misty's sisters - They do look like triplets in the anime but IIRC in the manga (not counting Misty) Lily's the youngest, Violet's in the middle, and Daisy's the oldest. I know that the anime and manga aren't the same thing but I just felt like pointing this out.

Envy
27th July 2004, 4:33 PM
OK, may-is-cute, May is 10. She said so herself in the episode "get the show on the road". I mean, even I had a figure like her when I was around her age. Also, girls mature very fast. So, please, for all of us females out here, stop judging girls by their chests and more by their minds. ^_~

Uhhh, whoops, sorry. I like her for her personalitly more than her looks. i was just sayin.. sorry t anyone if i iffended anybody. I just try to make a point when i get going on something, and say things without thinking. So if i did offend anyone, i really am sorry for that!

For me;
Looks (Breasts, face): 45%
Personality: 55%

Kusadora
27th July 2004, 6:58 PM
Uhhh, whoops, sorry. I like her for her personalitly more than her looks. i was just sayin.. sorry t anyone if i iffended anybody. I just try to make a point when i get going on something, and say things without thinking. So if i did offend anyone, i really am sorry for that!

For me;
Looks (Breasts, face): 45%
Personality: 55%

Uh-huh, you mainly like a girl for the way she looks??? Sorry, but that just isn't what love should be about. Good luck findin' love in your life, may-is-cute...
*sighs and walks away thinkin' : "well, i have done all I can do"

Envy
27th July 2004, 8:44 PM
Uh-huh, you mainly like a girl for the way she looks??? Sorry, but that just isn't what love should be about. Good luck findin' love in your life, may-is-cute...
*sighs and walks away thinkin' : "well, i have done all I can do"
That's not really what i said if you looks you can see that i put 45% on looks and 55% on personality. She looks good, yes, but i like her personality even more. I mean, i'm not that shallow.

Kusadora
27th July 2004, 11:21 PM
That's not really what i said if you looks you can see that i put 45% on looks and 55% on personality. She looks good, yes, but i like her personality even more. I mean, i'm not that shallow.

OK, I am sorry I seemed harsh. I am just sick of men staring at girls' breats and nothing else. Sorry again for sounding mean. ^_~

EonMaster Zero
27th July 2004, 11:26 PM
I think that it was more like 50 years, because at the time of this movie, I believe Oak was 62, since it occurred before AG started.

jigglyskitt
28th July 2004, 9:21 AM
My opinion:

Ash - 13
Misty - 13
Brock - 15
May - 11
Max - 8
Jesse - 18
James - 18

There ya go. ^_^

Ororo Munroe
28th July 2004, 9:22 AM
I think that it was more like 50 years, because at the time of this movie, I believe Oak was 62, since it occurred before AG started.
I asked some people who have seen the fourth movie and they said that it was only 40 years. So if Oak was 62 at the time then he was 22 when teleported into the future and that's definitely not true. He was around Ash's age which was around 12 so now Oak is around 52.

EonMaster Zero
28th July 2004, 10:06 PM
Well, anime sure as hell adds ten years -_- If that's the case then Pryce must only be in his 50's...

KingFirestump
28th July 2004, 11:48 PM
originally posted by treeko
OK, I am sorry I seemed harsh. I am just sick of men staring at girls' breats and nothing else. Sorry again for sounding mean. ^_~

Well, like it or not, you cant tell someones personality from a distance.

Hao Kaiser
29th July 2004, 3:01 AM
I aggree with most of you, except for max's age....I highly doubt that hes 8, i know girls mature faster, but 2 years isnt that much, and my 9 year old brother is taller than my 16 year old cuz...but anyways, i guess its pretty random in sizes.

Max seems like one of those super smart , genus kids. I would say hes mabey 6, mabey 7, or almost 8...

Clouded Leo
29th July 2004, 3:06 AM
Ash-10 (the charecters will stay the same age forever)
May-10
Misty-12
Brock-14
Tracey-12
Jessie and James-17ish
Max-8

shadow deoxys
29th July 2004, 10:45 AM
ash - 14
may - 10
max - 8
misty - 14
brock - 16
jesse - 18
james - 18

Plusle_fan_Cloudy
29th July 2004, 7:22 PM
Ash - 14
May - 10
Max - 8
Misty - 14
Brock - 16
Jesse - 20+
James - 18+

As for May, I think the idea of her stuffing makes the most sense.

I have relatives at her age who are *not* that developed, and when I was 10 years old *No one* in my class looked like THAT.

I suppose, though, that girls may develop at earlier ages nowadays. Perhaps it's something in the air xD

"stop judging girls by their chests and more by their minds"

That's what men do! We're supposed to! YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT! RAWR! xD

cold_katanagirl
29th July 2004, 8:03 PM
Plusle fan Cloudy, and for every other person who thinks May stuffs. It's. Just. A. Cartoon. Why the hell would she stuff, SHES JUST DEVOLPED! SHE IS JUST A DRAWING WITH BIGGER BREASTS, WHO GIVES A CARE??? SHE SAID HERSELF SHE'S TEN, SO SHE'S TEN. YEARS. OLD. My sister started her period when she was EIGHT. Does that make her 12? And my sister's breasts were BIGGER than May's when she was NINE. SO JUST SHUT UP WITH THE BREAST THING, SHE'S TEN, PROBABLY ON THE BRINK OF ELEVEN, IF THEY AGE AT ALL. Whew, sorry if I sounded mean, but I HAD to get that off my chest! Pun not intended.

Plusle_fan_Cloudy
29th July 2004, 9:00 PM
Even if the pun was unintended, it still made me giggle :P

And that was a bit TMI about your sister O_O But like I *said, in the last part of my post* I suppose girls develop at earlier ages now.

Envy
29th July 2004, 9:35 PM
It's cool. I have a wicked tounge, too sometimes that's gooten me intoi trouble more than once.

chuboy
30th July 2004, 8:37 AM
That's what men do! We're supposed to! YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT! RAWR! xD
Hear, hear! He's telling the truth!:D

Envy
30th July 2004, 6:47 PM
Hear, hear! He's telling the truth!:D
Got that right. The first thng we notice are looks. that what i frist noticed about May.

Scorching Kamekaze
30th July 2004, 8:52 PM
May is 10. It even says... at the beginning of Hoenn. So what about her chest! That's japanese animation for ya! Although, I think they look nice *slaps myself* FORGET I SAID THAT!

I think ash is 12/13
Brock: 17/18
Misty: 15/16
Max: 8 for sure
Jesse: 24
James: 23

That is my idea!

EonMaster Zero
30th July 2004, 9:06 PM
Misty...16? Not quite. I think that at this current Point, she's 14 at the oldest. What information do you have to cite that?

Max might be 7 going on 8 or turned 8 sometime midway through AG.

Scorching Kamekaze
30th July 2004, 9:11 PM
He is 8 from the start of Advanced.

Misty: 14-15 i guess...

Dark Magician
1st August 2004, 5:44 AM
ok, enogh May is 12, what? you may be asking, well I just read their profile on a web
just google it

cold_katanagirl
2nd August 2004, 2:34 AM
Dark Magician, get over it. May is TEN. She said she was TEN. And she wouldn't lie, that'd be stupid. She is TEN, and nothing more. Well... she might be eleven if a year passed by in AG, but if a year didn't pass, she's TEN. I know no one wants me to do another rant. And that profile was obviously lying. TEN YEARS OLD. QUIT LOOKING AT THE CHEST PERVERTS.

starscream
4th August 2004, 12:39 PM
she said herself she's 10 (may)

she is just the main character so she has to have assets

LilMayfan
6th August 2004, 1:45 AM
here are the ages:

Ash:14
May:10
Max;6
Brock:16
Misty:13

that's what I think.And May's 10,so get over it!!!and for you people who think she is not 10 because of her chest,you need to get over it.

MártonDrake
6th August 2004, 11:39 AM
May cant be 10!!! She is tall and she has the body of a teenager.. Max can be 8, and between A tall, and beautyfull girl and a small boy is JUST 2 years?? I dont think. May is 13, maybe 14.

LilMayfan
6th August 2004, 11:53 AM
How many times do I have to tell you people May is ten years old??you want proof?will here it is:

SHE SAID IT IN FRIST SHOW!!!!

MártonDrake
6th August 2004, 11:57 AM
Se said?? Sorry, I didnt saw the english episode, because the Hungaryan television hasnt got any money to buy the new episodes..
Then May grows very fast. Thats abnormal.... O_o

Gilbertman
6th August 2004, 8:52 PM
to me i think brock is more like 19 or 20 i dont know why but thats what i think

The Fly
6th August 2004, 9:00 PM
Max: 7

Ash may not seem like he could be 15, but he's been traveling all those years. He's just short for his age. I think it's clear that Misty's a year older than Ash and Brock is about a year or two older than Misty, unless he's short for his age as well.

I luv James!!!
7th August 2004, 3:06 PM
In all of these age threads I've seen I wonder why sooo many people think Jessie and James are like 25??? That's crazy, if there 25 and can't ask each other out, that's sorta funny. And they don't look old, and if anyone calls Jess old, she cares, she's tries to attack them or some other thing.
Misty: 14-15
Brock: 15-17
Jessie and James: 17-19
Max: 7-9
Tracey: 15-17
May: 10, I know there's proof but, no, she's gotta be around Misty's age

teamrocketgirl7
7th August 2004, 6:09 PM
In all of these age threads I've seen I wonder why sooo many people think Jessie and James are like 25??? That's crazy, if there 25 and can't ask each other out, that's sorta funny. And they don't look old, and if anyone calls Jess old, she cares, she's tries to attack them or some other thing.
Brock: 15-17
Jessie and James: 17-19
Max: 7-9
Tracey: 15-17
I agree with you. If J&J were 25,well yeah, and they don't look it. Anywho:
Ash:12-14
Misty:13-14
Brock:15-16
Tracey:14-16
Max:8-9
J&J:17-19

Lamington Luffy
7th August 2004, 11:24 PM
I reckon ash is 12
misty should be about 13
brock 16
may 10
max 8 or 9

NES
7th August 2004, 11:30 PM

Yes, i think so, she must be 14, but well, they say she's 10.

Ash:15
Brock:17
Misty:16
May:13-14(oficially 10)
jessie:23
James:22
Meowth:6<--well i don't know XD

cold_katanagirl
7th August 2004, 11:44 PM
You GUYS need to get over yourselves. May is ten. Not 12. Not 13. Not 14. Not 15. Ten. Why can't you GUYS just get it through your thick skulls. So what if she's devolped?

That Scary Clefairy
8th August 2004, 6:43 AM
Here my thought....
Ash is 12(If Ash started at 10, i assume about two years pass to where he is now)
Misty is 14( it was stated somewhere offically that she two years older than Ash)
Brock gotta be around 16
Tracy 14 or 15
May 10
Max 7
Jesse and James are about 18.

Professer oak= 54
Deila=32( you may think that old for her but remember most characters don't look their age)
I'll give gym leaders their later

NES
8th August 2004, 6:57 AM
You GUYS need to get over yourselves. May is ten. Not 12. Not 13. Not 14. Not 15. Ten. Why can't you GUYS just get it through your thick skulls. So what if she's devolped?

Ahhhhh ok, IT'S 10,IT'S 10,IT'S 10!!!!!!!!! i understand now!!! i only will said that if it's 10 is bad draw then! :@.

;006;

Tapé
8th August 2004, 6:57 AM
Okay, Katana, calm down. ^_^; They'll figure it out eventually. And even if they don't, oh well.

I think they're however old you want them to be. If you want them to age, fine. If you want them to be four years older than they were at the beginning of the series, like I do, fine. But the fact remains that May DOES have an official age, and as of the first episode of the Hoenn region, she is 10. Maybe she turned 11 the next day. Maybe five years have gone by and she's 15 now. I DON'T KNOW.

Anyway, that's my rant of the thread of the day.

LilMayfan
8th August 2004, 7:15 AM
I've done figred it out a long time ago.May is 10,NO doubt about it.

MártonDrake
8th August 2004, 10:56 AM
I understand that May is 10, but what is with her body?? She grows fast... I think a 10 years old girls body isnt that good.... O_O
I just cant imagine May as a little, 10 jears old girl. She looks like 13-14

LilMayfan
8th August 2004, 11:11 AM
I can't explain is as good...maybe May is overdevleped?O_oI don't know.

Ororo Munroe
8th August 2004, 11:47 AM
The writers should have made May less developed, not have made her older. Some girls do start developing when they're ten or younger and May is apparently one of them. She was TEN when she was first shown but she might be a little older now. So stop saying May wasn't ten at the beginning of Hoenn because she was and it's getting annoying seeing people argue about it.

LilMayfan
8th August 2004, 11:55 AM
It is getting anoying.If you people only realized that May said that she was 10 at the first show,things would get a LOT better.

Jesse GS the II
8th August 2004, 1:32 PM
After much speculation, I've come to the following conclusions on the ages (at this point in the anime)...

May: 11

And the other characters at this point:
Gary: 15
Delia: 42
Oak: 66

I've always believed that the characters age in real time - helps support my fanfics, anyway.

Crazy Cutie
8th August 2004, 1:37 PM
How many times do I have to tell you people May is ten years old??you want proof?will here it is:

SHE SAID IT IN FRIST SHOW!!!!
Check the spelling and it was the first episode not he first show!I think it was a REALLY BAD dudding!

Misty: 13
Jessie and James:18
May: 12

I dont think that the Anime characters have the same "age" as we have!Cuzz then ash would be 15 and may 10 it would be totally NUTS!!!

This calculation is based on: Personality height and guessings XD!
P.S The above text is IMO by Crazy Cutie please dont flame him!

Ororo Munroe
8th August 2004, 2:40 PM
Check the spelling and it was the first episode not he first show!I think it was a REALLY BAD dudding!

Jessie and James:18
May: 12

I dont think that the Anime characters have the same "age" as we have!Cuzz then ash would be 15 and may 10 it would be totally NUTS!!!

This calculation is based on: Personality height and guessings XD!
P.S The above text is IMO by Crazy Cutie please dont flame him!
First of all, it's dubbing not dudding, you left the t off of the, it's because not cuzz, and it should be don't not dont. Don't complain about someone else's spelling then make so many misspellings yourself.

Second of all, if I remember correctly it's already been mentioned in this thread that May said she was ten in the JAPANESE version which means it's NOT a dubbing error.

Third of all, height and personalities have nothing to do with age.

cold_katanagirl
8th August 2004, 8:17 PM
Sorry I kept on blowing up everyone. It just annoys me that guys think she's old because of her breasts.

NES
8th August 2004, 8:41 PM
Yes, she's 10, everybody knows, so let's stop that crapp( and it's bad drawn, they make her look older, and obviosly it's not planned ),in manga (sapphire) looks more like a 10.

Why everybody says Ash is young?, he has been traveling for many time, he's older now, i think around 14 or 15.

Tapé
9th August 2004, 6:13 AM
Yeah, my characters tend to age in real time, too. ^^; If I go by the first episode...it's been almost six years since then. So really, I should make Ash 15 in my stories. And Misty would be 17. On October 28, I'll change them both to 16 and 18. Yeah, I know that's not their age, I'm just celebrating their birthdays on that day.

And don't worry, Katana. Nobody's mad at you. ;p

Raiden
9th August 2004, 4:45 PM
1. Ash and co don't age. The reason: nobody wants to see eps of Pokemon in five years or so when Ash is an adult trainer. Also, this can happen in cartoons. In the Simpsons, for example, I've heard them say what year it is many times, and most of the time it's a different year, but they still don't age.
2. Ash is 10. May is 10. They are too friendly and too alike for there to be four or five years between them.
3. Delia cannot be in her mid-twenties. First thing - what proof is there? She could be in her mid-thirties! Also, are you saying that she wasn't even an adult when she had Ash? Lastly, she's friends with Oak, and seems to know him well, too well to only be in her mid-twenties.
5. It would be illegal for Brock to travel with Ash, May and Max if he were 18 or over. Why? He isn't their legal guardian. And, does he look 18 to you?

LilMayfan
9th August 2004, 4:58 PM
I agree.Ash&co do not age.let's take loney tunes for ex.they've been on for 50-75 years and have seen Bugs Bunny age?nope!All cartoons and Anime characters do NOT age!!

Raiden
9th August 2004, 5:07 PM
Sorry about this, but I originally had five points but I forgot the other one, and made the forth point number five.

That Scary Clefairy
9th August 2004, 5:52 PM
All cartoons and Anime characters do NOT age!!

Not really. DBZ, they age as well as other anime like berserk. so that comment is wrong.

Envy
9th August 2004, 7:31 PM
Yeah, May is ten. get over it people. Even I realized That! But the great thing with anime is, you can make then any age! That's what i do. but the point is, she said she was ten, so drop it, Please!

NES
9th August 2004, 7:45 PM
*sigh**

Very bad comparation, of course cartoons don't age!, they don't even exist XD, the point is, what age they represent, you can draw a ten years girl that looks like a 15, and then you are insane XD.

Tapé
10th August 2004, 5:14 AM
I agree with That Scary Clefairy (love the name, by the way), and I believe I brought that up either earlier in this thread or in another one. Anime characters DO age, and a point is made of it in most anime.

American cartoons and Japanese cartoons are very different in some ways. Characters ageing is one of them.

That Scary Clefairy
10th August 2004, 5:28 AM
I agree with That Scary Clefairy (love the name, by the way), and I believe I brought that up either earlier in this thread or in another one. Anime characters DO age, and a point is made of it in most anime.

American cartoons and Japanese cartoons are very different in some ways. Characters ageing is one of them.

Yes that what i'm trying to say. and thanks, i find that clefairy very amusing....

Tapé
10th August 2004, 5:38 AM
Yes that what i'm trying to say. and thanks, i find that clefairy very amusing....

Which Clefairy?

That Scary Clefairy
10th August 2004, 6:38 AM
Which Clefairy?

Trust me you don't want to see this Clefairy.....
If you insist, it on RocketJess's homepage.

NES
10th August 2004, 6:48 AM
Umm all this clefairy stuff is spam roght?, (ups i made spam too haha).

AshKetchum719
11th August 2004, 2:07 AM
Okay, so we're all wondering about the ages and such? Well, in one of the japanese movie art books, I believe it's the 6th movies art book they say that Ash is 16, as little as he looks it, and then apparently he will be 17 by the new film. Here are our ages:
Ash: 16
May: 10 (I know it seems like a gap, but this is what the creators are saying)
May is just an genuine anime girl, they all have overly developed chests...I know, it's sad, but what's worse is May is ten and she's almost as tall as Ash! >.< Now, if you're looking at the American series the creators will tell you, and I quote from the official site: "It's like a good story where nothing changes, we just say the characters never age". But in the japanese version they do, in fact, age and those are the ages that have been released. Well, hope that helps! ^^
Gotta Go
Ash

Tapé
11th August 2004, 7:26 AM
I wish I had a Pokemon art book.

Anyway, my ages have been updated.

Ash - 15
Misty - 17
Brock - 19
Jessie - 22
James - 22
Gary - 15
Delia - 33
Prof. Oak - 55
Richie - 14
Todd - 18
Butch - 25
Cassidy - 25
Lt. Surge - 50
Erika - 30
Koga - 45
Sabrina - 25
Blaine - 65
Giovanni - 40
May - 11
Max - 7

Crystal Mew
11th August 2004, 7:34 AM
I think they are:

Ash - 15
Misty - 16-17
Brock - 20
Jessie - 25
James - 25
Gary - 16
May - 10
Max - 8

Ash can very well be 15, I in fact know a 15yr old that looks 10, and he hasn't grown or anything...some people are just lucky I guess!

Aerodactyl
11th August 2004, 10:20 AM
Here's my opinion: Ash:14 Misty:16 Brock:18 May:10 Max:8 Jessie:21 James:21

cold_katanagirl
11th August 2004, 8:58 PM
Okay, so we're all wondering about the ages and such? Well, in one of the japanese movie art books, I believe it's the 6th movies art book they say that Ash is 16, as little as he looks it, and then apparently he will be 17 by the new film. Here are our ages:
Ash: 16
May: 10 (I know it seems like a gap, but this is what the creators are saying)
May is just an genuine anime girl, they all have overly developed chests...I know, it's sad, but what's worse is May is ten and she's almost as tall as Ash! >.< Now, if you're looking at the American series the creators will tell you, and I quote from the official site: "It's like a good story where nothing changes, we just say the characters never age". But in the japanese version they do, in fact, age and those are the ages that have been released. Well, hope that helps! ^^
Gotta Go
Ash
Man are you serious? Ash is SIXTEEN?! That's sorta sad, that May is ten and she's almost as tall as him. I've heard of short people but wow.... And he doesn't act like sixteen... But hey, if that's what the creators say, then that's what the creators say. And Yu gi is short too and he's like... Come to think of it, does anyone know how old Yu gi is? Ash being sixteen isn't helping out Advanceshippers... at all. I already though thirteen or fourteen was old enough, but sixteen....

Jesse GS the II
11th August 2004, 10:52 PM
1. Ash and co don't age. The reason: nobody wants to see eps of Pokemon in five years or so when Ash is an adult trainer. Also, this can happen in cartoons. In the Simpsons, for example, I've heard them say what year it is many times, and most of the time it's a different year, but they still don't age.
2. Ash is 10. May is 10. They are too friendly and too alike for there to be four or five years between them.
3. Delia cannot be in her mid-twenties. First thing - what proof is there? She could be in her mid-thirties! Also, are you saying that she wasn't even an adult when she had Ash? Lastly, she's friends with Oak, and seems to know him well, too well to only be in her mid-twenties.
5. It would be illegal for Brock to travel with Ash, May and Max if he were 18 or over. Why? He isn't their legal guardian. And, does he look 18 to you?

1. You nuts? I'd love episodes like that! Heck, I wrote seven seasons' worth of a spinoff that deals with that very concept! And "The Simpsons" aren't the best example to use - there, age is specified (Bart is 10, Lisa is 8, Homer is 36, etc.) by the producers; on "Pokémon", age is anyone's guess, so we have no idea whether or not the characters' ages progress.
2. So? I've been friends with people who were four years older or younger than me. Good friends at that.
3. It's possible that she could have had Ash out of wedlock, I suppose, but obviously they wouldn't want to bring that up on the show. Lord knows there's tons of mystery surrounding Ash's family history, although I do doubt that she's only in her twenties (as I said, she's probably in her early forties), but that doesn't rule out possibility.
4/5/whatever it is. Apparently, trainers in the Pokémon world don't need legal guardians to travel - for cryin' out loud, Ash left home when he was TEN.

Just my $0.02.

Tapé
12th August 2004, 6:14 AM
I agree with Jessie. Just because Ash and May are 4-6 years apart doesn't mean they can't be friends.

Togemon
12th August 2004, 11:44 PM
Ash: 15(Gordo on Lizzie Mcguire, who's age is around 15, was played by a 18 year old, so some people can me short, same with Ash ^_^!)
May: 10 of course! But who knows... girls can lie about their age! But I still think she is 10.
Brock: 17- 18
Tracey: 16 - 17
Misty: 15- 16

mistyfan
13th August 2004, 1:18 AM
ash is definately either 13 or 14, same with misty, but she is a few months older
now brock.. im guessing about 17. and may (i think) is about 13. max is like 6.
jess and james are about 19 or 20

TheEspeonKing
13th August 2004, 2:49 AM
cold_katanagirl, yugi is 16 also.

Tapé
13th August 2004, 5:59 AM
Yugi is so short! XD He's about half Anzu's size...in the manga, anyway.

And here we have yet another person who thinks May isn't 10. ^_^; I suppose by now, she could be 11.

torchic500
17th August 2004, 11:44 PM
i'd say ash is 14 or 15,may is 10(it said so in the handbook),max is probably 8,brock is around 17 or 18,and jessie and james are probably 20-22

KyogreFan
17th August 2004, 11:53 PM
Brock: 16
TR: 20
Tracey: 15

Destiny Bond
24th August 2004, 12:09 AM
Ash - 13/14
Misty - 14/15
Brock - 17/18
Jessie - 22/23
James - 21/22
May - 10.5
Max - 8
Tracey - 16

articuno_1
25th August 2004, 6:05 PM
Ash - 13
May - 13
Misty - 14
Brock - 18
James - 19
Jessie - 20
Max - 8

sennenki
31st August 2004, 2:30 AM
Maybe we should average every vote on the ages or something, because this seems to go on forever.

Ember
3rd September 2004, 9:41 PM
Here is what I think.

Ash- 11/12
Brock- 21/22
May- 10
Max- 8
Misty- 14/15

I think that Ash is eleven or twelve because if you count the episodes there is really only two years worth of episodes based on how many there are, because remember they only show a days worth of a new episode once or twice every week.

My Favorite Pokemon:
:surfpika:

Bnewbees
8th September 2004, 6:49 PM
This what I believe to be each characters age:

Indigo League
Ash: 10-11
Gary: 10-11
Misty: 11-12
Brock: 14-15
Prof Oak: 59-60
Deliah Ketchum: 29-30
Jesse: 17-18
James: 17-18
Richie: 11

Orange League
Ash: 11-12
Gary: 11-12
Misty: 12-13
Brock: 15-16
Tracey: 15-16
Prof Oak: 60-61
Ms. Ketchum: 30-31
Jesse: 18-19
James: 18-17

Johto League
Ash: 12-13
Gary: 12-13
Misty: 13-14
Brock: 16-17
Prof Oak: 61-62
Ms. Ketchum: 31-32
Prof. Elm: 28-29
Jesse: 19-20
James: 19-20
Jackson: 11
Harrison: 15

Hoenn League (so far)
Ash: 13 ž

Brock: 17 ˝

May: 10 ˝

Max:8 ˝

Prof Oak: 63

Prof. Birch: 34
Jesse: 20 ˝

James:21
Misty:

MegaRhydon
8th September 2004, 7:23 PM
Here's what I think are some of the characters' current ages:

Ash:13
Misty:15
Brock:18
Tracey:16
Jessie:22
James:21
Butch:24
Cassidy:23

Red
14th September 2004, 2:20 AM
Max- 8
May - 10
I think it said Jessie was 20 or something during the bug catching contest in Johto so maybe about 21 or 22
Delia - 38/40 range
Oak- 60-70?
Tracey - 15/16
Ash - 13/14
Misty - 13/14
Brock - 16/17
May -10/11
Max 7/8
Butch and Cassidy.. earley 20's

Pidgeot_luva
18th September 2004, 3:38 AM
I think I remember Ash saying in the episode right before they got to Viridian City something along the lines of "Viridian City... It's been almost a year since we've been here." Recalling that Ash was 10 when he got his first Pokemon and Misty was 11, almost 12, here's what I currently think their ages are...

Ash-13/14
Misty-14/15
Brock-16/17
Max-7/8
May-10/11

So yeah, I basically agree with everyone else

Ororo Munroe
18th September 2004, 9:51 AM
I think it said Jessie was 20 or something during the bug catching contest in Johto so maybe about 21 or 22
She said she was 17 when signing up for that test in Kanto and 12 when they were helping those old people with the Digletts in Johto. So unless you believe she aged backwards, you shouldn't believe what she says about her age.

Team_rocket
20th September 2004, 12:14 AM
OK peeps...pokemon, is probaly one year older than the beggining in the anime soo

Ash: would probaly be round 11/12

Its probaly like digimon, they will not grow up intill the last episode when they DO grow up..

So stop trying to make ash so old. My gawsh, hes definatly not 14/15

Everybody else is fine...but i do think brock is 16 and misty one year older then ash

Ororo Munroe
20th September 2004, 7:13 AM
Digimon is different because although they were in the digital world for a long time only a few minutes/hours/whatever passed in their world. At least that's how it was for the original eight digidestined.

Team_rocket
22nd September 2004, 12:25 AM
Digimon is different because although they were in the digital world for a long time only a few minutes/hours/whatever passed in their world. At least that's how it was for the original eight digidestined.

YAY someone else likes digimon! :D

WEll im talking about season 3 mainly (shoulda stated that) even though season 1 was the best. Along time passed, they only stated once there was a new year (just like pokemon) but they never grew older...

Hmm, oh well i still dont think there that older. only like 1 year older...ash just needed a change of close, just like the numerous changing themesongs :P

Chris-The-Scout
22nd September 2004, 3:55 PM
Ash was 10 when the show started.
It has been 6 years.
So Ash should be 16.

Pianissimo
3rd October 2004, 12:56 AM
ok, is it just me, or are we getting a LITTLE (I shall use little lightly) too, um, how should I say this...COMPLICATED AND CONFUSING!!!??? I relize that you all have good points but I think after reading the FIRST PAGE that it's a little complicated? Here's what I think:

Misty:14
Brock:18 or 19
Jessie:20 or 21
James:20 or 21
May:10 (if you all insist.....personally I think she's the same age as Ash but if you all watch the new anime then...)

That is my point, and I'm sticking to it, or I'll blast you ALL with my Hydro Cannon...heh heh heh....

Flora
3rd October 2004, 6:00 PM
Well, In this moment...
Ash:14 to 15
Misty:16
Brock:18 or 19
Max:8 or 9
Tracey:18 or 19
Jessie and James:almost 30
Oak: ??? wonder?
Delia: almost 30
(IMO)
J&J have the same age, and they are older than they seem to be.
Before Giovanne get the control of Team Rocket Jessie and James were teenagers, Jessie was a little girl and after, 20 years have gone.
(I got it in informations of Drama CD)

slysunshine
7th October 2004, 6:56 PM
At the start of AG, I think they were...

Ash - 13
Misty - 15
Brock - 17/18 ?
May - 10
Max - 8
Tracey - 16
Jessie - 20/21 ?
James 19/20/21 ?
Oak: 50 ?
Delia: 31

So yeah, pretty much the usual.

Aeroblast
7th October 2004, 8:02 PM
well heres what i think-

-Ash 13/14
-Misty 14/15
-Brock 18
-May 10 (so shes got a chest, just think about it here personality is definently like a 10-11 year old, plus she said she was)
-Max 8
-jeese and james 22/23

sorta the same as everyone else

-Aeroblast- ;249;

Cyndaquil
12th October 2004, 9:41 PM
OK heres summit i worked out the other day,

Ash: Start journey:10
Returen to Viridian City: roughly one year passed (shown by dialogue)
Pika mini 3: Ash bday: shown by aniversary of meeting Pika (happened on 10th Bday)

Ororo Munroe
12th October 2004, 9:52 PM
Ash: Start journey:10
Returen to Viridian City: roughly one year passed (shown by dialogue)
Pika mini 3: Ash bday: shown by aniversary of meeting Pika (happened on 10th Bday)
Most people already know that and some people (including me) have already mentioned both those times more than once in this thread.

flixerblixer
15th October 2004, 3:56 AM
Mine is also about the same as everyone else ...

Ash - Definately about 13 or 14. He has gotten older, more mature and m ore intelligent at some reasons. Okay, he still have that same stubborn personality that's still a trademark on him but well, I think he's 13 or 14, but I'm learning again 14.

May - This subject causes a lot of controversy. First of all, on "Get The Show on the Road" she said she was was 10. I believe that. Even though she is as tall as Ash and considering he is 13 or 14 and has larger breasts than normal 10 years olds (not trying to be perverted or anything) she sure acts like a 10 year old (even though her obsession with fashion is like a twelve year old). The way she treats Ash & Co. definately proves she's a 10 year old.

Max - Of course. 8 years old. He seems like 8 he acts like 8 and his intelligence spand is like an 8 year old (even though he is an 8 year old Pokemon genius). There's no argument in that.

Brock - Brock's probably 17 or 18 by now. I always though when Ash met him as the Pewter City Gym Leader he was about 13 or 14 or something, about an year older than Misty. I don't think I can argue or debate much about that but he just seems much like a mature 17 year old and he has become a lot better at cooking (seems like it ... lol).

Misty - 16. Seems like two years older than Ash and she seems much more mature when she appeared in the two Hoenn episodes and I actually sort of liked her better since she was so boring in Johto.

Jessie/James - Both seems like 21 or 22 to me. I don't want to argue much more in this than that. I've never been obsessed with an of the members of Team Rocket and I'm not going to start to.

And no, I don't think this Pokemon is trapped in time or timeless or anything. It's moving along fine.

Lemurian
15th October 2004, 3:46 PM
Ash: 13/14.
May: 10/11.
Max: 8/9.
Brock: 14/15/16 ( i am not sure ).
Jessie/James: 21/22/23.
Tracey: 14/15/16 ( not sure on this one either ).
Oak: 50/51.
Delia: 30/40 ( don't have a clue but i will guess around that ).
Richie: 13/14.
Gary: 13/14.

Mine is from AG.

I think that May is a year older, but what do i know?

Mew2
15th October 2004, 7:49 PM
Here's my opinion...

Ash: 12/13
May: 12/13
Jessie/James: 20-21
Delia: 32
Professor Oak: 52
Gary: 13-14

This is as of the most current episode of AG.

That Scary Clefairy
15th October 2004, 9:58 PM
I think oak is in his 60's because when he met celebi, it was about 50 years ago and at that time he was about 10,11 or 12t; therefor he has to be in his sixtys if the event where he time travel was 50 years ago.

Ororo Munroe
16th October 2004, 9:13 AM
when he met celebi, it was about 50 years ago
It was 40, not 50.

That Scary Clefairy
16th October 2004, 11:00 PM
It was 40, not 50.
are you sure? i'm pretty sure it was 50 years ago when it heard it from the movie.

Ororo Munroe
17th October 2004, 11:09 AM
I asked Joe (Serebii) and he says it's 40.

That Scary Clefairy
17th October 2004, 4:10 PM
oh ok thanks it just that he look more in his sixtys than his 50's that all.

DarkPokemonFan
21st October 2004, 5:36 PM
My guess:

Brock: 20/21
Gary: 13/14
Prof. Oak: 50
Jessie and James: 25/26

These ages are the Japanese ages, in the USA they're a few months behind.

Dark_Pikachu
22nd October 2004, 10:19 AM
Jesse: 19
James: 18.5

Well, hello, that controversy is stupid. Some girls develop early. Ten is the early, early age for puberty.

If I gave Max an IQ, it'd be that of a two year old. And not a two-year-old prodigy.

Red
13th November 2004, 4:46 AM
My guess:

Brock: 20/21
Gary: 13/14
Prof. Oak: 50
Jessie and James: 25/26

These ages are the Japanese ages, in the USA they're a few months behind.

Ok Brock isn't 20/21, way too old.. probably a year older then tracey
Professor Oak is not 50, probably 60 AT LEAST
Jessie and James are not 25/26 that's too old.. They are probably in earlier 20's around 20,21,22

Hales
13th November 2004, 12:53 PM
I can deal with whatever age anyone is although to me Ash looks about 13... just out of curiosity I know that Gary and Ash are the same age, but whose the oldest between those two?

I do get the feeling that Brock is at least four years older than Ash, Misty's hard but when we met up with her in the first episode she'd obviously had her trainers license for a while especially if she was part of the gym leaders in Cerelean City.

Ororo Munroe
13th November 2004, 12:54 PM
Professor Oak is not 50, probably 60 AT LEAST
That would make him around 20 in the Celebi movie which he obviously wasn't.

Jetix
13th November 2004, 1:11 PM
On the topic of ages, in my Fanfic, TWT they are all four years older than they would be at teh end of Houenn so: (If i can take four away properly)

Ash = 14
Misty = 15
Brock = 17
(I remember reading somewhere, don't ask though i cant remember where, that at the start, Ash was 10, Misty was 11 and Brock was 13 but Meh.)
May = 10
Max = 8
Gary = 14
Tracey = 17
Jessie = 26
James = 27
(Always thought james was older)
Richie = 14
Jiroo = 10
Harrison = 16
Drew = 10/11
Delia = 34
Oak = 52

Those are just my guesses. Also, Celebi Movie was 40 years ago.

Jetix, :)

IronBlade
14th November 2004, 12:41 AM
What I think...

Ash - 13/14
Misty- 14/15
Brock- 18/19
Max- Around 8
May - Around 11
Jessie & James- 24/25
Professor Oak: Early 50's

Yellow
14th November 2004, 11:47 PM
Brock: Undecided
James:22

Robert0427
29th November 2004, 9:28 AM
I completely disagree with the theory that Misty is one or two years older than Ash for so many reasons listed below are some of my reasons

Reason 1: For Misty to be two years older than Ash she would have been at least 5ft 5 or 5 ft 6 by now

Reason 2: Misty would have overcome her fear of bug pokemon by now if she is in her teens

Reason 3: Most girls start developing certain growing pains *cough* at the age of 13 and since Misty hasnt had any of these so called growing pains *cough again* yet it indicates that she isnt in her teens

Reason 4: In numerous pokemon episodes from seasons 1-5 whenever something didnt go right or a pokemon got away Misty would act like a spoiled brat and pick an arugement with Ash or knock Brocks head off with a rubber mallet

Reason 5: In the pokemon episode titled UNBEARABLE as soon as Teddiursa started using its charm attack on Misty she talked like a little kid to it signaling once again that she isnt older than Ash

I've got at least another half a dozen reasons but i dont want to put them all down so ill put it bluntly.....If Misty was older than Ash she would have revealed her deepest secret by now... in other words she would have said to Ash that she loved him, but since this hasnt happened yet i stand by my theory that Ash & Misty are the same age regardless of their height difference

Hales
29th November 2004, 10:08 AM
Misty can't be the same age as Ash, couple reasons why:

The first ever episode of Pokemon, shows that she's way more experience with Pokemon than Ash ever was and another reason is that she had more Pokemon than Ash had (we just hadn't seen them)... although I do wonder what Misty's first pokemon was ;)

I'm not going to state that Misty is two years older, I'm just going to say she's at least a year older. Another reason is that Misty stated that she was a Gym leader, in order to be a gym leader you have to be older than ten.

FISSURE
29th November 2004, 10:11 AM
I completely disagree with the theory that Misty is one or two years older than Ash for so many reasons listed below are some of my reasons

Reason 1: For Misty to be two years older than Ash she would have been at least 5ft 5 or 5 ft 6 by now

Reason 2: Misty would have overcome her fear of bug pokemon by now if she is in her teens

Reason 3: Most girls start developing certain growing pains *cough* at the age of 13 and since Misty hasnt had any of these so called growing pains *cough again* yet it indicates that she isnt in her teens

Reason 4: In numerous pokemon episodes from seasons 1-5 whenever something didnt go right or a pokemon got away Misty would act like a spoiled brat and pick an arugement with Ash or knock Brocks head off with a rubber mallet

Reason 5: In the pokemon episode titled UNBEARABLE as soon as Teddiursa started using its charm attack on Misty she talked like a little kid to it signaling once again that she isnt older than Ash

I've got at least another half a dozen reasons but i dont want to put them all down so ill put it bluntly.....If Misty was older than Ash she would have revealed her deepest secret by now... in other words she would have said to Ash that she loved him, but since this hasnt happened yet i stand by my theory that Ash & Misty are the same age regardless of their height difference

they never state misty's height

Chatsy
29th November 2004, 10:44 AM
Since when did the age determine the development and maturity of a person?
I know many girls at my age (16) who scream at the sight of bugs, and yet I don't even flinch at them.
And I, like a few other girls, haven't developed that much in our bodies yet, so since when did it matter if you're 13, or 20 for the body to develop?
Misty might as well be 19 for all that I care, because it still doesn't determine her height, her weight, he development in puberty and so on.
Not to mention that even adults act way more immature than Misty does (she does have her moments)

Sheesh..

Hales
29th November 2004, 10:58 AM
I'm not very fond of bugs myself (I'm 25)... you should see me with Raid and Bugs... they don't mix :D

Everyone has a fear of something, it just happens that Misty's is Bugs... you can't fault her for that.

Robert0427
30th November 2004, 12:49 AM
I can agree with the fact that Misty is older than Ash but were looking beyond the obvious as i think the is a possibilty that Ash & Misty were both born in the same year as each other but Misty was born a couple of months ealier than Ash

So i have no objections to the fact that she is older but thing is the animators didnt say how old Misty was only leaving it up to us the viewers to figure out how old she was

FISSURE
2nd December 2004, 4:13 PM
Why are you guys saying how may is so tall? Thery never say her height so you don't really know how tall she is.

~*Aurora Wish*~
5th December 2004, 11:18 PM
Well, I think this.

Ash. He's around his teens, maybe, eliminating 13 and 14. He looks kinda fifteenish to me. So I think he's 15-16.

May. Well, when she was first introduced to us, she was 10. It could be that she's still 10, so we'll keep quiet on her.

Max. Okay, this boy looks as if he were an 8 year old. Technically, he does look like he's 8 in a half, but I'll say he's 7-8 for some reason.

Brock. Now things get higher. He could possibly look like an adult already, but I could say that he's 20.

Team Rocket. Well, they look like Brock's age to me, so well, they're 20 as well.

Misty. To all Misty fans(like me!), she looks like a 14 year old. She is younger than Ash in some ways, so I'll take her as a 14 year old.

Tracey. I really don't know. To me, he's a 17 year old, so I'll take that as a opinion.

cold_katanagirl
6th December 2004, 12:38 AM
Two years does seem to be pushing it. At the very least, I'd say a couple of months. I HIGHLY doubt she's younger than him.

The anime doens't determine height too well. Look at May. She's about Ash's height but she's got to be at least three years older.

I'm a teenager and I still hate bugs. I always will. 0_o Just because she got older doesn't mean she conquers her fears. By that logic, Brock is still the same age from the beginning because he still flirts with girls all the time. 0__o

Are you a guy? O_o That was a joke. Sort of... ^_^

Puberty depends entirely on the girl, not a generalization. May shouldn't look as old by general standards, but she does. So what if Misty isn't as devolped as May? May is wearing a tight shirt after all.... 0__o

My mom is thirty yet she acts like I'm supposed to be acting at my age. Again, maturity depends on the person.

If we're judging their ages by their maturity, then pretty much all of them are eight years old, and you're lying to yourself if you think that.

Well except Max... But we're not talking about Max so...

What? Isn't Charm a sort of hypnosis like thing that makes you think the pokemon that used it is extremely cute? She was just acting like a girl. What's wrong with that? 0_o

I've got at least another half a dozen reasons but i dont want to put them all down so ill put it bluntly.....
Ok...

If Misty was older than Ash she would have revealed her deepest secret by now... in other words she would have said to Ash that she loved him,

If Misty were older than him by some years, I'm surprised she'd like him at all. And she can still tell him even if she was older, younger, same age. I think you're judging age the wrong way.

Besides. I thought she tried that in GCYL without actually saying it and Ash didn't react so she knew that he didn't like her so she got over it.

But hey, that's just how I saw it. 0_o

but since this hasnt happened yet i stand by my theory that Ash & Misty are the same age regardless of their height difference

I don't think so. :D But this is all just my opinion really.

Ash. He's around his teens, maybe, eliminating 13 and 14. He looks kinda fifteenish to me. So I think he's 15-16.

I thought thirteen and fourteen were teenagers. 0_o

Misty. To all Misty fans(like me!), she looks like a 14 year old. She is younger than Ash in some ways, so I'll take her as a 14 year old.

I always thought she looked a lot older than him, but people have different tastes I guess.

Lust
6th December 2004, 12:47 AM
Heres what I think:

Ash - 13
Misty - 14
Brock - 17
May - 11
Max - 8

sheragim
8th December 2004, 7:22 PM
may 11/12 (She must be older than 10 she has far the same length as ash and would be 3/4 ages younger??
ash 13/14
brock18/19
misty 15/16
jesse 21 (i read ever thy were 19 and 17 at the begin)
james 23
max 8

Ororo Munroe
8th December 2004, 7:30 PM
Not true. My cousin's six years younger than me and he's much taller. Age has nothing to do with it.

Not necessarily, many people keep their childhood fears their entire life.

Maybe anime just doesn't show "growing pains *cough*".

Other characters act that way including older ones (Jessie has a few times) so that means nothing.

Have you not seen an adult talk around a baby or little kid? They use a childish or babyish voice.

They may or may not be the same age (in the anime) but your proof that Misty's not older than Ash isn't very good.

KreKitten
10th December 2004, 2:24 AM
all i know is in my head tracy is 18 n jess n jim are like 23......but thats me goin into the future a little bit ... i have a whole little world in my head ... weeee lol.....but yeh ash gots to be atleast 14 by now

Evanescence
11th December 2004, 10:40 AM
I have a new theory. Jessie is under 20. In Holiday Hi-Jynx, she says that when Jynx took her doll, it was 10 years ago. It says she was a little girl 10 years ago. So, in the first series, she was under 20. Also, Ash says in the Viridian Gym episode, that it was 1 year since they had been their, so, Ash was 11 in that episode.

Ororo Munroe
11th December 2004, 11:23 AM
I have a new theory. Jessie is under 20. In Holiday Hi-Jynx, she says that when Jynx took her doll, it was 10 years ago. It says she was a little girl 10 years ago. So, in the first series, she was under 20. Also, Ash says in the Viridian Gym episode, that it was 1 year since they had been their, so, Ash was 11 in that episode.
Jessie lies about her age often. She said she's 17 in the episode where Ash took that test to get into the league and said she was 12 in the episode with those old people and the Diglett.

marilldude
13th December 2004, 10:49 PM
OK, heres my guess

Ash--13
Misty--15
Brock--18
Tracey--17
Gary--13
Richie--12/13
May--between 10 and 12.
Max--8
Jessie--23
James--23

Explanations:
Ash--1 year Kanto, 1 year orang islands, 1 year Johto
Misty--About 2 years older than Ash (or so it will be in my fanfic)
Brock--Definately a late teen
Tracey--looks younger than brock
Gary--How could they be rivals @ different ages
Richie--Looks a bit younger than Ash
May--Just started journey
Max--Didn't it say this once?
Jessie+ James--older

Red
16th December 2004, 2:29 AM
Ash - 13/14
Misty - 13/14/15
May - 10/11
Brock - 17/18
Max - 6
Jessie - 17
James - 19

Factory Head Noland
16th December 2004, 10:51 PM
My guess:

Ash - 15
May - 13/14
Brock - 16/17
Max - 8/9
Jessie - 21/22
James - 21/22
Misty - 15
Tracey - 17

Chris-The-Scout
17th December 2004, 6:02 PM
Why doesen't anybody see. I was 7 when the show started, I'm now 13 so that means if Ash aged normally he would be 16.

Abusoru
19th December 2004, 7:15 PM
Ash: he started his journey as 10 years old boy.
1- year- Kanto
1 year- Orange Islands (I belive)
2 years - Johto (duh, it was long)
now is Houen. I belive, Ash is 16 or 15.
Misty:
Someone said, in Kanto Misty was 10, so probably she is 15/16
Brock:
Here I don`t know. In Kanto he is mature, in Johto/Houen he is not.
Probably 17, maybe 18.
May:
10/11
Max:
Jessie:
Uh, 17 is not her real age. I belive, she is 22 or 24.
James:
20 or 22. No, I belive, James is younger than Jessie.

Ororo Munroe
19th December 2004, 8:11 PM
I was 7 when the show started, I'm now 13 so that means if Ash aged normally he would be 16.
Keyword: if

Matt
22nd December 2004, 11:39 PM
Not sure wether this was mentioned before, but in the episode were Satoshi and Rocketo Dan took the exam at that Pokemon academy(to qualify for the Pokemon league) dub Jesse said she was 17 and this was in the first season. So I would guess she is 17-20 at the current time in the show.

I still think haruka-chan is atleast one or two years older than ten :/ just seems wrong for such a young girl to be so "endowed" if u know what i mean.

@Moo's comment on Duel Masters on the first page: Mimi-chan may look like she has big boobs right now in the dub anime, but they were evenb bigger in the japanese version... -_- dont make me show u none believers the pictures... >_< so i doubt she is 10...

cold_katanagirl
23rd December 2004, 12:34 AM
I still think haruka-chan is atleast one or two years older than ten :/ just seems wrong for such a young girl to be so "endowed" if u know what i mean.
The girl could just be lucky or something. It's not that big of a deal if she's devolped at a young age people.

Why doesen't anybody see. I was 7 when the show started, I'm now 13 so that means if Ash aged normally he would be 16.
Where's the proof that the time is the same as the real world?

When the 3rd movie came out, it was the second year after Ash became a trainer (the first being back in Kanto). I'm pretty sure it had been more than two years when that came out.

Abusoru
23rd December 2004, 8:55 AM
Not sure wether this was mentioned before, but in the episode were Satoshi and Rocketo Dan took the exam at that Pokemon academy(to qualify for the Pokemon league) dub Jesse said she was 17 and this was in the first season. So I would guess she is 17-20 at the current time in the show.
It was a LIE. She is not 17. It was a normal lie, because Jessie would like to be younger.

No, 10 is her official age. But now probably she is 11.

Ororo Munroe
23rd December 2004, 11:31 AM
Jessie said she was 17 near the end of Kanto. She said she was 12 sometime in Johto. You can't believe what she says about her age because she lies about it.

ashlover
29th December 2004, 9:17 PM
i think:

ash: 13
brock: 15
may: 13
max: 8/9
jessie: 18
james: 18

cold_katanagirl
29th December 2004, 9:47 PM
Ash and May can't be the same age, it's impossible.

Unless Ash never aged, but if Ash never aged, then he wouldn't be thirteen. May said when she first came in she was ten, so she's ten.

I don't see why her being devolped is such a factor. -_-

Matt
29th December 2004, 9:59 PM
It was a LIE. She is not 17. It was a normal lie, because Jessie would like to be younger.

You can officially confirm this...?

ashlover
29th December 2004, 9:59 PM
well..its just what i think and it looks like she is thirteen..

Murgatroyd
29th December 2004, 10:13 PM
What I can confirm is that as of the Bug Catching contest, Jessie looked older than 16, even when she was trying to look young. I can also confirm that IF the Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama is consistent with anime canon, she's over 20.

well..its just what i think and it looks like she is thirteen..
She's ten. That is official. Get over it.

Ororo Munroe
30th December 2004, 5:59 AM
You should read the posts before yours:

Jessie said she was 17 near the end of Kanto. She said she was 12 sometime in Johto. You can't believe what she says about her age because she lies about it.
That confirms she lies about her age.

kevinlinks
31st December 2004, 8:52 AM
If you look at Gary he seems to have aged. Misty also would have had to have been a couple years older than ten to inherit a gym. I wonder if May's height and weight match up to Ash's and her...growing pains. I mean, Misty isn't as developed as May despite her age. This inconsistancy may explain why Ash forgot Misty so quickly to travel with the more attractive May.

Matt
31st December 2004, 2:37 PM
You should read the posts before yours:

That confirms she lies about her age.

During the christmas special episode. We saw a flashback of Musashi/Jessie when she was about 7-10. Then later she mentions that if the Jynx that stole her doll only wanted t fix it, then why did keep it for 10 years?

not sure if this is consistant with anything, with it beinga dumb christmas special were Satoshi somehow has a Charmander again, but I just thought I'd bring that up.

Ororo Munroe
31st December 2004, 3:43 PM
It actually happened when Ash still had Charmander, it just wasn't shown until later. And it's just another lie about her age.

Matt
31st December 2004, 10:34 PM
If you say so, since you guys obviously know more than the rest of the world... and know an infinite degree of insight into the mind of a fictional anime girl.

Ororo Munroe
1st January 2005, 7:22 AM
If you say so, since you guys obviously know more than the rest of the world... and know an infinite degree of insight into the mind of a fictional anime girl.
You sound like you think we're wrong. How can it be wrong when she said she was 17 in Kanto and 12 in Johto? Unless you actually think she grew five years younger between those two regions. You can't believe what Jessie says about her age because she's obviously lies about it.

Matt
1st January 2005, 2:52 PM
What im saying is, its questionable how you are so sure of yourself dispite the equally questionable evidence. Thier is more evidence to support that she was 17 in Kanto than any other evidence that says otherwise. Sure, she has lied about her age a few times, but dont u think she is perfectly capable of telling the truth under serious circumstances.?

Im not saying your wrong, i just dont like how you think you know better than everyone else...

Raize
1st January 2005, 6:35 PM
I'm seeing many people post that May is like 13 or 12 everyone, she is 10 get over it just because you think she is kinda developed at that age look it happens sometimes --;;;

Ash-13/14
Misty-13/14(I guess Misty is older)
Max(Yeh, 8)
May-10
Brock-I guess about 16 or 17 *shrugs*

Ororo Munroe
1st January 2005, 6:40 PM
What im saying is, its questionable how you are so sure of yourself dispite the equally questionable evidence. Thier is more evidence to support that she was 17 in Kanto than any other evidence that says otherwise. Sure, she has lied about her age a few times, but dont u think she is perfectly capable of telling the truth under serious circumstances.?

Im not saying your wrong, i just dont like how you think you know better than everyone else...
I don't think I know better than others. Show me all your evidence that proves she was 17 in Kanto.

Matt
1st January 2005, 8:50 PM
Very well, but if i do, will you show me evidence that tells us that she lied about her being 17 years old? and that she is as old as is stated elsewhere?

Ororo Munroe
2nd January 2005, 7:25 AM
I already gave proof that she lied but yeah I'll post it again.

Torkoal Stu
2nd January 2005, 9:17 AM
jessie lies all the time about her age all the time like in one johto ep she says 120 years is 10 times her age but that means she is 12! so jessie lies about her age.

Matt
2nd January 2005, 12:14 PM
I already gave proof that she lied but yeah I'll post it again.

What, that she said she was 12 at some point? How does that prove she was lying all the times she said she was 17?

I think you ultimately fail to understand what im getting at here... Im questioning as to how you seem to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she has lied about her age everytime she has had to state her it. Saying she has lied some times is not evidence...

im not just using jessies words as evidence here either, im using actual events. For example, during the christmas special i mentioned earlier, we saw a flashback of Musashi when she was about 7-8 on christmas eve. Later, she kidnaps Santa(...) and when she is given back her doll, she is still angry becouse she cant understand why they kept it for so long. I think she says something along the lines of "Well if your jynx was just going to fix it then why did it have it stashed out thier in the woods for ten years!!??"

She was about 7-8 when the doll was stolen, and this is ten years later apparently, so yeah, I'd deduce she was 17-18 at that point in the series.

Im not saying this is solid evidence, but can u honestly tell me she would lie about a thing like age at a time like that? Her doll was stolen ten years ago, this is ten years later, how can she lie?

Ororo Munroe
2nd January 2005, 12:25 PM
You contradict yourself. First you say she was 7-10 for that flashback and now you say she was 7/8. And how do you know how old she was then?

Matt
2nd January 2005, 9:55 PM
I am taking an edcutaed guess at her age during that flashback. If she was ten, she would look simillar to Satoshi and Kasumi in terms of height, so i am guessing she is younger than ten during that perticular flashback, since she looks considerably smaller than either of them.

Nitpicking like that wont help...

Ororo Munroe
3rd January 2005, 5:47 AM
I thought you were posting proof. One time isn't enough.

Matt
3rd January 2005, 3:15 PM
god you are pathetic...

so, what is the point of this thread again?

Ororo Munroe
3rd January 2005, 6:00 PM
Hey, you're the one that wanted to prove me wrong. I've posted my proofs many times.

Murgatroyd
3rd January 2005, 7:03 PM
Counterevidence #1: Birth of Mewtwo CD Drama
On an audio recording from "twenty years ago", Rocket agent Miyamoto talks about her young daughter Musashi. It is confirmed in the illustrations in the booklet that came with the CD that this is indeed the Musashi (Jessie) we know from the show.

cold_katanagirl
3rd January 2005, 7:58 PM
So... that means Jesse is older than twenty right? 0_o

Ororo Munroe
3rd January 2005, 8:06 PM
If the CD Dramas are related to the anime then yes, Jessie was in her early twenties in Kanto.

Matt
3rd January 2005, 9:41 PM
Murgattroyd wins, Myself and Togecgikku lose.

Hales
4th January 2005, 3:57 AM
Jessie doesn't look older than her teens really... but if she's over the age of twenty then so be it *shrug*

So how old should James be then? he doesn't look older than Jessie but you know anime is completely different.

Ororo Munroe
4th January 2005, 5:41 AM
Murgattroyd wins, Myself and Togecgikku lose.
WTF, I posted that many times. Just because you didn't look at old posts doesn't mean "I lose". I said I posted it in this thread before and I did.

Matt
4th January 2005, 1:44 PM
WTF, I posted that many times. Just because you didn't look at old posts doesn't mean "I lose". I said I posted it in this thread before and I did.

Hmm, yes, i just read through the first page, and you did say the same thing. However, it might have helped if you had repeated this to me >_< All i recall you said to me was that she lied about her age.

so yeah, I apologise.

Chris-The-Scout
25th January 2005, 6:23 PM
Ok, here is my accurate "Pokemon time" calcultaion:

Ash: 14 (1 year Kanto, 1 year Orange Isl, 2 years Johto, 1 year Hoenn)
Misty: 16 (In the Pikachu shocks back comic it says she is 2 years older than Ash)
Brock: 18 (he has to be a lot older)
Tracey: 14-15
Jessie: 25 (she is an ADULT)
James: 25 (same as above)
May: 10 (stop talking about what she looks like [who really cares:? -_-] she is 10)
Max 8 (everyone should agree on this)

There,

Anyways, what is with you guys and the May is hot thing? How can a little girl be hot?

Ororo Munroe
25th January 2005, 6:48 PM
Ash: 14 (1 year Kanto, 1 year Orange Isl, 2 years Johto, 1 year Hoenn)
It's not confirmed how long each league lasted and by your logic he'd be 15 not 14. :p

Maverick_X
25th January 2005, 9:15 PM
If only an official pokemon spokesperson AKA the guy who created it aka satoshi ofjdfksgkhninfiniteletters could speak on his behalf to how old all the characters are supposed to be and what not.